The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jun 8, 2018
Address1750 McQueeney Road
New Braunfels, Texas 78131
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationAlbert Houk Phone: (830) 620-7174 Email: pastorsearchCCC@sbcglobal.net
While we are a small congregation our community is one of the fastest growing in Texas. We are looking for a man who is gifted in evangelism to help us reach our city.
Posted: Jun 7, 2018
Address3638 Middle Urbana Rd.
Springfield, Ohio 45502
Weekly Attendance: 1200
Contact InformationJennifer Snyder Phone: (937) 399-1000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCC is a multi-generational church in Springfield, Ohio, with a mission of helping people find and follow Jesus. We seek to live out our mission by transforming our world one family at time by targeting men, investing in women and engaging the next generation.
Middle School Minister
The Middle School Minister at FCC walks alongside our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students as they figure out who they are and who God intended them to be. You will disciple them as they learn to own their own faith and value a faith community.
- FCC utilizes Orange curriculum to assist our children’s ministries from birth through 8th You will have the opportunity to attend an annual Orange conference in order to remain current on curriculum
- Cultivate relationships with parents that promote spiritually healthy homes
- Develop a core volunteer team. Identify, recruit and equip your team to compliment and assist you with the ministry
- Develop in students a commitment to spiritual disciplines: prayer, scripture memory, journaling, etc.
- Promote student involvement in 5th-8th grade Sunday morning worship
- Encourage students to participate in church camp (Butler Springs Christian Assembly)
- Develop and launch regular social and outreach events for all grades
- Encourage involvement with our mission partners and create opportunities for students to serve
- Utilize FCC’s attendance platform for recording student attendance
- Lead 5th and 6th grade students in FCC’s “I Am His” program which consists of a deeper dive into scripture and memorization
- Lead 7th and 8th grade small groups
- Pastoral care duties
- Serve in adult service periodically as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A committed and growing relationship with Jesus fueled daily by time in His word and prayer
- A commitment to the personal conduct of a leader as described in Timothy, Titus and the rest of scripture; including integrity in finances, relationships, time management and communication
- Initiative to go above and beyond expectations driven by a desire to work as for the Lord rather than men. This initiative is also to be guided by respect for the family in which God has placed you; respecting the culture, values, structure, roles and individuals of the team
- Honoring God by honoring His mission to help people find and follow Jesus
Knowledge of spiritual formation in preteen and teenagers essential. Demonstrated experience in successful volunteer recruitment, leadership, and training; experience in team building, vision casting, and an excellent working knowledge of the Bible.
- Two or four year degree from an accredited college; bachelor degree from an accredited Bible college is preferred
- At least three years’ experience in student ministry is preferred
- Experience with ProPresentor is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time management, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Technical experience desired
- At FCC, we are a family on a mission to help people find and follow Jesus. The joy of finding Him is still fresh in our hearts and we are continually pursuing the adventure of following Him. If you desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself, and you feel called to serve vocationally in this mission, we invite you to pray about the above position and contact us.
Address194 Robins Rest Rd.
Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationCaleb Penwell Phone: (304) 325-8520 Email: email@example.com
Position: Student Life Minister
Full time salary
Maple View Church of Christ is seeking a Student Life minister that will coordinate, lead and direct the ministries of their Jr and Sr. High. The position will also include laying the foundation for a new ministry with young adults. One of the main goals for the Student life minister will be to create a transition process that leads youth through each stage of life and merges them smoothly into the adult ministry. Part of the ministry creation process will thus need to include a plan to create symmetry with the adult ministry in mission, vision and motivational beliefs. Because of the program development aspects of this ministry experience in building a new ministry program is a plus. A personal desire to grow in ministry and move on from youth into an associate position in the future is considered a plus as the goals for the ministry is expansion and eventual splitting of the ministry into two positions of youth and young adults.
Job Summary: The hope of this ministry is that it will accomplish 3 goals. One you are able to help young people connect to worshiping God in worship, prayer and giving. Two, you help young people connect to the church, serve in the church and grow in the word together and with the church as a whole. Three help our young people to be examples to those younger than them, reach their community and take interest in telling the world about Jesus. In all this we want you to be a person that Put’s Jesus Love Into Action Everywhere you represent MVCC.
The church is located between Princeton and Bluefield WV, the area has 3 different colleges, and is located next to the area Mall. MVCC has in place an administrative assistant, children’s director, media minister and senior minister at the current time. The church attendance is 250 with excellent facilities and lots of technology and media resources at your disposal. We have an excellent Band and great worship facility which you can check out on Facebook, our website or by going to your app store and looking up maple view church.
Please include – a resume with all previous ministry positions as well as contact information for each position and 3 additional references. A sample of public speaking abilities is a plus.
Compensation based on experience and position.
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or our address care of Caleb Penwell
Posted: Jun 5, 2018
Address211 North Independence St.
Windfall, Indiana 46076
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationJohn Paul Duncan Jr. Phone: (765) 860-4143 Email: email@example.com
This is an associate minister position with an emphasis on youth.
All correspondence should be directed to:
John P. Duncan Jr., 325 West Jackson St., Tipton, Indiana 46072
Address4014 Co Rd 304
Ada, Ohio 45810
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationRandy Allen Phone: (419) 326-8552 Email: Randy@wearebethel.cc
Bethel Church of Christ, Ada, Ohio, is seeking a full time Director of Children’s Ministries to oversee the ministry for children up to age 12. Bethel has over 40 children who regularly attend services and activities. Bethel Christian Preschool has an enrollment of ten three-through-five year olds. Bethel is located in a rural setting situated between two college towns, and a short distance from a third. Sunday morning attendance is 150-plus for the two worship services. The Bethel church has been well maintained and has a Family Life Center. Bethel is a member of the Center for Church Leadership.
The candidate should be a graduate of a Church of Christ/Christian Church-supported college or university. Responsibilities include developing programs and activities which engage and educate children, providing resources for parents to raise their children to follow Christ, and developing an evangelistic program to reach families outside the church.
Posted: Jun 2, 2018
Address5515 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationKasey Newbold Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mosaic Church is a faith community in the Irvington neighborhood that seeks to be a presence in and a blessing to the community of Irvington and the surrounding neighborhoods located on the near east side of Indianapolis. Our desire is for Mosaic to be a place to begin, belong, believe, and be whole. We are a relationally driven church and want all that we do to either introduce or enhance relationships with Jesus and each other.
Mosaic is looking for an individual with a love for children/youth, a growing relationship with Jesus, and a passion for Scripture. The right candidate for this position should have a teachable spirit, demonstrate competent leadership, a strong desire to see families grow together in Christ, be a team player, and community minded.
Basic responsibilities of this position include full oversight of the children’s and youth ministries. The primary focus of this position will be on children and teenagers and we are looking for someone who can come alongside to encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary care givers and disciplers of their children. Equally important will be working with, leading, encouraging, and equipping our amazing team of volunteers as they lead and love our families at Mosaic.
Additional Qualities & Preferences:
We currently use curriculum and other materials from the ORANGE children’s ministry family.
Looking for high capacity administrative abilities to assist in recruiting, training, and maintaining growing teams of volunteers.
Familiarity with and ability to leverage social media and a wide range of technologies
We would love to talk more with you about this opportunity to serve alongside of each other. For more information about Mosaic feel free to visit our website at indymosaic.org and/or check us out on Facebook at facebook.com/indymosaic.
Posted: May 31, 2018
Address2315 Villa Rd
Newberg, Oregon 97132
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationErik T Neilson Phone: (971) 241-4935 Email: email@example.com
The purpose of the ADVANCE residency program is to give aspiring church leaders an opportunity to further their education and ministry experience. By partnering with Hope International University and Newberg Christian Church (NCC) our residents will get hands on ministry training while earning their Master of Arts Degree.
Click here more information: http://www.newbergcc.org/advanceresidency
Address3510 Davenport Forks Rd.
Creswell, North Carolina 27928
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationRobert Spruill Phone: (252) 943-8998 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Scuppernong Church of Christ in Creswell, NC is searching for a man to become our next Preaching Minister. Scuppernong is a small, rural Church with a generally traditional flavor and an aging congregation. Our desire is to bring in a man who will take up the mantle of leadership and partner with the Elders, Deacons, and other staff members to cast a fresh vision for future growth and to revitalize the congregation. A successful candidate must be a graduate of a Restoration Movement college and be committed to the basic doctrines of our movement. The Preaching Minister would be expected to: preach and teach well-studied and engaging sermons and lessons, provide pastoral care and counseling to members, partner with other Church leaders to create and carry-out a strategic vision for Church growth and discipleship, and equip the members of the Church for Kingdom service.
