The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 26, 2022
Address8400 E County Road 466
The Villages, FL 32162
Contact InformationHarry Harris and Christian Callahan Phone: (440) 376-7618 Email: Hpharris@comcast.net email@example.com
Each fiscal year, from January 1st through December 31st, the Finance Committee Chaired by the Church Administrator shall prepare an annual church budget. The budget shall be set up to make every effort to provide reasonable funding for all the ministries of the church, along with expense areas not connected with any specific ministry. Once the proposed budget is completed, the Elders, no later than their November Elders’ meeting (third Monday in November), shall consider and approve the final budget. They may make adjustments to the proposed budget as they deem appropriate. Once approved, the new budget begins on April 1st.
As a part of this process, each minister, with input from volunteers in their areas of responsibility, shall develop and submit a budget request for their ministry area for the upcoming fiscal year to the Church Administrator. As of the first week in November, the Church Administrator shall provide each minister with reports reflecting their budgets and expenditures from the year-to-date church budget.
The process shall initiate the first week in October and conclude with the Elders’ approval of the final budget by their regular Elder Meeting in November.
Ministers may request expenditures from approved budget line items in their areas of responsibility by submitting expenditure requests to the Church Administrator. The Church Administrator does not approve the expenditure, as it is having already been approved as a part of the approved annual budget, but upon verification of availability of funds, authorizes the expenditure.
If a minister believes that they require additional money for their work, not already included in the approved budget, they may make a request to the Church Administrator, who will forward the request to the Elders for consideration and ultimate approval.
Each budget item is allotted a line in the overall budget and purchases, expenses, and credits related to these lines are posted accordingly. Invoices (debits) and credits are then coded to those line items and paid from the funds within each ministry’s or expense line’s allowable budget.
FCC members are encouraged to give to the General Fund through their regularly planned tithes and offerings. If they wish to make a designated gift to a mission, ministry, or other specific purpose, they should not reduce their regular giving to do this. Such donations should be above and beyond the regular giving, as a lessening of regular giving can have an adverse effect on FCC’s ability to fund the regular church budget. Designated giving through FCC can only be given to FCC ministries or missions that have been approved by the Elders. Gifts that members wish to give to another entity must be given directly to that entity.
Should a FCC group wish to make a donation to missions or charities outside of FCC’s budget, they must have the Church Administrator’s authorization. Such gifts must be pre-approved by the Elders.
Any member or group may request the establishment of a designated fund by discussing the matter with the Church Administrator. All designated funds must be approved by the Elders. A proposed fund should meet the following criteria:
– be based upon Christian principles and be a genuine need
– receive a majority of its funds through a church or individual offerings
– be funded from offerings above regular giving
– not be established to circumvent church budget line items.
Address781 Windermere Dr
Clarksville, Tennessee 37043
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationRobbie Kubr Phone: (931) 368-0515 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Christian Church is seeking a full-time Children’s Minister to join our team. The Children’s Minister will work with a ministry team consisting of a senior minister, youth minister, and a part-time worship minister. This person will oversee all programming for children (birth-5th grade). The primary duty will be to organize, prepare, and execute engaging, biblically sound, children’s programming. Other key responsibilities will include equipping parents to disciple their children, connecting every child in the church with a caring, Christian adult, and maximizing new children’s ministry building to create an environment of discipleship, fun, and joy on Sunday mornings, reaching children at every age level within the church body. The new children’s ministry building will be ready for use later this summer.
Additional weekday programming will be completed as required to meet the organizational and spiritual growth goals of the staff and elders. Special activities such as VBS, Superstart, etc., are also important parts of this ministry.
Ideal candidates will have a 4-yr degree from a Restoration Movement college/university in Children’s Ministry or a related field. Candidates lacking the requisite education will be expected to have at least 3 years of successful Children’s Ministry experience.
Candidates must be able to grow and nurture teams to accomplish education and spiritual growth goals.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 references to the senior minister, Robbie Kubr at email@example.com. An official job description is available upon request.
Address3830 Columbus rd
Centerburg, Ohio 43011
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationTim Ellis Phone: (865) 850-6988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centerburg Church of Christ is a growing, family oriented church in central Ohio. We are seeking a student minister to work with grades 6-12 that will proactively engage the students and families in our community. While the position involves developing programs and events at the church we want someone who will minister and reach the students in our community. We are uniquely positioned both physically (next door) and relational with the local schools and see it as a mission field of ours. If you are interested in more details please contact us.
