The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jacob Shockey – email@example.com or 606-474-3277:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3-month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Address20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, Pennsylvania 17744
Contact InformationLycoming Christian Church Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults
Lycoming Christian Church in Linden, PA (suburb of Williamsport) is seeking a Minister of Children, Youth, and Young Adults. The goal of the ministry would be to oversee, develop, and expand programs for children, youth, and young adults as well as train leader volunteers.
To receive an application and information packet, please send your request to email@example.com or a request letter to:
Lycoming Christian Church
Attn: Bonnie Williams
20 Chapel Hill Road
Linden, PA 17744
The application deadline is June 30, 2020.
Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Address6300 Price Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Weekly Attendance: 850+
Contact InformationCharles Cline Phone: (513) 677-7600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
River Hills Christian Church is looking for a Director of Children’s Ministry to join our excellent staff and help accomplish our purpose of connecting people to God and each other.
What do we value?
- We seek to honor him in our daily lives as we follow his teachings.
- We believe the best about our fellow staff members and always have one another’s best interest at heart. We are family.
- Jesus deserves our best. We do our jobs well.
- We are generous with our church in our time, our resources and our knowledge.
- Our attitude of gratitude creates a positive workplace culture.
- We offer valuable training in our staff meetings and at various conferences. The more we grow the greater our impact for Jesus in the church and in our world.
- We have fun together! Staff fun days give us a chance to connect and enjoy each other.
Who are we looking for? Someone who…
- Loves Jesus and honors him.
- Welcomes children and their families warmly.
- Loves children and has a passion to see that they know, trust and follow Jesus.
- Will encourage, train and support families.
- Is organized with their time, workspace and workload.
- Has the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Can recruit, schedule, and equip a team of volunteers.
- Is outgoing, fun, and happy with a positive sense of humor.
- Has the ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Children’s Ministry.
What does the job entail?
- Oversight of birth through 6th grade
- Weekly lesson planning and preparation
- Weekly communication with parents
- Weekly follow-up with first time guests
- Creating an energetic, fun environment on Sunday where children connect with Jesus and each other
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling a volunteer team
- Creating a secure environment for our children
- Quarterly special events
Please answer the following questions with your resume:
- Describe your personal relationship with Jesus.
- Describe an energetic, fun environment from your perspective.
- Define your plan to identify, recruit and equip a team of volunteers?
Please send your resume to Contact@riverhillscc.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Address3365 Georgetown Road
Owenton, Kentucky 40359
Weekly Attendance: 32
Contact InformationCarolyn Cobb Phone: (502) 750-2271 Email: email@example.com
Looking for a friendly, outgoing, people person who wants to minister as well as preach. Someone with leadership skills. Must have sound biblical doctrine that alines with the Restoration Movement. We are located in a friendly rural community. We want someone who wants to live in and become a part of our community. A parsonage is provided.
AddressPO Box 221
State College, Pennsylvania 16804
Contact InformationWilliam (Buzz) Roberts Phone: (814) 883-1318 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collegiate Ministry Opportunities
Christian Student Foundation of Pennsylvania
Summary: The Christian Student Foundation of Pennsylvania (CSFPA), a collegiate ministry organization with headquarters in State College, PA, is seeking qualified individuals with a desire to see the advancement of God’s Kingdom on the secular university/college campus.
The applicants must have a calling and heart for campus ministry, with strong biblical teaching/preaching backgrounds along with the ability to communicate effectively the message of the gospel within mentoring relationships.
Preference will be given to candidates with strong visionary gifts, administrative skills and biblical knowledge. Essential qualities and skills include planning, self-motivation, organizational and management skills, public speaking and communication abilities, creativity, spiritual mentoring, ability to resolve problems and use of sound biblical judgment.
As is typical in many ministry organizations, CSFPA is a faith-based ministry relying on faithful contributions of individuals and congregations. These positions require personal support raising for salary and benefits. Therefore, the candidates are expected to be the primary drivers for fundraising in these positions.
A detailed job description for the various positions (listed below) with the Christian Student Fellowship on these campuses are available upon request.
Application materials should include a letter of interest and resume. A detailed application will be required of the candidate following the initial inquiry into the availability of the positions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
For additional information or to submit your resume contact William H. (Buzz) Roberts, Executive Director of CSFPA at email@example.com.
University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon University
Campus Minister (men’s ministry)
Campus Minister (women’s ministry)
Campus Minister (worship ministry)
Penn State University University Park, PA
Campus Minister (men’s ministry)
Campus Minister (worship ministry)
Penn State – Brandywine Media, PA
Pennsylvania College of Technology Williamsport, PA
Bloomsburg University Bloomsburg, PA
Posted: Dec 9, 2019
Address116 S Spring Street
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Contact InformationTim Yates Phone: (814) 355-2884 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking to do REAL Ministry?
