The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Mar 22, 2019
Address114 E. US Hwy 6
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
Weekly Attendance: 475
Contact InformationScott Morris Phone: (219) 405-4087 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CrossPointe Christian church is seeking an experienced full-time person to lead and grow our middle school, high school, and college age ministries. The position will include:
- developing programs of spiritual formation among youth and young adults;
- creating opportunities for youth worship and education,
- scheduling youth activities within the church at regional and national camps and conferences;
- recruiting and training youth workers;
- encouraging youth to reach out for Christ in the community by setting an example of service;
- providing tools and encouragement to continue in faith beyond the high school and college experience and become strong adult Christians;
- helping students to make life decisions regarding vocational choices and prepare youth for the college campus life (both Christian and secular) or vocational training;
- providing pastoral care to youth and their families;
- and, other servant leadership responsibilities as the program develops.
Qualified candidates will have at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry or related area and several years of experience (5+ preferred) working in full-time church ministry and should have experience with recruiting and training youth leaders.
CrossPointe is a growing church with an average Sunday attendance of 475 people in three Sunday services. Since moving onto the new worship facility on 17 acres five years ago, the church has already added a Children’s Wing and is currently in plans to begin the next phase of construction. The CPCC campus is located right off the exit ramp at the intersection of two heavily-traveled highways. The congregation serves a wide area of Northwest Indiana and is located strategically between the cities of Valparaiso, Chesterton, and Portage. The campus is located an hour east of Chicago and an hour west of South Bend via the Indiana Toll Road and just eight miles from the southern tip of Lake Michigan. Indiana Dunes National Park and Indiana Dunes State Park offer opportunities for hiking, camping, boating or enjoying freshwater beaches and stunning vistas. Both Chesterton and Valparaiso are ranked among the top ten towns in the state of Indiana, with restaurants, entertainment, and shopping available nearby.
CrossPointe Christian is a non-denominational Christian church associated with other Independent Christian Churches and Churches of Christ of the Restoration Movement. The candidate will need to have an understanding of, and commitment to, Restoration Movement ideals and be an immersed believer who is active and growing in a personal walk with Christ.
We are looking for someone to take this ministry to the next level! Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resume to email@example.com.
Address1000 Violet Road
Crittenden, Kentucky 41030
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationGary Mullikin Phone: (859) 512-2887 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address15338 Northwestern Pike
Augusta, West Virginia 26704
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationDave Bradfield Phone: (304) 496-7775 Fax: (304) 496-1557 Email: email@example.com
Hope Church is located in a rural area. We are within 90 minutes of DC and 30 miles west of Winchester Va. We have two Sunday morning worship services 9am and 10:30am. Our worship style is blended leaning more towards modern. (one hymn per week) We are continuing to move to totally modern worship.
- Must have a humble spirit able to work well with other staff and volunteers.
- Must be a dedicated follower of Jesus.
- Must be a living example, a good representative of Hope Church and the Kingdom.
- Must be willing to attend seminars and conferences to further your education in the ministry.
- Oversee and care for the worship team of Hope Church.
- Coordinate with the pastor the planning of worship services that will bring people to a heart of worshiping God and prepare their hearts for the spoken word.
- Build relationships in order to recruit, equip, and empower effective ministry teams.
- Develop members of the worship team and media team and help them to grow not only in their positions of giftedness but also spiritually.
- Provide oversight of the worship ministry.
- Train volunteers in the areas of worship ministry.
- Lead worship for Sunday morning services and other special services such at Christ Eve and Praise and Worship nights.
- Other duties may be assigned according to the the individuals gifts.
- Work load: 40-50 hrs per week
- Ability to lead worship with confidence.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn ProPresenter
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Mac
- Basic understand of audio mixing
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn stage lighting.
Posted: Mar 20, 2019
Address1532 E. WATER ST.
BORDEN, Indiana 47106
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationJOE FRANKLIN Phone: (812) 786-9932 Email: JOE.MINISTER@GMAIL.COM
The candidate will oversee all areas of youth development and ministry, but the primary emphasis will be Jr. High and above. He will have ample opportunities to preach as well as lead in other areas of the overall ministry of FCC. A more detailed job description will be provided upon request.
