The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – email@example.com or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Mar 2, 2020
Address4040 Murfreesboro Road
Franklin, Tennessee 37067
Weekly Attendance: 650
Contact InformationDavid Welsh Phone: (615) 790-6605 Fax: (000) 003-7067 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Missions/Outreach Minister will primarily lead and develop FCC’s efforts to connect with our community and our world, by fulfilling our mission to lead people to know and follow Jesus.
Responsible to Lead Minister
The Lead Minister will oversee the goals, activities and vision of the Missions/Outreach Minister, and will conduct performance reviews at least annually. The Executive Director of Administration will assist the Lead Pastor in areas of H.R., budget, and ministry financial functions.
· Champion a compelling vision for missions and community outreach at FCC.
· Serve as the day to day administrator of FCC’ s missions, both Global and Domestic. Assist and facilitate the meetings of both teams.
· Develop a protocol for all short-term mission teams representing FCC and her members.
· Maintain a vital communication link between missions/community outreach with the congregation.
· Assist in the coordination of all visits by supported missionaries.
· Oversee benevolence requests made by members and non-members, assisting when feasible, and communicating those requests with the domestic team.
· Work with staff to develop strategies for reaching new families.
· Perform other pastoral duties per request of Lead Minister (i.e. weddings, funerals, preaching, baptisms, etc.)
· Function as a part of the FCC staff in areas such as (but not limited to): hospital calls, staff meetings, retreats, keeping of vision, and being a team player.
Training and Resources
Training will be offered through the discretion of the Executive Minister and the Lead Minister. However, continued training is vital to the growth of Missions/Outreach at FCC. Training and resources will be based on budget and importance.
Qualifications and skills
· Must be committed to Jesus Christ and experienced in the area of ministering to people in a Christ-
· Must have beliefs consistent with the Restoration Movement, as well as an exposure and understanding of the Independent Christian Church.
· Must be committed to the mission of FCC.
· Ability to relate to a variety of people, regardless of age, ethnicity, or socio-economic background.
· Demonstrated experience sharing faith and church outreach/growth.
· Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
· A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
· Must be emotionally, spiritually and relationally mature with a tenacious commitment to staff and church health.
· Must be an eager and ongoing learner, intrinsically motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
· Must be a team player who works effectively with other staff and volunteers to accomplish excellent results.
· Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both large and small group settings.
· Must demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must embrace the value of having serious fun!
40+ hours per week, full-time employment
Address302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationRodney Booe Phone: (270) 465-5571 Fax: (270) 465-5577 Email: email@example.com
Campbellsville Christian Church is seeking a full-time Preaching Minister.
Role and Responsibilities: At the basic level, the Preaching Minister will present gospel-centered messages each week based on his own personal study of the Bible, clearly communicate the mission and vision of the church, cooperate with other staff members in planning worship services and themes. He will be responsible for Pastoral care of the church alongside the other staff and Eldership. He will also teach and lead other studies, classes, or training as led by the Lead Minister and Elders.
Character: The ideal candidate is an immersed believer and ordained minister of New Testament Christianity, demonstrates a genuine love for people as the highest priority of ministry through communication, cooperation, and personal relationships, Exhibits a work ethic of initiative, positive attitude, and humility.
Experience: The ideal candidate holds a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Bible, Ministry, or Christian Leadership and has served in full-time ministry. Preference will be given to those having preaching experience.
A full job description is available upon request.
Campbellsville is in Taylor County, with a population of ~24,000) and is located in the heart of Kentucky. Campbellsville Christian Church is an established Independent Christian Church. Campbellsville Christian has an average attendance of 325 each week, with a membership of over 400. The church staff is comprised of a full-time Lead, Preaching, Student, and Children’s Ministries with a part time Worship Minister. The Lead Minister handles the day-to-day administration and staff oversight, allowing the Preaching Minister to focus on sermon preparation and pastoral care.
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 302 Lebanon Avenue, Campbellsville, KY 42718, please send links for audio or videos from recent sermons.