Relevant – Biblically-based, contemporary-application
Evangelistic – Reaching our community and beyond
Affirming – Supportive and supported
Life-Changing – Formative impact on our youth and their families
If so, then we may have the position for you!
Watermarke Church seeks to expand its ministry reach by adding a Youth and Family Minister to partner with our congregation in our unconventional approach to worship, service, and outreach to our greater Central Pennsylvania community. This full-time position will work with our current staff and volunteers to evangelize, disciple, and equip our next generation of believers and their families. The position would include the coordination of children and youth education, training youth and adult volunteers, leading youth-based worship and bible study programs, and leading youth-based mission trips.
Our 150-member congregation currently employs a full-time senior pastor and part-time ministry assistant. We meet at the local middle school but also operate and minister through our Church Office and Ministry Center. Formed in 2005, our purpose is “inviting people into a growing relationship with Christ”, while our vision is “Finding Jesus, Knowing Jesus, and Showing Jesus”.
So, if God is calling you to minister to “REAL people walking with a REAL God in ordinary living,” then please consider joining our team, as we do things a little differently, to make that mark in the lives of our church and community.
Watermarke Church is located in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, 12 minutes from Penn State University in State College. Our local community offers hiking, camping, fishing and hunting, as well as a wide range of activities, hobbies, culture and conveniences not often found in other rural regions. For more information about the area, please refer to the following links:
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, recent photo, and a video sample of teaching Jr./Sr. High Youth and/or Children to email@example.com. You may also wish to include a brief description of the context of your video for clarity.
Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Address209 West Church Street
West Salem, Illinois 62476
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationDustin Leek Phone: (618) 456-8563 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
The Associate Pastor is one who is gifted and is called to church ministry, loves people, and has a passion for evangelism, outreach, and missions both personally and at the ministry level within a multi-generational congregation setting. He has a passion for the Word of God and desire to proclaim the Word of God with conviction and confidence always moving the congregation towards taking consistent spiritual steps. He is missions-minded and will lead the congregation to serve both locally and globally. The Associate Pastor is one who casts a vision for the ministries under his direction. He lives out the Great Commission by sharing the gospel boldly from the pulpit, by being in the community, and through one-on-one relationships.
Detailed Job Description
The following defines the specific functions performed by the Associate Pastor:
Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching
Work with the Senior Pastor to ensure weekend services are planned and executed
When requested, provide feedback to Senior Pastor or other speakers on their manuscripts in advance of Sunday
Communication skills to effectively preach several times a year and be prepared to be the emergency backup speaker in case of last-minute need. Always have an “emergency sermon” ready
Oversee the Youth and Family Ministry
- Assist in Worship Planning and Direction
Able to recruit, teach, train, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers for youth, family and worship ministry
Know the congregation by showing intense interest in them. This will include getting to know the personal and family stories of the active members of the church
Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families; provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and short-term basis
Intentional about building relationships with the congregation. Tends to the spiritual needs of the congregation as one who will give an account to God
Provide guidance and oversight for Sunday School teachers and leaders; youth leaders; and worship team members
Teach Small Group or Sunday School classes as needed
Possesses personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting
Exhibit evidence of Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 in the work environment as well as in-home/family setting
Give evidence of a spiritually balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship)
Doctrinally aligned with FCC’s Statement of Faith, doctrinal positions, mission, and core values
Give evidence of a strong work ethic and personal integrity
Education & Skills
Engaging teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application to the scriptures
Demonstrate knowledge and ability to guide a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus
Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity
Beliefs aligned with “Restoration Movement Independent Christian Churches
Seminary/Graduate Degree is desired, preferably from a Christian college or university.
Hours & Benefits
The Associate Pastor will be classified as a full-time employee. A housing package is available. This is a minimum of 40 hours per week position
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Address437 Main Street
Middleport, Ohio 45760
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationDavid Hopkins Phone: (740) 992-2914 Email: email@example.com
Middleport Church of Christ, a loving and supportive congregation, is seeking an intern to focus specifically on youth and children, but also have exposure to general church ministry. MCC has a history of quality programs for youth and children and is known in the community for its ministries to young people. This internship will begin in May and last through December. A full job description is available upon request.
Middleport is a small town (2,500) in Meigs county (23,257) in southeast Ohio, approximately 1.5 hours from KCU campus. It received its name because it is the “middle port” on the Ohio River between Pittsburg and Cincinnati. Athens, Ohio is 30 minutes northwest and is the home of Ohio University. Ohio Valley Christian Assembly (local church camp) is a 15 minute drive.
MCC was founded in 1838 and has been in its present location since 1889. Multiple additions have been made to the facility including a family life center that was completed in 1997. MCC has a long history with internships. Our current Minister was a summer intern with us in 1985.
Address12 Greenview Church Rd
Centralia, Illinois 62801
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationWesley Miller Email: Wesley@greenviewchurch.org
Pastor of Student Ministries
Greenview Christian Church
About the position: Greenview is searching for a man or woman that is called to lead young people into a deeper walk with Jesus. Our community is ripe for the harvest and we need a student pastor with the gifts and the passion to raise up workers and offer real answers and love to the young people of Centralia.
About Greenview: Greenview is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church and we are intentionally becoming more so. This is a unique church with many exciting opportunities. We are not a church that meets on Sunday morning and then closes up shop for the week. Every day of every week there is ministry happening on our campus. Greenview is home to a preschool, an afterschool program, and New Horizon Christian School (k-8) which currently enrolls over 130 students.
Families are the lifeblood of Greenview and so we invest heavily in the next generation. Our children’s ministry is bursting at the seams on Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings. Our youth ministry has really started to see the fruit from our Children’s ministry success as the young people move up to middle school and high school. We now need a Pastor that can grow those young people to maturity and build a strong Student Ministry program.
We currently have between 40 and 60 middle school and high school students involved in the Greenview Student Ministry. Sunday nights we have a combined youth worship service and Wednesday nights we have age specific small groups for our teens. Currently, there is nothing in place for our college age students, but there are plenty attending Greenview and we are in need a of ministry for this age bracket.
Centralia is a small to midsized city located in Southern Illinois east of St. Louis. It is in fact three cities (Centralia, Central City, and Wamac) that basically function as one city. The greater Centralia area is very diverse economically, ethnically, and culturally. It offers is a very unique balance of small-town charm and big city problems. Although we have a good school system and huge hometown pride, we also have issues with drugs, crime and poverty. And these issues are only on the rise. There are an unusually large number of churches in Centralia however few of them are having an impact on the city. Thus, there are great opportunities and a great need to take Jesus to the people of Centralia.
- Build and pastor a team of youth workers
- Create a wholistic program for helping youth grow in their faith. This would include:
- Bible based teaching and preaching
- Partnering with parents and equipping them to disciple their children
- Planning large and small youth events as well as an annual calendar
- Creating a yearly budget
- Being in the lives of the youth and young adults outside of the church walls
- Representing Greenview in the local school systems
- Working closely with the staff and students of New Horizon Christian School
- Coordinating and partnering with our children’s ministry and Children’s Pastor
- Create and implement a ministry to college age students (this would be completely from scratch)
- Be a part of the overall Pastoral team of Greenview. This would include:
- Attending staff meetings
- Participating in Sunday Morning services
- Making hospital calls
- Teaching and preaching outside of youth ministry when necessary
- Championing the vision and mission of Greenview
- Baptized, born-again believer with clear evidence of spiritual maturity
- Have a Spirit-filled worship and prayer life
- Have a clear testimony of your conversion and your call to ministry
- Experienced and gifted working across ethnic and socioeconomic lines
- Willingness to reach out to and work with young people from broken homes and troubled background (this will be a very big part of the job)
- High level leadership skills
- Previous experience working with youth and young adults in a variety of settings
- Extroverted and outgoing
- Self-starter and driven (you will be evaluated on results not necessarily the hours you put into it)
- Relatable and authentic
- Humbly self-assured and proactive
Posted: Dec 2, 2019
AddressPO Box 185
BRAZIL, Indiana 47834
Weekly Attendance: 430
Contact InformationChris Gregg Phone: (812) 446-2214 x18 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the worship/song leader will be to help lead and grow the music worship ministry. We want to have an upbeat traditional service with a worship band and team that has hymns and choruses and a contemporary service that inspires, attracts and encourages 20 and 30-year-olds to worship. This person will work directly with the Worship Arts Director and Senior Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Pursue a lifestyle of being a worshipping follower of Christ who can model and mentor others who are doing the same.
2. Finalize a weekly Sunday worship service plan supporting the theme established by the message topic in time to rehearse and implement the plan.
3. Participate in 2 rehearsals (one on Sunday prior to the service) and leading the music portion of the Sunday worship services.
4. Help recruit, train and mentor the members of the worship music teams so they are able to do their best to lead others in worship.
