The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jun 26, 2017
AddressP.O. Box 32
Harrison, Ohio 45030
Contact InformationPatrice Gillespie Phone: (513) 206-4297 Email: email@example.com
Sunset Avenue Christian Church in Harrison, Ohio (meeting at 220 Sunset Avenue in Harrison, OH) is seeking a part-time minister (20-25 hours weekly) for the primary needs of church growth, pastoral care, and share preaching/teaching duties for Sunday morning/evening and Wednesday evening Bible Studies. We have grown over the last two years and are seeking a person who is a good “fit” for the congregation committed to church growth. The qualities of the person we need are:
- Must be comfortable with a traditional (hymns and choruses) style of worship.
- Ability to prepare and preach/ teach God’s Word with Biblically sound, expository sermons and/or lessons.
- Must be compassionate and deeply love people of all ages. Prefer someone with an outgoing personality who meets people well.
- Must be willing to work with our current leadership to achieve the objectives set for the church (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Should have some experience in preaching ministry.
- A commitment to help us build a something special
We are seeking someone with a flexible weekly schedule and not simply a weekend ministry. We also would prefer someone who lives in a reasonable proximity to the church. We will consider a seasoned minister or mature student who is committed to ministry, willing to learn, and will adhere to the above criteria. Compensation will be discussed. For a position description and background information please send a request to the email listed.
Send resume with cover letter/letter of interest to:
SACC Screening Team
P.O. Box 32
Harrison, OH 45030
Posted: Jun 23, 2017
Address6900 Market Ave N
Canton, Ohio 44721
Weekly Attendance: 1600
Contact InformationJimmy McLoud Phone: (330) 456-2600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Ministry Pastor/Director
Job Status: Full-time
Department: Disability Ministry
Direct Report: Executive Pastor
Position Summary: The Disability Ministry Pastor / Director leads and oversees all components of First Christian’s Disability Ministry.
About this Position
The Disability Ministry Pastor / Director provides both vision and direct leadership to all the components of the Disability Ministry for First Christian Church. Components included are Weekend Ministry (Hidden Treasures & Shine), Weekday ministry (First Christian Day Services), Community Partnerships (Challenger Baseball, Stark Public Special Olympics, Volunteer Guardianship, Cherished Community Choir), and Big Events (Prom, Disability Ministry Sunday, Respite, DD Mission Trips).
Defining the “Win”
Your success will be measured by:
- Foster the spiritual development of individuals affected by disability within the programs of First Christian Church.
- Connecting new people from the Disability Community to First Christian Church.
- Resource and offer supports to parents of children affected by disability.
- Empowering individuals affected by disability to actively serve inside and outside of First Christian Church.
- Increasing Prom & Respite attendance yearly (volunteers & guests).
- Continue existing community partnerships and creating new partnerships.
The Most Important Things You’ll Be Responsible For
- Provide the spiritual leadership for all the components of the Disability Ministry of First Christian Church.
- Be the primary teacher within the Hidden Treasures class and First Christian Day Services during faith electives. Set the yearly teaching schedule. Create lesson plans. Recruit and train other teachers.
- Take a leadership role in all big events (Prom, Disability Ministry Sunday, Respite, DD Mission Trips).
- Help to facilitate community partnerships. In order to grow ministries inside the church it is important to be outwardly focused. We want a leader who will help FCC to be a blessing to the Disability Community.
- Be a leader of leaders. The Disability Ministry of First Christian Church literally reaches hundreds of families and individuals in our community. In order to be effective you must be able to multiply yourself and empower volunteers to take on key roles.
- Connect families to FCC.
- Empower individuals affected by disability to not only discover their giftedness, but to use their spiritual gifts.
Some Important Qualities We Value In This Role
- It goes without saying, but we will say it… You must love Jesus and people affected by disabilities!
- Must be a good communicator.
- Be a visionary leader. You must be able to see what could be and should be and then go after it. The field of Disability Ministry is very much in its infancy. So taking vision and being an innovator is important.
- In the world of Disability Ministry one of the top traits that will help with ministry success is the ability to be flexible.
- Going along with being flexible you must be patient. Disability Ministry is often a ministry of interruptions.
