The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Address1015 Ohio ave, N,
Live Oak, Florida 32064
Weekly Attendance: 45 - 75
Contact InformationLorraine Elizer Phone: (386) 362-1085 x3862921139 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Oak Christian is in search of a full time senior minister, with Christian Church or Church of Christ back round.
This person must be self motivated and a motivational pulpit minister. He is biblically sound and is committed to and displays the bibles teaching.
He will be activity involved in Church growth and teaching, developing programs and involvement in the community. As well as overseeing many aspects of church life.
He will work closely with our Leadership Board of 3 Elders and 5 Deacons. Is actively involved in Church business and meetings.
Salary is competitive and determined on education, experience and ability.
Live Oak Christian is a smaller congregation. Our Sunday morning service attendance is between 45-75. We are a diverse group of believers who love the Lord. Our members consist of retirees to professionals and business owners, to farmers and stay at home parents.
If you are interested in filling this position, please send your resume to:
Live Oak Christian
Live Oak, Fl. 32064 (attention Lorraine Elizer)
or e-mail to email@example.com
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
Address996 S. 4th Street
Baldwyn, Mississippi 38824
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact Information(Mr) Kelly Carmichael Phone: (662) 321-9249 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Description Below: Go to our website for more information. fccbaldwyn.com
Provide oversight and direction for our next-generation ministry (K-12)
Work to accomplish the overall mission of the church (make disciples-impact community)
Good with people and capable to train and equip volunteers
Hard worker and strive for excellence in everything you do
Love kids and able to point them to Jesus
Continually grow in your faith and bring glory to God in all you do
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
Address509 S. Graves St
McKinney, Texas 75069
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationGlenn Simmons Phone: (972) 542-6070 Email: email@example.com
Hillcrest Christian Church, McKinney, Texas is seeking a Senior Minister. We are an Independent Christian Church, established in 1905, with a debt-free building. We are located in a fast-growing city, 30 miles north of Dallas. Our Sunday morning worship attendance runs around 60 at present. Normally our staff consists of a full-time Youth and Family Minister, a part-time Worship minister, and a part-time secretary. The candidate should be a graduate of an independent Christian church Bible College. He will have leadership and preaching experience that has demonstrated success in accomplishing the Great Commission. For more information or to submit a resume, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or Glenn Simmons, Chairman of the Elders, Hillcrest Christian Church, 509 S. Graves St, McKinney, TX. 75069.
Address6510 South Rockport Road
Bloomington, Indiana 47403
Weekly Attendance: 400-450
Contact InformationJim Cain Phone: (812) 824-1829 Email: email@example.com
South Union Christian Church, in Bloomington, Indiana, is seeking a full-time Worship Minister. South Union is known as a house of prayer with an average weekly attendance between 400-450. Due to the retirement of our current Worship Minister, we are prayerfully seeking someone to lead an established worship team of approximately 30+ members.
The candidate should be passionate about Jesus Christ, passionate about making disciples who make disciples, energetic, loving, and full of grace and mercy. In addition, the individual must possess musical talent, be passionate about leading the congregation to the throne weekly through two services, and have demonstrated ability in leading and working with volunteers.
Through much prayer, we are anxiously waiting to see who God is going to send to fill this very important position. As you pray about this position, ask God if this might be what he has in store for you next. Please call 812-824-1829 and ask for Jim Cain. You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddressP.O. Box 203
Eminence, Indiana 46125
Weekly Attendance: 90
Contact InformationFred Delclef Phone: (317) 919-2800 Email: email@example.com
Eminence Christian Church in Eminence, Indiana, is a small congregation actively seeking a full-time Senior Minister who will grow with our church family both spiritually and in numbers. Experience is helpful, but we are seeking God’s direction for the right person for this position.
The ideal candidate must be in love with Jesus. He must put Christ first, his family second, and our church family third. He must lead his family well, and they must support his ministry. He would possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from one of the non-denominational Christian Church/Church of Christ Bible colleges, believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God, and possess the fruits of the Spirit. He would passionately lead and develop disciples for Christ. He must be solidly based in Scripture. He should view this position as a calling and ministry and not just a “job.” He is self-motivated. He presents Biblically accurate sermons in an engaging manner. He should support the outreach programs of ECC including our Youth Group, Vacation Bible School, Church Camp program, Boy Scouts, Weekday Religious Education, Mission program, Christian College Scholarship program, Food Pantry, and others. He should be real and genuine, have a heart for people of all ages, and a willingness to lead others to Christ. Hospital and home-bound visits, community involvement, counseling, when needed, performing weddings and funerals are all part of this position.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, attitude, and ability. This is a rural community and a great place to live and raise a family.
