The Yancey School of Nursing is a unique academic environment where students can develop into competent, caring nurses by studying alongside experienced faculty who are dedicated to the educational ministry of KCU. Students will appreciate small class sizes and life-changing mentoring relationships with faculty and staff who are passionate about sharing the ministry of nursing. YSN graduates will leave KCU confident in their nursing knowledge and prepared for a life of service through the nursing profession.
A graduate of Kentucky Christian University Yancey School of Nursing is:
- A caring and competent provider, designer, and coordinator of nursing care who demonstrates integrity, biblical values, and nondiscrimination in health promotion and illness management.
- A critical thinker who employs the nursing process and provides evidence based health care information to individuals, families, and communities empowering them to make informed choices and decisions.
- A caring and competent manager of nursing care in a variety of settings respecting the dignity and worth of each patient regardless of ethnic identity, race, gender, age, status, diagnosis, or ability to pay.
- An effective communicator who uses leadership skills to collaborate and partner with patients, families, communities, and other health care providers to promote wellness and effect social change for a healthy environment.
- A professional practitioner and lifelong learner who understands health care systems and health care policy, encouraging legislation and policy consistent with the advancement of nursing care and health care.