Address230 Boggs Lane
Richmond, Kentucky 40475
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationWes Krebs Phone: (859) 625-0758 Email: email@example.com
Community Christian Church is a church that takes its name seriously.
Community is a church based in the heart of Richmond, Kentucky and we think that is a great opportunity to be part of the community. Whether that be through volunteer work or just be a place of spiritual refuge. Unity is something we like to highlight in our name as well. Being broken people from multiple backgrounds we believe that God calls for Unity in His people.
- Sow (Evangelism) – Sharing about Jesus
- Grow (Discipleship) – Becoming more like Jesus
- Go (Service) – Living like Jesus
We are currently accepting applications for a full time youth minister to GROW the youth programs in our church. The Youth Minister will oversee all areas of children and youth ministry, with primary emphasis on Middle and High School. We would consider part-time for the right candidate.
- Must be a baptized believer
- Must have a strong desire to serve the Lord
- Experience working with youth is desired, but not required
- Must be able to work as a team
- Lead Youth Sunday School Class and Small Group
- Lead Wednesday evening Youth Class
- Recruit volunteers, train as needed
- Plan youth events
- Attend monthly Board Meeting
- Opportunities to occasionally preach or lead worship if desired
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Richmond Community Christian Church, 230 Boggs Lane, Richmond KY 40475
Address9875 Lewis Ave,
Temperance, Michigan 48182
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationMatt Hafer Phone: (734) 847-6784 Email: email@example.com
The worship leader will work closely with our pastor and our youth pastor in creating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation.
- Planning our weekly Sunday services (9 and 11) and Wednesday Night services for teens.
- Recruiting, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team of worshippers.
- Leading weekly practices.
- Serving as a member of our staff.
On average 10-15 hours per week
BridgePoint will be moving into our brand new church facility in late August of 2020 and our mission is to help people Find and Follow Jesus.
You can view recent worship services via our Facebook page.
If interested, please email resume, references, videos of leading worship or other material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Address10516 North US Hwy. 31
Seymour, Indiana 47274
Weekly Attendance: 200-250
Contact InformationScott A. Brown Phone: (812) 445-3451 Fax: (812) 445-3461 Email: email@example.com
RCC is located 5 miles north of Seymour, Indiana on State Hwy. 31. Located in a growing community with strong family values and an excellent school system. We are seeking a creative and motivated person to lead our youth and children’s ministry who will also fulfill needed responsibilities as an Associate Minister.
Posted: Feb 24, 2020
Address5210 ODANA RD
MADISON, Wisconsin 53711
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationMARION GREASER Phone: (608) 345-3922 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westwood Christian Church is looking for an energetic, compassionate and personable and engaging leader to help our congregation grow in their faith. Can you see yourself energizing and expanding the children and youth programs of the church? Can you see yourself energizing and motivating the adult members of our congregation in areas of service and outreach in the church and in the community? If so, we encourage you to download our informational packet containing a full job description from the church web site. Please apply by submitting your résumé and the completed Westwood Minister Application to: MinisterSearch@westwoodchristian.com
Address231 E Fudge Street
Covington, Virginia 24426
Weekly Attendance: 125-150
Contact InformationJessica Freeman Phone: (540) 968-2602 Email: email@example.com
Title: Senior Minister
The job of the Senior Minister is a full-time position. The Senior Minister will be under the oversight of the FCC Elders.
The FCC Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the
Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with
the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation. He will work along with the elders and associate minister to develop the strategy for the church’s next steps and with the congregation for personal spiritual growth and discipleship.
- Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
- Shows a deep commitment to Christ and has heart for all people.
- As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based
doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
- Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5 year minimum) ministry at FCC.
- Strong in biblical and expository preaching.
- Along with baptized members of his immediate family living within the same household, will place his membership with First Christian Church and residence in the community.
- History of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an
outreach and mission-minded church.
- Empowering leader who motivates the church toward growth.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message
- A commitment to/and agreement with the statements of beliefs of First Christian Church as stated in the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Ordained in the Christian Church.
- A Christian/theologically based bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited institution is required.
