The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – email@example.com or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jun 16, 2021
Address13272 Park Blvd
Seminole, Florida 33776
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationAndy Mason Phone: (727) 393-2136 Fax: (000) 003-3776 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship/Creative Arts Leader Responsibilities:
A. Leading Worship
1) Choose songs for both services
2) Rehearsals with both worship teams
3) Prepare Easy Worship schedule each week
4) Prepare stage lighting cues for soundbooth
5) Identify, recruit, train potential musicians/vocalists
1) Develop a “farm system” of talent from within FCCS congregation and youth group (musicians/vocalists)
2) Schedule special services (talent shows/songfests/drama)
3) Plan special service programs (Christmas/Easter)
4) Incorporate multiple technologies into worship
5) Be available as needed to assist with funerals and weddings.
1) Develop web presence to be more dynamic and increase awareness of FCCS in our community
2) Utilize social media sites to communicate our message
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience.
Posted: Jun 15, 2021
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Weekly Attendance: 350 precovid.... 215 postcovid
Contact InformationJim Borton Phone: (330) 339-6715 Email: email@example.com
The Worship Minister will be a relational and gifted leader called by God to lead a team to create an environment for people to experience God.
The environment consists of four benchmark principles.Hope from the Word, Authentic Relationships, Relevant Experiences, and
Joy in the Spirt
- Be the primary leader for weekly worship service and special events.
- Select or create appropriate vocal and instrumental elements for a worship service.
- Schedule, train and equip all appropriate volunteers for worship services, rehearsals and other special events as needed.
- Work closely with Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and supportive staff.
- Maintain all instruments and equipment,
- Manage and utilize presentation software and provide training for others in this skill.
- Willingly advise and assist other ministries with musical, technical, or other worship related activities.
- Create and edit video and audio.Volunteers
- Recruit volunteers to serve in the Worship Ministry.
- Train and equip volunteers to lead in the area they are responsible for.
- Minister to the volunteers as they continue to grow in their faith.
- Schedule and administrate volunteers.o Have a proper balance in their service to prevent burnout.o Volunteers are to be notified in a timely manner of the scheduled service.
- Equip all volunteers with proper material.
- Be trained and equipped to run Planning Center.
- Required to attend weekly staff meetings and monthly board meetings.
- Maintain and submit a Worship budget.
- Work with Senior Pastor in the following areas:o Sunday morning worship
o Future planning and vision of the worship service.Communication
- Use all platforms available to communicate the vision of the church and the worship ministry.
- Work with the Senior Minster and Associate Minister in the day to day operations of the Church.Hours and Pay
- Yearly Salary based on experience
- Vacations and Days off follow the Employee handbook which is based on years in ministry and experience.
Address2608 Neely Ave
Midland, Texas 79705
Weekly Attendance: 40-60 Post-COVID
Contact InformationJim OBanion Phone: (432) 770-6336 Fax: (000) 007-9707 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Christian Church of Midland, Midland, Texas is looking for the next minister to serve in a congregation that has served Midland since 1966. Founded deeply in the roots of the Restoration Movement, we are a congregation that desires to be Christians only. We are financially sound with a strong emphasis on missions. Our current attendance post-Covid is approximately 40-60. We also have a thriving Christian pre-school on campus. The church offers a generous compensation package which includes a 3-bedroom parsonage. Minimum requirements will be someone with a BS in Biblical Studies as well as a background in the Restoration Movement. If you are interested, please send a resume (with references) in Microsoft Word format and a link to 2 to 3 online sermons to:
For any additional information you may send an email to address above or contact:
Posted: Jun 14, 2021
Fayetteville, Georgia 00000
Contact InformationMeggan Jacobus Phone: (614) 551-3989 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
Address305 East Main
Sidney , Illinois 61877
Weekly Attendance: 45-55
Contact InformationSearch Committee Phone: (217) 688-2224
The Sidney Christian Church is in a small rural community and is just outside of Champaign/Urbana, Illinois. We are searching for a Senior Minister. We are looking for someone that is evangelistic, led by the Holy Word and has a deep love for Christ. We will consider all applications.
