The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Dec 12, 2017
Address9489 Mason Lewis Rd
Maysville, Kentucky 41056
Weekly Attendance: 40-50
Contact InformationKenny Sapp or Paul Redmond Phone: (606) 564-6770 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To serve as full or part time minister. Lead Sunday Morning and Sunday evening worship and Wednesday Evening bible study. Resume can be mailed to the church. For more information please contact Kenny Sapp at 606-742-2481 or Paul Redmond 606-564-4500
Posted: Dec 7, 2017
Address2931 W. Herbison Rd
DeWitt, Michigan 48820
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationSarah Heckaman Phone: (517) 669-5000 Email: email@example.com
Title: Worship Minister
As Worship Minister, they will work closely with the Senior Minister and Worship Team of the DeWitt Christian Church (DCC) in cultivating worship services that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship by incorporating the best of the old and the best of the new is a key priority for our church.
This individual is expected to be gifted in leading congregational worship, possess leadership and organizational skills, and be a team player.
• Models and leads heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
• Leads weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: preparation for Sunday and cultivation of Christ-centered community.
• Builds on our traditions and has a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
• Participates in personal continuing education by attending conventions, seminars or classes in professional and/or spiritual development.
• Is familiar with the policies and procedures of DCC and recommends revisions to enhance or improve them, as necessary.
• Facilitates regular and ongoing communication as appropriate within the ministry.
• Plans and coordinates monthly Worship ministry meetings
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time position
TIME REQUIRED: 15-20 hours per week
SKILLS & EDUCATION:
• Proficiency in use of musical instruments is required
• Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are required
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Relevant experience preferred
POSITION SUPERVISES: Various Ministry Volunteers
POSITION REPORTS TO: Elders
Salary range: $250 – $325/week
Continuing education expenses
Please submit cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address10800 Outer Lincoln Avenue
Newburgh, Indiana 47630
Weekly Attendance: 3500
Contact InformationJenny Aliotta Phone: (812) 858-8668 Email: email@example.com
Department: Family Ministry Department
Reports To: High School Pastor & Middle School Pastor
Pay Status: Hourly
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
All applicants must apply online at cccgo.com/employment
General Summary and Objective: Responsibilities include being in charge of all assimilation and follow-up that pertains to the High School and Middle School as it relates to weekly services and Small Groups.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee student assimilation and follow-up by:
- Making contact with first time guests
- Ensuring there is a seamless process for students to be engaged in ministry opportunities
- Developing and implementing a process for re-connecting with students who have repeatedly missed services or Small Group
- Creating and implementing an onboarding process for grade level transitions
- Oversee Youth Leaders for weekly services by:
- Scheduling volunteers for their designated tasks and responsibilities for that week
- Developing a Leadership Team of volunteers that oversee each Student Volunteer Team
- Keeping track of leader’s attendance
- Keeping constant communication with Adult and Student Leaders
- Oversee leadership of Small Groups by:
- Recruiting adults for Small Group leadership
- Assisting in the resourcing of Small Groups with lesson materials and shepherding tools
- Encouraging and facilitating Small Group multiplication
- Ensuring a seamless process for students to become engaged in Small Groups
- Communicating regularly with Small Group leaders
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
- Fully committed follower of Christ
- Champion of vision, values, and culture of Crossroads Christian Church
- Ability to work in harmony with other staff members
- Exceptional model of personal integrity
- Excellent communicator
- Administrative Assistant experience preferred
- Ability to create a fun and engaging ministry atmosphere
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and administrate
During office hours, this job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. During programming times, this job is much more hands-on. It requires the individual to be around students, working alongside and ministering to them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. This position is required to lift up to 30 lbs. and be able to move items such as furniture or equipment around to help set up for events and programming.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full time, 40 hours a week. Typical hours include Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Wednesday 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM.
This position may be required to travel for conferences, camps, and trainings.
December 6, 2017
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Oversee student assimilation and follow-up by:
Posted: Dec 6, 2017
Address155 NW 1st Street
Lake Butler, Florida 32054
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationOwen Beatty Phone: (904) 263-0803 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a staff of volunteers currently dedicated to our students that will stay involved. We have a strong children’s ministry as well. Potential involvement in worship is available. We are located in beautiful north central Florida. We’re an hour from either coast. We’re in a small town with very active sports and 4h programs. While we are very rural, it’s only minutes to major cities and Universities/colleges.
