The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 25, 2018
Address16707 Hwy 45
Louisville, Illinois 62858
Weekly Attendance: 450-500
Contact InformationGary Barbee Phone: (618) 665-3280 Email: email@example.com
Do you love students? Do you have a passion for the future of the Church? Do you love the idea of partnering with parents in raising up the next generation? Are you a developer with a true passion for taking things to the next level? Does spending your days working for a cause bigger than yourself make your heart beat? Are you interested in helping a Christ-centered, gospel sharing church make disciples and impact its community?
Red Brush’s Student Minister will be responsible for the oversight and implementation of all Student Ministry (Middle and High school) efforts for Red Brush Christian Church. The main areas of emphasis will be Leading Life Change, Programming, Development of Life Groups, Volunteer Team Building, and Parent Partnerships. This person will be a high capacity, servant-hearted leader who is highly productive and pastorally motivated.
The Position: The Student Minister is responsible for the ministry efforts with our 6th-12th grade students. This includes developing and managing volunteer leaders, teaching, planning, and programming geared towards the goal of transforming young lives into young adults who will live for Jesus.
Red Brush Vision Statement: Red Brush Christian Church exists to prepare people for Christ’s return by serving God and loving others.
Position Purpose: To provide spiritual and organizational leadership for RBCC Student Ministry. The Student Minister is called to oversee a meaningful, consistent, and purposeful ministry that will effectively lead students towards the next step of their spiritual development and life change.
Cultural Description of RBCC
- RBCC is located in rural America; a wholesome farming community
- RBCC is a family church with a progressive growth mindset (currently 450-500 in attendance)
- Full time staff includes Lead Min, Admin Min, Worship Min, Pastoral Min, Office Asst. Facilities Manager.
- Part time staff includes Pre-school Min, Elementary Min, Office Asst.
Five Essential Areas of Qualification:
- Ministry Experience & Education:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Youth Ministry, Religion, or Biblical studies (extensive ministry experience in some cases can be substituted for this requirement)
- Possess 3-5 years of ministry experience with students
- Experience in serving or leading a week of church camp
- Experience in leading a group of 50+ students
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively through preaching and teaching Ability to plan and/or oversee all student ministry programs and events
- Experience in recruitment, scheduling, Curriculum selection and implementation, as well as Communication,
- Ability to develop adult volunteers and unify them on a set vision.
- Determine and implement retreat/camp/mission trip experiences for students
- Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a personable and teachable spirit demonstrated by a willingness to grow and learn
- Possess and display a strong work ethic and ability to be self-motivated
- A self-starter mindset with attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- Ability to work alongside other staff members – mindset of humility and unity
- Ability to know when to have fun and when to be the responsible adult
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to deal with a variety of people in different situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Spiritual Expectations
- Be a person of Christian Character – Possess the qualifications listed in I Tim. 3:1-7
- Model a life of integrity and Christ- likeness to the students and youth coaches. (speech, life, love faith and purity)
- Approach ministry with a dependence upon God through prayer
- Spiritual maturity that understands the relational boundaries with students
- Gifts and Passions
- Unconditional love for kids and students
- Heart for the lost – outreach driven
- Heart to serve and encourage others
- Heart for making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Heart for helping the church grow
- Agreement with RBCC’s Statement of Faith (attached)
- Agreement with the Christian Church Doctrine (Restoration Movement)
- Agreement with the Biblical teaching concerning cultural issues
- Agreement with the discipline of tithing
- Agreement that God’s Word is the authority for determining truth
Bonus Ministry Experience
- Experience leading college age students
- Ability to speak Spanish would be a plus, but not necessary
- Completed a student ministry internship
- Familiarity with the Think Orange Philosophy
- Being a Family Church, our preference is a Married Candidate
Supervision: The Student Minister serves under the auspices of the Elders of Red Brush Christian Church. This position directly reports to the Administrative Minister but is also under the supervision of the Lead Minister.
Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience and education.
