The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Address723 N. Zoah Church Road
Scottsburg, Indiana 47170
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationDennis Nicholas Phone: (812) 595-1289 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
175-year-old Restoration Christian church is seeking a well-rounded preacher/minister for a very family-oriented congregation. Home and hospital visitation are important, but so is innovation and commitment to growth. Compensation package is equal to or better than similar minister positions in the local area.
Posted: Jan 10, 2018
Address1299 Little Prater RD
Grundy, Virginia 24614
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationTroy Brown Phone: (276) 935-8694 x2765250999 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a full time preaching minister and will make contacts in the community. He will be working under an eldership of 5 elders. We average 200 people on Sunday mornings. We also have Sunday evening service and Prayer meeting at 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Wednesday. Any interested candidates, please, feel free to contact Troy Brown at the listed phone numbers or email us a resume. Thank you and God Bless.
Posted: Jan 9, 2018
Address150 Joel Avenue
Union, Missouri 63084
Weekly Attendance: 600
Contact InformationDavid Beaty Phone: (636) 583-5839 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To direct and oversee the Middle School and Sr. High youth program of the First Christian Church.
- These areas shall include but not be limited to: activities, trips, and being a resource person for the other youth programs and workers of the church; involvement in Sunday morning programs, midweek programs, camps, conferences, mission trips, and other group or individual programs as needed.
2. To lead a Student Ministry Team of responsible adults who will offer guidance and help for the youth program.
Address504 Bohleber Drive
Carmi, Illinois 62821
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationGreg Grant Phone: (618) 382-7081 Email: email@example.com
Worship Minister Job Description
The Worship Minister at FCC is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment, and someone who is able to envision and energize a community that is grounded in both traditional hymnody and contemporary expressions of worship.
Four key qualities:
- Dynamic personality – which connects well while leading worship and is energized by being with people either in large groups or one on one.
- Team Leader – who is effective in leading a team of musicians, vocalists, tech personnel and small group leaders.
- Passionate – about Worship, Small Groups and making fully functioning followers of Jesus Christ.
- “All In” – willingness to commit to the God given mission of FCC
- Lead music for Sunday AM service(s) and facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Work with the senior minister & other involved ministry teams for weekly order of worship planning and production of thematically integrated services that may include media and other elements.
- Lead and coordinate volunteer musicians and vocalists in preparing for Sunday AM services.
- Lead music team rehearsals.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, and music leaders.
- Lead the growth of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Assist in the routine mechanics of a Worship Service such as setting up and tearing down equipment.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Become knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
- Continued honing of personal musical proficiency.
- Identify and introduce new songs that are fitting for worship at FCC
- Assist Tech Coordinator on annual budget for Music Ministry.
- Assist with pastoral duties related to the life of the church and community.
- Teach classes and groups when called upon.
Posted: Jan 5, 2018
Address1000 Broadmoor Street
Munster, Indiana 46321
Weekly Attendance: 125
Contact InformationW. Jeffrey Hayden Phone: (219) 863-2110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position
The Minister of Calumet Area Deaf mission is a part-time position. He will be responsible for overseeing and resourcing the Deaf ministries of the church, as well as encouraging, empowering, and equipping deaf individuals and families to grow spiritually.
- Display excellent communication skills in ASL (American Sign Language) and English
- Be able to effectively administer and adjust these programs to best meet the needs for spiritual growth of the deaf congregation in the church
- Be able to research, plan, organize, and execute a comprehensive program for the deaf ministry of the church
- Fully understand and support the doctrine of our church
- Be able to effectively work with the Senior Minister and the Board of Elders
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of ministry
- Be able to pass a full background, reference, and past employment checks
- Be a baptized (immersion) believer who will, along with other baptized members of his family, become members of South Side Christian Church and the Calumet Area Deaf Mission
Salary is negotiable.
Please send your résumé with all education and certification, work experience, and your contact information; sample (one or two) of sermons you have preached (mp3, GIF, or 3GP); copies of and program materials you may have developed; and any lessons you may have developed and taught. Please also indicate the date you would be available to assume this position. Include at least four non-relative references, along with their contact information.
