The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Aug 3, 2015
AddressWest Main Street
Owingsville, Kentucky 40360
Weekly Attendance: 125-150
Contact InformationElwick Carpenter Phone: (606) 674-3949 Email: email@example.com
The Owingsville Christian Church is a well established and respected community church in a rural area. Our congregation is very loyal, respected, and loving. Our church has been in this community for over 180 years.
We are looking for a minister who is called to the word of God, loves people, and has a strong faith in the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Address255 West McClain Avenue
Scottsburg, Indiana 47170
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationTim Lueking Phone: (812) 752-2115 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottsburg First Christian Church is seeking an energetic and vibrant Christ-centered Children’s Minister to join our team as we carry out our mission to “Know, Grow, and Sow” the Word of God to our growing church and community. The Children’s Minister is responsible for ministering to children birth through fifth grade by equipping children and their families through Biblical-based education and programs. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or a related field. Prior experience is required. Scottsburg First Christian Church is an independent Christian Church located 30 minutes north of Louisville. For more information, go to www.ComeToTheBurg.com
Posted: Jul 30, 2015
Address7120 N.C. 66 Highway S.
King, North Carolina 27021
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationDon Wallace Fax: (336) 983-4348 Email: email@example.com
Poplar Springs Church of Christ is seeking to fill its position of Worship Minister. Currently, two simultaneous services are offered-one traditional and the other contemporary. The candidate for this position needs to be self motivated, creative and a team player. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
Address1813 Route 772
Deer Island, New Brunswick, Canada
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationKelly Pendleton Phone: (506) 747-2247 Email: LeonardvilleChurchofChrist@gmail.com
The Leonardville Church of Christ, located on Deer Island in New Brunswick Canada, is praying for a Preacher to move into our fishing community and work with us in continuing to build up the kingdom of God spiritually and numerically.
The work here is approximately 130 years old. The number of regular worshippers for our Sunday Service is between 60 and 70 with an average attendance of 50-55. These numbers increase when we take into account our Sunday School children.
Besides these ministries, we have a Junior Church Program, Youth Meetings and Small Groups. We also share in the ownership of Bayview Christian Camp on the Island which hosts four camps each summer.
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a College affiliated with the Christian Church / Church of Christ.
He must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community involvement, prayer and personal spiritual growth. Leadership skills with the ability to work well as a member of the team are a must.
If you are convicted that God is calling you t this Island Ministry, please respond at LeonardvilleChurchofChrist@gmail.com
Address320 Hope Lane
Versailles, Kentucky 40383
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationRandy Nation Phone: (859) 873-7421 Fax: (859) 873-0566 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodford Community Christian Church
The Worship Leader will be in charge of our entire Worship Ministry. He/She will be creative, passionate and motivated to connect with the congregation thru worship. They will also be gifted in creating dynamic services, produce imaginative video content, and lead all aspects of our adult worship services (music, volunteer recruitment and development, tech team, atmosphere and environment of the auditorium, stage design, etc)
– Have a heart for discipleship, and specifically taking responsibility for discipling the volunteers in the worship ministry
– A willing heart that longs not only to disciple others, but be discipled himself
– More than anything, a hunger for a growing relationship with Jesus Christ that is evidenced in the chasing of God through spiritual disciplines.
– Brings a creative spirit to the planning of worship services, and is ultimately in charge of putting together, under Randy’s authority, the entire worship service each week.
– Helps to brainstorm with creative team ways to use worship, drama, video, and other means to connect people to the message.
– Helps to brainstorm with the Senior Minister and others the most impactful way to preach specific messages
– Create, run, or oversee a team that produces videos that help our service flow and impact.
– Create an engaging worship service each week, falling under the Senior Minister’s leadership. Our worship minister will be responsible for the selection of songs in both services each week as well as the overall flow and order of the service.
– Recruit, train, and develop all volunteers in worship, sound, tech, and video areas.
– Produce the worship service each week, or have oversight over a volunteer that produces the service each week.
– Develop a culture of Worship in our church, raise up new musicians, perhaps even assisting with some of our Student Ministry worship initiatives and services.
– Help develop a plan for upgrading the environment of our worship area
– Help us become a church known for its authentic and evangelistic worship.
• Must be willing to understand, support, and protect the overall vision for WCCC.