If you feel you meet most of these guidelines, please, respond with a resume, including references (which will be checked), a belief statement, and, if possible, a sermon video. A brief personal introductory video would, also, be appreciated. Please send your information to: Eminence Christian Church, Pulpit Committee, P.O. Box 203, Eminence, IN 46125 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Address102 Myers Road
Summerville, South Carolina 29483
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationDana Jacobs (admin assistant) Phone: (843) 568-8078 Email: email@example.com
Job Opening: Full Time Youth & Worship Minister
The full time youth & worship minister is a gifted speaker and leader who shepherds the youth and worship ministry teams of Sonrise to develop disciples who make disciples. You will oversee ministry initiatives, including weekend programming, school outreach and partnerships, disciple making initiatives, and community outreach, in alignment with the mission, vision, and strategies of Sonrise Christian Church. You’ll also join Sonrise in raising up church members to be ministry leaders.
Essential Functions of the Youth Ministry Side
Collaborate with the youth ministry volunteers to create the most effective environments for developing disciples who make disciples.
Establish and maintain an intentional, engaged presence in local high schools and extra-curricular activities and events; build discipleship relationships with students and volunteers.
Connect new students and adult volunteers to disciple making opportunities.
Consistently identify and develop new leaders to serve in the youth ministry; clearly communicate the need and culture required to make disciples; shepherd and connect new students and adults in intentional opportunities to engage in ministry as part of their disciple-making process.
Teach and speak in all youth ministry programming.
Lead, develop, and shepherd all youth ministry volunteers.
Essential Functions of the Worship Ministry Side
Planning (with Worship Team), then organizing and spiritually leading worship services (coordinate with Lead Minister to center around sermon series, etc.)
Shepherding, lead, train disciple, equip volunteers and build community
Learning new songs
Pastoral roles at weddings, funerals, and other church functions
Previous experience teaching students and leading volunteers.
A natural connector and leader with the ability to vision cast.
A healthy understanding and passion for discipling.
Clearly communicate tangible/practical vision and strategies to staff, leaders, parents, and students.
Able to patiently deal with conflict both inside and outside of the church.
Flexibility in schedule.
Good communicator and listener.
Self starter, but seeks to collaborate on the end goal.
Talented musician on piano, guitar or both (a plus)
A gifted singer to lead the congregation in music
Ability to lead a group of musicians to make the praise and worship portion of the service as focused on Christ as possible.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership
Five or more years of ministry experience, including leadership experience.
Ordained into ministry
Previous experience leading a volunteer labor force in accomplishing a long term goal.
Engaged member of Sonrise Christian Church who supports the Statement of Faith, submits to the leadership established by the church, and lives out our mission statement in tangible ways.
Summerville, South Carolina United States
Preaching and Youth Ministry, Youth and Family, Music and Worship Ministry, Youth Ministry, Biblical Studies
Approximate Hours Per Week
40 to 50
Address5605 Dunlap Road
Dublin, Virginia 24084
Weekly Attendance: 85-100
Contact InformationRichie Goad Phone: (540) 818-7391 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin Christian Church is seeking to hire a full-time Student Minister to oversee a dynamic ministry to children, youth, and their families.
Dublin Christian Church is located within the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia. Established in 1976, Dublin Christian Church has a passion for reaching people in our neighborhood, community, and world with the Gospel. Currently the staff is composed of one full time minister.
Dublin Christian Church is located approximately 40 minutes away from Virginia Tech and 50 minutes away from Roanoke, Virginia. Dublin, Virginia is located in Pulaski County and is full of beautiful parks and lakes including Randolph Park, New River Trail, Gatewood Reservoir, and Claytor Lake State Park. Pulaski County is a great place for those who love outdoor activities!
Candidates for this position should be dedicated disciples of Christ who desire to see children, youth, and their families grow closer to Christ. They must possess the ability to equip, encourage, and lead others to effectively accomplish the mission and goals of the student ministry. A ministry degree is preferred but not necessarily required. Salary can be discussed with church leadership during the hiring process.
For more information about the position or to send in a resume contact Richie Goad at email@example.com.
Address2845 N. U.S. 31
Austin, Indiana 47102
Weekly Attendance: 110
Contact InformationAustin Christian Church Phone: (812) 794-2541 Fax: (812) 794-0520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a part-time music director. Pay is negotiable. Resumes and inquiries can be sent via email email@example.com or mailed to: Austin Christian Church, 2845 N. U.S. 31, P.O. Box 28, Austin, IN 47102. Attention: David Huey. Phone: (812) 794-2541
Address732 N. 5th Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationAdam Caldwell Phone: (812) 232-6853 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Female Associate Campus Minister with a focus on womens’ discipleship. A full job description upon request.
Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Address5940 Dogwood Street
Zephyrhills, Florida 33542
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationPulpit committee Phone: (813) 782-8893 Email: zephyrCC@aol.com
Zephyr Christian Church
5940 Dogwood Street
Zephyrhills, FL 33542
Zephyr Christian Church announces a vacancy for the senior minister position. The church is looking for a strong Restoration Movement minister to serve a congregation of approximately 80 during the summer months and 150-180 during the winter months.
A search committee composed of the four elders plus two members of the congregation will review all resumes forwarded due to this request. The candidates who meet the criteria of the search committee will be requested to interview, either by phone or in person. The candidate who best meets the criteria will be recommended to preach before the congregation who will then cast a vote for or against the committee recommendation.
The criteria includes but is not limited to the following:
1) a humble person who waits on the Lord,
2) a spiritual person who loves the Lord Jesus,
3) an effective speaker,
4) a knowledgeable teacher,
5) a caring pastor,
6) a visiting pastor, both for the sick and shut-ins and prospects,
7) a minister who works well with his elders, and
8) a person who listens to the members of his congregation and has concern for their needs.
If you feel that you meet this criteria, please submit a resume to the above address to the attention of the Pulpit Committee. Attach references to the resume. Feel free to call or email if you have questions.
In Jesus’ name and for His Service,
Gary Nicholson, Chair
Zephyr Christian Church
If you could also send a sermon to hear would be a plus.
Address1664 New Hope Road
Hertford, North Carolina 27944
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationKevin Jacot Email: email@example.com
Berea Church of Christ is seeking a full time experienced, Ordained Minister that believes in the New Testament movement. Applicants must be a Christian Bible College graduate with a strong Christian Doctrine. Must have strong desire to visit and do personal evangelism in the community. We are looking for a Minister who can provide the leadership to help us grow. Berea is a small country church located just outside of Hertford, NC. We are a little over an hour away from the Outer Banks and an hour south of the Norfolk, VA area. Berea is a conservative congregation with about 60 in attendance weekly. Package includes a parsonage with four bedrooms and two baths. Please mail a resume and a sample sermon on a CD or DVD and your salary requirements to:
663 Whitehat Road
Hertford, NC 27944
If emailing a resume and video file, please email to Kevin Jacot at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address1912 Smallhouse Road
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42104
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationRobin Cox Phone: (270) 842-6231 Email: email@example.com
BGCC Worship & Senior High Minister
BGCC exists to become LESS so that Christ can become more in us and through us.
Becoming LESS means that we…
- Love God and bring Him praise
- Encourage our faith community
- Serve those in need
- Share the good news of Jesus
This position helps move our mission forward primarily by:
- Leading/overseeing ministry efforts for Senior High (9th – 12 grade) students (encourage); and,
- Coordinating community outreach events for students (share); and,
- Ensuring we offer excellent worship to God (love)
Success in this position will be defined as carrying out the following roles:
- Coordinating Ministry To Senior High Students
- Overseeing/teaching Sunday morning class for Senior High
- Coordinating Sunday night youth group for Senior High students with PreTeen Minister
- Coordinating CIY, service projects, social/outreach events, and retreats for Senior High
- Intentionally building relationships with Senior High students (i.e. attend sporting and theater events from time-to-time as feasible, speaking at FCA events)
- Keeping lines of communication open with CSF Ministry Team to help students transition to college at WKU
- Collaborating with Pre-Teen Minister regarding combined youth events for Junior High students transitioning into Senior High
- Recruiting, training & leading qualified youth coaches
- Coordinating Worship Ministry
- Leading the congregation in excellent worship
- Coordinating a praise team schedule & prioritizing a regular practice schedule
- Selecting music in advance to give team members adequate practice time
- Overseeing the A/V tech team & providing needed tech support for all ministry areas
- Coordinating A/V team schedule
- Recording & uploading the sermon
- Ensuring proper A/V technical maintenance
- Collaborating with others for stage design as needed
- Recruiting, training & leading qualified ministry partners
- Developing new talent by maintaining an active youth worship team
- Leading the congregation in excellent worship
The successful minister will, at all times, work in accordance with our staff values:
- Living our best story – Growing personally in all aspects of life
- Valuing us over me – Valuing the church’s mission over any personal agenda
- Passing our passion on – Developing new and younger leaders
- Expanding our circles – Including more people in service within our ministry areas
- Being authentic – Allowing honesty and transparency to define our relationships
The Worship & Senior High Minister is expected and empowered to make any decision necessary to ensure that the mission of the church moves forward
and that people come to know that BGCC is for our neighbors!
