The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Feb 4, 2016
AddressCorner of Washington and Olive Streets
East Prairie, Missouri 63845
Weekly Attendance: 70-80
Contact InformationPat Helms Phone: (573) 683-1444 Email: email@example.com
Seeking a goal oriented individual who can build relationships with members and non-members and who is enthusiastic about growing our congregation. Musical ability is a plus. Salary range with benefits is mid $50k. Benefits include a newly renovated 3 bedroom, 2 bath parsonage; allowances for medical insurance, phone, business mileage, and conventions plus paid vacations and some holidays.
Address215 Daniel St.
Tarboro, North Carolina 27886
Weekly Attendance: 25-30
Contact InformationBob DeSpain Phone: (252) 916-2653 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us grow in our vision to share the peace and fulfillment that Jesus Christ can bring to ones’ life. Flexible terms of compensation, parsonage available,
position open March 1,2016. Please send resumes’ to: Tarboro Church of Christ 216 Daniel St. Tarboro, NC 27886 or email to: email@example.com
Posted: Feb 2, 2016
Address1912 Smallhouse Road
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42104
Weekly Attendance: 300+
Contact InformationRobin Cox Phone: (270) 842-6231 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This full-time ministry position exists to: 1) oversee the discipleship and care of children (nursery through fourth grade), 2) plan and carry out outreach strategies for families within our community, and 3) coordinate special events for the church and community. This position reports directly to the Senior Minister. This position is 75% administration (think principal not teacher); leading roughly 100 children’s ministry partners who care for approximately 150 children through various ministries. He/she will also be the “face” of this ministry to the children and parents. A full job description can be found on our website in the “About” section under the “Staff” link.
Address7615 ridge Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationErnie Graf Phone: (330) 336-4622 Fax: (330) 334-7729 Email: email@example.com
Have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Love people of all ages.
Facilitate effective, relevant, diverse worship service that engages congregation.
Establish a sense of spiritual community across the Worship Arts Ministry.
Participate in the planning and execution of special worship experiences.
Possess excellent communication skills within and outside the WA ministry.
Be a team player.
Address2714 Old Cedar Point Road
LaGrange, Kentucky 40031
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationAaron Striegel Phone: (502) 974-6469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Paid Part-Time Youth Minister at Buckner Christian Church, Buckner, KY
Flexible hours, to be negotiated with Pastor, Elders and Youth Committee
PURPOSE: The purpose is to minister to the youth of Buckner Christian Church in grades 7-12 and to administer, develop, and implement youth ministry programs designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth, leading them to spiritual commitments and disciplines.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- A Christian with a heart for youth. Must know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, Shall have an active spiritual life including: church attendance, prayer, Bible study, and tithing. Must have at least two years experience working with youth in a youth setting: church, social services, school etc… Have and maintain good moral character. Knowledgeable of technology equipment and how to use it. Must NOT date within the youth group!
- Conduct yourself in a Christ-like manner and demonstrate high Biblical standards as you teach youth with your own life
- Establish meaningful personal relationships with the young people in the congregation and community by investing in their lives, such as attending lunch at the area schools and attending their extracurricular activities (sporting events, concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies)
- Lead High School age Sunday school and Youth worship! Plan for and lead youth music and skits. The activities need to be relevant and effective in instructing, training, nurturing, and equipping youth for leading a Spirit-filled life of faith and forging deep Christian friendships
- Provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping meet the needs of others. Develop short and long term goals for youth ministry. Plan and conduct a youth outing six times per year
- Create and monitor expenditures through the Youth budget. Participate in youth fundraisers
- Recruit and develop adults within the congregation to serve as committed mentors
- Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input and feedback
* Ensure appropriate behavior, appearance, supervision, and security of activities, by inclusion of at least one other adult in that activity
Please send resume, three references to email@example.com
Posted: Feb 1, 2016
Address422 Mentor Ave
Painesville, Ohio 44077
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationSearch Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Church of Christ in Painesville, Ohio, an Elder led congregation of 180, seeks a Senior Minister with a Church of Christ and Restoration background. Strong family based ministry is important (we recently adopted the Orange philosophy).
