New Student Registration
New students must complete each item step below before reporting to campus. Please call your enrollment counselor if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the following items.
New KCU Students are REQUIRED to complete each step below before reporting to campus. If at any point you have questions or need assistance, please contact your enrollment counselor!
Before beginning, please make sure you know how to access your KCU portal. To do this, you simply go to my.kcu.edu. Your username should be your first name initial, middle name initial, and then last name. Your password should be your 8-digit birthday. Below is an example:
Student: John Robert Smith
Birthday: May 1st, 2003
Steps to Complete New Student Registration
- Watch the KCU New Student Registration video.
- Please take a few moments to watch this video. It has important information you and your parents need before coming to KCU!
- Complete our Accepted Student Forms.
- You may fill out all of our forms online by clicking here. (These forms include housing, health, federal mandates, and a lifestyle agreement.)
- Pay the $100 non-refundable housing deposit.
- You may send in a check or pay this online with a card by clicking here.
- This deposit reserves a dorm space for you on campus. You will not be given a housing assignment until we receive this deposit.
- How to access your KCU portal: Simply go to my.kcu.edu.
Your username should be your first name initial, middle name initial, and then your last name. Your password should be your 8-digit birthday. Below you will find an example:
Student: John Robert Smith
Birthday: May 1st, 2003
- Accept the Registration Agreement.
- You do this on your portal. Click here for instructions.
- Upload your school ID picture.
- You may upload this by clicking here.
- This needs to be a clear headshot picture (without sunglasses or hats) with a white background and saved as a jpeg.
- Order your final, official high school/college transcripts.
- Please make sure that the admissions office has received an official and final copy of your high school transcript. This transcript must be sent in the mail by your high school guidance counselor or sent online through Parchment. This transcript must include your final cumulative GPA, graduation date, seal, and signature.
- If you are transferring or have taken dual credit, we need a final and official transcript from any college you have taken a class through. This needs to be ordered, issued to KCU, and have final grades. It must be sent directly to our admissions office from the school’s academic office either through mail or an approved online service.
- Send in a copy of your immunizations.
- Please make sure that you have sent in a copy of your updated immunization record. You may send this to your enrollment counselor. We require the following immunizations:
– Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (within the past 10 years)
– M.R. Measles, Mumps, Rubella
– Tuberculosis (within the past year)
– Meningococcal Meningitis (RECOMMENDED)
- Look over your class schedule.
- Our registrar creates the first-semester schedule for all new students based on their transcripts and their declared major. Once you are here, you will be assigned an advisor that assists you in creating a schedule each semester after that to ensure you graduate on time.
- A schedule will not be created for you until we have received official transcripts.
- You can view your upcoming class schedule on your portal. Click here to learn how to view your schedule.
- If you have any issues or concerns regarding your schedule, please contact our registrar, Emily Miller at email@example.com.
- Complete your Entrance Counseling and MPN for your federal student loans.
- The federal government requires that all students who take out subsidized or unsubsidized loans to complete these two tasks. If there is even a chance you may take out these loans, please go ahead and complete these.
- The Entrance Counseling is a quick presentation that allows the student to better understand loans and how they work.
- The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is simply listing two references. One may reside at the same address as the student, the other may not.
- Click here to view the instructions on how to complete these two tasks. The student will need their FSA ID to complete these.
- Accept your Financial Aid Awards.
- Once you have been accepted and your FAFSA has been processed your awarded your financial aid package. These awards/grants/loans have to be accepted by you before they can be applied to your school bill.
- You can accept your Financial Aid Awards on your portal. Click here to learn how.
- Your Financial Aid Awards will not be available for you to see until your FAFSA is completed and processed. If you are unable to see any awards, contact our Financial Aid Office quickly and make sure your financial aid is ready to be processed – 606.474.3227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be receiving your email address and login prior to registration. Get used to checking your KCU email address. Remember that we need all the previous items completed before you are officially registered as a KCU student. If you have any questions, please contact your Enrollment Counselor in our Admissions Office!