The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 19, 2017
Address4339 Woodlawn Pike
Knoxville, Tennessee 37920
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationDwayne Curry Phone: (865) 573-6721 Fax: (865) 579-6381 Email: email@example.com
Woodlawn Christian Church, Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a full-time Youth Minister. The ministry objective is helping teenagers transform into vibrant mature followers of Jesus Christ. The Youth Minister is responsible for developing and coordinating a ministry for middle school (6th-8th grade) and high school (9th-12th grade) students that includes outreach, discipleship, planning of regular programs and activities, and pastoral care for youth and their families. Woodlawn has an average worship attendance around 350, with 50 middle and high school age youth.
The salary is competitive and there is an allowance for health care and housing. Experience and education in the field is important. If interested, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address307 E. Hardin St.
Findlay, Ohio 45840
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationLinda Wilkinson Phone: (419) 422-3306 Fax: (419) 422-3559 Email: email@example.com
Purpose: To lead an intentional ministry of The Central Church of Christ through vision focused leadership, creative Biblical teaching, and strategic planning to fulfill the church’s mission, “Discipling Believers to Reach Souls for Christ.”
Leadership & Administration:
- Provide spiritual leadership to the church, Elders, Ministers, and Staff.
- Serve as the executive leader providing oversight of all ministers and office staff and create a healthy team ministry environment.
- Develop the vision and direction for the congregation’s ministry outreach to the community.
- Provide leadership training to develop and equip new and existing leaders.
- Empower lay leadership in planning, executing, and evaluating church events and programs.
- As an ex officio elder, he shall work alongside the Elders in planning the overall direction and goals for the congregation, and is responsible for conducting annual reviews of all ministers and staff.
- Serve as the liaison between the Elders and the Ministers and Office Staff, and ensure that decisions made by the Eldership are fully implemented and carried out.
- Communicates with and advises Elders regarding staff needs, responsibilities, congregational policies, and programs.
- Plan and implement an annual Stewardship Campaign teaching Biblical principles of Stewardship.
- Lead weekly staff meetings and coordinate schedules, events, and programs through regular communication with office staff.
Preaching & Teaching:
- Serve as the primary preacher at regular church services, and be responsible for the development and managing of the preaching schedule, including guest speakers.
- Work in close connection with the Worship Ministry Team to create a celebrative worship atmosphere on Sunday mornings, along with stage ideas for sermon series coordination.
- Engage in weekly sermon study to prepare and deliver messages to meet the needs of the church and to facilitate goal fulfillment.
- Facilitate small groups, Bible Studies, and other training opportunities and events.
- Plan and teach a New Member Class as needed.
Evangelism & Outreach:
- Foster an attitude of evangelistic outreach throughout the ministries of the church and facilitate evangelistic training.
- Develop creative ways to engage the church in reaching out to and loving the community around the church.
Pastoral & Community:
- Facilitate the meeting of Spiritual needs of the congregation through pastoral care, visitation, and discipleship.
- Provide basic crisis, marriage, pre-marital, and general counseling as needed.
- Perform weddings, funerals, and ordinations. This can be delegated to associate ministers as available and per family request.
- Cooperate with local ministers to facilitate mutual understanding and fellowship among churches.
- With approval by the Elders, be available on a limited basis as a resource for activities within or outside of the community.
Desired Qualities & Qualifications:
- Called by God into the Ministry.
- A member of the Christian Church or Church of Christ congregation.
- Earned a minimum of a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent from an approved Bible College or Christian University of the Restoration Movement.
- Committed to both the inspired, authoritative Word of God, and to the concept of New Testament Christianity and the plea of the Restoration Movement.
- Passion to preach and teach God’s Word.
- Passion for people and reaching the Lost for Christ.
- Proven track record of leadership, organization, team leadership, administration and the ability to work well with others.
- Creative and proficient in both oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates humility and a servant attitude.
Ministry Organizational Relationships:
- Accountable to the Elders of The Central Church of Christ. The Elders will conduct an annual performance review prior to the Annual Budget meeting in the Fall.
- Supervises and evaluates the Ministerial and Office Staff.
- Provides written monthly reports to the Elders on ministry accomplishments and activities.
- Advises and supports all ministry teams with their needs, organization, equipment, and announcements.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a salary position determined by the Elders. As such, the Elders specify the salary, vacation time, insurance, housing allowance, holidays, professional development, and conference allowance.
Address1000 Broadmoor Street
Munster, Indiana 46321
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationW. Jeffrey Hayden Phone: (219) 863-2110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Side Christian Church
1000 Broadmoor Street
Munster, Indiana 46321
W. J. Hayden Phone: (219)836-2110; Email: email@example.com
Summary of Position
The Associate Minister of Family, Children, and Youth is a fulltime position. He will be responsible for overseeing and resourcing the Children’s and Youth ministries of the church, as well as encouraging, empowering, and equipping families to meet the spiritual needs of their children.
- Fully understand and support the doctrine of our church
- Be able to research, plan, organize, and execute a comprehensive program for the children and youth of the church
- Be able to effectively administer and adjust these programs to best meet the needs for spiritual growth of the children and youth in the church
- Be able to facilitate a program to train and maintain the children’s and youth ministry volunteer workers
- Participate in local children’s and youth community worship, camp, and service activities
- Display excellent communication skills
- Be able to effectively work with the Senior Minister and the Board of Elders
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of ministry
- Be able to pass a full background, reference, and past employment checks
- Be a baptized (immersion) believer who will, along with other baptized members of his family, become members of South Side Christian Church
Please send your résumé with all education and certification, work experience, and your contact information; sample (one or two) of sermons you have preached (mp3, GIF, or 3GP); copies of and program materials you have developed; and any children’s lessons (indicate grade level) you have developed and taught. Please also indicate the date you would be available to assume this position. Include at least four non-relative references, along with their contact information.
Send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Attention: W. J. Hayden
South Side Christian Church
1000 Broadmoor Street
Munster, IN 46321
Posted: Jan 18, 2017
Address8137 Liberty Circle
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationRhett Edwards Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionJob Description:
Senior Minister, Liberty Christian Church, Mechanicsville VAContact Person: Rhett EdwardsWe are seeking a Senior Minister to lead Liberty Christian Church. Liberty was founded in April 1961, and its membership is comprised of individuals and families of all ages, including many children and young families. Sunday morning services would be described as contemporary, with weekly attendance averaging approximately 100 people.
Liberty is strategically located on Route 360 in the heart of Mechanicsville, VA, a middle-class suburb of Richmond, VA. Mechanicsville is a growing town of 40,000, sitting 10 miles from downtown Richmond and 12 miles from the Richmond International Airport.
At Liberty, our mission is to WIN people to Christ, to EQUIP believers to make disciples and to SERVE others, all for the Glory of God. We are seeking a versatile, motivated and organized leader as Senior Minister to lead Liberty Christian Church’s various ministry efforts.
The Senior Minister is primarily responsible for preaching and teaching God’s word through our Sunday morning service and in our Bible School and Wednesday night programs. We are also looking for the Senior Minister to take charge of our evangelism and relationship development efforts, strengthening relations with those inside and outside the congregation. He will be responsible for the administrative efforts of the church, leading a staff that includes a Youth Director, Worship Leader and Secretary.
Liberty is currently overseen by a Leadership Team comprised of the Deacons. The desire is to re-establish a team of elders. In the near-term, the Senior Minister will work closely with and report directly to the Leadership Team to help define a long-range vision and strategy to grow Liberty’s ministries.
Preaching / Teaching:
Prepare and deliver Sunday morning sermons that encourage spiritual growth in church members.
Provide necessary organizational structure and oversee teaching for Sunday morning Bible School and Wednesday night Bible studies (and teach classes, as needed)
Evangelism and Relationship Development:
Develop strong personal relationships with members of the congregation and visitors, through regular calling, sick/well visits
Define and coordinate a plan for personal evangelism and community outreach.
Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to congregation members (i.e. marriage, etc.)
Oversee church administrative functions and efforts of other staff, including but not limited to Youth Director, Worship Leader, and Secretary. This includes planning and coordinating activities and promoting to the congregation and in the community.
Collaborate with Elders and Deacons to define long-range vision and strategy for Liberty Christian Church.
Attend and participate in regular Leadership Team meetings.
Emphasize the connection between Liberty Christian Church (LCC) and Liberty Christian School (LCS) through developing relationships with the staff and teachers of LCS, along with as many of the parents and caregivers of LCS students as possible.
