The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Apr 30, 2019
Address106 Fox and Main Streets
Jonesborough, Tennessee 37659
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationValerie Hendrix, Secretary Phone: (423) 753-3411 Email: email@example.com
Central Christian Church (CCC), an independent Christian Church, is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor. CCC is in Jonesborough, TN.
Candidates for the Senior Pastor position must have a Seminary or similar degree, be ordained and have a Certificate of Ordination. They should have proven skills in leadership, communication and an ability to interact with church members and visitors alike.
The Senior Pastor would be responsible for the delivery of a weekly sermon, grow the church, and be willing and able to visit home-bound or institutionalized church members and present and/or offer guidance for Bible study groups.
CCC offers a competitive salary, paid vacation, and sick days. Candidate must submit a Cover Letter, a Resume with three reference contacts and a Live Sermon example. Applications will be accepted until the post is filled. Please send all applicant information to: Central Christian Church, 106 Fox and Main Streets, Jonesborough, TN. 37659, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sermon examples can be set up on a website so that the committee can access. Please notify us of the site address, or send a copy via CD or Flash Drive. A full job description can be found at: www.jonesboroughchristian.com.
Address225 Toronto Rd
Springfield, Illinois 62711
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationJon Morrissette Phone: (217) 953-4784 Email: email@example.com
Worship Creative Developer/Director (FT)
REPORTS: LEAD MINISTER
STATUS: FULL TIME, SALARIED
Lakeside is seeking a senior level staff leader who will primarily recruit, develop, and coach worship leaders. In regard to recruitment, this individual must actively pursue relationships with area artists (i.e. emerging vocalists, instrumentalists, audio tech, video tech, visual arts) In regard to development, this individual must be able to equip artists theologically, technically, skillfully, interpersonally, and practically to lead corporate worship gatherings. In regard to coaching, this individual must be able to lead effectively through others providing needed feedback, accountability, and direction. We are not seeking just an “up-front” weekend worship leader. We are seeking a director who will be sensitive to the demographics and needs of our various worship venues and will platform others to minister effectively. This person would lead less “up-front” and very intentionally “through” others.
- Oversee technical needs across all venues (audio, visual, streaming, etc.).
- Oversee all Worship Leaders (all venues).
- Serve in Venue Worship Leader Rotation.
- Direct creative team/planning across all venues.
- Develop a formal worship leadership development pipeline/ ecosystem.
- Oversee auditorium related building projects
- Oversee legal/licensing matters.
- Develop Playbook/ Systems than enable volunteers to deliver consistent results.
Posted: Apr 29, 2019
Address35459 Salem Grange Road
Salem, Ohio 44460
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationCody Opsitnik Phone: (330) 277-3165 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a senior minister to help a local, country church grow.
The senior minister will lead our worship service, deliver the morning message, teach a Sunday School class, coordinate Wednesday Night Bible Study, and minister to the congregation. Approx. 30 hours per week is to be expected. Parsonage facilities are available. Give us a call for additional information.
Posted: Apr 26, 2019
Address10123 Normandy Blvd
Weekly Attendance: 32091
Contact InformationJohn Faulkner Phone: (904) 695-9126 Email: email@example.com
The worship leader will be responsable for coordinating with the senior minister in planning weekly worship sets. He/She will be expected to communicate with the praise team during the week, supply them with the music for the upcoming service, and hold rehearsals to prepare for Sunday worship. The worship leader will also be expected to be active in spiritual development classes and outreach events conducted by the church. This is a part-time position with little compensation, but it is a good opportunity for someone looking to put their gifts and calling into action!
Address111 East Shelby Street
Falmouth, Kentucky 41040
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationRon Cox Phone: (859) 652-6300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvest Community Church in Falmouth, KY is seeking a part-time children’s minister/director. Falmouth is located about halfway between Lexington, KY and Cincinnati, OH. This would be an ideal ministry for a Christian college student. Harvest Community Church has a weekly attendance of around 75 and has an abundance of preschool to elementary age students. Responsibilities would include but not be limited to, organizing programs and activities for all ages of children, 5th grade an under, leading children’s worship, VBS, and working with lead minister, parents, and volunteers to create an environment that help the children become committed to church and grounded in their relationship with Jesus.