The Church is well positioned financially and can provide a competitive and fair salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidates’ qualifications, skills, and experience. The Church facilities are old, but well-cared for and up-to-date in terms of audio-visual capabilities. Scuppernong is also a stable congregation, as our most recent Preaching Minister is retiring in June after over ten years of service to the congregation. Finally, while Creswell is a very rural area, we are only about an hour away from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and some of the most gorgeous beaches in the United States.
To submit a resume, or to make further inquiry, please contact Robert Spruill, our Youth Minister, at email@example.com. You may also reach Robert by telephone at (252) 943-8998.
Posted: May 30, 2018
Address3009 Shakertown Rd.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationChris McClure Phone: (937) 429-0541 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beavercreek Christian Church’s calling is to be a loving family of Jesus’ disciples empowered to reveal the beauty of God’s Kingdom. The role of the Worship Arts Director is to oversee and coordinate all worship arts elements of the Worship Gatherings at BCC under the direction of the Pastor overseeing the Shepherding (congregational care) team. In addition to a demonstrated proficiency in the worship arts (vocal, instrumental media and audio/technical support), this role requires a firm grasp of the mission of God and an understanding of the unique culture and strategy of BCC. The Worship Arts Director is a vital leader on the Shepherding team which guards the spiritual development and health of the congregation and celebrates where God is working among us.
- Lead BCC in worship as a part of its corporate gatherings
- Lead worship at least 40 times per year on stage and on strategic Sundays.
- Create an environment of celebration of what God is doing among and through the BCC family.
- Be willing to lead in other environments as necessary.
- Lead BCC’s Worship Team of musicians, instrumentalists and technical support members
- Develop and train all members of the Worship Arts Team.
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower artists to be part of the Worship Arts Team.
- Develop and manage the worship and tech team budget.
- Provide resources for inspiration, encouragement and development of Worship Arts Team members.
- Partner with other BCC Ministry Leaders
- Ensure detailed programming scripts are available at least 2 weeks prior to the event date including musical, technical, video and other program assignments and information
- Support the teaching team in brainstorming, scheduling, and implementing the worship gatherings. Ensure that content and creativity match and are planned at an appropriate flow.
- Coordinate with staff and ministry leaders to ensure all elements necessary for worship gatherings are addressed (communion prep, lighting, slides, sound, etc.)
The Worship Arts Director should live out the good news of Jesus by being a disciple who imitates Jesus in every way. First by focusing their attention on God alone as the source of life both corporately and privately (UP). Second by finding rest within a community of disciples to be renewed (IN). Third by integrating everyday life and mission (OUT).
Time Expectation: 15-20 hours maximum per week
Posted: May 29, 2018
AddressP.O. Box 2661
Boone, North Carolina 28607
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationJim Musser Phone: (828) 773-5858 Email: email@example.com
Campus Christian Fellowship at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC is seeking a spiritually mature man for the position of Associate Campus Minister to Men. The person serving in this full-time position has the potential opportunity to succeed the current Senior Campus Minister in his position in 3-5 years.
As the job title reflects, ministry to young men would be the primary focus, along with assisting the staff with the overall planning and running of the ministry. Benefits include housing and health insurance stipends. This position does require personal support raising.
Appalachian State University is located in Boone, NC in the midst of the Appalachian Mountains in the northwest corner of North Carolina and is a magnet for those who love the outdoors with hiking, fishing, skiing, among the activities available nearby.
Posted: May 26, 2018
Address1112 North Post Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationDennis McConnaughhay Phone: (317) 898-4945 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO we’re praying for…
In addition to proven Character, a deep Calling to Ministry, a faithful Commitment to Christ and His Church, excelling leadership and equipping Competencies, and the Chemistry to serve well in a passionate, purpose-driven and positive multiple staff…
the best candidates for joining our ministry team are…
– emerging leaders seeking to deepen and develop their leadership with an experienced ministry leadership team
– leaders reflecting and passionately aligned with our value to reflect the racial diversity of our community.