Posted: Jan 4, 2018
Address6005 Ky 1842 N
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationJon Welch Phone: (859) 234-0080 Email: email@example.com
The Leesburg Christian Church Internship Program is an awesome opportunity for College students to experience hands-on training in a fun, growing church environment. This 8-10 week based program is designed for students who have a heart to serve in church ministry. The purpose is to equip students to excel in their skills, knowledge, and passion in making disciples within the local church.
- Completed 1st semester of college/ 18-25
- Vocational Children’s Ministry Interest
- 8-10 weeks
- LCC will provide housing, $150/week, and will provide a love offering at the end of the internship.
- Leadership and skills training with special focus in Children’s Ministry
- •Benefits gained for student: Ministry Experience, Camp programing experience leadership development, understanding and respect for other fields of ministry.
*Flexible with students schedule and needs*
• 8 weeks- 10 weeks
- Help plan and execute weekly ministry environments
- Help recruit/train volunteers
- Learn email/phone etiquette
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Contribute to service planning and preparation
- Learn from other ministry areas
- Willing to learn about church administration/ budget/ assimilation
For more information visit leesburg.cc or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Jan 3, 2018
Address14832 County Road 1-50
Edon, Ohio 43518
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationJosh Dowdy Phone: (419) 459-4846 Email: email@example.com
Columbia Church of Christ is actively seeking to fill the position of Senior Minister. We are an Independent Christian Church founded on the principles of the Restoration Movement. We are a rural church with a average attendance of 60 people and looking to grow. We are seeking a candidate with senior minister experience/ at least 5 years of youth/associate minister experience or a BA in a ministry concentrated area from an accredited Christian Church Bible college/university. Along with the general duties of a senior minister, we are looking for a candidate that will work well with other church staff, who will make calls to church members and visitors, and help organize and develop church sponsored events such as revivals and special worship services.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Posted: Dec 26, 2017
Address441 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Weekly Attendance: 425
Contact InformationEric Stringer Phone: (937) 372-7687 Email: email@example.com
First Church of Christ (Xenia, Ohio) is seeking a full-time Youth minister who is passionate about building relationships with students and working alongside their parents to help them grow in their faith. This position primarily deals with grades 6-12. The Youth Minister is responsible for the total development and oversight of the Middle School and High School ministries of the church. We are looking for a graduate from a Christian Church/Church of Christ college but others would be considered.
First Church of Christ averages over 400 for services and is a bedroom community to Dayton and Cincinnati. Interested candidates may send their questions and resume’s to…
Eric Stringer, Executive Minister
First Church of Christ
441 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Posted: Dec 24, 2017
Address252 Pine Hill Road
Boone, North Carolina 28607
Weekly Attendance: church plant
Contact InformationShannon McCready Phone: (828) 279-3224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountainside Community Church
We are new church launching March 25, 2018, partnering with Waypoint and Church Partners of the Smokies to help people find and follow Jesus, igniting a disciple-making movement, releasing new communities (churches) in WNC and beyond.