The ideal candidate should be creative, a self-starter, have a working and growing knowledge of God’s word, love Jesus and his church, and of course, his children. Playing a musical instrument would be a plus but not a requirement. Some Christian college training preferred but also not a requirement. Salary would be commensurate with experience and availability. The children’s minister will work with the lead minister and overseers.
A little about Harvest Community Church: We are a relatively new church, 16 years old, in a small, close-knit, agricultural type of town. Our worship is contemporary. Our vision/mission statement is as follows: “Sharing the love of Jesus in a practical way.” We currently meet in a rented church building but have purchased and paid off 12 acres of property just north of town and are making preparations to construct a new facility. Our new property has two storage buildings and a really nice picnic shelter/pavilion already built on it and plenty of room to do all kinds of children’s activities. We are a very loving congregation with a committed core group of people and have plans to great things for the kingdom of God.
Send resumé to: Ron Cox
1155 US Highway 27 South
Falmouth, KY 41040
Or, email email@example.com
Or, call (859) 652-6300
Address310 N Main St
Byrdstown, Tennessee 38549
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationAdam E. Parrott Phone: (931) 445-4884 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our Minister being called to a new ministry, First Christian Church in Byrdstown, Tn is seeking a candidate to fill the Sole Lead Minister position. We have an active membership of 125 with an approximate Sunday attendance of 85, and a Wednesday night adult bible study attendance of 12 adults with 50 kids attending our youth program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preaching weekly sermons, teaching Bible studies each week, involvement in outreach events, providing pastoral care, participation in special services and events, have an influence on youth activities, and demonstrate a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Byrdstown, population 5100, is located in rural Pickett County. Our community lies on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake which brings many tourists to the area during the summer months.
We seek a candidate with an Independent Christian Church Restoration Movement Background. A Bachelors Degree or higher from one of our schools within the Brotherhood is preferred with salary commensurate with education and experience. Please email resumes to: email@example.com with Attn: Search Committee in the subject line.
Address8660 N. Mechanicsburg Rd.
Middletown, Indiana 47356
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationTri-County Christian Church Phone: (765) 354-9058 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Minister for Tri-County Christian Church
The Senior Minister, as a member of the Eldership, helps provide spiritual oversight and leadership direction to church leaders and the congregation. His concentration should be in preaching, teaching, discipling, evangelizing, and providing counsel when needed. He is to champion the church’s mission and vision.
The Senior Minister, as a member of the Eldership, will share in the oversight of all church ministries and committees. He is to be considered an Elder, equal with the other Elders, and lead in submission to the Eldership as a whole.
-He is to have two days off during the week for personal use
-He is to begin his ministry at Tri-County with ten days of vacation, plus five days off for every year he has been in vocational ministry. The total vacation time is not to exceed twenty days. These vacation days are in addition to regular days off.
– He is allowed to attend one convention annually, with expense allowance to be determined by the Finance Team.
-He is to be off work for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. Should any of these fall on a Sunday or regularly scheduled day off, another day off is to be arranged.
Areas of Primary Responsibility:
-He is responsible for overseeing the entire church program in cooperation with the Eldership. Attendance at leadership meetings and Elders’ meetings is required.
-He is responsible for delivering weekly messages from the pulpit each Sunday morning. When a replacement is required, he is to make arrangements for that replacement. The replacement must be approved by the Eldership.
-He is to conduct funerals, weddings, etc. as requested by members and non-members as deemed appropriate.
-He is primarily responsible for, and the programming of, pastoral calling, hospital visitation, nursing home visits, etc.
-He is to oversee church correspondence including responses to personal character references, questionnaires, speaking requests, membership transfers, and letters relating to church administration.
-He is responsible for giving direction to the process of drafting brochures in the area of public relations or community outreach. He is responsible for approving any fliers or brochures intended to be distributed both within the church and the community.
-He is responsible for and is to oversee the daily activity of the church staff. The staff first answers to the Senior Minister but ultimately answers to the Eldership. The hiring and firing of any staff member is to be done by the Eldership as a whole. Any hiring of full-time staff is to be voted on by the congregation.
Overseeing Church Events:
-He is responsible for coordination and selecting, in cooperation with the Elders, teachers/leaders of all Bible Study Classes, small groups, and home groups that exist under the name of the church.
