The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jul 6, 2019
Address292 W US HWY 36
Rockville, Indiana 47872
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationGreg Robbins Phone: (765) 569-3563 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rockville Christian Church seeks a full-time student minister. The student minister will provide age-appropriate teaching, vision, and general oversight for RCC’s ministry to junior and senior high students. The student minister, partnering with volunteers, will plan, organize, and lead programs and events aimed at welcoming, evangelizing, and discipling junior and senior high students. A detailed job description is available upon request.Interested applicants can send a resume as an email attachment to email@example.com or in print form to this address:Rockville Christian Churchc/o Greg Robbins292 W US HWY 36Rockville, IN 47872
Posted: Jul 3, 2019
Address14832 County Road 1-50
Edon, Ohio 43518
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationJeremy Jones Phone: (419) 459-4846 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia Church of Christ
14832 County Road 1-50 Edon, Ohio * Phone: 419-459-4846 * columbiachurchofchrist.org * Jeremy Jones – Minister
An applicant must:
- be an immersed believer in Jesus Christ
- have an Associate’s Degree which includes Youth Ministry, preferably from a Christian Church/Church of Christ affiliated college
- have a least 2 years of experience working with youth
- be ordained (or have plans to be ordained) by a Christian Church/Church of Christ Eldership
- have the abilities and training necessary to fulfill the purpose and expectations of the position
- Salary in proportion to experience
- ½ Social Security paid by congregation
- Computer and office space
- Vacation in proportion to experience
- 5 personal/sick days annually
- All major holidays or substitution days for “working holidays”
- To provide the opportunities and education necessary for those in our congregation under the age of 18 to develop into spiritually mature, fully committed Christ-followers through the study of God’s Word, fellowship with the Body of Christ and service to others.
- Be responsible to, and work under the direction of, the Senior Minister and Elders
- Oversee and direct (working in conjunction with the appropriate Ministry Teams):
- Sunday morning youth education
- Youth Sunday School
- Worship, Elementary aged kids being taught during service from 11:00 am – close of service
- Midweek youth group
- Special youth events (VBS, trips, service projects, etc.)
- Organize, train, equip and encourage members of Columbia Church of Christ to engage in ministry to the youth
- Develop and lead opportunities to build relationships with the families of youth
- Make hospital visits for youth and families
- Participate in 1 or 2 weeks of Summer Camp at Lake James Christian Camp
- Sunday morning youth education
Posted: Jul 1, 2019
Address1300 George Washington Hwy
Yorktown, Virginia 23693
Weekly Attendance: 950
Contact InformationReed Smith Phone: (252) 267-3475 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
Position Description-Position Summary: We want to hire a Student and Young Adults Ministry Associate who works for the growth of the Kingdom through worship arts, communication technology, and relational evangelism.Candidates must:-Have a heart for youth and young adults.-Be willing to work under the authority and guidance of Northside’s eldership.-Have a Bachelors Degree in Christian Ministry (or in a major closely related)-Congregation: Northside Christian Church
-Location: Yorktown, VA ( https://goo.gl/maps/LQGgse2tAzn)-Average Weekly Attendance: 950-Average Student Attendance: 100-Average Young Adult Attendance: 35-Full Time-Payment: Based on qualifications and experience-Links:
www.northsidecc.org (Church website)https://vimeo.com/317856347 (Recent worship service)
Posted: Jun 28, 2019
Address6605 Shallowford Rd
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationJack Dyer Phone: (423) 892-4270 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Family Minister is to work in harmony with the staff and Elders to develop, support and align the vision, mission and strategy of Hickory Valley Christian Church to our families and their children.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the smooth running of our family programming (Family programming is defined as youth and children’s ministries)
- Work with Elders and church staff to define and align church-wide vision to our family programs.
- Recruit, develop, and oversee volunteers
- Create and maintain teams as necessary for family events
- Develop and maintain curriculum
- Equip families to develop faith in their children
- Effectively communicate with families (announcements, events, and resources)
- Develop and maintain relationships with HVCS students, staff, and faculty
- Engage with families outside of church programming
- Regularly attend a Life Group
- Intentional about building relationships with all generations in the church
- Regularly meets with staff and Elders.
