Complete Your FAFSA Worksheet Today
Find it HERE
- If filling out the FAFSA for the first time, register for an FSA ID (username/password).
Keep this information, as you will need to use this ID each time you fill out the FAFSA. Both the parent and student need to register for an FSA ID.
- You will need the following information to fill out the FAFSA: Social Security Number and birthdate for parent(s) and the student, driver’s license number, tax returns, and W-2s.
- Be sure to go to Fed Student Aid to fill out the FAFSA. Beware of imitating sites that may take your information and money.
While Filling Out The FAFSA
- Remember that the school code for Kentucky Christian University is 001965.
- Give yourself some time. This application plays a major role in paying for college, so it’s well worth the time spent.
- Be aware that you may be flagged for verification. Don’t take it personally, it just means we need some additional documents. Your enrollment counselor will help you through the process.
- It does take time to get the information processed. KCU will receive your results 5-10 business days after you submit the FAFSA.
Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT)
- Provides IRS tax data automatically for the FAFSA.
- Privacy and security enhancements were added so it is safe.
- Fastest and most accurate way to input your tax return information for the FAFSA.
- Eliminates additional documentation if your file is flagged for verification.
After The FAFSA…What’s Next?
- Some people will be flagged for verification. If you are selected for the 2020-2021 year, please be prepared to provide us with copies of 2018 Tax Returns or you can request Tax Transcripts for 2018 for you and your parents (if you filed). Please refer to the Verification Resources tab for instructions on requesting your transcript.
- If you have to make corrections to your FAFSA, don’t be concerned there was a possible mistake on the FAFSA, you will be informed if you need to make any changes.
- If you have any questions, contact your enrollment counselor at 1-800-522-3181.