The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 27, 2021
Address206 Poplar Ridge Church Road
Piney Flats, Tennessee 37686
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationMatt Mangum Phone: (423) 502-2491 Email: email@example.com
The goal of a Poplar Ridge internship is to provide an intern with a holistic experience in ministry by providing practical,
hands on opportunities.
● Typical length is 12 weeks.
● Extensions are possible pending PRCC’s capabilities and interest, as well the availability of the intern.
● Designed for college age students and other adults interested in pursuing ministry in mind.
Interns: While each intern may have responsibilities in his or her area of preference, all interns:
● Must participate in the congregational life of Poplar Ridge.
● Arrive teachable and prepared to be a team player.
● Work alongside Poplar Ridge staff members to learn and experience the day-to-day aspects of their ministry.
● Build positive relationships with church staff, members and church leaders.
● Are dependable and honest with their assigned work hours.
● Are mentored through regularly scheduled meetings.
● Adhere to the policies and team assumptions of Poplar Ridge Christian Church.
● Attend and participate in scheduled training/learning opportunities.
Address5350 E. Hulman Dr.
Terre Haute, Indiana 47803
Weekly Attendance: 300-325
Contact InformationTodd W. Payton Phone: (812) 877-1187 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worship Pastor/Director at Union Christian Church will oversee all aspects of the worship service, including working with and overseeing the Tech team, audio team, and all other volunteers connected to worship.
They will have a desire to not only lead; but serve those they are working with; by championing them in their volunteer’s roles at UCC. We are looking for a high energy candidate who is passionate and discerning about all aspects of worship ministry.
This person must be a person of integrity who has a heart to see people connect to Jesus through the art of worship. The candidate should be technically minded, relational, leadership focused, and willing to jump in a work with a team.
- Create an environment for UCC to worship in two different settings. Blended First Service and Contemporary Second Service
- Meet with key volunteers on the worship team, tech team, and audio team to continue improving the worship experience.
- Recruit and work with a stage design team, staying current with contemporary stage designs.
- Serve as primary worship leader; but be willing to champion others to take lead at times.
- Develop and manage worship and tech budget.
- Partner with Lead Pastor to develop a seamless service, partner with Lead Pastor in discipleship and other areas where asked.
- Oversee the setup and operation of both services including sound, lights, and online service. Teams are already in place.
- Organize and lead rehearsals throughout the week.
- Recruit and train volunteers for worship, stage design, tech, and audio.
- Personal relationship with Jesus
- Agree with UCC’s statement of faith.
- Have a degree in Worship and Arts from a Christian University
- Be proficient in at least one musical instrument and be able to sing.
- 2 years + experience leading worship in a part-time or full-time paid position
- Work with and partner with the UCC staff
- Attend weekly staff meetings and report to Lead Pastor.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and write a monthly report.
- Ordained into the ministry or the desire to be ordained.
- Able and willing to preach 1-2 times a year if needed. If the desire is there to do more it could change.
- Willing to preform other ministry duties, such as: hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, in home visits.
- Be willing to place membership at UCC, tithe on a regular basis, and build relationships within the church.
The Worship Pastor/Director will be joining a church that has accomplished a lot in the last 3-4 years. We’ve seen around 100 people give their life to Jesus. We completed a half a million-dollar renovation to the church building, we completed renovations to a house and made them the church offices, in the last year we have invested close to $10,000 in tech equipment to be able to have online live services.
Union Christian Church is a great church on the East Side of Terre Haute, IN. Terre Haute is home to Indiana State University and Rose Hulman Institute of Technology. We have a great congregation that is made up of families ranging from their 20’s to 80’s. The staff consists of a Lead Pastor, Children’s Director, Worship Pastor, Office Admin, and Part-time Youth Pastor.
If you are interested in the position please visit our church website and check us out. Take time to read through our Statement of Faith and pray about your next move. If you decide to apply; send your resume, with a picture of you and your family (if you are married) to the contact listed above.
Address12711 Chatham Road
Axton, Virginia 24054
Weekly Attendance: 235
Contact InformationDoug Richardson Phone: (276) 650-7004 Email: email@example.com
Purpose and Objective
To plan, execute, and communicate activities and programs aimed at enriching the spiritual lives of youth grades 6-12.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equal. Degree in Bible, youth ministry, or related field is preferred but not required.
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Possesses excellent biblical knowledge and is sound in doctrine.
- Ability to effectively convey biblical knowledge in way that relates to teens.
- Skill at organizing and maintaining Bible lessons, youth group records, timelines/agendas, announcements, budgets, etc.