Address1300 George Washington Hwy
Yorktown, Virginia 23693
Weekly Attendance: 950
Contact InformationReed Smith Phone: (252) 267-3475 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description-Position Summary: We want to hire a Student and Young Adults Ministry Associate who works for the growth of the Kingdom through worship arts, communication technology, and relational evangelism.Candidates must:-Have a heart for youth and young adults.-Be willing to work under the authority and guidance of Northside’s eldership.-Have a Bachelors Degree in Christian Ministry (or in a major closely related)-Congregation: Northside Christian Church
-Location: Yorktown, VA ( https://goo.gl/maps/LQGgse2tAzn)-Average Weekly Attendance: 950-Average Student Attendance: 100-Average Young Adult Attendance: 35-Full Time-Payment: Based on qualifications and experience-Links:
www.northsidecc.org (Church website)https://vimeo.com/317856347 (Recent worship service)
Posted: Mar 18, 2019
Address201 E. Main St
Lebanon, Kentucky 40069
Weekly Attendance: 60-65
Contact InformationSpringfield Christian Church - Bill Devine Phone: (859) 336-7457 Email: email@example.com
Springfield Christian Church is located in central Kentucky. Springfield has a population of approx. 3,500 people. Springfield is located in Washington County; the county has a population of approx. 10,000 people.
We are currently looking for an associate youth minister to head up and grow our youth in the church. We are looking for someone to become very active in the community in an effort to interest the youth if the community to get involved in church activities.
Experience would be a plus however we currently have a senior minister to mentor someone with little or no experience. Our long-term goal (1 to 2 years) would be for the associate youth minister to become the senior minister.
We are a congregation of 60-65 people attending Sunday Mornings service.
The associate’s main responsibility will be to focus on the growth of our youth in the church. He would also assist the senior minister as needed in other activities within the church.
We offer a competitive salary along with a 3-bedroom parsonage.
Please send your resume to:
Springfield Christian Church
201 E Main St
Springfield, KY 40069
or email to Springfieldcc@gmail.com
Address514 Sunny Lane
Monmouth, Illinois 61462
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationJordan Schultz Phone: (309) 734-9419 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church of Monmouth, IL is an established, restoration movement church currently in the early stages of revitalization. Average Sunday attendance between two services runs ~250 people in total. Presently our first service consists of hymns while our second service utilizes a full band and contemporary music. Beginning April 21st, we will transition to identical services, utilizing a slightly blended approach at first, and then progressing to fully contemporary over the next 3-5 years.
Presently our children’s and student ministries are overseen by the full-time next-gen minister. With the addition of the associate minister of worship and youth, our current next-gen pastor will transition to the role of associate minister of children and family. In addition to this the FCC team also includes a part-time office administrator (full-time in September), full-time facilities manager, and full-time lead minister.
Helping people take next-steps closer to God together.
Lead the people of Warren County 10,000 steps closer to Christ by 2023.
7 Core Values:
- Biblical Truth: We will not stand on anything less than the life-giving, liberating truth of God.
- Evangelism: We strive to share the overwhelming love of God in Christ by speaking with embarrassing boldness and acting in outrageous love.
- Community Presence: We are a lighthouse placed in a broader community, guiding those around us toward his love, hope, and healing.
- Spiritual Growth: Our faith is a journey, not a destination. There is always a “next-step” to lead us onto greater and deeper adventure.
- Family Faith: We believe in partnering with parents to equip the next generation with faith that lasts.
- Shaping Tomorrow: We embrace the future, bravely letting go of the things we love in order to reach the people and serve the God we love even more.
- Connection: We will choose meaningful relationships over isolation, because life and faith are richest when we are together.
Position: Associate Minister of Worship and Youth
Starting Salary: $40,000
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Divide time between Worship and Student ministries effectively.
- Direct, oversee, and co-shepherd the worship community of First Christian Church.