The minister will report to the Elders of the Church and will be responsible for proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for teaching the Biblical revelation, and for engaging in ministerial care to church members. The minister will plan and conduct worship services, prepare and deliver sermons, and interact with you and families. The minister will lead in the observance of Believer’s Baptisms and help to develop, communicate, and implement the vision of and for the church.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae along with contact information of professional references. This position does require a background check.
Target starting date for this position is upon approval by the Elders. The salary is negotiable with qualifications and experience. If you have questions or comments, please contact the church at (217) 688-2224.
All application materials must be submitted by mail by August 1, 2021.
Address1174 Lobelville Hwy
Linden, Tennessee 37096
Weekly Attendance: 80-100
Contact InformationTim York Phone: (731) 845-6221 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in the process of building a family life center; we hope to use it to benefit our community and be a way of connecting Christ to them. It will house a full-sized high school gym, computer lab/library, and possibly a workout center & more down the road. We are now ready to hire someone to oversee this ministry and connecting it to our community. We envision basketball/volleyball leagues/intramural adult sports/after school programs, etc.
Other roles for this position and serving at New Life will include serving in areas of your strength. It could be children’s/youth ministry. It could be worship. It could be teaching adults or counseling/or even administrative responsibilities — we want whoever this minister is to serve in their strengths for the benefit of New Life and God’s Kingdom.
***You need to know — Linden is a rural, small Tennessee town (Nashville is 1.25 hours to our east, and Jackson is 1.10 hours to our west; our nearest Walmart is 25 minutes away in the town of Hohenwald). We are hoping for someone who loves or (can learn to love a small town atmosphere). New Life as a church fits in the small to medium category, and we would be considered a contemporary styled church.
Please send resume & photo to email@example.com. We will then send you a questionnaire we have created.
Thanks for your consideration,
Address2506 WALCOTT JOHNSVILLE RD
Foster, Kentucky 41043
Weekly Attendance: 170
Contact InformationEdgar Ulrich Phone: (606) 782-2165 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not have a formal “job description”. The board feels it can be a stumbling point for the minister and/or the board.
On our application there several responsibilities that the minister would be involved in: general pastoral care, oversight and coordination of daily operations of the church, preaching, management and administration, training, outreach to the community, support and oversight of staff and volunteers, collaborative decision making in board and committee meetings, personal professional development, and networking /promoting unity.
Our senior minister is retiring in Jan. 2022. We would like have to his replacement identified and on board for at least 3 months before he retires. The church building is 11 years old and paid for. Please visit our website for a better feel of Fairview Christian Church.
Posted: Jun 9, 2021
AddressP.O. Box 788
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111
Weekly Attendance: 1350
Contact InformationChris Santasiere Phone: (804) 559-8070 Email: email@example.com
AddressP O Box 5386
Evansville, Indiana 47716
Weekly Attendance: 1100
Contact InformationChristi Christian McGuire Phone: (812) 518-1415 Fax: (812) 858-3084 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AT: https://cccgo.com/employment
General Summary and Objective: Responsibilities include oversight and execution of the programming, relationships, equipping and training of the West Campus Family Ministries, birth through college.
Address400 West Ottawa
Paxton, Illinois 60957
Weekly Attendance: 45
Contact InformationSusan Skonberg Phone: (217) 379-4570 Email: email@example.com
Paxton Church of Christ (Paxton, IL) is currently seeking a full-time Senior Minister. Our current minister is in the process of retiring. The church was founded in 1884. The current building was completed in 1968. The pre-COVID attendance was 55-70; in person attendance averaged around 40 recently and is going up. The congregation is mainly older people. Financially, the church is in good shape. Currently, the leadership consists of a Leadership Team made up of the minister, 5 men and 1 woman. (Two of the men are former elders.)
