The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – email@example.com or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jun 1, 2021
Address170 Southgate Dr.
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationKent Wagner Phone: (502) 863-9830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FULLY TIME CHILDREN’S & FAMILY PASTOR (learn more and apply online by visiting https://www.harmonychurch.cc/employment-opportunities/)
Harmony Christian Church is searching for a Children’s & Family Pastor to help us create an engaging environment to help children fall in love with Jesus and partner with their parents in their spiritual development.
This person should be a gifted leader with a heart for people
– You will have a fantastic team of over 20 amazing volunteers to lead as a part of Harmony’s Children’s and Family ministry from newborn to 5th Grade. You would be responsible for leading and continued development of this team as they do the ministry to our kids and their families.
This person should be organized and a self-starter
– Our Children’s and Family ministry relies on the person at the top having the skills to remain organized and clear-headed as they manage curriculum, supplies, cast vision for the future, engage families and so much more.
This person should be a relational magnet
– The job of the Children’s and Family Director is to be in constant contact with people, recruiting volunteers, loving on and supporting families, and interfacing with the church at large. It’s important that you have the relational intelligence to be able to read people and situations and provide care and meaningful interactions.
This person should feel an affinity and alignment with the beliefs and values of Harmony Christian Church
– Don’t go work at a church that you don’t feel you can fully get on board with. We are a church that’s on a mission to Advance the Kingdom by Living for God and Loving people. That means we are looking for someone with a like-minded heart.
Some Qualities of the Right Kind of Candidate:
- Humble (servant leadership is at the core of how we do ministry)
- Loves kids
- Has a passion to see families succeed in leading their whole family into following Jesus
- Has a track record of raising up other leaders (we are not looking for “the face to the place.”)
- Gifted at recruiting and training volunteers.
- A developer of teams and team ministry
- Passionate about God’s word
- Teachable – we are not looking for a “know-it-all”
- Relationally gifted
- Able to work within a team setting
Experience & Education:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading in family and children’s ministry in a mid-size to larger church.
A degree from a bible college is a positive but not a requirement.
Address170 Southgate Dr.
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationKent Wagner Phone: (502) 863-9830 Email: email@example.com
Address911 W 8th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45203
Contact InformationJennifer Howard Phone: (513) 304-7112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Group Associate/Intern
Position Title: Mission Group Summer Intern
Status (Full time/part time): Full Time (Seasonal/Summer)
Reports to: Cora Yates
Department: Mission Groups
As an intern for the summer of 2021 in the Mission Department you will get the opportunity to work with mission teams serving alongside BLOC. We serve anywhere from 10-15 mission teams every summer and you will get to be a part of them all. The hope is that you will gain an understanding of what we do here in Price Hill by getting hands-on experience in multiple aspects of the ministry.
- Taking care of the mission teams.
- Helping run tours and training for mission teams.
- Manage onsite projects
- Prepare for groups to arrive (buying supplies/cleaning).
- Fundraise a minimum of $300 a month for cost of living. Housing cost is covered.
- Agreement and comply with BLOC employee handbook
- Work 35+ hours a week with flexibility
Required skills and experience:
- Willingness to help where needed and learn
- Skills in dealing with conflict resolution and time management,
- Skills in project management.
If applying for an open position please email: email@example.com
Address1102 W. 700 S.
Pendleton, Indiana 46064
Weekly Attendance: 300-400
Contact InformationMike Neff, Elder Phone: (317) 420-5988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Creek Christian Church
1102 W 700 S
Pendleton, IN 46064
Fall Creek Christian Church is an independent Christian church serving the needs of all generations in Pendleton and our surrounding communities. We feature both traditional and contemporary worship services in pursuit of our mission to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our plan to achieve this mission is three-fold: we Reach Up to live in pursuit and worship of God every day, we Reach In to fellowship with, minister to, and disciple each other, and we Reach Out is to share the good news of Jesus with the world. You can learn more about Fall Creek Christian Church by visiting our website and reading our Statement of Faith.
The role of worship pastor is a full-time position responsible for creating, continually improving, and implementing a vision to lead the church in engaging worship. This includes weekly services, as well as special events and outreaches.
