The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 6, 2018
Address3205 Gum Lick Road
Falmouth, Kentucky 41040
Weekly Attendance: 25-30
Contact InformationSteve Jenkins Phone: (859) 322-0244 Email: email@example.com
Small church in rural Pendleton Co Ky featuring traditional worship service. We are looking for someone who can relate to people of all ages. Would prefer someone with some college. Minister is responsible for preaching Sunday A.M. and P.M. and leading the adult Sunday School class. Also the successful candidate would be from a Christian Church/Church of Christ (Restoration Movement) background. Salary is negotiable and the successful candidate would need to be bi-vocational or be able to supplement his salary. There is no housing furnished. Please submit resume to Steve Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone # is 859-322-0244.
Address3285 Keswick Rd
Keswick, Virginia 22947
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationWilliam Deane Phone: (434) 970-2276 Email: email@example.com
First Christian Church
Job Title: Pastor
Reports To: The Elders
Position Status: Full‐Time
The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and the ability to align ordained and lay staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside clergy and lay ministers. The Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities, in keeping with established church doctrine and governance.
To successfully meet the needs of our congregation, First Christian Church is seeking a man who is accessible and able to engage with people. He should have a desire to build upon the current level of spiritual activism and desire to focus on the needs of the community that we serve—locally and globally. The Pastor should be attuned to the needs of the congregation, such that he is able to adjust programs and practices when needed and develop new ways of increasing Christian maturity within the body, as the Spirit leads.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preaching and teaching: The Pastor will be the primary preacher for worship services, with attendance currently averaging about 125. The Pastor also will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship and ministry training, in coordination with other ordained and lay
- Strategic leadership and planning: The Pastor is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s The Pastor will define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders and implement the plan by:
- Coordinating/leading weekly staff meetings and other activities to clarify and execute goals and objectives.
- Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet strategic
- Staff supervision and development: The Pastor serves as director to ordained and lay staff and lay volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
- Overseeing staff training and
- Hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions after consultation and guidance from the
- Providing leadership to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
- Working with the Elders to implement salary reviews and
- Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and
- Serving as HR manager – oversee the negotiation of insurance and other benefits, conduct performance evaluations, and provide ongoing informal performance
- Administration: The Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers. He must:
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with other ordained and lay ministers in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals.
- Supervise the Office Manager and provide direction, as needed, for the effective functioning of the front office support
- Oversee development of and adherence to church policies and
Evaluation and compensation: The Pastor will file monthly reports to the Elders on ministry accomplishments and activities. The Personnel Team will conduct annually a performance evaluation and review of the compensation package. Initial compensation will be determined based on candidate’s education and experience.
Posted: May 3, 2018
Address1822 Kendall Ln
Louisville, Kentucky 40216
Weekly Attendance: 236
Contact InformationDavid Skirvin Phone: (502) 447-3336 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate should possess a degree from a Christian College/Bible College from a Restoration Movement background, and have 3+ years of ministry experience.
The candidate needs to have a deep desire to win students to Christ and teach students to be devoted followers of Christ. The candidate needs to be able to actively involve themselves in the lives of their students and families.
The candidate must have the following characteristics: Recruiter, Teacher, Outgoing, Excellent People Skills, Self-Starter, Visionary, Motivator, Organized, Evangelistic, Good Communicator, and a Team Player.
Basic Description: Plan, administer, coordinate, supervise & evaluate a comprehensive and active student ministry at Shively Christian Church. Maintain a program that will lead Students to love, live and proclaim the truth of the Gospel message in every facet of their lives. We deeply value our students at Shively Christian Church and want to see them develop a rock-solid faith in Jesus Christ. Preach 8-10 sermons a year and be available to fill in for Lead Minister if needed. Help with visitation, weddings and funerals, if needed.
All approved applicants will be asked to complete a full multi-state background check.
Check us out at www.shivelychristian.com.
Please send your contact information, a cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Address508 S. Walnut St.
Mt. Summit, Indiana 47361
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationBenjamin Brandt Phone: (765) 836-4335 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary task of the worship pastor is to design and execute Mount Summit Christian Church worship experiences in order to lead everyone who walks through our doors into a genuine encounter with Jesus. Worship Leader must provide quality musical content and leadership for Mount Summit Christian Church’s worship experiences (includes weekly services and special services and innovative new experiences).