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position apply at: https://forms.gle/Hzj757gukMguFxZw8
If you have questions about applying contact Robin Cox at (270) 842-6231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Jan 9, 2020
Address6900 Market Ave N
Canton, Ohio 44721
Weekly Attendance: 1800
Contact InformationJames McLoud Phone: (330) 456-2600 x2561 Email: email@example.com
• A mature, growing follower of Jesus
• An experienced, dynamic leader
• Relationally and pastorally driven
• Passionate about evangelism
• A self-starter who thrives on a team
• An excellent, clear communicator and vision-caster/relayer
• Hard-working but love to have fun
• A motivating team-builder
• Administratively and organizationally gifted
• Committed to excellence personally and professionally
• Humble and servant-hearted
• Carry First Christian Church’s vision and strategy to the local congregation
• Be a visible presence at weekend services, campus events and activities, and in the community
• Host and participate in services as requested by the Central programming team
• Teach in environments as needed/requested (no Sunday morning preaching duties, though)
• Pastorally lead, guide, and shepherd campus staff and attenders
• Move campus attenders toward engagement by championing the implementation and execution of FCC’s Discipleship and Leadership Development Pathways on campus, ensuring that they are installed and working well in every area of ministry
• Lead and administer campus staff to recruit and develop leaders and volunteers
• Oversee campus Life Groups, recruiting/training leaders, connecting people to groups, and providing resources and assistance as needed in alignment with FCC’s Life Group model
• Perform pastoral care duties – weddings, funerals, pastoral counseling, home/hospital visitations, etc.
• Maintain alignment of FCC’s mission, vision, values, culture, strategy, operating procedures and policies with the local campus and staff
• Function as the campus “quality manager”, taking responsibility for how things look and feel
• Attend weekly all-staff meetings, bi-weekly Pastors/Directors meetings, and monthly Lead Team campus coordination meetings, representing campus culture back to Leadership
• Meet all First Christian Church partnership requirements
You’ll love working at FCC if:
• You love to dream big, work hard, have fun, and make a difference
• You care about your teammates and want your teammates to care about you
• You’re a self-starter and can lead creatively and conscientiously
• You know that teams function best when others come first
Your work schedule will be:
• 40+ hours/week, Sunday-Thursday with regular weekend and evening responsibilities.
Address114 South Main St
Modesto, Illinois 62667
Weekly Attendance: 60 to 70
Contact InformationJohn Gibbs Phone: (217) 361-7016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Modesto Christian Church is located in the small rural community of Modesto, Illinois (250 ) located approximately 35 miles southwest of Springfield, IL. Our average attendance is 60-70. Our worship style is traditional and we are an independent, nondenominational body which adheres to the principles of the restoration heritage. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual with an outgoing personality. We would expect our pastor to be able to teach as well as deliver a spirit-filled sermon. In addition to being a fulltime pastor, other duties would include but not limited to visiting hospitals, nursing homes, and pastoral home visits to members of our congregation. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelors degree from a Christian college or university but we will consider all offers to serve here. We would like to receive a written resume that includes both an expression of your faith and doctrine of belief as well as 2 letters of recommendation. Beginning salary will be $45,000 to $50,000 depending upon experience and will be reviewed on an annual basis. A modern 4 bedroom parsonage is also included.
Posted: Jan 7, 2020
Address14201 Beriton St
SANTA FE, Texas 77517
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationJeffrey Spielman Phone: (409) 925-3551 Email: email@example.com
The Associate Minister is a member of the pastoral staff of ACC and is selected by and reports to the elders and senior minister.
RESPONSIBILITIES (GENERAL SCOPE)
- Provide overall leadership, strategy and direction for ministries aimed at students, families, and children.
- Lend supervision and leadership to Children’s Ministry coordinator. Including assisting in ministry of Nursery, Children’s church, Children’s Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, Seasonal Family Fun Fests, and Family educational opportunities.
- Insure development and implementation of safety policies (background checks for volunteers, check-in processes, etc.)
- Plan and manage the budget for student and children ministries.
- Lead in the development of sustainable ministry in the above areas by strategically recruiting, training, and shepherding teams of volunteers to minister in these areas.
- Implement events with a focus on equipping and growing families.
- Work under the leadership of and partner with the senior minister to fulfill the vision of the church by being involved in pastoral, pulpit, operational, and strategic responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the senior minister