The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Feb 5, 2019
AddressPO Box 834
Madras, OR, Oregon 97741
Weekly Attendance: 35-50
Contact InformationPulpit Search Committee Phone: (541) 475-2115 Email: MCCPulpitCommittee@mail.com
Madras Christian Church, Madras, Oregon, A Bible-based church in a small community located in Central Oregon, is seeking a full time minister for its congregation that averages 35-45 in Sunday worship attendance. We are an independent Christian Church that is founded on the principles of the Restoration Movement. We believe in free will and that salvation is a free gift from God through his Son Jesus Christ. We believe that it is the choice of a person to either accept this gift or reject it. “Choose this day a blessing or a curse.” We believe that the Bible is the Holy Spirit inspired, infallible Word of God. The versions of text that are the closest to the original languages spoken by Christ, His disciples, and the prophets are version we accept and use as study and worship guides.
We believe in a plan of salvation that includes hearing and believing the Gospel, confessing Christ before witnesses, immersion baptism in water as a demonstration of faith and in obedience to the Great Commission and example by Christ to receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit. And lastly, living a Christian life as best we can until death.
Compensation consists of salary, vacation time, convention time and allowance, and continuing education expense assistance. These items are negotiable based on education, experience, and personal needs. In addition to the general ministerial duties of preaching, teaching, visitation and church camp participation, the successful candidate will desire to work to reach young adults, youth families, and to grow the youth age group (Middle School to High School). Interested individuals may submit a resume and a list of three professional/personal references to: MCCPulpitCommittee@mail.com or Ministry Search Committee, PO Box 834, Madras, Oregon 97741.
Contact InformationJay Russell Phone: (937) 372-9611 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time youth ministry
Working with grade school to high school ages.
Guiding volunteers and using a youth budget.
10 hours a week – more possible depending on student availability.
Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
All majors are welcomed to apply!
About North Side Christian Church
Local church interested in reaching the community for Jesus Christ. We Bring people to God, Build them up in faith, and Send them out to serve.
Posted: Feb 4, 2019
Address2000 Jonesboro Road
Contact InformationJulie Evans Phone: (770) 954-9332 Email: email@example.com
McDonough Christian Church
Job Description for Senior Minister
McDonough Christian Church exists to develop devoted followers of Jesus who love, imitate and duplicate him in their surrendered lives. We are a disciple making, community and mission oriented church in McDonough, Georgia.
The Senior Minister is responsible for providing vision and overall direction and administration of all church ministries, operations, programs and services; for providing biblical leadership and nourishment for the church; and for using his spiritual gifts and skills in the proclamation of the Gospel and pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community.
Must be proficient in preaching and teaching and exhibit the spiritual gifts of teaching, pastoral care, exhortation, and evangelism. Be highly organized and self-motivated, require minimal supervision; demonstrated leadership skills and have excellent people skills.
Must have at a minimum a Bachelors of Science degree in Bible Studies from an accredited college/university with an emphasis in preaching and teaching or equivalent experience. Must have a GPA of 3.0> and be in senior year.
Works directly under the general supervision of the Board of Elders in matters pertaining to McDonough Christian Church. Oversees all ministries and is an ex-officio member of all committees and ministry teams.
(1) Serve as the staff liaison to the Board of Elders.
(2) Function as the chief administrator for the church. This includes preparing the annual budget for review and approval by the Elders and congregation.
(3) Proclaim the Gospel to church members and to the lost of the world.
(4) Support McDonough Christian Church local and global ministry partners.
(5) Develop and monitor a plan to develop fully devoted followers of Jesus who love, imitate and duplicate Him in their surrendered lives.
(6) Create a worship environment that glorifies God and is attractive to disciple makers and the unchurched who are seeking God. This includes preaching at the majority of services and developing associate ministers who can also preach and teach.
(7) Hire Associate Pastors as needed in coordination with the Elders. Directly hire all other support staff. Provide leadership and direction to church staff.
(8) Provide pastoral care to the church body including funeral services and wedding ceremonies, as able, sharing and delegating to others on the staff responsibilities in this area.
(9) Perform, coach and equip church members to perform baptisms, communion and other ministry functions.