Address3908 Plainville Rd
Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
Contact InformationSarah Meggers Email: email@example.com
>> Apply HERE! <<
Weekly Attendance: 150
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Role: Next Generation Pastor
Meet Mariemont Community Church:
Our tagline is Learning to live and love in the Presence of Jesus. Most people think the Church is a building. That’s an accident of history and translation. When Jesus used the word, He meant “people called out,” so we are His people, called out of normal life to follow Him in an extraordinary adventure.
Jesus is the key leader at Mariemont and the reason we exist. He came to save us from our self-centered ways, sin, and rebellion. He is the unique and awesome God who laid His life down for us and to start a new humanity, and He took our punishment on Himself. It is only through Him that anyone can experience real life, now and forever.
We look at the Bible together to learn who Jesus is, what He did, why it matters, and how to obey. The Holy Spirit helps us walk out these things in our everyday life: at home, in the workplace, and in every area of life.
Everything we do as we follow Jesus is designed to honor His Father, who adopted us into His family through the power of the Holy Spirit.
About the Next Generation Pastor:
Mariemont Community Church is looking for a proven leader with experience in Students and Next Generation Ministry and a strong knowledge base in digital ministry. The ideal candidate will be someone who can create high-quality ministry programming and discipleship for students and families and has general oversight of the Children’s Ministry leaders and teams. He will also be responsible for leading and mobilizing the digital ministry across all departments at the church.
The ideal candidate will have a depth and maturity in Christ and a deep knowledge of the Word of God. He will be filled with the Spirit and be a proven disciple-maker. As requested, the Next Generation Pastor will also serve on the Teaching Team.
The Next Generation Pastor Will Be Accountable For:
- Growth in spiritual maturity as measured by an annual discipleship survey.
- Defining goals and measures for building strong students.
- Increasing small group participation among students.
- Quality of outcomes for children and youth discipleship.
- Leading and mobilizing Student Ministry.
- Leading and mobilizing digital ministry and the digital task force as a support to other MCC ministries.
- Leading outreach to the community (in-person and online) in areas of family and students.
- Supervising and supporting the Children’s Ministry and Children’s Minister.
- Adding significant value to the teaching ministry of the church.
What You Bring:
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position. While not required, a Master’s degree, Seminary degree, or further education or theological training is a great bonus for this position.
The ideal candidate will have at least three to ten years of ministry leadership experience.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
- Mature Spirit-filled believer who loves the Word and meets Biblical leadership qualifications.
- Practices Kingdom ministry and equipping of others in their spiritual gifts.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and preaching, creativity, and administration.
- A high personal capacity individual who thinks systemically and is well organized.
- Proven church ministry experience, ideally supplemented by marketplace experience.
- Track record of leadership reproduction.
- Proven disciple-maker, preferably with second-generation disciples.
Mariemont: What’s the Neighborhood Like?
Mariemont is one of but a few planned communities in the United States, with a rich and unique history that is the hallmark of the Village. The Village was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2007.
One of the first things visitors notice when arriving in the Village of Mariemont is its tree-lined streets, Tudor-style buildings, and historic charm. Designated as a National Historic Landmark community in 2007, Mariemont will remind visitors of the quaint English garden neighborhood from which it was modeled.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, visitors to the Village of Mariemont will find some of the most unique shops in the Greater Cincinnati area, ranging from clothing stores, the Mariemont Inn, Starbucks, the Dilly Deli, to services like the Framers Guild framing shop. The variety of restaurants offers anything from sandwiches to fine dining. No trip to Mariemont would be complete without a visit to Graeter’s Ice Cream Shop.
The historic Mariemont Inn offers updated rooms, and with its location on the Village Square, it is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants as well as the historic Mariemont Theatre, which has also been updated and expanded to include five screens. It is one of the few remaining neighborhood theaters located in the Cincinnati area.
The Mariemont Schools are excellent and include adjacent neighborhood Fairfax, which offers more moderately priced homes for those wanting to be close to the church and have access to quality public schools. The adjacent neighborhoods of Madison Place and Madisonville offer less expensive homes for those who homeschool or want to choose a private Christian school.