- Be an advocate. (Proverbs 31:8)
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ministry Degree, preferred
- 5 years’ experience in the Disability Ministry field, or related experience
- Large church experience
- Base knowledge of the theology of Disability Ministry
How to Apply
Submit an application, resumé with references, and cover letter in PDF format to Jimmy McLoud, Executive Pastor. email@example.com
Address172 Apple Valley Road
Chilhowie, Virginia 24319
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationFrank Branson Phone: (276) 759-5686 Fax: (276) 646-5835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Minister – Chilhowie Christian Church
Overview of Position:
This is a full time position available to the selected candidate to lead, guide and direct church activities, functions and programs under the oversight of the Senior Minister and the Board of Elders of Chilhowie Christian Church. The position requires a committed passion for seeking the lost, growing the saved and helping the needy within our local and outreaching communities.
Summary of preferred qualifications:
We are seeking an individual that possesses—
- An unwavering love for Jesus Christ which in turn produces unconditional love for His people.
- 5 to 10 years of full time ministry experience that includes management of church programs, functions and finances.
- A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation. The candidate should feel comfortable working autonomously to create and implement ideas, events, programs, improvements, etc.
- A high degree of team building and mentoring skills that will promote and enhance volunteers and paid staff efforts.
- A high degree of organizational and PC skills that will include but not be limited to WORD, EXCEL, PRO PRESENTER, etc.
- Communications skills both written and oral, grounded in the Holy Bible that produces attention, clarity and motivation to achieve the mission and purpose of the universal church of Jesus Christ.
- Creativity and devotion to deliver ideas, events, programs, messages, etc. with excellence and consistency.
- A humble, “can-do” attitude that places themselves at the feet of the people and a willingness to do all they can to bring the kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven.
Posted: Jun 22, 2017
AddressPO Box 1653
Stanton, Kentucky 40380
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationDarryl Abner, Board Chair Phone: (606) 663-5002 Email: email@example.com
Stanton Christian Church is seeking a senior minister who has a passion for and focuses on preaching, pastoral care, outreach, church growth, and leadership. Candidate must have a degree from an accredited Bible College and good Biblical knowledge. A minimum of five years ministerial experience preferred.
Posted: Jun 21, 2017
Address1578 Dayton Rd NE
Newark, Ohio 43055
Weekly Attendance: 210
Contact InformationGus Andrews Phone: (740) 345-3900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Licking Valley Church is looking for a worship minister able to move us from a blended to a more contemporary worship format.
Address1282 Clarksburg Rd
Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationHeather Insko Phone: (606) 541-1761 Email: email@example.com
Fly Branch Church of Christ is seeking a part-time minister who is enthusiastic and a Faithful Steward of God. We are a small country congregation located in Lewis County, Kentucky. Our church wants to grow spiritually and numerically; we want as many people to hear the Word of God as possible. We are asking God to guide and direct us in our search to find the best minister for our family congregation. The part-time position will have the possibility of becoming full-time and salary is dependent upon experience. If interested, please send a resume with three references and an optional 10-15 minute CD or video with a sermon of yours.
Gather: We come together to worship and praise God. (Psalm34:3)
Grow: We nurture people to commit to a closer walk with the Lord. (Ephesians 4:12-13)
Glorify: We proclaim and lift-up Jesus so that the lost may see and find him. (Romans 1:16)
In Essentials- Unity
In Non-Essentials- Liberty
In All Things- Love
Send resumes to:
2039 W KY 10
Tollesboro, KY 41189
Fly Branch Church of Christ
1282 Clarksburg Road
Vanceburg, KY 41179
Posted: Jun 20, 2017
Address908 8th St
Covington, Indiana 47932
Weekly Attendance: 160
Contact InformationEarl Peyton Phone: (765) 793-3267 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCC of Covington, IN is a small town body of believers, located in the farming region of Western Indiana. The congregation was established in 1901. Half or more of the membership lives within blocks of the church facilities. Covington is a great town to walk in or bike as the weather permits. There are hiking/bike trails, a good park with large playground, sporting venues and a city pool within walking distance of the church facilities. The elementary, middle, and high schools are also a short walk just a few blocks away. The congregation averages about 160 in attendance. Leadership is comprised of three elders, seven deacons and one Lead Minister and one Youth Minister at the present time. We currently have two morning services. We have multiple life groups at different times. We have a good mix and balance of all ages from babies to several in their 90’s. From Covington it is only a 12 minute drive to Hanging Rock Christian Assembly which is an outstanding Christian camp among our brotherhood, offering many venues of activities for youth and churches.
Check out our website at covingtonfcc.com for more information about FCC.