Basic requirements for the candidate include; Masters from a Christian church / church of Christ college/university, at least 2-5 years as a senior minister and evangelistic heart. Desired abilities and skills are; Leadership, outgoing personality, administration, preaching, teaching, vision casting, outreach, member visitation, home bound and hospital visitation.
Send resumes to: Search Team, First Church of Christ, 422 Mentor Ave, Painesville, Ohio, 44077. Email to email@example.com
Address29207 Quarton Road
Palmyra, Illinois 62674
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationScott Bayles Phone: (217) 436-2554 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blooming Grove is a thriving country congregation overflowing with children and young families. Our average attendance is just over 100 including 20-30 kids and teenagers. While the church is located in rural setting, we draw from several surrounding communities. At Blooming Grove you’ll find friendly people, encouraging messages, God-honoring worship, uplifting music and great programs for everyone in the family.
We’re looking for a part-time youth minister to join our staff (which already includes a senior pastor, children’s minister, and worship minister). The Youth Minister’s primary duties will include leading youth group on Sunday night from 6-8 pm (12-20 students attend), teach Sunday School for junior high/high school students, and plan various fellowship/outreach events throughout the year. As a part time position, the salary will range from $10,000-$15,000 based on experience.
Address4486 State Route 588
Gallipolis, Ohio 45631
Weekly Attendance: 220
Contact InformationJoe Bowers Phone: 1 (740) 446-1863 Fax: 1 (740) 446-0131 Email: email@example.com
This individual will work directly with our middle and high school students and will work alongside a senior minister and a children’s minister to reach all ages within the church. The position is full time and involves Sunday and Wednesday church services, weekly work in the church office with a secretary and ministry staff, summer camps, retreats, and a yearly mission trip. Our church is located in a beautiful small town and is made up of wonderful people. GCC is praying for an individual with great ambition to set an example for believers to follow and for someone who is passionate about the Word of God. This is a position that involves flexibility, because reaching today’s youth with the Good News is an obvious challenge. However, our God is able to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine! Our student minister will have the privilege of working with a team of ministers, elders and deacons who are passionate about our church, but who are especially concerned about the next generation.
We are hoping to find a candidate with a desire to stay for at least 4 or more years in youth ministry at our church. Turnover can be devastating in a youth program, and we want to prevent that if possible.
Address1751 Sterling Dr
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
Contact InformationCody Rader Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Camp Manager, Blue Ridge Christian Camp, McCoy, Virginia
Position Summary: To serve as the year-round Camp Manager of Blue Ridge Christian Camp. The Camp Manager is responsible to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the camp. Responsibilities and Duties as outlined below.
Required and Preferred Qualifications (In Summary):
- Spiritually mature person with strong beliefs and practices. Must provide a statement of faith and document Christian background.
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience supervising others, and the ability to get along well with people; children, youth and adults. Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Must have a criminal background check and willing to submit to periodic record checks.
- Must posses a valid drivers’ license, and be capable of operating a range of equipment. Must obtain a Virginia Driver’s license, if not already registered, within the first 30 days of employment.
- Other current certifications and training seen as advantageous include: First Aid / CPR, Serve Safe for Food Service, Climbing Wall
- Live on-site in the Camp Manager’s Residence on year-round basis, to ensure the well-being and security of camp property buildings and holdings.
- Possess moderate computer skills (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and basic internet and social media skills. Book keeping experience would be an asset.
- Required Skills: Organizational; Promotional; Administrative; and Maintenance as detailed in full Job Description and Requirements.
- Prior experience as a camp manager or assistant an advantage.
To Apply for this Position: Submit a cover letter, statement of faith and beliefs, Christian background, resume and a list of at least four references (in a Word or PDF format) to email@example.com.
