The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Address14201 Beriton St
SANTA FE, Texas 77517
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationJeffrey Spielman Phone: (409) 925-3551 Fax: (409) 925-3552 Email: email@example.com
Address503 North Main Street Ext.
Meadville, Pennsylvania 16335
Weekly Attendance: 220
Contact InformationJim Gibson Phone: (814) 336-3540 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church in Meadville, Pennsylvania is looking for a Student Minister. He will provide leadership in developing a ministry to 6th – 12th grade students. The ideal candidate will be passionate about making disciples of Jesus Christ and motivated to connect with students and build relationships with families. The candidate must also value the importance of partnering with parents to help grow students into followers of Jesus.
Posted: Sep 17, 2019
Address1980 Lindberg Road
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
Weekly Attendance: 140
Contact InformationJohn Dittmer Phone: (765) 463-7995 Email: email@example.com
West Lafayette Christian Church (WLCC) is currently seeking a Next Generation Minister (NGM) to join our ministry team. The NGM will be responsible for the development of team members, plans, strategies and events to minister to the next generation in our church and community. The NGM will oversee, develop and expand our next generation ministries to students (6th -12th grades), college and small groups.
Address797 W. Brookville Road
Fountaintown, Indiana 46130
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationDeb Kraft Phone: (317) 513-6527 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Associate Minister
Fountaintown Christian Church is actively seeking a full-time minister. This person’s primary focus will be on leading the junior and senior high students however must be capable of assisting in other areas of responsibilities. These additional responsibilities will be dependent upon the hire but may include teaching as directed by our senior minister, or responsibilities within our worship ministry, or another ministry as defined through our conversations. Although these additional responsibilities will be necessary to fill the hours associated to a full-time hire, primary focus on students is required. We are looking for someone that God has called to shepherd and lead youth, whose passion and energy is in line with that as a primary emphasis.
- Leadership of the junior / senior high school programs at the Fountain and Sunday morning classes
- Oversight of recruiting, development, and scheduling of volunteers
- Shepherd and care for the spiritual needs of youth leaders and volunteers who will in turn shepherd and care for the spiritual needs of students
- Organization of periodic social events and special activities
- Communicating and empowering others to communicate the gospel to the youth through gatherings, events and personal relationship
- Support of Christian programs offered through local school systems
- Development and Execution of program that inspires our church to take an active part in the lives of our youth (i.e. attendance at their school games/events)
- A calling from God into youth ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired. A seminary degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience pastoring over kids and student areas.
- At least 5 years of experience leading and managing other people.
- An extensive understanding of current next generation ministry methodologies.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2;
- Titus 1:5-9).
- Commensurate with education and experience
Address9419 Seatonville Rd.
Louisville, Kentucky 40291
Weekly Attendance: 600-700
Contact InformationCraig Grammer Phone: (502) 239-9300 Email: email@example.com
Minister of Worship Arts
Fern Creek Christian Church is a thriving, non-denominational, Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky. Our calling from Jesus is to make disciples that make disciples. Our church averages over 660 in two, soon to be three, Sunday morning worship services. We are praying for a full-time Worship Arts minister who will invite and lead our congregation into a deeper relationship with Jesus. We are praying for a spiritually strong, humble, servant who can recruit, empower and encourage volunteers to grow in their leadership. We are looking for a team player whose heart is pastoral and whose mind is organizational. If you would like more information please go to www.ferncreekcc.org and click on the Worship Arts Candidate button on our main page.
Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Address74 Trotwood Down
Joplin, Missouri 37027
Contact InformationNeal Joseph, Slingshot Group Phone: (615) 497-5771 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionGood News Productions International (GNPI), a $2 million global ministry based in Joplin, MO, is looking for a Vice President of Development. Founded in 1975, GNPI is a team of global innovators who, through a worldwide network of partners, develop media and strategies to creatively contextualize the Good News of Jesus Christ for specific people groups. Their new Vice President of Development will serve as a key part of the organization, leading both its fundraising and marketing teams in the USA. The ideal candidate MUST come from a fundraising or relational sales/business development background (think insurance or corporate sales). Someone with only a pastoral background, even if they’ve raised money at their church, would not be a fit. While it could possibly be a pastor, they will also need to have had a sales background. The candidate must be part of the Restoration Movement / independent Christian Church / Churches of Christ and be willing to relocate to the Joplin area. You can learn more at https://slingshotgroup.org/job_posting/gnpi/.
Address6531 N. 600 West
McCordsville, Indiana 46055
Weekly Attendance: 800
Contact InformationBetty Watkins Phone: (317) 335-6815 Fax: (317) 335-1394 Email: email@example.com
The Communications Director role is one of leadership and hands-on creation of high-quality and high-impact communications for the church to both internal and external receivers, addressing the continual communication needs of each Outlook ministry area. This position is a “player-coach,” involved in specific production details, but also focused on overall strategies.
