Every year the U. S. Department of Education selects a percentage of financial aid applicants for a review of their financial aid information. This review is known as verification.
If your application is selected for verification, you will need to submit certain information to our Financial Aid Office. Below are the forms to print, complete, and send to our office.
2022-23 Verification Forms
Comment Code 400/401
Verification Worksheet & Instructions (Dependent Student)
Verification Worksheet & Instructions (Independent Student)
Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
Statement of Non-Tax-Filing Status for 2020
- The Financial Aid Office will contact you requesting the necessary documents.
- Students/parents are encouraged to submit the required information/documentation as soon as possible to enable the Financial Aid Office to review, process, and release the student’s financial aid in a timely manner.
- In order to receive funds, all forms MUST be received four weeks prior to the last day of the term. Failure to do so may result in loss of funds.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you are having difficulty submitting forms.
- If there is a discrepancy in any of the above items, you may need to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional information.
- Any necessary corrections will be resubmitted to the Federal Student Aid Processing Center.
- You will be notified if correction(s) are made. You will also receive a notification if your awards change due to a correction.
An IRS Tax Return Transcript may be obtained through:
- Get Transcript by Mail
Go to www.irs.gov click “Get Your Tax Record.” Click “Get Transcript by Mail.” Make sure to request the “Return Transcript” and NOT the “Account Transcript.” The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the online request.
- Get Transcript Online
Go to www.irs.gov click “Get Your Tax Record.” Click “Get Transcript Online.” Make sure to request the “Return Transcript” and NOT the “Account Transcript.” To use the Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have (1) access to a valid email address, (2) a text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) in the user’s name, and (3) specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan). The transcript displays online upon successful completion of the IRS’s two-step authentication.
- Automated Telephone Request – Call 1-800-908-9946. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the telephone request.
- Paper Request Form – Submit IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T to the IRS. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the paper request form.
Once selected for verification, you cannot receive any federal financial aid funds (including Federal Work Study and Direct Loans) until the verification process has been completed.
Once the verification process is complete, you will receive information regarding your eligibility.
Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor