The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jul 5, 2018
Address10800 Lincoln Avenue
Newburgh, Indiana 47630
Weekly Attendance: 3500
Contact InformationJenny Aliotta Phone: (812) 858-8668 Fax: (812) 858-3084 Email: email@example.com
Early Childhood Assistant
General Summary and Objective: Responsibilities include providing administrative assistance and leadership to the Early Childhood Department at Crossroads Christian Church. This leadership role includes the responsibility of discipling volunteers and partnering with parents to lead their children to become “disciples making disciples”. This position is designed to support the leadership, discipleship and creativity within the Early Childhood Department.
All applicants must apply at www.cccgo.com/employment
Address5699 Fort St
Trenton, Michigan 48183
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationMark Essick Phone: (734) 675-7575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionSouthpoint Church is seeking a New Generation Minister to lead, oversee and equip ministries from nursery through young adult. Southpoint is devoted to activating the next generation through developing and deploying leaders to win downriver to Christ through creating Christian families who are committed, connected and contributing. Applicants should have at least 5 years experience of working with kids and youth, and a proven record of developing Nextgen leaders and staff. Mastery of Orange (family ministry) values, and Christian college training a plus. Southpoint is biblically conservative, identifies with the independent Christian Churches, and has 3 campuses in the suburbs south of Detroit MI. To apply go to www.southpointccc.com/
Address8635 Ky Hwy 1232
Corbin, Kentucky 40701
Weekly Attendance: 25
Contact InformationDanny Burns Phone: (606) 304-8029 Fax: (606) 523-1217 Email: email@example.com
We are a small, faithful, Southern Kentucky congregation that desires to grow. We are seeking a minister to lead Sunday mornings. This church was established approximately 40 years ago and is currently being led by lay members.
Address4359 E. Bauman Lane
Batavia, Ohio 45103
Weekly Attendance: 800+
Contact InformationKen Hudson Phone: (513) 315-2763 Email: KenHudson@cometothecrossing.com
Position DescriptionThe student pastor at The Crossing Church will have a unique opportunity to develop and lead the ministry to 6th – 12th grade students in a fast-growing church on the east side of Cincinnati.The Crossing started out of a burden to reach the people churches in the area weren’t reaching and that burden is still at our foundation. In the short 7 years of being a church, God has shown us His mighty hand. Since our start, we’ve grown to a weekly worship attendance of 800+. In 2017 alone, we experienced 30% growth. We’ve seen lives changed, our community impacted, and we believe God is just getting started with us.To learn more and apply, please visit https://cometothecrossing.com/student-pastor-opening/.
Posted: Jul 4, 2018
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationJessica Pastirik, Involvement and Operations Director Phone: (815) 673-1581 Email: Elders@centrallive.net
Central Church of Christ, Streator, Illinois is currently looking for a Senior Minister to be part of our ministry team. We are looking for someone who is passionate for preaching, enthusiastic about evangelizing, willing to make new disciples for Christ, a good administrator and eager to work with a dedicated team-approach staff. This present staff includes ministers in the categories of Creative Arts, Student, Children, Involvement and operations. The office includes two full-time and two part-time support staff.
Central Church of Christ has a current average attendance of over 400 at three Sunday services. Our Elders and Ministers have clarified our Vision as “A Christ-like community of believers committed to presenting Christ to the unchurched in relevant, innovative and life-changing ways”.
Posted: Jul 2, 2018
Address213 west Randolph st
Pinckneyville, Illinois 62274
Weekly Attendance: 50+
Contact InformationDuane White Phone: (618) 318-9637 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time minister for the church – preaching, teaching and working on outreach in the community. Our church is active in the community, mission minded and looking for a growth-oriented preacher.
Address6510 South Rockport Road
Bloomington, Indiana 47403
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationJim Cain Phone: (812) 824-1829 Email: email@example.com
South Union Christian Church is a unique Body of believers located in Bloomington, In. We average a weekly attendance of around 500. We are known in the area as a house of prayer with an awesome unified staff consisting of 7 full time ministry workers. We also have a fully staffed and very well attended preschool/daycare. We are led by a group of elders that are both humble and flexible. Our pastor has served this church body for 30 years.
Our Student Minister of 4 1/2 years has built our youth program into a powerhouse for Christ. He recently returned from CIY announcing 10 baptisms from the 80 people he took. He has now been invited to take a ministry in Jacksonville Florida. After much prayer from he and his wife and the whole staff, they have decided to make the move. His wife’s family is from Florida and she has been away for many years. So, we are now seeking someone to take over our junior/senior high program 6th to 12th grade, and to work alongside our unbelievable Children’s Director of 7 years.
