The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Sep 1, 2015
Address2930 Middle Road
Winchester, Virginia 22602
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationKraig Bishop Phone: (540) 723-0030 Email: email@example.com
Position DescriptionWe are looking for a passionate individual to join our team and serve as our full-time Children’s Pastor. This person will be in charge of leading our Children’s Ministry. We are a Christian Church congregation with an average Sunday AM attendance of 200. Children’s Ministry training and experience are a plus. Competitive salary based on training and experience, and health insurance. For more information about New Life Christian Church, please check out newlife-christian.org. Please submit a resume with references to Kraig Bishop, Teen Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address4626 Nw 8th Ave
Gainesville, Florida 32605
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationDonny Dillon Phone: (352) 372-4911 Email: email@example.com
Come be a part of the Lord’s work in Gainesville, FL! University City church of Christ is looking for a full-time Youth Minister to join our dynamic ministry team to work along side of one of the top college ministries in the country. We are an established congregation of 400+ members located right in the heart of north central Florida with 40+ students in our middle school / high school youth group. Our youth group has been an active, growing ministry in our congregation for over 40 years, and we are seeking a Youth Minister who can continue to inspire our youth to love the Lord, serve the Lord and play an active role in our congregation and community. The Youth Minister will have the support of a Youth Deacon and Parent Advisory Committee to assist with the growth of our youth programs. We are a diverse congregation with a wealth of volunteers who care for the souls of our youth. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida and is a thriving community that has become a hub of innovative business and economic development with educational, cultural and outdoor/sports activities available throughout the year
Posted: Aug 31, 2015
Address1651 Campbell Road
Richardson, Texas 75082
Weekly Attendance: 210
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Pastor will strive to ensure every student is challenged to step up to the task of finding their own faith and understanding a personal relationship with their creator; and each youth sponsor feels supported, encouraged, and important to the ministry purpose. He/She prepares Sunday morning lessons, both large group and small group. He/She connects with the volunteers to train, appreciate, encourage, and promote our mission, while engaging with the parents.
Posted: Aug 28, 2015
Address615 5th Street
Covington, Indiana 47932
Weekly Attendance: 170
Contact InformationEddy Jones Phone: (765) 505-8835 Email: PeaceInTheStronghold@gmail.com
FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST (COVINGTON, IN) IS LOOKING FOR A MINISTER OF CHILDREN/ YOUTH
Ministry to cover the following:
- Oversee all children & youth ministries, programs, activities, etc.
- Work with and seek out volunteers for all age groups.
- Plan and schedule any conventions, conferences, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate any Vacation Bible School Program.
- Willing to teach a youth Sunday School class.
- Oversee the Kid’s Church program.
- Oversee and/or lead mid-week youth and children’s functions.
- Go to schools weekly during lunch time to relate to kids and youth. (Schools allow youth ministers to join kids for lunch one day a week.)
- Coordinate a Youth Sunday periodically using youth as part of worship services.
- Visit youth & parents in their homes.
- Be creative in producing new and exciting venues of ministry to reach & encourage young people in the faith.
- Preach as needed when Lead minister is unable.
- Willing to develop preaching skills by being in a regular rotation of preaching (possibly once every 4-6 weeks).
- Assist Lead minister as needed and coordinate planning with him.
- Willing to be “mentored” by lead minister to develop skills for future kingdom work.
- Be prepared for “spontaneous” ministry in a small town community. Encounters will occur by simply being out and about in the community.
- Willing to host some activities or events in one’s own home occasionally.
- Personal development & growth as a Christian are expected.
- Have at least a moderate level of technology understanding to assist with Internet website oversight, Social Media & video production.
Background, Experience, Training
- Must hold a bachelors degree from a recognized Bible College or Seminary associated with the Restoration Movement of the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
- Must have multiple references indicating one’s involvement and service among a congregation of believers.
- Willing to serve under the oversight of the Lead Minister and Elders.
TOTAL PAY PACKAGE PROVIDED: $30,000 – $34,000
To inquire or apply please do the following:
- Email a resume’ and doctrinal statement to Eddy Jones (Lead Minister) at PeaceInTheStronghold@gmail.com
- Are you married or single? If married, tell us about your family.
- Submit a brief doctrinal statement of beliefs concerning, God, Jesus, How to become a Christian, the Church and a brief philosophy of ministry. Other topics may be requested later.
- Provide a photo of yourself.
- If available, provide a video link or disk of you either preaching or teaching.
- If you have the ability to video conference through Skype or Facetime please indicate so.
Who we are?
