Yancey School of Nursing
The Ministry of Nursing
Established in 2001, the Yancey School of Nursing (YSN) has a reputation for producing exemplary graduates who excel clinically and professionally. The YSN believes nursing is a ministry of compassionate, competent, and comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and spiritual caring. Utilizing Jesus Christ as a model of servant leadership, all of the courses in the nursing program are taught from a decidedly Christian perspective. Students are immersed in a supportive learning environment designed to shape them as professional Christian nurses.
The baccalaureate nursing program has been one of exemplary service and growth over the last decade. In 2008, the University constructed a new, state-of-the-art facility to better meet the needs of the expanding nursing program. The facility was made possible by a generous gift from the Robert and Nina Yancey family. The nursing school adopted the name Yancey School of Nursing in appreciation to the family for their gracious gift.
Most recently, the YSN has expanded its ministry to include online baccalaureate degree completion and graduate level programs. The YSN maintains approval from the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) and accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Graduates from the YSN enjoy an excellent overall NCLEX-RN passage rate and are highly sought after by employers.
Why choose KCU Nursing?
• Learn from experienced, well-qualified faculty who keep abreast of the ever-changing health care environment through continued employment in nursing positions providing direct patient care.
• Fellowship with faculty and staff who are passionate about the educational ministry of KCU and desire to personally invest in each student’s life.
• Enjoy low faculty to student ratios in classroom and clinical settings.
• Participate in an abundance of service opportunities promoting integration of faith and nursing knowledge.
• Practice application of nursing concepts and skills into care of patients in realistic, simulated health care environments utilizing current technology.
• Gain confidence in patient care through hands on clinical experiences in a variety of high quality health care facilities.
• Cultivate knowledge and skills necessary to serve in leadership roles and for the pursuit of advanced nursing degrees.
The YSN maintains approval from the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) and accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). YSN is currently on monitoring status with KBN. Yancey School of Nursing has been recognized as one of “America’s Best Nursing Schools 2015.”