The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 12, 2018
Address5320 W. 23rd St.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55416
Contact InformationAaron Nosich Phone: (877) 249-9904 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YouthWorks is a multi-denominational Christian, nonprofit organization that exists to connect teenagers to God, each other and communities through life-changing, Christ-centered mission trips. As 25,000 people take part in service this summer at over 60 communities, we need college and post-college-age staff to be on the front lines leading this ministry on each of our sites. In the midst of managing around 65 students and adult leaders on a mission trip each week, our staff teams cultivate relationships, develop their leadership skills and deepen their faith. All of our ministry positions are paid. For more information, see our website: https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
YouthWorks offers several types of summer staff positions/internships. Although each team member shares many of the same job responsibilities, unique areas of leadership and skills define each position. All summer staff receive their community information and are trained at the beginning of the summer. For example, YouthWorks does not expect all Work Projects Coordinators to know how to teach every aspect of home painting prior to being hired. The main thing we ask is that you would be willing to learn.
Staff work together to create a spiritually focused and servant-centered mission site. All staff participate in evening programming in a leadership capacity and interact with youth at every opportunity. Other responsibilities include building relationships with community members, coordinating one meal a day, and having a weekly check-in time with your supervisor. Staff must be flexible, teachable and willing to grow in all areas.
Gain tangible leadership and management skills while facilitating ministry experiences. Mentor and supervise 3-4 Site Coordinators. Assist with daily service and ministry projects. Manage finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site. Provide leadership for adult leaders and help them process their mission week as they experience it alongside their youth. Develop lifelong friendships with community members.
- College graduate or of post-college age
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Management experience/ability
- Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
- Previous experience managing a budget is helpful but not required
$4,250 + food/gas/housing
Dates of Employment
The dates for full-summer employment are May 21-August 8, 2018. Site Directors also have a required weekend training in Minneapolis in late spring.
For more information or to apply please visit our website https://www.youthworks.com/summer-staff/.
Posted: Jan 11, 2018
AddressP.O. Box 2008
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
Weekly Attendance: 250+
Contact InformationGeorge Butler Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a person who is administratively gifted with the heart of a pastor and who will disciple and shepherd as he organizes, develops structures/processes, and leads. This individual must be a self-starter with strong leadership gifts, and able to execute our 10 Year Vision. He will understand that organizational and administrative tasks are not an end in and of themselves, but rather a platform to grow the spiritual health and well-being of the people God has entrusted to this church.
The Genesis Church Executive Pastor has three primary fields of ministry and staff oversight:
- Genesis Petoskey ministry strategy
- Facility management and use
- Central church office oversight and multi-site coordination
Relationally, the Genesis Church Executive Pastor (from here on XP) will:
- Participate on the staff and pastoral team as well as attend and participate in the life of Genesis Church – Petoskey.
- Report to the lead pastor, oversee all Petoskey staff and leaders, as well as coordinate and support multi-site staff.
- Petoskey Ministry Strategy – Along with a team of key leaders and deacons, the XP ensures that the stated vision and direction of the church is implemented consistently and graciously in the entire church. The XP needs to know how to plan, strategize, and mobilize staff and volunteers. The XP mentors key leaders and deacons, growing staff to become gifted leaders in their areas. The XP takes the fleshed out 10-Year Vision of the elder team and implements it with effective steps of execution for all of the ministry staff of pastors, directors, deacons, and coordinators. Aspects include: goal setting and strategy, development and mentoring, and ministry evaluation.
- Goal setting and strategy is the formal process of integrating deacon and departmental ministries to execute the stated church vision. The goals need to be quantified numerically or expressed qualitatively. The strategy involves proper stewardship of all church resources and spiritual gifting within a culture of high challenge and accountability.
- Development and mentoring is the “walk around” aspect of knowing every member of the staff. Job descriptions are honed to maximize the giftedness of each person and exclude limitations as much as possible. Personal coaching will mentor and improve staff to reach their potential. This includes working closely with members of the Genesis staff, effectively uniting with and complementing all ministry leaders.
- Ministry evaluation is the process of developing quarterly, semi-annual, and/or annual evaluations of ministry. Various metrics and dashboards will be further developed and used to determine effectiveness in pursuit of the 10 Year Vision.
- Facility Management and Use – Along with a team of key leaders and deacons, the XP oversees a facilities manager, establishing a ten-year plan for upkeep, renovations, and new buildings. Because of the nature of the Genesis Center and the desire to share the facility as much as possible with the community, policies and systems will need to be developed (i.e., community uses, weddings, etc.).
- Central church office oversight and multi-site coordination – Along with an office staff and volunteers, the XP leads the central church office and oversees the partnership relationship with our three church sites. Three areas of support and cooperation are:
- Communications – Includes: website, Genesis app, weekly email communications, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). It also includes information technology: computers, software, software as a service, web integration, campus Wi-Fi, etc.