FCC of Covington, IN is a small town body of believers located in the farming region of Western Indiana. The congregation was established in 1901. Half or more of the membership lives within blocks of the church facilities. Covington is a great town to walk or bike as the weather permits. There are hiking/bike trails, a good park with large playground, sporting venues and a city pool within walking distance of the church facilities. The elementary, middle & high schools are also a short walk just a few blocks away. The congregation averages about 170 in attendance. Leadership is currently comprised of three elders, seven deacons and one Lead Minister. We have a good mix and balance of all ages from babies to several in their 90’s. From Covington it is only a 12 minute drive to Hanging Rock Christian Assembly which is an outstanding Christian camp among our brotherhood offering many venues of activities for youth and churches.
Check out our developing website at covingtonfcc.com for more information about FCC.
Please direct any questions or inquiries to Eddy Jones (Lead Minister) at…
Address2755 East Stroop Road
Kettering, Ohio 45440
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationDamon F. Reid Phone: (937) 299-1730 Fax: (937) 293-9842 Email: email@example.com
The person of interest is:
- a committed disciple of Jesus, with a servant’s heart and a Christ-like spirit,
- someone who believes the Bible is the inspired word of God and is obedient to His commands and precepts,
- someone who teaches that the plan of salvation in the Scriptures includes faith, repentance, confession of faith in Christ, baptism for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and that faithfulness to Christ continues until death,
- visionary, mission-focused, enthusiastic about God’s desire to redeem mankind.
The work includes:
- unconditionally loving teens and young adults to draw them to Christ,
- discipling teens and young adults to increase their desire for God and a love for His Word,
- encouraging them to embrace the sacrifice and salvation offered by Jesus Christ for them,
- incorporating teens and young adults to serve and impact others for Christ,
- preparing training opportunities to stretch teens and young adults to grow and have healthy interaction with their peers and confidence in their beliefs,
- planning and coordinating activities for teens and young adults, being involved in their activities when possible.
The person of interest will fill the role of NexGen Minister.
Please, no phone calls.
Posted: Aug 27, 2015
Address12210 Martel Road
Lenoir City, Tennessee 37772
Weekly Attendance: 100-120
Contact InformationRick Keck Phone: (865) 809-0146 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a youth minister that will work with our Jr./Sr. high students.
Address5210 Odana Road
Madison, Wisconsin 53711
Weekly Attendance: 70-80
Contact InformationMarion Greaser Phone: (608) 345-3922 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
Information on the job description, education and qualifications, Westwood and Madison profile, and job application are found on Pastor Search link on the Westwood website:
Address404 S. Scott Ave.
Newton, Illinois 62448
Weekly Attendance: 250-350
Contact InformationScott Avenue Christian Church Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Life Minister is called to facilitate a meaningful, consistent, dynamic Family Life ministry. The primary roles of this position will be to lead children to become faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. This is done through program development, leadership training, and spiritual and emotional care of our children and their families. The Family Life Minister will provide the general oversight of the children’s ministry from birth through 12th grade.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field required. Commitment to continuing education desired.
- Experience with developing an exciting, growing children’s ministry preferred.
- Prefer experience with the administrative duties associated with a ministry staff such as preparing informative literature for volunteers, developing annual budgets based on ministry goals, and monitoring all expenses.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, train, and equip staff and volunteers necessary to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player – able to both follow and lead.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong devotional life.
- Solid commitment to the authority of Scripture.
- Loves the Lord, loves children, and enjoys connecting with children and their families.
- Able and willing to become a member of Scott Avenue Christian Church. (A member is one totally sold out on the vision and purpose of the Church..)
Posted: Aug 26, 2015
Address147 Oren Drive
Mills River,, North Carolina 28759
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationLynnell S. Goacher Phone: (828) 252-0723 Fax: (828) 252-0723 Email: email@example.com
NORTH CAROLINA- Mills River (Asheville area). Blue Ridge Christian Church, an independent Bible-based, evangelical church is seeking a full-time Minister for its congregation of 85. The person in this position will serve and lead alongside the Elders, encouraging and equipping the ministries of the church. The ideal candidate is someone with an engaging preaching and teaching style, who is committed to missions and evangelism, and dedicated to working together with the congregation in outreach to the community.
The candidate will have earned at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college affiliated with the independent Christian Church and have a minimum of 5 years of preaching experience.
Blue Ridge Christian Church is located in a vibrant and growing part of western North Carolina and is centrally located between Asheville, Hendersonville and Brevard. The area enjoys a four-season climate, and the beautiful scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountains and is a favorite tourist and retirement destination.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and resume detailing experience and qualifications with utmost dispatch to: James Wooten, Elder, 147 Oren Drive, Mills River, NC 28759 or to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted: Aug 25, 2015
Address865 Greendale Rd.
Lexington, Kentucky 40511
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationBrian Bolton Phone: (859) 259-1512 Email: email@example.com
It is the goal of CenterPointe to reach families through the ministry to children and youth. Under the supervision and support of the Pastor, the Family Pastor will oversee the process for making disciples at CenterPointe with a primary focus on birth – 12th grade and their parents.