• Must have a strong and growing relationship with Jesus.
• Must be willing to work with other team members.
• Must be willing to grow, develop, and bring value to the team.
AddressP.O. Box 98
Crocker, Missouri 65452
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationLarry Richardson Phone: (573) 736-5121 Email: email@example.com
Crocker Christian Church seeks an associate minister in the area of young adult
and family ministry. This person will provide Bible studies, service & outreach opportunities, social activities and assist in preaching. This man should be a
people person and possess a passion to change lives for Christ.
Address1714 lynn street
parkersburg, West Virginia 26101
Weekly Attendance: 175
Contact Informationsteve cunningham Phone: (304) 210-1461 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us if you are ready to work along with a loving congregation of God’s family. Other contacts are Tom Powers at email@example.com and Mark Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address308 Englewood Avenue
Englewood, Tennessee 37329
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationSteve Self Email: email@example.com
The minister at Englewood Christian Church will be responsible for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the Bible, the inspired and authoritative word of God; providing spiritual leadership for the church; providing pastoral care for our membership; leading the community outreach and have a desire to reach the lost in our community; and providing vision and organizational direction, as well as support the spiritual and physical welfare of the church, in conjunction with the elders. The minister must be willing to relocate to the area.
Posted: Jul 28, 2015
Address122 West Walnut st.
Hartford, Kentucky 42347
Weekly Attendance: 200-250
Contact Informationmikey sweeney Phone: (270) 298-7222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-We are seeking a man that is a graduate of or working towards a degree from of a Restoration Movement Christian College or University.
-This IS a full time position
-Responsibilities would include but are not limited to: Jr./Sr. High School ministry (Wed and Sun night class as well as scheduled youth outings etc.) Helping make calls and visits. There will also be some preaching opportunities.
-This is a good opportunity for a young man looking to learn and grow in the ministry. However, more seasoned ministers are also welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
-The church has a full sized gym a van and a bus. There is only one large Jr/Sr High School in the county.
-Salary will be negotiable based on experience
– A 3 bedroom Parsonage 4 blocks from the church is included in the compensation package.
-If interested please send a resume to Sr. Minister Mikey Sweeney at email@example.com or call the church office for more info (270-298-7222)
Address111 North Morton Ave
Centerville, Indiana 47330
Weekly Attendance: 550
Contact InformationWes Sewell Phone: (765) 855-5176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centerville Christian Church is looking for someone who can and desires to be part of a cohesive team. The position we are looking to fill is that of student minister. The right candidate for this position will be chosen by the senior minister with a vetting process and input from elders and search team. We are a staff led/elder oversight governance model. We are looking for someone to lead/coordinate our student ministries. Position will work closely with our other family ministries as we have an “orange” model of ministry. Preference given to those with previous experience and Bible college degree. Good organizational skills a must. Other duties could be tailored to fit candidate’s skill set – ability to assist with adult discipleship a plus. Candidate should also have good leadership skills including people skills and the ability to recruit and train volunteers. Experience with a larger church is a must. Church currently runs 550-600 in attendance. Candidate also needs to be a person of character that reflects the heart of Jesus. Besides the senior minister, we currently have a full-time worship arts minister, full-time children’s director, full-time ministry assistant, part-time seniors/pastoral care minister, and 2 part-time ministry assistants.
Package currently includes health insurance, disability and life insurance policies, retirement benefits after one year, as well as other benefits and will be determined based on education and experience. Applicants should send a resume that includes experience and education, cover letter, and any social networking info.
Address4237 E. Social Row Road
Waynesville, Ohio 45068
Weekly Attendance: 800
Contact InformationKevan Duke Phone: (937) 885-7402 Fax: (937) 885-2634 Email: email@example.com
CrossView is celebrating its 175th anniversary, but we have experienced a significant amount of growth over the past 15 years. Our children’s ministry has been a thriving part of our community over that time. Our Minister to Children served on staff for 20+ years, and is transitioning out in a very healthy way.
This is a Full Time Position (40-50 hours/wk) that oversees ministry to children ages birth-5th grade. The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years of experience in Children/Youth/Family Ministry.
