The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 6, 2020
Address258 GYPSY HEIGHTS ROAD
RONCEVERTE, West Virginia 24970
Weekly Attendance: 40-50
Contact InformationHELEN HURD Phone: (304) 647-4465 Email: email@example.com
Seeking a full time Minister to shepherd a multi-generational Church. Good preaching, teaching and counseling abilities needed. Should preach and teach the basic fundamentals of the Restoration Movement. This position is available immediately.
Address302 east pike street
cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 85-100
Contact InformationTed Beam Phone: (270) 849-7923 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church in Cynthiana, Kentucky is looking to hire a part time Youth Pastor. Education requirements are a high school diploma or GED and at least 60 college credit hours. We are looking for a professing Christian who loves Jesus and loves teenagers. Please contact Dr. Ted Beam at email@example.com for an application. Applications and resumes will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. February 14, 2020. Experience preferred but not required.
Posted: Dec 31, 2019
Address1631 U.S. 127 Bypass South
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky 40342
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationJonathan Gleason Phone: (502) 598-3114 Email: Jonathan@accbethechurch.com
Title: Children’s Director (Part-time with the goal of becoming full-time)
Reports to: Senior Minister
Create a safe engaging environment where children discover God’s love, community with adults / peers and live a purposeful life in Christ.
Skills & Abilities:
- Committed and growing faith in Christ.
- Connect, relate and build strong relationships with all ages in order to teach, shepherd and disciple.
- Create, implement and equip others to do effective ministry.
- Vision, creativity, and innovation.
- Experienced at coaching/developing volunteers.
- A proven leader in church ministry, corporate or public roles.
- A team player capable of fostering relational influence.
- Create a dynamic ministry environment where children are excited to go to church and live their lives as Jesus modeled.
- Oversee children’s ministry from birth through fifth grade.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for both our Sunday morning and Wednesday night gatherings.
- Select and implement quality teaching / curriculum.
- Encourage, equip and empower parents to be their children’s primary discipler.
- Plan and coordinate events related to Camp Calvary, CIY Superstart and other events that engage children and their families.
- Oversee, manage and make purchases related to the children’s ministry budget.
- As the position moves from part-time to full time, it would be expected that the weekly Beach Club outreach to Saffell St. Elementary, the annual Trunk-a-palooza event and other responsibilities would fall under the Children’s Director’s job description.
***** To apply email Jonathan@accbethechurch.com – Please include resume.
Posted: Dec 30, 2019
Address1055 Westgate Drive
St Paul, Minnesota 55114
Weekly Attendance: 22,000
Contact InformationYouthWorks Recruiting Phone: (877) 249-9904 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable, and willing to grow in all areas.
Facilitate ministry experiences while you provide authentic leadership. Manage the overall operations and programming of a site, while assisting with daily service and ministry projects. Supervise, encourage and coach a minimum of three Site Coordinators. Provide leadership for Adult Leaders and help them process their mission week. Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community. Oversee finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Play an important role in connecting teenagers to God, each other and communities.
- Lead morning devotions
- Participate in evening programming and worship
- Facilitate a team of students in meal preparation
- Engage throughout the day with churches, including youth and Adult Leaders
- Engage in respectful service and regularly communicate with community partners
- Site preparations including inventory, shopping and confirming service schedules
- College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Management experience/ability
- Must meet our driving requirements of being 20 years of age or older during YouthWorks summer dates and have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
$4,250 + food/gas/housing
Dates of Employment
The dates for full-summer employment for Site Directors are May 20th -August 5th, 2020.
For more information or to apply please visit our website https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Address114 E US 6 Frontage Rd
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationJole Davis Phone: (219) 405-8538 Email: email@example.com
Looking for a full-time Student Minister.
This is an opportunity at a growing church in a growing community.
Looking for someone who has the ability to:
Understand today’s generation
lead and grow workers and continue to grow and improve their personal faith.
communicate well and work as a team with other staff
develop programming that builds faith.