5. Communicate with our technical and administrative support teams to help them know how to effectively assist.
6. We expect about 8-10 hours per week to be required for effort including the worship leader’s presence throughout the Sunday morning activities. .
1. An awareness of the breadth of worship music that includes traditional hymns and current contemporary songs.
2. Ability to lead worship vocally and play another instrument – preferably guitar.
3. Basic music theory competence
4. Knowledge of or willingness to learn how technical components (soundboard, computer A/V, instrument pedals, etc) can be used to enhance our worship music.
Contact InformationDebbie Tate Phone: (540) 872-3707 Email: email@example.com
Bethany Christian Church of Bumpass, VA (www.facebook.com/bethanychristianva ) is a congregation seeking to love God, love people and share Jesus. We are searching for a Youth Minister to join us in this calling. The area of responsibility for the Youth Minister is 6th-12th Grade. Interested parties may request a full job description by sending an email request to .
Contact InformationDebbie Tate Phone: (540) 872-3707 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany Christian Church of Bumpass, VA (www.facebook.com/bethanychristianva ) is a congregation seeking to love God, love people and share Jesus. We are searching for a part-time Children’s Director to join us in this calling. The area of responsibility for the Children’s Director is birth–5th Grade. Interested parties may request a full job description by sending an email request to .
Address195 Buttermilk Pike
Lakeside Park, Kentucky 41017
Weekly Attendance: 2600
Contact InformationRobin Poland Phone: (859) 341-1160 Email: email@example.com
The Campus Pastor will be entrusted with the responsibility of achieving the goal of quality and fruitfulness within the Lakeside Park campus by leading the campus team in the day to day operation of the campus, overseeing the campus’ first impressions and involvement strategies, overseeing the execution of campus-specific programs and events, and overseeing the campus’ local mission initiatives. The Campus Pastor is the solid line report for all campus team members and is expected to encourage and equip that team for day to day success. This includes but is not limited to monthly one on one meetings, mid-year/annual reviews, program assessment, performance coaching, etc. The Campus Pastor will ensure that pastoral care protocols are followed at the campus and act as the initial point of contact for congregational needs. The Campus Pastor will oversee the execution of all campus-specific events ensuring that they are done with intentionality, urgency and integrity. The Campus Pastor is expected to encourage, celebrate and strategically collaborate with all other Lakeside Christian Church campuses. As a member of the staff of Lakeside Christian Church, the Campus Pastor is expected to embody Lakeside’s mission and values at all times.
The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor must be an upfront leader who is able to cast vision and activate the staff, volunteers and attendees of the Lakeside Park Campus. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will be the primary host for Sunday morning worship gatherings and should utilize this time to establish their leadership over the campus. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will lead, develop and care for the Lakeside Park campus team. This includes holding team members accountable to Lakeside’s mission, values, and staff covenant. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will lead the Lakeside Park Campus’ involvement in local missions by identifying opportunities and activating community groups/volunteer teams to execute those opportunities. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will serve as the primary oversight for all Lakeside Park specific events. This includes ensuring that events are adequately planned, the right people are involved and that the mission and values of Lakeside Christian Church are being clearly articulated and protected.
- Ensure Accountability – Holds others, and self, accountable to meet expectations. Is able to lean into difficult conversations with grace and a humble spirit.
- Cast Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling vision that inspires others to respond. Regularly will tie tasks, activities, and conversations to the big picture and purpose of the ministry.
- Act Decisively – Makes sound and timely decisions. Recognizes when a quick decision needs to be made and is willing to act even when relatively little information is available.
- Build Effective Teams – Gathers a group of individuals into a cohesive group that understands and utilizes individual strengths to achieve common goals, objectives and fosters a sense of belonging.
- Innovate and Create – Develops new ideas, material, or opportunities for the ministry to be successful. Knows when a new approach is needed.
- Shepherd/Pastor Others – Cares for others’ physical, spiritual, and emotional needs and disciples others to become more like Christ.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership:
- Full Membership within Lakeside Christian Church (including alignment with Lakeside’s values and beliefs)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or comparable experience in that field)
- Able and confident teacher/preacher of scripture.
- Experience building and leading volunteer teams.
- Experience building and executing student ministry events.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Multi-site church experience
- Organizational and communication skills
- Experience with managing ministry budgets
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete application: APPLY HERE
Address1125 South York
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74403
Weekly Attendance: 110
Contact InformationKenny Williams Phone: (918) 869-1355 Email: email@example.com
Looking for an Associate Minister to oversee the Youth & Family Program, work with the Sr. Minister, and have a desire to become the Sr. Minister.