- Ability to lead groups of people (including teens) to accomplish a goal.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all youth (including mentoring of youth) and with parents and other adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Skill at public speaking.
- Skill at visioning and planning for youths and the youth group.
- Knowledge of and skill at using a personal computer (PC, laptop, notebook, tablet, etc.).
- Knowledge of and skill at using social media.
- Knowledge of and skill at using audio/visual equipment and software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Elders in the employ of the church to advance the goals and growth of the church. Unity being a prime factor in the spiritual health of the church, the youth minister must, along with the pulpit minister and any other ministers, consistently promote and preserve the unity of the body at County Line Christian Church.
- Plan engaging, constructive, and fun activities for the teens – using teen input as well. (for example – service projects, Christian Youth Functions, Bible Camp, Spiritual Growth Workshop, devotionals, mission trips, etc.)
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of Vacation Bible School with the Children’s Director.
- Chair a committee, made up of parents, teens, and other volunteers that will plan, organize, and publish a schedule for the year’s events. Committee is to meet a minimum of four times each year.
- Preach when needed such as Youth Sunday or other days as requested by the elders.
- Encourage and organize youth group mission trips/work.
- Prioritize youth security and safety.
- Plan and manage all aspects of youth trips including room assignments and chaperone assignments. Effectively and diplomatically manage parent and youth push-back to carry out the plan.
- Prepare well-thought-out Bible lessons and devotionals and effectively communicate them in an energetic and organized way that relates to the teens.
- Developing strategic plan for youth group
- Manage and maintain social media and electronic communication outlets
Preferred that minister is married; however, this is not a requirement or screening criterion.
Periodic travel on weekdays and weekends required for youth group related activities and conferences.
Address1660 Croton Rd.
Melbourne, Florida 32935
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Contact InformationAaron Holsapple Phone: (321) 259-0478 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
River Run Christian Church is seeking a Worship and Media Minister who can graciously lead, shepherd, and equip a talented team of musicians, vocalists, and technical volunteers for the weekly worship service, as well as oversee, lead, and develop the church’s online presence and media ministry. The Worship and Media Minister is the primary facilitator for creating a worship environment and online experience that Builds HIS Community by drawing us into the presence of God and Impacts OUR Community by glorifying God.
Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Address1305 West Collin Raye Drive
De Queen, Arkansas 71832-9740
Weekly Attendance: 230
Contact InformationToney Stowers Phone: (870) 784-2499 Email: email@example.com
The De Queen Church of Christ in De Queen, Arkansas is looking for a Youth and Family Minister to lead our Youth Ministries and help in our Servant Ministries. The ideal candidate would be bilingual (English and Spanish) as we minister and serve a multicultural community.
Address11820 Nature Trail
Port Richey, Florida 34668
Weekly Attendance: Inperson pre-coid 110, inperson with online service 50.
Contact InformationMichael Bryant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathway Christian Church needs a creative, energetic, and musically skilled Worship Minister/Youth Minister who works with the Preaching Pastor to cultivate worship services and a worship team that lead our congregation to encounter the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit and to cultivate an amazing Family and Student ministry with the purpose to engage the families and give them the care and resources to see their children and teens grow in Christ, to oversee and lead with some amazing volunteers.
Plan with the Preaching Pastor the weekly Sunday 10:30am worship service, choosing songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word. Plan the weekly Pathway Kids program and Pathway Student program with volunteers.
Model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus. Recruit, audition, teach, and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
Recruit and train volunteers in the Family/Student ministry and engage parents, curriculum, lay out expectations for where you are going and how-to bring others with you, develop close relationships with safe boundaries, do not be afraid to try new things.
Lead weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community within the worship team.
Enter songs into EasyWorship and report song use to SongSelect on a weekly basis. Preferably play guitar.
Plan outings and trips, Vacation Bible School, engage our relationship with Schrader Elementary with the Preaching Pastor.
Participate in all planned leadership meetings and keep a balance of regular office hours plus be out in the community.
Work alongside church leadership and other ministry leaders in prayer, planning, coordination, budgeting, and evangelistic efforts of the greater mission of Pathway Christian Church agree with beliefs of the Restoration Movement.
Nurture one’s own spiritual and professional development through personal time in prayer, scripture, study, weekly participation in a Life Group, and continuing education opportunities. Be motivated and action oriented, and able to pass a background check.
Evaluate the Worship/Youth Ministry and provide improvement steps on a regular basis.
Posted: Jan 24, 2021
Address5 Morris Rd.
