Founded in 1919, Kentucky Christian University is a private regionally accredited university that enjoys national acclaim because of our exceptional preparation of students for achievement in education, leadership, and service. For nearly 100 years, KCU has emphasized academic excellence by intentionally integrating education, student life, and faith in a way that allows students to effectively shape their future.
Our 120-acre campus is clean and friendly with safe student housing, full-service cafeteria, modern student center with exercise facility, and adjacent medical offices. It is a short drive to the larger city of Ashland which has shopping malls, movie theatres, parks, and a sport complex.
What type of recreational activities does KCU offer?
The University is located in the scenic Appalachian foothills and has three state parks within 15 minutes of campus which offer hiking, golf, bicycling, camping, boating, fishing, and more. Students enjoy a variety of athletic events, chapel services, concerts, movies, student clubs and community events. The town is small and it is an easy walk to stores, restaurants, and grocery. The library contains a generous physical collection and offers an extensive full-text online digital resource. Student academic support is offered free of charge for general assistance with helpful resources, study strategies, writing assistance, and peer tutors. Private specialized tutoring may be arranged for a fee.
- Completion of the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma
- Equivalent to a U.S. grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Minimum TOEFL Score: 61 (Internet Based)
- Original or certified copies of all official secondary records, including certificates, degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas