The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Address3123 S. 500 W.
New Palestine, Indiana 46163
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationTodd Beale Phone: (317) 861-5407 Email: email@example.com
We are looking to reach young families and believe that someone who has a young family would best be able to reach their peers.
We are searching for a Family Life Minister to work with young families, including the parents, children, and youth.
A successful candidate will relate well with all age groups, not just those they will be working with.
You will need to get out and engage in life with those you are ministering to, rather than sit in an office and wait for them to come to you.
You should have a flexible schedule, and be able to allocate the proper amount of time with each group you are working with, depending on the need.
The Family Life Minister will focus primarily on families with younger children (elementary age), but will also work with older youth (Jr./Sr. High).
This will include:
Peer mentoring and training with parents (small groups, and outings)
Oversee children’s ministry (recruiting and training volunteers, developing curriculum, coordinating with preschool to reach out to preschool families)
Work with our youth program, and plan outings for our youth (mission trips, Bible College tours, CIY events, camp, concerts, retreats, etc.)
Salary $25-30K depending on experience
PLUS parsonage (or possibly housing allowance)
PLUS health insurance
PLUS life insurance
PLUS pension contribution
New Palestine is a bedroom community on the far east side of Indianapolis.
Southern Hancock School district is one of the top performing districts in the state of Indiana.
The district was awarded an “A” by the Indiana Department of Education.
New Palestine High School is a recipient of the National Blue Ribbon Award.
Newsweek Magazine chose New Palestine High School as one of the best high schools in the country.
Posted: Aug 25, 2016
Address1420 Illini Drive
O'Fallon, Illinois 62269
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationRobert Smith Phone: (618) 632-6361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Friendship Company Christian Preschool and Child Care Center has an opening for a director.
The Director of The Friendship Company Christian Preschool and Child Care Center must have a passion for ministry with preschool children and their families. The Director must have strong organizational skills and the ability to understand and manage the complexities of a church-based Christian preschool and child care center. This person should be able to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with parents, children, and staff. The Director should demonstrate a commitment to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with children and their families. As a ministry of Central Christian Church, the director must also adhere to the leadership standards of the church.
Minimum qualifications are a bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in Early Childhood Education or related field. Responsibilities include various administration duties, family involvement, staff hiring and development, curriculum development as well as maintaining professional standards of the center. Salary commensurate with experience. A full job description can be found at bit.ly/fc-director.
Interested individuals should send cover letter and resume to The Friendship Company, Attention Director Position, 1420 Illini Drive, O’Fallon, IL 62269 or email to email@example.com.
Address701 Menasha Ave.
Ladysmith, Wisconsin 54848
Weekly Attendance: 200
Website: http:// www.ladysmithfcc.com
Contact InformationJulie Schreiber Administrative Assistant/Secretary Phone: (715) 532-7093 Fax: (715) 532-7094 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Denominational / Community Church
POSITION: FT Lead Pastor
CONGREGATION SIZE: 200
SALARY RANGE: Compensation based on education and experience
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s degree in Ministerial Studies or equivalent
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT: Preferred
Ladysmith is a city of 3,000+ in rural northwestern Wisconsin. Ladysmith First Church of Christ has been led for past 10 years by a good pastor who has encouraged us to invite and invest in making disciples of Jesus. Due to medical needs, Pastor Donn and his family are moving to Rochester, MN.
We are seeking a lead pastor who has a heart for evangelism, preaching and encouraging small group Bible study and fellowship. The candidate should be able to help people develop their spiritual gifts and encourage them to relate their faith to their daily life.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter, resume with credentials and references to Julie Schreiber at the above address.
Posted: Aug 24, 2016
Address10152 East Coe Road
Saint Louis, Michigan 48880
Weekly Attendance: 90
Contact InformationDennis Fowler Phone: (989) 681-3185 Email: email@example.com
Coe Church of Christ
10152 E. Coe Rd.
St. Louis, MI 48880
Position: Pulpit Minister, full-time
Parsonage: Yes, 4 bedroom
Job Description: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and preaching Bible-based sermons for Sunday worship
- Teaching Wednesday evening class and possible other classes as needed
- Meeting with our elders weekly to pray, plan and provide updates on our work
- Officiating at weddings and funerals of our congregation members
- Providing spiritual counseling for members when needed
- Visiting our members in the hospital and at home to pray and encourage them
- Coordinating worship assemblies as needed with worship leaders
The Coe Church of Christ has an immediate opening for a pulpit minister who is motivated to reach out and help us grow the church while strengthening the current members. Our church, 150+ years strong, located in rural central Michigan, is very blessed to have a close-knit, caring congregation who love to serve the Lord. One of our primary goals is to reach out to young families with children, so we have a strong emphasis on youth and family ministry. Currently, we have three elders and two deacons overseeing, and working alongside, our ministry teams.