- Provide and maintain the systems that keep our families safe
Character traits/Skills/Personal Growth
- Passionate follower of Christ
- Values teamwork
- Strong character (integrity, commitment, humble)
- Emotional intelligence (humbly handle conflict)
- Desires to grow and develop their gifts
- Strong commitment to developing diverse and intergenerational relationships
- Love and devotion to the family that God has blessed you with
- Devoted to well-rounded health (spiritual, physical, and mental)
Address6316 Babcock Rd.
San Antonio, Texas 78240
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationRonald Travis Phone: (210) 651-6935 Fax: (210) 247-9663 Email: email@example.com
Conservative Independent Christian Church seeks a minister with a background in the Restoration Movement to take the reins from our retiring minister. We are in the north central area of growing San Antonio, Texas. We seek a man with a passion to preach the truth to a loving congregation of dedicated servants and who can help us reach the lost. Ability to lead, knowledge of the scriptures, great people skills, and being self-motivated are essential qualifications.
Job Category: Minister Job Status: Full-time preferred
Education required: Bachelors Experience required (years): 3+ preferred
Denomination: Independent Christian Church Church Size: 40+
Worship Style: Mixture of Praise and Traditional Salary:
Salary is commensurate with background and experience
CONTACT: Ron Travis
Address200 17th Street
Corbin, Kentucky 40701
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationRandy Wickham Phone: (606) 528-4795 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our church is looking for a candidate that is a follower of Jesus Christ, must be of high moral integrity, and be a self-starter, preferably with experience working with youth. They must be well grounded in the plan of salvation and be able to share with youth of all ages which includes grade school age children.
Must have the ability to recognize, coach and utilize the many talents of others around them.
Compensation is somewhat negotiable but will include a nearby parsonage.
Best time to contact the church is Monday – Friday 8AM-Noon or send an email.
Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Address51 Waits Rd
Cynthiana, Kentucky 40514
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationErnie Perry Phone: (895) 234-5223 Email: email@example.com
Part-time minister to 25 middle school/high school youth with possibilities transitioning to full time.
Address53 Hilltop Rd
Ewing, Kentucky 41039
Weekly Attendance: 75-100
Contact InformationGene McElfresh Jr Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizaville Christian Church, an Independent Christian Church located in Fleming County in Northeastern Kentucky, is seeking a Minister to lead their congregation. The candidate should be a personable, family oriented, knowledgeable teacher and preacher of the Word of God. The candidate will need to focus on a growing youth program, support congregation members and be an active ambassador of Elizaville Christian Church within the area.
Elizaville Christian Church is a New Testament Church that believes that the Bible is the Word of God, believes in the Holy Trinity, believes in baptism by immersion and communion as a weekly remembrance.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Anyone applying for the Minister position will be granting permission for background checks (educational, references, criminal). These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position.
Candidates interested in the position should send a résumé to Elizaville Christian Church, 53 Hilltop Road, Ewing, KY, 41039 or by email to Gene McElfresh Jr, an elder at Elizaville Christian, at email@example.com. All résumés should be postmarked by July 31, 2019.
Posted: Jun 25, 2019
Address441 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Weekly Attendance: 425
Contact InformationEric Stringer Phone: (937) 372-7687 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship Minister: First Church of Christ (FCC) in Xenia, OH is seeking an exceptional full-time Worship Minister to join our extraordinary staff. FCC has a body of strong financial supporters as well has an attitude of service above and beyond to build each other up and grow God’s kingdom.
- Planning and Implementing Sunday and Wednesday worship services
- Audio, stage and multimedia design
- Coordinate Worship Team volunteers
- Pastoral care responsibilities
- Vocal and instrumental proficiency
- Strong leadership skills
- Team building skills
- God-honoring life style.
This position calls for a dynamic worship leader with high energy and contagious passion. Applicant should possess the skills necessary to lead worship through a wide range of music styles. FCC desires a Worship Minister who will build, expand, and inspire the current worship ministry to reach the community and grow the kingdom.
