The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 3, 2018
Address508 S. Walnut St.
Mt. Summit, Indiana 47361
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationBenjamin Brandt Phone: (765) 836-4335 Email: email@example.com
The primary task of the worship pastor is to design and execute Mount Summit Christian Church worship experiences in order to lead everyone who walks through our doors into a genuine encounter with Jesus. Worship Leader must provide quality musical content and leadership for Mount Summit Christian Church’s worship experiences (includes weekly services and special services and innovative new experiences).
Specific Skills Required:
– Ability to innovate, design, and execute quality worship experiences that enable all attendees to have genuine encounters with Jesus
– Keys and Lead Vocal abilities
– Ability to select and perform contemporary worship songs and traditional hymns
– Ability to lead, train, and direct worship team
– Possess solid pulse on current culture, ability to adapt to rapidly changing culture, and ability to help MSCC adapt as culture continues changing.
Posted: May 1, 2018
Address3291 N 100 E
Williamsport, Indiana 47993
Contact Informationpulpitcomm@hickmanheightscc.org Phone: (765) 764-4088 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hickman Heights Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational rural congregation in western Indiana. It is located 30 minutes from West Lafayette, Indiana (home of Purdue University), near the Illinois state line. The church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2012 and is active in community outreach, with a variety of area ministries. The congregation also maintains a three-bedroom parsonage that is a half-mile from the church. The church understands the need to be creative and innovative in reaching the current generation of unchurched individuals, while still holding true to the Biblical principles that have guided this church for over a century.
Currently, Hickman Heights Christian Church desires to obtain the ministerial services of a qualified individual with a foundation of strong biblical and spiritual knowledge reflected daily throughout his faith and practice. The ministerial candidate must hold a formal education from an accredited Bible college or university. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. The congregation is seeking to partner with a ministerial visionary who possesses strong professional skills in presentation, teaching, community outreach, leadership, and relationship building.
These are some of the expectations of the ministerial candidate:
- Have an on-going personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an active prayer life
- Build genuine relationships with individuals within the congregation and community
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the congregation in order to develop a shared vision of growth of the church
- Take an active role in our community through our schools and supported ministries
- See his role within the congregation as more than just a job
- Make it a priority to mentor and encourage youth as they grow to understand the role of God in their lives
- Hold members of the congregation accountable for sharing the work needed to reach those outside of the church
- Understand how to teach the Word of God in a way all can understand and apply
Additional information about the church and details about applying for this position can be found at the church’s website (hickmanheightscc.org) under the Ministerial Search tab.
Posted: Apr 30, 2018
Address2755 East Stroop Road
Kettering, Ohio 45440
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationDamon F. Reid Phone: (937) 299-1730 Fax: (937) 293-9842 Email: email@example.com
The person of interest:
– a committed disciple of Jesus, with a servant’s heart and a Christ-like spirit,
– believes the Bible is the inspired word of God and is obedient to His commands and precepts,
– teaches that the plan of salvation in the Scriptures includes faith, repentance, confession of faith in Christ, baptism for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and that faithfulness to Christ continues until death,
– is visionary, mission-focused and enthusiastic about God’s desire to redeem mankind.
The work includes:
– unconditionally loving teens and young adults to draw them to Christ,
– discipling teens and young adults, increasing their desire for God and a love for His Word,
– encouraging them to embrace the sacrifice and salvation offered by Jesus Christ for them,
– incorporating teens and young adults to serve and impact others for Christ,
– training teens and young adults to grow and have healthy interaction with their peers and confidence in their beliefs,
– coordinating activities for teens and young adults, being involved in their lives.
Address4430 Rocklane Rd
Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Weekly Attendance: 600
Contact InformationSeth Amerine Phone: (317) 862-4555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title Student Minister Reports to Lead Pastor/Elders
Lead and maintain a ministry that gives the opportunity to each of our students to develop a growing relationship with Christ.
- Create a ministerial environment that reaches youth of all maturity levels, backgrounds, and interests.
- Create a ministry that is self-sustaining, utilizing volunteers and other resources.
- Create a ministry that produces mature disciples of Christ which are defined by:
- Desire to know God more
- Consistent prayer life, scripture reading, and service
- Active church involvement
- Prepared to defend their faith
- Ability to share their faith
- Desire to know God more
Duties and responsibilities
- This person will maintain a growing and active personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- This would be a person who is committed to and passionate about youth ministry.
- Relational and effective communicator
- Provide a calendar of upcoming events for student, parents, Staff, and Elders.
- Come along side parents and provide training, resources, learning opportunities to help them in growing and guiding their children
- Responsibly for 6thto 12thgrade students
- Teach and preach at various gatherings not limited to youth gatherings.
