The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Address901 W. Beacon Road
Lakeland, Florida 33803
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationSteve Newland Phone: (765) 720-9797 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionWe are looking for a worship minister who will passionately lead our congregation in worship each week and is capable of the wide range of artistic and administrative tasks that make it possible. In addition to leading worship team volunteers, this position involves leading a young adult ministry (18-29). Regarding worship style, we have two. Our classic service utilizes guitar, keyboard, piano and box drum and targets those who are 60+. Our modern service utilizes full band and is more geared toward younger adults.Our immediate neighborhood and surrounding area is a very diverse population. We are looking for a candidate who is culturally agile and ministers well in a diverse context and who could help our church take the next steps in that regard. A bilingual(Spanish) would be add a great skill to our staff, but it is not a requirement.Priority will be given to candidates with a Christian Church doctrinal background/education.
Address2080 South Jefferson Avenue
Lebanon, Missouri 65536
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationWilliam Arnold Phone: (330) 317-4062 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
E5 Church Staffing is pleased to announce an opening for a FT Children’s Minister for Southern Heights Christian Church, in Lebanon, Missouri.
Lebanon is a growing community in a county of approximately 36,000 in Central Missouri that boasts a strong job market and cost of living significantly below the national average. The beautiful Niangua and Gasconade Rivers run through Lebanon in addition to the iconic route 66. Locals are known to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Ozarks by leisurely floating down the river, and the fishing opportunities are tremendous as recognized by Outdoor life Magazine which has named Lebanon a Top 200 Town for Sportsman on three different occasions. Lebanon is truly a friendly place with friendly people and is a great place to raise a family while embracing a slower pace of life.
Southern Heights Christian Church is an established church of approximately 325 that has experienced tremendous growth since the hiring of new Sr. Minister Jeff Hinson in 2016. As a result, SHCC is seeking to hire a full-time Children’s Minister to serve the 100+ children that are a part of SHCC on a weekly basis. Jeff has a strong background in Children’s ministry and since his arrival the church leadership has embraced an emphasis on young families. It is fairly common to hear staff, eldership and even volunteers relate that SHCC’s priorities are children, youth and adults… in that order. SHCC embraces a “fail forward” culture that encourages trying new things and embracing an attitude of learning from failures regardless of result.
The Children’s Ministers primary responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of programming for the weekend and midweek services for birth through 5th grade. This includes the coordination of all volunteer systems and processes. In addition, it is expected that the Children’s Minister fosters a love for reaching young families in the community that aren’t currently engaged in SHCC. The person assuming this role will need to understand the development of systems and processes for volunteer coordination, community outreach and discipleship of young families. To perform the duties of this role adequately, it is necessary for candidates to show a history of creativity, strong work ethic, and a willingness to embrace a team ministry concept.
A college degree is preferred but not required for this position. Non-traditional candidates are welcome to apply. SHCC is offering a very generous salary package that reflects their value of young families and this role within the church.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will not be able to respond to every application. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of your submission, you have not been chosen to move forward in the search process.
AddressPO Box 427
New Castle, Virginia 24127
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationLarry Guthrie Phone: (540) 864-5212 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for a great ministry opportunity? Something that will challenge and inspire you? Then this is where you want to be. New Castle Christian Church is a Christ-centered church nestled in the Jefferson National Forrest, located 20miles north of Roanoke/Salem and 25 miles northeast of Blacksburg. Craig County is a rural mountainous area flowing with picturesque creeks and streams. It is noted for its hunting, fishing, hiking and bike trails. Scenic in nature and awe-inspiring with the beauty that can only come from an awesome God. A wonderful place for you and your family to grow spiritually. There are many needs and areas available for Christian growth and development here within our community and our church family. Please feel free to look us up at nc-cc.org and visitcraigcountyva.com.
Information on salary/benefits is available upon request. A parsonage is included which sits beside the church.
Posted: Oct 16, 2018
Address38 Front Street
Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
Weekly Attendance: 165
Contact InformationDaniel McClurg Phone: (606) 796-2431 Email: email@example.com
Vanceburg Christian Church is searching for a part-time Children’s Minister. This individual would lead our children’s ministry program during our 11:00am service and our Wednesday evening program. The Children’s Minister would work beside the Youth Minister in planning and executing community events for children. If you would like to know more information along with a job description please email Daniel McClurg.