All documentation is to be received by March 1, 2016.
Address12896 Back Creek Valley Road
Hedgesville, West Virginia 25427
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationKeith R. Vogan Phone: (304) 263-6949 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomahawk Christian Church with an average morning worship attendance of approximately 100 is seeking a full-time minister. We are located in one of the 50 fastest growing counties in the country which presents great potential for church growth. The church is in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, approximately 100 miles West of Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC as well as 100 miles South of Harrisburg, PA. The church is within 30 minutes of Northern Virginia and Western Maryland via Interstate 81.
The position will become available in early April. Our current minister will be leaving after having been here for 10 years. Compensation consists of salary, parsonage, vacation time, convention time and allowance, and continuing education expense assistance. These items are negotiable based on education, experience, and personal needs.
In addition to the general ministerial duties of preaching, teaching, visitation, and church service camp participation there is an expectation for a willingness and desire to work to reach young adults and young families as well as a willingness and desire to work to grow the youth age group (middle school to high school).
Interested individuals can submit a resume and a list of 3 professional/personal references to:
Tomahawk Christian Church
Ministry Search Committee
12896 Back Creek Valley Road
Hedgesville, WV 25427
Address7280 S. Fairfax Rd.
Bloomington, Indiana 47401
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationKyle Crafton Phone: (812) 369-9852 Email: email@example.com
Worship Ministry Intern
Smithville Christian Church is located on the south side of Bloomington, IN near Lake Monroe. We are currently looking for an intern to serve primarily with our worship ministry. Interns would work closely with our ministers and will be given plenty of opportunities to lead and use their gifts. This is a paid internship. We are seeking a six-month intern, but are accepting applications for three-month interns as well. Housing will be provided with host families. Your responsibilities will not be limited to worship, as you will receive a well-rounded internship in all aspects of ministry as well. You will follow the office hours of the ministry staff and assist them with their daily responsibilities. Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief description of themselves to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address2806 West State Road 32
Covington, Indiana 47932
Weekly Attendance: 80-110
Contact InformationDale Fathauer Phone: (217) 304-0234 Email: email@example.com
West Liberty Church of Christ Preaching Ministry Opportunity
Position: Senior Minister Date: 1/19/2016
Congregation Size: 80-110 Location: Rural Indiana
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000 Based on Experience. Parsonage: No
Educational Requirements: College or Seminary Graduate. Experience: 3+ years
Church Address: 2806 W State Rd. 32 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Covington In 47932
Introduction: The Senior Minister is primarily responsible to the church for passionately preaching and teaching God’s Holy Word. Working in conjunction with the elders and other ministerial staff., the Senior Minister will educate, disciple, care for, and equip the body of believers at West Liberty Church of Christ. The Senior Minister will oversee the youth minister and his programs to ensure the youth of West Liberty Church of Christ are being nurtured through the use of God’s word and appropriate activities. The Senior Minister at WLCC will also oversee the daily activities of the administrative staff to ensure the weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, and day to day activities are complete and accurate. The Senior Minister is accountable to the elders of WLCC and is a member of the Pastoral Team.
Desired Spiritual/Personal Qualities: Serve as an example of what God desires every member of the congregation to be in character and conduct; evidence of spiritual maturity and intense love for Christ and fellow man; understanding of how people live, work, struggle, and be able to be empathetic and compassionate to their concerns; sets the example of how to be open and available for others, always being ready to be social and accepting of Christians and non-Christians alike; consistently demonstrates the gospel by admitting wrongs, assuming responsibility , and restoring relationships; maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
Leadership Qualities/Skills: Innate ability to lead the Pastoral team to discover , articulate, and implement God’s vision for WLCC’s future ministry; knowledge of and experience in creating and sustaining a healthy church culture; demonstrated ability to motivate ministries and people to fulfill God’s vision for WLCC; consistently model the values of a Christian spouse and parent, and be a spiritual leader to his spouse and children; experience training church leaders in how to develop , implement, and realize goals and objectives specific to the church’s vision and purpose.