The Director provides leadership for the Communications Team’s strategy, including budgeting and staff management.
The Director helps tell Outlook’s and Outlookers’ stories through various means including print, video, and digital media.
The Director utilizes the most effective means possible to support the ministries using print, digital, video, online, and social media communication.
Skills in website design and development and video production (or a willingness to learn such skills) are key.
The Director ensures clarity and consistency in communications as well as alignment with the church’s overall vision and culture.
This position reports to the Executive Minister in close coordination with the Senior Minister and Ministerial Staff.
Address5605 Dunlap Road
Dublin, Virginia 24084
Weekly Attendance: 85-100
Contact InformationRichie Goad Phone: (540) 818-7391 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION SUMMARY: DCC’s Youth Minister will supervise programs for Pre-K through 12thgrade.
JOB CLASSIFICAITON: Full Time Salary
- Must be a baptized believer
- Subscribe to the principles of the Restoration Movement/Church of Christ
- Must have a strong desire to serve the Lord
- Experience working with youth is desired by not necessarily preferred
- Must have a genuine rapport with young people and genuine love for them
- Must be sensitive to the needs of young people/teenagers with knowledge of possible solutions
- Must be able to work effectively with youth, parents, leadership, and volunteers (work as a team)
- Lead various classes and programs which included
- Sunday School Class for JR and SR High (10-10:40am)
- Sunday evening Youth Group Hour (6-7pm)
- Wednesday Evening Children’s Programs (7-8pm)
- Recruit and lead volunteers
- Plan different events such as the Christ in Youth Conference and Teen Week.
- Be open to preaching opportunities throughout the year
- Attend board and leadership meetings
- Help with the process of vision casting
- Lead in the creation of community outreach that will bring young people and their families to the Lord.
Posted: Sep 9, 2019
Address2714 Old Cedar Point Rd. LaGrange, KY 40031
LaGrange, Kentucky 40031
Weekly Attendance: 65
Contact InformationDoug Duncan Phone: (502) 592-3956 Email: email@example.com
Buckner Christian Church, located in Oldham County, Kentucky is looking for a bi-vocational Pastor. Our current Pastor is retiring effective September 29. We average between 65 to 80 people per Sunday. Our Music minister is outstanding blending both contemporary with traditional music in worship. We have an overhead projection system we use in worship for songs as well as preaching power points. Our church is mission minded and we’re looking for a Pastor who will build upon the great work that our retiring Pastor has done. If interested please send your resume with 3 references to Buckner Christian Church, P.O Box 118, Buckner, Kentucky 40010.
Posted: Sep 8, 2019
Address625 E. Tenth
Coquille, Oregon 97423
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationDr. Bruce Russell Phone: (541) 580-6666 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vibrant Church in small town near southern Oregon coast. Looking for a youth minister to develop a program for middle school and high school youth as well as active involvement in the life of the local church. Occasional preaching; recruiting and developing leaders for youth programs. Salary package $40,000 per year. Send complete resume and three references. Must have a bible college degree and 3-5 years experience.
AddressP.O. Box 214
Cortland, Indiana 47228
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationRobert Thompson Search Committee Phone: (812) 525-8797 Email: email@example.com
Cortland Christian Church a small church in southern Indiana, is seeking a part time minister grounded in the Restoration Movement to take over when our current Minister retires. The individual hired would be free to seek other employment to supplement income while available for church duties. Cortland is located 4 miles west of Seymour where ample employment opportunities are available
Posted: Sep 6, 2019
Address865 Greendale Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40511
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationLeadership Pathway Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Pathway is excited to partner with CenterPointe Christian Church in Lexington, Kentucky, to provide young leaders with opportunities to experience leadership in a growing young church. CP is full of young families in a rapidly growing part of the city of Lexington.
If you are really serious about leading in a church that is advancing we’d love to talk to you. We aren’t a gap year program, or for those who aren’t quite sure what they want to do with their lives. You can read about some of our current residents or find more information about the residency positions at Community at LeadershipPathway.org.
We are looking for someone who:
// is wanting a great field experience for their first steps in ministry
// is a self-starter
// is coachable and teachable
// a team player
// knows that they want to be in full-time vocational ministry
The best candidates know they are going to do church leadership.
We love undergrads, graduate students, or those who are post-education. It doesn’t matter to us where you are on your journey… we’ll walk with you.
All Leadership Pathway residents are paid a small stipend and provided housing.
