The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 30, 2016
Address921 South Fayette Street
Washington Court House, Ohio 43160
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationChurch Office Phone: (740) 335-3107 Email: email@example.com
Full Time Youth Minister
Who we are:
South Side Church of Christ is a non-denominational church of 300 members located approximately 40 minutes south of Columbus and an hour from Cincinnati. The community surrounding the church is growing and offers many opportunities for youth ministry. At this time, we are continuously growing. We have a wonderful facility with a family life center and plenty of room for growth. The vision of South Side is to Know Christ, Grow In Christ, and Go for Christ. We are positioned for greatness in our community and are looking for someone with experience to come and be a part of this wonderful ministry. We are offering a very competitive pay package, as well as vacation time and benefits.
What we are looking for:
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time youth minister, and desire to find someone who is passionate to reach, disciple, and equip this generation to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, and to see students on mission to reach the lost. The primary area of focus will be to oversee and coordinate all areas of children and youth ministry which includes K-12th grade at this time. Our future plans will be to compartmentalize those groups when the church is ready. Candidates will be given the opportunities to develop other ministerial skills under the mentorship of the Lead Minister. One example of these opportunities could be preaching 3-5 times a year.
- To be a catalyst, with an energetic, infectious personality who leads students (of all walks of life) to a deep-rooted faith in Christ Jesus
- Build strong relationships with the students, parents, and student leaders
- Encourage students to become mature in Christ through Biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism, and service
- Create and implement weekly student services that provide exciting worship, Bible study, and engaging life groups
To be considered for this position the applicant must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in full-time youth ministry.
- Be married for at least three years and would benefit from having children as well.
- Have strong Christian character, belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and live out a solid Christ-like example.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for excellence and continuous development in all areas of ministry.
- Be a strategic thinker who is able to create and successfully implement new programs.
- Be able to collaborate with fellow staff toward the common church vision.
- Have a teachable spirit, humble heart, and a bold passion to disciple our students in Christ.
- Be committed to the Biblical positions of the independent Christian Churches / Churches of Christ.
The Complete Job Description is as follows:
- Must agree with the teachings and goals of South Side Church of Christ.
- Plan and Develop goals, activities, and direction for the Children’s and Youth Ministry. (Ages: birth-12th grade.)
- Plan and be responsible for the oversight of:
- Sunday morning Programming (including nursery.)
- Sunday Night Programming (including nursery.)
- Wednesday Night Programming (including nursery.)
- Plan, attend, and execute 1 monthly activity for children and youth.
- Present the events of all children’s and youth ministry three months in advance to the Eldership meeting for approval.
- Spend time outside of the office with children and youth and their families.
- Recruit, train, and support a team of teachers, and children’s and youth workers to help in the ministry of children and youth.
- Be in charge of Vacation Bible School each year. (This includes every aspect of VBS.) Have finances for VBS approved at the monthly Elders meeting.
- Plan and attend at least one annual conference for youth ministry.
- Provide a once a year parent meeting to inform parents of goals and plans.
- Keep office hours from 9:00-12:00 Monday thru Thursday. (Except when approved by Sr. Minister)
- Organize a children’s and youth ministry team that meets once a month for the planning of activities.
- Attend a monthly Leadership Meeting.
- Attend South Side Church of Christ activities and services offered with your family.
- Visit sick children and youth in emergency situations.
- Attend community events outside of church programming when South Side Children and youth are participating.
- Oversee all aspects of children-youth programming including: lessons, activities, teacher recruitment, fundraisers, and anything else pertaining to infant-12th grade.
- Review the weekly bulletin and all church publications.
- Take on Additional responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Minister.
- Salary and benefits will be determined annually by the Elders.
- Vacation: Two weeks the first year, Three weeks the third year, Four weeks after four years none of which can be taken consecutively, and are required to be used within one calendar year.
- One month notification prior to any vacation taken.
- Sundays and Wednesday are all day employment. Any time taken off on these days has to be approved in advanced and will be counted as a vacation day.
- 5 Sick Days each year.
- Bereavement and Child birth days off will be approved by the Eldership.
- Holidays will be approved by the Eldership.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also send at least one video of you teaching.
Once your resume has been received you will be sent a confirmation. After resumes are reviewed, you may also receive a questionnaire that will need to be filled out and returned. Successful candidates will be further contacted about the next steps in the process, which will be phone/Skype interviews. Thank you and God bless you as you prayerfully search for the ministry God has called you to serve in.