We are searching for a candidate who has the expertise and skillset to sustain our ministry to children through the transition, and to multiply its effectiveness in the years ahead. The candidate should be strong in these 5 characteristics:
- Committed to Family Centered Discipleship
- Committed to Teaching the Scriptural Meta-Narrative (big story)
- Driven toward Creating, Building, and Completing New Initiatives
- Dynamic Personality
- Highly Organized
Go to crossview.cc/employment for more information on the job description and to download the Minister to Children Questionnaire.
Posted: Jul 27, 2015
Address1555 E. University Ave
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationSonya Harmon, Office Manager Phone: (575) 522-6707 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University Church of Christ is seeking a full-time Worship Minister who will be responsible for organizing, planning and leading Sunday’s a cappella and instrumental worship services, weekly instrumental college worship for the Aggies for Christ campus ministry, and other related activities.
More information including job description available on our website:
Interested applicants should send an email to:
Please include a cover letter, résumé, and links to available music samples (audio or video) that demonstrate your musical abilities. Please do NOT send audio or video files as attachments.
Address1720 S. St. Cloud Ave.
Valrico, Florida 33594
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationDan Stoffer Phone: (813) 689-1457 Email: email@example.com
Horizon Christian Church (Valrico, Florida) is an exciting, growing, medium-sized church with a new Lead Pastor, new staff and new vision. If you are a hard-working, committed, motivated, caring, lover of the local church, this could be the perfect ministry assignment for you.
Our mission is to help all people find and grow in their new beginning with Jesus. As such, Family Ministry is a priority. Our strategy for this mission is to equip and encourage people to gather in worship weekly, grow in community by joining a Life Group, or class, give generously of all of their resource, and go and serve the world – locally and globally.
Title of Position: Family Minister
The Family Minister is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of Children’s and Youth Ministries to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. He / she is first an advocate for the young (children, youth and young adults). He / she is next an advocate for the parent(s) of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young. He / she is concerned for other mature adults because they have an important role in the discipleship and mentoring of parents and young people, alike.
Areas of responsibility
The Family Minister will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their parents. The Minister will create systems that ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that young people have spiritual mentors when their parent cannot be the model.
- Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth.
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual develop connects to the next.
- Recruit, train and equip quality and committed volunteers for Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Ensure that ministry leaders and curriculum resources connect regularly to the homes, so parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
- Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
Equipping and Encouraging Parents
- Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a way that corporate unity is maintained.
Primary Strengths and Skills
– Must have a strong and constantly developing relationship with Jesus Christ .
– Must have a passion and plan to glorify God, reflect Him, and reach the community for Jesus Christ through Family Ministries.
– Must have a passion and love for the purpose of the local church .
– Must have proven leadership, administration, recruitment and discipleship skills.
– Must have strong relational skills with people of all ages.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Relates closely with: Staff, ministry volunteers, parents and congregation.
Education: We prefer a four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry from an accredited Christian College or University, or equivalent experience.
Experience: We prefer the candidate have at least four years of experience in Children’s, Youth, or Family Ministries.
Salary Range: Based on experience and education.
Time Required: Full-time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Category: Family Minister
Denomination: Christian Church (Independent / Non-denominational)
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and worship)
Posted: Jul 23, 2015
PULASKI, Illinois 62976
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationTODD THURSTON Email: TTHURSTON@SIEC.ORG
WE ARE A TRADITIONAL NON-DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH IN A RURAL AGRICULTURAL AREA. WE ARE PRAYERFULLY SEEKING SOMEONE WHO CAN RELATE AND WORK WITH YOUNG ADULT COUPLES AND FAMILIES, OUTGOING, AND WILLING TO GET INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY. WE ARE 20 MILES NORTH OF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF ILLINOIS AND WITHIN 30 TO 45 MINUTES OF LARGER TOWNS IN IL, MO, AND KY.
Posted: Jul 22, 2015
Address202 Bruner Pike
LaFontaine, Indiana 46940
Weekly Attendance: 250-275
Contact InformationBrad Wright Phone: (765) 981-2101 Email: email@example.com
The Worship and Connections Minister serves to develop and implement Sunday morning worship services, as well as manage the overall flow, direction and theme of the worship service. The Worship and Connections Minister will also share responsibility in the Connections component with the Senior Minister as they help connect Church people together for the glory of God’s Kingdom.
A detailed job description available upon request.