- Finance – Includes: oversight of budgets, cash flow, income and expenses, insurance, payroll, and human resources
- Staffing – Will have aspects of pay scale, hiring, reviewing, mentoring, and terminating staff. Ensuring that staff and department meetings are vibrant, effective, and efficient is a must.
- Fulfill the character qualifications and duties of elder in the spirit of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Agree with and adhere to the Genesis Church Statement of Faith, Constitution and By-laws
- Have a strong gift of leadership and be able to develop leaders of leaders
- Have a pastoral heart and is energized by discipling and shepherding others
- Understand the Genesis Petoskey vision, purpose, and direction
- Demonstrate wisdom in decisions, actions, and recommendations
- Maintain godly and strong working relationships with all pastors, elders, staff, and volunteers
When Applying Please Include:
- A one page cover letter explaining how you balance being an Executive with being a Pastor and, having read the job description, which you feel is more important for this position.
- The results from your Myers-Briggs Test.
Address723 N. Zoah Church Road
Scottsburg, Indiana 47170
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationDennis Nicholas Phone: (812) 595-1289 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
175-year-old Restoration Christian church is seeking a well-rounded preacher/minister for a very family-oriented congregation. Home and hospital visitation are important, but so is innovation and commitment to growth. Compensation package is equal to or better than similar minister positions in the local area.
Posted: Jan 10, 2018
Address1299 Little Prater RD
Grundy, Virginia 24614
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationTroy Brown Phone: (276) 935-8694 x2765250999 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a full time preaching minister and will make contacts in the community. He will be working under an eldership of 5 elders. We average 200 people on Sunday mornings. We also have Sunday evening service and Prayer meeting at 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Wednesday. Any interested candidates, please, feel free to contact Troy Brown at the listed phone numbers or email us a resume. Thank you and God Bless.
Posted: Jan 9, 2018
Address150 Joel Avenue
Union, Missouri 63084
Weekly Attendance: 600
Contact InformationDavid Beaty Phone: (636) 583-5839 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To direct and oversee the Middle School and Sr. High youth program of the First Christian Church.
- These areas shall include but not be limited to: activities, trips, and being a resource person for the other youth programs and workers of the church; involvement in Sunday morning programs, midweek programs, camps, conferences, mission trips, and other group or individual programs as needed.
2. To lead a Student Ministry Team of responsible adults who will offer guidance and help for the youth program.
Address504 Bohleber Drive
Carmi, Illinois 62821
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationGreg Grant Phone: (618) 382-7081 Email: email@example.com
Worship Minister Job Description
The Worship Minister at FCC is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment, and someone who is able to envision and energize a community that is grounded in both traditional hymnody and contemporary expressions of worship.
Four key qualities:
- Dynamic personality – which connects well while leading worship and is energized by being with people either in large groups or one on one.
- Team Leader – who is effective in leading a team of musicians, vocalists, tech personnel and small group leaders.
- Passionate – about Worship, Small Groups and making fully functioning followers of Jesus Christ.
- “All In” – willingness to commit to the God given mission of FCC
- Lead music for Sunday AM service(s) and facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Work with the senior minister & other involved ministry teams for weekly order of worship planning and production of thematically integrated services that may include media and other elements.
- Lead and coordinate volunteer musicians and vocalists in preparing for Sunday AM services.
- Lead music team rehearsals.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, and music leaders.
- Lead the growth of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Assist in the routine mechanics of a Worship Service such as setting up and tearing down equipment.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Become knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
- Continued honing of personal musical proficiency.
- Identify and introduce new songs that are fitting for worship at FCC
- Assist Tech Coordinator on annual budget for Music Ministry.
- Assist with pastoral duties related to the life of the church and community.
- Teach classes and groups when called upon.
Posted: Jan 5, 2018
Address1000 Broadmoor Street
Munster, Indiana 46321
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationW. Jeffrey Hayden Phone: (219) 863-2110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position
The Minister of Calumet Area Deaf mission is a part-time position. He will be responsible for overseeing and resourcing the Deaf ministries of the church, as well as encouraging, empowering, and equipping deaf individuals and families to grow spiritually.
- Display excellent communication skills in ASL (American Sign Language) and English
- Be able to effectively administer and adjust these programs to best meet the needs for spiritual growth of the deaf congregation in the church
- Be able to research, plan, organize, and execute a comprehensive program for the deaf ministry of the church
- Fully understand and support the doctrine of our church
- Be able to effectively work with the Senior Minister and the Board of Elders
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of ministry
- Be able to pass a full background, reference, and past employment checks
- Be a baptized (immersion) believer who will, along with other baptized members of his family, become members of South Side Christian Church and the Calumet Area Deaf Mission
Salary is negotiable.