Address2600 S MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, Illinois 62704
Weekly Attendance: 675
Contact InformationDaniel Shelton Phone: (217) 525-0304 Fax: (217) 525-0893 Email: email@example.com
South Side is a multi-generational church that has been in the heart of Springfield, Illinois for over 70 years. With a renewed focus to our community, we are committed to being a church that loves and serves the families of our neighborhood. Our location places us within walking distance of thousands of families and two local schools. This prime location is ideal as we strive to guide everyday people into a Christ-following family.
This full-time pastoral position oversees ministry for ages birth – fifth grade. As a part of our Family Ministry Team applicants should have a strong desire to see growth and development in families by equipping parents to be the primary spiritual caregivers to their children. This position includes full benefits including 100% paid health insurance, retirement, ample paid time off, and a competitive salary.
For more information, or to apply visit southsidechristian.com/employment.
Address3477 Hwy 389
Carrollton, Louisiana 41008
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationKeith Miller Phone: (502) 514-1176 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth minister would be in charge of all activities associated with both Middle School and High School students. Currently have children’s director for 5th grade and down. Salary is negotiable and position could either be part time or fulltime for the right individual.
Please send all resumes to email listed or contact can be made by phone by number listed above.
Posted: May 26, 2016
Address1414 Archer Avenue
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46808
Weekly Attendance: 65
Contact InformationSteven T. Wellman Phone: (260) 705-4211 Email: email@example.com
The North Highlands Church of Christ in Fort Wayne, IN is seeking a full-time minister. North Highlands was established in 1929 and is located just outside of inner-city Fort Wayne. Our community is racially, economically and spiritually diverse. Our church building is traditional and well maintained and strategically located to reach the unchurched. Our members are older but anxious to grow into this community and have recently opened our building to a young sister congregation of roughly 200 Burmese Christians who hold 2 services on Sunday afternoons.
We believe that God is calling us to provide a strong outreach ministry to our community and we are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for evangelism and discipleship. Our elders and leadership are ready and willing to serve alongside the minister that God has anointed for North Highlands.
Interested candidates will provide cover letter and resume along with an audio or video of sermon to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address319 E. Main St.
Cherryvale, Kansas 67335
Weekly Attendance: 75-125
Contact InformationChris Sale Phone: (620) 485-4203 Email: Chris.email@example.com
Cherryvale Christian Church is seeking an energetic Lead Minister to help us fulfill our Mission of Love God, Love People, and Serve the World. Candidates should be willing to enthusiastically share the word of God, work with all ages, and be active in the community. Strong leadership and organizational skills will be helpful in ministering to our congregation consisting of many younger families and youth (infant to high school age) seeking to grow in Christ. The ability to communicate with the leadership, youth minister, and office staff is desired. We are looking for someone to help us find new ways to get involved in the community and reach people who might otherwise be lost. A degree from an accredited college, seminary or university is preferred. If this sounds like you, please send resume to:
17075 Brown Road
Cherryvale, KS 67335
We offer a competitive compensation package, depending on qualifications and experience.
Church Size: 75-125
Staff Size: 1-5
Address2000 Jonesboro Rd.
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Weekly Attendance: 600+
Contact InformationBrett Parker Phone: (770) 954-9332 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonough Christian Church is seeking a next level leader to lead our approximately 80 volunteers and 100 children (weekly) to new levels of growth and organization as we seek to make disciples who make disciples in our community.
For more details or a complete job description, please visit http://www.mccreach.org/get-involved/employment/
To apply, please send résumé to email@example.com
Résumés will be accepted until July 1.
Posted: May 25, 2016
Address1123 Broadway Avenue
Holbrook, New York 11741
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationPeter OLeary Phone: (631) 567-4777 Fax: (631) 567-8289 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We here at the Christian Church at Holbrook are in need of a Youth Minister to work about 15-20 Hours per week. This person would be responsible for the Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry classes we have and also work with our teen group called “FOUR12” on Wednesday Evening.
This person would also need to supplement their income as the cost of living is pretty high here on Long Island. The part-time position would pay $600.00 per month to start and would eventually become a full time position.
AddressP.O. Box 21089
South Euclid, Ohio 44121
Weekly Attendance: 350-400
Contact InformationScott Pugh Phone: (216) 297-9399 Email: email@example.com
Job Title: Student Minister – Part time position
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Over the past 7 years we’ve developed an amazing foundation for youth ministry in our church and in the city. We have great volunteers, huge student events, connections with school system, and a whole lot more. We’ve grown to the point where we have launched a second campus and are looking for someone to take our student ministry to the next level! We’re looking for a leader who will think outside the box, a self-starter who is ready to do whatever it takes to love students who feel far from God and help them reconnect with their heavenly Father.