(10) Participate in disciple making by example by promoting and participating in relational community.
Basic Personal Responsibilities
(1) Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
(2) Maintain proper priorities in your home and be the spiritual leader if married.
(3) Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
(4) Financially support the ministries of McDonough Christian Church by faithfully giving a portion of your income to the church and it’s ministries.
Send resumes or inquiries to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Address12275 East Route 8
Quincy, Kentucky 41166
Weekly Attendance: 70-100
Contact InformationDanny Bentley Phone: (740) 352-7203 Email: email@example.com
Quincy Church of Christ
Youth Minister’s Job Description
- Oversee the planning and growth of the Student Ministry (7th-12th grade)
- Establish personal goals and a vision for the Student Ministry
- Incorporate the overall mission of QCoC into the Student Ministry
- Coordinate and equip adults to assist with the Student Ministry.
- During the year, you will need to keep in contact with adults as they lead the Children’s Ministry programs to ensure they have what they need, and that the program runs smoothly.
- To keep regular contact with the students to build proper relationships, provide encouragement, and promote unity within the youth group. This can be done via social media, phone calls, text messages, etc.
- Keep communication open with the minister and elders to ensure everyone is on the same page with the dealings of the church/youth (done through the attendance of monthly elders’ meetings)
- Help assist with various tasks (preaching, teaching, visiting, etc.) that will help grow and strengthen the church and its ministry as a whole.
6. Youth-centered tasks
- Teach and oversee the Jr./Sr. High program
- Teach Children’s Worship on Sunday mornings
- Work/Speak at Sugarloaf Christian Camp
- Help/lead Vacation Bible School
- Plan trips with the Jr./Sr. High (TCTC, Summer in the Son, etc…)
- Plan activities with the 6th grade and under (once a quarter)
- Plan activities with the Jr./Sr. High
- Help with the different planned events (Kidz Blitz, Trunk or Treat, etc…)
- Plan Youth Sundays (every 5th Sunday)
- Prepare Communion Meditations and also help serve when needed
7. Set a Christ-like example for everyone by growing in your relationship with Christ through prayer, reading and studying God’s Word, and serving God and others.
8. Assist the van ministry by driving one of the van routes on Wednesday or Sunday nights.
You may send resume to Danny Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the planning and growth of the Student Ministry (7th-12th grade)
Posted: Feb 1, 2019
Address137 Hopson Rd
Johnson City, Tennessee 37601
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationLarry Hammons Phone: (423) 928-4421 Email: email@example.com
- The primary responsibility of the Student Minister, therefore, is to work with the Elders, Deacons, and parents to plan and implement programs and activities for K-12th Grade students and their families that introduce them to Christ; disciples them in spiritual growth; and trains them to serve Christ with their life.
- On a secondary basis, and as time permits, the Student Minister will also assist other staff members in such ministry areas as evangelism, visitation, involvement, administration, and other areas of work as set forth in this job description or as directed by the Elders.
PRIMARY STRENGTHS AND DESIRED ABILITIES
- Practical experience accompanied by a Degree in Ministry from a reputable Restoration Movement institution or be in the process of earning that degree
- A deep-seated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passionate heart to minister to students and their families
- A demonstrable prayer life that seeks God’s wisdom and direction in all decision making
- The ability to communicate a caring, loving heart, coupled with the skills of an effective leader and manager.
- Gifts of leadership, teaching, and administration
- Shows a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics listed in 1 Timothy 3
- Demonstrates good management of personal and professional conflicts
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Team Ministry system would be particularly beneficial
- Demonstrates faith by discovering solutions and investigating all ministry possibilities.
- Agreement with core values of the church (see http://www.jesusiscentral.com/beliefs)
- Active, energetic and in good physical and mental health
- Enthusiastic and personable, an effective listener, and takes constructive criticism well
- Spiritual leader of home and keeps personal finances in order
- Gross salary package will be determined based on education and years of experience in ministry.
- Weeks of vacation and personal days off will be determined based on years of service in ministry.
- A budget for continuing education and conferences will be provided.
- The gross salary package may include money for medical insurance and retirement investment