The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Address401 West Main Street
Salem, Virginia 24153
Weekly Attendance: 115-130
Contact InformationLarry D. Campbell Phone: (540) 819-0370 Email: email@example.com
Weekly youth classes will be taught. This includes Sundays and Wednesdays.
All teaching is expected to be relatable to the audience, challenging, and theologically sound.
Teaching may be in the form of Bible Classes, Life Groups, or other settings.
Occasional preaching will be expected from this position. Approximately 4-5 times per calendar year.
Must be willing and able to build strong rapport with a diversity of students and adult personalities at the church.
Must be willing to attend student activities: Sports, Choir shows, Theater, etc.
Must be willing to visit with students and parents outside of church for counseling, and to demonstrate genuine interest in them.
Must be a team player. Flexibility is key.
Must be willing to organize, communicate and lead multiple youth events throughout the calendar year.
Some events will be day events, some will be overnight events.
This position requires involvement in leading a week of camp at Blue Ridge Christian Camp each Summer.
As new church events are discussed and presented, the right candidate would be willing to assist as needed.
The right applicant will have a willingness to develop support from members of the church to assist the Youth Ministry.
The applicant must be willing to embrace a discipleship mindset in leadership. They should always be working to develop students into leaders and incorporate them into leadership positions as often as possible.
Must be willing to embrace and support the Vision and Mission of the Salem Church of Christ.
As a part of the church staff, the FLM will be expected to attend short, weekly Monday meetings with the other staff members.
The FLM will also be expected to attend monthly leadership meetings along with the church Elders and Deacons.
Posted: Aug 4, 2020
Address1507 Highway Z
Wentzville, Missouri 63385
Weekly Attendance: 750
Contact InformationKeith Comp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wentzville Christian Church is located in Wentzville, MO, the fastest growing city and school district in the state, on the edge of the St. Louis region. WCC’s mission is to ignite a passion for Jesus, the Bible, the Church, and Others.
We are looking for an Elementary Minister to join the NextGen Team! WCC is a growing church with pre-covid attendance averaging 750+ and growing, with our Elementary student attendance averaging over 100. We are looking for someone with experience in Elementary Ministry in a comparable church and a ministry degree is preferred. This person must be spiritually mature, relational/personable, a team player, and a high-capacity leader with strong organizational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, train, and sustain volunteers
- Lead programming for kids (K-5th Grade)
- Work well with parents as we partner with them in discipling their children
Job Description available HERE
Competitive compensation based on experience and education
Please send resume with cover letter or CV to email@example.com
Address625 Johnson St.
Fairmont, Minnesota 56031
Weekly Attendance: 50-75
Contact InformationRusty Burnham Phone: (507) 238-1939 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Church of Fairmont, a non-denominational Christian church, is actively searching for the pastor to lead us into the future.
The Christian Church of Fairmont is a multi-generational, family-orientated congregation with attendance ranging from 50-75. The church has been serving this community and area for 123 years. Our building was constructed in 1988 and is debt-free. Fairmont has a population of approximately 10,000 situated on a chain of 5 lakes along I-90 in southern Minnesota.
The mission statement of Fairmont Christian Church is “To serve faithfully as ambassadors of Christ by going into all the world and make disciples of all people groups in order to reconcile them back to God through Jesus Christ.”
A successful candidate’s gifts should include practical and relevant bible-based preaching and teaching for all ages.
Eligible candidates please send or email cover letter and resume (include e-mail address) to:
Christian Church of Fairmont
625 Johnson St.
Fairmont, MN 56031
Address455 E Morse St.
Markle, Indiana 46770
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationAaron McClary Phone: (317) 752-7034 Email: email@example.com
MARKLE CHURCH OF CHRIST – CHILDREN’S MINISTER
Markle Church of Christ is a non-denominational Christian Church affiliated with the Restoration Movement of independent churches. Founded in 1878, MCC has a rich history of congregational life and a legacy of Kingdom-influence. Pre-COVID weekend worship attendance was approximately 450 with two adult worship services and concurrent programming for children and students. MCC’s annual operating budget is $650,000 with an additional $250,000 committed to missions in 2020. The church is debt-free and operates out of a 42,000 square-foot building on 15 acres of land, several acres of which is undeveloped and available for future expansion.
