The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Aug 17, 2018
AddressPO Box 179
Timpson, Texas 75975
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationTom Amos Phone: (936) 254-2869 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodland Christian Church in Timpson, Texas is prayerfully seeking a minister to preach the gospel in our community. We are seeking to disciple our members and to save the lost. Prefer a graduate of a restoration Bible College. For more information contact Tom Amos (elder) 936-254-2869 or email –email@example.com
Posted: Aug 15, 2018
Address300 Park Row
Snow Hill, Maryland 21863
Weekly Attendance: 32
Contact InformationDale Jacobs Phone: (302) 436-5974 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Snow Hill Christian Church is looking for someone to replace their part-time minister who will turn 80 in December 2018. A former Disciples of Christ congregation, the members voted unanimously 1n 2010 to leave the Disciples. It’s a very friendly, outgoing congregation that is open to growth. Dale Jacobs, their present minister, has been with them since January 2009. Attendance runs between 24-40. Services are held on Sunday mornings at 11 am in the winter and 10 am in the summer, with Sunday School at 10 am during the winter. Located in the county seat of Worcester County (near Ocean City and Salisbury, MD). The part-time position pays well. Overnight housing is available. Would make a good tentmaker ministry that could work into a fulltime position. We would also consider a seminary student that could provide a summer position until graduation. The ability to play a musical instrument or to lead singing is a plus.
To respond, please contact Dale Jacobs at 302-436-5974 or email@example.com.
AddressSoutheastern, Indiana Southwest, Ohio, and North Central Kentucky
Contact InformationAaron Snelling Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The W.C.E.F. is seeking a preaching minister to work with our Church plant. We are looking for a man with a Bachelor’s degree from a Restoration College with at least some preaching experience. Candidate must be willing to relocate and work well with others. Start Date is October 2018. Interested Candidates should send a Statement of beliefs and doctrine along with resume and references. Send to email@example.com
Posted: Aug 14, 2018
Address1403 Glenview Drive
Glasgow, Kentucky 42141
Weekly Attendance: 160+
Contact InformationDavid Mackie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenview Christian Church in Glasgow, KY is searching for a Full Time (40+ hours a week) Student and Worship Pastor. The primary responsibility for this position will be to oversee the Student ministry (grades 6-college) and Worship ministry of our church. We currently have a great team of volunteers in place for both ministries. We need a leader who will provide leadership, vision, direction, and training for these ministries. A full job description is available upon request. Our church currently averages 160+ in worship and is poised for growth. Our staff includes a Lead Pastor, Office Administrator, and Children’s Director. To find out more about our church visit www.glenviewchristian.org. Please email resumes and any supporting materials to our Lead Pastor, David Mackie (email@example.com). The position will be considered open until it is filled.
Posted: Aug 13, 2018
Address600 W New Hope Dr
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationTW Davis Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highpoint Fellowship Church
600 W. New Hope Dr
Cedar Park, TX 78613
POSITION: Full-Time Lead Pastor
CONGREGATION SIZE: 350
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT: Preferred qualifications include 7 years of pastoral experience
Highpoint Fellowship is located in a suburb on the northwest side of Austin, Texas. The church campus is located on the edge of a suburb called Cedar Park, and is very close to the suburb of Leander.
The population of Cedar Park itself is 75,226 (2017 census projection), but it is located so close to other suburbs around Austin that you would not even notice if you left Cedar Park and were in another suburb because of the proximity. Round Rock is very close, as well as Leander. Cedar Park was recently named the 4t h fastest growing city in the United States.
Some have described Austin as having a very progressive feel, but it is very much a part of Texas and has a very “Texas” feel. Austin and surrounding suburbs have a population of around 2 million.
Highpoint Fellowship started with just 5 families back in 1997. We met in the Cedar Park Library each Sunday night and prayed for God’s guidance in starting a new church. Our desire was to plant a church where hurting people would be loved and accepted and helped to grow and heal. Within a short time, the church grew with the addition of several families and a new space was needed.
In 1998, Highpoint moved to a shopping center. Later that year, the services were moved from Sunday evenings to Sunday mornings. In 1999, our first and only Senior Pastor to date came to Highpoint and brought his vision & energy. By 2003, we had again outgrown our facilities, so land was purchased to build a building.
In March 2005, our new building was completed and we moved in. Immediately God brought more people than we could have imagined to our church family. And it hasn’t stopped. We’re praising God for the growth we’ve seen.
In 2013 we purchased the land directly south of us and continued to utilize the facilities located on it for community outreach. Through the combined facilities, we provide preschool, after-school and summer camps reaching more than 400 families in our community in addition to providing meeting spaces for many community groups.
Highpoint Fellowship is a non-denominational church. The church staff includes a Children’s Pastor, Youth Pastor, Worship Pastor, Operations Director and Office Administrator
You can read more about the church here – http://hpf.org/about/
Highpoint Lead Pastor Job Description
Highpoint Fellowship is seeking a full time lead pastor who will follow God first, empower leaders, and love people. We are looking for a visionary leader who can empower others while bringing love, joy, and energy to Highpoint.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- ● Deep devotion to God through prayer, integrity and a love for Scripture
- ● Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level with love, care, andcompassion)
- ● Disciplined and humble
- ● Innovative and creative
- ● Balanced approach to family and ministry
- ● Committed to the vision, mission and values of Highpoint. Theologically and doctrinallyaligned with Highpoint on important matters.
- ● College degree preferredAccountable To:
● Trustee Board and Shepherd GroupPrimary Responsibilities:
- ● Motivate, equip and nurture the people at Highpoint through example, preaching, and teaching God’s word.
- ● Demonstrate how Biblical principles are relevant today with clear, substantive, and engaging Biblical teaching that stands on the authority of Scripture.
- ● Work with other ministry teams to plan and direct excellent worship services.
- ● Lead and work alongside our current preaching team.Pastoral
- ● Provide pastoral counseling and/or work with Shepherds, Staff, or Stephen Ministers to connect people to care.
- ● Participate in new member events and connect with new people regularly. Give energy to spiritual development of these new people.
- ● Participate in the community chambers and nonprofits, and make Highpoint known as a resource in the community.Leadership
- ● Lead planning and set vision for the church, working with the Staff, Shepherds, and Trustees.
- ● Aiming for collaboration and unity, align direction for ministry leaders, empower, encourage, and equip each to execute their responsibilities.
- ● Be a servant leader alongside staff team, taking time and care to learn about ministry wins, challenges, and needs.
- ● Develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring and teaching.
- ● Be open to leading change.Compensation Package:
- ● Total compensation negotiable based on experience and education.
- ● Sabbatical policyContact Information:
Address4037 KY Highway 10
Maysville, Kentucky 41056
Weekly Attendance: 140
Contact InformationDavid Hord Phone: (606) 564-0577 Email: email@example.com
Preaching and Teaching: The Minister will be the primary preacher for worship services. The Minister also will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship and ministry training, in coordination with other ordained and lay leaders, board and elders.
Strategic Leadership and Planning: The Minister is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose. The Minister will define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders and implement the plan by:
a. Coordinating/leading weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
b. Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
c. Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet strategic goals.
Staff Supervision and Development: The Minister serves as director to ordained and lay staff and lay volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
a. Overseeing staff training and development.
b. Hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions after consultation and guidance from board members and elders.
c. Providing leadership to the staff in the design and implementation of all church
e. Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff, board, and elders.
Administration: The minister oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers. He must:
a. Oversee the ministerial care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other ordained and lay ministers meeting, calling, and visiting ill and shut ins (hospital/home visits). Visiting new attendees, members, officiating wedding, and funerals, while maintaining a balance as deemed appropriate. A monthly report outlining your work shall be provided during monthly board meetings.
b. Oversee development of and adherence to church policies and procedures.
Address937 Cincinnati-Batavia Pike
Cincinnati, Ohio 45245
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationTerry L. Peer Phone: (513) 753-8223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to a Restoration minded Christian man who is willing to join a ministry staff team of Children’s Minister, Associate Minister and Preaching Minister, who will be accountable to the elders of the church. Candidate must be sound in faith, doctrine, and Christian life values. Given that we already have a Children’s minister, the focus of the position will be on Teen Ministry. If the candidate has limited youth ministry experience, mentoring for the position is available.
Address9489 Mason Lewis Rd
Maysville, Kentucky 41056
Weekly Attendance: 45-50
Contact InformationPaul Redmond Phone: (606) 564-4500 Email: email@example.com
Plumville Church of Christ is seeking a full time Minister. We currently have Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday night bible study. Send resume to Plumville Church of Christ 9489 Mason Lewis Rd, Maysville, KY 41056 or contact Paul Redmond 606-564-4500 or Kenny Sapp at 606-742-2481.
Posted: Aug 10, 2018
Address1825 S Alma School Rd
CHANDLER, Arizona 85286
Weekly Attendance: 3000+
Contact InformationAnna Martin Phone: (480) 963-3997 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior High Students Pastor
- Oversee all aspects of Compass Junior High Ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer teams to carry out ministry.
- Implement outreach and evangelism efforts to bring new students into the Compass ministry.
- Implement discipleship for Compass Students.
- Ensure prayer coverage for all aspects of ministry.
Key Ministry Focus Areas
- Weekend ministries
- Evangelism system
- Discipleship process
- Effective Volunteer & Leadership Teams
- Vibrant weekend programs that are attractional, engaging and growing in attendance.
- Effective and consistent processes and events that reach out to unchurched students and families, bringing them to environments where they’ll hear about Jesus.
- New baptisms.
