The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 8, 2019
Address251 Avendia Los Angeles
The Villages, Florida 32162
Weekly Attendance: 750
Contact InformationHarry Harris Email: email@example.com
ASSOCIATE MINISTER OF WORSHIP
Fairway Christian Church
The Associate Minister of Worship will be responsible to the elders of Fairway Christian Church, under the direct supervision of the Preaching Minister, for the performance of duties. Specific duties will include, but not be restricted to, the following:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in music.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a church worship leader.
- Provide at least three character references to Fairway.
- Doctrinally sound in the Scriptures and a personal relationship to Jesus Christ.
- Possess a Christian character and a servant’s heart.
- Ability to train others with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Provide Fairway a DVD or a social media link of the candidate leading worship.
- Support and promote the total ministry of the church and all church-wide events.
- Attend staff meetings and be involved in future planning.
- Attend Elder meetings upon invitation and make regular reports.
- Assist in planning special days as directed by the Preaching Minister.
- Perform other duties as needed in the absence of the Preaching Minister.
- Participate in visitation of those in need of pastoral care as needed. (hospital, shut-in, prospects, etc.)
- Share in the teaching ministry of Fairway (optional).
- Plan and direct a Praise Band and vocalists in contemporary worship services.
- Plan and direct choir and congregation in traditional worship services.
- Whenever possible, plan music thematically with sermon topics
- Rehearse song sets for worship services, as well as special events.
- Plan special music for each worship service.
- Possess adequate skills in piano or guitar as needed.
- Coordinate instrumental accompaniment for worship services, and substitutes during absences.
- Plan and direct seasonal musical programs
- Drama direction is a plus.
- Coordinate/promote music programs at the church by individuals/groups.
- Coordinate the training and scheduling of volunteer technicians to operate equipment in audio-visual booth.
- Oversee cataloguing and filing of all church music.
- Assist in funerals and weddings as requested.
- Attend at least one workshop annually.
- Assist in preparing the Music Ministry budget and supervise all expenditures.
Posted: Jan 7, 2019
Address231 W Van Buran
Auburn, Illinois 62615
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationNic Cook Phone: (217) 438-4073 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that ALL applications be done through our online form found at http://auburncornerstone.org/resources/employment
MISSION: We exist to make Disciples who make disciples that know, reflect, serve and point to Jesus
- We speak timeless truth in timely ways- biblical truth
- We are messes becoming masterpieces- growth
- We are connected beyond convenience- relationships
- We need the next generation NOW- youth
- We are contributors, not consumers- service
- We are all missionaries- evangelism
- We can do more by doing less- excellence
- We commit to the future and celebrate the past- innovation
Pastor of Students and Family Ministries Position Summary
- The Elders of Cornerstoneare overall responsible for the ministry of the Church. They partner with the staff and are responsible for supporting, overseeing, and resourcing all staff positions
- The Lead Pastoris responsible for supporting, overseeing, and resourcing this position on a Day to Day basis
- The Pastor of Students and Family Ministriesis responsible for supporting, overseeing, and resourcing the volunteers of Student and Kids Ministry
The Pastor of Students and Family Ministry is responsible for taking the mission and values of Cornerstone and implementing them personally in their own spiritual life, and practically in the Ministry of Cornerstone including: volunteers, students, parents, and kids.The Pastor of Students and Family Ministry operates in two similar, but distinct, spheres of influence;Student Ministry (6th-12th) and Kids Ministry (Birth-5th).
- In Student Ministry,the Pastor’s primary relationships will be with Students (6th-12th) and Student Ministry Leaders. This Pastor will build relationships with students and is leader of leaders
- In Kids Ministry,the Pastor’s primary relationships will be with Kids Ministry (Birth-5th) Leaders and volunteers. This Pastor is a champion of Kids ministry and resource for Kids Ministry Leaders
Pastor of Students and Family Ministry Responsibilities
This position is responsible for helping make disciples who make disciples. We break that down into four categories; KNOWING, REFLECTING, SERVING, and POINTINGto Jesus.
