The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jun 21, 2018
Address315 Main Street
Russell Springs, Kentucky 42642
Weekly Attendance: 86
Contact InformationChris Peters Phone: (270) 866-5591 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell Springs Christian Church
Advertisement for Youth Director
Russell Springs Christian Church, an Independent Christian church in Russell Springs, KY, is currently seeking a full-time youth director/minister (title dependent upon ordination status). This position could also be part-time for a college student. The youth director will oversee our nursery, children’s ministry, and youth programs. Primary teaching responsibility will be with the junior/senior high school youth group. Qualified candidates should have a bachelor’s degree (or working towards one), and preference will be given to those with theological education. Experience in youth and children’s ministries in a Christian Church setting is preferred.
For a full job description, application instructions, and to learn about our church, please visit
Address3600 Blackburn Ave
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
Contact InformationJoey Kennedy Phone: (606) 923-4969 Email: email@example.com
Old Orchard Christian Church is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry. This staff person will develop ministries for children (birth-5th grade), in the church and to the wider community, to help children experience the love of Christ. The Director of Children’s Ministry will oversee every aspect of the children’s ministry. This position will start as a part time position but it is is our prayer that it becomes full time!! Applicants must absolutely love Jesus and children!! If you don’t have a passion for developing and investing in children and helping to lay a foundation of faith that they can build their life on then this is not the position for you. Qualifications for applicants are first and foremost you must be a publicly confessed believer of Jesus and been obedient to His command to be baptized. Secondly, you must be striving to grow in your faith daily by being in God’s Word. Thirdly, you must LOVE kids and kids ministry!! If you meet all afore mentioned qualifications then we would love to meet you! College degree and ministry experience is great but not as important to us as the first three mentioned qualifications. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Jun 20, 2018
Rochester, New York
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Phone: (614) 551-3989 Email: email@example.com
Harvest Bible Chapel Rochester is a young and vibrant church located near the heart of Rochester, NY and is looking to add a full-time Worship Pastor to their ministry team. The Worship Pastor will help carry out the mission of Harvest Rochester as he gives leadership to all aspects of musical worship. The heart of this role is to encourage and shepherd God’s people to worship God in spirit and truth as well as develop and train leaders from within the ministry. Harvest is a church that exists for one purpose: to glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission. To put it simply: Harvest Rochester exists to make disciples God’s way. The right person will be able to thrive in the culture of Harvest and strive to further the mission of the church.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to and works closely with the Senior Pastor
- Responsible for leading and managing the Worship & Media teams
- Lead, shepherd and develop the volunteers within the Worship & Media teams
- Worship service planning along with the Senior Pastor
- Worship leading on weekends, prayer meetings, and other events
- Actively seeks to raise up and mentor new leaders
- Willingness to take on other responsibilities as needed
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Authentic lifestyle demonstrating consistent character and spiritual growth
- Passionate pursuit of holiness
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- A commitment to excellence
- Agreement with Harvest Rochester’s doctrinal statement (found at www.harvestroc.org)
- A passion for the Lord over other giftedness
- A multiplying disciple maker
- A calling to shepherd, not simply lead worship
- A Christ-like self-sacrificing love for the Local Church
- A sense of calling to serve God and those He calls to be part of our church family
- An unswerving desire to serve alongside the staff
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and leadership of Harvest Rochester
- Supportive Spouse (if married)
- Strong musical skills, preferably on guitar
- Strong collaborative skills, able to bring out the best of the musical skills of God’s people
- Exceptional relational skills
- Organized and detailed
- Highly motivated
- Leadership gifts
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
2+ in a pastoral/shepherding role, paid or unpaid
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
An eye for Stage Design and Lighting, with the talent to do it or the ability to direct those who do
An ear for sound engineering
An eye for graphic design and video elements, with the talent to do create them or the ability to direct those who do
SOFTWARE & TOOLS PREFERRED:
ProPresenter, Planning Center, Ableton
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE here: http://frootgroup.com/hr1240503181
To apply, send your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Jun 19, 2018
Address1989 Struble Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationChurch Office Phone: (513) 825-0232 Email: email@example.com
New Burlington Church of Christ (Cincinnati, OH) is seeking a part-time minister who is willing to work with leadership and membership of the congregation in an effort to reach the lost and bring growth to the church. Must have a Bible College degree, 2 years of ministry experience, and commitment to the goals and principles of the Restoration Movement. While the church can only offer a part-time salary (and parsonage) at the current time, our goal is to advance to a point where the minister will be paid for full time service. A minister who can supplement his income or who may be interested in pursuing a graduate degree at a Cincinnati Bible Seminary. Current church attendance is regularly in the 40’s. Interested candidates please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1989 Struble Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231.