- Parsonage is provided
- Health Insurance stipend
Posted: May 24, 2018
Address1630 Joe Goldsborough Rd
Smyrna, Delaware 19977
Contact InformationMr Jim Marr, Administrator Phone: (302) 653-4556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Smyrna Christian School is a growing, non-denominational, Christ-centered school serving a diverse community in Smyrna, DE. The school ministers to students in Pre-School through 8th grade. Smyrna Christian School is searching for a qualified Elementary Teacher who is familiar with the Abeka curriculum and is an active member of a Restoration Movement church.
Address3030 Virginia Avenue
Collinsville, Virginia 24078
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationYouth Director Search Committee Phone: (276) 647-8285 Email: email@example.com
Stone Memorial Christian Church is looking to hire a youth director. While the person chosen will work primarily with our middle and high school students, the position encompasses the servanthood of all who seek Christ. They should be prepared to serve the church– from seniors to infants.
What we believe: The Stone Memorial Christian Church believes in the deity and Lordship of Jesus Christ, the inspiration of the Bible, and the autonomy of the local congregations. Following the basic principles of the “Restoration Movement”, we accept and teach believer’s baptism into Christ for the forgiveness of sins; we assemble for worship on the first day of the week, making the observance of the Lord’s Supper a focal point in our worship. We seek the unity of all believers on the basis of faith in and obedience to Christ as the divine Son of God and the acceptance of the New Testament as the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. Our position in the religious world has been expressed in such time-honored slogans as these: “Where the Scriptures speak, we speak, and where the Scriptures are silent, we are silent,” and “No creed but Christ, no book but the Bible, no plea but the gospel, and no name but the divine.”
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide spiritual counseling and direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive youth ministry strategy (including youth volunteer opportunities, youth conferences, developing and exploring youths’ relationship with Christ and what it means to be a follower of Christ)
- Keep parents, Senior Minister, and Church Board updated on ministry strategies, as well as plan and organize events for youth in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create an intentionally intergenerational culture, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries
- Other duties as required
- Participate in weekly one hour one-on-one mentoring by the Senior Minister and/or Elder(s) for encouragement, direction, support, and continued challenge for growth
- Attend all worship services, regular programing, and special events, unless prior arrangements with Senior Minister are made
- Grow existing youth programs while incorporating unchurched youth participants/families from the surrounding community
- Present monthly ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the church board
- Participate in annual/semi-annual performance review
- Preach to the general congregation on occasion
Education, experience, and salary:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience working with youth required
- Salary will be competitive locally and commensurate with education/experience
- First year of employment will be probationary, to be renewed at the one year mark with positive performance review from Elders and Senior Minister
Please submit your letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address1055 Sherman Mt. Zion Rd.
Dry Ridge, Kentucky 41035
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationTim Seevers Phone: (859) 428-1661 Email: email@example.com
We are currently looking for a part time worship minister who will utilize our current musicians and vocalists but will serve as leader for our contemporary worship hour. The position currently will be for 12-15 hours per week which will include a practice time as well as our worship time.
Posted: May 23, 2018
Address703 W Spring St.
Brownstown, Indiana 47220
Weekly Attendance: 330
Contact InformationMitchell McIntyre Phone: (812) 358-4172 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead children and their families to follow Jesus.
- Develop vision for ministry
- Invite, train, and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry.
- Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
- Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Children’s Ministry Leaders in order to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Follow up and train people that are interested in volunteering with children’s ministry.
- Lead creative team meetings with the appropriate people in order to implement the curriculum on Sunday mornings.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Recognize first-time guests by making contact with them the following week.
- Oversee communication between the church, children and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for children ages birth through 6th grade.
- Oversee the setup and operation of ministry environments on Sunday morning, including check-in, classes and areas, security, check-out, setup, and tear down.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget, and plan select special events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Create a children’s ministry “brand” within Brownstown Christian Church, including a name, theme, décor, graphics, website, etc.
Posted: May 22, 2018
Address9947 S. County Road 0
Clayton, Indiana 46118
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationFred Glover Phone: (317) 373-2157 Email: email@example.com
The primary role of the Sr. Minister at HCC is to shepherd the church through biblical visionary leadership, creative biblical teaching, and strategic planning to develop passionate followers of Jesus Christ.