Address104 McKinley Street
Kenai, Alaska 99611
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationAdam Meyers Phone: (907) 283-4559 Email: email@example.com
Kenai Christian Church in Kenai, Alaska is seeking a youth minister for a full-time paid position. The youth minister will oversee all things youth related for grades 6th-12th including curriculum, teaching, sponsor management, retreats, camps, activities, missions opportunities, and various other roles. The youth minister will also form good communication with the parents of the youth to equip them to minister to their children. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider the right candidate who has a passion for leading youth to walk with Jesus. Kenai Christian Church is an independent, locally autonomous Christian congregation modeled after God’s Word. The elders at Kenai Christian Church serve as the overseers and leaders of the congregation. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.
Posted: Dec 5, 2017
Address18420 Battery Park Rd
Smithfield, Virginia 23430
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationJoe Thompson Phone: (757) 357-6644 Email: email@example.com
Smithfield Christian Church is searching for a leader with a love for God, children, and the church to be our Children’s Minister. Over the past 3 years, the number of children attending our church has tripled and we believe that God will continue to bring more families to SCC. Because of this, we want to be prepared to offer ministry opportunities to grow children and families in their relationships with God and each other. Our current core of volunteers and programs will be a great springboard for a new leader to take this ministry to the next phase that God has in store.
In addition to leading and developing our Children’s Ministry, you will be given the opportunity help develop the overall ministry of SCC.
SCC is a small, but growing church in the small town of Smithfield, VA which is a bedroom community for larger cities like Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and Norfolk.
You can learn more about our church on our website, www.smithfieldchristian.com. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Dec 1, 2017
Address200 E. Mountcastle Drive
Johnson City, Tennessee 37601
Weekly Attendance: 1200
Contact InformationNikki Hunt Phone: (423) 232-5700 Fax: (423) 926-6661 Email: email@example.com
This full-time member of our Student Ministry team equips, trains, and ministers to students and their families. This individual must be passionate about students, knowledgeable about their context, willing to engage families and focused on developing leaders.
Posted: Nov 30, 2017
Address7188 Greenwood Road
Shreveport, Louisiana 71119
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationJon Bailey Phone: (318) 210-4458 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westview Christian Church is looking for an individual to plan, develop, oversee and direct the teaching and activities of the youth in the church, children through high school. We are looking for someone that is called to working with young people and leading them to a personal relationship with Christ. We are also looking for someone that is willing to help lead worship on Sundays (having a music background and/or the ability to play an instrument would be valuable). We would love to talk with someone that has the desire to work in a church that wants to reach the lost.
Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Have a compassion for youth. An energetic, enthusiastic, self-starter that can organize and develop biblical classroom and practical teaching, along with fellowship and learning events.
Minimum academic qualifications include: a Bachelor’s Degree, with an academic background in Youth Ministry, Ministry, Bible Ministry, or Practical Ministry, and/or prior experience in Youth Ministry.
If married, the Youth Minister must have a healthy marital relationship and uphold Biblical teaching regarding the sanctity of marriage and subsequent lifestyle. If single, applicants must demonstrate spiritual maturity and uphold Biblical standards about relationships. The Youth Minister must keep themselves in accord with Biblical teaching (1 Timothy 4:11-16).
Accept and promote Westview’s Statement of Faith.
Additional duties will include teaching, developing the VBS program, organizing youth events, and working in a church camp. Duties may also include driving a van to pick up and take home youth.
The hours for this position are at least 40 hours per week. These hours are flexible and will be developed and worked through the Senior Minister and Elders.