Knowing Jesus (Written & Living Word)
- Facilitate large and small gatherings for Students to hear biblical teaching and experience biblical worship
- Teach Students how to personally study the Bible and use it devotionally to engage in worship throughout the week
- Write, develop or acquire curriculum for teaching the entire Bible including the overarching narrative as well as theology and doctrine
- Help Students articulate the gospel and the impact of it on their own lives (testimony)
- Expose Students to a biblical worldview and how it differs from other prevailing worldviews
Reflecting Jesus (Inner Life & Outer Life)
- Build a culture of prayer that enables Students to learn how to pray, be prayed for and in turn pray for their friends and family
- Create opportunities in gatherings and groups for students to confess, repent and be baptized
- Help Students to grow in holiness by exercising the spiritual disciplines and learning how to submit to and obey the Holy Spirit
Serving Jesus (Biological & Spiritual Families)
- Cast a vision for what it means for Students to minister to their own families, including the value of coming to church together, studying and intentionally submitting to their parents and serving their siblings
- Help facilitate events and materials that include parents and create an environment for families to explore faith and discipleship together
- Lead Students through a process of discovery where they are able to understand how God has wired them to serve with their natural and spiritual gifts
- Build a ministry where Students are actively involved and serving each other and the church
- Include training on stewardship and caring for other believers
Pointing to Jesus (Words & Deeds)
- Coordinate opportunities for Students to exercise compassion and love those who are in need like mission’s trips, serving with the Inner-City Mission, etc
- Identify needs in our community and opportunities for Students to serve and minster to our community
- Make praying for lost friends a priority
- Create connection points like events, trips, or projects that can be first opportunities for those who are not part of the church to have a positive experience and develop relationships
Kids Ministry Partnership, Resourcing, & Care
- Recruit, train, and oversee, Kid’s Ministry Volunteers
- Work with the Elder’s and Lead Pastor to align Kid’s ministry with the rest of Cornerstone Community Church through yearly goal setting, strategy, and evaluation
- Serve as the primary pastoral contact and resource for volunteers in Kid’s Ministry
- Oversee the implementation of Birth-5thcurriculum by Kid’s Ministry Volunteers
- CIY Events: Move, Believe, SuperStart
- The Vine- Lincoln Christian University
- LSCA (Church Camp)
- Ministerial Alliance
- Area Youth Ministers
Administrative & Pastoral Duties
- Attend Elder Meetings as scheduled
- Work with Lead pastor to make sure Student and Family Ministry is represented on Sunday morning and to the wider congregation
- Shared Pastoral Care and Follow up with those in need
- Manage Student and Kids Ministry budgets
- Look for opportunities for professional training to continue growth of ministry skills
- Provide supervision of Sunday Morning Kids Ministry and assist with guests, registration, logistics, and needs that arise
- Work closely with the Student ministry team to coordinate event details including planning, communication, execution, clean up, and evaluation (Sunday Mornings and Weekly Activities)
- Core office hours are 8am – 4pm, closed on Friday
- Attend weekly staff meetings held by Lead Pastor
- Communication through bulletin, newsletter, email or regular mail needs to be done in a timely manner
- Coordinate schedules with the appropriate ministry teams, making sure all meetings do not overlap other events on the church calendar
- Communicate appropriately with parents ahead of time: send detailed plans to parents for events with detailed dates and deadlines, with any changes communicated ASAP
- Actively put together a yearly Student ministry plan and calendar
- Assist Kids Ministry in yearly ministry plan and calendar
Address1400 E ST RD 62
Madison, Indiana 47250
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationGordon Judge Phone: (812) 273-1601 Email: email@example.com
North Madison Christian Church in Madison, IN is searching for a full time Worship Experience Pastor who is responsible for leading and creating a culture of irresistible environments that draw people to Jesus and help those already following Him to take their next step. Currently NMCC is averaging over 700 in our worship experiences. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include video links or attachments of leading experience. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Address36 Camp Dobbs rd
Jasper, Georgia 30143
Weekly Attendance: 175
Contact InformationKasey Kuyper Phone: (770) 735-3057 Email: email@example.com
Pleasant Hill Christian Church is an established and growing church in Jasper, Ga. We are looking for a full-time worship / family minister. Primary responsibilities will primarily be focused on leading worship for two service and overseeing the 6th through 12th grade student ministry. Pleasant Hill is a multi-generational church that strives to be United In Christ, Seeking the Lost, Maturing As Christians and Serving Our Community. Please contact the church to submit a resume or for more details.
