The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Feb 23, 2017
Address50 Campground Ln
Wilmore, Kentucky 40390
Contact InformationJonathan Carman Phone: (859) 858-0140 Email: email@example.com
AdventureServe Ministries is a Christian non-profit organization located in Wilmore KY that guides service and adventure trips for groups in Appalachia.
At AdventureServe we are looking for trip leaders who love God and others; enjoy being outside; enjoy working with youth; have a can-do attitude; are ready for the most challenging and awesome summer of their lives! All trip leaders will be trained to lead rock climbing, rappelling, caving, and canoeing during three and a half weeks of training at the beginning of the summer.
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, we would love to have you or them apply for a summer position with us! Right now we have positions open in our Home Repair, Mystery, and Wilderness Programs. For more information check out the website.
Address3052 Cane Ridge Rd
Paris, Kentucky 40361
Weekly Attendance: 65-75
Contact InformationRex Graham (Minister) Phone: (859) 383-4374 x8595768157 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Little Rock Christian Church is in need of an accompanist/worship planner for our Sunday morning worship service. This is a weekend part time position. We are looking for someone (Male or Female) who could design song service and then play for the service. We have a worship leader and usually a vocal team, so vocal skills are a bonus, but not necessary. We offer a blended worship service at 10:45 am using PowerPoint and video projection. We are located about 70 minutes from Grayson.
This is open to students or anyone in the Paris area who may be interested. Inquiries and questions may be directed to Rex by phone or email at the contacts listed above. Thank you.
Posted: Feb 22, 2017
Address292 W. US Hwy. 36
Rockville, Indiana 47872
Weekly Attendance: 312
Contact InformationJason Thurman Phone: (765) 366-0298 Email: email@example.com
Rockville Christian Church (RCC) is searching for its next Senior Pastor. RCC is a non-denominational, Bible-based, restoration-minded church located in Rockville, Indiana. Rockville is the county seat of Parke County, but RCC serves members from several surrounding communities and counties. RCC is located in the rural west central portion of the state, approximately 60 miles west of Indianapolis.
Currently, our average attendance for Sunday services is 312 with an average of 164 of those in attendance participating in our Sunday School program each week. RCC has a Sunday night program for middle school and high school students and there are several other small group studies for adults that occur throughout the week.
Our church sits on 5 acres on the west edge of Rockville and includes the worship center which will seat approximately 400 and a separate building housing our day care and our youth group. There is a pre-school housed in the west wing of the main building as well. RCC also currently employs a youth minister, worship minister, secretary and custodian.
We believe that our purpose here at RCC is to glorify God by obeying the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). Through this purpose we are working to produce disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, ministry, evangelism and discipleship. We feel that the person being called to the position of Senior Pastor will lead us in fulfilling this purpose.
For additional information regarding our church and our community, please visit the following sites:
rockvillecc.com and parkecountychamber.com.
If after prayerful consideration you feel as if God is leading you to inquire about this position, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you feel that you are the perfect candidate to be the next Senior Pastor at Rockville Christian Church. Resumes and additional inquiries can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address10800 Lincoln Ave
Newburgh, Indiana 47630
Weekly Attendance: 3,500
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
Title: Global Outreach Pastor/Director
Department: Strategic Outreach
Reports To: Strategic Outreach Department Head
Pay Status: Salaried
Exemption Status: Exempt
Must apply online at cccgo.com/employment
General Summary and Objective: Responsibilities include pastoral and managerial oversight of Crossroads Christian Church’s (CCC) Global Outreach (GO) Ministry including vision and mission advancement, partnership oversight, and partner care. Requires collaborative work with all departments within CCC, partnering organizations, and churches.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Task Forces/Support Teams and Global Partners/Projects:
- Development of all task force teams, and support & sending teams
- Oversight of all Crossroads global partnerships, both with individual partners and with partner organizations
- Oversight of global projects entered into by Crossroads with global partners
Worker Care and Support:
- Oversight and coordination of pastoral care of workers, via supervision of Programming & Partner Care Director, and directly when gender sensitivity is appropriate. Professional member care specialists should be utilized when needed.
- Worker effectiveness assessment and coaching
Field Recruiting and Training:
- Identification and assessment of missionary prospects, both from with Crossroads’ church body and from without.
- Development of a training protocol and standards for Crossroads’ workers
- Creation of training and launch timeline for each worker/worker family to be launched.
Administration, Education, Advancement, and Prayer:
- Oversight of the global outreach budget, including decision-making on current and potential workers and partnerships
- Management of 1) Global Outreach Programming and Partner Care Director and 2) Outreach Mobilization Director
- Communication liaison between ministry partners and the church body at Crossroads.
- Advocates for and ensures execution of cross-cultural curriculum for our church body (e.g. Momentum course), as well as other globally-minded education opportunities.