Specific Skills Required:
– Ability to innovate, design, and execute quality worship experiences that enable all attendees to have genuine encounters with Jesus
– Keys and Lead Vocal abilities
– Ability to select and perform contemporary worship songs and traditional hymns
– Ability to lead, train, and direct worship team
– Possess solid pulse on current culture, ability to adapt to rapidly changing culture, and ability to help MSCC adapt as culture continues changing.
Posted: May 1, 2018
Address3291 N 100 E
Williamsport, Indiana 47993
Contact Informationpulpitcomm@hickmanheightscc.org Phone: (765) 764-4088 Email: email@example.com
Hickman Heights Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational rural congregation in western Indiana. It is located 30 minutes from West Lafayette, Indiana (home of Purdue University), near the Illinois state line. The church celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2012 and is active in community outreach, with a variety of area ministries. The congregation also maintains a three-bedroom parsonage that is a half-mile from the church. The church understands the need to be creative and innovative in reaching the current generation of unchurched individuals, while still holding true to the Biblical principles that have guided this church for over a century.
Currently, Hickman Heights Christian Church desires to obtain the ministerial services of a qualified individual with a foundation of strong biblical and spiritual knowledge reflected daily throughout his faith and practice. The ministerial candidate must hold a formal education from an accredited Bible college or university. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. The congregation is seeking to partner with a ministerial visionary who possesses strong professional skills in presentation, teaching, community outreach, leadership, and relationship building.
These are some of the expectations of the ministerial candidate:
- Have an on-going personal relationship with Jesus Christ and an active prayer life
- Build genuine relationships with individuals within the congregation and community
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the congregation in order to develop a shared vision of growth of the church
- Take an active role in our community through our schools and supported ministries
- See his role within the congregation as more than just a job
- Make it a priority to mentor and encourage youth as they grow to understand the role of God in their lives
- Hold members of the congregation accountable for sharing the work needed to reach those outside of the church
- Understand how to teach the Word of God in a way all can understand and apply
Additional information about the church and details about applying for this position can be found at the church’s website (hickmanheightscc.org) under the Ministerial Search tab.
Posted: Apr 30, 2018
Address2755 East Stroop Road
Kettering, Ohio 45440
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationDamon F. Reid Phone: (937) 299-1730 Fax: (937) 293-9842 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The person of interest:
– a committed disciple of Jesus, with a servant’s heart and a Christ-like spirit,
– believes the Bible is the inspired word of God and is obedient to His commands and precepts,
– teaches that the plan of salvation in the Scriptures includes faith, repentance, confession of faith in Christ, baptism for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and that faithfulness to Christ continues until death,
– is visionary, mission-focused and enthusiastic about God’s desire to redeem mankind.
The work includes:
– unconditionally loving teens and young adults to draw them to Christ,
– discipling teens and young adults, increasing their desire for God and a love for His Word,
– encouraging them to embrace the sacrifice and salvation offered by Jesus Christ for them,
– incorporating teens and young adults to serve and impact others for Christ,
– training teens and young adults to grow and have healthy interaction with their peers and confidence in their beliefs,
– coordinating activities for teens and young adults, being involved in their lives.
Address1 North Walnut Street
Roachdale, Indiana 46172
Weekly Attendance: 120+
Contact InformationAlan Zerkel Phone: (765) 522-1913 Email: email@example.com
Roachdale Christian Church (RCC) is seeking a senior minister to pastor a congregation with a weekly attendance of 120 and growing. RCC is an independent Christian church in Roachdale, Indiana and offers traditional and modern worship experiences. The town of Roachdale has a population of approximately 900 people, and is located approximately 35 miles west of the metropolitan Indianapolis area. Those who attend RCC and who are attracted to RCC primarily reside in Putnam, Montgomery, Parke, and Hendricks counties.
Qualified candidates will believe that Jesus died for our sins; He rose again and is alive today; we are saved by grace and are to repent of and confess our sins; and we are to be baptized by immersion. Qualified candidates will be personable, compassionate, even-tempered, of good character, and a shepherd, motivator and encourager; have a charismatic personality with the ability to teach and motivate; will display leadership, organizational, mentoring, communication, counseling, and management skills; and will have the passion for saving souls and nurturing others in to becoming fully developed disciples for Jesus Christ.
His preaching of God’s Holy Word will be dynamic, enthusiastic, and persuasive. Messages will be well-prepared with a good delivery. He will be a good communicator of the Gospel, and have the ability to lead worship services with excitement, energy, and the message of hope in Jesus Christ. He will also be a good citizen of the community and lead his personal life in a way that reflects positively upon his role as senior minister of RCC. He must also manage his own family well so that he can care for God’s church.