Address605 S Norman Dr
Sellersburg, Indiana 47172
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationKevin R. Beck Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our friendly, growing church is seeking to fill a unique position. We have a minister who preaches regularly, and, having previously been youth and children’s minister, still teaches the teen Sunday School class and does trips and activities with them. We seek someone to come on board and share these responsibilities with him, so that the two of them together could see to the handling of adult and youth ministries, alternating between functions. The ideal candidate would be an effective Biblical preacher and teacher, who relates well to people of all ages. Musical ability is a plus, but not required. Questions are welcome via email exchange. We prefer you submit information to us digitally. A video of you preaching (or link to same) is appreciated.
Address513 Hattie Ave
Elizabethton, Tennessee 37643
Weekly Attendance: 160
Contact InformationChad Perry Phone: (423) 213-5575 Email: Fccstudentminister@gmail.com
First Christian Church in Elizabethton, Tennessee is seeking a full-time Student Minister with the primary emphasis in grades 3-8. The ideal candidate will have a love for Christ and His church, a strong personal relationship with the Lord with a foundation of a great knowledge of His Word. The candidate should be passionate about leading students to the Lord and have a desire to grow an already established Student program. A degree from a Restoration Movement college/university is desired as well as relevant experience.
The candidate will be supported by a strong leadership team consisting of the Sr
Minister, elders and deacons, and youth/student committees to assist in the growth of our student programs.
Our student program, “GO Kids”, consist of Pre K, grades 1-5, and Jr/Sr high. The largest concentration of students is elementary and Jr high. FCC is over 125 years old with an average attendance of 160 and has spacious, desirable facilities ready to be
Interested candidates should send resumes and/or questions to:
or calls to:
Address5255 emalene road
Lebanon, Missouri 44691
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationWilliam Arnold Phone: (330) 317-4062 Email: email@example.com
E5 Church Staffing is pleased to announce an opening for a FT Children’s Minister for Southern Heights Christian Church, in Lebanon, Missouri.
Lebanon is a growing community in a county of approximately 36,000 in Central Missouri that boasts a strong job market and cost of living significantly below the national average. The beautiful Niangua and Gasconade Rivers run through Lebanon in addition to the iconic route 66. Locals are known to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Ozarks by leisurely floating down the river, and the fishing opportunities are tremendous as recognized by Outdoor life Magazine which has named Lebanon a Top 200 Town for Sportsman on three different occasions. Lebanon is truly a friendly place with friendly people and is a great place to raise a family while embracing a slower pace of life.
Southern Heights Christian Church is an established church of approximately 325 that has experienced tremendous growth since the hiring of new Sr. Minister Jeff Hinson in 2016. As a result, SHCC is seeking to hire a full-time Children’s Minister to serve the 100+ children that are a part of SHCC on a weekly basis. Jeff has a strong background in Children’s ministry and since his arrival the church leadership has embraced an emphasis on young families. It is fairly common to hear staff, eldership and even volunteers relate that SHCC’s priorities are children, youth and adults… in that order. SHCC embraces a “fail forward” culture that encourages trying new things and embracing an attitude of learning from failures regardless of result.
The Children’s Ministers primary responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of programming for the weekend and midweek services for birth through 5th grade. This includes the coordination of all volunteer systems and processes. In addition, it is expected that the Children’s Minister fosters a love for reaching young families in the community that aren’t currently engaged in SHCC. The person assuming this role will need to understand the development of systems and processes for volunteer coordination, community outreach and discipleship of young families. To perform the duties of this role adequately, it is necessary for candidates to show a history of creativity, strong work ethic, and a willingness to embrace a team ministry concept.
A college degree is preferred but not required for this position. Non-traditional candidates are welcome to apply. SHCC is offering a very generous salary package that reflects their value of young families and this role within the church.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to respond to every application. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your submission, you have not been chosen to move forward in the search process.