We are waiting with great anticipation and much prayer to see who God is going to send to fill this position. If during your prayer time you find that this position might be what the Lord has in store for you, please feel free to call 812-824-1829 and ask for Jim Cain, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address119 E. Main St.
Glendale, Kentucky 42740
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationAdam Hale Phone: (270) 646-8648 Email: email@example.com
- The primary responsibility of the Student Minister is to work with the Staff, Elders, Deacons, and parents to plan and implement programs and activities for Birth-12th Grade students and their families that introduce them to Christ; disciples them in spiritual growth; and trains them to serve Christ with their life.
- On a secondary basis, and as time permits, the Student Minister will also assist other staff members in such ministry areas as evangelism, visitation, involvement, administration, and other areas of work as set forth in this job description or as directed by the Elders.
- A love for Christ and His Church
- 3-5 years experience in ministry preferred
- Doctrinal beliefs that are consistent with the Restoration Movement
- A degree from a RM college or working towards degree.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A more complete job description is available upon request.
Posted: Jul 1, 2018
Address401 E. Third Street
Manteno, Illinois 60950
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationSearch Team Phone: (815) 468-6468 Fax: (815) 468-6266 Email: email@example.com
Independent Christian Church Seeking Senior Minister:
The Christian Church of Manteno, is seeking a dynamic, biblically based Senior Minister. The ideal candidate will possess a love for the Lord, a focus on spiritual growth and evangelism, and have strong leadership qualities and a willing heart to serve the community. We would prefer a married man with a balanced life devoted to family, church and prayer.
About the Christian Church of Manteno:
The church has an average weekly attendance of 100 loyal members that are eager to serve. The Christian Church of Manteno is debt free and is served by 4 Elders, 6 Deacons and 3 Trustees with a unified vision to grow the church.
Manteno is a village of 9,500 located 50 miles south of Chicago, Illinois. This semi-rural community is located in Kankakee County. Its motto is “the Village of Values and Opportunities.”
The successful candidate should have and/or be …
➢ A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a Bible College preferably in preaching
➢ 5 years of preaching experience preferred
➢ Living a life in accordance with biblical principles
➢ Demonstrating strong leadership and teaching qualities in their life
➢ Experienced in growing the church body – spiritually and physically
Please submit 3 sermon links/transcripts or CD’s, examples of teaching or ministry leading, resume, references and a cover letter or video introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Church of Manteno
401 E 3rd Street
Manteno, IL 60950
Competitive salary and moving assistance for the selected candidate
A detailed job description can be found on our web site: https://www.ccmanteno.org
Posted: Jun 29, 2018
Address230 Delaware Avenue
Lexington, Ohio 44904
Weekly Attendance: 150-175
Contact InformationBrian Harter Phone: (419) 512-4854 Email: email@example.com
The Youth/Family Minister’s primary responsibilities will be to coordinate the Children and Youth programs at LCC. He will be a strong relationship builder that helps to coordinate all K-12 activities. This candidate will oversee our Sunday Morning Kids Own Worship (Grades K-6) and Sunday evening Adventure Club (Grades PreK – 3), RTE 456 (Grades 4-6) and Elevation (Grades 7-12) programs.
The Youth/Family Minister will work closely with the Senior Minister and report to the elders. His full role and secondary responsibilities will be coordinated with the Senior Minister and elders depending on the gifts and passions of the candidate. There will be additional opportunities to preach, participate in hospital visits and coordinate community outreach.
Benefits include paid vacation, retirement funding and medical insurance. Pay increases will be considered on a yearly basis.
Address73620 Pleasant View Dr
Adena, Ohio 43901
Weekly Attendance: 20-25
Contact InformationJohn L Cook Phone: (740) 546-3340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lord’s House is praying for a man of God that wants to minister here in Colerain, OH and surrounding areas. The Church is non-denominational with Christian church doctrine and believes that only Christ is the head of the church and only His word, the Bible, is our guide for living a Christian life. We have Sunday Morning Worship Sunday School and mid-week Bible study. We are a small rural church wanting to grow !