Arden, North Carolina 28704
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationFrank Harrison Phone: (828) 458-3119 Email: email@example.com
Oak Grove Christian Church in Arden, NC seeks part time or full time worship leader/youth minister to establish and grow our youth ministry. Candidate should be outgoing, willing to go into our community and local schools to develop relationships to draw youth to the youth ministry. Candidate must have high moral integrity, be a self-starter, and model Christ-like living to our youth. Must be well grounded in the Biblical plan of salvation and be able to share that with youth of all ages. Will be responsible for leading our worship praise team and our youth program for all ages. Will serve under the leadership of the senior minister, Archie Gilmer. Salary negotiable but typical initial annual cash salary of $25,000 plus rent free use of the furnished parsonage which provides total starting annual compensation equivalent to ~$35,000. Oak Grove Christian is a congregation of about 55 in morning worship, with 6-8 youth of various ages. We will consider a part time position if a candidate meets the other qualifications, and we will consider a part time, weekend candidate that is a junior or senior at a Bible College/Christian University within reasonable driving distance, and meets the other criteria. Part time compensation negotiable. Email resumes and a photo to Frank Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO Box 715, Horse Shoe, NC 28742. If desire to call with initial questions, please call Frank Harrison 828-458-3119 or Archie Gilmer, Minister, at 828-691-1053.
Address3684 W KY 10
TOLLESBORO, Kentucky 41189
Weekly Attendance: 150-250
Contact InformationDeacon Larry Alexander Email: email@example.com
Tollesboro Christian Church of Tollesboro, KY has an immediate opening for a Senior Minister. Current staff includes a Youth Minister, Worship Leader/Young Adult Minister & Discipleship Minister. We are looking for an experienced effective preacher who is willing to work with the leadership for effective growth. Candidate should have senior minister experience and a minimum of 4 year degree.
Position: Senior Minister.
Purpose: To serve the congregation as a preacher and to work with the elders and other leaders in the congregation to lead people to Christ, help them grow spiritually and involve them in Christian service. We believe the membership should connect with Christ, with others and the world.
Responsibilities include preaching Sunday morning and evening services and leading a Wednesday night Bible study; to serve as a team leader to coordinate the work of the church staff and ministers, holding regular meetings at least bi-weekly. The Sr. Minister will be expected to establish regular office hours, report only to the Elders, attend regular and special general board meetings.
Area Served :
The community of Tollesboro and surrounding area including Lewis, Mason, Fleming and Eastern Bracken Counties.
PLEASE SUBMIT EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS VIA OUR EMPLOYMENT BUTTON ON OUR WEBPAGE. http://www.tollesborochristian.org
Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Address24956 Lunda Rd.
Raymond, Ohio 43067
Weekly Attendance: 150 Pre-Covid
Contact InformationDavid Stitcher Phone: (937) 303-3798 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Millcreek Church of Christ, near Raymond (30 miles NW of Columbus), Ohio, is seeking to replace our Senior Minister who is retiring. Millcreek was established in 1838, is a country church in a rural community and currently draws members from several school districts. Although rural, the local economy is strong due to proximity to a large manufacturer (Honda) and use as a bedroom community for Columbus. We have a Youth Minister and our Elders and Board provide active leadership. Our pre-Covid attendance was 150 and our modified services have averaged 85 since May with many viewing our virtual services. One of the immediate tasks of the incumbent will be to help plan and execute a return to the family friendly and sociable congregation we have always been.
The Senior Minister will be responsible for spiritual leadership, guidance, and growth of the congregation; represent Millcreek to the community and support the daily activities of the church. He will encourage the congregation to commit to greater service to the Lord by example, teaching, leadership and Bible based sermons. Candidates should be seeking a long term relationship with this Church family, pass a background check, have a ministry related bachelor’s degree from one of the restoration Colleges/Universities and 5+ years experience as a minister in a Christian Church/Church of Christ. Candidates must also have beliefs that align with Millcreek’s basic beliefs that include:
God is Creator of all
Jesus Christ is His Son
The Holy Spirit was given as a sign of God’s abiding presence
The Bible is God’s written word
Salvation comes through realizing the need for God’s forgiveness, accepting by faith and confessing that Jesus is the Son of God, repenting of sin and being baptized by immersion.
Compensation will consist of salary, housing allowance and health insurance.
Posted: Jan 21, 2021
Address948 119th Street
Whiting, Indiana 46394
Weekly Attendance: Depends on the location
Contact InformationEliezer DeLeon Phone: (773) 597-7859 Email: email@example.com
Dominican Republic Position Description: Relevant International Missions is currently seeking individuals to serve in the Dominican Republic with DeLeon Ministries, with five church loacations. We have a number of opportunities including Church ministry internships, evangelisim outreach, prison ministry, children’s ministry and education.
