December 21, 2020
For information regarding the regathering plan for the 2021 spring semester, please click the document below.
October 30, 2020
Greetings Fellow Knights
While we have had low numbers of COVID exposure on campus and all but one of our students currently in quarantine are there as a precautionary measure due to travel, the State of Kentucky declared Carter County to be a red county yesterday evening. You can continue to monitor our quarantine numbers on our dashboard by looking on the website under the COVID page.
In response to the State’s declaration, KCU is initiating the following responses:
1. Any athletic competitions held on the campus will not be open to any spectators, whether they are indoor or outdoor competitions, for the rest of the term. Athletics may adopt further preventative measures that they will communicate at a later time.
2. Any meetings should be held via technology when possible. Participants in any face to face meeting must practice both social distancing and mask wearing.
3. While face to face classes will continue to meet, chapel will be virtual only for at least next week.
4. All personnel are reminded to wear masks and social distance when they are interacting with others whether they are inside or outside.
5. Employees and students are encouraged to minimize contact with individuals off campus and to utilize drive through or pick up services whenever possible. When off campus interaction is necessary, remember to practice social distancing and to wear a mask.
6. As has been the case all term, masking, social distancing, and frequent hand washing are all imperative steps to preventing the spread of the virus. Also, should you either have knowledge of an exposure or begin to experience any symptoms, immediately seek medical attention, self isolate, and contact your supervisor.
Stay safe Knights.