Address107 West Street
Waldron, Michigan 49288
Weekly Attendance: 22
Contact InformationCarol Newcomer Phone: (517) 458-2365 Email: email@example.com
SE Michigan church in small rural town of Waldron is seeking a minister with a servant’s heart to replace their retiring minister. Applicant must be committed to principles of the Restoration Movement, must have the ability to teach God’s Word effectively, and relate well to people of all ages. We are a small group of loving people who are striving to grow spiritually and numerically. In addition to the regular Sunday morning service, we have a weekly ladies’ Bible study group and a weekly after-school program for elementary school children. We are debt free and provide a three or four bedroom parsonage in addition to a good salary for a younger or older couple. A man with a family may need to supplement his income.
Posted: Jun 18, 2018
Address4359 E. Bauman Lane
Batavia, Ohio 45103
Weekly Attendance: 800+
Contact InformationKen Hudson Phone: (513) 315-2763 Email: KenHudson@cometothecrossing.com
Position DescriptionThe student pastor at The Crossing Church will have a unique opportunity to develop and lead the ministry to 6th – 12th grade students in a fast-growing church on the east side of Cincinnati.The Crossing started out of a burden to reach the people churches in the area weren’t reaching and that burden is still at our foundation. In the short 7 years of being a church, God has shown us His mighty hand. Since our start, we’ve grown to a weekly worship attendance of 800+. In 2017 alone, we experienced 30% growth. We’ve seen lives changed, our community impacted, and we believe God is just getting started with us.To learn more and apply, please visit https://cometothecrossing.com/student-pastor-opening/.
Posted: Jun 14, 2018
Address56 Foss Way
Troy, Ohio 45373
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationAmanda McGowan Phone: (937) 332-0041 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
True Life Community Church in Troy, Ohio seeks a full-time Pastor of Family Ministries to join our team. The Pastor of FM is first an advocate for the young (Children and Students) because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and experienced in Christian Life, and providing guidance to parents because they are in the greatest position to influence the young.
The areas of responsibility will be oversight of the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their parents. The Pastor will work closely with the Lead Pastor and adult discipleship leaders to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that young people have spiritual mentors when their parent(s) cannot be the model. The Pastor of Family Ministries would also develop relational, engaging ministries to children and youth, ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next, keep ministry leaders connected to the homes so parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children, as well as expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating living Christian faith through the relational interaction between pastor, leaders and the young.
The Pastor of Family Ministries would be supported by the leaders in nursery, preschool, elementary, middle and high school ministries. By solidifying our youth based programming and incorporating a multigenerational approach, TLC will be able to offer a cohesive environment that complements both church and home learning. It is important to encourage intergenerational connections that help young and adults recognize how God is working in the whole family of God. This position will facilitate strong bonds within families, and connect them with other families in the community.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Strong planning skills with organizational emphasis. Management and leadership abilities with demonstrated advanced oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of youth educational medium, literature and teaching methods. Planning, leadership, and teacher training skills are essential. Must have the ability to relate to and effectively lead staff and volunteer workers and must have a pleasant and understanding attitude in dealing with partners of the congregation. Individual talents and interests will also be welcomed as an asset to the team and other ministries.
Graduate of an accredited Christian college with an emphasis in education. It is highly desirable that they be commissioned or licensed by a local church. Previous management experience combined with three years’ experience in a similar position is necessary.
Full Time Expectations:
- 40 hours plus 4 hours of volunteer service
- All staff must be a tithing unit
- All staff must be a part of a life group
- All staff must live a life worthy of the call
- All full-time staff required at monthly leadership meetings
- Student Ministry (50%)
- Children’s Ministry (30%)
- Family Ministry (10%)
- Administrative (10%)
$38,000 – $45,000 with benefits based on experience.