Voted one of the nation’s most “walkable” communities, the Village of Mariemont is home to 14 parks, including the South 80 Hiking and Biking Trail Park. Located along the banks of the National Scenic Little Miami River, visitors will enjoy the natural beauty and peaceful surroundings of this area, once the site of a Native American Village.
So whether you are looking for a quiet room for the night, great restaurants, a good movie, unique shops, or a walk in the woods, the Village of Mariemont has it all. Cincinnati is a fun, vibrant, sophisticated, entertaining, high-tech, compact, and urban city. Amidst the gently rolling hills along the Ohio River, the city spreads from the southwestern corner of Ohio into Northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. The city is located about mid-point on the shoreline of the 981-mile long Ohio River.
Cincinnati not only offers professional sports (the Cincinnati Bengals, Reds, and FC Cincinnati) but also a nationally-acclaimed theater district (off-Broadway plays, ballet, museums), and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical gardens.
>> Apply HERE! <<
Address4324 Richmond Road
Warsaw, Virginia 22572
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationNathan Jones Phone: (708) 870-4519 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rappahannock Church of Christ, a growing church of 500 attendees, is located on the beautiful Northern Neck peninsula of Virginia. Our congregation is as unique as the population of the Northern Neck. You’ll see jeans and t-shirts, suits and ties, and everything in between. You’ll see flat-tops, high-and-tight, long hair, short hair, and no hair! You’ll see that some of us are inked and some of us are too afraid of needles for tats. We’re just happy to serve a God who has a place where even misfits fit in.
From the very beginning, our church has devoted its energy toward building up the next generation. Ultimately, we are devoted to instilling in our Middle and High School Students a faith that lasts.
We are looking for a Student Minister who can partner with the families of RCofC to help instill a lasting faith in our teenagers.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus
- Humble and has a desire to learn
- Energetic and can connect well with Middle and High School Students
- Willing and excited about leading through volunteers, letting them and the students be the heroes
- Self-motivated and organized
- A strong communicator
- Passionate about instilling in our students a faith that lasts after High School
The Student Minister at RCofC will be responsible for…
- Overseeing and directing the Student Ministry at RCofC
- Planning and executing regular programming for Middle and High School students
- Recruiting, training, and developing Student Ministry volunteers
- Developing and implementing a process for getting students to serve throughout the church
- Partnering with parents and families in the faith-development of students
- Working and collaborating with the staff of RCofC
- Assisting with pastoral duties as needed (funerals, visitation, preaching, etc)
Address1115 Lincoln St
Norwood, Colorado 81423
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationDavis M Watson Phone: (970) 327-4221 Email: email@example.com
Norwood Christian Church is seeking a full-time minister who the Lord has prepared. The successful candidate will be replacing our retiring minister and will be serving alongside a group of Christian men and women who love and serve the Lord. Our church is in rural southwestern Colorado in a community of 1000+ individuals. Weekly Church attendance runs from 30 to 50 people. Please email your resume to Search Committee c/o Davis Watson – Elder, Norwood Christian Church. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Norwood Christian Church exists to develop intentional loving relationships with God and others; making disciples to deliver God’s Word from generation to generations.
Address187 Willow Drive
West Union, Ohio 45693
Weekly Attendance: 160
Contact InformationMaria Palm Phone: (937) 544-5502 Email: email@example.com
K-12 School Principal working as part of an administrative team.
- Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day school operations
- Manages school logistics
- Monitor and report on teacher performance
- Assist in reviewing and implementing school policies
- Provide guidance and counseling to teachers and support staff
- Handle school emergencies
- Organize school events and assemblies independently and in conjunction with the Superintendent as necessary
- Maintain effective discipline procedure for all students
- Provide discipline for the student body
- Ensure a safe and clean environment for students
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional development
- Additional roles as needed and determined in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Administrative Team
Posted: May 23, 2022
Address706 Morgan Street
Joliet, Illinois 60436
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationDale Hasselbring Phone: (815) 545-2068 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church in Joliet, IL is looking for a full time senior minister.
First Christian was established in 1897 as a Restoration Movement, independent,
New Testament Church and has launched five or six churches during its history,
some of which have grown to be more than 500 in attendance.
This is a great opportunity to be a senior minister and to help build up the
body of Christ here in Joliet. There are several churches in the area that are having
good growth and we see no reason why it can’t happen here. Our congregation is
currently not very large; however, you will not find a group of people more
dedicated to the Scriptures.