Address1476 W 300 S
Franklin, Indiana 46131
Weekly Attendance: 600
Contact InformationMatt Dillman Phone: (317) 878-4670 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Haven is a growing church located 30 minutes south of Indianapolis. We are a thriving multi-generational church committed to transforming lives in our community. We average 600 people in our 3 Sunday morning worship hours. All 3 worship services are contemporary services designed to help people encounter the Almighty God. The Preaching Minister will lead the other staff members: 5 ministerial staff and 2 support staff in executing Fair Haven’s vision & mission. We are looking for someone who has a love for God, love for people, and a commitment to building God’s kingdom in our community and beyond. For more information about the church, position, and how to apply please go to our search webpage at http://www.fairhavencc.org/preachingminister/.
Posted: May 21, 2018
AddressPO Box 807
Sunbury, Ohio 43074
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Phone: (614) 551-3989 Email: email@example.com
Connect Christian Church is a vibrant, growing church on the eastside of Cincinnati, 15 minutes from downtown. We are committed to bold, visionary steps to connect more and more people to Jesus! We are seeking a highly engaging, talented and visionary worship pastor to lead our church into the presence of God each Sunday. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading people in worship, fueled by a personal devotion to growing in Christ and a desire to reach the lost. Leadership is key. As a full-time staff member, this person will be at the table for critical decisions. He/she must be able to thrive in a team environment and must be able to champion the vision and mission of Connect.
For the full job description and more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE here: http://frootgroup.com/cc1240214181
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddressPO Box 807
Sunbury, Ohio 43074
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Phone: (614) 551-3989 Email: email@example.com
First Baptist Church is located in Medina, Ohio and is made up of people from many different backgrounds. Everything we do–Sunday services, Lifegroups, Children’s Ministry and more–is designed to connect people to Jesus, grow in their faith, and serve the community of Medina.
We are looking for a full time Worship Pastor who will be an authentic, Spirit-led worshiper of Jesus, who can create an engaging worship environment that connects our church to the Lord.
For the full job description and more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE here: http://frootgroup.com/fb1240314181To apply, send your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address2240 East Calumet Street
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationAnthony Sweeney Email: email@example.com
Job title: Youth Minister
Reports to: Senior Minister/EldersJob purpose:
Lead and maintain a ministry that gives the opportunity to each of our students to develop a growing relationship with Christ.
- Create a ministry minded environment that reaches youth of all maturity levels, backgrounds, and interests.
- Create a ministry that is self-sustaining, utilizing volunteers and other resources.
- Create a ministry that produces mature disciples of Christ which are defined by: Desire to know God more–consistent prayer life, scripture reading, and service, Active church involvement, Prepared to defend their faith, Ability to share their faith.
Duties and responsibilities
- This person will maintain a growing and active personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- This would be a person who is committed to and passionate about youth ministry.
- Relational and effective communicator: (a) Provides a calendar of upcoming events for student, parents, Staff, and Elders. (b) Comes along side parents and provide training, resources, learning opportunities to help them in growing and guiding their children
- Responsibly for Nursery to 12th Grade
- Teach and preach at various gatherings not limited to youth gatherings.
- Have a healthy balance of fun and depth to all parts of ministry.
- Maintain regular programming, events, and discipleship opportunities (counseling, small groups, mentoring relationships with youth sponsors etc.) toward these goals
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Establish goals and objectives
- Work with Children’s ministry in mission, goals, transition, and continuity
- Work with lead pastor, staff, & elders to maintain unified vision overall.
- Be a presence in the school system where youth attend.
- Conducts weddings and funerals when requested.
- Maintain the budget with the treasurer.
- Other duties as requested.
This position requires a degree in ministry or equal years experience.
This position has flexible hourly expectations, as it requires weekend and evening hours.
Personal development requirements
- Maintain healthy spiritual disciplines.
- Regularly engage in training material in your field
Address137 Hopson Rd
Johnson City, Tennessee 37659
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationLarry Hammons Phone: (423) 928-4421 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The primary responsibility of the Student Minister is to work with the Elders, Deacons, and parents to plan and implement programs and activities for K-12th Grade students and their families that introduce them to Christ; disciples them in spiritual growth; and trains them to serve Christ with their life.