Posted: Jun 28, 2018
Address5515 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationKasey Newbold Phone: (317) 721-4463 Email: email@example.com
Mosaic Church is located on the near east side of Indianapolis Indiana and prayerfully searching for a part-time/bi-vocational children’s and youth minister. A college student seeking a weekend ministry would also be considered. You can find out more at www.indymosaic.org/youth-minister-part-time/
Address1813 Mountain View Rd
Stafford, Virginia 22554
Weekly Attendance: 275
Contact InformationScott McAlister Phone: (540) 720-2959 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are:
Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC) is a non-denominational church located approximately 45 minutes south of Washington DC. Stafford County is a significant suburb of the Capital with a very large and growing population, and benefits from all the latest technological advancements. We also have a large military presence which is reflected in our church body demographics. The community surrounding the church is growing rapidly and offers incredible ministry opportunities. At this time, plans and construction are already in motion to add an additional 2900 homes in the area immediately surrounding SCCC. This explosion of growth is also seen in our middle and high schools. Within five miles of SCCC we have 5500 high school students at three schools and 2800 middle school students at three schools. We’re excited about what that means for outreach and discipling opportunities. The vision of SCCC is “To create Christ followers who are bold for Christ.”
What we are looking for:
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time student minister, and desire to find someone who is passionate to reach, disciple, and equip this generation to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, and to see students on mission to reach the lost. The primary area of focus will be to oversee and coordinate all areas in the middle and high school ministry, grades 6-12. Candidates will be given the opportunities to hone other ministerial skills under the mentorship of the Senior Minister. One example of these opportunities could be preaching 3-5 times a year.
- To be a catalyst, with an energetic, infectious personality who leads students (of all walks of life) to a deep-rooted faith in Christ Jesus
- Build strong relationships with the students, parents, and student leaders
- Encourage students to become mature in Christ through Biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism, and service
- Create and implement weekly student services that provide exciting worship, Bible study, and engaging life groups
To be considered for this position the applicant must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in full-time student ministry
- Have strong Christian character, belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and live out a solid Christ-like example
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a passion for excellence and continuous development in all areas of ministry
- Be a strategic thinker who is able to create and successfully implement new programs
- Be able to collaborate with fellow staff toward the common church vision
- Have a teachable spirit, humble heart, and a bold passion to disciple our students in Christ
- Be able to adapt to the needs of SCCC and its ever-increasing number of students
- Be committed to the Biblical positions of the independent Christian Churches / Churches of Christ
Key Areas of Focus:
- Recruiting, training, discipling, and multiplying both leaders and students
- Partner with parents to be the primary influencer in the life of students
- Develop student events that are outreach focused and have appeal to draw the unsaved
- Coordinate and provide regular social, outreach, and service events
- Provide retreats, conferences, and camps
- Establish and maintain operational procedures for student ministry and an accountability structure through which safety and growth are maintained
Youth Leader Development:
- Lead the leaders with passion, excitement, and vision
- Identify, recruit, train, place and empower new leaders into the ministry
- Set up monthly meetings to collaborate in creating, developing, implementing, and continually assessing the effectiveness of an enticing, passionate student ministry
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Also send at least two videos of you teaching students.
Once your resume has been received you will be sent a confirmation. After resumes are reviewed, you may also receive a questionnaire that will need to be filled out and returned. Successful candidates will be further contacted about the next steps in the process, which will be phone/Skype interviews.
1813 Mountain View Road, Stafford, Virginia, 22554
Address1170 S Pendleton Ave
Pendleton, Indiana 46064
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationMichael Canada Phone: (765) 778-2156 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION TITLE: Director of Worship Arts
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
STATUS: Full time
PURPOSE: Facilitate the production of superior quality worship experiences; including integrated music, media, dramas and technical effects through servant lead teams.
VISION: Within the context of a Sunday morning worship experience, and through music, prayer, visual media . . . everything at one’s disposal, this position and his/her team exists to usher people into the throne room of God.
Personal Conduct Covenants:
- We will extend grace, choosing to believe others are motivated by good intentions. (Eph 4:1-3)
- We will hold our tongues, and pray. (Prov 17:28)
- We will speak the truth in love in all interactions and directly to the parties involved in disagreements. We will practice forgiveness and seek reconciliation. (Eph 4:15-16)
- We will live as children of Light and will not let any unwholesome talk come out of our mouths (or email), but only what is helpful for building others up and to benefit those who listen. We are sensitive to the presence of the Holy Spirit among us and strive not to grieve him. (Eph 4:29-32)
- We will strive to provide and promote a positive, energetic environment, where we work side by side towards a common goal and enjoy our work. (Ps 100:2, Phil 2:14)
- Forgetting what is behind, we will not predict results based on past experiences. (Phil 3:13)
- We will know and appreciate the strengths of each team member, while making weaknesses irrelevant. (Eph 4)
- We will be good stewards of time, resource and talent, doing everything we do as though we are doing it for God…. (Eph 6:7)
- We will intentionally encourage, pray for, value and bless one another. (John 13:34, Col 1:9-12)
The Director of Worship Arts will be responsible for overall worship planning, coordination, direction and growth of the worship arts ministry at Pendleton Christian Church. This position will work closely with the Senior Pastor, Student Ministry Pastor, and Communication Director, leading the development and coordination of worship leaders, technical team members, drama team, vocalists, instrumentalists, youth band members, and adult and children’s choir.
