Each February and June, Kentucky Christian University sponsors a weekend Bible Bowl Tournament. Teams from across the United States join in this exciting and intense competition. This tournament is a round robin and a shotgun-style double elimination tournament. The February tournament information and registration is now available below. This tournament is a round robin and shotgun tournament.
February Bible Bowl Tournament
This competition will be held on the campus of Kentucky Christian University, February 8-10, 2019. Forty teams can compete in round robin play on Friday and Saturday. All forty teams will compete in a shotgun tournament on Sunday. There will also be an individual exam given on Friday.
We are now taking registrations for this tournament and registration will close on December 10, 2018. The time schedule will follow as in the past, with registration beginning on Friday at 3:30 PM and running until 5:00 PM. The written exam and coaches meeting will start promptly at 6:00 PM. The final round and award ceremony will be mid-afternoon on Sunday.
The text for the February tournament will be Joseph (Genesis 37-41), David (1 Samuel 16-18), Elijah (1 Kings 17 – 2 Kings 2:11), and Elisha (2 Kings 2:12 – 2 Kings 13). The first teams to submit their team registration form and $85 team registration fee (non-refundable) will be registered for the February tournament. There will only be one division.
Tentative Schedule and Subject to Change
Friday, February 8:
- 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm Registration
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Dinner
- 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm Written Exam or Sponsors Meeting
- 7:15 pm to 7:30 pm Combined Meeting
- 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm Round Robin Competition
- 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm Free Time
Saturday, February 9:
- 7:45 am to 8:45 am Breakfast
- 8:45 am to 9:00 am Devotions
- 9:00 am to 9:15 am Quote Bee Tie Breaker
- 9:20 am to 12:00 pm Round Robin Competition
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Round Robin Competition
- 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm Quote Bee
- 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm Dinner
- 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm Game Night
Sunday, February 10:
- 7:45 am to 8:30 am Breakfast
- 8:30 am to 8:45 am General Meeting
- 8:45 am to 10:45 am Shotgun Tournament
- 10:45 am to 11:45 am Worship Service
- 11:45 am to 12:45 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Shotgun Tournament/Finals/Awards
The Group registration fee is $85.00 per team.
The Individual registration fee is $70.00 per participant.
There are two options to register your team:
You can print off the PDF file of the Team Registration Form February and mail it in with your check or you can register your team online. (There will be a $5.00 convenience fee for credit card processing). Note: This form includes the KCU’s Code of Conduct.
Student Registration and Permission Form
This form can be downloaded and copied for each participant in your group. Student Registration and Permissions Form February. (These forms are for players only).
Due to the fact that classes are in session, there will be no housing on campus. Please see the contact information for Grayson hotels at the bottom of the page. When making your reservations, please let them know that you are attending a KCU event.
Please contact Becky Stamper with any questions you may have about registration or the tournament at firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474- 3252.
We look forward to working with you at our February tournament.
Quality Inn & Suites – (606) 474-0000
EconoLodge – (606) 474-7854
Super 8 – (606) 474-8811