- System that consistently grows students into disciples of Jesus who are in the Word, regular prayer, life authentic community and missional serving.
- Effectively recruiting, training and caring for volunteers and leaders.
- Based on success of key ministry focus areas and results.
- Tracking according to Quarterly 3X3 SMART Goals.
- Quarterly evaluation with supervisor.
AddressP O Box 146, 204 W Main St
Holmesville, Ohio 44633
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationDarryl Crawford Phone: (330) 279-3471 Email: email@example.com
Looking for someone to grow with us. Responsible for preaching on Sunday and bible study on Tuesday evening. Be willing to make pastoral calls and work with our board of Elders. Position comes with a parsonage next to church. Salary negotiable depending on experience. Paid vacation and mileage. Submit resume and minimum of three references
Address2569 State Route 2834
Sturgis, Kentucky 42459
Weekly Attendance: 10
Contact InformationConnie Ratley Phone: 1 (270) 577-1178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conduct Sunday morning worship service, approximately 1.5 hours.
Conduct midweek Bible Study, approximately 1 hour.
Visit the sick, shut ins, and nursing home as needed.
Posted: Aug 8, 2018
AddressPO Box 1286
Warsaw, Virginia 22572
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationKent Childers Phone: (804) 986-8604 Email: email@example.com
Job Description – Student Minister
The Student Minister will work with the staff and elders in leading ministries of the church from Middle School-High School. He or she will also be committed to pursuing growth in 3 vital relationships (intimacy with God, fellowship with believers, and influence non-believers).
Reports To And Is Doctrinally Accountable To:
The church Elders
- RCofC uses Orange curriculum and is committed to the Orange strategy of (1) engaging students, (2) partnering with parents and (3) equipping volunteers. This connects to our strategy we also use for early childhood and children’s ministries. The candidate selected for this job must be familiar with Orange strategy and committed to implementing and updating it at Rappahannock Church of Christ.
- Lead ministries from Middle School through High School, working closely with church staff and volunteer leaders. The ultimate goal is partnering with parents in leading students to Christ and also equipping them to be lifetime disciples.
- Recruit volunteers to serve in RCofC’s student ministry large group and small group environments and implement a plan for the ongoing education, training, and support of these volunteers.
- Implement a strategy to ensure worker application forms, background checks, and ministry covenants are completed for all volunteer youth workers.
- Promote student involvement at weekly teen worship services.
- Plan outreach events which are geared toward teens from the community.
- Create opportunities for students to serve in the congregation, locally, and globally.
- Assist the church staff and congregation as needed.
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Strong Christian character and Christ-like example.
- The ability to lead students to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience in successfully recruiting, training and supervising leaders in Middle School and High School Ministry.
- Commitment to partnering with parents and helping them to be equipped and trained to provide for the spiritual formation of their teens.
- A passion for Student Ministry and teens as demonstrated by previous experience as a staff member or volunteer in a church.
- Commitment to working with the elders and staff in helping the Student Ministry compliment and strengthen the overall ministry of Rappahannock Church of Christ.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to recognize, accept and promote teamwork as a servant leader who can work side by side with volunteers.
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited Bible College is preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in student ministry is required.
Posted: Aug 7, 2018
Address1130 Dale Ave.
Corydon, Indiana 47112
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationFrank Spalding Phone: (812) 738-8253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position. Salary is negotiable based upon experience and needs.
We ask that interested individuals fill out our Children’s Minister Questionnaire and submit it with a resume. Our questionnaire can be downloaded at www.lincolnhillschristian.com/open-positions.
Lincoln Hills Christian Church is a non-denominational church in Southern Indiana about 20 minutes west of Louisville, Kentucky. Our average weekly attendance ranges from 375 to 425.
We are looking to hire a Children’s Minister who will cast vision and create a culture in which children and parents are totally invested in following Jesus.
Address1400 E St Rd 62
Madison, Indiana 47250
Weekly Attendance: 800
Contact InformationGordon Judge Phone: (812) 273-1601 Email: email@example.com
North Madison Christian Church in Madison, IN is searching for a full time Worship Experience Pastor who is responsible for leading and creating a culture of irresistible environments that draw people to Jesus and help those already following Jesus to take their next step. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include video links or attachments of leading experience. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Address302 Hopkinton St.
Rosiclare, Illinois 62982
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationDon Rush Phone: (618) 683-8011 Email: email@example.com
We are a small independent Christian church located in beautiful Southern Illinois. We are seeking a part-time preaching minister for weekends only at this time. Our goal is to build our congregation and youth groups and to possibly expand this to a full-time position.
Currently we offer weekends only with room and meals provided plus salary ($200 weekly and gas allowance). You would be responsible for Sunday sermon, possible help with Sunday School, and weekend calling with elders. If interested, please contact Don Rush (elder) at 618.683.8011 for more details.