“The mission of the campus health center is to help each student strive for maximal physical health while pursuing their academic and personal goals at KCU”.
Caring for KCU
It’s difficult to go to class, study for an exam, or even get out of bed if you are sick, but the reality is, it happens to the best of us. In an effort to ensure our students stay healthy, KCU strives to ensure preventative measures are in place to help reduce the spread of common viruses and illness that often plague college campuses around the country. Part of this effort involves prompt and professional care and consultation from our full-time Campus nurse.
Location: McKenzie Student Life Center (Back Hallway)
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
What should I do if I am experiencing symptoms of illness?
- In case of emergency call 911 or seek care at the local Urgent Care or Emergency Facility.
- Avoid contact with other students as much as possible.
- Contact the KCU Campus Nurse as soon as possible.
- If the campus nurse is unavailable, students should seek assistance from their RA.
- Meet with the Campus Nurse to evaluate your symptoms.
- Based on evaluation, the campus nurse will either:
- Provide medical attention, including medication, at no cost to the student.
- Recommend a referral and facilitate an appointment with a local physician.
Medical Services Include:
- Treatment of acute and minor illness/injury
- Evaluation of major illnesses or injury
- Professional nursing assessment and intervention including basic first aid and preventative care
- Health services information, education, and counseling
- Student advocate
- Telehealth visits when applicable
- Referral to appropriate health care facility for further evaluation and treatment.
- Monitoring of ongoing health concerns such as blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Suture removal
- Medical supplies including; crutches, Ace bandages, hot/cold packs, health education materials.
- Maintaining confidential medical records
- Student Health Form
- Protecting Against The Flu
- Preventing Dehydration
- Intake Form Consent for Service
- Covid 19 Symptoms Page
Nearby Medical/Treatment Facilities
KDMC Urgent Care Grayson
105 State Highway 1947
Grayson, KY 41143
7 Days a Week (9:00 am – 9:00 pm)
Located on the campus of KCU
King’s Daughters Medical Center Hospital
2201 Lexington Ave, Ashland, KY 41101
Approximately 30 minutes from campus
Grayson Family Care Center
Grayson Health Park
Dr. Sanjiv Gupta
300 State Highway 1947
645 Interstate Drive
100 Carol Malone Blvd, Grayson, KY 41143
Open 8:00 am- 9:00 pm
601 Carol Malone Blvd.
Inside – Ralph’s Food Fair
630 Carol Malone Blvd.
Horton and Brown
128 E. Main Street
Mental Health Counseling
College can be a very rewarding but also a very challenging time in a persons life. Because every student is of individual interest to KCU and because we recognize that regardless of background, there are times when most people need some personal or interpersonal assistance, the Campus Counseling Office offers assistance in the following areas:
- Personal Issues: such as Depression, Anxiety, Loneliness, Adjustment to college life, Stress, Loss and Grief, and Personal growth and development.
- Premarital Assessment, Education, and Counseling
- Relationship Issues including: Improving communication skills, promoting appropriate assertiveness, increasing conflict resolution skills, marital issues, couples counseling, and issues involving sexual identity.
- Improving Academic Success through reducing anxiety, stress management, increasing study skills and time management.
- Addiction Issues including illegal substance use, pornography, easting disorders, and other addictive behaviors
- Crisis Intervention
Services received from the Campus Counseling Office are provided without additional charge or fee for all enrolled students of KCU. In some cases, referrals for non-campus public or private follow up may occur. Fees for follow up referrals to non-campus programs are the responsibility of the student and/or their insurance plans. The Campus Counseling Office is committed to helping students achieve maximum benefit form their experience at KCU.
840 Interstate Drive
Grayson, KY 41143
Counseling for Marriage, Family, Child and Individual Counselors, Counselors-Licensed Professional, Mental Health Services, Mental Health Clinics and Information
Located minutes from the campus of KCU
For additional resources, check out ulifeline.org
What Parents need to know about Student Confidentiality
Your student will visit Student Health for a variety of health concerns, and we know that you will want information about the status of their care. If your student is over 15 years of age and self-sufficient, or over 18 years of age, we are required by law to keep that information confidential. We will be able to share information only with the written consent of your student, or in cases of an immediate threat to harm themselves or others.