Paxton (population 4300) is the county seat of Ford County. It is located 25 miles north of Champaign/Urbana. The 3 schools of the Paxton-Buckley-Loda School District are located in Paxton with approximately 1300 students in attendance. There are 12 churches in Paxton as well as a local ministerial association.
A candidate should have ministerial training from a Christian Church/Church of Christ college and have some experience in ministry, administration, and public speaking. He should also be proficient with computers and able to relate to and participate in social media. It is also expected that he understands and supports the teaching of the Restoration Movement including the authority of the Bible.
A parsonage is provided to the minister, along with a salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Submit a letter of interest and a resume by mail or email to either Lyle Adkins or Susan Skonberg.
Lyle Adkins 226 W. Center Paxton, IL 60957 firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Skonberg PO Box 263 Paxton, IL 60957 email@example.com
Posted: Jun 8, 2021
Address16173 Elementary Drive
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
Weekly Attendance: 550
Contact InformationKenny Schweitzer Phone: (276) 628-8659 Fax: (000) 002-4210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worship Pastor (WP) is responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of the Sunday Morning experience through worship by drawing people into the presence of God. The WP shall lead and shepherd worship teams, overseeing all aspects of planning and execution. This includes overseeing worship at the Abingdon Campus. The WP shall coordinate worship team volunteers and other volunteers that support and align with the worship ministry. The WP will arrange songs for both campuses that align with the Lead Pastors weekly message and lead worship for Sunday morning services.
Address95 E CR 1000 S
Clayton, Indiana 46118
Contact InformationDavid Empson Phone: (317) 539-4231 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionThe International Conference On Missions has an immediate opening for an administrative assistant position. This role is a full-time, entry-level position in the ICOM office in Clayton, Indiana. It involves many aspects of ICOM’s daily operations and missions conference preparation. The position requires travel with the ICOM team once or twice a year. There is also travel to/from ICOM the week prior to and during conference week in November, in the city where ICOM will hold its annual week-long conference.The ideal candidate would be a steadfast Christian, a quick and happy learner, friendly and enjoys working with people, well organized, a self-starter, flexible, team player, and someone with advanced computer skills (Google Suite, Word, Excel, etc.). For more information, please email David Empson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a resume and references.
Posted: Jun 7, 2021
Address301 E. Wabash Street
Converse, Indiana 46919
Weekly Attendance: 500-600
Contact InformationBethany Tinkel Phone: (765) 395-3361 Email: email@example.com
“Converse Church of Christ (C3) is seeking a Student Minister to meet the needs of students grades 7-12. C3 is a multi-generational rural church that averages 500-600 in weekend attendance. While the church has a long and rich history, the spirit and community here are youthful and driven by our young adults, college students, and young families. We firmly believe one of the best ways to be the Church God intended, both on a local and global level, is to place a strong emphasis on the spiritual development of our young people. In light of this belief, we have long valued student ministry here at C3. An individual looking to step into this role of Student Minister should endeavor to help our junior high and high school students consistently and increasingly encounter the risen Lord in all areas of their lives, to effectively equip and empower a passionate group of volunteers, and patiently interface and communicate with parents to meet their needs. This individual would also partner with other C3 staff members to ensure an emphasis on effectively empowering parents to minister well to their children. If this new opportunity sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you! Please see the C3 website (www.conversechurch.org) for a more detailed list of job responsibilities and application information.”
Address131 Sycamore Street
Lynchburg, Ohio 45142
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationDavid Myers, Senior Minister Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve Lynchburg Church of Christ by providing spiritual leadership, guidance and shepherding for
elementary, middle school and high school students.
Develop the Youth Ministry team and volunteers in the strategic development and implementation of a
plan to evangelize and disciple children and students.
Administer curriculum, programming, facility, budgets, and planning processes.
Part-time employment of 20 hours per week. Opportunity to grow the ministry.