Address6531 N 600 W
McCordsville, Indiana 46055
Weekly Attendance: 900
Contact InformationMitch Young Phone: (317) 335-6815 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outlook Christian Church (outlookchurch.org), an Independent Christian Church of 900 in average worship attendance, is located just northeast of Indianapolis, IN, in a growing community.
Outlook Christian Church is in the developmental stages of their new Next Gen. Ministry and is looking for a candidate who wishes to play a key role in its successful implementation. The Next Gen. Ministry team wins when Outlook Christian Church empowers, equips, and encourages families to take their next steps of connecting, growing, serving, and going for Jesus Christ. The role of the Next Gen. Children’s Ministry Director will, underneath the direction of the Next Gen. Minister, oversee the strategic implementation of ministerial functions for children and students from cradle to graduation, with a heavy emphasis on children from birth through their elementary ages.
The Next Gen. Children’s Ministry Director at Outlook Christian Church will…
- be a strategic leader, a tactical executer, an eager trainer and recruiter of volunteers, a versatile communicator, and a quality counselor who prioritizes people, is professional and fun, well organized, and works well within a team.
- possess substantive training (at least a Bachelor’s degree or its demonstrable equivalent in training or experience) in the field of ministry and be able to demonstrate a heart and calling to this field.
- have proven experience serving in local church ministry.
- be responsible developing teams of leaders and volunteers primarily serving children from birth through fifth grade.
- partner with families to supplement the ministry already being done within the home.
- communicate effectively with children and families regardless of their stage of development
- plan and oversee ministerial logistics for regularly scheduled programs and special events along with the Next Gen. Ministry Team.
- collaborate with the Next Gen. Minister to cast the ministry vision to children and families within Outlook Christian Church and the local community
If you have a healthy, growing relationship with Christ and are ready to join a dedicated, creative, energized team who desire to communicate the love of Christ to children, students, and families, please email your resume and any supportive material to Janna Mitchell, Next Gen. Ministry Assistant, at email@example.com or mail to Outlook Christian Church, Attn: Next Gen. Min. Director Search Team, 6531 N 600 West, McCordsville, IN 46055.
Address1300 George Washington Hwy
Yorktown, Virginia 23693
Weekly Attendance: 1000
Contact InformationReed William Smith Phone: (252) 267-3475 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why: Jesus strategically poured into disciples so that they could spread the Good News about the Kingdom of God. These same disciples carried on this tradition as we carry it on today through equipping the saints for Kingdom work.
What: At Northside, we are committed to pursuing God, loving people, and transforming the world. One way we can faithfully steward this commitment is through the equipping of ministry interns.
Who: Interns are expected to be Christ-followers who submit to the authority of Scripture and acknowledge field mentors under the guidance of the Northside eldership as both advocates and disciplinarians.
How: Internships exist for two reasons: A) that individuals called into the ministry may receive hands-on experience which prepares them for vocational leadership and B) that the ministers serving said interns may sharpen their own craft and conviction by training those up-and-coming.
Where: To serve in God’s flock is to be a “jack of all trades.” No one ministry role at Northside is uniquely specialized but asks individuals to use their calling to fill a diverse list of needs. Ministry interns should expect to be given broad exposure to church-work.
When: To best equip ministry interns, Northside expects that all individuals applying for the ministry internship position to commit to no less than a three month period.
The internship is paid.
Housing is offered.
Posted: Oct 12, 2018
Address2101 Linn St.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania 17701
Weekly Attendance: 175-200
Contact InformationJohn E. Shirey III Phone: (570) 326-0731 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionThe Newberry Church of Christ is seeking a full-time youth minister who will oversee all aspects of student ministries ages 0-20. The youth minister must demonstrate a love for God, a love for children, teenagers, young adults, and have a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ. The candidate must be committed to Restoration Movement doctrine and sincerely feel that they have been called into youth ministry. The individual will need to recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteers willing to serve within the youth ministry and engage parents asvital partners in the ministry. We are seeking an individual who can build Christ centered relationships with the youth at NCC and the community, finding creative ways to enhance their involvement in the youth program. The youth minister must be a strong teacher with a love for God’s word and be able to work with the elders, staff, volunteers, parents, and the youth, as we all strive to develop dynamic Christian faith in our youth. We desire an individual who will organize occasional retreats and mission trips which will challenge the youth in their spiritual growth and their service to Christ, the church, and the lost. This position will report to and bedirectly accountable to the elders. We prefer an individual with 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry, but will consider candidates with less experience that have demonstrated the spiritual maturity and skills necessary for the position. We are prepared to offer a competitive salary package and compensation package based on experience and abilities. Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information of past employers and references. A complete job description is available upon request.