Essential Responsibilities: Passionately teach and preach the Word with a focus on life application; provide spiritual oversite, theological direction, and leadership; consistently deliver quality preaching and teaching that inspires and challenges the congregation’s spiritual growth; use appropriate communication skills and technology to urge believers to obey and submit to our Lord; equip disciple makers through example, mentoring, and instruction; oversee the pastoral care of the congregation by visiting the sick, performing weddings, funerals and baptisms; offer appropriate pastoral counseling that is Bible based and addresses life issues; possess a comprehensive understanding of the Bible and Christian theology; communicate the original meaning and intent of scripture text and how it applies to today’s Christian-Based church; continue to grow and develop WLCC outreach programs.
Education and Experience: Must have a formal Bible college/seminary education, achieving at the minimum a Bachelor’s degree; demonstrate ongoing personal study habits and development of own leadership skills; should have a Restoration Movement background in theology and training.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the Senior Minister at WLCC. The Senior Minister will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to preform other duties that are required of the position. All earnest applicants may apply by submitting a resume to the above mailing and or e-mail address.
Posted: Jan 27, 2016
AddressP.O. Box 32
Harrison, Ohio 45030
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationDwight Gillespie Email: email@example.com
Sunset Avenue Christian Church in Harrison, Ohio is seeking a part-time minister (20-30 hours weekly) to assist with outreach, pastoral care, and share preaching/teaching duties for the AM service, Sunday evening Bible Studies, and discipleship studies. We have grown over the last two years and are seeking a person who is a good “fit” for the congregation to continue our growth. The qualities of the person we need are:
- Should be comfortable with a traditional (hymns and choruses) style of worship.
- Ability to prepare and preach/teach Biblically sound sermons or lessons.
- Prefer someone with an outgoing personality who is comfortable with and compassionate toward people of all ages.
- Must be willing to work with our current leadership and the objectives set for the church.
- Other character qualities include: sense of humor, Spiritual maturity and lifestyle, and ability to do the work of ministry.
- Possess a commitment to Jesus as the Head of the church and to the Great Commission.
We are primarily seeking someone with a flexible weekly schedule and who has some ministry experience. We invite either a seasoned minister or mature student who is committed to ministry to apply. We also prefer someone who lives in a reasonable proximity to Harrison, Ohio. Our goal is for this position to become full-time. Compensation will be discussed based on hours. For a position description and/or church profile, please send a request to the email listed.
Send resume with cover letter/letter of interest by mail or email to:
Sunset Ave. Christian Church
P.O. Box 32
Harrison, OH 45030
Address75 North High Street
Jeromesville, Ohio 44840
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationPhil Young Phone: (419) 651-4554 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care for our community with acts of kindness
- Create lasting relationships in our community
- Construct a community with love
- Seek, Save, Strengthen, Send, Support
- Sunday School 9:30 am
- Worship 10:30 am
In worship we have times of prayer, reflection, offering and singing a comfortable blend of older and newer worship songs. God’s Word is brought in an informal conversational manner and we share in communion each week.
- Kid’s Youth: 4 years through 6th grade (meets September – May: 6 – 7:30 pm)
- Catalyst Youth: 7th grade and beyond (all year 6 – 8:30 pm)
- Memorial Day Parade
Each Memorial Day, the church fill truck beds full of bottled water and ice. The water is given to people in the community, people in the parade and the high school band members at the memorial service.
- Christmas Concert
The Christmas Concert is a community event that raises money for Hillsdale CARES that is used to help families in our community during the Christmas season. The church provides the organizational and technical support for the concert.
- Ashland Care Center:
The Ashland Care Center is the Ashland area’s pregnancy center where women can seek pro-life advice about their pregnancy. The church not only supports them financially, but also the church help’s produce the main fundraising banquet for the center.