PART-TIME CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
Description of Job
~To oversee all forms of ministry to children 5th grade and under
~Working together with communications team for Sunday morning & leading “Kid’s Moment”
~Oversight to volunteers for Sunday morning
~Assisting parents in mentoring/discipling their own children
~Reports ultimately to the Mountainside Management Team and supervised by Lead Pastor-
Discipler (DP here forward)
~Works in coordination with Lead DP and communication team; attends staff/team meeting
~Authority over content and volunteers for nursery and children’s worship
~Casts vision for fulfilling “helping people find and follow Jesus” to children & parents
~Preparation and content for 35 min children’s worship each Sunday
~Preparation and works with communication team for 5 min “kid’s moment” each Sunday
~Once a year “Kid’s Camp”, an outdoor type of V.B.S. in park
~Assess need and timing for start of additional meeting times for child & parent training events
Staffing & Training
~Assemble and train nursery and children’s worship teams
~Scheduling nursery & children’s worship volunteers (use of Planning Center)
~Finding disciple-able people among volunteers, parents, older elementary children
Suggested Gifts, Skills & Experience
~A love for children
~A call, desire, or vision to lead children to ‘Come, follow Jesus”
~A desire to help children & parents be prepared to engage the culture with Jesus (not hide)
~College degree; training or experience with learning development of children
~Ability to create and prepare original material
~Ability to lead a team of adults (as well as a room full of children)
~Ability to teach concrete ideas in creative (sensory) ways
~Some experience in coordinating groups and events
~Some experience with computer graphic design & layout (flyers, posters, crafts)
~Will be evaluated by the Management Team against the listed responsibilities and the following:
–consistency and flow of Sunday presentations and nursery
–communication with staff and volunteers
–involvement of right people in the right places
–nurturing the growth of child discipleship (by parents) and understanding of family
worship & ministry
Posted: Dec 23, 2017
AddressPO Box 120
Glen Lyn, West Virginia 24093
Weekly Attendance: 103 (Yr Ending 2017
Contact InformationDanny Meadows (Elder) Phone: (304) 753-4743 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionGlen Lyn Church of Christ, Glen Lyn, VA has an opening for a Sr. Minister. BA Bible College degree required. Church worship average attendance for year 2017 was 103. GLCOC has an Eldership, Deacons, Youth Minister, Worship Leader, Secretary, Family Life Center, Puppet Ministry Outreach, and several other outreach ministries.Resumes may be sent to the following address or email: Danny L. Meadows, Elder with the GLCOC, 53 Beasley Ln, Peterstown, WV., Email: firstname.lastname@example.org : Phone 1-304-753-4743.
Posted: Dec 21, 2017
Address715 6th Avenue
Erie, Illinois 61250
Weekly Attendance: 150 - 175
Contact InformationDave Habben Phone: (309) 530-4912 Email: email@example.com
The senior minister shall work with the team of elders to provide vision and mission for the church. The senior minister together with the rest of the staff will build a sense of team work as they seek God’s direction for the church. ECC is seeking a full time senior minister who has a heart for God, is passionate about making disciples and reaching the lost by regularly preaching messages that will challenge ECC members to grow as followers of Jesus Christ.
Posted: Dec 19, 2017
McComb, Ohio 45858
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Website: McComb coc.org (being updated)
Contact InformationPaul Sudlow Phone: (419) 348-0145 Email: McCOMBCHURCH@WCNET.ORG
Full time ministering position available to minister to current congregation as well as evangelizing the community. we have a full time youth coordinator with a very active program as well as a secretary for the office.. In the year 2000 we built a new building and in 2004 we added family life center and 10 classrooms. we are located 12 miles northwest of Findlay,Ohio.
Address160 Lexington St
Versailles, Kentucky 40383-1968
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationMarcus Lynn Phone: (859) 873-3901 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Discipleship and Evangelism for First Christian Church of Versailles
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- A dedicated Christian exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Has the desire and ability to lead individuals to Christ, to help them grow in their faith, and train them to use their gifts and talents in service for Christ.
- Willing to be a member of FCC and to be fully involved in the life of our community as well as being familiar and in agreement with the Church vision, goals, basic beliefs and form of government of FCC.
- Able to use technology and social media appropriately in order to connect with others.
- Be a living part of the church family in giving time, talent, and resources to drive the local church in its mission, vision, and purpose.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To shepherd an environment within the body of FCC that invites and equips disciples to live a life that is Gospel-centered, In Community, and Out on Mission Together.
The Director will focus on the following areas in order of priority:
- Equip group leaders with tools to encourage discipleship and community growth within ministry opportunities.
- Develop Scope & Sequence for Adult Ed (coordinated with Children and Youth Directors).
- Recruit Class Leaders and provide support (study materials, etc.).
- Work with leadership to develop and communicate a shared vision and language of Gospel-centered mission.
- Equip our disciples with the tools to disciple others.
