The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Apr 3, 2018
Address5320 W. 23rd St.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55416
Contact InformationAaron Nosich Phone: (877) 249-9904 Email: email@example.com
YouthWorks is a multi-denominational Christian, nonprofit organization that exists to connect teenagers to God, each other and communities through life-changing, Christ-centered mission trips. As 25,000 people take part in service this summer at over 60 communities, we need college and post-college-age staff to be on the front lines leading this ministry on each of our sites. In the midst of managing around 65 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their leadership skills and deepen their faith. All of our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
YouthWorks offers several types of summer staff positions/internships. Although each team member shares many of the same job responsibilities on site, each unique position emphasizes different areas of leadership. All summer staff receive their community information and are trained at the beginning of the summer. For example, YouthWorks does not expect all Work Projects Coordinators to know how to teach every aspect of home painting prior to being hired. The main thing we ask is that you would be willing to learn.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas. The specific position descriptions are as follows:
MINISTRY SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Promote an environment on site where youth connect their service to Jesus as you interact with them daily. Love and encourage students in their experience and faith journey. Support daily work projects, children’s programming, or service sites. Plan and facilitate a large group gathering each evening that includes worship, sharing, processing and interaction with provided theme materials. Lead evening activities that connect youth with the community in which they are serving.
COMMUNITY SERVICE COORDINATOR
Lead ministry by getting to know the various needs of a community and then discover how volunteers can help a local organization make a difference. Network with social service and ministry organizations to coordinate service opportunities for teenagers. See lives change as teenagers are taken out of their comfort zones and come face to face with Jesus in a new way.
WORK PROJECTS COORDINATOR
Help youth engage in ministry by building relationships with community members through work projects (painting, gardening, and minor home repair projects). Learn how to set up projects and partner with local community contacts and home owners. Teach participants the basics of painting and watch them be transformed as they serve in new ways. See the lasting effect on both community members whose homes have been improved, as well as the teens and adults who completed the repairs.
UTILITY SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Utility Staff begin the summer assigned to a region, not a specific community. Be a “jack of all trades” and serve in a variety of areas. Be trained for several positions and offer support to Site Coordinators. Coordinate daily service activities and see participants’ lives change as they experience Christ through service. Support teams with spiritual encouragement and a servant attitude. Staff must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing roles and locations. Utility Staff may move from team to team throughout the summer in a support role, but at any point during the spring or summer, Utility Support Coordinators may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position.
Potential summer staff must be at least one year out of high school to meet our minimum application requirements. Candidates must demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills, able to handle responsibility and have leadership experience. Staff should value youth and be passionate about serving. See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
$2,750 + food/gas/housing
Dates of Employment
The dates for full-summer employment are May 21-August 8, 2018.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Address112 HIgh Street
New Manchester, West Virginia 26056
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationKathy White Phone: (304) 670-3366 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Manchester Christian Church is searching for a full time Minister. We are a small, caring congregation with a traditional worship style located in a rural area in West Virginia outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Our core beliefs are based on the Bible being the true revelation of God and the plan of salvation including baptism by emersion. A successful candidate would care deeply for the congregation and be willing to work with the youth of the church.
Posted: Mar 29, 2018
Address701 N. Four Mile Run Rd.
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationMichael Smith Phone: (330) 799-7831 Email: email@example.com
Four Mile Run Christian Church is looking to fill either a part-time or full-time worship position. The full-time position would come with more responsibility in the candidate’s areas of gifts, abilities and passion.
We feel that the worship position is a vital role to fill. The ideal candidate will be a person who has the ability to actively engage people in meaningful worship for both of our worship services (traditional and contemporary).
Job descriptions for the part-time and full-time position are available upon request.
The vision of Four Mile Run Christian Church is to Connect People to Christ. This is fulfilled through our mission of Connecting People to Christ, Community, Serving and Others.
We are excited about the opportunities that God has before us in our community and the surrounding area. We are located in a unique position where 5 major highways/interstates connect and are 1 hour from Pittsburgh and Cleveland, Ohio.
