The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Nov 19, 2018
Address2600 New Log LIck Rd.
Winchester, Kentucky 40391
Weekly Attendance: 40-45
Contact InformationJason Spry Phone: (859) 621-0129 Email: email@example.com
We are a rural congregation looking to continue our growth in the knowledge and understanding of God’s Word. Our current preaching minister will be leaving (on good terms) at the end of 2018.
Though we are in a rural setting, we are situated in a busy area on the Clark/Powell County line. Growth in attendance is also a prayer of ours. Certainly, the potential is there to positively impact the lives of many in the community around us by sharing Christ with them. We currently average 40-45 in attendance each Sunday morning and around 30 on Sunday evening. We are blessed with a wide variety of ages from 1-90.
We have 3 elders and 2 deacons serving the congregation at Log Lick. There are also many willing hands that help with Sunday School, VBS, maintenance and upkeep, and many other activities that go on throughout the year.
The preaching minster’s duties would be focused primarily on Sunday Morning Preaching and Sunday Evening Preaching/Bible Study. Guidance/assistance on community growth and outreach would also be appreciated.
You can find us on Facebook and see some of what we do. There you will also find a link to our website which we are currently looking at updating.
Posted: Nov 16, 2018
Address772 N. 2nd Street
Cherokee, Iowa 51012
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationNancy Nelson Phone: (712) 225-2650 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Church of Christ – Cherokee, Iowa
We are looking for a compassionate, bible based, and God called senior minister from the Restoration Movement who has the heart of a teacher to educate and motivate us toward discipleship so we can grow as a church body. This individual should be able to preach well from the pulpit as well as minister to members of the congregation who vary widely in personality and age. We want this individual to be able to be active in the community and build relationships with individuals and families looking for hope and salvation. A passion for youth ministry is a must without sacrificing the needs of older congregants. To be a productive member of our church this individual needs to demonstrate and practice effective communication skills in all forms including verbal, written and technological platforms. This is a full-time ministry position that includes a host of volunteers and one staff.
Church / Organization Information
First Church of Christ – Cherokee, Iowa
First Church of Christ is a body of Believers of the Restoration Movement who want to love one another and grow in their relationship with God.
We believe this is best accomplished when we:
– Share our Story of Faith with others
– Serve with a heart of generosity, compassion, and hospitality
– Gather to encourage, study and worship
– Devote ourselves to a life filled with prayer
– Love others just as Christ Jesus has loved us
God establishes the church and powered by the Holy Spirit so that each believer may let their light shine through service for God’s glory as we reach the lost through love, encouragement, and prayer.
Average weekly attendance is 90 – 100
To submit your application, please send or email your cover letter, resume, and references to:
First Church of Christ
772 N. 2nd
Cherokee, IA 51012
AddressPo. Box 376
Richland, Missouri 65556
Weekly Attendance: 50-80
Contact InformationBill Kincaid Phone: (573) 765-3867 Email: email@example.com
We are a small congregation in Richland, Missouri looking for a full time minister to lead and shepherd our congregation and help our church to grow. Our current minister of 12 years has been called to another ministry. Richland is a town of about 1,700 residents, in South Central Missouri, near Lake of the Ozark, Fort Leonard Wood, and Springfield. We are praying for someone with a desire to help us grow as individuals and as a congregation, a desire to lead the lost to Christ, and to lead Christians to a closer walk with Jesus. Our minister must be self-motivated, energetic, creative, and with the capacity to lead with Christ-like service. Ministry responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, preaching weekly sermons ( Sunday morning and evening), teaching Sunday school, community outreach, overseeing daily operations, pastoral visits, and helping coordinate committees, programs, and special events. This is a full-time position with salary commensurate to ability, experience and qualifications. Besides salary, the benefits package includes cell phone allowance, paid vacation, and a parsonage. A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Bible College and 3-5 years experience as a Senior Minister are preferred, but not required. The applicant must be competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships. If interested, please provide a resume with references and their contact information, as well as a link to or a recording of a recent sermon. These maybe mailed to: First Christian Church P.O. Box 376 Richland, Mo 65556, or emailed to Bill Kincaid firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional information call Bill Kincaid (573)765-3867, Jeff Sheeley (573)528-8869 or Micheal Keith (573)586-9923.
Posted: Nov 15, 2018
Address301 Trail Four, C8
Burlington, North Carolina 27215
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationJohn Nappo Phone: (252) 675-7255 Email: email@example.com
This position in a duel ministry to begin – Lead Worship on Sunday mornings in main worship gathering and then work with our teens during the week – teach bible study – plan – communicate and carry out activities with students. Meet with leaders and Pastor – Be a team player in the life of the church – Engage in the community – Grow the Kingdom
Posted: Nov 13, 2018
Address3322 E. Galen Hall Rd.
Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569
Weekly Attendance: 110
Contact InformationTracy Santee Phone: (610) 207-8677 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillside Christian Church is located in the rolling hills of Western Berks County, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. Berks County has a very diverse population of about 415,000 people. The area is famous for shopping, textiles, antiques, along with a mild seasonal climate. The church is only a few miles from Lancaster County, well-known for its Amish heritage, which has a population of about 535,000. There are almost 40 school districts in the two counties, as well as several public and private colleges.
HCC is an independent, non-denominational Christian Church in Berks County. The church currently has four Elders and the congregation consists of a mix of professional and blue-collar workers. The church is debt-free and healthy. HCC has a huge heart and partners with local, regional, and worldwide ministries as well as missionaries. Average church attendance is just over 100 people weekly.
Provides Spiritual Leadership…
Preaches the gospel and teaches the bible.
Oversees worship services through writing and presenting one weekly sermon at Sunday service.
Encourages stewardship. Leads members to love and trust God.
Leads members to love one another and their neighbors.
Establishes vision and goals.
Provides Pastoral Leadership…
Builds purposeful relationships with members.
Ensures the sick, shut-ins, and incarcerated are kept connected through contacts with the church people, caring acts, and ongoing communication.
Conducts funerals and weddings.
Counsels members and others during times of crisis or change.
Provides Outreach Leadership…
Teaches and trains people in basic evangelism.
Develops a culture and atmosphere open to those outside the faith.
Motivates members to invite others and participate in spiritual conversations.
Oversees events, sermon series, and special services that can be connection points to outsiders.
Lifts the vision of the church to include community, regional and worldwide missions.
Provides Administrative Support…
Participates in choosing and training Elders and servant-leaders for the church.
Meets regularly with and cooperates with Elders in oversight of the church.
Works with congregational leaders to develop functional framework of service within and through the church.
• Has sound Bible knowledge and accepts our Doctrine (go to www.hillsidepa.org).
• Good teacher. Able to inspire members to serve, share faith, and grow to live out our Great Commission!
• Deals well with conflict. Able to mediate situations and resolve communication issues among members.
• Charismatic and outgoing personality. Has a humble spirit and genuinely loves people!
• Interacts and connects well with teenagers and youth.
• Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Aligns with our unique culture and vision of growing without stifling or interrupting our sense of community.
• Has a collaborative and team approach. Able to work with elders, staff, and members as He shepherds.
• Ability to comprehend and successfully promote Discipleship.
• Understands the small church dynamic with limited staff and resources. Willing to “wear multiple hats.”
• Bible College graduate.
• 10 years of experience serving in roles such as Pastor, Associate Pastor, and/or Youth Minster. (Willing to consider other applicants.)
• Has a stable and solid work history. Is highly regarded for contributions at previous churches.
Address1338 Bristol Highway
Elizabethton, Tennessee 37643
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationScott Fisher Phone: (352) 219-5017 Email: email@example.com
Borderview Christian Church in is searching for a Full-Time Youth Minister to work with the Senior Minister, and our board of Elders and Deacons to fulfill the Great Commission here in Elizabethton, Tennessee. We are looking for someone with a passion for teaching and preaching God’s Word, and an ability to relate God’s Word to the Church focusing on Children and Youth. We are looking for someone who can preach for the Senior Minister while away, so we want someone strong in the Christian Church Restoration Movement. Salary is competitive for qualified applicants and a parsonage is available as part of the benefits offered. Please send resumes, sample sermons, and any additional information you would like for us to know to:
Borderview Christian Church
Attn: Search Team
1338 Bristol Highway
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Or you can email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Minister Job Description
- Work with and coordinate programs with the Youth and Children’s Committee.
- Meet with sponsors on a regular basis (monthly) for training, review, evaluation, and planning of programs and activities for youth and children.
- Serve on the Education, Youth and Children’s Committees.
- Prepare an informal report for monthly Board Meetings and keep board members informed about programs, problems, and needs. If necessary, come and present any new programs and/or special requests.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Minister to coordinate youth and children’s programs with the overall programs of the church.
- Areas of oversight will include Children/Jr.-Sr. High Sunday School, Sunday Morning Children’s Worship, Sunday PM Youth programming and Wednesday PM Youth and Children’s programming.
- Visit area schools and homes of students in the youth, in prospects homes, and have a regular presence at Keenburg School (Grades K-8) and Elizabethton High School, if permitted.
- Be responsible for reporting expenses regarding to Children / Youth activities and properly archiving receipts for the treasurer.
Posted: Nov 12, 2018
Address901 West Beacon Road
Lakeland, Florida 33803
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationSteve Newland Phone: (765) 720-9797 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a student minister who will give leadership to our whole next generation team (Nursery-High School). The main focus of this individual will be the Middle School/High School ministry. This position will also help oversee part-time ministry coordinators for our children’s ministries. (The part-time elementary position is also posted). We are looking for a solid team player who has a heart for students, good organizational and communication skills, and a passion for reaching our community.