The Family Pastor must have a passion and love for the next generation, while demonstrating the love of Christ, humility, and servant leadership. Must have self-motivation, enthusiasm for family ministries, the ability to delegate tasks. Must desire disciple making and have the ability to organize environments conducive to making disciples of Jesus. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to serve as a liaison with organizations, persons, and resources in and beyond the church which relate to the family ministries.
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Personal Vision for how you make disciples
Posted: Aug 24, 2015
Address6775 St. Rt. 42
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338
Weekly Attendance: 110-120
Contact InformationJim Anderson Email: email@example.com
Full time evangelist with faithful Restoration Movement background.
Compensation will be based on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Preferably a college degree but will consider candidates without a degree.
Church is willing to work with any level of experience.
AddressPO Box 4
Athens, Ohio 45701
Weekly Attendance: N/A
Contact InformationDawn Tobin Phone: (740) 594-3339 Fax: (740) 594-3339 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Appalachian Immersion Internship is for young adults who want to follow Jesus, live in Christian community, serve with their neighbors in need, and grow in leadership. Interns spend 9 to 12 months serving with the Good Works community in Athens, Ohio and are provided housing, food and a stipend.
Good Works, Inc. is a Christian non-profit organization whose vision is to create a Community of HOPE with and for people in poverty and those who are without homes in rural Appalachia.
As an intern, you can expect to:
- Live in Christian community at the Good Works Hannah House.
- Build relationships of mutual dignity with people struggling with poverty.
- Grow in your relationship with God through study, reflection and spiritual disciplines.
- Offer hospitality and leadership to short-term mission groups.
- Provide leadership in a wide range of Good Works contexts including our shelter for people without homes, weekly community meal and club for kids, and opportunities for practical service with people who are older, widowed or experiencing a disability.
To Apply, contact Dawn Tobin by phone or email. Internships generally go from September to May, but the program is flexible.
Posted: Aug 23, 2015
Address273 Oak Grove Road
Beckley, West Virginia 25801
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationSavio Fernandes Phone: (304) 890-1742 Fax: (304) 254-0725 Email: email@example.com
Oak Grove Christian Church is a growing church located in Beckley, West Virginia. Our area is within 30 minutes of hiking and biking trails, skiing, ziplining, river rafting and other fun events that can be done with the Youth Group. We are currently looking for a full time Youth Minister. We are seeking an individual that is energetic, organized, self- motivated, wants to build relationship with students, parents and other members of the church. Someone that is open to having a group of teens or leaders at your house on a Saturday night for fun. Our Youth Group, now known as Fusion is made up of teens in grades 6th – 12th. They currently meet on Sunday nights at 5:30pm in our Youth Room. The Youth room has a foosball table, 2 ping pong tables and WII game so that the teens can get to know each other and have fun before the lessons. They also meet at 7:00pm on Wednesday nights in the Family Life Center for games and devotions. Although, we enjoy fun and games with our youth, we would like the Youth Minister to have the following qualifications:
- Be a baptized believer
- Have a strong desire to serve the Lord, have a growing, spiritual relationship with HIM
- Be able to develop the youth and help them to have a spiritual relationship with God as well
- Have a 4 year degree from an accredited Bible college in ministry, youth ministry or Christian Education and be ordained by a Christian Church/Church of Christ
- Experience working with the youth is preferred
- Be able to work effectively as a TEAM with Elders, youth leaders, volunteers, parents and youth to make our church, the youth group and God’s kingdom successful
We would like a person that will think outside of the box when it comes to reaching the middle schools and high schools in our community. We want the Community to know your name. If this sounds like a job for you, please send a picture of your family, a list of hobbies and interests, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to check out our Facebook page “Fusion (Oak Grove Christian Church Youth) or the church website at www.ogcc.org.
Posted: Aug 21, 2015
AddressP.O. Box 243
Marshall, Illinois 62441
Weekly Attendance: 250+
Contact InformationJohn Cutshall Phone: (217) 826-2306 Fax: (217) 826-2031 Email: email@example.com
You would be responsible for the Christian Education focusing on Jr. & Sr. High at FCC. You would be expected to coordinate and equip. Office hours would be expected and you would need to be available to the staff and members of the body for your expertise. Worship leading experience would be a plus.
Posted: Aug 19, 2015
Address1055 Sherman Mt. Zion Rd
Dry Ridge, Kentucky 41035
Weekly Attendance: 310
Contact InformationTim Seevers Phone: (859) 428-1661 Fax: (859) 428-1441 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sherman Church of Christ is looking for a part-time (weekend) youth minister. The Youth Minister’s responsibilities will be with senior high and college age youth. teaching the high school class on Sunday morning and leading Sunday evening youth group as well as planning weekend activities. The position is perfect for a junior or senior man who is looking for experience in youth ministry. This will turn into a full time position in the near future. It is a Friday evening through Sunday evening position.