Please send your résumé with all education and certification, work experience, and your contact information; sample (one or two) of sermons you have preached (mp3, GIF, or 3GP); copies of and program materials you may have developed; and any lessons you may have developed and taught. Please also indicate the date you would be available to assume this position. Include at least four non-relative references, along with their contact information.
Posted: Jan 4, 2018
Address6005 Ky 1842 N
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationJon Welch Phone: (859) 234-0080 Email: email@example.com
The Leesburg Christian Church Internship Program is an awesome opportunity for College students to experience hands-on training in a fun, growing church environment. This 8-10 week based program is designed for students who have a heart to serve in church ministry. The purpose is to equip students to excel in their skills, knowledge, and passion in making disciples within the local church.
- Completed 1st semester of college/ 18-25
- Vocational Children’s Ministry Interest
- 8-10 weeks
- LCC will provide housing, $150/week, and will provide a love offering at the end of the internship.
- Leadership and skills training with special focus in Children’s Ministry
- •Benefits gained for student: Ministry Experience, Camp programing experience leadership development, understanding and respect for other fields of ministry.
*Flexible with students schedule and needs*
• 8 weeks- 10 weeks
- Help plan and execute weekly ministry environments
- Help recruit/train volunteers
- Learn email/phone etiquette
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Contribute to service planning and preparation
- Learn from other ministry areas
- Willing to learn about church administration/ budget/ assimilation
For more information visit leesburg.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Jan 3, 2018
Address14832 County Road 1-50
Edon, Ohio 43518
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationJosh Dowdy Phone: (419) 459-4846 Email: email@example.com
Columbia Church of Christ is actively seeking to fill the position of Senior Minister. We are an Independent Christian Church founded on the principles of the Restoration Movement. We are a rural church with a average attendance of 60 people and looking to grow. We are seeking a candidate with senior minister experience/ at least 5 years of youth/associate minister experience or a BA in a ministry concentrated area from an accredited Christian Church Bible college/university. Along with the general duties of a senior minister, we are looking for a candidate that will work well with other church staff, who will make calls to church members and visitors, and help organize and develop church sponsored events such as revivals and special worship services.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Posted: Dec 24, 2017
Address252 Pine Hill Road
Boone, North Carolina 28607
Weekly Attendance: church plant
Contact InformationShannon McCready Phone: (828) 279-3224 Email: email@example.com
Mountainside Community Church
We are new church launching March 25, 2018, partnering with Waypoint and Church Partners of the Smokies to help people find and follow Jesus, igniting a disciple-making movement, releasing new communities (churches) in WNC and beyond.
PART-TIME CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
Description of Job
~To oversee all forms of ministry to children 5th grade and under
~Working together with communications team for Sunday morning & leading “Kid’s Moment”
~Oversight to volunteers for Sunday morning
~Assisting parents in mentoring/discipling their own children
~Reports ultimately to the Mountainside Management Team and supervised by Lead Pastor-
Discipler (DP here forward)
~Works in coordination with Lead DP and communication team; attends staff/team meeting
~Authority over content and volunteers for nursery and children’s worship
~Casts vision for fulfilling “helping people find and follow Jesus” to children & parents
~Preparation and content for 35 min children’s worship each Sunday
~Preparation and works with communication team for 5 min “kid’s moment” each Sunday
~Once a year “Kid’s Camp”, an outdoor type of V.B.S. in park
~Assess need and timing for start of additional meeting times for child & parent training events
Staffing & Training
~Assemble and train nursery and children’s worship teams
~Scheduling nursery & children’s worship volunteers (use of Planning Center)
~Finding disciple-able people among volunteers, parents, older elementary children
Suggested Gifts, Skills & Experience
~A love for children
~A call, desire, or vision to lead children to ‘Come, follow Jesus”
~A desire to help children & parents be prepared to engage the culture with Jesus (not hide)
~College degree; training or experience with learning development of children
~Ability to create and prepare original material
~Ability to lead a team of adults (as well as a room full of children)
~Ability to teach concrete ideas in creative (sensory) ways
~Some experience in coordinating groups and events
~Some experience with computer graphic design & layout (flyers, posters, crafts)
~Will be evaluated by the Management Team against the listed responsibilities and the following:
–consistency and flow of Sunday presentations and nursery
–communication with staff and volunteers
–involvement of right people in the right places
–nurturing the growth of child discipleship (by parents) and understanding of family
worship & ministry
Posted: Dec 23, 2017
AddressPO Box 120
Glen Lyn, West Virginia 24093
Weekly Attendance: 103 (Yr Ending 2017
Contact InformationDanny Meadows (Elder) Phone: (304) 753-4743 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionGlen Lyn Church of Christ, Glen Lyn, VA has an opening for a Sr. Minister. BA Bible College degree required. Church worship average attendance for year 2017 was 103. GLCOC has an Eldership, Deacons, Youth Minister, Worship Leader, Secretary, Family Life Center, Puppet Ministry Outreach, and several other outreach ministries.Resumes may be sent to the following address or email: Danny L. Meadows, Elder with the GLCOC, 53 Beasley Ln, Peterstown, WV., Email: email@example.com : Phone 1-304-753-4743.