Markle, Indiana is a small town with a population of approximately 1,200 people. Given its location at the crossroads of three state highways and US Interstate-69, Markle is conveniently accessible from a number of neighboring communities including Huntington, Bluffton, Roanoke, and Fort Wayne—among others. Those who call MCC their church home come from a number of these surrounding communities making us a truly regional church.
MCC is led by a full-time staff of six and protected by a four-member eldership. Several additional part-time staff and key volunteers carry out the ministry work of the church. Our leadership team is relationally healthy and demonstrably passionate about the work God has set before us in our region and around the world.
Our 5-year vision is to lead 300 adults within a 15-mile radius of MCC to make the decision to follow Jesus. We seek to do this by loving the lost, making disciples, and serving others. We are intentional in our efforts and committed to maintaining a posture of humility and learning in order to discern the Lord’s leading in all things.
The Children’s Minister is responsible for all ministry involving children from birth to fifth grade. As a chief catalyst for our Core Value of “partnering with parents to raise lifelong followers of Jesus” the Children’s Minister will oversee all aspects of spiritual development, programming, and pastoral care for children and their families.
- Recruit, train, equip, and lead a team of Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Serve as the primary teacher in Sunday morning programming for elementary kids
- Manage a system of small groups for children
- Plan and execute key ministry initiatives including VBX, SuperStart, and Outbreak!
- Pursue and maintain active partnerships with parents
- Provide general pastoral care to kids and parents
- Ensure healthy transitions for kids between Children’s and Student Ministries
- Facilitate the integration of children into the overall mission of the church throughcongregational opportunities to worship and serve
- Make sick calls in-hospital or in-home and provide general shepherding
- A demonstrable love for Jesus and a lifestyle congruent with the Biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- An understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s vision, mission, values, and beliefs.
- An established proficiency in ministry to children and their families demonstrated by previous experience and affirmed by credible references.
- A posture of humility and a dedication to serving as a member of a unified team.
- A commitment to excellence in all things.
Posted: Aug 3, 2020
Address1128 Calhoun Falls Highway
Elberton, Georgia 30635
Weekly Attendance: 175
Contact InformationRichard Cox Phone: (706) 499-5795 Fax: (000) 003-0635 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elberton Christian Church located in Elberton GA (about 40 minutes from Athens) is looking for a youth minister to lead our middle school, high school and college age students. Some experience would be beneficial; however, we are willing to work with someone who has a heart for ministry. If you would like more information, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants will be contacted, and we are hoping to move quickly on the right person.
This person will give oversight to our student ministry and be an active leader in the church. He should have a heart for Christ and a desire to see the next generation know and follow Jesus. The youth minister will work with a great team of volunteers to plan and execute the work. A Bible College degree is required.
- Planning and organizing youth activities and programs
- Recruiting, training, and overseeing youth sponsors
- Organizing outreach projects and community impact events
- Organizing trips to outside youth conferences and gatherings
- Maintaining regular communication and relationships with parents
- Developing deep spiritual growth and Bible knowledge
- Preaching on occasion
Essential characteristics include:
- Godly character, self-discipline, and spiritual maturity
- Strong knowledge of Scripture and doctrine
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Relates well with youth and adults
- A passion for discipling youth
Address10123 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, Florida 32221
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationJohn Faulkner Phone: (904) 796-0613 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westside Christian Church is located in a developing area of Jacksonville, Florida. We have facilities that will appeal to the youth in the community, we just need someone to reach and minister to them. If you are interesting in applying for the position, please send a resume to email@example.com. You can visit our website to get more insight into who we are and what we stand for @ wccjax.com.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Overseeing, growing and coordinating the church’s youth ministry.
- Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Engaging with the youth at their school or extracurricular activities.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
- Fruitful relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Adhere to the Christian Church/ Church of Christ doctrine
- Ability to identify and explain calling into youth ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry.
