The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Address6900 Market Ave N
Canton, Ohio 44721
Weekly Attendance: 1800
Contact InformationSeth Heller Phone: (330) 456-2600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church is passionate about reaching out to our community with unconditional love to tell them that Jesus is for them, to invite them to follow Him, and to encourage and help them grow in their faith. Our staff team is made up of men and women who love Jesus, love people, and love the
church! We are looking for someone to join our team as Tech Director to help create excellent creative environments for people to meet Jesus, connect to the church, and grow in their faith!
• A mature, growing follower of Jesus
• A self-starter who thrives on a team
• Hard-working but love to have fun
• A motivating team-builder
• Administratively and organizationally gifted
• Committed to excellence personally and professionally
• Humble and servant-hearted
• Carry FCC’s vision and strategy to the church through the weekend services.
• Maintain alignment of FCC’s mission, vision, values, culture, strategy, operating procedures and policies within your area of ministry oversight.
• Function as the technical “quality manager”, taking responsibility for how things look and feel and striving for excellence in all technical aspects of the weekend service.
• Champion the weekend worship experience from a technical aspect: providing leadership and oversight to all system support (A/V/L) including equipment operation and maintenance; serving as the Service Production Director ensuring all technical elements are in place and that volunteers
are equipped and engaged; filling roles like front-of-house audio or other positions when volunteers are not available or as-needed otherwise.
• Develop a great team by recruiting, training, scheduling, and leading volunteers for service production, events, weddings, and funerals, etc.; providing basic training to other ministries’ volunteers for recurring events (for example, children’s ministry, student ministry, etc.); prepare
volunteers for leadership and then release ministry to them so they can truly lead; provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the wellbeing of your team of volunteers.
• Be part of the Creative Team, designing and executing creative elements for worship services.
• Provide technical support for events outside of weekend services.
• Attend weekly all-staff meetings and service programming meetings; bi-weekly Pastors/Directors meetings; Creative Team meetings as scheduled; other meetings as directed.
• Meet all First Christian Church partnership requirements.
You’ll love working at FCC if:
• You love to dream big, work hard, have fun, and make a difference
• You care about your teammates and want your teammates to care about you
• You’re a self-starter and can lead creatively and conscientiously
• You know that teams function best when others come first
• You naturally and lovingly serve those around you
Your work schedule will be:
• 40+ hours/week, Sunday-Thursday with regular weekend and evening responsibilities.
Want to throw your hat in the ring? Email your cover letter and resume with references in PDF format to Worship Arts Pastor Seth Heller (email@example.com).
Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Address8030 East 600 South
Wolcottivlle, Indiana 46795
Weekly Attendance: 275
Contact InformationBrian Walter Phone: (260) 242-0029 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: ASSOCIATE MINISTER
Students, Families, Young Adults, & Education
I. General Description
The Connections Minister is the minister and administrator of the South Milford Church of Christ student, family, and young adult ministries & education.
Principle Function: Students
Responsible for the organization and development of the high school student ministry.
Principle Function: Families
Responsible for the organization and development of discipleship ministries geared towards marriage, men’s groups, and women’s groups. Will work cooperatively with and as a resource for the senior minster and children’s minister.
Principle Function: Young Adults
Responsible for the organization and development of the young adult ministry.
Principle Function: Education
Responsible for the organization and development of small groups, high school and adult Sunday school, and prayer groups. Will work cooperatively with and as a resource for the senior minster and children’s minister.
1. Cooperate with elders, deacons, and staff in promoting the entire ministry of SMCC.
2. Be involved in leading ministry opportunities away from SMCC.
3. Participate in special programs at SMCC.
4. Support the ministry of SMCC by practicing the biblical model of stewardship of time, talents, and finances.
5. Budgetary responsibility for the student, family, young adult, and education programs; oversight of spending and expense reporting as defined by leadership.
6. Promoting and publicizing all student, family, young adult, and education activities and events in conjunction with the staff and other committees.
7. Ensuring that all safety measures and legal liabilities are met during all activities.
8. Other duties as assigned by senior minister and the elders (ex: preaching, calling, funerals, weddings, visitation, etc.)
Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Address1029 Lewis Road
Mansfield, Ohio 44903
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationOntario Christian Church Phone: (419) 529-5684 Email: email@example.com
Position: Family Life Minister
Reports to: Senior Minister and Elders
Direct reports from: Children’s Ministry Director
Commitment: Full Time (40 Hours)
Financial Package: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Summary of Position
The Family Life Minister is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. He is first an advocate for the young (children, youth and early adults) because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and least experienced in the Christian life. He is next an advocate for the parent of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young. He is third concerned for other mature adults because they have an important role in the discipleship and mentoring of parents and young people, alike.
Areas of responsibility
The Family Life Minister will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their parents. They will work closely with the Community Group leaders to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that young people have spiritual mentors when their parent cannot be the model.
- Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth.
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
- Ensure that ministry leaders connect regularly to the homes so parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
- Personally lead and teach at the Student Ministry Gatherings as well as equip and empower other adults to do the same.
- Schedule and facilitate mission trips, conferences, outreaches, etc for the Student Ministry.
- Support the Students by attending some of their events as well as interacting with them throughout the week by engaging in spiritual life conversations.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Oversee training that leads parents into biblical study in order to help them understand their role and responsibilities in shepherding their kids.
- Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family.
- Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God.
- Work with the Senior Minister and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
Equipping and Encouraging Parents
- Work with ministry leaders to bridge the gap between what children and youth are learning in their programs and what adults are learning in theirs.
- Guide ministry leaders in selecting or developing a curriculum that is cohesive from birth to adulthood and helps parents to complement the church learning with home learning.
- Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a way that corporate unity is maintained.
- Worship Planning and Leading
- Training Leaders
- Other gifted areas
If interested in learning more:
- Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be sure to include at least 3 references (1 being from a ministry leader such as a current or former minister, elder, etc)
- Once we receive your resume we will send you a follow up letter with more information about us.
- We will also do our best to keep you up to date on our current search.
- Feel free to check out our Facebook and Website pages as well. https://ontariochristian.faithlifesites.com/
Address7920 South 7 Hwy
Blue Springs, Missouri 64014
Contact InformationDavid Judd Phone: (816) 229-7311 x239 Email: email@example.com
Position Summary: Work with Blue Springs Christian Church NextGen Pastor to build and execute NextGen ministry programming for the Children’s, Student, and Young Adult ministries. This will include activities and experience in all three ministries but will be customized according to the interests of the resident and the needs of the ministries and church. This will include general pastoral care of children and students, partnering with parents, and leading and developing leaders.
Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Address1578 Dayton Rd NE
Newark, Ohio 43055
Weekly Attendance: 270
Contact InformationGus Andrews Phone: (740) 345-3900 Email: amen@LVChurch.net
The Youth Minister provides direction and oversight for all youth programming (preschool – 12th grade) at the Licking Valley Church of Christ. They will recruit, train, support and oversee all volunteers and teachers. The Youth Minister will work closely with our entire Church Staff to implement and develop programs to help develop a spiritual foundation for our young people in conjunction with their parents. Email amen@LVChurch.net for a more complete list of responsibilities and qualifications.
Address400 Ackerly Street
Mccomb, Ohio 45858
Contact InformationJeff Fuller Phone: (419) 293-3633 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate / Youth Minister Position: Our Youth Minister, of 7 years, has moved to be closer with family. The former minister has built an incredibly vibrant program and has left the department in very good condition with ministry teams in place. We also have a interim minister who will see us through the transition period. As a candidate progresses through the process, we will provide access to the former Youth Minister and the interim minister to help our candidate better understand the Church and this valued position.
As God draws a person to this position, we are willing to build around an individuals strengths and weaknesses. Pay will be based upon experience, education, and ability. We are also willing to work with a Bible college student who desires to serve in a part time capacity as they finish school.
Accountability: This administrative position is responsible for ages birth through college. You will report directly to the Senior Pastor, and will attend monthly Elder’s meetings with a report on progress, challenges, and plans.
Position Requirements: Must possess a deep love, commitment and passion for Jesus Christ, His Church, the Bible, and the fulfillment of the great commission. We are looking for a person who possesses or is working toward a Bible or ministry degree. You must be able to pass a background and credit check. To help us get to know you better, we would also like for you to take a personality test of our choosing.
This person must be able to: lead teams, organize themselves and their department, replicate leaders, be incredibly flexible and adaptive, be relational, teach relevant messages, love and work well with others who are different than yourself, thrive under pressure, communicate clearly, learn from mistakes, manage budgets and deadlines.