-He is responsible to develop and direct, in cooperation with the Elders, any evangelism programs.
-He is responsible to help maintain shepherding programs in cooperation with the Elders.
-He is answerable to the Eldership in all things related to the church.
-He is responsible for fostering a positive attitude and refrains from public criticism of any staff, elders, leaders, or congregants within the church.
-He is to maintain a positive presence within the community.
-He is responsible for working toward the numerical and spiritual growth of the congregation.
-He is expected to keep regular office hours and working schedule for study, sermon preparation, Biblical membership, church program planning, etc.
-If he is unable to be in the office due to meetings, surgeries, etc., he is to inform the church secretary where he can be reached and what time he expects to return to the church office during normal hours.
-He is to submit, as soon as possible, to the Eldership any dates he is to be out of town for vacation, conferences, etc.
*This document is to be reviewed and adjusted by the Eldership annually.
Posted: Apr 25, 2019
Address1294 Columbus Avenue
Batesville, Indiana 47006
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationBryce Hotchkiss Phone: (812) 934-5147 Email: email@example.com
ABOUT OUR CONGREGATION:
Youth Pastor Batesville Christian Church
We exist to glorify God all our days by making disciples who make disciples. We are a multi- generational, community-minded, and believer-focused congregation located in southeastern Indiana with a congregation of approximately 325 people that gather across two services and family/small group programming.
We have been established for almost 50 years with a very solid core group of hard working volunteers and leadership. Our heart beats for both discipleship and outreach. We believe that as we grow deeper in our love for Christ, we grow more effective at impacting a hurting world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A core value of BCC is that discipleship of the next generation happens best in the home (Deut. 6:6-7/ Ephesians 6:4). To that end, a primary purpose of the Youth Pastor (Middle School – College Age) will be to equip, empower, and encourage parents to disciple their children as well as raising up and equipping others in the congregation to serve as spiritual mentors of the next generation.
- Develop a Vision for youth, young adults, and family offerings for BCC.
- Work with Lead Pastor to provide outreach/on-ramps/involvement
- Create and Organize programming that provides on-ramps to establish and grow their relationships with Christ
- Plan and implement special activities including service projects (youth and/or family), Fun/ On Ramp Events, mission trips, retreats, etc., for middle school through college age.
- Develop the strategies to disciple and train volunteers and mentors involved in ministry.
- Christian attitude and trustworthy character.
- Understanding of, passion for, and commitment to the mission and vision of the Church in general and Batesville Christian Church in specific.
- Strong team spirit, respect, and support for the other members of the ministerial staff.
- Proper level of confidentiality in all matters of the church, employees, and/or church members.
- Personal encounter and a daily walk with Christ.
- Fulfillment of the requirements for and maintenance of membership in Batesville Christian Church.
- Spiritual maturity and a positive work attitude.
- An attitude of professionalism, patience, organization, respect, compassion and grace.
- Duty to follow Biblical, Christian principles in their roles and refrain from any conduct that is contrary to those principles and Church statements of faith.
- Passion for Youth, Young Adults and Families to grow in Christ.
- A passion for learning more about Youth, Young Adult and Family culture.
- A drive to equip families and mentors to lead youth and Young Adults spiritually.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Oversee existing and develop new growth opportunities.
a. Mentor Groups and discipleship ministries (Youth, Young Adult, Parenting)
b. Small Groups (10-14 participants)
c. Study Groups (Class-based education)
2. Build and maintain relationships with youth and families to provide guidance in the whole family system.
3. Build and oversee the team of volunteer adults responsible for middle school through college programming in the church.
4. Develop of team of mentors (more than just chaperones) to help disciple middle school through college students.
5. Have a public presence at a variety of community and extra-curricular events (i.e. sports, plays, band, clubs.
6. Coordinate youth communications with the congregation and the community through newsletters, newspapers, etc.
7. Organize special activities including service projects (youth and/or family), “On-Ramp Events”, mission trips, retreats, etc., for middle school through college age.
8. Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry (Birth – Grade 5) to develop and implement strategies to equip, empower, and encourage parents in their role as the primary disciples of children.
9. Participate in Pastoral Care.
10. Public Ministry – Provide Sunday message and Service support as coordinated with Lead Pastor.
Maintain on average a 45 hour work week, at least half of which will be in the office On call as needed.