Address1146 Horsepasture-Price Road
Ridgeway, Virginia 24148
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationDarryl Holland Phone: (276) 957-1814 x2769573885 Fax: (276) 638-3942 Email: email@example.com
Our church already has a Children’s Director, and we are looking for a Youth Minister for our teens. Pulpit speaking experience or ability is a plus, but not a requirement. A summer part-time position is available beginning July 1st, or eventual full-time employment with the right candidate. Located in the eastern foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Horsepasture Christian Church was founded in 1848, and has a rich history we wish to pass on to future generations…. Give us a call!
Address13022 Wilmot Rd
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53142
Weekly Attendance: 535
Contact InformationJami English Phone: (262) 857-4743 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: The Minister of Faithful Study and Pastoral Care oversees the needs of the church family, both new and existing; i.e., Life Groups, studies, pastoral care.
Education and/or Experience (years): Accredited Bible College Degree and 3 years experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all adult Life Groups and studies
- Make pastoral visits to homes, care facilities, etc., as needed
- Oversee missions and benevolence
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining micro-church(es)
- Participating member of the Executive Team
- Oversee all weddings and funerals
- Assist in teaching with Lead Minister
Posted: Jun 23, 2019
Address4500 W Edison St.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74063
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationJames Wright Phone: (918) 583-9482 Email: email@example.com
Osage Hills Christian Church
Children’s and Family Director Job Description
The Vision of Osage Hills Christian Church:
We are a group of imperfect people, each with a unique story and in a different place in our walk with Christ. We strive to meet others where they live, so they can know Jesus. We believe that church is not a place you go but a place you come from.
Purpose for the Children’s and Family Director:
To partner with parents in the spiritual development of children and students by creating safe and secure disciple-making environments that fit within the vision of Osage Hills Christian Church.
Basic Goals for this position:
- Lead Children’s and Family Ministries toward the fulfillment of the vision and values of OHCC
- Recruit, train and develop a leadership team of adults that in turn will disciple children and students
- Equip parents with the resources needed to continue the discipleship process at home.
- Teach and lead Children’s Ministry (hands on). Coordinate and Administer Student Ministry (Volunteer Development)
- Develop a fun and dynamic Bible-based program that kids are excited about
- Encourage children and students to reach their friends with the gospel, develop lifelong habits for growing faith, and to live out faith in a way that serves Christ in the world
The successful candidate for this position must…
- Give evidence of a life that continues to be changed by the grace of Jesus Christ
- Possess strong skills in training, motivating, and rewarding adult volunteers
- Exude a passion for children and students to be in a relationship with Jesus
- Be capable of leading a ministry administratively
- Display an energetic and positive personality along with excellent communication skills
- Exhibit a high level of creativity
- Possess the appropriate education, training and experience for the position
- Establish the Children’s and Family Ministry in a fashion that is relevant, outward focused, and will effectively reach the children and students of our area for Jesus Christ
- Develop vibrant Sunday morning and mid-week programming that accomplish the goals for this area
- Develop a team of adult leaders through recruitment and ongoing training
- Develop a scope of ministry goals for children and students
- Work with the Office Manager to keep the Family Ministry at a high level of visibility
- Promote and attend Sunset Bible Camp
- Promote appropriate CIY events
- Be a resource for students, families, and volunteers who seek spiritual counsel
- Maintain strict safety-conscious guidelines for the protection of children, students and volunteers by following the OHCC Child Safety Protocol
- Spends time in prayer and God’s word on a daily basis
- Stays current with children’s ministry and student ministry trends by listening to podcasts, reading books and periodicals, and attending conferences
- Attends regular worship services
- Is personally available to guests and members before and after services as duties allow
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry
- Meets regularly with the Sr. Minister to assess progress toward visionary goals
- Spends one day a month as a desert day for spiritual refueling and refreshment
- Keep office hours, except when doing ministry with children, students, or parents off-site (8:30 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Thurs)
All staff members at Osage Hills Christian Church are accountable to God and must answer to God for their personal conduct and ministerial performance. The Children’s and Family Director is also accountable to the Sr. Minister regarding regular duties and responsibilities, and to the Elders on an overall basis.