Posted: Dec 21, 2017
Address715 6th Avenue
Erie, Illinois 61250
Weekly Attendance: 150 - 175
Contact InformationDave Habben Phone: (309) 530-4912 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The senior minister shall work with the team of elders to provide vision and mission for the church. The senior minister together with the rest of the staff will build a sense of team work as they seek God’s direction for the church. ECC is seeking a full time senior minister who has a heart for God, is passionate about making disciples and reaching the lost by regularly preaching messages that will challenge ECC members to grow as followers of Jesus Christ.
Posted: Dec 19, 2017
McComb, Ohio 45858
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Website: McComb coc.org (being updated)
Contact InformationPaul Sudlow Phone: (419) 348-0145 Email: McCOMBCHURCH@WCNET.ORG
Full time ministering position available to minister to current congregation as well as evangelizing the community. we have a full time youth coordinator with a very active program as well as a secretary for the office.. In the year 2000 we built a new building and in 2004 we added family life center and 10 classrooms. we are located 12 miles northwest of Findlay,Ohio.
Address160 Lexington St
Versailles, Kentucky 40383-1968
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationMarcus Lynn Phone: (859) 873-3901 Email: email@example.com
Director of Discipleship and Evangelism for First Christian Church of Versailles
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- A dedicated Christian exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Has the desire and ability to lead individuals to Christ, to help them grow in their faith, and train them to use their gifts and talents in service for Christ.
- Willing to be a member of FCC and to be fully involved in the life of our community as well as being familiar and in agreement with the Church vision, goals, basic beliefs and form of government of FCC.
- Able to use technology and social media appropriately in order to connect with others.
- Be a living part of the church family in giving time, talent, and resources to drive the local church in its mission, vision, and purpose.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To shepherd an environment within the body of FCC that invites and equips disciples to live a life that is Gospel-centered, In Community, and Out on Mission Together.
The Director will focus on the following areas in order of priority:
- Equip group leaders with tools to encourage discipleship and community growth within ministry opportunities.
- Develop Scope & Sequence for Adult Ed (coordinated with Children and Youth Directors).
- Recruit Class Leaders and provide support (study materials, etc.).
- Work with leadership to develop and communicate a shared vision and language of Gospel-centered mission.
- Equip our disciples with the tools to disciple others.
- Begin the work of creating Missional Communities
- Help Senior Pastor coordinate follow-up with guests.
- Develop a variety of “on-ramps” for individuals/families within FCC and our community.
- Coordinate opportunities for FCC members to engage with and love our community.
- The Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor and Church Board.
- The Director meets regularly with other staff to plan and coordinate ministries.
- Makes periodic reports as directed by the Senior Pastor to the Board and other leadership groups.
- Keeps the congregation informed about this ministry emphasis through direct reports and via articles and notices in the Sunday bulletins, church email, facebook and church newsletter.
- Regularly attend the Sunday worship services and other regularly scheduled meetings of the congregation. As directed by the Senior Pastor, assist in the leadership in these services.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education and attend at least one conference each year approved by Senior Pastor.
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor or Personnel Team.
- Shall be paid a salary of $8,320 per year. The Director will work 12 hours per week on average.
- The Director will have $600 annually for mileage and conference expenses.
The Director of Discipleship and Evangelism shall have performance reviews as follows:
- At three months with the Personnel Team and Senior Pastor
- At six months with the Senior Pastor
- At twelve months and annually thereafter with the Personnel Team
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by those contracted to do this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position.
Address5605 Dunlap Road
Dublin, Virginia 24084
Weekly Attendance: 90-100
Contact InformationRichie Goad Phone: (540) 818-7391 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin Christian Church is looking for an individual to pour their heart into our youth. DCC is a growing congregation located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia. The Lord has blessed DCC with a great vision for the future that includes a strong focus on reaching young people and bringing them along as strong follower of Christ. The position is currently part time and arrangements can be made if a potential candidate would be interested in coming in on weekends. You can also inquire about the possibility of interning at DCC under the Senior Minister Richie Goad. This position has the potential to become full time. For more information don’t hesitate to call or email.