We are not looking for a person who heroically has all the graces to personally accomplish everything that is given to their care. Rather, we are looking for a person who is able to recognize, coach, and utilize the many talents of others around them; all for the purpose of equipping God’s saints for service.
If this position has peeked your interest and you want to inquire more, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Address5515 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationKasey Newbold Phone: (317) 509-5653 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mosaic Church is seeking a part time worship leader to work with an amazing group of musicians and other volunteers in leading our community to worship fully. For more details please visit indymosaic.org/worship-minister-part-time/
Address20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, Pennsylvania 17744
Contact InformationLycoming Christian Church Email: email@example.com
Full Time Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults
Lycoming Christian Church in Linden, PA (suburb of Williamsport) is seeking a Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults. The goal of the ministry would be to oversee, develop, and expand programs for children, youth, and young adults as well as train leader volunteers.
To receive an application and information packet, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or a request letter to:
Lycoming Christian Church
Attn: Bonnie Williams
20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, PA 17744
The application deadline is February 10, 2020.
Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Address6300 Price Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Weekly Attendance: 850+
Contact InformationCharles Cline Phone: (513) 677-7600 Email: email@example.com
River Hills Christian Church is looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry to join our excellent staff and help accomplish our purpose of connecting people to God and each other.
What do we value?
- We seek to honor him in our daily lives as we follow his teachings.
- We believe the best about our fellow staff members and always have one another’s best interest at heart. We are family.
- Jesus deserves our best. We do our jobs well.
- We are generous with our church in our time, our resources and our knowledge.
- Our attitude of gratitude creates a positive workplace culture.
- We offer valuable training in our staff meetings and at various conferences. The more we grow the greater our impact for Jesus in the church and in our world.
- We have fun together! Staff fun days give us a chance to connect and enjoy each other.
Who are we looking for? Someone who…
- Loves Jesus and honors him.
- Welcomes children and their families warmly.
- Loves children and has a passion to see that they know, trust and follow Jesus.
- Will encourage, train and support families.
- Is organized with their time, workspace and workload.
- Has the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Can recruit, schedule, and equip a team of volunteers.
- Is outgoing, fun, and happy with a positive sense of humor.
- Has the ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Children’s Ministry.
What does the job entail?
- Oversight of birth through 6th grade
- Weekly lesson planning and preparation
- Weekly communication with parents
- Weekly follow-up with first time guests
- Creating an energetic, fun environment on Sunday where children connect with Jesus and each other
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling a volunteer team
- Creating a secure environment for our children
- Quarterly special events
Please answer the following questions with your resume:
- Describe your personal relationship with Jesus.
- Describe an energetic, fun environment from your perspective.
- Define your plan to identify, recruit and equip a team of volunteers?
Please send your resume to Contact@riverhillscc.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Address3365 Georgetown Road
Owenton, Kentucky 40359
Weekly Attendance: 32
Contact InformationCarolyn Cobb Phone: (502) 750-2271 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a friendly, outgoing, people person who wants to minister as well as preach. Someone with leadership skills. Must have sound biblical doctrine that alines with the Restoration Movement. We are located in a friendly rural community. We want someone who wants to live in and become a part of our community. A parsonage is provided.
AddressPO Box 221
State College, Pennsylvania 16804
Contact InformationWilliam (Buzz) Roberts Phone: (814) 883-1318 Email: email@example.com
Collegiate Ministry Opportunities
Christian Student Foundation of Pennsylvania
Summary: The Christian Student Foundation of Pennsylvania (CSFPA), a collegiate ministry organization with headquarters in State College, PA, is seeking qualified individuals with a desire to see the advancement of God’s Kingdom on the secular university/college campus.
The applicants must have a calling and heart for campus ministry, with strong biblical teaching/preaching backgrounds along with the ability to communicate effectively the message of the gospel within mentoring relationships.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong visionary gifts, administrative skills and biblical knowledge. Essential qualities and skills include planning, self-motivation, organizational and management skills, public speaking and communication abilities, creativity, spiritual mentoring, ability to resolve problems and use of sound biblical judgment.
As is typical in many ministry organizations, CSFPA is a faith-based ministry relying on faithful contributions of individuals and congregations. These positions require personal support raising for salary and benefits. Therefore, the candidates are expected to be the primary drivers for fundraising in these positions.