Address185 Old Jonesboro Road
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Contact InformationWilliam Arnold Phone: (330) 317-4062 Email: email@example.com
E5 Church Staffing is pleased to announce an opening for a FT Associate Minister for First Christian Church Abingdon, in Abingdon, Virginia.
Abingdon is a stable community of approximately 10,000 in Southwestern Virginia surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. Abingdon is known as a wilderness playground and experiences strong annual tourism for those seeking beautiful and serene getaways.
First Christian Church is an established church that averages between 150-200 on a normal Sunday. FCC has recently experienced significant growth among young families in it’s congregation and is seeking a full-time Associate Minister to oversee the youth and young adults. While this role will currently be focused on the youth, the hope would be that this person is willing and able to step into the Sr. Minister role in the near future as the current Sr. Minister nears retirement.
The Associate Minister’s primary responsibilities will be coordinating the Youth and Young Adult Ministries of FCC. First Christian Church considers themselves a relationship oriented church. They prefers candidates that adhere to a ministry philosophy of recruiting and developing a strong volunteer base and leadership pipeline so that all parts of the body are participating in the ministry of the church and not just the staff.
Success in this role will be measured primarily through the relationships the Associate Minister builds with those in the congregation and as a result the retention of the youth and young families as First Christian Church continues to push forward in it’s mission “Loving God by bringing people to Christ and making mature disciples that are faithful to the word of God and that help meet the needs of of others.”
The Associate Minister will work closely with the Sr. Minister and report to the elders. Any secondary responsibilities will be coordinated with the Sr. Minister depending on the gifts and passions of the candidate. There will be additional opportunities if desired to preach, participate in pastoral care, champion a first impressions ministry and coordinate outreach.
A college degree is preferred but not required for this position. Experience can be substituted for education. First Christian Church is most interested in applicants that are “people-persons” that interact well with others. Non-traditional candidates are welcome to apply. The current Sr. Minister was a non-traditional applicant so please don’t hesitate to submit an application if you have experience but not the traditional requirements.
Salary range is flexible and DOE in the 35,000 range.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to respond to every application. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your submission, you have not been chosen to move forward in the search process.
Posted: Jun 13, 2018
Address909 W Spring Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationJeff Dotterer Email: email@example.com
The Senior Pastor will lead the congregation by teaching and preaching the Scriptures as the Word of God and its application to life in our context. He will engage church members and utilize resources in pursuit of an agreed, God-directed vision and will giving administrative oversight to paid staff and ministry teams.
The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Elder Board, who in turn are guardians of faith, mission, values, and vision. The Senior Pastor will oversee strategic planning, staff, departments, ministry team and resources. Oversight includes support, encouragement, direction, mentoring, accountability and defense.
The Senior Pastor will recognize the high visibility of his life and live as an example to believers in spiritual devotion, moral and ethical behavior.
The role is more fully described in the church policies for the Senior Pastor and the Elder Board.
- Experience in supervising paid staff and volunteers
- Effective communication skills, including preaching, teaching and written
- Experience with leadership development and strategic planning
- Preparation and management of ministry plans and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field
- Previous experience as a Senior Pastor
- Degree or training beyond Bachelor’s degree
- Provide biblically-based preaching and teaching that is engaging, persuasive, and applicable
- Ensure that teaching in Sunday school, youth groups, small groups, etc. aligns with sound doctrine and our statement of faith
The Senior Pastor is expected to be personally involved in providing Pastoral care to the congregation, but is not expected to be the sole provider.
- Engage the congregation through personal contact beyond Sunday morning
- Attend and support church functions
- Provide a sense of stability in leadership
- Be available with an empathetic response to crisis or counseling situations that arise
- Hold the staff accountable to standards of excellence in ministry practice
- Supervise and work with church staff and ministry teams
- Evaluate paid staff annually including a review of compensation. Present budgets to the Elder Board as part of the annual budget request process
- Inform the Elder Board of any relevant trends, church issues, needs, external or internal changes or problems that could affect the ministry positively or negatively
- Lead searches for the hiring of paid staff. Recommend hirings and dismissals of staff when needed with approval of the Elder Board
How to Apply
Contact: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications received prior to July 31, 2018 will be given priority.