Please send resume to Earl Peyton, 908 8th Street, Covington, IN 47932. Phone 765-793-3267.
Other information will be discussed with applicant.
Posted: Jun 16, 2017
Address924 Mission Lane
Show Low, Arizona 85901
Contact InformationLeslie Solliday Phone: (928) 537-5912 Fax: (928) 537-5620 Email: email@example.com
House Parents for Girls Dorm
The American Indian Christian Mission is looking for a married couple who is mission minded and likes to work with children. AICM has a boarding school for Apache and Navajo children (3rd– 8th grade). It is located near Show Low Arizona in the beautiful White Mountains. House parents take care of students in our dormitory during the week (off during school hours & weekends). Minimum qualifications: high school diploma, at least 21 years of age and is a good Christian role model. Prefer that one or both persons have some type of child care experience or has a degree in youth ministry, counseling etc, has CPR training and is active in a Christian Church congregation. Base salary is $16,000 per year for a couple. Package includes housing, utilities, and food (equivalent to a salary of around $32,000). You will have the opportunity to raise more support as a missionary if needed. Also, if your spouse wants a part time position we may have some opening in other areas. See AICM website at www.aicm.org for an application (click on the “About AICM” tab and then “Employment”). Please print out the application, fill it out and send it to – Attention: Leslie Solliday – 924 Mission Lane, Show Low, AZ 85901. We would like to fill this position for the next school year starting in August, 2017; however we can make arrangements if you unable to come until September. If you would like a job description or have any questions contact: Leslie Solliday, Executive Director, (928) 537-5912 or (928) 207-6764 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Jun 15, 2017
Address2394 Mt.Pleasant Road
Bedford, Indiana 47421
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationJeff Hudelson Phone: (812) 275-5000 Email: email@example.com
We are seeking a self-starter who is interested in building relationships with the families who attend here. We are looking for someone who can build a program that directs people into a deeper and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. This associate ministry position is primarily focused on helping unconnected people get deeper in faith and relationships.
Address2439 Mt.Pleasant Road
Bedford, Indiana 47421
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationJeff Hudelson Phone: (812) 275-5000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionWe are seeking a self-starter who is interested in building relationships with students and who can work with a talented and experienced staff of volunteers. The youth minister would primarily be responsible for leading the student ministries here (grades 6-12), but would be expected to engaged in our children’s ministry and to partner with our children’s minister as needed.
Posted: Jun 14, 2017
Weekly Attendance: 320
Contact InformationEmail: RCCjobs@googlegroups.com
Position DescriptionRichwood Church of Christ is located in a rural setting within a 30 minute drive of the Columbus metro area. We are an instrumental, multi-generational church with many young families. We are searching for a Preaching and Teaching Pastor to join our team and help further the vision we have been given: to gather people to Jesus’ family, grow them into fully devoted Christ followers, and equip them to give with their spiritual gifts as we go share God’s love with the church and the world, in order to glorify God.For more information see our website: www.richwood.churchTo apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: email@example.com (preferred) or 133 S. Franklin St., Richwood, OH 43344
Trenton, Michigan 48183
Weekly Attendance: 1,500+
Contact InformationBrett Kays Phone: (734) 675-7575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southpoint Church is looking for the right person to lead the strategy and methodology of our Community Life Ministry through a team of committed volunteers and staff across all 3 campuses.
Our mission is to Win Downriver (the region south of Detroit with 350,000 people) to Christ by creating committed, connected, and contributing Christians. Southpoint is non-denominational (Christian Churches) with over 1,500 avg. weekend attendance.
We’re looking for a team-building leader who:
-Can turn the vision of Southpoint into a workable plan for increasing participation and quality of our small groups.
-Works well with and through others and excels at developing leaders around them.
-Can facilitate connection through groups so they become the focus of pastoral care and missional service.
Will report directly to the Operations Minister.
Salary will be competitive and include health, dental, vision, paid vacation, and retirement benefits.
Bible college bachelors degree is preferred.
Posted: Jun 13, 2017
Address105 East Main Street
Paden City, WV 26159
Contact InformationElders Phone: (304) 337-8650
The Paden City Christian Church is currently looking to hire a minister. We are a small congregation in a small town. We average 60 people on Sunday mornings. The congregation consists of several older members who have been faithful for many years.