Address310 N Main St
Byrdstown, Tennessee 38549
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationAdam E. Parrott Phone: (931) 445-4884 Email: email@example.com
Due to our Minister being called to a new ministry, First Christian Church in Byrdstown, Tn is seeking a candidate to fill the Sole Lead Minister position. We have an active membership of 125 with an approximate Sunday attendance of 85, and a Wednesday night adult bible study attendance of 12 adults with 50 kids attending our youth program. We are an independent, instrumental Christian Church. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preaching weekly sermons, teaching Bible studies each week, involvement in outreach events, providing pastoral care, participation in special services and events, have an influence on youth activities, and demonstrate a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Byrdstown is located in rural Pickett County (population 5100). Our community lies on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake which brings many tourists to the area during the summer months.
We seek a candidate with an Independent Christian Church Restoration Movement Background. A Bachelors Degree or higher from one of our schools within the Brotherhood is preferred with salary commensurate with education and experience. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: Search Committee in the subject line.
Posted: Sep 4, 2019
Lake Orion, Michigan 00000
Contact InformationMeggan Phone: (614) 551-3989 Email: email@example.com
Woodside Bible Church is a non-denominational multi-site church located in Detroit, MI and the surrounding suburbs. The Royal Oak campus of Woodside Bible is led by Pastor Jon Morales who has been the Campus Pastor for over three and a half years. The church currently has three identical services offered at 9:00a, 10:30a, and 12:00p that all have a modern worship style. Attendance currently runs around 900 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry at the Royal Oak campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with Woodside’s overall mission and vision. Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with leadership in weekly service planning and review, including song selection, transitions, and creative elements.
- Leads three identical services each Sunday (more as needed to accommodate campus growth).
- Recruit and equip potential worship and tech team members.
- Owns the aesthetics of the worship center (auditorium), including stage designs.
- Oversees scheduling of volunteers and service programming via Planning Center Online.
- Works closely with the Woodside Creative Arts team in cooperative projects.
- Participates in leading worship occasionally at Woodside events outside of Sunday morning service (e.g., all-staff meetings, retreats, conferences, etc.).
- Creates systems and processes that enable effective planning of worship sets and services that better align all campus environments.
- Cultivates resources and growth opportunities for creative arts team members.
- Counsels team members one-on-one to help them develop a deeper
- understanding of the Bible.
- Foster a passion for following and worshipping Christ corporately and in their personal lives.
- Develop and influence the worship culture on campus.
- Helps to create and develop a culture of discipleship, organically and organizationally among the staff and within the church.
- Trains members and attendees in discipleship to help them grow in character, conviction, and competency.
- Assists in leading groups and leading and developing the leaders of groups.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sincere relationship with Jesus as evidenced by a Christ-following lifestyle.
- Leadership and administration gifting.
- Skilled musician (guitar or keys) and vocalist with high level of musical competency.
- General knowledge of audio, lighting, video, and other production systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of music theory.
- Must be able to teach the Bible effectively in group settings and to individuals.
- Must have high-level relational skills and be able to build consensus among team members (staff and non-staff) within creative arts as well as other segments of the church.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
- Able to plan ahead and work in a dynamic timeline.
- Able to recruit and develop high capacity volunteers in ministry.
- Preferred candidates should have a bachelor’s degree
- Preferred candidates should have 5-10 years of worship-leading experience in mid-sized churches
- Ensures that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplish and
- further the mission, vision and values of Woodside Bible Church (Belong, Grow, Reach).
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith as established and approved by Woodside Bible Church.
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/woodsideroyaloak
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cincinnati, Ohio 00000
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Phone: (614) 551-3989 Email: email@example.com
Cornerstone Church is a United Methodist church located in Liberty Township, OH right outside of metro Cincinnati. Cornerstone is led by Lead Pastor Aaron Brown, who just recently came on staff. The church currently has two services offered at 9:15A, and 10:40A. The two services are identical that offer contemporary worship. Attendance currently runs around 300 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Director to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Demonstrable, continued growth in personal relationship with Jesus.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Design Team to develop powerful, transformative and creative worship experiences.
- Identify, train, and support media volunteer teams: sound, lights, video, ProPresenter, stage design, etc.
- Grow, develop and support all of the worship volunteer teams through recruiting and training both inside and outside the church, including student worship leaders.
- Be the spiritual leader of the Worship Team by making sure every interaction is an opportunity for discipleship.
- Provide oversight and accountability to the worship budget.
- Oversee the worship presence on the website via a web team – video editing and posting, social media, etc.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and church staff to develop special worship experiences and use of the Worship Center space and equipment outside of the regular Sunday experiences.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Cornerstone Church including worship attendance at Cornerstone Church, Small Group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, not required
- 1 – 2 years minimum of worship leading experience in a comparable worship style setting is preferred.
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/cornerstoneumc
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.