A detailed job description for the various positions (listed below) with the Christian Student Fellowship on these campuses are available upon request.
Application materials should include a letter of interest and resume. A detailed application will be required of the candidate following the initial inquiry into the availability of the positions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
For additional information or to submit your resume contact William H. (Buzz) Roberts, Executive Director of CSFPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon University
Campus Minister (men’s ministry)
Campus Minister (women’s ministry)
Campus Minister (worship ministry)
Penn State University University Park, PA
Campus Minister (men’s ministry)
Campus Minister (worship ministry)
Penn State – Brandywine Media, PA
Pennsylvania College of Technology Williamsport, PA
Bloomsburg University Bloomsburg, PA
Posted: Dec 9, 2019
Address116 S Spring Street
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Contact InformationTim Yates Phone: (814) 355-2884 Email: email@example.com
Are you looking to do REAL Ministry?
Relevant – Biblically-based, contemporary-application
Evangelistic – Reaching our community and beyond
Affirming – Supportive and supported
Life-Changing – Formative impact on our youth and their families
If so, then we may have the position for you!
Watermarke Church seeks to expand its ministry reach by adding a Youth and Family Minister to partner with our congregation in our unconventional approach to worship, service, and outreach to our greater Central Pennsylvania community. This full-time position will work with our current staff and volunteers to evangelize, disciple, and equip our next generation of believers and their families. The position would include the coordination of children and youth education, training youth and adult volunteers, leading youth-based worship and bible study programs, and leading youth-based mission trips.
Our 150-member congregation currently employs a full-time senior pastor and part-time ministry assistant. We meet at the local middle school but also operate and minister through our Church Office and Ministry Center. Formed in 2005, our purpose is “inviting people into a growing relationship with Christ”, while our vision is “Finding Jesus, Knowing Jesus, and Showing Jesus”.
So, if God is calling you to minister to “REAL people walking with a REAL God in ordinary living,” then please consider joining our team, as we do things a little differently, to make that mark in the lives of our church and community.
Watermarke Church is located in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, 12 minutes from Penn State University in State College. Our local community offers hiking, camping, fishing and hunting, as well as a wide range of activities, hobbies, culture and conveniences not often found in other rural regions. For more information about the area, please refer to the following links:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, recent photo, and a video sample of teaching Jr./Sr. High Youth and/or Children to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to include a brief description of the context of your video for clarity.
Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Address209 West Church Street
West Salem, Illinois 62476
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationDustin Leek Phone: (618) 456-8563 Email: email@example.com
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
The Associate Pastor is one who is gifted and is called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and missions both personally and at the ministry level within a multi-generational congregation setting. He has a passion for the Word of God and desire to proclaim the Word of God with conviction and confidence always moving the congregation towards taking consistent spiritual steps. He is missions-minded and will lead the congregation to serve both locally and globally. The Associate Pastor is one who casts a vision for the ministries under his direction. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the gospel boldly from the pulpit, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
Detailed Job Description
The following defines the specific functions performed by the Associate Pastor:
Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching
Work with the Senior Pastor to ensure weekend services are planned and executed
When requested, provide feedback to Senior Pastor or other speakers on their manuscripts in advance of Sunday
Communication skills to effectively preach several times a year and be prepared to be the emergency backup speaker in case of last-minute need. Always have an “emergency sermon” ready
Oversee the Youth and Family Ministry
- Assist in Worship Planning and Direction
Able to recruit, teach, train, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers for youth, family and worship ministry
Know the congregation by showing intense interest in them. This will include getting to know the personal and family stories of the active members of the church
Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families; provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and short-term basis
Intentional about building relationships with the congregation. Tends to the spiritual needs of the congregation as one who will give an account to God
Provide guidance and oversight for Sunday School teachers and leaders; youth leaders; and worship team members
Teach Small Group or Sunday School classes as needed
Possesses personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting
Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in the work environment as well as in-home/family setting
Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship)
Doctrinally aligned with FCC’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values
Give evidence of a strong work ethic and personal integrity
Education & Skills
Engaging teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the scriptures
Demonstrate knowledge and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus
Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity
Beliefs aligned with “Restoration Movement Independent Christian Churches
Seminary/Graduate Degree is desired, preferably from a Christian college or university.