First Church of Christ is a multi-generational, New Testament congregation located in Bluffton, Indiana. The mission of First Church of Christ is to lead generations into a life-changing, ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe in preaching and following God’s Word as it is written without adding man-made traditions or rules.
In October 2017, we hired Interim Pastor Ministries who provided us with an interim Senior Pastor that led us through a transition process. The process included looking back, looking around and looking forward as well as updating our church mission statement, core values, and policies.
First Church of Christ is a family-oriented church with ministries for children, youth, and adults. We encourage participation in small groups that meet during the week to reinforce Sunday teachings as well as grow deeper Christ-centered relationships. Worship Ministry is present to lead the body of Christ in expressions of their adoration to God through singing, instruments, drama and other arts. Lastly, Missions Ministry is dedicated to loving people through allocating a portion of our offerings as well as our congregation’s time and efforts to mission work outside of the church.
Posted: Jun 12, 2018
Address103 West Main Street
Wingate, Indiana 47994
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationDuane L. Mycroft Phone: (765) 401-4410 Email: email@example.com
We are a Restoration Christian Church which 40 years ago came out of the Methodist Organization. New Hope Chapel has only had 2 pastors in the last 25 years. New Hope is a strong, young congregation with a membership of 150. A strong Youth Program and a Preschool. The individual, which pastor at New Hope Chapel, must be willing to work making calls and being involved in the lives of the congregation and the youth events. New Hope Chapel is a Farm Related Congregation with strong roots and commitment in the community for members as well as non-members.
New Hope Chapel is a biblically strong and supportive congregation.
Posted: Jun 8, 2018
Address2212 Cortland Street
Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
Weekly Attendance: 140
Contact InformationChad Grondin Phone: (540) 949-8670 Email: Chad@westwaynesboro.com
We are seeking someone to serve as our Youth Minister or Youth Director. If hired as a Youth Minister, this person would also serve as an Associate Minister, preaching occasionally.
The youth minister serves as a spiritual leader and resource person in administering, leading, developing and coordinating a comprehensive program of Christian education for all youth (ages 2-18). While we understand that the youth minister cannot do everything, they are expected to have oversight of the entire youth program.
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that directly correlates to a minimum of at least an Associates degree in Divinity, Ministry, Bible Study or Theology, or other related field of study from an accredited Bible College, University or Seminary, associated with the Restoration Movement.
Experience is preferred, but will consider each candidate on a case by case basis. Submit resume and any other information that you feel would be helpful to the church address OR email to Chad@westwaynesboro.com.
Address1750 McQueeney Road
New Braunfels, Texas 78131
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationAlbert Houk Phone: (830) 620-7174 Email: pastorsearchCCC@sbcglobal.net
While we are a small congregation our community is one of the fastest growing in Texas. We are looking for a man who is gifted in evangelism to help us reach our city.
Posted: Jun 7, 2018
Address3638 Middle Urbana Rd.
Springfield, Ohio 45502
Weekly Attendance: 1200
Contact InformationJennifer Snyder Phone: (937) 399-1000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCC is a multi-generational church in Springfield, Ohio, with a mission of helping people find and follow Jesus. We seek to live out our mission by transforming our world one family at time by targeting men, investing in women and engaging the next generation.
Middle School Minister
The Middle School Minister at FCC walks alongside our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students as they figure out who they are and who God intended them to be. You will disciple them as they learn to own their own faith and value a faith community.
- FCC utilizes Orange curriculum to assist our children’s ministries from birth through 8th You will have the opportunity to attend an annual Orange conference in order to remain current on curriculum
- Cultivate relationships with parents that promote spiritually healthy homes
- Develop a core volunteer team. Identify, recruit and equip your team to compliment and assist you with the ministry
- Develop in students a commitment to spiritual disciplines: prayer, scripture memory, journaling, etc.
