The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 5, 2015
Address2015 Fifth Avenue
Havre, Montana 59501
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationFrank Donato Phone: (406) 399-0151 Fax: (406) 265-6306 Email: email@example.com
FACC is looking for a full-time Associate Minister of Discipleship and Worship. Fifth Avenue Christian Church is located in Havre (northern Montana) and is currently running around 450 people. We are a church that simply wants to love God and love people. We seek a man to lead our weekend worship services and music teams as well as develop our weekly home groups, bible studies, and coordinate our seasonal Wednesday Night Family Fellowship classes.
Job Requirements: Salary package is competitive and available upon interview. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Application Requirements: Resume with references to … firstname.lastname@example.org
Address195 Buttermilk Pike
Lakeside Park, Kentucky 41092
Weekly Attendance: 2500
Contact InformationRobin Poland Phone: (859) 341-1160 Email: email@example.com
Ministry Area: Ministry Team (Central) Time Commitment: Full-time
Position Title: Minister of Community Accountable to: Executive Pastor, Ministries
Gift Set: Leadership, Pastoral, Experienced Date: April 27, 2015
Ministry Role: Creating and giving leadership to an expanding network of Community Groups.
- Serve Lakeside as her primary leader in championing & strategizing our value of community.
- Leverage community groups as a primary means of discipleship at Lakeside.
- Develop and manage metrics that indicate healthy & successful community is occurring.
- Connections – Oversee assimilation process for aiding new people into community groups
- Develop system that is visible, accessible and efficient in forming new groups and/or connecting to existing groups (currently GroupLink).
- Synergize data entry and reporting system with administrative team. Assure tracking of connection process safeguards against people slipping through the proverbial cracks.
- Group Formation Strategy
- Develop and maintain an effective strategy for group formation.
- GroupLink (bi-annual event in August & January is the current system).
- Oversee & coordinate GroupLink with campus pastors at all campuses.
- Oversee implementation of GroupLink events in coordination with campus pastors.
- Leader Development, Recruitment and Training
- Oversee shepherding system intended to equip, encourage, and provide pastoral care and accountability to community group leaders.
- Develop discipleship-oriented goals and strategy for group leaders to activate other participants.
- Cast vision of community as well as provide and equip leaders with adequate training.
- Lead training of community group leaders, coaches, shepherds and GroupLink volunteers.
- Equip community group leaders to reinforce Lakeside values and accomplish community group leader goals within group.
- Determine and oversee the elective classes offered at Lakeside.
- Select, outline and recommend semester series of basic elective classes and growth seminars. Examples: Financial Peace, Considering Adoption, Starting Point, Marriage & Parenting, Sermon Series Bible Study.
- Recruit appropriate “proven-faithful” teachers.
- Oversee adult bible fellowship classes (Lakeside Park campus only).
- Oversee Men’s & Women’s Ministry.
- General Responsibilities
- Budget management.
- Pastoral duties (Weddings, Funerals, Pastoral Care, etc).
- Team meeting participation, program and event communication.
- Example of Christ-like character and missional living.
Talents or Abilities Desired: Administrative Leadership, Pastor, Experience, Equipper, Activator
Best Personality Traits: Pastoral Heart, Wise, Joyful, Missional-Minded
Address1701 WINCHESTER AVE
ASHLAND, Kentucky 41101
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationLESLIE VINCENT Phone: (606) 571-9478 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church in downtown Ashland, Kentucky is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Pastor. We are looking to grow an older church into a vibrant body of believers filled with young singles, couples, and families while still encouraging senior adult ministries. We have also become too inwardly focused. The Pastor will have the vision and experience to lead us in reaching out to our community with the gospel of Christ in a greater way. Personal integrity and a passion for abiding in Christ as seen through devotion to prayer and God’s Word are key requirements. The Pastor should be someone who has the leadership ability to face and manage conflict well. Our Pastor will be a gifted teacher and preacher who diligently studies the Scriptures and presents God’s truth in an accurate, relevant, and understandable way which can penetrate our hearts and minds and move us toward spiritual maturity.