Posted: Mar 28, 2018
Address247 Smithtown Boulevard
Nesconset, New York 11767
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationJR Lightstein Phone: (631) 265-2141 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nesconset Christian Church (NCC) located in Long Island NY is seeking an Associate Pastor of Family Ministries. The primary calling of the Associate Pastor of Family Ministries is to oversee the spiritual needs of the Youth and the development of Family Ministries.
Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades 6 through 12 and college age Students
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor in developing an effective vision, philosophy and strategy for family ministry.
- Develop and Support fellowship and study opportunities for families through Small Groups
- Provide overall theological direction in accordance with the beliefs of NCC
- Responsible for the preparation and supervision of applicable Ministry Budgets
- Developing and leading programs and events that help us accomplish the vision for family ministry
- Preach during Sunday services as needed or determined by the Senior Pastor
- Assist the Senior Pastor with visitation of members and prospective members
- Participate in church wide events and lend their assistance and support to the total church program
Attributes & Qualifications include:
- Must be a Baptized (immersed) Believer
- Meet Elder qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Fully believes and supports the entire Bible as God’s Word
- Fully understands and supports the Restoration Movement as it relates to and is faithful to Scripture
- Preferred, 5 years of ministry experience in a Restoration Movement Church
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a Bible College or Seminary (Restoration Movement).
- Passionately embody God’s Word through daily living, exhibiting a good moral character and practicing regular Spiritual disciplines. Displays noticeable evidences of spiritual authenticity
- Skilled and passionate Bible based teacher
- Strong written & oral communication skills, technology and Social Media associated with preparation, teaching, preaching and outreach
- Emulates the life of Jesus and the students can see Jesus in the way he lives his life.
- Built accountability safeguards into his life
The Nesconset Christian Church is a non-denominational independent Christian Church associated with the Restoration Movement. We are a genuinely loving church that worships God enthusiastically (Psalm 42). We are a healthy, multicultural and diverse congregation of approximately 235 members
If you are qualified and would like to learn more, please forward a cover page, resume and video samples of teaching or preaching to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Address5699 Fort St
Trenton, Michigan 48183
Weekly Attendance: 1472
Contact InformationMark Essick Phone: (734) 675-7575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CENTRAL KIDS MINISTER
To Win downriver kids & families to Christ by providing vision and leadership to the Kids Ministry department to ensure it operates in a way that kids and families are cared for and disciple to become lifelong followers of Christ.
The Central Kids Minister will be responsible to lead and implement the vision for our Birth-Elementary Programs.
- Lives in accordance to Scripture and is a loyal follower of Jesus.
- Is in agreement with Southpoint mission, vision and values.
- A team player – must work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Is Biblically solid, theologically conservative, evangelical, and in agreement with Restoration Movement philosophy.
- A self-starter – must work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, respond to email within 48 hours.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google App Suite.
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing vision for a department.
- Demonstrated ability to select, build, and lead successful, productive teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff or other key volunteers in ministry.
- Demonstrated experience preferred in developing and building, healthy, growing small group structures.
- Preferred two years of participation in kid’s ministry.
- Be a Kids Ministry expert through continual learning.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and work in cooperation with other ministry staff to fulfill the vision of the church.
- Demonstrated ability to find and/or create age-appropriate curriculum.
- Highly relational – ability to interact with a variety of people in a variety of circumstances.
Address355 Park 32 West Dr
Noblesville, Indiana 46062
Contact InformationDavid Stine Email: email@example.com
Principle Function: It is the function of the Media Director to creatively, effectively, accurately, and ethically tell the “story” of IDES. This includes the “stories” of our mission partners, of our volunteers, and most importantly of those who IDES is serving.