- Have a healthy balance of fun and depth to all parts of ministry.
- Maintain regular programing, events, and discipleship opportunities (counseling, small groups, mentorship relationships with youth sponsors etc.) toward these goals
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Establish goals and objectives
- Work with Children’s ministry in mission, goals, transition, and continuity
- Work with lead pastor, staff, & elders to maintain unified vision overall.
- Be a presence in the school system where youth attend.
- Conducts weddings and funerals when requested.
- Maintain the budget with the treasurer.
- Other duties as requested.
This position requires a degree in ministry or equal years experience.
This position has flexible hourly expectations, as it requires weekend and evening hours.
Personal development requirements
- Maintain healthy spiritual disciplines.
- Regularly engage in training material in your field
- Required to attend at least one conference or seminar in area of Youth leadership a year. This is outside of attending conference with youth for their development.
- Network with other Youth Directors
- Actively work with Camp Allendale
Address801 Winchester Rd.
Mount Sterling, Kentucky 40353
Weekly Attendance: 380
Contact InformationBrett Stamps Phone: (859) 707-7951 Email: email@example.com
Gateway Christian Church is looking to hire a Summer Intern for our Family/ Student Ministry.
Intern will answer to as well as work alongside the Children’s Minister and parent teams to affectively minister to our Student ministry. (6th-12th grade) .
If you are interested in learning more or applying for our Summer internship, please contact Brett Stamps via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 8597077951
Address801 Winchester Rd.
Mount Sterling, Kentucky 40353
Weekly Attendance: 380
Contact InformationBrett Stamps Phone: (859) 707-7951 Fax: (000) 000-1859 Email: email@example.com
Family/ Student ministry position
Ministering to our 6th-12th grade students and families! Gateway is a well established church in a wonderful community, (Mount Sterling, Ky.) with a great staff as well as a great congregation averaging around 380. If you are interested in applying please send your resume as well as 3 valid references to firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information feel free to check out our website: gcch3.com or contact Brett Stamps at 859-707-7951
Gateway Christian Church
Job Title: Family/Student Minister
Mission Statement: Gateway desires to make disciples who love God with all their head, heart, and hands.
Qualifications: 1. Love the Lord and His people (Especially students)
2. Preferred Bachelor Degree from Bible College
3. Preferred experience in Student Ministry
4. Ability to teach, organize, and work well with others
5. Be in agreement with the constitution and doctrinal statement of Gateway Christian Church
6. Must become a member of the church
1. Ultimately responsible for the Student and Family Ministry programs for students grade 6-12.
2. Sunday Expectations:
– Oversee student worship and training including Sunday morning Life groups.
– Participate in worship services when requested.
– Attend Sunday worship services and other events of the church as time allows.
3. Responsible for personal growth and development through conferences, reading and exchange of ideas with others.
4. Responsible for organizing weekly learning opportunities for students.
5. Responsible for service/mission projects on a regular basis.
6. Responsible for planning and organizing summer camps and weeklong activities.
7. Responsible for the Family/Student ministry budget.
8. Responsible for meeting with parents and guardians of students in order to set student ministry programming.
9. Responsible for general pastoral care as needed for students and families.
10. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
11. Weekly office expectations.
Again if you are interested in applying, please send resume and 3 valid references to: email@example.com
Address1 North Walnut Street
Roachdale, Indiana 46172
Weekly Attendance: 120+
Contact InformationAlan Zerkel Phone: (765) 522-1913 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roachdale Christian Church (RCC) is seeking a senior minister to pastor a congregation with a weekly attendance of 120 and growing. RCC is an independent Christian church in Roachdale, Indiana and offers traditional and modern worship experiences. The town of Roachdale has a population of approximately 900 people, and is located approximately 35 miles west of the metropolitan Indianapolis area. Those who attend RCC and who are attracted to RCC primarily reside in Putnam, Montgomery, Parke, and Hendricks counties.
Qualified candidates will believe that Jesus died for our sins; He rose again and is alive today; we are saved by grace and are to repent of and confess our sins; and we are to be baptized by immersion. Qualified candidates will be personable, compassionate, even-tempered, of good character, and a shepherd, motivator and encourager; have a charismatic personality with the ability to teach and motivate; will display leadership, organizational, mentoring, communication, counseling, and management skills; and will have the passion for saving souls and nurturing others in to becoming fully developed disciples for Jesus Christ.
His preaching of God’s Holy Word will be dynamic, enthusiastic, and persuasive. Messages will be well-prepared with a good delivery. He will be a good communicator of the Gospel, and have the ability to lead worship services with excitement, energy, and the message of hope in Jesus Christ. He will also be a good citizen of the community and lead his personal life in a way that reflects positively upon his role as senior minister of RCC. He must also manage his own family well so that he can care for God’s church.