The qualified candidate we are seeking will be one who is a humble man with a servant’s heart, has a dynamic personality and presence in the pulpit, and is doctrinally sound. He must be able to communicate easily with people of all ages and genders. Additional abilities include effective preaching, teaching and interpersonal skills, willingness to work with our elders, deacons and ministry team leaders in planning and implementing programs and activities for our congregation, and also the ability to solve problems and address issues in a firm, Bible-based, appropriate and discrete manner. Proficient computer skills and familiarity with the various technologies used in today’s culture is preferred.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume, photograph, personal and elder references, and three recent sermons (or internet links) to: Pulpit Minister Search, Coe Church of Christ, 10152 E. Coe Rd., St. Louis, MI 48880. You may also send your information to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials will be kept confidential. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Address3209 Auburn Rd.
Huntington, West Virginia 25704
Weekly Attendance: 3211 Auburn Rd.
Contact InformationJeffrey Wickert Phone: (540) 229-6288 Email: email@example.com
An establish, but growing Christian church congregation is seeking a youth minister to help lead outreach and discipleship efforts to all ages of youth.
The candidate must be well-studied in the Scriptures and have a Bible-based understanding of salvation. He should be a self-starter and motivated to minister in the Lord’s church. The applicant needs to have a gift in reaching and teaching youth and a heart for Jesus and His Kingdom. The candidate should have reliable transportation and live within a 30 minute radius of the church or really like to drive. Because we are looking for someone to minister to youth up to college age, we are looking for male applicants.
The position includes a weekly stipend, but will hopefully work itself into a full-time position sometime in the future. The position would be ideal for a college student or for someone as a “tent-making” ministry.
Posted: Aug 23, 2016
Address155 Parker Rd.
Morristown, Tennessee 37813
Weekly Attendance: 175
Contact InformationRay Sweet Phone: (423) 586-2112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church, in beautiful Morristown, Tennessee, is looking for a full time Worship & Creative Arts Minister to compliment our Lead and Student ministers. We would prefer someone with at least a bachelors degree in worship ministry. We would also prefer this person be able to lead from guitar and/or piano/keyboard while also having a good grasp of sound, media, and stage design. While we are looking for someone who will pursue excellence in the musical aspect, we are also looking for someone who will lead the team spiritually and help further the congregation’s understanding of worship.
Another aspect of giftedness must include being able to lead the technology of the church such as: website, social media, graphics, and church literature. Other areas of responsibility will be based on the gifts and passions of the applicant. These responsibilities may include some of the following: outreach, pastoral care, VBS, leadership training, and teaching. If you feel God leading you to apply to this growing church, please make sure you (1) align doctrinally with the Christian Church (Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement). (2) Please submit a resume with references and a video clip of you leading worship to email@example.com. For more information about FCC, please check out our website, www.1stccmorristown.org. The compensation package for this position will total $40,000.
Address15 Redwing Drive
Winchester, Kentucky 40391
Weekly Attendance: 850
Contact InformationCathy Smith Phone: (859) 744-0817 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Position:
The Children’s Pastor/Minister is responsible for ministry to all children & their families, birth through 5th Grade. These ministries serve in partnership with parents and families, ensuring that the next generation is discipled to fully become who God created them to be.
Purpose of Position:
To provide leadership and direction for all Children’s ministries, outreaches, and efforts in a multisite, externally focused environment.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the strategy for all aspects of Children’s Ministry.
- Build & invest in a growing team of staff & volunteers through invitation, training, development, discipleship, & empowerment.
- Build & develop ministries that focus on discipleship – helping children, students, & families fully become who God created them to be.
- Fully embrace, commit to, and implement the strategy of Calvary’s Mission by creating environments and opportunities that correspond to SEEK, SERVE & SHARE.
- Create environments, ministries, and programs that children WANT to be a part of. These efforts should exude fun, energy, & excitement – while offering substance in our discipleship efforts.
- Provide tools, training, and opportunities that equip parents/guardians to effectively disciple their own children.
