The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Sep 4, 2015
Address5 Morris Rd.
Arden, North Carolina 28704
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationFrank Harrison Phone: (828) 891-2105 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Grove Christian Church is seeking a youth minister to work with our youth by teaching our older youth in Sunday School, our younger youth in Youth Church during morning worship service, and leading our older youth in Wednesday evening Youth Group. Our Youth Minister will also need to work with our adults in planning and carrying out a week of VBS during the summer. We expect the youth minister to model Christ to our youth, and lead them to accept Christ as Lord and Savior, and grow in their faith. He will need to also give guidance for others who work with younger children.
We are a congregation of 60-65 in Sunday morning worship, about half that many in Sunday School. We have about 20 youth of all ages from toddlers to Junior High. We are very conservative, our services are basically traditional, but we do sing praise hymns from an overhead screen, etc. We have folks who sing up front to lead the service.
Salary is negotiable and we have a parsonage on site that will be available rent free as part of the youth minister’s compensation. Shawn Raley, a graduate of Milligan was our youth minister, and we can provide his phone for you to call if you have any questions to ask him. Having now obtained an advanced degree in counseling, he is left Oak Grove to take a position working with troubled youth In Knoxville, TN.
We will also consider a weekend youth ministry by a student or student and spouse, the parsonage would be available for overnight use and we will provide financial compensation. We would prefer a junior or senior that might work into a full time position upon graduation. The Milligan campus is about 1 hour 20 minutes from our church building, one mile off I-26 East at exit 37 just south of Asheville, NC. Our building is located at 5 Morris Rd., Arden, NC 28704. Our senior minister is Ric Toney, phone 828-808-5557.
Until our selection committee is formed and functioning, please send resumes to/contact Frank Harrison, elder, at PO Box 715, Horse Shoe, NC 28742. 828-891-2105 (home), 828-458-3119 (cell); email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> Resume’s by email will be appreciated.
Address206 Church Street
Frankton, Indiana 46044
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationFrankton Christian Church Pulpit Committee Email: email@example.com
Frankton Christian Church is seeking a full-time Senior Minister. The candidate should possess a degree that is affirming a doctrine, belief and lifestyle consistent with the Restoration Movement. Frankton Christian Church sits at a crossroad in its history and is looking for an individual who would be excited to lead through these amazing times.The church is currently without a Senior Minister, although, we have been blessed with a unique situation where we currently have an experienced minister assisting the elders in leading the church (on a part-time basis) in the areas of pulpit teaching and working with church leadership. We have an amazing group of volunteers who are enjoying growth in our youth outreach. Currently we offer a youth program for K-12 on Sunday evenings. For adults we have weekly Wednesday night Bible study and two more women’s Bible study opportunities. We host the Youth Serving Christ breakfasts on Friday mornings for Jr. High and High School students, offer support and the facilities to the AWRE program for 4th grade students from our school, along with several different special events which are open to the community. The church is looking for a man who would come on board and join us doing God’s work in all aspects of the church relating to people of all ages and especially young families and youth development.The blessing of the current arrangement is that if filling the Sunday morning pulpit is not a current strength of a candidate, but one that can be developed with some mentoring; there is a system in place to allow for that to happen. In addition, this system would benefit a candidate who has not previously been in the role of a Senior Minister. Due to Frankton Christian Church having a long tradition of serving the community, the church would require the successful candidate to become a part of the community, building relationships and offering leadership.Frankton, Indiana is a small town of about 1800 people located about 40 miles north of Indianapolis. The local school system is highly regarded in the community and surrounding county. The Frankton Christian Church is a congregation of about 100 that was established in 1839. Along with the church there is a Family Life Center that consists of a full size gym, fellowship room and extra-large kitchen used to extend our ministry to the community. We have the privilege of housing the community food pantry in our facility as well. On the adjacent property is a shelter house which is used to for outdoor fellowship.Compensation will be determined based on candidates experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are encouraged to send a letter of interest, resume and a sermon video if possible. Materials should be sent to the Pulpit Committee via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Sep 3, 2015
Address4300 Avery Rd
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Weekly Attendance: 425-450
Contact InformationDanny Vanscoy Phone: (614) 876-6136 Fax: (614) 527-9466 Email: DVanscoy@hcchrist.org
Worship Leader needed: Seeking a dynamic Worship Leader/Associate Minister to lead a contemporary worship service and oversee the music ministry in a suburb of Columbus, OH. Must be able to lead effectively on guitar. Familiarity with in-ear monitor systems, use of Loops and Click Tracks required, as well as use of ProPresenter and Media Shout. Must be able to run a sound board and lighting program and have the ability to train others to do so. Additional ministry duties include future development and implementation of a Family Ministry.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Mail Letter of Introduction and resume to:
Hilliard Church of Christ,
4300 Avery Road,
Hilliard, Ohio 43026;
fax to: (614) 527-9466
or email to: email@example.com
Address2845 N. U.S. 31
Austin, Indiana 47102
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationDave Huey Phone: (812) 794-2541 Fax: (812) 794-0520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Teen Youth Meetings, work with Childen’s Minister on VBS, organize Fall Festival, preach on occasion, teach Teen Sunday School, helpful to be at Youth school activities
Address711 5th Ave.
Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationRichard Crockett Phone: (620) 227-8686 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a candidate who is effective in teaching and preaching biblical truth, models evangelism, demonstrates leadership, and has a strong character with the ability to maintain joy during trials such as unwarranted criticism. He must demonstrate healthy leadership and be a team player who is able to humbly motivate effective change through positive communication.
Five years in the pulpit or ten years in ministry with high recommendation is preferred. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (620)227-8686 for more information on how to apply.
Address5409 E. US Rouite 36
Decatur, Illinois 62521
Weekly Attendance: 240
Contact InformationSteve DeVore Phone: (217) 864-3444 Fax: (217) 864-5032 Email: email@example.com
The student minister will be responsible for creating and maintaining a program of outreach, spiritual development, and mentoring to students in grades 6-12 throughout the entire year. Duties will include relationship building; teaching; recruiting, training, and supporting youth sponsors; keeping an active calendar; and working closely with the church staff as a team player in the larger mission of the church. The student minister will collaborate with the director of children’s ministries to ensure continuity in our ministry to youth and children of all ages and to establish relationships with their families (including some teaching responsibilities in children’s church). Additional responsibilities may include preaching, leading a home fellowship group, and various pastoral activities. As a full-time position, the student minister is expected to work at least 40 hours a week.
Posted: Sep 1, 2015
Address2930 Middle Road
Winchester, Virginia 22602
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationKraig Bishop Phone: (540) 723-0030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionWe are looking for a passionate individual to join our team and serve as our full-time Children’s Pastor. This person will be in charge of leading our Children’s Ministry. We are a Christian Church congregation with an average Sunday AM attendance of 200. Children’s Ministry training and experience are a plus. Competitive salary based on training and experience, and health insurance. For more information about New Life Christian Church, please check out newlife-christian.org. Please submit a resume with references to Kraig Bishop, Teen Pastor: email@example.com
Address4626 Nw 8th Ave
Gainesville, Florida 32605
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationDonny Dillon Phone: (352) 372-4911 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come be a part of the Lord’s work in Gainesville, FL! University City church of Christ is looking for a full-time Youth Minister to join our dynamic ministry team to work along side of one of the top college ministries in the country. We are an established congregation of 400+ members located right in the heart of north central Florida with 40+ students in our middle school / high school youth group. Our youth group has been an active, growing ministry in our congregation for over 40 years, and we are seeking a Youth Minister who can continue to inspire our youth to love the Lord, serve the Lord and play an active role in our congregation and community. The Youth Minister will have the support of a Youth Deacon and Parent Advisory Committee to assist with the growth of our youth programs. We are a diverse congregation with a wealth of volunteers who care for the souls of our youth. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida and is a thriving community that has become a hub of innovative business and economic development with educational, cultural and outdoor/sports activities available throughout the year
Posted: Aug 31, 2015
Address1651 Campbell Road
Richardson, Texas 75082
Weekly Attendance: 210
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
The Associate Pastor will strive to ensure every student is challenged to step up to the task of finding their own faith and understanding a personal relationship with their creator; and each youth sponsor feels supported, encouraged, and important to the ministry purpose. He/She prepares Sunday morning lessons, both large group and small group. He/She connects with the volunteers to train, appreciate, encourage, and promote our mission, while engaging with the parents.
Posted: Aug 28, 2015
Address615 5th Street
Covington, Indiana 47932
Weekly Attendance: 170
Contact InformationEddy Jones Phone: (765) 505-8835 Email: PeaceInTheStronghold@gmail.com
FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST (COVINGTON, IN) IS LOOKING FOR A MINISTER OF CHILDREN/ YOUTH
Ministry to cover the following:
- Oversee all children & youth ministries, programs, activities, etc.
- Work with and seek out volunteers for all age groups.
- Plan and schedule any conventions, conferences, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate any Vacation Bible School Program.
- Willing to teach a youth Sunday School class.
- Oversee the Kid’s Church program.
- Oversee and/or lead mid-week youth and children’s functions.
- Go to schools weekly during lunch time to relate to kids and youth. (Schools allow youth ministers to join kids for lunch one day a week.)
- Coordinate a Youth Sunday periodically using youth as part of worship services.
- Visit youth & parents in their homes.
- Be creative in producing new and exciting venues of ministry to reach & encourage young people in the faith.
- Preach as needed when Lead minister is unable.
- Willing to develop preaching skills by being in a regular rotation of preaching (possibly once every 4-6 weeks).