- Plan traditional and contemporary services with senior pastor
- Primary musical worship leader in contemporary service, with regular presence in traditional service
- Recruit, train, mentor, and provide opportunities for volunteers (singers, musicians, sound, video, announcements, communion meditation)
- Coordinate and lead rehearsals for contemporary service, while also fully supporting traditional service
- Oversee and coordinate part-time technical support staff
- Ownership and direction for live streaming of service(s)
- Ownership and direction for video production (recording, editing, publishing)
- Enable success of other ministries/community groups whenever possible, with music and tech support
- Plan all sermon series with senior minister
- Continuously participate in preaching development courses, blogs, video presentations and evaluations with senior pastor
- Progress to a preaching frequency of up to 1x/month within 1-3 years.
- Time commitment early in the role to build relationships with the entire church family is critical to success. Actively supporting seniors, women’s, men’s, kids and teens events is needed.
- Be present at church events
- Active participation in Life group(s)
Graduate of an independent Christian Church/Churches of Christ-affiliated/Restoration Movement college or university.
- Jesus first, family second, ministry third
- Love everybody always.
- Love never makes a promise it doesn’t keep.
- Love never asks from someone before it knows and gives to someone first.
- Love finds a way to say “Yes.”
- Love is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
- Love respects a person’s “No.”
- Love seeks to serve not to be served.
- Love is humble, kind, respectful, and teachable at all times.
- Love works hard to make others successful.
- Love is available even when it’s inconvenient.
- Love respects that all change, big or small, is a process not a decision. (People get down on what they are not up on.)
- Love works harder and longer than anyone else.
- Love always takes responsibility.
- Love is not arrogant or patronizing.
- Love is real, never acting fake.
- Love always encourages.
Posted: May 26, 2021
Address1507 Highway Z
Wentzville, Missouri 63385
Weekly Attendance: 750 pre-Covid; 600 post-Covid
Contact InformationRandy Diebel Phone: (636) 327-6622 Email: email@example.com
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Wentzville Christian Church, located in Wentzville, MO, is looking for a highly relational, biblically grounded individual to lead our Early Childhood ministry (Birth-Pre-K). You would find yourself to be a great fit on our team if you would call yourself a humble learner, an eager collaborator, a creative problem solver, and a willing disciple and disciple-maker. Our team is authentic with each other and our congregation and we do not take ourselves too seriously. What we do take seriously is our goal to see a passion ignited in those we lead as they grow in their relationship with Jesus.
YOUR NEW CHURCH FAMILY
As you arrive at WCC for the first time, you will meet many friendly faces looking to greet you. There will be conversations happening all over our lobby with a wide range of ages represented, from young families to practicing grandparents. It will be a casually dressed group that is sharing in laughter and prayer. It is also a group of people that tend to be very busy between work, family life, and hobbies, but also very generous with their finances, skills, and time. It is a group that enjoys each other and enjoys when others join the group as well!
As a staff member at WCC, there is an expectation that you are growing in your relationship with Jesus while also working hard as you serve in your ministry. Our staff is active in the main worship service, involved in Life Groups and serving opportunities, and accountable to each other for both our competence and character. Our lifestyle is expected to match our teaching and job expectations.
A major component of your position will be volunteer management. You will be expected to recruit, train, and sustain volunteers for both Sunday morning programming and other events as needed. These people will be your team and you will want to develop them and invest in them as they are investing in the kids. Having a well-supported, prepared, and connected team will greatly enhance your ministry and help make a Kingdom impact.
We also want our Early Childhood Minister to work closely with our NextGen team to develop weekly programming and events that will intentionally shepherd and disciple both the kids and parents in this ministry. Your programming has a direct impact on our mission of igniting a passion for Jesus, the Bible, the Church, and Others. We also believe it is vital to communicate well to the families and volunteers in this ministry as well as evaluate what is being done to continually be looking at what is new, improved, or improving in your ministry area.
Our last major component of this role is partnership. First, you will need to partner with the parents and families in your ministry to be a great resource and support to families as they raise their children. We want our families to look at you as someone who will support, encourage, and equip them to help them raise children who love Jesus. We also want you to partner heavily with our Preschool Director to make a connection with the families of our Preschool. These families are primed to get more involved at WCC and we want your relationship with them to help make that happen. We want them to see a familiar face when they come on a Sunday rather than just during the week. Finally, we want you to have a good partnership with the rest of the staff as we look to lead WCC together. You will share in pastoral care, budgeting, and other ministry responsibilities that work better as a team. You will be a key cog in the efforts of Kingdom work done here and we are not looking for you to be a lone ranger.
For more information, please take a look at the Job Description here to see more details and visit wentzvillecc.org to get a better feel for who we are. We want you to be successful from day one and want you to know what the expectations are to have that success.
To apply, please submit your resume and references to our Connections Minister, Randy Diebel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: May 25, 2021
Address115 North Walnut Street
Assumption, Illinois 62510
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationJim Howse Phone: (217) 226-3620 Email: email@example.com
The Assumption Christian Church is looking to hire a full time preaching minister. Assumption is a small town farming community located 60 miles southeast of Lincoln Christian University and Seminary. A parsonage is provided. Send a full resume with a picture to the church or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Jim Howse 217-226-3620.
Posted: May 24, 2021
Address4100 S. Manhattan Ave
Tampa, Florida 33611
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationSteve Kiefer Phone: (707) 688-5424 Fax: (813) 831-1323 Email: email@example.com
Title: Creative Arts Lead
Status: Full-time position
Compensation: Competitive salary
Role: Besides the ability to know, sing and play music, the Creative Arts Lead will work within the vision of NBCC in crafting and leading relevant, engaging and excellent weekly corporate worship opportunities. This role will have direct authority and oversight over the audio-visual team and graphic arts ministry, and requires related technical knowledge as well as the ability to recruit, train and lead supporting teams and leaders.
Reports directly to the Senior Pastor
Attend church-wide gatherings and bible studies
Attend and actively participate in weekly staff meetings
Actively participate in the life of the church through relationship-making/building, tithing and event & outreach participation
Select, teach and lead worship music for services, funerals and special gatherings
Promote recruiting opportunities, lead auditions and training/rehearsing for worship services
Meet with key leaders weekly and as needed to maximize communication and coordination, providing necessary information to them readily
Provide direct pastoral care to teammates and support their spiritual maturity and musical/technical competence and growth
Must be a Christian who loves God’s glory above all else and who possesses the fruit of a mature and growing relationship with Christ
Must be a disciplined self-starter
Must be someone able to take new responsibilities and receive guidance and correction if necessary
Must deeply love Christ’s local church and the unique variety of individuals who comprise it
The Win: Continuously facilitating creative and relevant worship that highlights the glory of God, that magnifies the name and person of Jesus, that is Spirit-led and infused, and exhilarates the heart of the worshiper.
We are looking for a visionary…someone that is not focused on what things are now, but who can see and understand that they have a blank slate and our full support to dream big and execute those dreams. Lastly, we are fun! We care about our team and enjoy doing life together.
Three professional references requested
Address301 E. Wabash Street
Converse, Indiana 46919
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationBethany Tinkel Phone: (765) 395-3361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Converse Church of Christ (C3) is seeking a Student Minister to meet the needs of students grades 7-12. C3 is a multi-generational rural church that averages 500-600 in weekend attendance. While the church has a long and rich history, the spirit and community here are youthful and driven by our young adults, college students, and young families. We firmly believe one of the best ways to be the Church God intended, both on a local and global level, is to place a strong emphasis on the spiritual development of our young people. In light of this belief, we have long valued student ministry here at C3. An individual looking to step into this role of Student Minister should endeavor to help our junior high and high school students consistently and increasingly encounter the risen Lord in all areas of their lives, to effectively equip and empower a passionate group of volunteers, and patiently interface and communicate with parents to meet their needs. This individual would also partner with other C3 staff members to ensure an emphasis on effectively empowering parents to minister well to their children. If this new opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Please see the C3 website (www.conversechurch.org) for a more detailed list of job responsibilities and application information.”