Compensation: $35,000 – $55,000 (dependent upon experience)
Send your resume to the following address:
Westview Christian Church
Attn: Elders (Youth Minister Application)
7188 Greenwood Road
Shreveport, LA 71119
Posted: Nov 29, 2017
Address936 Winifred Road
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Weekly Attendance: 110
Contact InformationLeo Lavin Phone: (301) 722-6516 Email: Leo.email@example.com
Full-time Youth minister needed. We are seeking a man with a Bachelor’s degree from a Restoration Movement college to do Full-time youth ministry @ Winifred Road Church of Christ (WRCC) in Cumberland, Maryland. Working mostly with grades 6-12 in teaching and spiritual guidance he would also oversee the children’s ministry. His ministry opportunities would include developing, equipping, and guiding a youth ministry team, community interaction, visits, conferences, camp, concerts, missions, sports, etc. He would also assist in calling, preaching, planning + administration within the larger church body. He would lead Wednesday’s teen program called “The Next Chapter” and oversee the “Kids for Christ” child evangelism program.
WRCC mission statement is CONNECT to God and others, GROW together, GO to the lost. We have 2 services on Sunday morning (1 Blended, 1 contemporary,) with an average weekly attendance of 110 (including 20 children). Current leadership includes 2 ministers, 4 elders, 1 deacon, 1 youth intern, and a volunteer secretary.
Package requires 40+ hours per week. Benefits include $30,000 per year salary, paid vacation, ½ FICA paid, medical help, and paid ministry expenses. Our goal is to have completed fundraising and have a youth minister on staff by June 2018. Applications are being received as of November 27, 2017 by Leo Lavin at Leo.firstname.lastname@example.org. Winifred Road Church of Christ, 936 Winifred Road, Cumberland, MD 21502. 301-722-6516
Address6286 W. State Rd 144
Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationEric Allen Phone: (317) 422-5718 Email: email@example.com
We looking for International Students for official or unofficial internships to help them prepare for a future in ministry.
- Grow your skills and passion for God and ministry by working alongside our excellent ministry staff.
- Learn to be a part of a local church working to embrace other cultures as we learn to share Christ together.
- Internships are held at our church campus offering real ministry experience providing both focused and general ministry experience.
- Be a part of a host family and find life-long loving relationships.
- Internships are paid positions as a part of our ministry staff with housing and meals provided.
- Internships vary in length dependent on student availability and college course requirements.
You can find more information and apply online at http://bluffcreek.org/internships.
Posted: Nov 28, 2017
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationWilliam Arnold Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
E5 Church Staffing is pleased to announce an opening for an Associate Minister with an emphasis in Family Ministries for First Christian Church Belleville, in Belleville Illinois.
Belleville is a growing bedroom community of approximately 43,000 people just outside of St. Louis. It is home to over 10 colleges and universities within a 20 mile radius and boasts a strong young adult and young family population.
The Associate Minister’s primary responsibilities will be coordinating the Children and Youth Ministries of FCC. He will be a strong relationship builder that helps to coordinate all K-12 activities. FCC considers themselves a relationship oriented church and strongly prefers that the associate minister recruits and develops a strong volunteer base rather than simply doing everything themselves. Success will be measured primarily through the investment into and development of youth sponsors and the growth of relationships with young families in the church and the community.
The Associate Minister will work closely with the Sr. Minister and report to the elders. His full role and secondary responsibilities will be coordinated with the Sr. Minister depending on the gifts and passions of the candidate. There will be additional opportunities to preach, lead worship, participate in hospital visits, champion a first impressions ministry, coordinate community outreach, and develop relationships with college students.
First Christian Church is in the midst of an exciting season of change as God moves them into a new season of life. The person filling this role is a strategic hire that will have a lot of flexibility in helping the church enter into this new season. The elders and staff are excited to place a strong emphasis on young families and are relying on this person to help lead the charge.
A college degree is preferred but not required for this position. Experience can be substituted for education. Non-traditional candidates are welcome to apply. Salary range is 36-40,000 DOE.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will not be able to respond to every application. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your submission, you have not been chosen to move forward in the search process.