1. Writes and publishes a creative blog-post or devotional 2-3 times per month.
2. Writes an informative article about a recent project for the website weekly.
3. Captures and edits photos depicting IDES projects, programs, and events.
4. Shoots and produces videos depicting IDES projects, programs, and events.
5. Records and designs audio for IDES video projects.
6. Designs and maintains IDES website as needed.
7. Designs graphics for various marketing needs and social media posts
8. Manages and posts daily on all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram,
Twitter) in a way that targets and engages specific audiences; also interacts with
followers and supporters in a timely and kind-hearted manner.
9. Designs and produces all major and minor print publications such as newsletters,
catalogs, training booklets, flyers, and brochure cards according to publication
calendar and as needed.
10. Designs other marketing materials such as apparel, event banners, and online
advertisements (including Facebook ads and customized landing pages).
11. Manages and maintains basic links for online payment gateway in partnership
with Finance Director.
12. Designs and maintains IDES mobile abilities (donation application, website, push
notification alerts during “Disaster Modes”).
13. Interacts with public news agencies and represents IDES at occasional public
14. Works with fellow staff members and supervisors to brainstorm, develop, and
create new media engagement opportunities and items.
Reports to: Director of Operations, Executive Director, and frequently works alongside all other staff members on an as-needed basis
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Visual Communication (or a
related area of study)
Knowledge, Skills, or Experience Required:
-Knowledge of “Media Ethics” especially in regards to recording/
photographing people in/from diverse international cultures and impoverished
-Videography and Production
-Photography and Editing
-Informative and Persuasive Writing
-Social Media Relations and Marketing
-Audio Recording and Design
-(Non-Coding) Website Design & Maintenance
-Print Publication Design
-Public Media Relations
-General Communication Skills
-Project Management with multiple deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, or Experience Preferred:
-Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite programs including but not limited to:
Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Premiere Pro CC, Indesign CC, Audition CC, After
-Motion-Graphic Design (Video Graphics)
-Photography Drone Piloting Experience
-Mobile Application Design
Time Required: Full-time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week, with occasional opportunities for international and domestic travel.
Compensation: Salaried, negotiable / commensurate with experience
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 reference contacts to David Stine, Director of Operations at IDES: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Mar 26, 2018
Address2005 S. M-52
Owosso, Michigan 48867
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationSteve Lockwood Phone: (989) 723-5407 Email: email@example.com
Part-time youth minister with potential to go into full-time. We are looking for someone to lead our youth in Sunday School, Jr. church, Sunday evenings, Wednesday night Bible Study, and other activities outside of regularly scheduled church services. This position would oversee all youth ages, but prefer this person work with middle and high school ages.
Posted: Mar 24, 2018
Address1601 Ritchie Highway
Arnold, Maryland 21012
Weekly Attendance: 75-100
Contact InformationJohn Lewis Phone: (443) 977-6124 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annapolis Church of Christ is looking for a well-rounded preacher who is capable of inspiring members of the church and the community around them. Additional qualifications that we are seeking in a preacher include:
- Thorough knowledge of scripture,
- Baptized member of the Church of Christ,
- Strong communication skills,
- Strong teaching skills,
- Missionary outlook,
- Interest and/or experience growing a congregation, including evangelism experience,
- Ability to inspire church members to be more involved in church programs and activities,
- Experience in and ability to connect with all age groups and ministries (children, teens, young adults, USNA midshipmen, elderly, etc),
- Experience in serving the community (setting up volunteer work, nursing home outreach, etc), and
- Ability to encourage and develop fellowship opportunities for the congregation.
The primary duties of the preacher will be studying God’s word during the week and preaching God’s word to the congregation during Sunday morning and Sunday evening services. Other duties the preacher will be expected to participate in include:
- Teaching classes,
- Pastoral counseling,
- Gospel meetings,
- Evangelism / Community outreach,
- Visiting the sick (physical or spiritual), and
- Funeral/matrimonial services (if requested by participating families).
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
To Apply: Interested men should mail or email a letter of introduction, resume, recent sermons, and examples of recent classes taught. Video/audio of classes and sermons are to be provided on CD/DVD or other electronic media.