- Advances and mobilizes the church body for short-term mission trips, events, projects, and leadership development
- Advances prayer as a priority and practice in global evangelization
- Provide pastoral counseling and care
- Discipleship and mentoring of Global Outreach Team
- Expectations to be a Small Group leader or member in a multiplying small group
- Other duties relative to maintaining and supporting ministry as assigned
- Perform weddings and funeral/memorial services as requested and desired
- Serve on hospital and home visitation rotation
- Exercise pastoral skills and sensitivity in encounters with church members and friends
- Attend and support official events of the church
- Maintains significant relationships with Crossroads Christian Church staff and related agencies that are relevant to ongoing kingdom advancement and strategic planning
- Leadership development and mentoring
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
- Fully devoted follower of Christ
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of Crossroads Christian Church
- Exceptional model of personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in ministry and/or secular team building
- Knowledge of global missions, cross-cultural ministry, church planting, Biblical Worldview
- Ability to convey a positive professional image and to maintain confidentiality
- Passion to see the Great Commission fulfilled in our generation
- Passion to see the Church mobilized and equipped to obey Christ (Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples).
- Good communication and teaching skills
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and administrate
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, moving tables, etc. around for set up for events. Additionally, extensive travel (airplane, auto, train, etc.) is expected for this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, with an expectation of 45+ hours worked per week, including weekend responsibilities as assigned. A typical work week for this position would be Monday-Thursday, 8 am-5 pm, Friday 8 am-12 pm and Sunday morning 8 am-1 pm. Evening events might include training events or courses, so flexibility of schedule is understood, especially in seasons of high travel.
This position requires extensive domestic and international travel.
February 21, 2017
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posted: Feb 21, 2017
Address1001 Chapman's Crossing Drive
Spring Hill, Tennessee 37174
Weekly Attendance: 800
Contact InformationJulie Shirk Phone: (615) 302-0721 Fax: (615) 302-0722 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Executive Pastor is to assist the Elders, Financial Team and Senior Pastor in ensuring that the strategic ministry objectives of the church are effectively and efficiently achieved. Responsibilities include leadership of staff (full time pastoral and office administrators) and act as human resources manager. In addition, to oversee business operations as they related to capital investments, project management and the acting liaison to financial team.
Go to the church website to get all the information regarding the Executive Pastor position. (http://www.wellspringchristian.org/xp/)
Posted: Feb 20, 2017
Address402 S. Washington St
Bainbridge, Indiana 46105
Weekly Attendance: 50
Website: http:// bainbridgecc.org
Contact InformationDavid Blake Phone: (765) 720-7905 Email: email@example.com
Bainbridge Christian Church is searching for a full time minister that desires to reach a community of nearly 6000 people, located in west central IN just about an hour west of Indianapolis. Our church family desires a minister to live and serve in our community. We are seeking a man with a Bible college degree and some experience is preferred. In this position, you would be expected to preach at Sunday service, visit people, especially those in the hospital as needed, support and participate in extra curricular church activities and community events. Our average weekly attendance is 50 in our small town, rural church. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Housing is provided with a small 3 bedroom parsonage with utilities paid and a pastoral cell phone allowance.
At BCC we believe these statements:
About God: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He eternally exists in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
About JESUS CHRIST: That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. he is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless life; He died on the cross, as a perfect sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead 3 days after the crucifixion, ascended into heaven 40 days after the resurrection, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. He will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lord’s.
About the HOLY SPIRIT: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He intercedes on our behalf. He provides the Christian with power for living, and guidance in doing what is right. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service. He gives every believer at least one spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians we seek to live under His control daily.
About the BIBLE: The Bible is God’s word, both Old and New Testaments, to us without error in the original writings. Scripture is the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life. It was written by humans authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
About HUMAN BEINGS: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of Gods creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are corrupt by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
About SALVATION: Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must receive it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. We must turn from our self-ruled life to Jesus in faith in order to be saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Our salvation is not earned, it is received by total surrender and acceptance of this fact. Jesus Christ said, “I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE and no man comes to the Father but through me.”
About ETERNITY: People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated form God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
Address6295 Athens Boonesboro Rd.
Lexington, Kentucky 40509
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athens Christian Church, located on the outskirts of Lexington, KY, is seeking a full-time senior pastor as our current minister has accepted a teaching position at Great Lakes Christian College. We are an independent, non-denominational church from the Restoration Movement. This long established church consists of a multi-generational congregation with an average attendance of 85.
Our church has a good witness in the community in which it is located as we allow our facilities to be used by a variety of groups for different purposes. God has blessed us with a sound financial base which we use to provide resources for our local and global missionaries and ministries.