Address3150 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502
Contact InformationTommy Simpson Phone: (859) 537-6712 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER / CREATIVE ARTS MINISTER
Tates Creek Christian Church
“Tates Creek Christian Church, Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking a Contemporary Worship Leader & Creative Arts Minister. The position is full-time and will include responsibility for planning and coordinating the weekly Contemporary Worship service to lead worshippers to the throne of God and to enhance the sermon. In establishing and leading the Creative Arts Ministry, the position will be responsible for finding creative ways to help communicate the weekly themes and special programs up to and including short videos, graphics, and musical drama programs. The church is located within two miles of the University of Kentucky campus, so the opportunity for outreach is great. The successful candidate will have completed or be working toward a ministry degree from a recognized Restoration Movement College or University. See the attached for job description for further information. To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Tommy Simpson at email@example.com.
Responsible to the Senior Minister for planning, coordinating, and promoting creative aspects of
ongoing and special programs and church publications. Responsibilities also include leadership
of the contemporary worship service.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
• Commitment to Christ
• Theologically sound and biblically faithful
• Excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
o Effective listening
• Values a team concept of ministry
• High moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER/DIRECTOR ROLE
• Develop, in conjunction with Senior Minister, appropriate annual and weekly worship
service themes and plans.
• Lead worship in the contemporary service.
• Coordinate volunteers and musicians with setting up/tear down with special attention to the
audio and visual equipment.
• Evaluate lyrics of all music to ensure they are biblically sound.
• Provide ministerial guidance to those involved in the service.
• Develop creative elements to reinforce the ideas put forth in the sermon.
• Develop services that will be meaningful and relevant and provide a multi-sensory
worship experience and learning environment.
• Use social media to communicate vision, themes, topics, and to keep open lines of
communication with those who attend.
• Keep current with new worship music and implement into the service.
• Spend time memorizing music to better engage the congregation with eye contact.
• Spend time working on transitions between songs/service elements so there is no “dead
• Promote the contemporary service to the community and to all nearby colleges and
• Provide service opportunities through music, set-up/tear-down, audio/video, greeters, etc.
• Provide service projects/opportunities outside of the service.
• Lead and oversee all rehearsals.
• Recruit new musicians and volunteers.
• Develop all front of house presentations (ProPresenter).
• Provide training for all audio/video tech volunteers.
CREATIVE ARTS MINISTER ROLE
• Lead Communications Team in generating ideas and plans to support and promote church
activities, ministries, and special events.
• Work with Worship staff and other ministers to plan, coordinate, and carry out special
events programs in furtherance of the church mission and vision.
• Work with staff to develop and produce video presentations for desired aspects of church
• Maintain Social Networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) with excellence.
• Design service communication pieces that support and enhance the service experience
including any announcement videos and ministry promotional videos
• Oversee video testimonies.
• Design message series theme graphics or oversee production by an outside firm.
• Stay abreast of current graphic design trends, software and publishing resources, printing,
and photography updates.
• Design graphics for special events or as requested by leadership. May utilize an outside
design firm as necessary.
• Oversee and coordinates photography support for church activities.
• Oversee content and layout of programs on in-house monitors.
• Oversee presentation of church web app.
• Oversee presentation of the church website.
• Musical abilities.
• Proficient vocally (singing) and with guitar and/or keyboard.
• Working knowledge of sound and media technology.
• Experience with leading or administration of a contemporary service.
• Experience in media and creative arts, especially with regard to technology.
• Proven success in the ability to utilize volunteers and lead a team.
To perform this ministry job successfully, it is expected the candidate has a college degree or
be working toward the degree. Specifically, that education/training would be in an area of
Christian ministry and likely from a school recognized by the Tates Creek Christian Church
Elders. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology are vital to
success in this position.
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling,
and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight-hour shift, this position may require sitting for five hours
and standing or walking for three hours.
Address625 Meadowbrook Drive
King, North Carolina 27021
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationGlenn Van Meter Phone: (336) 983-2206 Fax: (336) 985-3559 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church (King, North Carolina) is seeking a Student Minister who is passionate about building relationships with students and working alongside their parents to help them grow in their faith. The primary responsibilities will be to lead our student ministries for middle schoolers, high schoolers and our college students. This person would also be encouraged to be involved in other ministries in the church including: some preaching, working with our children’s director, and helping to strengthen either our Music/Worship Services or enhance our Media/Technology development. We are looking for a graduate from a Christian Church/Church of Christ background who has a passion to see others come to know the Lord, and build a faith that’s real and lasting. Discipleship, accountability and personal growth is expected and will be encouraged along the journey.