The ideal candidate will be a Bible College or Seminary graduate preferably with a ministerial degree; have a minimum of five years’ experience (preferred) as a senior minister at an Independent Christian Church; never divorced; and be willing to live within the Roachdale area in order to connect with the congregation and the community.
Cover letter, resume, and reference information may be emailed to email@example.com
Posted: Apr 26, 2018
Address433 Cross Road
Marion, Iowa 52302
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationHannah Stovall Phone: (713) 300-9665 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization:
Antioch Christian Church is a non-denominational church whose mission is “Leading People into a Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ.” This is accomplished by impacting families through relevant Bible teaching, celebrational worship, opportunities for serving, and relationship building. The vision of Antioch is to create a family environment through excellence in children’s, youth, and small group ministries, while encouraging all people to grow in Christ through worship, Bible study, prayer, ministry involvement and community.
About the Position:
The next Children’s Pastor of Antioch Christian Church will bear the responsibility of helping children and their families experience new life in Jesus Christ through the creation and continuation of year-round experiences in worship, learning, and service. The Children’s Pastor will serve within the expressed vision and values of Antioch Christian Church, and function as a member of the pastoral staff as directed by the church leadership team. Success in this position will be determined by:
- An authentically demonstrated passion and investment in the position of Children’s Pastor.
- A sustainably progressing and advancing Children’s Ministry.
- Efficiency in leading the volunteer demographic of the ministry with care and competency.
- Steady progression of the ministry in conjunction with the church.
What We’re Searching For:
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university, alongside 3-5 years of related experience. The successful candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers, and the ability to develop and monitor a vibrant, creative, and attractive children’s ministry that is equally focused on family-based discipleship.
Marion is a community in which the arts are cultivated and valued. A relaxed, active lifestyle is commonplace. It is an attractive community with more than 40 parks and green spaces and home to nationally acclaimed festivals. Residents enjoy affordable housing, income that is higher than the national average, nationally renowned school districts, top 100 U.S. hospitals and a vibrant arts scene. Marion as part of the greater Cedar Rapids area offers a wide variety of entertainment venues from semi-pro football, baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, etc. The area is a known leader in aerospace and software engineering. It is home to companies such as Rockwell Collins, which provides guidance and flight systems to commercial and military aircraft including Boeing, Airbus and Air Force One. One of the nations healthiest financial and economic centers, it is also a leader in manufacturing and bioprocessing. It’s most recent national rankings include:
- One of Top 100 Best Places to Live (Livability, 2013)
- One of the Top Best Places to Retire (Livability, 2013)
- One of America’s Best Cities on the Rise (Smarter Travel, 2012)
- One of the Best Places for Affordable Homes (CNN Money, 202)
- One of the Best Places for Business & Careers (Forbes, 2012)
More information and a link to apply can be found at:
Posted: Apr 25, 2018
Address13022 Wilmot Rd
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53142
Weekly Attendance: 540
Contact InformationJami English Phone: (262) 857-4743 Email: email@example.com
Position Summary: The Adults’ Minister provides leadership, direction and vision, in alignment with the “FCC Core”, regarding all adult discipleship and service.
Education and/or Experience (years): Accredited Bible College Degree and 3 years experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of adult life groups, including coaches, leaders and question writers.
- Oversee all aspects of Mission and Benevolence done through the church, including all Serve Team and Serve Team trips.
- Oversee volunteer pipeline, including recruiting, training and onboarding people into Life Groups and service opportunities
- There may be out of town travel, up to 15% of your time, including Serve Team trips, conferences and other activities.
Posted: Apr 24, 2018
Address7615 Ridge Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Weekly Attendance: 1450+
Contact InformationMark A Williams Phone: (330) 336-4622 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northside Christian Church is a growing church with over 1400 people each weekend. Northside continues to strive to fulfill the Great Commission. We actively desire to “Love God, Serve Others, and Win One.” Our leadership is working toward launching a new campus in 2019. To prepare for this launch, we are seeking a Discipleship/Connection Pastor to ensure that we are not only seeking and saving but we are also creating disciples. The campus launch will consist of two existing pastors to be the “Campus Pastor” at each location that will provide live teaching. To ensure consistent and great messages from both pulpits. The new Discipleship pastor will be required, have a desire, and ability to preach 15-20 times per year at both campuses. The candidate needs to be passionate about ministering to families, desires spiritual growth, is spiritually mature, have a Restoration Movement background, and hold a Bachelor’s degree in Ministry from a Restoration Movement College/University. Please review the job description and submit your resume and any questions to Mark Williams, the Executive Pastor at email@example.com.