Other relevant information:
The Senior Minister is expected to work at least forty hours each week, with two days off each week
Office hours will be flexible and need-driven; we desire that the Senior Minister be available in the office from 9-11am on most days
3 weeks of paid vacation each year
1 week of paid leave for training/development
Six paid holidays will be given including: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. If these holidays fall on a Sunday or the other non-working day of the week, an alternative day off may be taken. When an alternative day is taken it must be coordinated with the elders/leadership team.
Additional time will be provided for involvement with outside revivals, conferences, and training as necessary and as approved by the elders/leadership team as outlined in the employment contract.
Be a committed disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ. As such, this person must understand and must have followed the plan of salvation as laid out in Acts chapter 2 and elsewhere in the New Testament.
Exemplify an active and devoted faith by doing what the first Christians did as stated in Acts 2:42
Possess adequate education or equivalent training to lead in the areas of preaching/teaching, leadership development, ministry program design and supervise personnel related to their ministry.
At least a Bachelor’s degree
At least 2 years in preaching or teaching role as Senior Minister or Elder in Church of Christ is preferred
Address850 Cranberry Woods Dr.
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
Weekly Attendance: 550
Contact InformationToney Salva Phone: (724) 779-1010 Fax: (724) 779-1042 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionDiscovery Church is a church plant. We are located in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, PA and average about 550 people every week. We are still portable, but meet in an excellent facility (google Discovery Christian Church Pittsburgh). We own 18 acres of property and are hopeful to be in a new facility within the next two years. We currently have 6 full time staff members and 3 part time staff members. We believe in team at Discovery and that we are better together than we ever would be solo. Our current Student Pastor is stepping down due to his wife’s heath issues and is leaving behind a healthy student ministry with great volunteers. We would love to bring someone on by late Spring.Download Job Description: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92lg48sqeys82r8/AAB8C4HmERBEcdxRzYKKbLTra?dl=0For further information about Discovery please check us out online or via social media:Website: www.discovertogether.comFacebook: facebook.com/discoverychristianchurchTwitter: @discoveryccInstagram: @discoverypgh
AddressP.O. Box 21089
South Euclid, Ohio 44092
Weekly Attendance: 400-450
Contact InformationScott Pugh Phone: (216) 297-9399 Email: email@example.com
Job Title: Worship Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Velocity is a growing, seven year old, church plant that cares about our city and people far from God. We recently stared a second location, which has been up and running since September of this year. We’re looking for a musical person, ready to work hard to take our worship teams to the next level. We do show a video each Sunday, so knowledge of Final Cut is a plus. The accepted applicant should also be ready to lead other teams connected to our Sunday morning experience.
The Worship Pastor will have some formal training for ministry, and some experience in a variety of ministries in a local church setting. He/she will possess, or be developing the following:
- A team player that is will do whatever it takes to help make the church successful.
- A person of moral purity as he/she will be “free from sexual immorality” of any kind.
- A person of integrity that demonstrates the character qualities represented by the list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23 and a willingness to grow in those characteristics.
- A person who has a daily prayer and personal devotion time.
- A willingness to embrace and understand the nature and operation of Velocity Church.
- A person whose goal is not to be “cool” but has a heart to serve and help people reconnect with God.
- The candidate will conduct himself/herself in such a way that his/her behavior, speech and attitudes represent a high standard of spirituality.
- He/she will demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty to members of the church’s leadership team, striving to be cooperative in the carrying out of his/her ministry tasks.
- The Worship Pastor will keep the Lead Pastor apprised of his/her where-bouts at all times, during those times he/she is considered to be “on duty”.
- He/she will keep regular work hours, which will include time for prayer and study. This schedule will be approved by the Lead Pastor, and determined according to the availability of hours in relation to other work responsibilities.
- Keep careful records for all activities related to his/her ministry assignments.
- Maintain faithful attendance and good work attitude at regularly scheduled worship services.
- Provide and oversee areas of Worship ministry at both Velocity Church locations.
- Lead the Sunday morning worship team.
- Recruit other musicians for both campuses.
- Oversee and develop teams related to Sunday morning.
- Work with our lead pastor to develop creative elements for our Sunday morning worship services.
- Meet with the team prior to service to run through set list and prayer.
- Shoot and edit videos (or learn to) for our Sunday morning services.
- Oversee our church website, including uploading podcasts and maintain social media posts.
- Serve as a pastor to people in our church.
- Learn cutting edge creative ministry for our culture.
