Apply for Your FAFSA
Complete Your FAFSA
- If filling out the free Application for Federal Student Aid for the first time, register for an FSA ID (username/password).
Keep this information, as you will need to use this ID each time you fill out the FAFSA. Both the parent and student need to register for an FSA ID.
- You will need the following information to fill out the FAFSA: Social Security Number and birthdate for parent(s) and the student, driver’s license number, tax returns, and W-2s.
- The FAFSA is free. Be sure to go to Federal Student Aid to fill out the FAFSA. Beware of imitating sites that may take your information and money.
While Filling Out The FAFSA
- That the school code for Kentucky Christian University is 001965.
- Give yourself some time. This application plays a major role in paying for college, so it’s well worth the time spent.
- Be aware that you may be flagged for verification. Don’t take it personally, it just means we need some additional documents. Your enrollment counselor will help you through the process.
- It does take time to get the information processed. KCU will receive your results 5-10 business days after you submit the FAFSA.
Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT)
- Provides IRS tax data automatically for the FAFSA
- Privacy and security enhancements were added so it is safe
- Fastest and most accurate way to input your tax return information for the FAFSA
- Eliminates additional documentation if your file is flagged for verification
After The FAFSA…What’s Next?
- Some people will be flagged for verification. If you are selected for verification, please refer to the Verification Resources tab for instructions on completing the verification process.
- If you need to make changes to your FAFSA, because of verification, someone from the Financial Aid Office will let you know.
- If you have any questions, contact your enrollment counselor at 1-800-522-3181 or contact a financial aid counselor at 606.474.3226.
- After your FAFSA is processed, you will receive a Financial Aid Offer from the KCU Financial Aid Office. Follow the instructions given at that time to accept, reduce or decline any or all of your financial aid offered to you.
- Conditions for Receiving Financial Aid