Address5 Morris Rd
Arden, North Carolina 28742
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationFrank Harrison Phone: (828) 458-3119 Email: email@example.com
Correction, please. I just submitted and opening but failed to remove the worship Leader portion. We desire Youth minister only. Please revise as follows. Thank you
Oak Grove Christian Church in Arden, NC seeks part time or full time youth minister to establish and grow our youth ministry. Candidate should be outgoing, willing to go into our community and local schools to develop relationships to draw youth to the youth ministry. Candidate must have high moral integrity, be a self-starter, and model Christ-like living to our youth. Must be well grounded in the Biblical plan of salvation and be able to share that with youth of all ages. Will serve under the leadership of the senior minister, Archie Gilmer. Salary negotiable but typical initial annual cash salary of $25,000 plus rent free use of the furnished parsonage which provides total starting annual compensation equivalent to ~$35,000. Oak Grove Christian is a congregation of about 55 in morning worship, with 6-8 youth of various ages. We will consider a part time position if a candidate meets the other qualifications, and we will consider a part time, weekend candidate that is a junior or senior at a Bible College/Christian University within reasonable driving distance, and meets the other criteria. Part time compensation negotiable. Email resumes and a photo to Frank Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to PO Box 715, Horse Shoe, NC 28742. If desire to call with initial questions, please call Frank Harrison 828-458-3119 or Archie Gilmer, Minister, at 828-691-1053.
Posted: May 20, 2021
Address578 Northridge Road
Circleville, Ohio 43113
Contact InformationMichael Cottle Phone: (740) 474-7813 Email: email@example.com
Northridge Church of Christ is seeking a part time children’s minister approximately 20 hours per week. This position will provide leadership over activities and programs focusing on the spiritual growth and development of elementary-age children.
The Children’s Minister at Northridge Church of Christ partners with volunteers and families to raise up children to Love God, Love People and Serve the World.
What this looks like:
The Children’s Minister will equip volunteers and volunteer teams to do the work of Children’s Ministry. Examples of this are: Sunday morning programming, community outreach opportunities, intensive discipleship focuses (such camps, conferences and VBS), and providing resources to aid in the spiritual development of children and families.
The primary responsibility of this position is leading children and their families to Jesus Christ by developing volunteers and partnering with them. This position is not just about coordinating and implementing children’s programming, but also inviting, training and empowering volunteers to provide leadership within this area of ministry.
The right person for this position:
The candidate will be highly relational, and fit well with the chemistry of our already established staff and teams. They will be a believer with an entrepreneurial spirit who has been baptized by immersion. They will exemplify a maturing relationship with Christ. They will be theologically aligned with the mission, vision and values of Northridge Church of Christ and have a passion for spiritual growth in themselves and others. We desire for this ministry opportunity to transition to full time, and hope any candidate would be open to that possibility.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
If you feel like you may be a fit at Northridge, please include:
- Personal Statement of Faith
- If you have experiences recruiting and training volunteers, please highlight them.
- Let us know about areas of involvement in ministry outside of children’s ministry.
Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 19, 2021
Address3854 Race Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationNathan Hardesty Phone: (513) 574-1111 Email: email@example.com
Job Title: Worship Minister
Overview: Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Bridgetown Church of Christ in the areas of worship and production arts, including worship service support ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of the church.
Opportunity Profile: Bridgetown Church of Christ (BCC) began in 1933. Over the past 85 years, the church has navigated many changes to fulfill its mission: BCC exists to love our community and invite them into a life-changing relationship with Jesus. In 2013, they renovated their existing building and added on a new atrium to make the church more welcoming to guests and to solidify their commitment to the community. In 2018, they paid off all debt from the renovations and cultivated connections with local school districts. They have a committed, talented staff that work together as a team and are supported by amazing volunteers.
Over the past two years, BCC has made significant changes to its worship service. Each week, there is a continuing effort to create a worship environment and experience that is appealing and engaging, with content that is helpful and relevant. Updated sound and lighting components, as well as a new video-production system, including live streaming, are being effectively utilized to advance BCC ministry. They are focused on reaching young families with children, which has yielded many positive results. Of the people in attendance on an average Sunday morning, one-third are birth through fifth grade. The junior and senior high students participate in corporate worship and have become the focus of BCC’s elders.
BCC partners are dedicated, down-to-earth, and friendly. The church focuses on small groups, weekly service opportunities, and excellence in Sunday morning programming. The church community is predominately middle to low income and is becoming increasingly racially and ethnically diverse. Many of the homes within two miles of the church were built in the 1950s and 60s still with their original owners. As these homes turn over, more and more young, diverse families are moving into the community. This gives BCC a tremendous opportunity to cultivate a thriving worship experience.
- Spiritually build and lead the Worship and Production Arts ministry teams (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower leaders to be a part of the Worship & Production Arts ministry teams.
- Lead worship with passion, energy, and life.
- Develop multiple worship leaders. Though not always the primary worship leader, lead worship at least two times a month, on strategic Sundays and special events.