- Begin the work of creating Missional Communities
- Help Senior Pastor coordinate follow-up with guests.
- Develop a variety of “on-ramps” for individuals/families within FCC and our community.
- Coordinate opportunities for FCC members to engage with and love our community.
- The Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor and Church Board.
- The Director meets regularly with other staff to plan and coordinate ministries.
- Makes periodic reports as directed by the Senior Pastor to the Board and other leadership groups.
- Keeps the congregation informed about this ministry emphasis through direct reports and via articles and notices in the Sunday bulletins, church email, facebook and church newsletter.
- Regularly attend the Sunday worship services and other regularly scheduled meetings of the congregation. As directed by the Senior Pastor, assist in the leadership in these services.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education and attend at least one conference each year approved by Senior Pastor.
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor or Personnel Team.
- Shall be paid a salary of $8,320 per year. The Director will work 12 hours per week on average.
- The Director will have $600 annually for mileage and conference expenses.
The Director of Discipleship and Evangelism shall have performance reviews as follows:
- At three months with the Personnel Team and Senior Pastor
- At six months with the Senior Pastor
- At twelve months and annually thereafter with the Personnel Team
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by those contracted to do this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position.
Address5605 Dunlap Road
Dublin, Virginia 24084
Weekly Attendance: 90-100
Contact InformationRichie Goad Phone: (540) 818-7391 Email: email@example.com
Dublin Christian Church is looking for an individual to pour their heart into our youth. DCC is a growing congregation located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia. The Lord has blessed DCC with a great vision for the future that includes a strong focus on reaching young people and bringing them along as strong follower of Christ. The position is currently part time and arrangements can be made if a potential candidate would be interested in coming in on weekends. You can also inquire about the possibility of interning at DCC under the Senior Minister Richie Goad. This position has the potential to become full time. For more information don’t hesitate to call or email.
Posted: Dec 18, 2017
Address4945 W. National Rd.
Clayton, Ohio 45315
Weekly Attendance: 45
Contact InformationRyan Shellabarger Phone: (937) 836-7635 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship Team Leader
It is the primary purpose of the Worship Team Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring and engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship to the glory of God.
Worship Leader will be accountable to the Sr. Pastor.
• Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
• Leads the worship team to include the singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
• Provides guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
• Meets weekly with the Pastor for planning worship services.
• Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of corporate worship services.
• Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including the music charts and sound set up.
• Oversees the recording of worship services.
• Oversee the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, sound technicians, and media assistants.
• Finds new songs to introduce in worship and prepares the music charts for them.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Pastor.
REQUIRED CHARACTER AND SKILLS
• Maintains personal, spiritual and professional growth.
• Possess a vibrant growing personal committed relationship with Christ.
• Possess knowledge of the culture of a Christian Church.
• Agrees with and fully supports the NHCC Vision, Mission, Doctrinal and Worship Goal statements.
• Some experience leading worship
• Some formal Bible training preferred
Description of our goal for Worship at NHCC:
The elements of our worship at NHCC include, prayer, singing, giving, preaching of the word, the Lord’s supper, baptism, baby dedications, the reading of scripture, personal testimony and anything else that encourages the congregation to worship our holy and awesome God. These elements allow us as a congregation to recognize God for who He is and to humbly invite Him into the rightful place in our lives. With this in mind the worship leader must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ who each week is spiritually prepared to lead the congregation, and who has the skill to lead.
The worship leader in preparing the worship services should be sensitive to the needs of the body using both old and new songs with a full range of instruments. The worship leader will weave together the various elements of the service in such a way that God is glorified, Christ is lifted up and the worshipers are invited to humbly enter into the presence of God. In choosing music for our worship services we don’t want to be restrictive or formulaic, but we want to give the worship leader the freedom to draw from the great songs of old as well as the songs that are being written in this generation. In our music we want to be both celebratory and reflective. All songs chosen should be Biblical and theologically sound and performed in a way that invites the congregation to sing with hearts full of praise to our God.
Send resumé to email@example.com