Salary is dependent upon experience and education. Benefits are included.
This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Potential hires will need to submit to a criminal background check.
Potential hires will need to submit to a financial credit check.
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY:
The area of and around Batesville is made up of equal parts urban and rural. Many families work in Batesville for major companies like Hill-Rom or Batesville (formerly known as Batesville Casket Company). Others commute to one of the large cities of Indianapolis, IN or Cincinnati, OH both less than one hour away.
Batesville has been ranked in the top 15 of safest cities to live in Indiana and has beenranked in the top 5 of places to raise a family in Indiana. Batesville received an “A” grade for education, community, housing, and access to day cares. It received a “B” for crime and safety, access to libraries, and access to grocery stores.
Batesville is known for being ideally located between Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Louisville.
Send a cover letter and resume to Bryce Hotchkiss at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth Pastor Search” in the subject line.
Posted: Apr 24, 2019
Address909 West Spring Street
Bluffton, Indiana 46714
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationBrandon Kelley Phone: (260) 824-0332 Email: email@example.com
The Children’s Pastor at First Church of Christ, Bluffton is a calling of utmost importance.
This role requires someone who will be a mobilizer and equipper of people first. In other words, the more people working in and owning the Children’s Ministry, the more effective this role will be in fulfilling its purpose.
Come join the FCC Family during an exciting time of newness and advancement in living out the mission God has called us to.
For the full description of this opportunity, please visit: fccfamily.com/childrenspastor/
Address703 Spring St.
Brownstown, Indiana 47220
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationMitchell Evan McIntyre Phone: (812) 358-4172 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disciple middle school, high school, and college-age individuals, along with their parents.
- Invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them throughout the week in the mosteffective way possible.
- Creatively partner with parents to disciple their students.
- Prepare and deliver chapel lesson for the Early Learning Ministry’s weekly preschool chapel, ona rotation with other staff members.
- Be responsible for students during emergency situations. This includes administering first aid,taking students to the hospital, coordinating with parents and hospital personnel, removing
students from dangerous situations, and generally ensuring the safety of the students.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower student and adult leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
- Lead the youth group program, including sound, lights and video through volunteers in such away it could run in your absence.
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the student ministry.
- Address discipline issues following a Christ-like model to ensure the safety and well-being ofstudents and individuals in the youth program. Partner with parents, following a Christ-like
model, to address discipline issues with their children.
- Communicate effectively about the student ministry to parents, students, and church.
- Organize and lead conferences and retreats.
- Administer an annual online review for parents and students.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Plan and lead family Sunday with help of Children’s Ministry Director. This includes writing sermons, implementing media, planning and leading worship, coordinating servers and speakers, and planning. This Includes a graduation ceremony each year.
- Be prepared and willing to preach in BCC main & special worship services, as requested by the lead minister.
4. Community Involvement & Outreach
- Pursue and maintain a relationship with local schools, seeking opportunities to be a consistent presence for students and faculty.
- Lead student missions trips communicate with students regarding mission trip opportunities, and support the missions ministry at BCC through student involvement.
- Plan and host local outreach events for youth and their families.
The Youth Minister will be ultimately accountable to the Board of Elders. They will proceed under the direction and supervision of the Lead Minister.
Address301 Market Street
Tyro, Kansas 67364
Weekly Attendance: 850
Contact InformationTim Rice Phone: (620) 330-6824 Email: email@example.com
Tyro Christian Church in southeast Kansas seeks a lead minister with excellent leadership skills, spiritual maturity, and doctrinal beliefs embraced by Independent Christian Churches. Prefer a man with several years’ experience in ministry who can supervise staff, work with dozens of eager church volunteers, and preach at two worship services each Sunday morning. Congregation runs 800-850 attendance and has successful teen, children’s and preschool ministries, in addition to affiliation with K-12 Christian school. Approximately one fourth of the church’s income goes to missions, both foreign and domestic.