– leaders energized by our journey, as an established Church, to creatively and compassionately respond to our changing culture and community in an urban setting
Purpose: To oversee, organize and lead the worship ministry of the Post Road Christian Church. This includes the planning, design, coordination and production of our weekly worship gatherings and support all other ministry areas in the use of worship and creative arts.
Posted: May 25, 2018
AddressPO Box 1188
Lyndonville, Vermont 05851
Contact InformationSue Grant Phone: (802) 626-5620 Email: email@example.com
The Fold Family Ministries, located in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont, is a Christ-centered, grace-based residential program for at-risk teens. We are currently in need of live-in disciplers for our Boys’ and Girls’ Homes. The following is a basic description of the position:
Our resident disciplers/mentors live and work in our Boys’ and Girls’ Homes, helping to create a safe and nurturing environment for the teens in their care. Responsibilities include establishing daily routines, planning recreational activities, leading Bible studies, and setting a godly example. This position is designed for single adults with no children. Candidates should be energetic, compassionate, fun-loving, and flexible. A four year degree in psychology, counseling, youth work, or a related field or equivalent experience is desired. Also necessary are good communication skills, integrity, humility, and teach-ability. A minimum of 2 years commitment is required. This is a full-time, salaried position, and staff are also encouraged to raise prayer and additional financial support. Room and board are included, as well as ongoing training and professional development. There are four scheduled eleven-day breaks each year, and two consecutive days off each week.
Posted: May 24, 2018
Address1630 Joe Goldsborough Rd
Smyrna, Delaware 19977
Contact InformationMr Jim Marr, Administrator Phone: (302) 653-4556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Smyrna Christian School is a growing, non-denominational, Christ-centered school serving a diverse community in Smyrna, DE. The school ministers to students in Pre-School through 8th grade. Smyrna Christian School is searching for a qualified Elementary Teacher who is familiar with the Abeka curriculum and is an active member of a Restoration Movement church.
Address3030 Virginia Avenue
Collinsville, Virginia 24078
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationYouth Director Search Committee Phone: (276) 647-8285 Email: email@example.com
Stone Memorial Christian Church is looking to hire a youth director. While the person chosen will work primarily with our middle and high school students, the position encompasses the servanthood of all who seek Christ. They should be prepared to serve the church– from seniors to infants.
What we believe: The Stone Memorial Christian Church believes in the deity and Lordship of Jesus Christ, the inspiration of the Bible, and the autonomy of the local congregations. Following the basic principles of the “Restoration Movement”, we accept and teach believer’s baptism into Christ for the forgiveness of sins; we assemble for worship on the first day of the week, making the observance of the Lord’s Supper a focal point in our worship. We seek the unity of all believers on the basis of faith in and obedience to Christ as the divine Son of God and the acceptance of the New Testament as the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. Our position in the religious world has been expressed in such time-honored slogans as these: “Where the Scriptures speak, we speak, and where the Scriptures are silent, we are silent,” and “No creed but Christ, no book but the Bible, no plea but the gospel, and no name but the divine.”
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide spiritual counseling and direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive youth ministry strategy (including youth volunteer opportunities, youth conferences, developing and exploring youths’ relationship with Christ and what it means to be a follower of Christ)
- Keep parents, Senior Minister, and Church Board updated on ministry strategies, as well as plan and organize events for youth in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create an intentionally intergenerational culture, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries
- Other duties as required
- Participate in weekly one hour one-on-one mentoring by the Senior Minister and/or Elder(s) for encouragement, direction, support, and continued challenge for growth
- Attend all worship services, regular programing, and special events, unless prior arrangements with Senior Minister are made
- Grow existing youth programs while incorporating unchurched youth participants/families from the surrounding community
- Present monthly ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the church board
- Participate in annual/semi-annual performance review
- Preach to the general congregation on occasion
Education, experience, and salary:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience working with youth required
- Salary will be competitive locally and commensurate with education/experience
- First year of employment will be probationary, to be renewed at the one year mark with positive performance review from Elders and Senior Minister
Please submit your letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address1055 Sherman Mt. Zion Rd.
Dry Ridge, Kentucky 41035
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationTim Seevers Phone: (859) 428-1661 Email: email@example.com
We are currently looking for a part time worship minister who will utilize our current musicians and vocalists but will serve as leader for our contemporary worship hour. The position currently will be for 12-15 hours per week which will include a practice time as well as our worship time.