We have a parsonage for the minister and his family to live in. The utilities of gas, electric, water, and sewage will be paid for by the church. Payden City is a small community consisting of around 2,000 people. We have an elementary school in town as well as a high school which contains around 190 students, grades 7-12. The job will become available sometime after June 18, 2017. Applicants will go through an interview and will be asked to preach a trial sermon.
Anyone interested in this ministry may contact the church office at 304-337-8650 between the hours of 9:00 a.m and 12:00 p,m. Monday through Friday. You may also send a resume to the following address:
Paden City Christian Church
105 East Main Street
Paden City, WV 26159
Address890 Amherst Road
Lima, Ohio 45806
Weekly Attendance: 135
Contact InformationKenny Rader Phone: (513) 939-5250 Email: email@example.com
Our current youth minister is moving into a senior minister position at another church. We are looking to get a new youth minister as soon as possible to keep the youth program going.
Main Focus: Jr High & Senior High Youth but also work with all youth and youth activities.
Teach Sr. High Sunday School and lead Sr. High Youth Meetings.
Teach 1 of the 2 Sunday morning Jr Church/Children’s Church classes
Plan and orchestrate various youth activities, trips, parties
Work with the senior minister in various ways.
Music ability and/or ability to lead church music would be great
We have 2 Sunday morning worship services: 1st service is traditional/blended chorus; 2nd service is contemporary.
Check us out on FB and our website: rousculpchurch.org
Address172 Southgate Drive
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324
Weekly Attendance: 200 students
Contact InformationKathleen Mallory Phone: (502) 868-9393 Fax: (502) 370-4766 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCA is seeking candidates for teaching positions in the following areas:
- PE (K- 12th)
- Music (Preschool – 12th)
- Technology (K- 12th)
- Bible (6th – 12th)
While these are listed as part-time, qualified individuals willing and able to teach multiple subjects may be considered for fulltime employment.
Job Description – Teacher (Elementary, Middle, High School)
The Essentials: A PCA School Teacher
- Is a Christian who fully understands and supports PCA’s Statement of Faith and performs his/her duties in such a way as to reflect the Statement of Faith
- Is an active church member in good standing at local Christian church
- Cooperates with administration and other faculty and staff in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school
- Teaches classes as assigned, following the prescribed scope and sequence as outlined in the grade level curriculum guides
- Integrates Biblical principles and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and in all extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrates the spiritual maturity, academic qualifications, and personal qualities to “train up a child in the way he/she should go”
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in an educational field related to elementary, middle, or high school education. A minimum of three to five years of successful employment experience in a classroom setting is preferred. Teachers with less experience will be considered, but may be required to complete a mentorship program during their first year of employment with PCA.
SKILLS: Participative work style that reflects an ability to give and receive feedback. Possess the ability to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, parents, and representatives in the community.
Teacher exhibits professional communication skills, both written and oral, in contacts within and outside of the organization. Displays the ability to maintain confidentiality of personal information of staff, students, and families. Supports the mission of PCA through words and actions and serves as a positive, Christian role model for students, parents, and fellow faculty and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the supervision and overall management of the classroom, including all facets involving the students, families, and employees.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, uncluttered, well-ordered classroom
- Conduct parent conferences as scheduled and whenever needed
- Build and maintain Christ-like relationships; demonstrate high expectations for all students and staff with a commitment to providing the support required to attain Christ-like standards
- Maintain complete student records; update RenWeb weekly to inform parents of anticipated daily class assignments
- Attend and participate in Morning Prayer time and regularly-scheduled staff meetings
- Support the implementation of school-based student discipline policies and monitor all safety and security concerns
- Prepare weekly lesson plans
- Obtain approval for all special guests and/or field trips
- Maintain compliance with PCA and Harmony Christian Church policies
- Clock in or complete time sheets and document hours and paid time off
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information accessed in the performance of duties. Such information includes, but is not limited to, personal financial information, family situations, employment actions, salary information, etc. Any breech of this confidentiality is grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including immediate dismissal from PCA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator
Physical Requirements: Able to stand for prolonged periods, bending, stooping, and stretching. Has sufficient eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photo copier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Possess a normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Position requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Mental Requirements: Be able to give, receive, and analyze information, prepare written material, and input information into a computer. Teacher must understand people and effectively communicate with them, answering questions in a professional and friendly manner. The position requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt Full-time
CONTRACT PERIOD: August to May
SALARY RANGE: Salary formula calculated by base salary, educational degree, and years of experience
REPORTS TO: PCA Administrator