School of Bible & Ministry
“The mission of the School of Bible and Ministry is to lay a foundation of biblical knowledge and understanding which is essential to Christian leadership and service. This endeavor includes the preparing and equipping of all students for effective service in the Church and the world.”
Why Ministry at KCU?
- Bible and Ministry faculty possess more than 150 accumulated years of ministry experience.
- More than 80% of Bible and Ministry faculty hold a doctorate degree in their field providing direct access to expertise and quality teaching.
- Bible and Ministry curricula are academically rigorous and designed to equip students for the practice of ministry as well as the development of personal spiritual discipline.
- Bible and Ministry classes serve as invitations to enter into deep intellectual and spiritual relationships with great thinkers and effective minister practitioners.
- Faculty care deeply about each student and are passionate about the subjects they teach.
Great Opportunities for Service
- KCU’s Youth and Family Ministry Program is the largest of its kind among colleges sponsored by the Christian Church/ Churches of Christ.
- Youth and Children Ministers are in great demand and have numerous opportunities for service.
- KCU trained Music Ministers are highly sought after and have experienced long successful tenures in their service to the local church.
What can I do with a degree in Ministry?
We define vocation as a “calling”. It means your career choice grows out of who you really are deep down inside and reflects what God is asking you to do for Him.
KCU’s School of Bible and Ministry offers preparation for vocational ministry in the following areas:
- Advanced Biblical Studies
- Youth (Jr. & Sr. High)
- Family Life
- Small Groups
- Christian Education
- Church Planting
- Church Administration
- Camp Management