We do a traditional service every Sunday but would appreciate a
contemporary service as growth occurs. We are also a very mission minded
congregation with 30% of our annual income being given to the 12 missionaries
we support. We are looking for someone who has creative ideas to actively
evangelize and could lead us into doing local outreach for our community.
Salary for this position would be about $35,000 yearly and the use of a five
bedroom parsonage. We own our buildings, so our only expenses are the monthly
bills and the secretary and janitor we have on staff.
Please join us in praying that our Lord will lead us in finding the right man
for this important position. If there is anyone who is interested in serving this
congregation, they can send a resume
Via mail to First Christian Church
c/o Dale Hasselbring
706 Morgan Street
Joliet, IL 60436
Or email to email@example.com
For questions call
Or text Dale at 815-545-2068
Address2608 Neely Ave
Midland, Texas 79705
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationChris Sanford Phone: (502) 218-9081 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister to our children on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Must be good with children. Must be a committed Christian. This position can easily transform into a full time position because the potential for growth is exciting. All interested, qualified candidates please email the church secretary at email@example.com for more information and a more detailed explanation of the position
Address215 North Chestnut Street
Scottdale, Pennsylvania 15683
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationRick Shonkwiler Phone: (859) 653-0692 Email: Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org
OPEN- PREACHING PASTOR ROLE!
Scottdale Church of Christ in Scottdale, PA is in search of our next Preaching Pastor. We are looking for a preacher who provides spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members and serves as the spiritual leader of the church to fulfill its mission and purpose as taught in the Bible. Scottdale looks to bring a young minister in to help him grow in his preaching or a leader who is more established to help them grow in their outreach to the community. Salary is negotiable and parsonage is available.
Think you would be a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.
Email Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org with resume. Use “Scottdale” in the subject line.
Text 859.653.0692 for job description and more information. Leave your name and email.
Address1421 Beard Street
BEARDSTOWN, Illinois 62618
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationAshley Edwards Phone: (217) 323-1685 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois- Beardstown Christian Academy, a ministry of First Christian Church of Beardstown, IL, is seeking to fill the School Administrator Position. The school’s average enrollment is around 150 children from Pre-3 through12th grade. The primary responsibility for this position is to lead the school to accomplish its mission and supervise/oversee school personnel and activities. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and preferably three years of post-graduate experience in education, administration, or related field. Salary and benefits will be based upon education and experience. Interested applicants should email their résumé to email@example.com
Address2133 Berkey Avenue
Goshen, Indiana 46525
Weekly Attendance: 82
Contact InformationRick Shonkwiler Phone: (859) 653-0692 Email: Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org
OPEN- PREACHING MINISTER ROLE!
Goshen Christian Church, Goshen, IN is in search of our next Preaching Minister. We are looking for a preacher who provides spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members and serves as the spiritual leader of the church to fulfill its mission and purpose as taught in the Bible. Goshen looks to bring a young minister in to help him grow in his preaching or a leader who is more established to help them grow in their outreach to the community. He should be an authentic, honest, humble, and devoted leader to the church, locally and globally. Salary is negotiable and housing allowance is available.
Website is http://goshenchristianchurch.org/
Think you would be a great fit for this role? Become a candidate today.
Email Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org with resume. Use “Goshen” in the subject line.
Text 859.653.0692 for job description and more information. Leave your name and email.
Address1800 S. Chapel St.
Louisville, Ohio 44641-8988
Weekly Attendance: 275
Contact InformationRick Brown Phone: (330) 875-4155 Fax: (044) 641-8988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Louisville Christian Church in Louisville, OH is seeking a F/T middle school & high school Youth Minister. We have over 40 teens in our church of nearly 400. Our current Youth Minister will be moving into F/T Worship & Music ministry with the church. We also employ 2 P/T Children’s Ministry Directors.
The church is a dynamic, growing congregation located in NE Ohio. Most of the growth the last few years has been families in child-raising years. Our leadership is dedicated to biblical principles, yet progressive regarding methodology. Growth and disciple-making are the goals of our leadership.
Qualifications include: Ministry degree, and commitment to Restoration Movement doctrine and principles. Experience is preferred.
Salary is negotiable, and dependent on experience and family need.
A full job description will be made available in the interview process.