To do outreach
This is an opportunity to:
Grow a program
Build a college age ministry
Work in a college town
Work with experienced staff
Work in a NW IN community just outside Chicago
Posted: Dec 27, 2019
Address3102 Six Mile Road
Maryville, Tennessee 37803
Weekly Attendance: 55
Contact InformationDavid Boruff Phone: (865) 228-2980 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Description Mountain View Church of Christ (Christian & Instrumental) is seeking a full-time minister to preach and teach the Word of God to our local congregation and community.
Prepare weekly sermon and presentation
Be available for counseling and/or consultation with the congregation
Provide pastoral care and encourage members of the congregation by visiting the sick in their homes or at the hospital
Interact with the congregation by maintaining office hours at the church
Spend time in prayer for our nation, state, community, and congregation
Lead and teach small Bible Study groups Counsel the congregation in service and
Espouse a positive interaction with our community evangelism Prepare weekly Bulletins and Announcements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities The ideal candidate should be doctrinally sound in the restoration movement of the Christian Churches/Church of Christ. In addition, he should be friendly, outgoing, and have good written and verbal communication skills. A plus would be having a musical inclination and/or a family with musical abilities, and computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Education A four-year degree in Bible/Preaching/Teaching is required from an accredited university.
Experience A minimum of one to two years of pulpit experience is required. Five plus years of pulpit experience is preferred. Interim preaching experience will be considered.
About Mountain View Church of Christ (MVCC) Founded in 1906, Mountain View Church of Christ (MVCC) celebrated its centennial anniversary in 2006. MVCC is located in south Blount County near Maryville, Tennessee serving the Six Mile Community; and supporting missionaries throughout the world.
Posted: Dec 26, 2019
Address23000 Clinton Rd.
Paris, Illinois 61944
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationState Line Christian Church Phone: (217) 466-1465 Email: email@example.com
A complete position description can be found on our website at: statelinechristianchurch.com
Posted: Dec 21, 2019
Seaman, Ohio 45679
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationDavid Jackson Phone: (937) 386-2159 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaman Church of Christ is a small congregation in a rural village located about 75 miles from Cincinnati off of State Route 32. We are looking for an enthusiastic man that can relate to all age groups and loves to bring others to Christ through preaching, teaching, and visitation.
The successful candidate needs the following qualifications:
Education Level- a minimum of four years from an accredited Restoration Movement Bible College or Seminary, equivalent experience will be considered
Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and nurtures his inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God in prayer and Bible study
Possesses high morals with integrity with competence in organization and interpersonal relationships
Excels in effective oral and written communications with an ability to meet the needs of a broad-based congregation
The position is full time – 40 hours per week
Set office hours, but also be involved with members and community whenever possible
Willing to work under the supervision of the Elders
Sunday morning and evening preaching at weekly service. Lead Wednesday evening Prayer and Bible Studies.
Be involved in community and ministry with local churches and organizations.
Work with Leadership in the organizational structure of the church’s ministries.
Teach a Sunday School/VBS Class as needed.
Build a Youth Ministry for Seaman Church of Christ as one of the focal points of the church.
Train and teach leadership to prospective and current leaders of the church.
Visit the members and their families as needs arise.
Spend time building church attendance by inviting and teaching.
Be involved in activities of the church.
A more detailed list of duties may be requested.
Please send resumes to SeamanCofCResumes@gmail.com or David Jackson at 1680 Old State Route 32, Peebles, OH 45660.
Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Address6900 Market Ave N
Canton, Ohio 44721
Weekly Attendance: 1800
Contact InformationSeth Heller Phone: (330) 456-2600 Email: email@example.com
First Christian Church is passionate about reaching out to our community with unconditional love to tell them that Jesus is for them, to invite them to follow Him, and to encourage and help them grow in their faith. Our staff team is made up of men and women who love Jesus, love people, and love the
church! We are looking for someone to join our team as Tech Director to help create excellent creative environments for people to meet Jesus, connect to the church, and grow in their faith!
• A mature, growing follower of Jesus
• A self-starter who thrives on a team
• Hard-working but love to have fun
• A motivating team-builder
• Administratively and organizationally gifted
• Committed to excellence personally and professionally
• Humble and servant-hearted
• Carry FCC’s vision and strategy to the church through the weekend services.