• Create & implement regular extra-curricular fellowship, educational, team-building, and
evangelistic activities, especially for children to invite friends
• Recruit, train and encourage volunteers and interns for Sunday and mid-week programs, along
with ongoing contact programs and annual church related events
• Ensure children/youth members and families are visited &/or contacted during times of need
• Preview, select, order, and distribute appropriate curriculum, materials, and resources
• Track attendance patterns and develop a follow-up system with the families of absentees
• Display confidence in walking a student through what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ
• Participate and provide leadership for camps and conventions
• Develop and maintain appropriate budget accounts
• Support safety and security systems for the church including background checks for all workers
Accountable to the Senior Minister
• Ultimately accountable to God and the Lynchburg Church Elders. Reports directly to the Senior
Minister for all ministry and staff activities. Always a team player.
• Assist with special events such as church-wide events, class parties, mission trips and other
group functions or outings.
• Assist the Senior Minister, including preaching periodically, and any other areas of service/need
• Assist &/or conduct marriages, funerals, and memorial services upon request
• Focus on personal spiritual well-being through worship, study, and prayer
Required Qualification Education Level
Experience is preferred, with some Biblical education acquired from university associated with
Independent Christian Church.
• Passion for children’s ministry is necessary.
• Good role model.
• Devoted and self-disciplined.
• Living in close fellowship with God with a continuing growing relationship.
• Ability to keep current with the trends and issues important to children/youth.
Lynchburg Church of Christ overview:
The church was established in 1838 and was put on the global map because of Ed Bousman, the iconic preacher with a radio station being broadcast from the church. We are a community- based church, with great support from the local school district, fire department, and mayor. We have established the community food pantry serving approximately 60 families weekly. Due to the pandemic, our church attendance has declined. However, during that time period we were able to completely
update the sanctuary and many other areas of the church building. Our present average attendance is approximately 60. Since our location is in the village, we have access to a public park adjacent to our building, with the opportunity to have many outdoor activities. There is no other youth minister in the village, so we have so much opportunity to take advantage of this outreach to our children.
Our current minister has over 20 years working in youth ministry, so he understands the difficulties youth ministers face and has pledged to give as much assistance and guidance as needed.
We at the church are very excited about the opportunity to have a youth minister. We see the need to bring the children of the church family, the next generation, to a closer relationship with God.
We as a congregation vow to assist/support this position.
Watch Sunday, May 9, 2021 service. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjoUVwAnz8
To Communicate Interest in this Position or to Request more Information, send
email with resume to David Myers, Minister, email@example.com
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Address3136 Brooksville Powersville Rd
Powersville, Kentucky 41004
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationSteve McKenney Phone: (606) 782-5108 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Senior Minister
Pastor Reports To: The Elders
Position Status: Full‐Time
Purpose: The role of the Minister is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Minister will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and the ability to motivate and recruit members of the congregation to accomplish its mission. The Minister will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation. The Minister will ensure that the practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preaching and teaching: The Minister will be the primary preacher for Sunday worship services. The Minister also will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Education programs for the Church which could include teaching, providing appropriate materials and lesson guidance, and working with the congregation to find and encourage others to teach and participate. The Minister will also work closely with the Youth Minister to build and execute strong, Biblically sound education programs for the youth of the Church.
- Strategic leadership and planning: The Minister will contribute to strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose. The Minister will identify strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders and implement the plan by:
- Participating in monthly board meetings and presenting ideas that will lead to realization of the church’s goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet goals.
- Staff supervision and development: The Minister serves as director of Church programs and services and is responsible for:
- Overseeing staff training and development.
- Evaluating staff members and ensuring they are meeting the requirements set forth by leadership.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
- Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff, elders, and deacons.
- Administration: The Minister oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other church leaders in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals.
- Be responsible for developing community outreach and shepherding programs to attract new members to the church.
- Evaluation and compensation: The Minister will present monthly reports to the Church Board of Elders & Deacons on ministry accomplishments and activities. The Church Board will conduct annually a performance evaluation and salary review.
- Personal and professional characteristics:
- Guideline of personal behavior the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7 and I Peter 5:1-4.