The Student Minister will have some formal training for ministry, as well as experience in a local church setting. He/she will possess, or be developing the following:
1) A teachable spirit, desiring to grow as a person and as a leader;
2) A willingness to involve others in planning and decision-making;
3) A team player who will do any task, at any time;
4) Must have a strong understanding of youth culture, specifically urban youth culture;
5) A person of moral purity;
6) A person of integrity, and a demonstration of those character qualities that are represented by the list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, and a willingness to continue to grow in the development of such characteristics;
7) A person who has a daily prayer and personal devotion time;
8) A willingness to develop a basic understanding of the nature and operation of Velocity Church;
9) An understanding that lost students really matter to God and to us; and
10) A person whose goal is not to be “cool” but to help students get reconnected with God.
1) Conduct himself/herself in such a way that his/her behavior, speech and attitude represent a high standard of holiness;
2) He/she will demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty to members of the church’s leadership team, endeavoring to be cooperative in the carrying out of his/her ministry tasks;
3) They will keep the Lead Pastor apprised of his/her whereabouts at all times during those times he/she is considered to be “on duty”;
4) He/she will keep regular work hours, which will include time for prayer and study. This schedule will be approved by the Lead Pastor, and determined according to the availability of hours in relation to other work responsibilities;
5) Keep careful records for all activities related to his/her ministry assignments; and
6) Maintain faithful attendance and good work attitude at regularly scheduled worship services.
- Provide and oversee areas of student ministry at Velocity Church;
- Help meet all needs of the ministries;
- Offer leadership in areas where it’s needed;
- Recruit and train other volunteers who can assist in the student ministry;
- Make visitation calls to specified members or contacts related to the church when needed;
- Assist with setting up areas for various church functions such as special meetings, outreach events or concerts;
- Meet for prayer prior to each service;
- Answer phones and help with overall organization of programs;
- Learn cutting edge youth ministry for our culture;
- Plan BIG;
- Dream BIGGER.
Address1402 Kenwood Drive
Russell, Kentucky 41169
Weekly Attendance: 825-850
Contact InformationMonty Cooper Phone: (606) 836-8944 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges Christian Church is located in Russell, KY. Bridges exists to connect people to Jesus and one another in order to impact our homes, communities and the world for Jesus.
The Student Pastor will be responsible for the development and oversight of the Student ministry (6th-12th grades) at Bridges. The position will provide leadership, vision, direction and management for the Student ministry.
* Teach God’s word in a personal and authentic way that will point the students to God and lead to them to a life that is transformed.
* Minister to students and their families.
* Move the students to deeper levels of Spiritual growth and church participation.
* Oversee, train and recruit volunteers.
* Oversight of teen worship service.
* Oversight of ministry budget.
* Work closely with other staff members to carry out the mission of Bridges.
* Ability to utilize technology.
* Attend staff meetings.
* Perform other pastoral duties when necessary.
Posted: May 23, 2016
Address507 West Call Street
Starke, Florida 32091
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationEmail: email@example.com
The First Christian Church at Starke, Florida, is located in northeast Florida approximately midway between Jacksonville and Gainesville. Nearby attractions and points of interest include St. Augustine, University of Florida, Disney World in Orlando, Cape Canaveral, beaches, and numerous lakes. The church was established in the 1800’s and has a small town feel with nearby larger city conveniences.
Current average attendance for worship is approximately 85. The sanctuary will seat 250 comfortably and has a large stage area. The church facilities include the sanctuary, fellowship hall, classrooms which house a K-8th grade school, offices for the church secretary and school administrator, youth building, and pastor’s office. The church owns adjacent property for future expansion.
The church leadership is seeking a Senior Minister who possesses an in-depth knowledge of God’s word as revealed in the Holy Bible, holds fast to New Testament truths, and is an effective communicator both from the pulpit and through personal contact. He must adhere to the mission of the church to bring lost souls to Christ and to edify the body of Christ through preaching, teaching and personal visitation. The successful candidate will have successful outreach experience and be effective as an administrator of the ministerial staff.
A starting salary between $45,000 and $60,000 will be offered depending on experience as well as sick/annual leave. Additionally, participation in planned spiritual enrichment seminars/events within driving distance will be made available. There are also monthly allowances for cell phone and gasoline. A parsonage is not available; therefore, dwelling accommodations would have to be acquired. Moving expenses are to be negotiated.
The current leadership consists of two Elders and three Deacons. Paid staff includes a Youth Minister and Secretary. Other staff includes a school administrator and teachers that are not under the direction of the Senior Minister but he must work closely with the school staff in spiritual guidance for the students and coordination of calendar events of the church and school.