Posted: Oct 11, 2018
Address703 W Spring St.
Brownstown, Indiana 47220
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationMitchell McIntyre Phone: (812) 358-4172 Email: email@example.com
- Disciple middle school, high school, and college-age individuals, along with their parents.
- Invest in the lives of students, building relationships with them throughout the week in the most effective way possible.
- Creatively partner with parents to disciple their students.
- Prepare and deliver chapel lesson for the Early Learning Ministry’s weekly preschool chapel, on a rotation with other staff members.
- Be responsible for students during emergency situations. This includes administering first aid, taking students to the hospital, coordinating with parents and hospital personnel, removing students from dangerous situations, and generally ensuring the safety of the students.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower student and adult leaders to be a part of the Student Ministry.
- Lead the youth group program, including sound, lights and video through volunteers in such a way it could run in your absence.
- Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the student ministry.
- Address discipline issues following a Christ-like model to ensure the safety and well-being of students and individuals in the youth program. Partner with parents, following a Christ-like model, to address discipline issues with their children.
- Communicate effectively about the student ministry to parents, students, and church.
- Organize and lead conferences and retreats.
- Administer an annual online review for parents and students.
- Participate in staff meetings
- Plan and lead family Sunday with help of Children’s Ministry Director. This includes writing sermons, implementing media, planning and leading worship, coordinating servers and speakers, and planning. This Includes a graduation ceremony each year.
- Be prepared and willing to preach in BCC main & special worship services, as requested by the lead minister.
- Community Involvement & Outreach
- Pursue and maintain a relationship with local schools, seeking opportunities to be a consistent presence for students and faculty.
- Communicate with students regarding mission trip opportunities, and support the missions ministry at BCC through student involvement.
- Plan and host local outreach events for youth and their families.
The Student Minister will be ultimately accountable to the Board of Elders. They will proceed under the direction and supervision of the Lead Minister.
Address5874 Montclair Blvd
Milford, Ohio 45150
Weekly Attendance: 550
Contact InformationGarry Clark Phone: (513) 831-4373 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastside Christian Church (Milford, OH Northeast Cincinnati suburb) is looking for a Children’s Pastor that is able to continue to develop and lead the children’s ministry team (birth-4th grade). The job description is available upon request.
Posted: Oct 10, 2018
Address844 St. Rt. 131
Milford, Ohio 45150
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationTodd Jefferson Phone: (513) 607-3983 Email: email@example.com
The Worship Director of Milford Christian Church serves as the primary worship leader of the church. The Worship Director is to lead the congregation in praise to God and is responsible for the weekend experiences. The Worship Director is responsible for following the vision and mission of the church and leading the Staff and Congregation to fulfill this vision and mission in conjunction with the overseeing Ministers. The Worship Director reports to and works directly under the Minister over worship and alongside the Eldership to maintain the health and faithfulness of the church. This person should lead by example and should cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. The person in this role should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large and lead with integrity, courage, and humility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate & Develop Worship Services in cooperation with MCC Ministers
- Oversee special musical groups (i.e. Worship Choir, Ensembles, etc.)
- Develop continual musical abilities in musicians
- Help coordinate & design outreach events (Christmas Programs, Easter Events, Worship Nights, etc.)
- Continuing knowledge of current worship practices and styles.
- Coordinate and develop team leaders for greeters, ushers & communion servers in conjunction with the overseeing minister, elder, or team leader.
- Develop & Maintain the technical team
- Purchase and maintain technical equipment for the entire church under the supervision of the overseeing minister. (Lights, sound equipment, projectors, etc.)