Candidates need to…
– have a Bachelor’s degree, minimum, with Masters preferred
– be able to deliver biblically based, relevant sermons
– have preaching experience
– be able to relate to multiple generations
– musical ability a plus
Job expectations include, but are not limited to….
– community, hospital, and home-bound visitations
– weekly preaching
– Wednesday night and Sunday night lessons
– office hours
– oversight of secretary, youth minister, worship service
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. Parsonage provided. Parsonage is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with basement and appliances (not including washer/dryer)
We are praying for a pastor with the call of God upon his life to preach the Word, a love in his heart to shepherd the flock, and a passion in his soul to lead and disciple the body of Christ as we work together to see God’s Kingdom come. If you believe God may be calling you to consider this ministry position, please send resumes to email@example.com. Also, audio recordings of sermons are encouraged.
*Background and Credit check may be performed
Address133 S Hawkins Ave
Akron, Ohio 44313
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationPhilip Campbell Phone: (330) 836-2211 Email: Philip.Campbell@SummitChristian.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To lead in growing the congregation toward “a community connected church where spiritual growth and fellowship go hand-in-hand with bringing people to Jesus.”
- The church is known for its Bible (Jesus) centered message exemplified by true Christian behavior of the members.
- Worship is upbeat and exciting in a tasteful contemporary motif using the technology we have to fully enhance the worship experience.
- Fellowship is close and embraces all members.
- Lay ministry is alive and well.
- ”Come and see evangelism” is a reality within the congregation as demonstrated by effectively reaching young families outside the congregation producing steady growth.
- The members have adopted the vision as their own.
- Purpose Driven governance is in place and functioning.
- The troubled in the congregation receive effective counseling.
- The minister helps where he can
- Where the problem is beyond the minister he recommends competent professional counseling.
- Organize the church’s ministry / program with the counsel and approval of the elders to effectively move toward the key goals.
- Recommend budget priorities that will best apply resources to achieving the key goals.
- Establish objective yearly goals for incrementally achieving the key goals.
- Reports to the Elders in detail.
- Written report covering who, why, where, when, and results of calls and contacts. The associated verbal report should emphasize non-routine situations and actions or help required from the elders.
- Provides a written synopsis report to the Official Board.
NATURE OF PROBLEM SOLVING
Resolves problems in line with the Elders’ definition of the Senior Minister’s responsibility.
NATURE OF DECISION MAKING
Makes decisions in his areas of responsibility in line with the Elders’ definition of the Senior Minister’s responsibility.
- Reports his decisions to the Elders.
- Keeps budgetary limitations in mind.
Plans his own work to achieve his objectives developed under item 3 of his responsibilities.
- Objectives are normally adopted for the year at the preceding September Elders’ meeting.
- The planned church program is adopted for a year at the Elders’ meeting held in the preceding August.
- Aids others with planning as necessary to meet their objectives and to maintain coordination of the church program.
Maintain a close and friendly relationship with the members, officers, and staff of the congregation.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Report to the elders, who are responsible for the congregation and its members.
- Initially based around this job description in general, but in following years focused on achieving objectives.
- The review will be held at the September Elders’ meeting.
Posted: Feb 17, 2017
Address154 Old Kentucky 84
White Mills, Kentucky 42788
Contact InformationBen Fulcher Phone: (270) 862-3933 Fax: (270) 862-4000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
White Mills Christian Camp is hiring staff for the summer camp season. Positions available include kitchen help, lifeguards, zip line guides, grounds keeping & house keeping. Summer staff begins work the last week of May and ends the first week of August (exact dates to be determined).
Applications are available by going to www.whitemillschristiancamp.com and clicking on “Summer Staff Application” under “Upcoming Events.” Completed applications can be mailed or emailed.
We will begin interviewing and hiring in March. Phone calls are welcome.
Address1282 Clarksburg Rd.
Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationHeather Insko Phone: (606) 541-1761 Email: email@example.com
Fly Branch Church of Christ is seeking a minister. We are a small country congregation located in a rural area of Lewis County, Kentucky. The position is part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time and salary is dependent upon experience. There is plenty room for growth! If interested, please send a resume with three references and an optional 10-15 minute CD or video with a sermon of yours.
Send resumes to:
2039 W KY 10
Tollesboro, KY 41189
Fly Branch Church of Christ
1282 Clarksburg Road
Vanceburg, KY 41179
Posted: Feb 16, 2017
Address260 South Main Street
New Castle, Kentucky 40050
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationTrask Murphy Phone: (502) 487-1440 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oversee the youth and children’s ministry of the church with a strong emphasis on equipping parents to be better disciple makers in their homes. Would also work alongside the Lead Pastor and assist him with pastoral care of the flock as a whole.
The job is part-time and would pay $12,000 annually plus free housing. Ideal for a single student or young married couple looking to gain ministry experience.
Address731 Independence St.