- Consistently delivers easily understood, Bible-based sermons that are engaging, relevant and challenge those who hear to seek or deepen their relationship with Jesus.
- Teach on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings and Wednesday nights.
- Provides a focus on spiritual growth, discipleship, and Christian community.
- Maintains open communication with the Associate Pastor to ensure he is planning and directing the Youth and Children’s ministries through staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Eldership.
- Leadership/Leadership Development & Discipleship:
- Leads the Congregation by example and by teaching.
- Cares for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management, referral to other professionals.
- In partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Staff, and Ministry Teams, implements the vision and mission of the church.
- Attend monthly Elders meetings and board meetings and report on church activities and the spiritual needs of the church.
- Provides oversight to staff members that allow them flexibility to accomplish their responsibilities, focusing on our overall goals.
- In partnership with the Elders, adjusts to societal changes without compromising the Christian doctrine.
- Community and Outreach:
- Be a visual part of the community promoting Christ and our church, helping where certain skills can make a difference and be a positive influence.
- Carry out hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins in partnership with the Elders.
- Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Engages and works with other ministries and organizations to serve the community.
- Spends intentional time in the community.
- Equips and mobilizes the congregation in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
- Maintain established office hours
Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Address40 East Highlands Ranch Parkway
Highlands Ranch, Colorado 80126
Weekly Attendance: 550
Contact InformationTracy Van Vleet Phone: (720) 573-6022 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mountainview Residency Program is a two-year ministry training program (with a one-year evaluation) designed to provide emerging leaders with real-life experience in a local church. This is accomplished through personal mentoring and meaningful ministry responsibilities. The Residency Program is a part of Mountainview’s 3G mission to Glorify God, Grow in Jesus, and to Go into the World.
Residents gain valuable ministry experience by serving as part of a staff team in one of Mountainview’s ministry areas. Over the course of two years, the resident will be encouraged to lead as well as learn. The ministry area in which a resident serves will be based on personal experience, team chemistry, and what the resident hopes to do in the future.
Information and our questionnaire & application are located on our website: http://mtnvw.org/residency. PLEASE apply thru this website. Our next residency start date is August 1st, 2020.
Address7535 Fort Caroline Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32277
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationDon Hulsey, Lead Minister Phone: (904) 744-5522 Email: email@example.com
Fort Caroline Christian Church is seeking a full-time Worship/Children and Youth Minister who is passionately in love with God and His church. A full job description is available upon request. Our mission is to Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples.
Address5232 County Road HJ
Delta, Ohio 43515
Weekly Attendance: 70 -85
Contact InformationPatrick Reckner Phone: (419) 330-9600 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a conservative Bible believing Church. We are looking for a Pastor that can bring the word of God to life. It makes no difference if you are young, or older. Please your resume to my e-mail. Thank You for your time.
Address194 Robins Rest Rd
Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationCaleb Penwell Phone: (304) 325-8520 Email: email@example.com
Minister of Connections and Transitions…
Maple View Church of Christ is seeking a man to be a part of our ministry team that will fulfill the primary responsibilities of connections and transitions in our congregation. If you would like a full job description please contact Caleb Penwell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Part of this position will include regular preaching and teaching opportunities so please also send or add a link to some current sermons.
o Put a guest connection and follow-up plan of action into place and see that it is executed.
o Evaluate where each guest is at spiritually so that they can be connected to the proper next step in their faith.
o Help people go from being guests to accepting Christ/placing membership.
o Help new members to connect relationally into the church.
o Help new members to connect into service within the church.
o Give direction on needed expansion of this ministry.
o Help young adults go from high school to single adulthood, from single adulthood to marriage and from marriage to young family as a part of the church as a whole.
o Directing or leading in regular teaching through Sunday School and 242 (groups).
o Directing or leading in events to connect and build relationships.
• Teaching and preaching team:
o Be a regular part of the teaching weekly in the congregation
o Be part of the preaching team.
Our church has a great location in the beautiful Mountains of Bluefield WV. If you have interest or feel God leading you to this ministry please check us our on our website mapleviewchurch.org. Remuneration will be based on experience and education. May God bless you as you seek His will.
