Complete Your FAFSA Worksheet Today
Before You Begin Filling Out The FAFSA, Do The Following
- If filling out the FAFSA for the first time, register for a FSA ID.
Keep this number, as you will need to use this ID each time you fill out the FAFSA. Both parents and students need to register for a FSA ID.
- You will need the following information to fill out the FAFSA: Social Security Number and birth date for parents and the students, driver’s license number, tax returns, and W-2s.
- Be sure to go to fafsa.ed.gov to fill out the FAFSA. Beware of imitating sites that may take your information and money.
While Filling Out The FAFSA
- Remember that the school code for Kentucky Christian University is 001965.
- Give yourself some time. This application plays a major role in paying for college, so it’s well worth the time spent.
- Be aware that you may be flagged for verification. Don’t take it personally. Your enrollment counselor will help you through the process.
- It does take time to get the information processed. KCU will receive your results 3-4 days after you submit the FAFSA.
After The FAFSA…What’s Next?
- Some people will get flagged for verification. We will need specific information from you when that happens and we will contact you to let you know what that is.
- If you have to make corrections to your FAFSA, don’t be concerned there was a possible mistake on the FAFSA, you will be informed if you need to make any changes.
- If you have any questions, contact your enrollment counselor or call us at 1-800-522-3181.