- On a secondary basis, and as time permits, the Student Minister will also assist other staff members in such ministry areas as evangelism, visitation, involvement, administration, and other areas of work as set forth in this job description or as directed by the Elders.
PRIMARY STRENGTHS AND DESIRED ABILITIES
- Practical experience accompanied by a Degree in Ministry from a reputable Restoration Movement institution or be in the process of earning that degree
- A deep-seated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passionate heart to minister to students and their families
- A demonstrable prayer life that seeks God’s wisdom and direction in all decision making
- The ability to communicate a caring, loving heart, coupled with the skills of an effective leader and manager.
- Gifts of leadership, teaching, and administration
- Shows a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics listed in 1 Timothy 3
- Demonstrates good management of personal and professional conflicts
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Team Ministry system would be particularly beneficial
- Demonstrates faith by discovering solutions and investigating all ministry possibilities.
- Agreement with core values of the church (see http://www.jesusiscentral.com/beliefs)
- Active, energetic and in good physical and mental health
- Enthusiastic and personable, an effective listener, and takes constructive criticism well
- Spiritual leader of home and keeps personal finances in order
- Gross salary package will be determined based on education and years of experience in ministry.
- Weeks of vacation and personal days off will be determined based on years of service in ministry.
- A budget for continuing education and conferences will be provided.
- The gross salary package may include money for medical insurance and retirement investment
Address2240 East Calumet Street
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Contact InformationAnthony Sweeney Phone: (618) 533-4421 Email: email@example.com
Calumet Street Christian Church is seeking to fill a Worship Minister position. Calumet Street Christian Church is a Restoration Movement Christian Church. At Calumet Street worship is more than the music before a sermon. Worship happens beyond the walls of the church, every day. The responsibility of the Worship Minister is to lead the attenders and others to live their lives like the lyrics of a song, continually praising God for His love and goodness.
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministry at Calumet Street.
Position Description: The worship minister must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship minister is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Commitment to moral purity.
Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
Degree in Ministry or Music/Worship preferred, although demonstrated experience in Worship Ministry will be considered.
A minister as well as a musician.
A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
Skilled in musical direction.
Skilled in organization, administration, team building, and interpersonal relationships.
Knowledgeable in the use of worship technology.
Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
A self-motivated, results-oriented contributor.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018. Applicants should also include their personal testimony with their resume.
Posted: May 18, 2018
Address5 Morris Rd.
Arden, North Carolina 28704
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationFrank Harrison Phone: (828) 891-2105 Email: email@example.com
Oak Grove Christian Church located in Arden, NC, just south of Asheville, NC desires experienced preaching minister who preaches the truth of Scripture, is a people person. Negotiable compensation in the $50,000 range. Send resume or contact Frank Harrison via Email.
Posted: May 16, 2018
Address2000 Jonesboro Road
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationJulie Evans Phone: (770) 954-9332 Fax: (770) 954-0940 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WORSHIP ARTS MINISTER POSITION
McDonough Christian Church is seeking a full time Worship Minister. This person will lead in all aspects of Sunday Morning worship as well as special events as needed. The position requires an individual with knowledge in leading and directing musical groups (vocal and instrumental) and directing drama teams. The person filling this position will be expected to agree with and support the church’s mission statement which is as follows:
McDonough Christian Church exists to develop devoted followers of Jesus Christ who love, imitate and duplicate him in their surrendered lives.
To that end, this person must be able to effectively lead a community (small) group in a growing relationship with Jesus.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded to Julie Evans via email at email@example.com. Said expression of interest should include a brief description of qualifications and contact information.
McDonough Christian Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Address6250 US 62 Soth
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Weekly Attendance: 650
Contact InformationJD Lyle Phone: (937) 393-5383 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The overarching purpose of this role is to lead, oversee, and manage all aspects of our Next Generation Ministry Department (birth – 12th grade currently). The Next Generation Director will provide guidance and leadership for volunteer age-group ministry leaders, and ensure that all are effectively trained, equipped, and empowered to lead effectively. Additional information regarding the role is in the full job description, which is available upon request.
The role has a beginning salary range of $35-45,000 annually.
Work expectations would be 45-50 hours weekly at a minimum.
Additional information available upon request.