Finally, our next Pastor must be an evangelical who feels God’s direct call to minister in Ashland KY with its unique personality and heritage that makes it an exciting but very challenging harvest field. A degree from an evangelical seminary is preferred, but not required. The candidate must possess organizational and people skills, be energetic and self-motivated. Congregation 80% over 60, but have willing and able workers. Salary based on education and experience. Please forward resume to Pastor Search Committee, First Baptist Church of Ashland, Kentucky, P. O. Box 787, Ashland, Kentucky 41105-0787 or to email@example.com. Inquiries will be held in confidence.
Address4316 Barnes Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Weekly Attendance: 279
Contact InformationKenneth J. Gemeinhart Phone: (904) 733-2356 Fax: (904) 733-9096 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a minister to oversee our middle school, high school, college age, and young adults ministries. This would involve at least 40 hours per week. Programming will be needed for Sunday School for all of the groups, Sunday evening services for the middle and high school, and Wednesday Bible studies for all the groups. One activity per month per group will be required. For more information, contact the senior minister, Kenneth J. Gemeinhart.
Address1081 Jefferson St.
Montezuma, Indiana 47862
Weekly Attendance: 30-35
Contact InformationKimberly Baldwin Phone: (765) 592-6302 Email: email@example.com
Primary Function: Prepare and deliver Sunday morning worship to the congregation on a weekly basis, with God’s Word presented in such a way that will convict, uplift, encourage, and motivate all members, non-members, and persons churched and unchurched. Be minister, shepherd, and spiritual leader. Offer guidance when needed.
• Call on members, non-members, and prospective members.
• Participate in and help with church functions (VBS, etc.).
• Participate in weddings and funerals.
• Hospital and nursing home visits.
• Offer weekly Bible study classes
Posted: May 4, 2015
Address921 S FAYETTE ST
WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, Ohio 43160
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationJOHN FARIS Phone: (740) 335-3107 Fax: (740) 333-9440 Email: MINISTRY@SOUTHSIDEWCH.COM
SR PREACHING MINISTER- “LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE AND CHANGE THE WORLD”.
PREACH THE WORD OF GOD.
Address1207 Broad Street
Elizabethton, Tennessee 37643
Weekly Attendance: 250-300
Contact InformationDerek Woodward Phone: (423) 542-8783 Fax: (423) 542-6337 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East River Park Christian Church is seeking a leader with a compassionate and engaging preaching/teaching style. We are looking for someone who has excellent people skills and has a strong desire to fulfill the Great Commission in accordance with the Bible. Pastoral responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare & deliver sermons for worship services.
- Pastoral counseling with individuals & families.
- Including pre-marital and marriage counseling
- Partnering with the leadership team in developing a strategic plan for the church to achieve its mission, “Loving God and Loving People”
- Guide ministry teams to fulfill their purpose
- Active in calling and following up with members of the church and new attenders.
As a minimum, applicant must be ordained, have a Bachelors degree preferably from a Restoration Movement Bible College (Christian Churches/Churches of Christ). Seminary experience is preferred. Candidates should have at least five years of ministry experience and is a servant leader with an ability to develop our full and part-time staff. Overall, we are looking for someone who is a team player, someone that is passionately committed to following Jesus, and seeks to live that out through a life of daily discipleship.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and will be discussed individually. The package does include health benefits and allowance for ministry expenses. Also, the church does not provide a parsonage.
Our church is located in Elizabethton, Tennessee. It is a medium-sized town located in the Tri-Cities of East Tennessee. We are a growing church of about 250-300 members with a healthy worship and student ministry. Our church has experienced tremendous growth the last few years and we are ready to take the next step of faith.