Contact Name: John Lewis
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (443) 977-6124
Posted: Mar 21, 2018
Address19455 Villa City Rd
Groveland, Florida 34736
Weekly Attendance: 210
Contact InformationAndy Conklin Phone: (573) 202-8599 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Lake Christian Church, an independent Christian church located 45 minutes north of Orlando, is seeking a dynamic full- time Worship Director. Our congregation attendance for both services is over 220 each week. We provide both a traditional and contemporary service for our members.
For additional information about our church please review our website at www.SLCC.church
- Lead both traditional and contemporary worship service as well as Wednesday night music
- Establish and direct church volunteer program to include:
- Creation of program
- Background check process for all necessary volunteers
- Oversee recognition program
- Responsible for Planning Center database including weekly reporting and maintaining data
- Ensure proper follow up with visitors
- Create media slides for both services and upload in Planning Center
- Administer Welcome Center including the check-in process
- Select hymns/music for both services
- Coordinate member visitation program with senior minister
- Oversee website to include all upgrades and updates needed to maintain site
- Ensure proper level of social media is created and provided
- Work with senior minister to ensure smooth flowing service
- Facilitate weekly worship team practice
- Attend monthly staff meeting as directed by senior minister
- On occasion preach services
- Other duties as directed by senior minister/elders
- This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a Christian college
- Must have prior experience in leading worship as well as musical experience
- Ability to play musical instrument preferred
- Understand/Oversee worship to include all media support, volunteers and scheduling
- The successful person in this position will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, a team building mentality, possessing a passion for connecting people.
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities
- Have a clear understanding of computer systems (Mac, Microsoft, Planning Center)
- Website and social media skill set preferred
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Highly organized, administrative and dependable
- Approachable, friendly and outgoing
This position reports to the Senior Minister and salary based on qualifications and experience
Address20212 Peachland Blvd.
Port Charlotte, Florida 33954
Weekly Attendance: 1500+
Contact InformationRusty Russell Phone: (941) 625-4947 Email: email@example.com
Church Administrator Job Description
New Day Christian Church
20212 Peachland Blvd
Port Charlotte, FL 33954
We are a rapidly growing church of 1,500 average attendance in Port Charlotte, Florida, looking for an energetic, hard-working leader to join our team and help us reach the next generation with the Gospel. We want someone with executive experience who will help us steward God’s resources of finances, buildings and people and will plan strategically for growth. We are looking for someone who will exemplify Christ, recruit and train leaders, organize teams, help us take new ground, and be fun to work with.
The Administrator is responsible for oversight of the daily facility operations and business functions of New Day Christian Church.
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and spend regular time alone with God through prayer and Bible study
- Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, attending appropriate conferences/seminars, and/or approved course work
- Pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus
- Model Christlike behavior in words and actions
- Be actively involved in the life of the church
- Demonstrate spiritual leadership in your home and family
- Finances: Manage and improve daily finances and annual budgeting process, including oversight of part-time bookkeeper
- Facilities: Champion the care, maintenance and improvements of buildings and grounds, including oversight of full time maintenance director
- Policies and Procedures: Review, draft and implement policies and procedures for church and staff, including building use policies, human resource matters, legal compliance matters, etc.
- Front Office: Oversee the Office Manager
- Safety: Oversee the volunteer safety team (medical and security)
- Database: Oversee the Elexio Database Manager
- Technology: Oversee IT strategy and infrastructure
- Ministry Support: Participate as a Department Head in regular department heads meetings; look for ways to support individual ministry teams and the overall ministry of the church.
- Transportation: Work with Maintenance Director to provide upkeep for vehicles, oversee volunteer leader of Van Ministry.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience in the areas of budgeting and financial management
- Prior experience in supervision of staff preferred
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Address5380 Moots Run Rd
Alexandria, Ohio 43001
Contact InformationKevin Hull Phone: (740) 924-7771 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a youth minister to assist our preaching minister and eldership in leading our young people. A full job description is available upon rquest