First Christian averages 250 on a Sunday in a town of around 7,000 people. Compensation package commensurate with experience/ability. Interested candidates may send their questions and resume’s to
Glenn Van Meter, Pastor
First Christian Church
P.O. Box 504
King, NC 27021
Posted: Nov 27, 2017
Address3150 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502
Contact InformationTommy Simpson Phone: (859) 537-6712 Email: email@example.com.
“Tates Creek Christian Church, Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking a Church Administrator. The position is full-time and is responsible for all financial, facility, and business operations of the church. Effective leadership of the administrative and facility staff is also an important part of the position. The church is located within two miles of the University of Kentucky campus, so the opportunity for outreach is great. The successful candidate will have a background of leadership in a Restoration Movement Church or Ministry and a degree in business or ministry. See the attached for job description for further information. To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Tommy Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Tates Creek Christian Church
Responsible to the Senior Minister and the Elders for all the business, financial, and facility management of the church operation. This includes structures and systems for church communication and oversight of some ministerial and support staff.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
- Commitment to Christ
- Theologically sound and biblically faithful
- Excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
- Effective listening
- Values a team concept of ministry
- High moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
- Supervise and seek to improve our system of financial accountability seeking to keep the church programs operating within budget. Staff representative to the Financial Ministry Team.
- Responsible for preparation and compilation of annual budget for consideration and approval of the Elders.
- Responsible for collecting quotes, negotiating terms, and contracting (with the approval of the Elders) for all insurance policies, ongoing contracts, and other purchases.
- Coordinate, negotiate, and contract (with the approval of the Elders) for all personnel benefits, including health insurance policies, on an annual basis.
- Serve as the Staff representative to the Personnel Committee for the evaluation of personnel policies and benefits.
- Select, coordinate, and maintain the optimal use of all office equipment including computer (hardware and software), inter office network, Internet services, and phone system. This includes the church management software (member database) and financial software.
- Responsible for the approval of the design and production of all church communications, including any or all of the following: website, social media sites, church app, electronic or printed newsletters, Sunday morning bulletin. This includes ordering any outside graphic design work.
- Provide direct supervision of the Facility Manager, custodial, and secretarial staffs, taking the necessary actions to maintain a high level of effectiveness.
- Maintain the church calendar, scheduling events for all church programs, van usage, community organizations, weddings, etc.
- Coordinate the church calendar with all the staff including the custodial and secretarial staffs. This includes making sure the Ministerial Staff is scheduled for daily hospital visits and the desired number of Ministers in the office each day.
- Organize programs and schedule within the LIFE Ministries for the safe and effective use of the building for exercise and fellowship. Collect the annual LIFE Ministries Membership Fee from users not members of TCCC.
- Serve as the Staff representative to Facilities Ministry Team.
- Supervise inventory supplies such as office supplies and dry goods.
- Ensure adequate facilities, multi-media equipment, audio-visual equipment, supplies etc. are available for Bible School Classes, Wednesday Evening Classes, and Church Bible Studies, which are on site.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Senior Minister.
- Accounting and/or business experience and knowledge
- Proficient in organization
- Skilled and comfortable in the use of technology
- Proven ability to lead staff effectively
To perform this ministry job successfully, it is expected that the candidate have a college degree. Specifically, that education / training would be in an area of business or accounting. Formal biblical education or a proven understanding of biblical knowledge and ministry is also essential to success in this position. Previous experience as an Executive Minister is preferred but not required. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology is vital to success in this position.
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight hour shift, this position may require sitting for six hours and standing or walking for two hours.
Address1187 Flat Shoals Road
King, North Carolina 27021
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationThomas Kiger Phone: (336) 413-5800 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionCapella Church of Christ is looking for a minster for the contemporary service. Successful applicant must be:-Bible-centered minister-Prepare and preach Sunday sermons-Teach Bible study weekly-Provide counsel and comfort to the congregants-Be an active member of the Church Leadership Team-Prepared to work hard along side the congregation to grow the churchInterested applicants should inquire for full job description and further questions.