Please do not contact the church directly. Interested individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a resume and cover letter as well as a teaching sample on audio or video. We will confirm that we received your submission and let you know whether or not we need additional information. Blessings!
Address5720 Taylorsville Road
Fisherville, Kentucky 40023
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationDoug Martin Phone: (502) 354-1605 Email: email@example.com
Spencer Christian Church is looking for a Worship/Creative Arts Minister. This position will be responsible for the planning, oversight and execution of all the worship services of the congregation. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Spencer Christian is a nineteen year old Church that recently completed a new 800 seat worship center. We are a bedroom community to Louisville, Kentucky. Over the past 18 months the Church has experienced its greatest season of growth. Any candidate for this position would have to be able to work in a fast pace, highly productive environment. We are looking for a candidate that embodies all of the three C’s; Character, Chemistry and Competency.
Please submit resume with a video link of candidate leading a worship service to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address21851 County Road 4
Bristol, Indiana 46507
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationThomas Short Phone: (574) 850-1327 Email: email@example.com
Elkhart East Christian Church is a steadily growing congregation in north-central Indiana with a current Sunday AM worship attendance of about 130 and the intention to initiate a building expansion in the near future. Elkhart East is looking for a full-time Youth Minster to succeed the current Youth Minister who is pursuing graduate education. Candidates must be well grounded in the Faith & well acquainted with and committed to the inspired Word of God and to passing on that Biblical Faith to the Youth within Elkhart East’s sphere of influence. Some past experience in working with Youth, even as a volunteer, would be expected. Sunday AM preaching would also be expected from time-to-time, in support of the Preaching Minister. Some experience in musical worship and/or audio/visual would be a plus.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Salary package for the successful candidate will be based upon education & experience.
Candidates should send their resume & a brief bio, focused particularly on the development of their Christian faith, to the physical or email addresses provided.
Address10800 Lincoln Ave
Newburgh, Indiana 47630
Weekly Attendance: 3,500
Contact InformationJenny Aliotta Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Summary and Objective: The primary role is to meet the audio, video and lighting needs of Crossroads Christian Church’s ministry programming. The role of a Media Intern is to assist the Media Ministry Team in meeting those needs.
- Participate as a member of a cohesive team that provides sound, video and lighting support for weekend worship and special services including weddings, funerals, seasonal concerts, camps and other ministry programming.
- Assisting in general maintenance and upkeep of sound, lighting and video equipment
- Develop a working knowledge of audio, visual and lighting equipment in the church
- Assist with weekly rehearsals of worship teams
- Assist in the development of volunteers for the audio and video teams
- Attend weekly Worship Planning Team meeting in connection with the Media Director. The purpose of these meetings is to communicate all audio, visual and lighting needs for weekend worship.
- Participate in Student Tech meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to communicate the media needs of the Student Ministry Team. The Summer Media Intern will work closely with the Student Ministry Team; this includes assisting in all technical production aspects of VBS and other summer camps.
- Additional tasks as assigned
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
- Heart for disciple making and a growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Formal Audio and Video training
- Full knowledge of live production including audio, video, lighting, multimedia, music and staging
- Ability to manage projects and teams and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in video production and editing
This job will include office environment, weekend service environment, and traveling for weeks of trips/camps.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This paid internship is a seasonal (May-August) position regularly requires long hours (50 hours a week) and frequent weekend hours.
May 3, 2016
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posted: May 22, 2016
Address110 E. Walnut
North Baltimore, Ohio 45872
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationBrad Clayton Phone: (419) 348-0454 Fax: (419) 422-7414 Email: email@example.com
North Baltimore Church of Christ, an independent Christian Church, located in rural northwest Ohio, is seeking an evangelist. North Baltimore is a small community located along I-75, between Bowling Green and Findlay, Ohio. North Baltimore Church of Christ has been serving the community since 1897. Our previous evangelist died unexpectedly after serving the church and community for 20 years. We have an average Sunday morning attendance of 60. The congregation is eager to grow. Please forward resume to Brad Clayton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-957-4761
Posted: May 19, 2016
Address51 Waits Rd
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationElizabeth Simpson Phone: (859) 234-5223 Email: email@example.com
Indian Creek Christian Church in Cynthiana, Kentucky is seeking a Youth Minister to direct, guide, and further develop a healthy and dynamic youth ministry. ICCC is a growing congregation in central Kentucky (just forty-five minutes from Lexington, KY and an hour from Cincinnati, OH). ICCC currently has two Sunday morning services and averages 350 in attendance. Interested candidates may email resumes to Elizabeth Simpson, ICCC’s Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.