- Round Lake Christian Assembly:
Round Lake is the local church camp for the Christian Churches and Church’s of Christ. The church provides both financial support directly to the church camp and supports kids from the church by funding half of their camp tuition.
- Christian Children’s Home of Ohio:
CCHO mission statement is “Bringing healing to hurting children and families in His name”. The home provides a safe place for children to grow-up in a Christian environment.
- Hillsdale CARES:
Hillsdale CARES is a group of 13 churches in the community that work together to help families in our community. Hillsdale CARES helps with food, rent, utility bills, and other general needs. The church’s primary focus with Hillsdale CARES is the Bread Ministry. The Bread Ministry is housed and centrally organized in our church. The Bread Ministry helps over 70 families every week with extra groceries and bread. Hillsdale CARES organizes an annual food drive at the local schools, an annual coat give-away, Thanksgiving meals, and Christmas meals and gifts.
Minister’s Professional Responsibilities:
- Preaching and Teaching
Preach sermons at Sunday service(s). Provide support for teachers and/or teach weekly Sunday School Classes and Bible Studies in order to provide continuing education of God’s Word.
- Pastoral Care
Visit people monthly as needed, especially those who may be homebound, in the hospital, or the families of lost loved ones.
Provide support/participate in extra-curricular church and community events as much as possible.
Provide weekly media releases about the Sunday service(s) for the local newspaper. Attend the annual church meeting present a Minister’s report.
It is expected that the minister will exemplify Christian values and principles and work with the Elders and the church in promoting the spiritual welfare of the church.
Minister’s Compensation Package:
- Salary: Negotiable based on experience, education, and longevity.
- Travel: Travel will be reimbursed at the Federal Rate per mile following the IRS guidelines for hospitalization and visitation. For emergency situations the travel mileage begins from the current location, whereas all other travel mileage begins from the minister’s home in accordance with the IRS guidelines. A monthly mileage report will be turned in to the elders the last Sunday of each month for their review. Then, the mileage check will be given on the first Sunday of the following month.
- Cell Phone: A cell-phone to be available for emergencies and day-to-day minister duties.
- Paid Time Off: 2 weeks, no more than 2 Sundays. Paid time off must be used in a calendar year and there is no cash value for unused paid time off. There is no paid time off carry-over to the next year.
Posted: Jan 26, 2016
Address731 Independence Street
Ellettsville, Indiana 47429
Weekly Attendance: 280
Contact InformationChuck Souder Phone: (812) 876-6500 Email: email@example.com
Ellettsville Christian Church is seeking an energetic, engaging leader for our Children’s Ministry. ECC is a church of roughly 300 people in Ellettsville (which is just outside of Bloomington), IN, that seeks to help people take their next steps toward God.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to Chuck Souder at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about ECC, visit www.ellettsvillecc.com
Director of Children’s Ministries – Ellettsville Christian Church
The Director of Children’s Ministries is responsible for the direction and oversight of all children’s programs, birth through fifth grade, with a primary goal of helping kids take their next steps toward Jesus.
- Be an example to children and families by modeling a biblical lifestyle, having regular times of personal prayer and Bible study, and trying to imitate Christ. (I Corinthians 11:1)
- Serve as the ‘point-leader’ of the Children’s Ministry Team, i.e. the ‘face’ of the ministry
- Direct oversight for all Children’s and Preschool programs and activities
- Recruit, train and develop adult leaders who have a passion for helping children take their next steps toward God
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Children’s Ministry budget
- Serve as a liaison with Pastoral Staff and ministry leaders to ensure that the Children’s Ministry is integrated into the over-all vision and ministry of the church
- Be a team player, working in cooperation with other Pastoral Staff and ministry leaders within the church
- Growing relationship with Christ
- Energetic, engaging, outgoing personality
- Strong communication skills—both with kids and with parents/volunteers
- Degree from an accredited Christian College
- At least one year experience in Children’s Ministry
- The Director of Children’s Ministries reports directly to the Senior Minister and is ultimately under the spiritual supervision of the Elders.