Address1402 Kenwood Dr.
Russell, Kentucky 41169
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationKevin Fraley Phone: (606) 836-8944 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges Christian Church is seeking to fill a full-time Worship Minister position. Bridges Christian Church is a multi-generational, Restoration Movement church in northeastern Kentucky that averages 700 to 800 in worship. Bridges believes that Worship Ministers don’t lead songs, they lead people. At Bridges worship is more than the music before a sermon. Worship happens beyond the walls of the church, every day. The responsibility of the Worship Minister is to lead the attenders and others to live their lives like the lyrics of a song, continually praising God for His love and goodness.
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Bridges Christian Church
Position Description: The worship minister will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship minister will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship minister must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship minister is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, core values and worship philosophy of Bridges Christian Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- Degree in Ministry or Music/Worship preferred, although demonstrated experience in Worship Ministry will be considered.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Skilled in musical direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, team building, and interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledgeable in the use of worship technology.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-motivated, results-oriented contributor.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2018. Applicants should also include their personal testimony with their resume.
Posted: Apr 23, 2018
Address3150 Tates Creek Rd
Lexington, Kentucky 40502
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationRussell Brown Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tates Creek Christian Church
HIGH SCHOOL & YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and developing High School and College-age programs and activities that will lead those involved in developing and nurturing their relationship with Jesus Christ and will create a desire to bring others to know Jesus. This position reports to the Senior Minister.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a life filled with the Fruits of the Spirit and as demonstrated by a love as defined by 1 Corinthians 13. In addition, the candidate must:
- Have a strong commitment to Christ
- Have a passion for saving the lost
- Possess the desire and ability to build personal relationships with volunteers and students
- Be Theologically sound and biblically faithful
- Possess excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
- Interpersonal, Presentation and Effective Listening
- Value a team concept of ministry
- Have high moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
- Develop and implement creative ways of reaching high school and college-age young adults for Jesus Christ.
- Desire and willingness to invest into the lives of students through in-home and campus visits, (with the permission of parents / guardians, where applicable).
- Possess the ability to build relationships and provide spiritual guidance.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to use them to effectively communicate with, volunteers, parents, students and young adults.
- Serve as staff coordinator of all high school and college-age programs, including the planning and organization of these groups according to the needs of our students.
- Recruit, equip, and train mentors to serve as volunteer leaders/teachers.
- Work with mentors in selecting appropriate curriculum, planning activities, and act as the church resource person in recommending educational materials for all high school and college-age adults.
- Develop, plan and promote relationship-building activities and Spiritual-growth retreats (i.e. CIY, Passion Conference, etc).
- Plan and provide small group activities, outreach and mission opportunities, and spiritual enrichment ministry.
- Make available counseling opportunities for high school and college students and maintain competency in crisis intervention counseling.
- Serve as a member and work in harmony with the Youth and College Ministry Teams in planning and executing youth and college-age programs and activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Children’s Minister to prepare 8th graders for the transition to the High School Ministry.
- Explore current and/or develop on-campus ministry opportunities at the University of Kentucky and Transylvania University.
- Assist in administration, teaching, preaching, hospital calling, and other ministerial duties as directed by the Senior Minister.
- To perform this job successfully, it is expected that a high school diploma and likely a college degree would be required. Specifically that education / training would be in the area of Christian ministry and likely from a school recognized by the Tates Creek Christian Church Elders. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology is vital to success in this position.
- Must be an ordained Minister or possess qualifications, character and desire to become ordained.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight-hour shift, this position may require sitting for five hours and standing or walking for three hours.
Address101 South Thorncrest
Creve Coeur, Illinois 61610
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationRyan Woodard Phone: (309) 699-8421 Email: email@example.com
See Position Guide on church website for download.
Address1350 Tallow Hill Road
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania 17202
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationJerry Timbrook Phone: (717) 709-9595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates would need to be able to serve fulltime in the following areas:
3. Serve as an elder with fellow elders to shepherd the flock
Candidates should be doctrinally sound and enjoy working with people.
Congregation was planted in 1991 and moved into their own building in 2000. Church mortgage was recently paid off 5 years early.
Address203 Virginia Ave.
Carterville, Illinois 62918
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationDon Yewell Phone: (618) 889-2321 Fax: (618) 985-6852 Email: email@example.com
Small Christian Church in growing community near John A. Logan College and Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeking Senior Minister. Church is active in the community, mission minded, and looking for growth oriented leader. Candidate’s focus will be to broaden Christ’s values within our congregation and expand those values throughout our community. Community is centrally located between Nashville, TN and St. Louis, MO and is fortunate to have of Illinois’ highest rated school districts.