- Promote student involvement in 5th-8th grade Sunday morning worship
- Encourage students to participate in church camp (Butler Springs Christian Assembly)
- Develop and launch regular social and outreach events for all grades
- Encourage involvement with our mission partners and create opportunities for students to serve
- Utilize FCC’s attendance platform for recording student attendance
- Lead 5th and 6th grade students in FCC’s “I Am His” program which consists of a deeper dive into scripture and memorization
- Lead 7th and 8th grade small groups
- Pastoral care duties
- Serve in adult service periodically as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A committed and growing relationship with Jesus fueled daily by time in His word and prayer
- A commitment to the personal conduct of a leader as described in Timothy, Titus and the rest of scripture; including integrity in finances, relationships, time management and communication
- Initiative to go above and beyond expectations driven by a desire to work as for the Lord rather than men. This initiative is also to be guided by respect for the family in which God has placed you; respecting the culture, values, structure, roles and individuals of the team
- Honoring God by honoring His mission to help people find and follow Jesus
Knowledge of spiritual formation in preteen and teenagers essential. Demonstrated experience in successful volunteer recruitment, leadership, and training; experience in team building, vision casting, and an excellent working knowledge of the Bible.
- Two or four year degree from an accredited college; bachelor degree from an accredited Bible college is preferred
- At least three years’ experience in student ministry is preferred
- Experience with ProPresentor is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time management, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Technical experience desired
- At FCC, we are a family on a mission to help people find and follow Jesus. The joy of finding Him is still fresh in our hearts and we are continually pursuing the adventure of following Him. If you desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself, and you feel called to serve vocationally in this mission, we invite you to pray about the above position and contact us.
Address194 Robins Rest Rd.
Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationCaleb Penwell Phone: (304) 325-8520 Email: email@example.com
Position: Student Life Minister
Full time salary
Maple View Church of Christ is seeking a Student Life minister that will coordinate, lead and direct the ministries of their Jr and Sr. High. The position will also include laying the foundation for a new ministry with young adults. One of the main goals for the Student life minister will be to create a transition process that leads youth through each stage of life and merges them smoothly into the adult ministry. Part of the ministry creation process will thus need to include a plan to create symmetry with the adult ministry in mission, vision and motivational beliefs. Because of the program development aspects of this ministry experience in building a new ministry program is a plus. A personal desire to grow in ministry and move on from youth into an associate position in the future is considered a plus as the goals for the ministry is expansion and eventual splitting of the ministry into two positions of youth and young adults.
Job Summary: The hope of this ministry is that it will accomplish 3 goals. One you are able to help young people connect to worshiping God in worship, prayer and giving. Two, you help young people connect to the church, serve in the church and grow in the word together and with the church as a whole. Three help our young people to be examples to those younger than them, reach their community and take interest in telling the world about Jesus. In all this we want you to be a person that Put’s Jesus Love Into Action Everywhere you represent MVCC.
The church is located between Princeton and Bluefield WV, the area has 3 different colleges, and is located next to the area Mall. MVCC has in place an administrative assistant, children’s director, media minister and senior minister at the current time. The church attendance is 250 with excellent facilities and lots of technology and media resources at your disposal. We have an excellent Band and great worship facility which you can check out on Facebook, our website or by going to your app store and looking up maple view church.
Please include – a resume with all previous ministry positions as well as contact information for each position and 3 additional references. A sample of public speaking abilities is a plus.
Compensation based on experience and position.
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or our address care of Caleb Penwell
Posted: Jun 5, 2018
AddressPO Box 73
Sharpsburg, Kentucky 40374
Weekly Attendance: 30-35
Contact InformationGerald Oney Phone: (606) 247-2691 Email: email@example.com
Sharpsburg Christian Church is looking for a full time minister. Sharpsburg is a rural community about 45 miles East of Lexington, Kentucky. The position requires someone to provide sermons to a congregation of 30 -35 members and teaching bible study lessons weekly to 15-20 attendees. The church building is old but very well maintained and is equipped with modern electronic equipment. This small church is financially sound and offers pay commensurate with other local area churches. The current minister is retiring to Florida after serving this church for the past three years. Please send resume to Jerry Oney, PO Box 73, Sharpsburg, KY 40374 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jerry can also be reached at phone 606-247-2691.