- Develop & manage the Children’s Ministry budget, in full cooperation with the Family Ministry Department.
Desired Gifts, Skills, & passions:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Leadership gifts, with a shepherd’s heart.
- Previous experience with multi-site ministry preferred
- Experience in recruiting, motivating and equipping volunteers
- Strong team building & communication skills.
- Passion for developing spiritually healthy families to grow in their faith together
- Strong administrative skills with basic computer software and capacity to learn new software such as Photoshop, Planning Center and others.
Responsibilities to Self & Family:
- Must take personal responsibility for your own health
- Set & maintain appropriate boundaries – work, relational, emotional, time
- Ensure that you are in worship on a regular basis
- Pursue opportunities for growth and renewal
- Develop a proactive plan for personal spiritual growth
- Take care of your physical body
How To Apply: Please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- A Philosophy (Rationale or Strategy) of Children’s Ministry
- Anything else that you’d like us to see
Posted: Aug 22, 2016
Address11820 Nature Trail
Port Richey, Florida 34668
Weekly Attendance: 70
Contact InformationMike Bryant Phone: (727) 862-2488 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship Minister / Youth Minister should have a growing and dynamic faith in Christ, lead a Christian lifestyle and have a passion for music and youth ministry. Worship / Youth Minister will be under the leadership of the Preaching Pastor and Elders of the church.
Qualities we desire in an ideal candidate are: Leadership ability—able to work with musicians, vocalists, church leaders, Children and Student volunteers.
Theologically grounded—able to support firm bible doctrine as understood by Christian Churches. Musically trained—able to read and understand music from a variety of genres and generations, with particular emphasis on contemporary music, contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns and own original music.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Weekly staff meeting with the Preaching Pastor. Lead worship services also special Holiday events. Lead rehearsals and help grow our volunteer worship team.
Manage equipment, instruments and music including copyrights and library of music in easy worship. Make sure curriculum is ready to give to volunteers for Sunday kids program, Sunday night student youth group, and plan events for Youth and Children ministry. Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Preaching Pastor and Elders.
Compensation: This is a Full-time position.
The ability to play guitar is preferred and/or keyboard. Please provide a resume with 3 references to email@example.com a picture of you and recent recording (video link) of your talents if available.
Contact: Mike Bryant, Preaching Pastor More information about Pathway Christian Church can be found at www.mypathwaycc.org
Address485 South 1st Street
Noble, Illinois 62868
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationGary Stealey Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The First Christian Church of Noble is a vibrant multi-generational congregation founded on Scriptural principles and practice. FCCN is prayerfully seeking a candidate for the Senior Minister position. Our former minister is leaving after serving with us for eight years to pursue a ministry closer to family. We are looking for a full-time minister who is well versed in the Scriptures and who will continue to lead and shepherd our congregation in partnership with the eldership. FCCN is theologically associated with the American Restoration Movement. Our church is located in Southern, Illinois. The average Sunday morning attendance is 150. We moved into a new 12,000 sq. ft. building three years ago. It is almost paid off. The salary for this position is $40,000 plus contingent on experience. We prefer the applicant to have worked a minimum of 4 years in a similar position, with at least a Bachelor’s Degree from one of our Restoration Movement colleges as an education minimum. Besides salary, the benefits package contains a $10,000 housing allowance, a cell phone allowance, and a paid vacation. For this position, we are seeking an individual that desires to participate in a ministry team, composed of elders, deacons, pastoral staff and congregational members. We desire a self-motivated, energetic, creative and flexible Bible teacher, who has the capacity to lead with Christ-like service. Applicants for this position should philosophically agree that ministry is not a job, it is a holistic lifestyle. For a complete job description go to www.noblefcc.com/jobs.
Resumes and sample sermons may be mailed to:
First Christian Church of Noble
ATTN: Senior Minister Search Team
485 South 1st Street
Noble, IL 62868
Or emailed to:
Posted: Aug 18, 2016
Address6265 Georgetown Rd
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Weekly Attendance: 150
Contact InformationChuck Barnes Phone: (502) 320-4266 Email: email@example.com
Minister of Youth
- Plan, organize, direct, promote and evaluate the youth ministries of the church.
- Plan a program for leading youth to a knowledge of the plan of salvation and develop them in Christian nurture. Witness to youth and lead into church membership.