- Do the impossible – plan BIG and dream BIGGER.
Ainsworth, Nebraska 69210
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationMick Thornton Phone: (402) 760-2047 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ainsworth Evangelical Free Church in Ainsworth, NE is hiring our first Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries!!
This full-time Pastor will join our staff of Senior Pastor Mick Thornton and Associate Pastor of Community and Outreach Scotty Clark.
The Ainsworth Evangelical Free Church is a cool and growing church in a small community in very rural north-central Nebraska. We are passionate about the gospel, and we are very excited about welcoming a Pastor to lead us in the area of Youth and Family Ministries.
For more info about our church and this position, please visit our website at www.ainsworthfree.org . There you will find a job description, a video from Mick and Scotty, and contact info to apply for the position or ask any questions.
May God bless you as you seek out the ministry that He has in store for you!
AddressPO Box 891 - 260 Galer
Nowata, Oklahoma 74048
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationTerry Harmon Phone: (918) 273-0107 Email: email@example.com
Cornerstone Community Church is seeking a full time Youth Minister. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and organized individual to work with our leadership team and our Preaching Minister to lead our youth and to be a mentor to the young both within our church and our community. This position requires a strong relationship with the youth of today, an understanding of the stresses and trials they face in their daily lives, and an ability to connect with them on a personal level as well as the ability and personal desire to lead them in their walk with Christ, helping them to know and understand His love and His purpose for their lives. We also looking for our Youth Minister to assist our young members by equipping them with the knowledge and strength so that they may witness to their peers and be an example within the community. A strong presence and a willingness to participate in community activities is a must. They will be responsible for overseeing and working with our Nursery Coordinator, Children’s Ministry leader and leading our Teen Ministry.
Musical experience is a plus, but not required.
Cornerstone Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Nowata, OK. Nowata is a community of about 3500 located in NE Oklahoma. We believe that we have been called to love God and to love people by training our church family to be and to make disciples from among our family, friends and acquaintances in Nowata and throughout the world. To accomplish this we will focus our worship, teaching, fellowship, and outreach towards motivating, training, and placing people in ministries where they will use their gifts to best benefit the Kingdom of God. We average 80 – 100 weekly in attendance.
Bachelors degree in youth ministry from a recognized Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement of the Christian Churches, as well as a willingness to serve under the oversight of the Senior Pastor and Elders. After prayerful consideration, if you feel God calling you to serve in this vibrant ministry, please apply for the position by submitting a resume and cover letter to the contact information listed below. Along with your resume, please include at least three professional references indicating involvement and service among a congregation of believers. In addition, feel free to send a brief doctrinal statement of beliefs and a philosophy of ministry. Interested individuals should send their resume and cover letter to contact email listed below. Salary dependent upon experience.
Terry Harmon – 918-273-0107
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: visitcornerstonecc.org
Address3925 Grissom Parkway
Cocoa, Florida 32926
Weekly Attendance: 90
Contact InformationBill Thompson Email: BillTh1983@outlook.com
We are looking for a male part-time youth minister. He would be responsible for working with existing youth sponsors to grow our current youth group both spiritually and numerically.
Our preferred candidate will have a maturing faith in Christ, strong integrity, a background within the Independent Christian Churches, an educational background in student ministry or Christian ministry, and the spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, and evangelism. Additionally, he should be friendly, good at building relationships, a good fit with our leaders, conscientious, energetic, and teachable. Finally, he must live close enough to the church to commute for a weekend ministry.
Address3925 Grissom Parkway
Cocoa, Florida 32926
Weekly Attendance: 90
Contact InformationBill Thompson Email: BillTh1983@outlook.com
We are looking for a female part-time children’s minister. She would be responsible for working with existing teachers to grow our current children’s ministry both spiritually and numerically.
Our preferred candidate will have a maturing faith in Christ, strong integrity, a background within the Independent Christian Churches, an educational background in children’s ministry or childhood education, possibly a family of her own, and the spiritual gifts of leadership or administration, teaching, and evangelism. Additionally, she should be friendly, good at building relationships, a good fit with our leaders, conscientious, energetic, and teachable. Finally, she must live close enough to the church to commute for a weekend ministry.
