The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Aug 21, 2018
Address34 El Verano Ave.
Arcadia, Florida 34266
Weekly Attendance: 50
Contact InformationDave Woodrum Phone: (863) 494-4355 Email: email@example.com
The First Christian Church of Arcadia is searching for a part-time worship director. The position would entail planning our morning worship, playing piano for Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday night. At this time we cannot offer a salary but we do offer a nice two bed, 1 bath house free of charge in exchange. This position would be ideal for someone retired that would like to relocate to sunny Florida. This is a wonderful and supporting church. This is a small close knit community that is within driving distance of Port Charlotte, Ft. Myers, and Sarasota. Please email Pastor Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please feel free to email anytime.
Posted: Aug 20, 2018
Address7089 Neave Milford Rd
Brooksville, Kentucky 41004
Weekly Attendance: 200-245
Contact InformationTyler Hartzel Phone: (859) 391-6841 Email: email@example.com
Milford Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational Christian Church located in rural Bracken County, Kentucky. We are a quickly growing church dedicated to exalting our Lord and Savior, evangelizing through our witness and equipping our saints through Godly service. Our weekly attendance falls in the range of 200-215 people, with a quarter of those being represented by our youth.
Within the past year we completed phase one of our building project; including a multi-purpose room, 8 classrooms, outdoor picnic and play area as well as an outdoor basketball court.
As of October 2017 we have a brand-new youth minister parsonage. The parsonage consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a spacious living area and large yard.
We are currently looking for a male youth minister with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Christian University or College with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better. We are looking to hire someone with some ministry experience and up to date references.
Applicants need to:
- Know Jesus as their personal Savior and have a passion to grow in their personal relationship with him.
- Have a desire to teach youth from pre-school to 12th grade and help them develop and grow their relationship with Jesus.
- Be able to take initiative and be innovative.
- Have vision, ability and the knowhow to grow a youth group.
If you have any inquires please contact Tyler Hartzel @ (859) 391-6841
Submit all applications to Tyler Hartzel @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Address1207 East Tenth Street
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina 27870
Weekly Attendance: 100-110
Contact InformationTerry Wheeler Email: email@example.com
East Tenth Street Church of Christ in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina announces an opening for the position of Senior Minister.
East Tenth Street Church offers an encouraging and supportive church family, where the minister serves as a valued part of the team. The love that this congregation shows to its ministers is evidenced in the fact that the church has had only two preaching ministers for the past 63 years. The current minister is leaving after 19 years to take a position at a Christian college, while his predecessor served at the church for 44 years.
Roanoke Rapids is a friendly small town located on I-95, which offers many local benefits including affordable living, as well as convenient access to lakes, a river, state parks, golf, hunting and fishing. However, it is also within easy driving distance of major metropolitan areas, the beach and the mountains. (Raleigh and Richmond are both about 1.5 hours away; Washington, D.C. is 3-4 hours away; beaches are 2-4 hours away; and the mountains are 4-6 hours away.)
The church offers a competitive pay package (based on the candidate’s education and experience), including relocation expenses.
We invite you to partner with us as we make disciples, as we show and share the love of Christ, and as we serve the Lord together.
Responsibilities in this position including preaching, teaching, pastoral care, leadership and administrative responsibilities in the church. The right candidate will love the Lord with all their heart, and their neighbors as themselves. Candidates should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a master’s degree preferred. Ministry experience will also be a consideration in the hiring process, alongside the candidate’s character and ability.
The church is open to hiring either a permanent full-time person for this role, or an interim minister who could serve in a transitional role for 8-12 months. Please indicate whether you are applying for the permanent or interim position.
Please submit your resume by email to Terry Wheeler, Search Team Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or submit it by mail to:
Terry Wheeler, Search Team Chairperson
East Tenth Street Church of Christ
1207 East Tenth Street
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
Candidates are also welcome to include a sermon CD and/or a link to a sermon, with the resume.
Address301 S Pearl St
Knox, Indiana 46534
Contact InformationFirst Christian Church Phone: (574) 772-3624 Email: email@example.com
Knox, IN. First Christian Church
Position: Full Time Pastor
Congregation: 40-50 average attendance
Affiliation: Christian Church/Church of Christ
Salary Range: Competitive based on experience
Experience Sought: Flexible
DATE: Available: Immediate
EDUCATION LEVEL SOUGHT:
First Christian Church
c/o Pastor Church Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
301 S Pearl St. Website: www.fccknox.org
Knox, IN 46534 Town Information: http://www.cityofknox.net
Small congregation in Knox Indiana looking for full time pastor to lead and shepherd our congregation and help our church grow; our current pastor has been called to another ministry. Knox, a city of about 3,700 residents, is in northern Indiana 6 miles south of US 30. We are seeking an energetic, and inspiring individual as full time pastor. Experience as a pastor is desired but not required.