- Lead in planning and conducting special age-group activities and programs appropriate for spiritual growth of youth, including, but not limited to retreats, conferences, fellowships, banquets, mission activities, etc.
- Attend major church functions.
- Assist in Vacation Bible School.
- Work with Stewardship Committee in the formation and administration of the youth budget.
- Work with Sunday School Superintendent in the capacity of Youth Department Director.
- Serve as Youth Leader/instructor during Discipleship Training.
- Assist Pastor and/or Minister of Music in coordinating special services (i.e. seasonal programs, etc.).
- Maintain active ministry to all youth and families of youth. Be accessible for advice and counseling when needed.
- Be responsible for visiting active youth, as well as chronic absentees, and contacting prospective youth members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Address51 Waits Rd
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationElizabeth Simpson Phone: (859) 234-5223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry Area: Associate: Student/Children
Position Title: Youth Minister Accountable to: Lead Minister
The Youth Minister serves as an associate minister who directly oversees ICCC’s ministries to students and children. The Youth Minister plans and casts vision for ICCC’s students and children in such a way that he builds up the family dynamic at ICCC.
1. Vision Statement: ICCC cultivates new life in Christ by helping people encounter God, connect to His Word, and serve the mission of Jesus daily.
a. ICCC cultivates life change by helping people encounter God through worship and interaction with His family.
b. ICCC cultivates life change by helping people connect to God’s Word so they can develop a transformational relationship with Him.
c. ICCC cultivates life change by helping people serve the mission of Jesus in daily life.
2. The ministry of ICCC centers on the above vision statement. Everything we do is to cultivate new life in Christ by helping people encounter God, connect to His Word, and serve His mission.
The Youth Minister should demonstrate a heart for God with the following qualities:
1. An unquenchable desire for Christ and the mission of His Church.
2. A sincere devotion to God’s Truth, understanding Scripture as God’s infallible and inspired Word and the New Testament, specifically, as His final plan for mankind.
3. A strong commitment to integrity, honesty, and reliability.
*All ICCC staff members are to be a model of spiritual living and Christian character for the congregation. Staff members should never knowingly put themselves in a situation that compromises their integrity.
4. A teachable spirit along with a sense of humility and servanthood.
5. A desire to grow in faith daily, relentlessly pursing a deeper relationship with Christ.
6. An unwavering dedication to the New Testament Church, as the Kingdom of God on earth; seeing the church as the vehicle God uses to transform the world for the sake of His Son.
*A clear understanding and commitment to the Restoration Movement plea of restoring the New Testament Church for the hope of the world.
7. A loving spirit that both seeks the grace of God and exhibits grace on a daily basis.
The Youth Minister should be a team player, who sees the value of working with the entire church to fulfill its mission. He should:
1. Be likeable and balanced in his approach to working with others.
2. Demonstrate ability to build rapport with other staff, elders, and congregational members of all ages.
3. Understand intergenerational ministry. Even though the Youth Minister’s primary responsibly is to minister to students and children, he must be willing to work with and interact with all generations when necessary.
4. Directly reports to the Lead Minister any ministry needs and/or challenges.
*All staff members directly report to the Lead Minister and the Lead Minister is held accountable by ICCC’s Elders.
5. Will recruit and oversee volunteer members for the student/children ministry.
1. Stay up-to-date with the latest ideas/trends involving children/student ministry.
2. A working knowledge of relevant technology.
3. Inspiring volunteers to bring children/student ministry to life.
4. Developing relationships among children/youth and volunteers.
5. ICCC staff must adhere to ICCC’s policy of ministry confidentially.
1. Oversee ICCC’s Sunday morning children’s church, children’s Sunday School classes, and student Sunday School classes.
*The Youth Minister supervises all areas of family ministry, either through direct leadership or delegation.
2. Be available to preach/teach 2-3 Sundays a year as agreed upon with the Lead Minister.
3. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
4. Participate in leadership meetings and retreats.
5. Supervise and organize volunteers in children/student ministries.
6. Coordinate programs and activities for children/student ministries.
7. Oversee ICCC’s Upward Basketball ministry during the season.
8. Oversee technology corresponding to student/family ministry.
9. Be accountable to the Lead Minister, who serves as the daily supervisor of the staff. ICCC is a staff led, elder protected church. The elders entrust the Lead Minister to direct the day to day church operations through the staff.