- Previous youth ministry experience. (1yr)
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
Address3003 S Smithville Road
Dayton, Ohio 45420
Weekly Attendance: 35
Contact InformationWayne Hampton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionBelmont Church of Christ in Dayton, Ohio is a small, servant-minded, loving congregation looking for a full-time minister. We are seeking a man who is passionate about ministry, with an energetic love for people that drives him to go out into the community to reach the lost where they are in modern urban and suburban areas. Under the oversight of our eldership, the right candidate will not only be willing to preach, teach and participate in other congregational ministries during worship times, but also actively engage both members and non-members throughout the week through such things as prayer meetings and in-home Bible studies. We will only consider those who have some experience in congregational ministry: either internships or previous part-time or full-time ministry positions.To be considered and to learn more about the position, submit your resume to:
Address633 Greene Street
Augusta, Georgia 30901
Contact InformationWendy Cato Phone: (706) 592-9995 Email: email@example.com
We have an opportunity for a minister to help us revitalize a beautiful, historic church in downtown Augusta, Ga., where the demographics have rapidly changed with a large influx of cyber security young workers/residents. Contemporary and/or traditional services are open to changes needed to draw a wide range of worshippers. Successful candidate will possess credentials and experience in The Churches of Christ or Disciples of Christ, an active desire to spread the Word of God beyond the pulpit, and leadership traits to encourage others to do the same.
Posted: Jul 28, 2020
Address9025 North 860 West
LIGONIER, Indiana 46767
Contact InformationSHAWN Cox Phone: (260) 215-2899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ligonier Christian Church
9025 North 860 West
Ligonier, IN 46767
Contact: (260) 215-1761
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR MINISTER
We are a small church on the North edge of the City of Ligonier. We are a smaller community. Our Church has been serving in the community for over 150 Years. We are exciting to find a new ministry to continue this New Restoration Church and to get more lives in Christ. Our Congregation was having attendance of 60 to 80 each Sunday until the Covid 19 virus. We want to work with the new Minister to get people back to church and to reach out to the other that are lost in our community. Currently we have deacons working to serve the church with the plan to teach and train to reestablish our elders.
Seeking a Full Time Minister to preach and teach to a loving congregation in Northern Indiana. We are seeking a man with a strong Biblical background and has a desire to preach doctrine consistent with the Restoration movement. Someone that has a passion to inspire members of all ages to pursue Christ.
Duties: Duties will include Preaching on Sunday’s. Providing classes on Wednesday and Sunday Evenings. Willingness to mold new and old members on how to serve the lord and evangelize into the community. Willingness to work with youth and help develop a youth program with-in the congregation. Visit and call on prospective members and well as hospital visits and shut ins. Working with members to lead this congregation in spiritual and numerical growth.
We are seeking a candidate that has a degree from a Christian Church/ Church of Christ College or seminary. We would like the candidate to have 3 to 5 years of full- time ministry. The candidate will have knowledge of electronic and modern web- based technology.
Wages and housing allowance will be based on experience.
Please Contact: Shawn Cox
Cell Phone : (260) 215-1761
Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Address103 Washington St
Darlington, Indiana 47940
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationMary Hampton Phone: (765) 366-6478 Email: email@example.com
Darlington Christian Church, Darlington, Indiana is currently searching for a part-time Minister/Pastor.
The church is located in a small rural town of approximately 800 people. We are a congregation of approximately 30 people.
In an effort to secure resumes that are in line with our Pulpit Committee, we have listed the following qualities, beliefs, and gifts that we believe are necessary for the candidate to possess.
- The purpose of this church shall be as revealed in the New Testament, to win people to faith in Jesus Christ and commit them actively to the church, to help them grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ, that increasingly, they may know and to do His will and to work for the brotherhood of all christians and with them engage in the common task of building the Kingdom of God. With that being said, we desire a minister/pastor who will preach the gospel message on a regular basis which also includes baptism by immersion only.
- Candidate should be gifted as an evangelist and teacher, capable of equipping and building up our church body and is willing to shepherd and serve the entire congregation.
- Candidate should be willing to conduct hospital and in home visits. Candidate should be outgoing, and willing to interact with all age groups within the church body.
- Passionate about working with people, being self disciplined and positive in attitude.
- Passionate about being a disciple of Jesus Christ who loves the Lord, personally lives the Word of God, and works hard.
- Ability to play a musical instrument is a plus, but not necessary.
- As a spiritual administrator of the church, the Minister/Pastor shall be an ex officio of all organized groups, and should attend all meetings.
