Preaching Roundtable 2015
Are you connecting with seekers and new believers in a way that leads them to faithful discipleship?
Is your preaching fresh and vibrant, or could you use some nourishment?
You’re invited to a one-day Preaching Roundtable—unlike any other kind available. Instead of preplanned lectures, our workshop faculty will facilitate conversations about how to preach to unchurched people.
Last year’s workshop was incredible, and this year’s will be even better. Highlights will include:
- Attending chapel and hearing Arron Chambers preach
- Having lunch with our speakers
- Q&A time with our speakers and host
- Encouraging time with fellow ministers
Our speakers bring expertise on how to preach and teach to unchurched people, ideas you can use immediately!
“I felt like these workshops would go over my head. I was wrong. This event has created a passion in me for better preaching.” -2014 Participant
Dr. Rob O’Lynn, our workshop host, has invited speakers this year who have significant experience working day-in and day-out with unchurched people. Our speakers for this year’s Roundtable include Arron Chambers (pictured left), the lead minister of the Journey Christian Church (Greely, CO) and author of such books as Eats with Sinners, Running on Empty and Devoted. Arron has a passion for preaching to unchurched people and led thriving churches across the country. Our other speaker is Seth Frank (pictured right), a campus minister who started in the Penn State system and is now at Morehead State University. Of those involved in the Morehead ministry, 80% had no interest in Christianity when they came to college. Yet, through Seth’s teaching and leadership, this campus ministry plant has grown into a thriving, student-led ministry. Both of these speakers will share from their own current experiences of how they preach and teach unchurched people, ideas that you can use immediately!
When: Tuesday, September 29 — 9 AM to 4 PM
Where: The Campus of Kentucky Christian University. — 100 Academic Parkway, Grayson, KY 41143
Cost: $35 in Advance — $50 at the door.
For more information, contact Dr. Rob O’Lynn (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3230).
- For the first 10 current graduate students that sign up, you will receive a signed copy of our host Dr. Rob O’Lynn’s recent book Practicing Presence: Theory and Practice of Pastoral Care!
- For the first 25 participants that sign up, you will receive a signed copy of Arron Chambers’ book Eats with Sinners!
- For Youth Ministers who sign up to attend the Preaching Workshop: You will receive a $10 discount on registration for February’s Youth Ministry Crash!
- Could you use some extra training? Think graduate school might be in your future? Well, simply for requesting information about KCU’s graduate school, you will also receive a free ‘coaching’ session on how to engage unchurched people from workshop presenter Seth Frank. Seth is a natural when to comes to sharing the gospel with unchurched people, and he would like to share his storytelling secrets with you.
Register Online Today!