- Collaborate with the lead minister in creating a focused and engaging Sunday morning experience.
- Build relationships in order to recruit, equip, and empower effective ministry teams.
- Lead the music portion of the Sunday worship experience.
- Provide oversight to the worship ministry maintenance and administration including annual worship budget
- Provide worship team members with all necessary music and information, allowing appropriate lead time.
- Prepare all digital elements of the Sunday morning experience (lyrics, video announcements, bumper videos, multi-tracks, etc.)
- Maintain FCC digital content including podcast and youtube.
- Develop an intentional strategy for discipling students grades 6-12.
- Recruit and develop a team of youth leaders.
- Lead weekly youth meeting and periodic events, including summer trips such as CIY.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the student ministry, including an annual youth budget.
- Participate in the overall life of FCC (small groups, special events, special services, etc.)
The perfect candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Ministry related degree from an accredited 4 year school.
- 3+ years ministry experience in a church or parachurch context.
- Experience in the various administrative aspects of planning and leading a worship band.
- Proven ability to develop worship team members.
- Familiarity with sound and projection equipment (boards, projectors, in-ear monitors, mics, etc.)
- Skills Proficiency in Mac systems.
- Confidence in stage presence when speaking and leading.
- Ability to lead worship with confident vocals, preferably while playing guitar or keyboard.
- Utilizes Planning Center to schedule worship and media teams.
- Proficiency with ProPresenter.
- Proficient with the use of multi-tracks and Prime (Ableton).
- Basic understanding of audio mixing.
- Compassionate patience with an older congregation transitioning to newer styles of worship music.
- Heart for teenagers and the next generation of Christianity.
- Proven ability to develop youth workers and leaders.
- Experience communicating the Gospel and God’s Word in an accessible way.
- Ability to organize student ministry outings, trips, and summer conferences.
- Ability to respond to written and electronic communication in a timely, professional manner.
- Sold-out commitment Jesus and the call to do whatever it takes to see people know his love.
- Humility and a sense of humor.
- Someone who is well organized but can be flexible in a team setting, while still being able to meet deadlines.
- Someone who is looking to not only function in a healthy team but build a healthy team of their own to support the church as a whole, not just their own ministry.
The above describes the perfect candidate. We believe that many of the above skills can be taught, but character and drive cannot. Please do not be discouraged from applying if you do not meet this ideal picture.
In your application packet please include a resume with at least 3 professional references, cover letter, unedited video demonstrating ability as a worship leader, and either audio or video demonstration of teaching such as a sermon, Sunday School class, or Small Group discussion.
For digital application packets:
For physical application packets:
ATTN: Jordan Schultz
First Christian Church
514 N. Sunny Lane
Monmouth, IL 61462
Posted: Mar 15, 2019
Address7920 South 7 Highway
Blue Springs, Missouri 64014
Weekly Attendance: 1100
Contact InformationDavid Judd Phone: (816) 229-7311 x239 Email: email@example.com
Blue Springs Christian Church (BSCC) is a nondenominational, Bible-believing church located on the east side of Kansas City, Missouri. The church currently welcomes an average of 1,100 adults and children to its Sunday worship services. BSCC is filled with followers of Jesus who love God and love each other. And we have a heart for serving and sharing God’s love and compassion with our community and world. Our mission is very simple: We are here to guide children, students and adults into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus—together.
BSCC is searching for a Children’s Minister to provide strategic oversight for the spiritual growth and development of children from infancy through 5th Grade. This individual should be passionate about reaching the lost for Christ and introducing and guiding children into a growing relationship with Him. This position requires a leader who can work equally well with volunteers, children and parents.
Address1305 Audubon Ave
Lexington, Kentucky 40503
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationJoseph West Esenbock, Jr. Phone: (859) 327-2170 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Minister’s duties include preaching, teaching, calling, and overseeing the ministry and office staff. He will work closely with our board of Elders (6) and Deacons (6)
Address1299 Little Prater Road
Grundy, Virginia 24614
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationMark Keene Phone: (276) 385-0910 Email: email@example.com
The Little Prater Church of Christ in Grundy, Virginia is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Minister. Responsibilities will include preaching for a Sunday morning and Sunday evening service as well as teaching two Wednesday bible study sessions, home and hospital visitations, planning events within the church and working with the leadership to serve the community and spread the Gospel message. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call (276) 385-0910.
Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Address296 Co Rd 1300 N
Albion, Illinois 62806
Weekly Attendance: 170
Contact InformationWest Village Christian Church Phone: (618) 445-2692 Email: email@example.com
West Village Christian Church
296 Co Rd 1300 N
Albion, IL 62806
Average Sunday Attendance – 175
- Immersed believer who is actively following Jesus Christ
- Feel called to Christian ministry
- Love for Jesus, the church, youth, and families
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead a volunteer team
- Oversee ministry programming for K-12th grade
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead a team of volunteers.
- Direct involvement with: Jr. High and/or Sr. High Sunday school classes, and Jr. High and/or Sr. High Sunday night youth groups.
- Oversee all youth ministry events.
- Serve at least 1 week at Oil Belt Christian Service Camp in the summer
- Be active and involved in the ministry and mission of West Village Christian Church.
- Oversee and be a resource for Sunday School teachers for K-12th
- In conjunction with the Preaching Minister, provide pastoral care for youth and their families within the church including hospital visits, calling, and follow-up with visitors.
- Report to the Preaching Minister
AddressPO Box 459
Woodburn, Indiana 46797
Weekly Attendance: 35
Contact InformationJoe Heins Phone: (260) 443-4480 Fax: (260) 632-1600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The general responsibility of a house parenting team are all the tasks relating to the spiritual, physical and emotional care of a child. The house parenting team should strive to model a biblical family system while maintaining a firm, fair, kind, warm, understanding, and goal directed family. As stated in Joshua 24:15, “As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” The house parents will also be expected to teach Bible studies, participate in treatment teams, perform conflict management, complete weekly/monthly reports, interact with visitors, participate in fundraising, administer first aid, interact with local schools, tutors, and counselors. The house parent’s roles also include but are not limited to transportation, shopping, light facilities maintenance, and helping children with homework. At WCCH house parents are parents to the child, but do not replace his or her biological parents or guardians. House parents live with the children 24/7 with paid time off and extensive respite care. House parenting is more of a calling from God than a job. One must have an innate concern for the wellbeing of the children like their own children. House parents have a strong sense of responsibility, good leadership skills, organized, good recordkeeping, and able to work in close proximity with others (spouse, other adults, and children).
Lawrence, Kansas 00000
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Email: email@example.com
Lawrence Free Methodist Church is located in Lawrence, KS about 30 miles west of Kansas City. LFMC is part of the Great Plains Conference of the Free Methodist Church in North America, and is also a member of the Willow Creek Association. The church is led by Senior Pastor Alex Alexander who has been on staff for a year. Each weekend, the church sees approximately 450 people during their 8:30a traditional service, and their 10:30a contemporary worship service.
Currently, the church is looking to hire a part time worship leader to lead their contemporary worship services and help shepherd and grow the worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the responsibilities and qualifications outlined for this position:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision and mission of LFMC.
- Take the lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities which align with the mission and vision at LFMC.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services.
- Prepare and lead all rehearsals and soundchecks.
- Lead the Sunday worship service.
- Oversee the worship team.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- If available, attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church. If not available, coordinate a time for a weekly meeting with the Lead Pastor.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services. Based on availability.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and staff of any pertinent situations that arise regarding the worship ministry.
- General pastoral responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a born-again Christian.
- Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Commitment to LFMC’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs.
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Experience in leading worship in a contemporary setting.
- GED or High School Diploma required, continued education preferred.
HOURS: It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15 hours per week.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Address101 W Walnut St
Waynetown, Indiana 47990
Weekly Attendance: 50-75
Contact InformationShelby Garrett Phone: (765) 234-2554 Email: email@example.com
Preaching, provide leadership, consistent office hours, weddings, funerals, hospital visits, baptism.