- Plan the corporate worship service(s) in consultation with the Senior Minister.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate an effective, engaging worship experience and excellence in programming.
- Coordinate all instrumentalists, vocalists and production arts team members.
- Oversee song selection and media preparation, setup and presentation including audio, video and lighting enhancements.
- Lead the Creative Planning Team.
- Participate in Lead Team meetings.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship and production arts ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Oversee the Prayer Team, Community Life Team, Café Team, Security Team and Gateway Team. These teams all have key lay leaders and play an important role in the worship experience.
- Oversee communication in connection to social media/marketing.
- Create and maintain relationships with other worship and production arts ministers to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the BCC worship experience.
- When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Minister.
- At least 2 years of proven experience building and leading worship and production arts ministry teams.
- Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his sphere of influence.
- Participate in the life of the church.
- Be loyal to the mission, vision and staff of Bridgetown Church of Christ and always protect the unity of the church.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation, as well as the worship and production arts ministry team members.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not required.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship including audio, video, and lighting.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- A self-starter.
- A multi-tasking team player with a positive attitude, high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
All interested and qualified candidates must complete and submit an employment application, cover letter and resume to the below mailing (or email) address. Supportive media (video, social media, etc.) is a plus.
Bridgetown Church of Christ
attn: Nathan Hardesty, Senior Minister
AddressPO Box 819
Edgerton, Ohio 43517
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationRon Thorp Phone: (419) 298-2654 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Samuel, looking for the next king to replace Saul, did not grow weary in the search; he drew closer to God. As Jesse brought his sons before Samuel, he allowed God to speak to him, desiring to follow God’s lead and not what may have been perceived as the obvious choice. God looks at a man’s heart and not what the external had presented. Samuel, following God’s desires, selected the right man to be the next king.
We have had good candidates show interest in our small congregation, and it would have been easy to pick any one of them, but it just did not seem to be the direction God was leading them or us. So, we find ourselves still leaning on God to reveal the right man for us just as He did for Samuel as recorded in 1 Samuel 16.
Are you that man?
Edgerton Church of Christ has room for and the desire to grow. We are a multi-age congregation located in Northwest Ohio. A town of 2,000 with a great school and community. Our body consists of individuals who live locally and from area communities, individuals who have joined our body in the last three years, and others who have joined our body over 70 years ago.
We have just about 50% of our adults and children alike attending Sunday school. We are blessed with a paid-off facility located on ground level. We participate in the community and support missions close and far from our building.
We are looking for the man to lead us into a closer relationship with God, one another, and the lost we encounter.
Is that individual you? If you believe so, please send your resume to the address below. Include a recorded sermon or video if possible. We are praying for you and encourage you as you seek Him and His leading as we hope you are praying for us as we avail ourselves to Him.
Pastor search committee
Edgerton Church of Christ
PO box 819
224 Laubach Dr.
Posted: May 18, 2021
Address22184 NC 125
Williamston, North Carolina 27892
Weekly Attendance: 155
Contact InformationLane Hardison Email: email@example.com
Community Christian Church is located in Williamston NC. We are in a rural/farming area. We are searching for a full time Senior Minister. Duties include preaching on Sunday and teaching Bible Study on Wednesday night. Teaching Sunday School once a month. Visiting the sick. We are looking for someone biblical sound.
Please send your resume and a link to a sermon video (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address919 30th Street
Ames, Iowa 50010
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationLIssy Pixley Phone: (515) 451-1913 Email: email@example.com
North Grand is seeking a self-motivated, energetic individual for a full time Associate Minister position. This person will lead efforts in ministry to our families and youth, as well as outreach to the Ames community. The associate minister will be directly involved with training and leading volunteers in these same ministry areas. Opportunities exist within this position to exercise creativity and initiative to impact the congregation and the Ames community in the mission of Connecting people to Christ and His Community.
Application requirements and process summary:
A Bachelor’s degree in ministry or similar degree
Previous experience leading a ministry
Passion for servant leadership
A heart for team ministry
A desire for being involved in the local community
The ability to self-manage time and responsibilities
A proficiency with basic office softwares, streaming services, and social media platforms
Complete the Associate Minister application form at the link below. The application form includes questions about your education and experience, ministry and philosophy, and doctrine. Also within the application form please attach your resume, and a short video introducing yourself.