The successful candidate will be strong in preaching the word and truths of the Bible; flexible in presentation styles a plus. Our pastor should be a leader and good at fostering relationships. Be ready to lead a weekly bible study. Our other top priorities are prayer, outreach, and missions.
Please submit resume with 3 references and an audio or visual of past sermon by mail or email to above address. We will take resumes until position is filled, thank you.
Pastor Search Committee
First Christian Church, Knox, IN
Address6275 Howards Mill Road
Mt. Sterling, Kentucky 40353
Weekly Attendance: 25
Contact InformationConnie Ford Phone: (606) 782-0122 Email: email@example.com
This position is for youth leader. As youth leader the primary responsibility is to develop a youth program and grow youth attendance. This position will also be to lead church services(singing, announcements, communion, etc.) on occasion and fill in when Head Pastor is out. Coordinate with the Head Pastor to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday/Sunday evening/Wednesday services and special services. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events. Participate in home visits. The candidate should be outgoing, love children and be a role model and mentor for those around. Attend Board Meetings and participate in the planning of the church to accomplish the mission and vision of the Church. This position will be 8-10 hours per week. The pay is $125 per week.
Posted: Aug 17, 2018
AddressPO Box 179
Timpson, Texas 75975
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationTom Amos Phone: (936) 254-2869 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodland Christian Church in Timpson, Texas is prayerfully seeking a minister to preach the gospel in our community. We are seeking to disciple our members and to save the lost. Prefer a graduate of a restoration Bible College. For more information contact Tom Amos (elder) 936-254-2869 or email –email@example.com
Posted: Aug 15, 2018
Address300 Park Row
Snow Hill, Maryland 21863
Weekly Attendance: 32
Contact InformationDale Jacobs Phone: (302) 436-5974 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Snow Hill Christian Church is looking for someone to replace their part-time minister who will turn 80 in December 2018. A former Disciples of Christ congregation, the members voted unanimously 1n 2010 to leave the Disciples. It’s a very friendly, outgoing congregation that is open to growth. Dale Jacobs, their present minister, has been with them since January 2009. Attendance runs between 24-40. Services are held on Sunday mornings at 11 am in the winter and 10 am in the summer, with Sunday School at 10 am during the winter. Located in the county seat of Worcester County (near Ocean City and Salisbury, MD). The part-time position pays well. Overnight housing is available. Would make a good tentmaker ministry that could work into a fulltime position. We would also consider a seminary student that could provide a summer position until graduation. The ability to play a musical instrument or to lead singing is a plus.
To respond, please contact Dale Jacobs at 302-436-5974 or email@example.com.
AddressSoutheastern, Indiana Southwest, Ohio, and North Central Kentucky
Contact InformationAaron Snelling Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The W.C.E.F. is seeking a preaching minister to work with our Church plant. We are looking for a man with a Bachelor’s degree from a Restoration College with at least some preaching experience. Candidate must be willing to relocate and work well with others. Start Date is October 2018. Interested Candidates should send a Statement of beliefs and doctrine along with resume and references. Send to email@example.com
Posted: Aug 14, 2018
Address1403 Glenview Drive
Glasgow, Kentucky 42141
Weekly Attendance: 160+
Contact InformationDavid Mackie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenview Christian Church in Glasgow, KY is searching for a Full Time (40+ hours a week) Student and Worship Pastor. The primary responsibility for this position will be to oversee the Student ministry (grades 6-college) and Worship ministry of our church. We currently have a great team of volunteers in place for both ministries. We need a leader who will provide leadership, vision, direction, and training for these ministries. A full job description is available upon request. Our church currently averages 160+ in worship and is poised for growth. Our staff includes a Lead Pastor, Office Administrator, and Children’s Director. To find out more about our church visit www.glenviewchristian.org. Please email resumes and any supporting materials to our Lead Pastor, David Mackie (email@example.com). The position will be considered open until it is filled.
Posted: Aug 13, 2018
Address937 Cincinnati-Batavia Pike
Cincinnati, Ohio 45245
Weekly Attendance: 250
Contact InformationTerry L. Peer Phone: (513) 753-8223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to a Restoration minded Christian man who is willing to join a ministry staff team of Children’s Minister, Associate Minister and Preaching Minister, who will be accountable to the elders of the church. Candidate must be sound in faith, doctrine, and Christian life values. Given that we already have a Children’s minister, the focus of the position will be on Teen Ministry. If the candidate has limited youth ministry experience, mentoring for the position is available.