Posted: Feb 18, 2020
Address485 South First Street
Noble, Illinois 62868
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationJoel Harrison Phone: (618) 723-2319 Email: email@example.com
The First Christian Church of Noble is prayerfully seeking a candidate for Children’s Minister. We are looking for a full-time minister willing to participate in a ministry team composed of elders, deacons, pastoral staff, and congregational members. We desire a self-motivated, energetic Bible teacher who has the capacity to lead with Christ-like service, can equip our children and parents to be disciples and to go make disciples, and has a heart for our mission of “Loving God. Loving Noble”. Applicants for this position should philosophically agree that ministry is not a job; it is a holistic lifestyle.
FCCN is a vibrant multi-generational congregation founded on Scriptural principles and practice. FCCN is theologically associated with the American Restoration Movement. Our church is located in Southern, Illinois. The average Sunday morning attendance is 165. We moved into a new 12,000 sq. ft. building in 2013, and are planning a children/youth addition in the near future. We are currently debt free.
Our Senior Minister has been serving with us since September of 2019, and our Youth and Worship Minister has been faithfully serving at FCCN for the past 7 years. Our youth and children’s programs continue to grow and as we look to the future we believe God is calling us to bring on a Children’s Minister to take the discipleship of our children and families to the next level.
The salary for this position is based on experience. The benefits also include a cell phone allowance and paid vacation. Experience in Children’s Ministry or Education and a Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry or Education from a Restoration Movement College or University is preferred. Interested applicants should send their resume along with a Statement of Faith to the following:
First Christian Church of Noble
ATTN: Children’s Minister Search Team
485 South 1st Street
Noble, IL 62868
Or emailed to:
Address731 Independence St
Ellettsville, Indiana 47429
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationSearch Team Phone: (812) 876-6500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellettsville Christian Church
Children’s Minister Position
The Children’s Minister will be responsible for the oversight of children’s ministries (birth through 5th grade). The scope of this position will be to develop and oversee all aspects of Ellettsville Christian Church’s (ECC) children’s ministry programming, with a focus on recruiting, training, and developing leaders who will work intentionally to help create a healthy environment for age appropriate discipleship.
- Develop and implement comprehensive visions and strategies for ECC’s ministries for children and their families that embody and employ the ECC’s core values.
- Recruit, train, and develop adult leaders who have a passion for shepherding and discipling children.
- Oversee the development and daily implementation of the children’s ministry budget.
- Direct oversight for the following key areas of ministry:
- Sunday morning programming for nursery through 5th grade.
- Development and leadership of programming beyond Sunday mornings
- Regular events for fellowship.
- Regular events for community outreach.
- Serve as a spiritual and relational growth resource to families with children.
- Work to ensure risk management is in compliance and that background checks are completed on all volunteer staff.
- Help provide pastoral care to families.
- Participate as a member of the church staff, including staff meetings, planning sessions, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Be a model to children and their and families:
- Have a regular personal prayer and Bible study time.
- Attend church regularly.
- Be Involved in a small group or other accountability group.
- Seek to model personal life on the life of Jesus Christ.
- The Children’s Minister will be directly accountable to the Senior Minister.
- The Children’s Minister will be a team player and will work in cooperation with other staff and ministry leaders within the church.
- The Children’s Minister shall receive a minimum of an annual review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, Christian Ministry or related field from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience in leading or volunteering in youth ministry and/or children’s ministry of a similar size.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Independent Christian Church/Church of Christ background.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and philosophy of ministry statement to email@example.com
Address340 N. Azalea Dr
Surfside Beach, South Carolina 29575
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationEllen Stone Phone: (843) 685-8896 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a small church wanting to grow. If you are a Bible-believing and Restoration Movement believer, and a graduate of one of our bible colleges, we would be interested in talking with you. A parsonage, salary and benefits are negotiable. Please send your resume to the church at 340 N. Azalea Dr, Surfside Beach, SC 29575; phone 843-238-4779; email: email@example.com