The ideal candidate will be a Bible College or Seminary graduate preferably with a ministerial degree; have a minimum of five years’ experience (preferred) as a senior minister at an Independent Christian Church; never divorced; and be willing to live within the Roachdale area in order to connect with the congregation and the community.
Cover letter, resume, and reference information may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Apr 26, 2018
Address433 Cross Road
Marion, Iowa 52302
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationHannah Stovall Phone: (713) 300-9665 Email: email@example.com
About the Organization:
Antioch Christian Church is a non-denominational church whose mission is “Leading People into a Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ.” This is accomplished by impacting families through relevant Bible teaching, celebrational worship, opportunities for serving, and relationship building. The vision of Antioch is to create a family environment through excellence in children’s, youth, and small group ministries, while encouraging all people to grow in Christ through worship, Bible study, prayer, ministry involvement and community.
About the Position:
The next Children’s Pastor of Antioch Christian Church will bear the responsibility of helping children and their families experience new life in Jesus Christ through the creation and continuation of year-round experiences in worship, learning, and service. The Children’s Pastor will serve within the expressed vision and values of Antioch Christian Church, and function as a member of the pastoral staff as directed by the church leadership team. Success in this position will be determined by:
- An authentically demonstrated passion and investment in the position of Children’s Pastor.
- A sustainably progressing and advancing Children’s Ministry.
- Efficiency in leading the volunteer demographic of the ministry with care and competency.
- Steady progression of the ministry in conjunction with the church.
What We’re Searching For:
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or university, alongside 3-5 years of related experience. The successful candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers, and the ability to develop and monitor a vibrant, creative, and attractive children’s ministry that is equally focused on family-based discipleship.
Marion is a community in which the arts are cultivated and valued. A relaxed, active lifestyle is commonplace. It is an attractive community with more than 40 parks and green spaces and home to nationally acclaimed festivals. Residents enjoy affordable housing, income that is higher than the national average, nationally renowned school districts, top 100 U.S. hospitals and a vibrant arts scene. Marion as part of the greater Cedar Rapids area offers a wide variety of entertainment venues from semi-pro football, baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, etc. The area is a known leader in aerospace and software engineering. It is home to companies such as Rockwell Collins, which provides guidance and flight systems to commercial and military aircraft including Boeing, Airbus and Air Force One. One of the nations healthiest financial and economic centers, it is also a leader in manufacturing and bioprocessing. It’s most recent national rankings include:
- One of Top 100 Best Places to Live (Livability, 2013)
- One of the Top Best Places to Retire (Livability, 2013)
- One of America’s Best Cities on the Rise (Smarter Travel, 2012)
- One of the Best Places for Affordable Homes (CNN Money, 202)
- One of the Best Places for Business & Careers (Forbes, 2012)
More information and a link to apply can be found at:
Posted: Apr 24, 2018
Address1402 Kenwood Dr.
Russell, Kentucky 41169
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationKevin Fraley Phone: (606) 836-8944 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges Christian Church is seeking to fill a full-time Worship Minister position. Bridges Christian Church is a multi-generational, Restoration Movement church in northeastern Kentucky that averages 700 to 800 in worship. Bridges believes that Worship Ministers don’t lead songs, they lead people. At Bridges worship is more than the music before a sermon. Worship happens beyond the walls of the church, every day. The responsibility of the Worship Minister is to lead the attenders and others to live their lives like the lyrics of a song, continually praising God for His love and goodness.
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Bridges Christian Church
Position Description: The worship minister will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship minister will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship minister must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship minister is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, core values and worship philosophy of Bridges Christian Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- Degree in Ministry or Music/Worship preferred, although demonstrated experience in Worship Ministry will be considered.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
- Skilled in musical direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, team building, and interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledgeable in the use of worship technology.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-motivated, results-oriented contributor.
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30, 2018. Applicants should also include their personal testimony with their resume.
