NEW! Locate your Off-campus Username and Password with this tutorial!
Young Library provides research materials in both print and electronic formats. All students, faculty, and staff have 24/7 access to electronic research materials wherever an internet connection is available. Professional full-time staff members are available in the library 74 hours a week for one-on-one consultation. Library staff can be contacted in person, by phone, or by e-mail.
To Begin Your Research
- Identify and define your topic
- Gather background information and develop search terms
- Locate print and electronic resources (books, streaming video, journal articles) in Young Library using KCU’s Online Catalog. Use other catalogs – WorldCat – to locate off site materials available through Inter-library Loan.
- Search journal databases for electronic and full-text articles – Off-Campus Username and Password
- Find additional internet resources. Consider government websites, academic sites, and scholarly sites.
- Evaluate all information. Consider author information/ perspective, How is the article useful to answering your research question?
- Maintain citation information on all resources used
Planning Your Research Project
Locating information is one part of completing a research assignment. To help you with planning, researching, drafting, writing, and completing your research assignment, we recommend that you use this Research Paper Planner: Timeline from Baylor University. Put in the date assigned and the due date. A step-by-step guide will be generated to help you complete your assignment successfully. Please contact the library if you have any questions.
Baylor University libraries research paper planner: Timeline. (n.d.) Retrieved August 9, 2019, from https://planner.bulibtools.net/
Interlibrary Loan Forms
– Interlibrary Loan Request Form for Journal Articles
– Interlibrary Loan Request Form for Books
– Interlibrary Loan Request Form for Book Chapters
– Interlibrary Loan Request Form for Academic Thesis or Dissertation