Official Job Title: Lead Pastor
Start Date: As soon as possible
Candidates who are interested can apply for this opening by sending us a cover letter, a resume, a photo, and references to:
Posted: May 1, 2015
Address844 Woodstock Road
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464
Weekly Attendance: 350-400
Contact InformationSpenser Haskett Email: email@example.com
Avalon Church of Christ is seeking a full-time Student Minister who is passionate about developing fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will have a ministry-related degree from a Restoration Movement University, be creative, self-motivated, organized, and able to develop relationships with students quickly. The candidate must have the ability to recruit, train, and implement youth volunteers, while working with students from the 6th-12th grades. Avalon is an active congregation of 350-400, located in an urban area with a great potential for growth. If interested, please submit your resume or questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amarillo, Texas 79119
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationRoy Cahill Phone: (806) 584-2188 Email: email@example.com
Looking for a person with a degree in music or equivalent experience to lead our music ministry. Applicants must display their ability to train and inspire church members to sing and participate in worship services. They must have the ability to train both adults and children in the basics of music. The elders will ask this minister to seek out ways to reach out to the community to bring other to Christ
Posted: Apr 30, 2015
Address2746 US Highway 231
Crawfordsville, Indiana 47933
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationDave McCormick Phone: (765) 376-4001 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Hope Christian Church is an Independent, Non-denominational, Instrumental, Restoration Movement congregation with an average worship attendance of 300. We are a Bible-based congregation whose mission is to lead people to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ. Our congregation was established in 1977 and has a strong presence in the local community and internationally through our Faith Promise Missions Ministry.
The Senior Minister and the Elders are responsible for the oversight and spiritual welfare of the Church, staff, and all related ministries. When fully staffed, the church staff consists of four full-time ministerial positions, one full-time financial administrator, one part-time administrative assistant, and one part-time counselor.
New Hope’s worship style is contemporary having vocalists and a praise band who lead. We offer two Sunday morning services separated by our Sunday School Hour. Ministry to children and youth takes place during the second worship hour and on Sunday evenings. There are several adult small groups that meet in members’ homes throughout the week. Additionally, New Hope operates a preschool program and after-school care.
Graduate of a Restoration Movement Christian Bible College or University with
a Master’s Degree preferred.
A minister for 5 or more years, experienced in supervising, or working with, multiple staff, and having served a congregation of preferably 300 or more.
The Senior Minister needs to possess the following Holy Spirit given gifts and
related talents and abilities (which follow them in parenthesis).
• Serving, Rom. 12:7
• Teaching, Rom. 12:7 (Preaching, Evangelism, Missions minded)
• Encouraging, Rom. 12:8 (Shepherding, Promote Unity)
• Leadership, Rom. 12:8 (Administration, Self-Starter/self-motivated, Visionary Development of future church leaders)
• Mercy, Rom. 12:8
The Senior Minister shall:
• Demonstrate commitment and dedication to the congregation through thorough preparation and delivery of spiritually informative, challenging, and encouraging material during Sunday morning services.
• Maintain awareness of congregation attendance and personal issues – developing an approach for encouraging member participation.
• Support all church activities and functions (through attendance and participation as is opportune – consistent with the participation we desire from congregation members and church leadership).
• Participate in other activities that promote broader body unity and spiritual growth.
• Keep and maintain scheduled office hours
In addition to obligatory responsibilities, the Minister is encouraged to participate in activities (family or hobby), other church activities, and community activities. Involvement in “non-work” activities reflects an important balance; promotes credibility in establishing a foundation for relationships and opportunities within the community. New Hope Christian Church encourages involvement within the community recognizing the importance of personal evangelism and ministry outside the church building.
As Christians, management of our personal time reflects our personal priorities and commitment. As the spiritual leaders of the congregation, the elders and the Senior Minister must be committed to “protect” or “guard our testimony” as the Apostle Paul states. Our behaviors must support our roles as spiritual leaders and we must mutually hold one another accountable.
Interested candidates should send a resume detailing education and qualifications along with references to: NewHopeCCSearch@gmail.com
Posted: Apr 28, 2015
Address2175 Heekin Lawrenceville Road
Wiliamstown, Kentucky 41097
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationDavid Cahoon Phone: (859) 824-4093 Fax: (859) 824-0046 Email: email@example.com
Mount Olivet is a church on the move. Having out grown our current facility we are meeting in the Grant County High School while our new facility is being completed. Completion is expected this fall depending on weather. In the last two years the congregation has doubled, and we expect to continue growing as we move onto our new property. We own 26 acres located next to the “Ark Encounter Park” being built by Answers ,in Genesis.
We are a staff-led, elder-supported ministry. The elders oversee everything within our church family but understand that the daily ministry affairs need to be carried out by the paid staff. The staff is led by the lead pastor with all personnel answering to the elders.
Our worship is modern, led by a volunteer band committed to leading people into God’s presence regularly. Our vision is large, understanding God wants His Church to grow. Our focus is outward, reaching out to the lost in a relevant way.
We are looking for someone committed to growing with us. Longevity in ministry is a priority — because we feel christianity is less about religion and more about an intimate relationship with Christ and with one another.
Please check out our website: www.moutolivetchristian.org and visit us on FaceBook.
Trenton, Michigan 48183
Weekly Attendance: 1600 +
Contact InformationMark Essick Phone: (734) 675-7575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southpoint Church is looking for the right person to lead our Student Ministry into the next season of growth through a team of committed volunteers and staff. Our mission is to Win Downriver (the region south of Detroit with 350,000 people) to Christ by creating committed, connected, and contributing Christians. Southpoint is a non-denominational (Christian Churches) multi-site church with 2 campuses and a 3rd launching in November, 2015.
We’re looking for:
- A committed leader who can turn the vision of Southpoint into a strategy and workable plan for all 3 of our campuses.
- A team builder who works well with and through others, and excels at developing leaders around them.
- An energetic, creative communicator who has a heart for and experience with 6th-12th graders.
- A devoted disciple who is worth following, and desires to find followers; who loves students, understands their culture, and loves to learn.
The Student Minister will be part of Southpoint’s NextGen Ministries, which is committed to partnering with families and activating the next generation to passionately pursue Christ. The Student Minister will report directly to the NextGen Minister and will be responsible to lead and implement the vision for our Middle & High School Ministries (grades 6-12).
Currently our Student Ministry reaches around 100 students in our large group environments. We value and provide small group environments for both middle & high school students. We also desire to raise up a generation of servants/contributors.
The Student Minister will have a part time Creative Arts Minister that will be on his/her staff and will report directly to the Student Minister. Salary will be competitive and include health, dental, vision, paid vacation, and retirement benefits.
Bible college bachelors degree is preferred.
Please submit resumes to Mark Essick (Next Gen Minister) email@example.com
Posted: Apr 27, 2015
Address3209 Auburn Road
Huntington, West Virginia 25704
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationEarl Childers Phone: (304) 972-5851 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntington Christian Church is seeking a full-time Senior Minister
Position: Applicant must be an Ordained Minister who has a close personal
Relationship with Christ. He must be excited and motivated about teaching
the Gospel & be passionate toward all age groups. His duties include conducting
the Sunday morning worship services, Sunday evening services and Wednesday
evening Bible Study. Visitation, home or hospital of members and potential
members. Maintain weekly schedule of office hours at church. Teach bible classes
when needed. Active involvement in evangelism effort with congregation. Take
active part in establishing programs to strengthen congregation and development
of the church.
Benefits: Salary, Health Insurance allowance, Cell Phone allowance, Parsonage with utilities paid.
About HCC: Our attendance ranges from 60 to 80 for Sunday morning service.
Our Sunday morning service in a mixture of Traditional and Contemporary and is
led by a Worship leader and small praise team. We support Mission programs
both locally and around the world. We have a growing youth ministry
with a part-time youth minister. Our church is debt free.
About Huntington: Huntington is nestled along the banks of the Ohio River and
the foothills of the Appalachian Region. We are located in the Tri-State region
which includes West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio. This metropolitan area has
a population of 365,400. Huntington WV, Ashland KY and Ironton OH have
numerous colleges and universities with the largest being Marshall University
(Thundering Herd) in Huntington. We also have two large regional Hospitals in
Huntington, Cabell Huntington Hospital and Saint Mary’s Medical Center.
The Regional VA Hospital in located in the Spring Valley section of Huntington.
The area has a large variety of restaurants and shopping facilities. Huntington
is located three hours or less from Columbus OH, Cincinnati OH, Lexington KY,
and Louisville KY.
How to apply: Contact Earl Childers via E-mail at email@example.com.
An application package will be sent to you with items (information) needed for