In the United State we have serving oportunities in Donor Relations, Fund Raising, and Short Term Mission Trip Recruiting.
Address302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationRodney Booe Phone: (270) 465-5571 Fax: (270) 465-5577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role and Responsibilities: At the basic level, the Preaching Minister will present gospel-centered messages each week based on his own personal study of the Bible, clearly communicate the mission and vision of the church, cooperate with other staff members in planning worship services and themes. He will be responsible for Pastoral care of the church alongside the other staff and Eldership. He will also teach and lead other studies, classes, or training as led by the Executive Minister and Elders.
Character: The ideal candidate is an immersed believer and ordained minister of New Testament Christianity, demonstrates a genuine love for people as the highest priority of ministry through communication, cooperation, and personal relationships, exhibits a work ethic of initiative, positive attitude, and humility.
Experience: The ideal candidate holds a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Bible, Ministry, or Christian Leadership and has served in full-time ministry. Preference will be given to those having preaching experience.
A full job description is available upon request.
Campbellsville is in Taylor County, with a population of ~24,000) and is located in the heart of Kentucky. Campbellsville Christian Church is an established Independent Christian Church. Campbellsville Christian has an average attendance of 325 each week, with a membership of over 400. The church staff is comprised of a full-time Executive, Preaching, Student, and Children’s Ministries with a part time Worship Minister. The Executive Minister handles the day-to-day administration and staff oversight, allowing the Preaching Minister to focus on sermon preparation and pastoral care.
Resumes should be emailed by 2/28/21 to email@example.com or mailed to 302 Lebanon Avenue, Campbellsville, KY 42718, please send links for audio or videos from recent sermons.
Posted: Jan 20, 2021
Address1760 Edgewater Dr.
Grundy, Virginia 24614
Contact InformationBarbara Carol Swiney Phone: (276) 935-2954 Fax: (276) 935-4224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MOUNTAIN MISSION SCHOOL
IN GRUNDY, VA
Mountain Mission School serves as home, school, and church for more than 200 children (many of them with us year ‘round). We serve children residentially from nursery to high school graduates! Our school is ACSI accredited for grades K-12. We are looking for people with a missionary heart and mindset to pour themselves into a secluded mission field tucked away within the rugged mountains of southwest Virginia . . . but with an international reach. Over the years, students from more than 70 countries have sought safety, security, and refuge at MMS.
- Exemplify the desired characteristics of a Christian employee as outlined in the MMS Employee Handbook
- Teach during the school day. We are looking for quality teachers at all levels – elementary, middle, and high school. In particular, we look to have teacher needs in middle and high school science, high school English, middle school social studies, foreign languages, and art.
- Substitute and/or teach other courses as needed
- Serve as a house parent
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by President and/or Leadership Team
- Must be a follower of Christ
- Bachelor’s degree with a desire to teach in a related field
- Experience working with students
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education or content area
- ACSI Certification and/or State Teaching License
- Teaching Experience
- First Aid & CPR Certification
Address975 Industrial Dr
Madison, Indiana 47250
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationTim Chandler Phone: (812) 844-1922 Email: email@example.com
We are church plant in Madison, Indiana. We are looking for someone who is passionate about leading worship and helping to be a part of our church growth vision. We would love someone who will push the envelope and lead in an authentic way. We work with planning center and multi-tracks and are open to new styles and approaches. Hit us up with any questions you might have.
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Address194 Robins Rest Rd
Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationRandall Kendall Phone: 1 (304) 325-8520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maple View Church of Christ in Bluefield, West Virginia is seeking a full-time senior minister. The well-established 50 year old congregation of nearly 300 has good growth potential because of location. The church is worshipping in a worship center that seats over 600.
Maple View is seeking a man with the following qualifications: Preferred Age Range: 30-50/ Education: Ministry Degree from Church of Christ/Christian Related College/ Experience: 5-10 years successful experience faithful to the authority and sufficiency of God’s Word and committed to Restoration Movement Ideals/ Skills: Strong preaching/teaching skills. Strong administration/leadership skills. Able to delegate. Heart of a servant as well as a shepherd. Worship planner able to coordinate/work with other staff.
Send resume, recent photograph, audio or video of sermon, and at least four references to: Search Committee c/o Randall Kendall, Chairman of Board, 194 Robins Rest Rd., Bluefield, WV 24701 or by email to email@example.com
You may contact Maple View by phone at 304-325-8520.