Send resume in electronic form and links to sermon(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Apr 23, 2019
Address1420 Brandywine Blvd
Zanesville, Ohio 43701
Weekly Attendance: 950
Contact InformationLarry Marshall Phone: (740) 453-2951 Email: email@example.com
North Terrace Church of Christ (www.ntcoc.org) is seeking a full-time Worship Minister to join our multi-generational church in Zanesville, OH. North Terrace is a vibrant congregation with a rich history that has experienced a strong season of growth in the last few years. We are prayerfully and patiently seeking this important new member of our team. A strong candidate for this position will have a combination of musical giftedness and spiritual maturity. The primary areas of responsibility include developing teams that lead both the Sunday morning gatherings and other worship environments, working with other members of the staff team to help support and resource their discipleship and programming, and work with the lead staff to plan and execute both the Sunday corporate gatherings as well as the events, activities and programs of the ministry calendar.
The Worship Minister will report to the Executive Minister and will be an integral part of worship planning and sermon theme development with the lead team. If you would like to see a more detailed job description and consider joining us as we pursue God’s One More, you can find a more detailed job description here http://www.ntcoc.org/careers . Salary and benefits are competitive and negotiable with experience. Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address131 Clay Street
Fredericksburg, Ohio 44627
Weekly Attendance: 40 - 55
Contact InformationJeffrey Bower Phone: (330) 347-2249 Email: email@example.com
Fredericksburg, Ohio is looking for a minister who is good with working with adults, families, youth and the community.
• Believes that scripture is God breathed and lives his life by reflecting Christ’s love in action and in word.
• Prefer a minister with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
• A Bible Ministry degree is preferred; however sufficient pulpit time may be considered.
• Responsibilities; preaching, teaching, visiting shut inns and hospital visits and other ministerial duties.
• Computer skills and how to use audio visual equipment, would be a plus.
• If interested, please be praying for wisdom and guidance in this decision.
• Then please submit a resume, references, along with a video or MP3 of past sermons.
• Thank you for your time, God bless!
• Any questions? Please contact elder, Jeff Bower
Address1630 Joe Goldsborough Road
Smyrna, Delaware 19977
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationJoseph Rash Phone: (302) 653-4556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Minister, Church of Christ (instrumental) – Smyrna, Delaware
The Smyrna Church of Christ (SCC) is seeking a full-time minister with a strong desire to save the lost and a willingness to serve from the heart in partnership with the Eldership.
The Eldership desires to hire a man who can continue to motivate and move the Lord’s Church forward. The applicant must have a strong belief in the Restoration Movement, be well-versed in the Scriptures and in Church of Christ doctrine, possess a high level of energy, maintain a reputation of integrity in the Church, as well as, in the community, have an outgoing personality, and love working with people of all personality types, ages, and backgrounds.
In addition to preaching and teaching in a full-service ministry, other duties would include, but not limited to, weddings, funerals, counseling, visitation, pastoral care, growth, community service, youth activities, and outreach, as needed.
SCC is a community of believers that love one another and are united as one. The Church meets in a 9,975 sq. ft. Worship Center with an average attendance of 100. Adjacent to the Worship Center is a 9,800 sq. ft. Fellowship Hall. The SCC was established in central rural Delaware in 1977. Smyrna is within 1.5 hours drive of Delaware beaches and major airports (Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC). Please see our website, http://www.smyrnachurchofchrist.com/, for details on our service times and statements of belief.
If you are in agreement with our beliefs and are interested in this job, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Posted: Apr 22, 2019
Address2745 Old Morgantown Rd.
Martinsville, Indiana 46151
Weekly Attendance: approx. 150
Contact InformationNathan Crowe Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Part-time youth and children’s ministry professional.
-With growth, can transition into full-time position.
– Preferably a bachelor’s degree from Bible college or equivalent experience
-Will accept as internship in right circumstances
-Must have a heart and passion for young people.
-Must be able to communicate well with volunteers and church members.
-Must be active in personal Bible study and spiritual discipline.
-Must have a passion for evangelism and outreach, possessing a servant’s heart.
-Maintain communication with the congregation through availability, interpersonal relationships, church publications, and social media.
-Maintain communication with parents about children’s/youth activities.
-Maintain a calendar of events/activities.
-Increase community presence through contact with student families, community involvement/networking, and coordinating youth volunteer activities.
-Build positive relationships in the children and youth.
-Lead youth group and children’s church on occasion.
-Coordinate volunteers to connect personally with students.
-Work in conjunction with the Children/Youth ministry team.
-Assist with the integration of youth into the ministry life of the church.
-Create reports for ministry meetings.
-Accompany youth and volunteers on outings and extended trips.