Posted: Jun 20, 2019
Address208 S. Spring Street
Odon, Indiana 47562
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationMicah Stephen Phone: (812) 636-7330 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Minister/Daycare Director
This is a full-time position, and the responsibilities for the candidate are age nursery through 12th grade. The person will assemble volunteers and parents as disciple makers to work with the whole ministerial team to develop a way for kids to grow spiritually. We are looking for someone to lead our youth program on Sundays and throughout the week.
Coordinate TREKS on Wednesday nights and JAM on Sunday mornings
Lead QUEST on Sunday nights
Help Plan and Promote VBS
Encourage Summer Camps and Work Accordingly With Our Local Camp
Plan Extracurricular Activities……1 per month
Be the Central Face of OCC’s youth program
Work with the OCC staff as a unit to accomplish these goals
We are looking for someone who is energetic and has a passion for seeing people begin a relationship with Christ and isn’t afraid to be seen.
1. Provide a positive face to the daycare to students, parents, and public.
2. Display the temperament to sit and listen to issues and not jump to conclusions.
3. Be a visible source in the daycare.
4. Be a problem solver and create and atmosphere of positive working relationships.
5. Oversee the billing and collection of funds for daycare use.
6. Make sure the shopping is completed in time for use in the daycare. (foods, arts, crafts)
7. Work with the daycare and preschool staff to coordinate the activities so there is a relationship between the daycare and preschool.
8. Maintain scheduling for staff and students in both the daycare and preschool on a weekly basis.
9. Complete the necessary paperwork for the State of Indiana.
10. Have a working knowledge of all recommendations of the State of Indiana.
11. Assist in and make sure all positions are full.
12. Develop the registration process and advertise the day and time of registration.
13. Attend training class in Indianapolis for daycares.
14. Oversee the development of a preschool curriculum that enhances the child’s learning.
15. Have a working knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards and requirements of children entering kindergarten and North Daviess.
16. Ensure all necessary documents are available for staff/parents including, but not limited to, incident reporting forms, medication authorization forms, and staff time sheets.
17. Maintain all certifications for daycare and preschool.
18. Make sure all the staff members have required state certifications re; safe sleep, cpr, universal precautions.
Address925 N. Elm St.
Orrville, Ohio 44667
Weekly Attendance: 600
Contact InformationWorship Minister Search Team Phone: (330) 682-3686 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: staffing.OCC@gmail.com
Orrville Christian Church
Orrville, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/30/2019
Denominations: Independent Christian Church
Church Size: 600
Job Type: Full-Time
Orrville Christian Church (OCC) is seeking a full-time Worship Minister (WM) to provide overall vision, leadership, and development of our worship ministry. OCC has a 117 year history. We are located one hour south of Cleveland in the hometown of The J.M. Smucker Co. in rural Wayne County. We are committed to reaching nearly 14,000 unchurched people in our area and leading them to a connection with Christ and His church.
Ideally, the WM should have good organizational skills, knowledge in music theory, excellent vocal ability, be technologically savvy, an effective worship leader, a musician (play multiple instruments), and be able to reproduce worship leaders and artists.
The WM will oversee and lead our worship planning & creative team, ushers, band, vocalists, and sound/tech team. Additionally, the WM is expected to put family first and maintain a heart for God’s work in a fun-loving staff environment that is dedicated to team-based ministry.
A Bachelor’s degree, including Biblical studies, is preferred. Candidates should possess at least three years’ employment in church ministry or Christian organization, with an emphasis on worship and creative arts.
OCC currently has 3 Sunday worship services. The 8:30 service is piano-driven and features both traditional and contemporary songs. The high-energy services at 9:45 and 11:00 are guitar-driven, with a variety of music from contemporary worship artists.|
If you wish to apply, please submit introductory letter and resume to staffing.OCC@gmail.com .
Orrville Christian Church
925 N. Elm St.
Orrville, OH 44667