10. Complete tasks within time and budget constraints.
11. Keep weekly office hours as agreed upon with the Lead Minister.
*Every staff member is given a weekly day off in addition to Saturday.
12. Be responsible for various office tasks as needed, such as publications, technology needs, congregational needs, etc. ICCC’s staff works as a team to help the progress of the congregation.
13. Be available to make home, hospital, evangelistic, and emergency calls when necessary.
Posted: Aug 17, 2016
Address5105 Main Street
Mays Lick, Kentucky 41055
Weekly Attendance: 130-150
Contact InformationKevin Cornette Phone: (606) 584-5805 Email: email@example.com
Youth Pastor will be responsible for the shepherding and discipleship of our youth ages Preschool – College age, and reaching out to our community to engage our youth in Missions and Evangelism. We have an AWANA program on Sunday Evenings. We average 40-50 kids in our youth programs which continues to grow. Youth Pastor will be responsible for providing leadership for the current host of 16 dedicated youth ministry team consisting of parents and leaders in the congregation.
This position may be part-time for student or full time position. Salary is negotiable and we have potential housing available. Mays Lick Baptist is a growing congregation focused on Evangelism, Outreach and Discipleship. We are a non-Calvinist Southern Baptist Church located just outside of Maysville, KY, 1 hr. and 15 minutes from campus.
Posted: Aug 16, 2016
Address45 Olympia Road
New Bern, North Carolina 28560
Weekly Attendance: 45 Olympia Road
Contact InformationRob Anderson Phone: (252) 626-5058 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re excited because God is making things happen at Broad Creek Christian Church! BCCC (www.bccchurch.com) is an independent Christian Church whose vision is “To be the church where the unchurched want to go” because we believe God wants us to reach the lost living in our community of Pamlico and Craven Counties in North Carolina. Our Sunday worship is casual and lively, and led by a praise team singing contemporary Christian music with a classic hymn or two blended in. We are known for being a friendly and welcoming church.
We are looking for a minister whose preaching makes the scriptures relevant to today’s lifestyle. He will need experience that demonstrates he has a passion to reach the lost and for equipping the saved to make disciples.
If you think God may be calling you to serve with us as preaching minister at Broad Creek Christian Church, send your resume with links to at least two video sermons to email@example.com. Please include “resume” in the subject line.
AddressPO Box 891 - 260 Galer
Nowata, Oklahoma 74048
Weekly Attendance: 80 - 100
Contact InformationTerry Harmon Phone: (918) 273-0107 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornerstone Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Nowata, OK. Nowata is a community of about 3500 located in NE Oklahoma. We believe that we have been called to love God and to love people by training our church family to be and to make disciples from among our family, friends and acquaintances in Nowata and throughout the world. To accomplish this we will focus our worship, teaching, fellowship, and outreach towards motivating, training, and placing people in ministries where they will use their gifts to best benefit the Kingdom of God. We average 80 – 100 weekly in attendance.
Cornerstone Community Church is seeking a Full Time Youth Minister/Music Minister whose primary focus will be on the Youth Ministry. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and organized individual to work with our leadership team and our Preaching Minister to lead our youth and to be a mentor to the young both within our church and our community. This position requires a strong relationship with the youth of today, an understanding of the stresses and trials they face in their daily lives, and an ability to connect with them on a personal level as well as the ability and personal desire to lead them in their walk with Christ, helping them to know and understand His love and His purpose for their lives. We also looking for our Youth Minister to assist our young members by equipping them with the knowledge and strength so that they may witness to their peers and be an example within the community. A strong presence and a willingness to participate in community activities is a must. They will be responsible for overseeing and working with our Nursery Coordinator, and leading the Children’s and Teen Ministry.
We also desire someone that has a musical background that can lead/assist in our morning worship services. We have a blended style of worship that is led by a team of gifted musicians and singers.
Bachelors degree in youth ministry from a recognized Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement of the Christian Churches, as well as a willingness to serve under the oversight of the Senior Pastor and Elders. After prayerful consideration, if you feel God calling you to serve in this vibrant ministry, please apply for the position by submitting a resume and cover letter to the contact information listed below. Along with your resume, please include at least three professional references indicating involvement and service among a congregation of believers. In addition, feel free to send a brief doctrinal statement of beliefs and a philosophy of ministry. Interested individuals should send their resume and cover letter to contact email listed below. Salary dependent upon experience.
Terry Harmon – 918-273-0107
Email: email@example.com website: visitcornerstonecc.org