Ellettsville, Indiana 47429
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationKevin Cherry Phone: (812) 876-6500 Email: email@example.com
Ellettsville (IN) Christian Church is seeking a Minister for Youth and Children who have a passion to create a healthy environment for age appropriate discipleship, through recruiting, training and developing leaders while providing oversight of all aspects of children and youth programming.
Current staff consists of a new Sr. Minister (beginning March 19), full-time Associate Minister for Adult Discipleship, and part time worship leader. Ellettsville is a small town – population 6400 – located just minutes from Bloomington. Average attendance is 225 per Sunday.
An eligible candidate will possess the following:
- Intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Ministry or similar degree from accredited institution)
- Prior experience in leading or participating in youth ministry and/or children’s ministry of a similar size and growing church preferred
- Independent Christian Church background
To receive a full job description, send your resume and statement of beliefs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address105 East Main Street
Worthington, Indiana 47471
Weekly Attendance: 45
Contact InformationJohn Gossett Phone: (812) 875-3125 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a student to minister with us in the area of youth for the summer. Some duties will include helping with the summer lunch program, Vacation Bible School, and one on one evangelism, focusing on fourth through eight grades. There is a $ 1,000.00 stipend and room and board is furnished. If interested, please forward your resume to the listed e-mail address.
Posted: Feb 15, 2017
Address6005 KY HWY 1842N
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 590
Contact InformationJon Welch Phone: (859) 234-0080 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leesburg Christian Church Internship Program is an awesome opportunity for College students to experience hands-on training in a fun, fast-paced and God-honoring church leadership environment. This 8-10 week based program is designed for students who have a heart to serve in church ministry. The purpose is to equip students to excel in their skills, knowledge, and passion in making disciples within the local church.
- Completed 1st semester of college/ 18-25
- solid believer in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior
- Vocational Ministry Interest
- 1-2 students
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- 8-10 weeks
- LCC will provide housing, food, expenses during the internship and will a love offering at the end of the internship.
- Leadership and skills training
- Vocational Ministry in growing church
- Self-guided Checklist
- Benefits gained for student: Ministry Experience, Camp programing experience, leadership development, understanding and respect for other fields of ministry.
When? *Flexible with students schedule and needs*
- 8 weeks/ June 3-July 29
- 10 weeks/ June 3- Aug.12
8-10 week Checklist:
- School Documents
- Hour Log, Journal entries of experiences
- Leesburg Documents
- One page summary of your experience including excerpts from your journal entries
- Personality profile (Myers-Briggs, Strength-finders)
- Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Help plan and execute weekly ministry events
- Help recruit/train volunteers
- Learn email/phone etiquette
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Contribute to service planning and preparation
- Learn from other ministry areas
- If your focus is youth, have some exposure to Children’s ministry
- If your focus is children, have some exposure to Youth ministry
- Both will have exposure to church administration/ budget/ assimilation
- Have coffee/lunch with each staff member/ deacon leading primary ministry
For more information visit leesburgchristianchurch.net or email email@example.com
Posted: Feb 14, 2017
Address102 W Jefferson St
Montpelier, Ohio 43543
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationChris Kannel Phone: (419) 551-4783 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the retirement of our interim minister, the Montpelier Church of Christ (MCC) is seeking a preaching minister.
Our Mission: Exalting Christ, Equipping Servants, Evangelizing the World
MCC is a small-town congregation with a large range of ages including several families. Our leadership is young and ambitious. We believe that God is calling our leadership to strengthen the spiritual health of our congregation and provide a strong outreach ministry to our community. We are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for discipleship and evangelism. We average 30-40 on a given Sunday.
We are seeking a candidate that:
- Will demonstrate dedication toward the spiritual growth of our congregation,
- Will cultivate a spirit of evangelism in our congregation,
- Exhibits high standards of Christian character,
- Has a strong Biblical mindset,
- Has a heart for youth and young families,
- Has strong administrative skills,
- Has either:
- Degree from a Restoration Church Bible college,
- Previous experience preaching in the Church of Christ/Christian Church.
We will consider either full- or part-time position with a modest, negotiable salary. Several housing options are available which may also include a housing allowance. Compensation also includes vacation time and continuing education expense assistance.
Applications should be submitted by April 1.
Please submit the following in your application packet:
- Resume – include your job history, education, military history, etc. Describe your leadership roles in other congregations, accomplishments, and any other information you believe would be relevant to the evaluation process along with at least three references with addresses and phone numbers.
- A CD/DVD or cassette tape of a recent sermon or sermons.
- A brief personal statement explaining: how you came to Christ, why you became an evangelist, and anything else you believe would help us to get to know you.
- Applications should be submitted to:
Montpelier Church of Christ Attn: Pulpit Committee 102 W Jefferson St Montpelier, OH 43543