Address12896 Back Creek Valley Road Hedgesville, WV 25427
Hedgesville, West Virginia 25427
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationKeith Vogan Phone: (304) 754-3898 Email: email@example.com
Tomahawk Christian Church located in Hedgesville, West Virginia, with an average morning worship attendance of 70 – 100 is seeking a full-time K-12 youth minister who holds to the principles of the Restoration Movement. We are located in one of the 50 fastest growing counties in the country which presents great potential for growth and discipleship for the growing of the kingdom.
We are looking for someone who has a desire and willingness to devote their time and energy to growth of the youth ministry. Duties include a hands-on as well as coordinating the teaching and activities for children’s worship, teenage Sunday school and youth group activities.
A Bachelor of Arts in ministry is desired. Compensation consists of salary, vacation time, convention time and allowance, and continuing education expense assistance. These items are negotiable based on education, experience, and personal needs.
Interested individuals can send a cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please title email: TCC youth minister position.
Posted: Jan 17, 2017
Address3162 Mt. Hope Road
Otway, Ohio 45657
Weekly Attendance: 500 campers per summer
Contact InformationBrett Wilson Phone: (740) 372-6422 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for college-aged camp counselors to serve in our summer camp ministry. Our six weeks of summer camp are as follows:
TORCH (Ages 15-18) – June 18 – 24
BLAZE (Ages 13-14) – June 25 – July 1
FIRE (Ages 11-12) – July 2 – 8
SPARK (Ages 6-7) – July 10 – 13
IGNITE (Ages 8-9) – July 16-22
FLAME (Ages 10-11) – July 23 – 29
Any staff committing to four four weeks of service maybe eligible to serve as a summer staff member with InFaith and raise their own personal support up to $500/wk. For more information, you can visit https://infaith.org/summerstaff or contact our camp office.
Address701 N. Four Mile Run Rd.
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
Weekly Attendance: 701 N. Four Mile Run Rd.
Contact InformationMichael Smith Phone: (330) 799-7831 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Four Mile Run Christian Church is looking forward to filling the position of full-time worship minister who will be a much needed addition to our already strong and healthy staff and leadership. We are looking for someone in whom God has given not only the ability lead worship, develop people, but someone who is excited to be a part of what God is doing in our body and in our community.
Address4237 Social Row Rd.
Waynesville, Ohio 45068
Weekly Attendance: 4237 Social Row Rd.
Contact InformationSamantha Rogers Phone: (937) 885-7402 Email: email@example.com
The purpose of this position is to use music and other art forms to provide spaces for people to encounter God and His story on a deeper level, alongside others.
This person will play an important role in creating cross engagement between adults, students, and children in our teaching themes, worship environments, and understanding of worship.
The key responsibilities of this role are to serve as the chief musician and artist, the Weekend Experience Creative Team Leader, and the Worship Service Coordinator.
This person must have a high fluency in vocals, multiple instruments and production, be able to oversee multiple thriving teams simultaneously, and have a passion and ability to develop fellow team members and leaders.
Address32540 State HWY 8
Cherokee, Oklahoma 73728
Weekly Attendance: 135
Contact InformationMax Boothby Phone: (580) 431-2395 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a motivated individual to work with our Senior Minister and our leadership to lead our youth to fall in love with God. This position requires a strong relationship with the youth of today, an understanding of the stresses and trials they face in their daily lives. The successful candidate will have an ability to connect with young people on a personal level as well as the ability and personal desire to lead them in their walk with Christ, helping them to know and understand His love and His purpose for their lives. A solid presence and a willingness to participate in community activities is a must. Our Youth Minister will need to fit in our community. The Youth Minister has the responsibility to develop, coordinate, direct and participate in the Youth program of Driftwood Christian Church. This is accomplished by creating a culture of service and discipleship, through working directly with the Senior Pastor and Elders of the Church. A competitive salary and parsonage are available
Some essential duties will include, but not limited to:
• Oversee, participate in and promote all areas of youth programming and involvement within the Church
• Lead, recruit, train the youth leaders in all areas of youth ministry
• Coordinate, support, participate in and promote involvement in service oriented projects and traveling activities (including Mission trips, student retreats and travel/local events)
• Actively create and develop new enrichment programs for all youth areas
• Counsel, mentor and provide guidance and support to the youth within the Church body
Resumes may be mailed to: Driftwood Christian Church ATTN: Youth Minister Search Team 32516 State Highway 8, Cherokee, OK 73728. Or emailed to: email@example.com