Pendleton Christian Church currently offers two Sunday morning services that mirror each other.
The Worship Experience is a critical element of our vision at Pendleton Christian Church as we strive to create an environment that draws people closer to God by preparing their hearts to hear the word and message of the Gospel. We use music, lighting, metaphors, videos, and varying stage designs to create this atmosphere.
The typical praise team consists of approximately 7 members that rotate from week to week, selected from a group of over 25 adult volunteers of worship leaders, vocalists and instrumentalists.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Passionate and creative about leading people to Jesus Christ.
- 2-5 years of worship, musical or media production experience or education required.
- Proven ability to produce results through people. Prefer a minimum of (3) years of experience in leading/managing/and team building.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products and Worship media software strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, while maintaining good judgment in decision making and prioritization.
- Detail orientation
- Impact recognition
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and aspects of the job.
Posted: Jun 27, 2018
Address430 Spruce Street
Mound City, Kansas 66056
Weekly Attendance: 153
Contact InformationDick Smith Phone: (913) 285-3593 Email: email@example.com
POSITION: Full-Time Senior Pastor
CONGREGATION SIZE: 150
SALARY RANGE: Determined based on ability, skills and/or experience
EDUCATION: Minimum Requirement-Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT: Preferred qualifications include 5 years of experience in supported pastoral ministries and 1 to 3 years experience as a Senior Minister.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method of contact)
PHONE: 913.285.3593 (Dick Smith, elder)
CHURCH WEBSITE: www.moundcitychristian.com
Mound City (http://www.moundcity.org/) is the county seat of beautiful Linn County, Kansas; conveniently located within 50 minutes of Overland Park, KS, south of the greater KC metro off highway 69. The area is renowned for sugar maple and other hardwood trees, exceptional hunting and fishing, the Sugar Mound Arts and Crafts Festival and the Linn County Fair. Mound City’s school system Jayhawk-Linn (www.usd346.org) enjoys strong community support. The church family includes several teachers, school employees from USD 346 and other school districts nearby. Mound City is a rural community of about 700 in a county of 9,500 that contains 5 residential lake developments.
Mound City Christian Church (MCCC) is a 150+ year-old congregation in a 6-year-old facility. MCCC strives to make a positive impact in the area community, providing its own weekly after-school outreach program, and by participating in the local Ministerial Association coordinating community Vacation Bible School, Easter Sunrise Services, etc. Staff includes a Family/Youth minister (with a growing program) and a part-time secretary.
The Senior Minister will work with the team of elders to provide vision and mission for the church. He is expected to project a sense of teamwork as he, the elders and staff seek God’s direction in setting goals, which will carry out God’s mission within our church and into our community. He will shepherd the congregation and will lead by example in the practice of Biblical spiritual disciplines.
- MINISTER: The Senior Minister is expected to prepare and preach scripture based relevant sermons each week, as well as help teach Sunday School or lead small groups.
- PASTOR: He will provide pastoral care with the Elders through visitation and prayer. Ability to serve our senior saints and connect to our younger families is important as well as providing family, premarital, bereavement, and (as qualified) other short-term counseling for the church family. Expectations also include officiating at wedding ceremonies, participating in funeral services, offering pastoral care to those who are sick, shut-in, and in need.
- ADMINISTRATION: The Senior Minister is directly responsible to the Board of Elders for direction, accountability, and communication. He is expected to maintain a cooperative, positive and supportive working relationship with Elder Board, other staff, lay ministry leaders, and congregation. He will organize worship team and services.
- REGIME: The position requires great flexibility in hours, days of week and location. The Senior Minister should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for reasonable accessibility and to perform pastoral duties.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry and practical ministry experience within an organized church of the independent Christian church tradition (Restoration Movement). Preferred qualifications include 5 years of experience in supported pastoral ministries and 1 to 3 years experience as a Senior Minister. Candidates must relate well to people of all ages and have a Christ-like heart for the hurting and the lost.
Must submit the following materials electronically to the MCCC Search Committee at email@example.com
- Cover letter that highlights your qualifications and fit for the position
- Include the names and contact information of at least four individuals familiar with your recent church ministry
- 1-2 sermons that demonstrate your preaching ability