Hours & Benefits
The Associate Pastor will be classified as a full-time employee. A housing package is available. This is a minimum of 40 hours per week position
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Address437 Main Street
Middleport, Ohio 45760
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationDavid Hopkins Phone: (740) 992-2914 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Middleport Church of Christ, a loving and supportive congregation, is seeking an intern to focus specifically on youth and children, but also have exposure to general church ministry. MCC has a history of quality programs for youth and children and is known in the community for its ministries to young people. This internship will begin in May and last through December. A full job description is available upon request.
Middleport is a small town (2,500) in Meigs county (23,257) in southeast Ohio, approximately 1.5 hours from KCU campus. It received its name because it is the “middle port” on the Ohio River between Pittsburg and Cincinnati. Athens, Ohio is 30 minutes northwest and is the home of Ohio University. Ohio Valley Christian Assembly (local church camp) is a 15 minute drive.
MCC was founded in 1838 and has been in its present location since 1889. Multiple additions have been made to the facility including a family life center that was completed in 1997. MCC has a long history with internships. Our current Minister was a summer intern with us in 1985.
Address12 Greenview Church Rd
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationWesley Miller Email: Wesley@greenviewchurch.org
Pastor of Student Ministries
Greenview Christian Church
About the position: Greenview is searching for a man or woman that is called to lead young people into a deeper walk with Jesus. Our community is ripe for the harvest and we need a student pastor with the gifts and the passion to raise up workers and offer real answers and love to the young people of Centralia.
About Greenview: Greenview is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church and we are intentionally becoming more so. This is a unique church with many exciting opportunities. We are not a church that meets on Sunday morning and then closes up shop for the week. Every day of every week there is ministry happening on our campus. Greenview is home to a preschool, an afterschool program, and New Horizon Christian School (k-8) which currently enrolls over 130 students.
Families are the lifeblood of Greenview and so we invest heavily in the next generation. Our children’s ministry is bursting at the seams on Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings. Our youth ministry has really started to see the fruit from our Children’s ministry success as the young people move up to middle school and high school. We now need a Pastor that can grow those young people to maturity and build a strong Student Ministry program.
We currently have between 40 and 60 middle school and high school students involved in the Greenview Student Ministry. Sunday nights we have a combined youth worship service and Wednesday nights we have age specific small groups for our teens. Currently, there is nothing in place for our college age students, but there are plenty attending Greenview and we are in need a of ministry for this age bracket.
Centralia is a small to midsized city located in Southern Illinois east of St. Louis. It is in fact three cities (Centralia, Central City, and Wamac) that basically function as one city. The greater Centralia area is very diverse economically, ethnically, and culturally. It offers is a very unique balance of small-town charm and big city problems. Although we have a good school system and huge hometown pride, we also have issues with drugs, crime and poverty. And these issues are only on the rise. There are an unusually large number of churches in Centralia however few of them are having an impact on the city. Thus, there are great opportunities and a great need to take Jesus to the people of Centralia.
- Build and pastor a team of youth workers
- Create a wholistic program for helping youth grow in their faith. This would include:
- Bible based teaching and preaching
- Partnering with parents and equipping them to disciple their children
- Planning large and small youth events as well as an annual calendar
- Creating a yearly budget
- Being in the lives of the youth and young adults outside of the church walls
- Representing Greenview in the local school systems
- Working closely with the staff and students of New Horizon Christian School
- Coordinating and partnering with our children’s ministry and Children’s Pastor
- Create and implement a ministry to college age students (this would be completely from scratch)
- Be a part of the overall Pastoral team of Greenview. This would include:
- Attending staff meetings
- Participating in Sunday Morning services
- Making hospital calls
- Teaching and preaching outside of youth ministry when necessary
- Championing the vision and mission of Greenview
- Baptized, born-again believer with clear evidence of spiritual maturity
- Have a Spirit-filled worship and prayer life
- Have a clear testimony of your conversion and your call to ministry
- Experienced and gifted working across ethnic and socioeconomic lines
- Willingness to reach out to and work with young people from broken homes and troubled background (this will be a very big part of the job)
- High level leadership skills
- Previous experience working with youth and young adults in a variety of settings
- Extroverted and outgoing
- Self-starter and driven (you will be evaluated on results not necessarily the hours you put into it)
- Relatable and authentic
- Humbly self-assured and proactive