Posted: Aug 10, 2018
Address1825 S Alma School Rd
CHANDLER, Arizona 85286
Weekly Attendance: 3000+
Contact InformationAnna Martin Phone: (480) 963-3997 Email: email@example.com
Junior High Students Pastor
- Oversee all aspects of Compass Junior High Ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer teams to carry out ministry.
- Implement outreach and evangelism efforts to bring new students into the Compass ministry.
- Implement discipleship for Compass Students.
- Ensure prayer coverage for all aspects of ministry.
Key Ministry Focus Areas
- Weekend ministries
- Evangelism system
- Discipleship process
- Effective Volunteer & Leadership Teams
- Vibrant weekend programs that are attractional, engaging and growing in attendance.
- Effective and consistent processes and events that reach out to unchurched students and families, bringing them to environments where they’ll hear about Jesus.
- New baptisms.
- System that consistently grows students into disciples of Jesus who are in the Word, regular prayer, life authentic community and missional serving.
- Effectively recruiting, training and caring for volunteers and leaders.
- Based on success of key ministry focus areas and results.
- Tracking according to Quarterly 3X3 SMART Goals.
- Quarterly evaluation with supervisor.
Address2569 State Route 2834
Sturgis, Kentucky 42459
Weekly Attendance: 10
Contact InformationConnie Ratley Phone: 1 (270) 577-1178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conduct Sunday morning worship service, approximately 1.5 hours.
Conduct midweek Bible Study, approximately 1 hour.
Visit the sick, shut ins, and nursing home as needed.
Posted: Aug 8, 2018
AddressPO Box 1286
Warsaw, Virginia 22572
Weekly Attendance: 500
Contact InformationKent Childers Phone: (804) 986-8604 Email: email@example.com
Job Description – Student Minister
The Student Minister will work with the staff and elders in leading ministries of the church from Middle School-High School. He or she will also be committed to pursuing growth in 3 vital relationships (intimacy with God, fellowship with believers, and influence non-believers).
Reports To And Is Doctrinally Accountable To:
The church Elders
- RCofC uses Orange curriculum and is committed to the Orange strategy of (1) engaging students, (2) partnering with parents and (3) equipping volunteers. This connects to our strategy we also use for early childhood and children’s ministries. The candidate selected for this job must be familiar with Orange strategy and committed to implementing and updating it at Rappahannock Church of Christ.
- Lead ministries from Middle School through High School, working closely with church staff and volunteer leaders. The ultimate goal is partnering with parents in leading students to Christ and also equipping them to be lifetime disciples.
- Recruit volunteers to serve in RCofC’s student ministry large group and small group environments and implement a plan for the ongoing education, training, and support of these volunteers.
- Implement a strategy to ensure worker application forms, background checks, and ministry covenants are completed for all volunteer youth workers.
- Promote student involvement at weekly teen worship services.
- Plan outreach events which are geared toward teens from the community.
- Create opportunities for students to serve in the congregation, locally, and globally.
- Assist the church staff and congregation as needed.
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Strong Christian character and Christ-like example.
- The ability to lead students to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience in successfully recruiting, training and supervising leaders in Middle School and High School Ministry.
- Commitment to partnering with parents and helping them to be equipped and trained to provide for the spiritual formation of their teens.
- A passion for Student Ministry and teens as demonstrated by previous experience as a staff member or volunteer in a church.
- Commitment to working with the elders and staff in helping the Student Ministry compliment and strengthen the overall ministry of Rappahannock Church of Christ.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to recognize, accept and promote teamwork as a servant leader who can work side by side with volunteers.
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited Bible College is preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in student ministry is required.
Posted: Aug 7, 2018
Address1130 Dale Ave.
Corydon, Indiana 47112
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationFrank Spalding Phone: (812) 738-8253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position. Salary is negotiable based upon experience and needs.
We ask that interested individuals fill out our Children’s Minister Questionnaire and submit it with a resume. Our questionnaire can be downloaded at www.lincolnhillschristian.com/open-positions.
Lincoln Hills Christian Church is a non-denominational church in Southern Indiana about 20 minutes west of Louisville, Kentucky. Our average weekly attendance ranges from 375 to 425.
We are looking to hire a Children’s Minister who will cast vision and create a culture in which children and parents are totally invested in following Jesus.
Address1400 E St Rd 62
Madison, Indiana 47250
Weekly Attendance: 800
Contact InformationGordon Judge Phone: (812) 273-1601 Email: email@example.com
North Madison Christian Church in Madison, IN is searching for a full time Worship Experience Pastor who is responsible for leading and creating a culture of irresistible environments that draw people to Jesus and help those already following Jesus to take their next step. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include video links or attachments of leading experience. A detailed job description is available upon request.