Please submit resume if you meet these requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address208 North Kansas Ave
Norton, Kansas 67654
Weekly Attendance: 291
Contact InformationPat Douglas Phone: (785) 877-2871 Email: email@example.com
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self starter – highly motivated
- Has a passion for youth ministry
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Set the vision for the student ministry with a plan to carry it out.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the student ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose.
- Weekly duties include teaching and coordinating the high school Sunday school class, teaching in Children’s Church, Sunday night high school class and Wednesday night junior high class.
- Build and maintain relationships with teens both churched and unchurched.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
- Clearly share your vision with parents so they understand the purpose of the student ministry
- Network with other youth workers.
- Be an active participant in camps, CIY, missions trips, etc.
- Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences.
- Set and oversee the student ministry budget.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- In addition to the Teen ministry, be involved in the overall vision and ministry to Children and Adults.
- Office hours in accordance with elder and minister approval.
- Be a faithful Christian committed to spending time with family.
For more information about the position, our community, or for an application, please click the “Job Openings” tab on our website’s “Connect” page.
Posted: Jul 23, 2020
Address302 Brown Street
Vine Grove, Kentucky 40175
Weekly Attendance: 35
Contact InformationEvan Hardwick Phone: (270) 877-5558 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in need of someone to lead worship on Sunday mornings. We have a lady who plays the piano, but would like to have someone lead singing from the stage. Ability to play guitar is preferred, but not required.
You will have free rein to organize the worship service, pick out a set list, and lead the worship ministry as you see fit.
This is currently an unpaid position, but there is potential for it becoming a part-time paid position. We would also be able to consider this as an internship.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Address230 Delaware Street
Lexington, Ohio 44904
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationJoel Likins Phone: (419) 631-6055 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lexington Church of Christ (LCC) is announcing an opening for a full-time Preaching Minister. A vibrant, non-denominational Christian church located in Lexington, Ohio, LCC averages 150-175 people during our Sunday morning worship service (pre-COVID), and we serve approximately 90 children. We serve Richland, Morrow and surrounding counties. The church oversees several Life Groups, or home small groups, which help develop close relationships within the congregation. Our mission is to share the hope of Jesus through serving God, loving people, building relationships and changing lives.
The Preaching Minister’s primary responsibility will be Evangelism with these additional responsibilities: Weekly Preaching, Teaching, Encouraging, Visionary/Focused, Organization/Administration, Leadership/Teamwork, and Confidentiality. He will be accountable to God for boldly and accurately preaching and teaching His Word as declared by the Bible. He will work in partnership directly with the Elders, God’s chosen overseers, and be in submission to them as they are to each other and to Christ.
Benefits include paid vacation, retirement funding and medical insurance. Pay increases will be considered on a yearly basis.
All approved candidates will be asked to complete a full multi-state background check.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, which should detail their education and experience, along with a resume to Joel Likins at email@example.com .
For more information about LCC, visit our website at lccoh.com.
Posted: Jul 16, 2020
AddressP O Box 168
Mortons Gap, Kentucky 42440
Weekly Attendance: 30-40
Website: http://Morton's Gap Christian Church
Contact InformationStephen K Stanley (Kenny) Gary S Crowe Phone: (270) 359-5776 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time preaching minister for Sunday AM and participattion on Sunday and Wednesday night small gtoups for adults and or youth. Teaching, preaching, visitation counseling and outreach. Great faility with Church sanctuary, offices, class and storage rooms, kitchen with large open area. Family life center with full size gym, kitchen, and classrooms. Additional 3 acres for future growth. Salary negotiable.
Posted: Jul 14, 2020
Address3443 N Crystal Rd
VESTABURG, Michigan 48891
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationBetsy Cervantes Phone: (989) 268-5551 Email: email@example.com
Michigan, Vestaburg – Ferris Church of Christ
Ferris Church of Christ is seeking a full-time minister/evangelist to serve a congregation with an average worship attendance of 75. Candidate must possess a college degree from a Church of Christ/Christian college. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to: preaching, teaching and equipping. Evangelistic and pastoral skills are a must. Candidate needs to be willing to be involved in a rural community with a country church. A three bedroom, one and a half bath home with utilities included is provided as part of the compensation package. Salary will be based on experience and skills. Interested candidates should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address: Ferris Church of Christ – 3443 North Crystal Road – Vestaburg, Michigan 48891. For more information concerning the church please visit https://ferrischurchofchrist.org.