- Counseling duties as needed and under the supervision of ministers
Pastoral duties (i.e. funerals, weddings, etc.) as needed
- Maintain a growing and deepening relationship with God
- Be a regular, consequential giver to the church
- Adhere to and teach the theological positions of the church
- Model the qualifications of an Elder (I Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9)
- Model Biblical community – participate in a regular group (Matt 5:23-24, Matt
- 18:15-17, Eph. 4:25-32)
- Model Biblical family life (Eph. 5:22-6:4)
- Model Biblical integrity (1 Timothy 6:11-12)
- Model Biblical humility (Phil 2:5-11)
- Maintain a proper budget for your ministry (including proper records, receipts, etc.)
- Must be willing to work on continuing education (seminars, conferences, additional degrees, etc.)
- Work on continual volunteer recruitment and training
- Help Ministers cast and develop vision for your ministry group including tangible goals
- Must be a team player
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers in ministry (i.e. other ministers,
- Must maintain consistent office hours
- Must attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Must have appropriate, current computer skills
- Must be able to do light physical work
- Must be able to work in conjunction with your overseeing minister – including proper
communication and developing a good working relationship.
- Experience with Pro Presenter and Planning Center Online
- Experience working with and leading teams of musicians and vocalists
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Posted: Oct 9, 2018
Address2931 W. Herbison Rd.
DeWitt, Michigan 48820
Weekly Attendance: 35-60
Contact InformationSarah Heckaman Phone: (517) 669-5000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently hiring for the position of senior minster. The Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation of DeWitt Christian Church (DCC). To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
- Shows a deep commitment to Christ and has His heart for all people.
- As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
- Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
- Places his membership with DCC.
- Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Christian Church.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5-year minimum) ministry at DCC
- Strong in biblical and expository preaching.
- History of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an outreach minded church.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in relevant field of ministry preferred
Salary: Defined by contract
Continuing education expenses
AddressP.O. Box 287
New Castle, Virginia 24127
Weekly Attendance: 100- 150 for two services
Contact InformationLarry Guthrie Phone: (540) 309-9195 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone who can provide a Christ centered service, visit, grow, learn, and relax in our beautiful country. We are located in the center of the Jefferson National Forest, located 20 miles from Roanoke/Salem and 25 miles from Blacksburg. We have lots of places to hike, fish, hunt, bike, and enjoy the beauty that God has made.
Address2500 Mount Vernon Ave
Point Pleasant, West Virginia 25550
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationDoug Hendrixson Phone: (304) 290-0044 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a godly man or woman who would work with our youth and develop them into disciples of Jesus Christ. We would also prefer one who could help in leading worship, but that can be worked with. We are a small church in a small town in West Virginia who are committed to passing along the faith to the next generation.
Posted: Oct 4, 2018
Address4265 N. Preston Hwy.
Shepherdsville, Kentucky 40165
Weekly Attendance: 140
Contact InformationTerry Gallagher Phone: (502) 957-5541 Fax: (502) 957-1611 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Denomination: Non-Denominational with a Restoration Church History
Church Size: 140 – 180
Job Type: Full-Time
At North Bullitt Christian Church, our vision is to be disciples and make disciples. Our goal is for the actions of our church to be a reflection of these values: be Biblically rooted; discipleship focused; outreach oriented; culturally sensitive; servant-minded; and, spiritually transforming.
We are currently searching for a Lead Minister who is passionately growing in the likeness of Jesus and is a visionary man looking to lead us forward as a community of faith. While being a strong equipper and exhorter, his gifting should include dynamic, practical and relevant preaching and teaching.
The ideal candidate should:
- Feel called to the Lead Minister position
- Have at least 5 years lead ministry experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with Bible background is preferred
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work with the leadership of the church in vision casting, planning, organization and administrative duties.
- Should be approachable, outgoing with a strong commitment to preparation
- Should be relationship focused and have the capability of leading, inspiring, coaching and providing spiritual encouragement to a team of ministry staff and non-paid leaders
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. Applicants should include a cover letter including (but not limited to) a brief synopsis of your salvation story, statement of faith, philosophy of ministry, and why you feel called to serve at North Bullitt Christian Church.