Posted: Jan 3, 2019
Address1403 Glenview Drive
GLASGOW, Kentucky 42141
Weekly Attendance: 175+
Contact InformationDavid Mackie Phone: (270) 678-4211 Email: email@example.com
Glenview Christian Church in Glasgow, KY is searching for a Full Time (40+ hours a week) Director of Worship and Communication. The primary responsibility for this position will be to oversee the Worship ministry and church communications (print, digital, etc.) for our church. We currently have a great team of volunteers in place for the worship ministry. We need a leader who will provide leadership, vision, direction, and training for this ministry. A full job description is available upon request. Our church currently averages 175+ in worship and is poised for additional growth. To find out more about our church please visit www.glenviewchristian.org. Please send resumes and any supporting materials to our Lead Pastor, David Mackie, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be considered open until it is filled.
Address1403 Glenview Drive
GLASGOW, Kentucky 42141
Weekly Attendance: 175+
Contact InformationDavid Mackie Phone: (270) 678-4211 Email: email@example.com
Glenview Christian Church in Glasgow, KY is searching for a Full Time (40+ hours a week) Student and Worship Pastor. The primary responsibility for this position will be to oversee the Student ministry (grades 6-college) and Worship ministry of our church. We currently have a great team of volunteers in place for both ministries. We need a leader who will provide leadership, vision, direction, and training for these ministries. A full job description is available upon request. Our church currently averages 175+ in worship and is poised for additional growth. To find out more about our church please visit www.glenviewchristian.org. Please send resumes and any supporting materials to our Lead Pastor, David Mackie, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be considered open until it is filled.
Address5564 S State Road 135
Vallonia, Indiana 47281
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationBryan Hansome Phone: (812) 569-1580 Email: email@example.com
Position Senior Minister
Driftwood Christian Church
5564 S. State Road 135
Vallonia, IN 47281
Weekly Attendance: 165 (2017)
Website: http: driftwoodcc.org also on Facebook
Bryan Hansome – Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Church
We are a mid-size rural church located in south central Indiana which averaged 165 in 2017 for worship and 96 for Sunday School. We also own and maintain a parsonage that can be available for this position. We embrace the Bible as the inspired word of God and strive to provide a loving, safe and welcoming place of worship in our community.
This position is becoming available as our current minister is retiring after 16-1/2 years with our congregation. This position is also supported by a full time associate minister that has been with us 3-1/2 years.
- Have a strong, dynamic presence in the pulpit and good preaching skills.
- Must be a people person with compassion and humility to be able to relate to and shepherd effectively
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- Be committed to holiness and developing personal walk with God to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love spouse as Christ loved the church. If a parent, discipline children to know God and love Him.
- Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- A strong commitment to assisting the ministries of the church in fulfilling their mission and vision.
- Energy and enthusiasm, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed. The ideal candidate is an advocate and a problem solver, always approaching situations with an attitude of “positivity.”
- Carry a posture of strength, approachability, and humility.
- Emotional intelligence, with a high capacity for cooperative and collaborative growth and conversations with the staff.
- A visionary personality with an integrator spirit is ideal in this role.
- A disciple of disciples, and a leader who makes other leaders.
- An encourager, a motivator, an inspirer who can lead staff well and carry the vision of the church, while working behind the scenes seamlessly on the administrative details.
- Preferred person with a formal education with 5 years ministry experience including preaching.
A full job description is available upon request
Posted: Jan 2, 2019
Address1624 Gratz Brown
Moberly, Missouri 65270
Weekly Attendance: 425
Contact InformationBrian Sevits Phone: (660) 651-4012 Email: email@example.com
Timber Lake Christian Church is seeking a student minister to add to our leadership team. The student minister will work alongside our four other ministers who are supervised by the elders. The ministers at TLCC serve as co-equals, making decisions and casting the vision for the congregation collaboratively. We are looking for a new team member to minister to 6th through 12th grade and work closely with college students. The student minister should be able to preach occasionally and may serve on the regular preaching team rotation or worship team. Desired skill set includes the ability to teach, to administrate, and maintain positive relationships with students and their parents. Theology and doctrine aligning with the Restoration Movement is required, and a 4-year degree is preferred.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit a complete resume and letter of interest, explaining your major areas of giftedness and experience and why you might be complementary to our staff as a new minister on the team as described above. If a DVD, digital file, or archived stream of your teaching/preaching are available, please also submit that information. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ministerial Search Team, 1624 Gratz Brown, Moberly, MO 65270. For more information, you may call Dale Samp (Elder) at 660-676-3241.