Please send inquires and a resume to: email@example.com
CSRM (REMOTE POSITION)
MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: CSRM Executive Director
The Director of Development of the association of Church Sports & Recreation Ministers (CSRM) will ensure CSRM achieves its Vision, by maintaining its focus on its Mission.
The Director of Development must be passionate about CSRM’s Vision/Mission and the Vision/Mission of CSRM must be the driving force behind the Director’s energy, enthusiasm and excitement. The Director will lead, serve, challenge, equip and inspire the staff, Board of Trustees, Staff and Volunteers to accomplish the Vision/Mission of CSRM through his/her administrative and organizational leadership.
OVERALL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Direct the annual fund program, capital campaigns and other fundraising drives and events including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the CSRM with the community.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Attend all staff and board meetings and other strategic meetings/conferences/gatherings
- A growing Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Manifested by regular, personal Spiritual-Growth & Christ-Honoring lifestyle
- An active member of a local church
- Manifested in weekly attendance of her home church or a church being served
- Have an active role in a local church Sports Outreach Ministry
- Manifested by regular involvement as a consultant, volunteer leader or participant
- Personally involved in Evangelistic-Disciplemaking
- Manifested by maintaining and actively pursuing an “Andrew List”
- Manifested by personally discipling other Christians
- Maintains a healthy personal ethos:
- Marriage and family
- Interpersonal relationships
- Maintains a healthy work environment
- Team player
- Leads by example
- Willingness to serve others
- Exhibits a humble spirit and an ability to receive and give constructive criticism
- Out of the box” thinker
- Creates a loving, open and honoring atmosphere for all staff
- Maintains healthy & growing staff and volunteers (if this applies) by being a positive influence as
- Spiritual Director
- Maintains healthy Supervisor and Peer relationships by:
- Supporting all peers in prayer and through demonstrated deeds and words
- Remaining loyal to all CSRM staff
- Maintains healthy relationships with the broader Sports, Recreation, and Fitness Outreach Movement & Community through
- Possessing and/or developing “natural” meet the public skills
- Personal Sincerity and Integrity
- Relating easily to all bodies politic
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership/Administration/Evangelism/Discipleship/Teaching
- A minimum of 5 years in working with Sports and Recreation Outreach Ministries (preferred)
- BA or BS (Required) or M.B.A. (Preferred) in Leadership; Organization; Administration; Personnel; Management; Sports Outreach Ministry; Sports Management; Ministry; Communications; Marketing; or other related areas
- Respected within the Sports, Recreation, and Fitness Outreach Movement, Administration/Management and/or wider Church community
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit
- Demonstrated ability to utilize traditional and technological communications tools
- Demonstrated success in leading with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated success in leading nonprofit faith-based organizations
The Executive Director reports to the CSRM Board of Trustees
All other CSRM staff report to the Executive Director
The Director of Development will not:
- Commit CSRM resources not allocated or approved by the Board of Trustees in the budgeting process
- Fail to keep the CSRM Executive Director abreast of all critical issues and decisions relating to his area of responsibility
- Fail to support the Vision/Mission/Strategy of CSRM as it is overseen by the Board of Trustees
- Use this position to pursue self interests or those of outside groups or individuals
- Fail to adhere to all CSRM policies and procedures in carrying out the responsibilities of this position
Grade Level: Director Level – salary raised through acquisition of gifts, donations, grants, and foundations
For first $100,000 raised per fiscal year
50% – General Budget
40% – Director’s Salary Budget Line
10% – Director’s Expense Budget Line
For funds raised above $100,000 per fiscal year
40% – General Budget
50% – Director’s Salary Budget Line
10% – Director’s Expense Budget Line
Additional funding is available through the following:
- CSRM Network churches and contacts
- Telos Processing and Amazon Smiles initiatives
- Windfall Fundraising
Address20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, Pennsylvania 17744
Contact InformationBonnie Williams Phone: (570) 322-9940 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lycoming Christian Church is seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults. The individual needs a Christian College degree who can work in cooperation with the leadership team to encourage spiritual growth in our church family and especially with the children, youth, and young adults. The individual would create activities and develop programs for teens to promote fun, fellowship, and spiritual development as well as planning, developing, coordinating, and implementing programs for younger children. To receive an application and information packet, please send your request to email@example.com or a request letter to:
Lycoming Christian Church
Attn: Bonnie Williams
20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, PA 17744
The application deadline is July 31, 2022.