Covenant Church Program
The Covenant Church Program (CCP) is designed to benefit congregations that are supporting partners with Kentucky Christian University. Covenant Churches are important stakeholders who have a vested interest in Christian higher education.
Covenant Churches support KCU at a minimum of $2,400 annually. KCU is pleased to offer Covenant Churches the following benefits.
Full time CCP members receive an annual, renewable $2,000 scholarship. This scholarship is in addition to all other financial aid awarded to the student (not to exceed 100% tuition). Receiving Federal or State financial assistance based on financial need may reduce a portion of or eliminate the Covenant Church Scholarship in order to maintain the government assistance a student already qualifies for.
Full time staff members of a CCP member church receive a 20% – 100% tuition scholarship in the Keeran School of Bible and Ministry in KCU’s Masters Degree Program.
Summer in the Son – Two free registrations to Summer in the Son ($500 value)
As your church generously supports the University with its prayers, students, and finances, KCU is pleased that we can be a valuable resource to your entire congregation.
If you have any questions about the Covenant Church Program please contact: Jeff Greene at (606) 474-3298.
Scholarship Policies And Procedures
The Covenant Church scholarship program is designed for those churches that financially support the educational ministry of Kentucky Christian University. Through this program, students and full time staff at qualified churches are eligible for significant financial assistance when they enroll as full time students at Kentucky Christian University. There is no limit to the number of scholarships that may be awarded as long as the recipients meet all qualifications. The following policies and procedures describe the “covenant” relationship between KCU and churches participating in the program.
To Qualify for the Covenant Church Program a Church Must:
- Submit a Letter of Commitment agreeing to financially support KCU at a minimum of $2,400 per year and have a history of giving to KCU for at least 12 months. If a church is in the process of becoming a qualified Covenant Church, students will receive the scholarship during the next full semester after all qualifications are met. (All gifts to the University must be unrestricted, i.e. general fund gifts. Individuals can not designate a financial contribution through the church to the benefit of a specific student as this is a violation of the Federal Internal Revenue Code.)
- Assign a representative from the Church who will promote the Covenant Church Scholarship to church staff, its college bound youth and their parents and promote the educational ministry of KCU. This will be accomplished in partnership with the Admissions Department at KCU.
- Provide a KCU website link: This link on the church’s webpage (where applicable) will provide information about the benefits of the Covenant Church program as well as other opportunities available at KCU.
- Promote the covenant relationship between KCU and the Church by presenting the Covenant Church Scholarship to qualified church staff and/or students.
To Qualify for the Covenant Church Scholarship a Student Must:
- Be an active member of a qualified Covenant Church.
- Submit a KCU Covenant Church Student Scholarship Referral Form signed by the church treasurer or other church representative stating that the student is an active member of the congregation. The referral form must be received by the Office of Enrollment Services no later than July 1st for new students enrolling in the fall semester and by December 1st for new students enrolling in the spring semester. The referral form only needs to be submitted once as long as the student is continuously enrolled as a full time student at KCU.
- Meet the requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards as outlined in the KCU catalog.
Please note the following:
- Qualified traditional students receive an annual, renewable $2,000 scholarship. (General KCU Scholarship Guidelines apply)
- Full time church staff receive a 20-100% tuition scholarship in the KCU Keeran School of Bible & Ministry Graduate Program.
- The maximum total of KCU scholarships awarded cannot exceed 100% of tuition.
- Students qualify only if their home church is a Covenant Church Partner. Students transferring their membership to KCU area churches that are already Covenant Church Partners with the University do not qualify for the Covenant Church Scholarship.