• Maintain alignment of FCC’s mission, vision, values, culture, strategy, operating procedures and policies within your area of ministry oversight.
• Function as the technical “quality manager”, taking responsibility for how things look and feel and striving for excellence in all technical aspects of the weekend service.
• Champion the weekend worship experience from a technical aspect: providing leadership and oversight to all system support (A/V/L) including equipment operation and maintenance; serving as the Service Production Director ensuring all technical elements are in place and that volunteers
are equipped and engaged; filling roles like front-of-house audio or other positions when volunteers are not available or as-needed otherwise.
• Develop a great team by recruiting, training, scheduling, and leading volunteers for service production, events, weddings, and funerals, etc.; providing basic training to other ministries’ volunteers for recurring events (for example, children’s ministry, student ministry, etc.); prepare
volunteers for leadership and then release ministry to them so they can truly lead; provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the wellbeing of your team of volunteers.
• Be part of the Creative Team, designing and executing creative elements for worship services.
• Provide technical support for events outside of weekend services.
• Attend weekly all-staff meetings and service programming meetings; bi-weekly Pastors/Directors meetings; Creative Team meetings as scheduled; other meetings as directed.
• Meet all First Christian Church partnership requirements.
You’ll love working at FCC if:
• You love to dream big, work hard, have fun, and make a difference
• You care about your teammates and want your teammates to care about you
• You’re a self-starter and can lead creatively and conscientiously
• You know that teams function best when others come first
• You naturally and lovingly serve those around you
Your work schedule will be:
• 40+ hours/week, Sunday-Thursday with regular weekend and evening responsibilities.
Want to throw your hat in the ring? Email your cover letter and resume with references in PDF format to Worship Arts Pastor Seth Heller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Address8030 East 600 South
Wolcottivlle, Indiana 46795
Weekly Attendance: 275
Contact InformationBrian Walter Phone: (260) 242-0029 Email: email@example.com
Job Description: ASSOCIATE MINISTER
Students, Families, Young Adults, & Education
I. General Description
The Connections Minister is the minister and administrator of the South Milford Church of Christ student, family, and young adult ministries & education.
Principle Function: Students
Responsible for the organization and development of the high school student ministry.
Principle Function: Families
Responsible for the organization and development of discipleship ministries geared towards marriage, men’s groups, and women’s groups. Will work cooperatively with and as a resource for the senior minster and children’s minister.
Principle Function: Young Adults
Responsible for the organization and development of the young adult ministry.
Principle Function: Education
Responsible for the organization and development of small groups, high school and adult Sunday school, and prayer groups. Will work cooperatively with and as a resource for the senior minster and children’s minister.
1. Cooperate with elders, deacons, and staff in promoting the entire ministry of SMCC.
2. Be involved in leading ministry opportunities away from SMCC.
3. Participate in special programs at SMCC.
4. Support the ministry of SMCC by practicing the biblical model of stewardship of time, talents, and finances.
5. Budgetary responsibility for the student, family, young adult, and education programs; oversight of spending and expense reporting as defined by leadership.
6. Promoting and publicizing all student, family, young adult, and education activities and events in conjunction with the staff and other committees.
7. Ensuring that all safety measures and legal liabilities are met during all activities.
8. Other duties as assigned by senior minister and the elders (ex: preaching, calling, funerals, weddings, visitation, etc.)
Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Address400 Ackerly Street
Mccomb, Ohio 45858
Contact InformationJeff Fuller Phone: (419) 293-3633 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate / Youth Minister Position: Our Youth Minister, of 7 years, has moved to be closer with family. The former minister has built an incredibly vibrant program and has left the department in very good condition with ministry teams in place. We also have a interim minister who will see us through the transition period. As a candidate progresses through the process, we will provide access to the former Youth Minister and the interim minister to help our candidate better understand the Church and this valued position.