Address418 Spruce St
Mound City, Kansas 66056
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationMCCC Search Committee Email: email@example.com
The Senior Minister will work with the team of elders to provide vision and mission for the church. He is expected to project a sense of teamwork as he, the elders and staff seek God’s direction in setting goals, which will carry out God’s mission within our church and into our community. He will shepherd the congregation and will lead by example in the practice of Biblical spiritual disciplines.
- Link to full description: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cvNDcGUVF8G71sie4lNjcG8H2vV2mTVI/view?usp=sharing
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry and practical ministry experience within an organized church of the independent Christian church tradition (Restoration Movement). Preferred qualifications include 5 years of experience in supported pastoral ministries and 1 to 3 years experience as a Senior Minister. Candidates must relate well to people of all ages and have a Christ-like heart for the hurting and the lost.
Must submit the following materials electronically to the MCCC Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that highlights your qualifications and fit for the position
- References (include the names and contact information of at least four individuals familiar with your recent church ministry)
- 1-2 sermons that demonstrate your preaching ability
- Statement of Faith
Address20290 Wood Howell Rd.
Bristol, Virginia 24202
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact Informationtim cole Phone: (804) 690-7919 Email: email@example.com
(see note at end for Prospects Questionnaire information)
Suburban Christian Church in Bristol, VA is looking for our next Minister who has a vision that will lead us into the future. Our current Minister after 19+ years of service has taken an administrative role at a large church in Kentucky.
Our ideal Minister is one with the Gift for Teaching, is Evangelistic, Positive and Energetic and has a focus on Discipleship. The successful candidate will demonstrate a firm belief in our Christian Church doctrine and have the qualities listed in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9. The applicant should have the ability to lead and to motivate through excellent preaching and teaching.
Suburban Christian Church is located in Bristol, VA, the twin city of Bristol, TN, and both have a combined population of approximately 50,000 offering great potential for growth and outreach. Our church sits on 5 acres and is debt free with a recently remodeled sanctuary, nice fellowship hall, good education wing and a 3 bedroom 2 bath parsonage. The attendance currently averages 80 for Sunday morning worship. We have a desire to grow through the addition of young families and children and we are very active in our outreach programs.
The Church is located adjacent to Interstate 81 and is approximately 10 minutes from the centers of both Bristol and Abingdon. We delight in all four seasons and a temperate climate. Bristol is the Birthplace of Country Music, hosts the Annual Rhythm and Roots celebration and offers many shopping options. Historic Abingdon offers additional shopping as well as touring sites, such as: The Barter Theater (the State Theater of Virginia), the Martha Washington Inn, antique shopping and access to the Virginia Creeper Trail. Bristol also offers excellent health care options as well as great schools for families.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in biblical studies. A seminary degree and/or significant ministry experience is preferable.
Salary and benefit considerations are competitive, negotiable and dependent on ability, education and experience.
All interested applicants, in lieu of sending a resume, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Ministry Prospects Questionnaire which must be completed for consideration. Questionnaires are to be submitted by February 15, 2019.
Posted: Dec 29, 2018
Address441 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Weekly Attendance: 425
Contact InformationFirst Church of Christ Phone: (937) 372-7687 Email: email@example.com
First Church of Christ (Xenia, Ohio) is seeking a full-time Worship Minister who is passionate about God honoring worship that touches all generations. The Worship Minister’s primary job will be to plan and implement the worship services of the church. Some of the aspects of this duty include; planning of services, scheduling and training of music volunteers, scheduling and training of worship tech volunteers, as well as assisting with pastoral care needs. We are looking for a graduate from a Christian Church/Church of Christ college but others will be considered.
First Church of Christ averages over 400. We currently have one Sunday morning service and a Celebrate Recovery program that meets on Wednesday nights. Xenia is a bedroom community to Dayton and Cincinnati. Interested candidates may send their questions and resumes to:
Eric Stringer, Executive Minister
First Church of Christ
Attn: Eric Stringer
441 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Address8030 East 600 South
Wolcottville, Indiana 46795
Weekly Attendance: 275
Contact InformationBrian Walter Phone: (260) 351-3671 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Minister of Connections
(Detailed job description provided upon request)