- Assist Lead minister as needed and coordinate planning with him.
- Willing to be “mentored” by lead minister to develop skills for future kingdom work.
- Be prepared for “spontaneous” ministry in a small town community. Encounters will occur by simply being out and about in the community.
- Willing to host some activities or events in one’s own home occasionally.
- Personal development & growth as a Christian are expected.
- Have at least a moderate level of technology understanding to assist with Internet website oversight, Social Media & video production.
Background, Experience, Training
- Must hold a bachelors degree from a recognized Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement of the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
- Must have multiple references indicating one’s involvement and service among a congregation of believers.
- Willing to serve under the oversight of the Lead Minister and Elders.
TOTAL PAY PACKAGE PROVIDED: $30,000 – $34,000
To inquire or apply please do the following:
- Email a resume’ and doctrinal statement to Eddy Jones (Lead Minister) at PeaceInTheStronghold@gmail.com
- Are you married or single? If married, tell us about your family.
- Submit a brief doctrinal statement of beliefs concerning, God, Jesus, How to become a Christian, the Church and a brief philosophy of ministry. Other topics may be requested later.
- Provide a photo of yourself.
- If available, provide a video link or disk of you either preaching or teaching.
- If you have the ability to video conference through Skype or Facetime please indicate so.
Who we are?
FCC of Covington, IN is a small town body of believers located in the farming region of Western Indiana. The congregation was established in 1901. Half or more of the membership lives within blocks of the church facilities. Covington is a great town to walk or bike as the weather permits. There are hiking/bike trails, a good park with large playground, sporting venues and a city pool within walking distance of the church facilities. The elementary, middle & high schools are also a short walk just a few blocks away. The congregation averages about 170 in attendance. Leadership is currently comprised of three elders, seven deacons and one Lead Minister. We have a good mix and balance of all ages from babies to several in their 90’s. From Covington it is only a 12 minute drive to Hanging Rock Christian Assembly which is an outstanding Christian camp among our brotherhood offering many venues of activities for youth and churches.
Check out our developing website at covingtonfcc.com for more information about FCC.
Please direct any questions or inquiries to Eddy Jones (Lead Minister) at…
Address2755 East Stroop Road
Kettering, Ohio 45440
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationDamon F. Reid Phone: (937) 299-1730 Fax: (937) 293-9842 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The person of interest is:
- a committed disciple of Jesus, with a servant’s heart and a Christ-like spirit,
- someone who believes the Bible is the inspired word of God and is obedient to His commands and precepts,
- someone who teaches that the plan of salvation in the Scriptures includes faith, repentance, confession of faith in Christ, baptism for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and that faithfulness to Christ continues until death,
- visionary, mission-focused, enthusiastic about God’s desire to redeem mankind.
The work includes:
- unconditionally loving teens and young adults to draw them to Christ,
- discipling teens and young adults to increase their desire for God and a love for His Word,
- encouraging them to embrace the sacrifice and salvation offered by Jesus Christ for them,
- incorporating teens and young adults to serve and impact others for Christ,
- preparing training opportunities to stretch teens and young adults to grow and have healthy interaction with their peers and confidence in their beliefs,
- planning and coordinating activities for teens and young adults, being involved in their activities when possible.
The person of interest will fill the role of NexGen Minister.
Please, no phone calls.
Posted: Aug 27, 2015
Address12210 Martel Road
Lenoir City, Tennessee 37772
Weekly Attendance: 100-120
Contact InformationRick Keck Phone: (865) 809-0146 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a youth minister that will work with our Jr./Sr. high students.
Address5210 Odana Road
Madison, Wisconsin 53711
Weekly Attendance: 70-80
Contact InformationMarion Greaser Phone: (608) 345-3922 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the job description, education and qualifications, Westwood and Madison profile, and job application are found on Pastor Search link on the Westwood website:
Address404 S. Scott Ave.
Newton, Illinois 62448
Weekly Attendance: 250-350
Contact InformationScott Avenue Christian Church Email: email@example.com
The Family Life Minister is called to facilitate a meaningful, consistent, dynamic Family Life ministry. The primary roles of this position will be to lead children to become faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. This is done through program development, leadership training, and spiritual and emotional care of our children and their families. The Family Life Minister will provide the general oversight of the children’s ministry from birth through 12th grade.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field required. Commitment to continuing education desired.
- Experience with developing an exciting, growing children’s ministry preferred.
- Prefer experience with the administrative duties associated with a ministry staff such as preparing informative literature for volunteers, developing annual budgets based on ministry goals, and monitoring all expenses.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, train, and equip staff and volunteers necessary to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player – able to both follow and lead.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong devotional life.
- Solid commitment to the authority of Scripture.
- Loves the Lord, loves children, and enjoys connecting with children and their families.
- Able and willing to become a member of Scott Avenue Christian Church. (A member is one totally sold out on the vision and purpose of the Church..)