Posted: Apr 23, 2018
Address3150 Tates Creek Rd
Lexington, Kentucky 40502
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationRussell Brown Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tates Creek Christian Church
HIGH SCHOOL & YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and developing High School and College-age programs and activities that will lead those involved in developing and nurturing their relationship with Jesus Christ and will create a desire to bring others to know Jesus. This position reports to the Senior Minister.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a life filled with the Fruits of the Spirit and as demonstrated by a love as defined by 1 Corinthians 13. In addition, the candidate must:
- Have a strong commitment to Christ
- Have a passion for saving the lost
- Possess the desire and ability to build personal relationships with volunteers and students
- Be Theologically sound and biblically faithful
- Possess excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
- Interpersonal, Presentation and Effective Listening
- Value a team concept of ministry
- Have high moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
- Develop and implement creative ways of reaching high school and college-age young adults for Jesus Christ.
- Desire and willingness to invest into the lives of students through in-home and campus visits, (with the permission of parents / guardians, where applicable).
- Possess the ability to build relationships and provide spiritual guidance.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to use them to effectively communicate with, volunteers, parents, students and young adults.
- Serve as staff coordinator of all high school and college-age programs, including the planning and organization of these groups according to the needs of our students.
- Recruit, equip, and train mentors to serve as volunteer leaders/teachers.
- Work with mentors in selecting appropriate curriculum, planning activities, and act as the church resource person in recommending educational materials for all high school and college-age adults.
- Develop, plan and promote relationship-building activities and Spiritual-growth retreats (i.e. CIY, Passion Conference, etc).
- Plan and provide small group activities, outreach and mission opportunities, and spiritual enrichment ministry.
- Make available counseling opportunities for high school and college students and maintain competency in crisis intervention counseling.
- Serve as a member and work in harmony with the Youth and College Ministry Teams in planning and executing youth and college-age programs and activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Children’s Minister to prepare 8th graders for the transition to the High School Ministry.
- Explore current and/or develop on-campus ministry opportunities at the University of Kentucky and Transylvania University.
- Assist in administration, teaching, preaching, hospital calling, and other ministerial duties as directed by the Senior Minister.
- To perform this job successfully, it is expected that a high school diploma and likely a college degree would be required. Specifically that education / training would be in the area of Christian ministry and likely from a school recognized by the Tates Creek Christian Church Elders. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology is vital to success in this position.
- Must be an ordained Minister or possess qualifications, character and desire to become ordained.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight-hour shift, this position may require sitting for five hours and standing or walking for three hours.
Address101 South Thorncrest
Creve Coeur, Illinois 61610
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationRyan Woodard Phone: (309) 699-8421 Email: email@example.com
See Position Guide on church website for download.
Address1350 Tallow Hill Road
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania 17202
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationJerry Timbrook Phone: (717) 709-9595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates would need to be able to serve fulltime in the following areas:
3. Serve as an elder with fellow elders to shepherd the flock
Candidates should be doctrinally sound and enjoy working with people.
Congregation was planted in 1991 and moved into their own building in 2000. Church mortgage was recently paid off 5 years early.
Address203 Virginia Ave.
Carterville, Illinois 62918
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationDon Yewell Phone: (618) 889-2321 Fax: (618) 985-6852 Email: email@example.com
Small Christian Church in growing community near John A. Logan College and Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeking Senior Minister. Church is active in the community, mission minded, and looking for growth oriented leader. Candidate’s focus will be to broaden Christ’s values within our congregation and expand those values throughout our community. Community is centrally located between Nashville, TN and St. Louis, MO and is fortunate to have of Illinois’ highest rated school districts.
Posted: Apr 20, 2018
Address15802 S Memorial Drive
Bixby, Oklahoma 74008
Weekly Attendance: 230
Contact InformationMike Scott Phone: (918) 327-4799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for a great leader, is that you? See our full job description at http://bixbychurch.org/youth-minister-job/, please submit a resume and/or letter of accomplishments to our contact email address.
Posted: Apr 17, 2018
Address315 Washington St
East Prairie, Missouri 63845
Weekly Attendance: 90
Contact InformationMYC Pastor search committee Phone: (573) 649-2193 Email: email@example.com
First Christian Church in East Prairie, MO, is seeking the right candidate for a multi-need position which includes youth and music. The well-established youth program desires someone to lead our youth in continued growth. Our blended worship service wants a strong person to lead in praise and worship. Piano skills are a plus.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the senior pastor in developing and promoting the programs of the church. A competitive financial package is being offered including a housing and medical allowance. Vacation time is included. Please visit the churches webpage – https://www.misscochurch.org/
Resumes may be sent to First Christian Church, P.O. Box 67, East Prairie, MO 63845, attention: Pastor Search Committee or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Pastor Search Committee.