As God draws a person to this position, we are willing to build around an individuals strengths and weaknesses. Pay will be based upon experience, education, and ability. We are also willing to work with a Bible college student who desires to serve in a part time capacity as they finish school.
Accountability: This administrative position is responsible for ages birth through college. You will report directly to the Senior Pastor, and will attend monthly Elder’s meetings with a report on progress, challenges, and plans.
Position Requirements: Must possess a deep love, commitment and passion for Jesus Christ, His Church, the Bible, and the fulfillment of the great commission. We are looking for a person who possesses or is working toward a Bible or ministry degree. You must be able to pass a background and credit check. To help us get to know you better, we would also like for you to take a personality test of our choosing.
This person must be able to: lead teams, organize themselves and their department, replicate leaders, be incredibly flexible and adaptive, be relational, teach relevant messages, love and work well with others who are different than yourself, thrive under pressure, communicate clearly, learn from mistakes, manage budgets and deadlines.
We are not looking for a person who heroically has all the graces to personally accomplish everything that is given to their care. Rather, we are looking for a person who is able to recognize, coach, and utilize the many talents of others around them; all for the purpose of equipping God’s saints for service.
If this position has peeked your interest and you want to inquire more, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Address5515 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationKasey Newbold Phone: (317) 509-5653 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mosaic Church is seeking a part time worship leader to work with an amazing group of musicians and other volunteers in leading our community to worship fully. For more details please visit indymosaic.org/worship-minister-part-time/
Address20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, Pennsylvania 17744
Contact InformationLycoming Christian Church Email: email@example.com
Full Time Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults
Lycoming Christian Church in Linden, PA (suburb of Williamsport) is seeking a Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults. The goal of the ministry would be to oversee, develop, and expand programs for children, youth, and young adults as well as train leader volunteers.
To receive an application and information packet, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or a request letter to:
Lycoming Christian Church
Attn: Bonnie Williams
20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, PA 17744
The application deadline is June 30, 2020.
Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Address6300 Price Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Weekly Attendance: 850+
Contact InformationCharles Cline Phone: (513) 677-7600 Email: email@example.com
River Hills Christian Church is looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry to join our excellent staff and help accomplish our purpose of connecting people to God and each other.
What do we value?
- We seek to honor him in our daily lives as we follow his teachings.
- We believe the best about our fellow staff members and always have one another’s best interest at heart. We are family.
- Jesus deserves our best. We do our jobs well.
- We are generous with our church in our time, our resources and our knowledge.
- Our attitude of gratitude creates a positive workplace culture.
- We offer valuable training in our staff meetings and at various conferences. The more we grow the greater our impact for Jesus in the church and in our world.
- We have fun together! Staff fun days give us a chance to connect and enjoy each other.
Who are we looking for? Someone who…
- Loves Jesus and honors him.
- Welcomes children and their families warmly.
- Loves children and has a passion to see that they know, trust and follow Jesus.
- Will encourage, train and support families.
- Is organized with their time, workspace and workload.
- Has the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Can recruit, schedule, and equip a team of volunteers.
- Is outgoing, fun, and happy with a positive sense of humor.
- Has the ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Children’s Ministry.
What does the job entail?
- Oversight of birth through 6th grade
- Weekly lesson planning and preparation
- Weekly communication with parents
- Weekly follow-up with first time guests
- Creating an energetic, fun environment on Sunday where children connect with Jesus and each other
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling a volunteer team
- Creating a secure environment for our children
- Quarterly special events
Please answer the following questions with your resume:
- Describe your personal relationship with Jesus.
- Describe an energetic, fun environment from your perspective.
- Define your plan to identify, recruit and equip a team of volunteers?
Please send your resume to Contact@riverhillscc.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Address3365 Georgetown Road
Owenton, Kentucky 40359
Weekly Attendance: 32
Contact InformationCarolyn Cobb Phone: (502) 750-2271 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a friendly, outgoing, people person who wants to minister as well as preach. Someone with leadership skills. Must have sound biblical doctrine that alines with the Restoration Movement. We are located in a friendly rural community. We want someone who wants to live in and become a part of our community. A parsonage is provided.