The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Feb 8, 2016
Address2140 First Colony Boulevard
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
Weekly Attendance: 1700
Contact InformationSandy Swann Phone: (281) 980-7070 Email: email@example.com
POSITION DESCRIPTION: CHILDREN’S MINISTER
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Developing an effective discipleship program that will partner with parents to lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and implement ministry programs for children and families that reflect the GATHER. GROW. GO. vision of First Colony Church of Christ.
The Children’s Minister shall provide vision and overall leadership of our ministry to children, birth to 5th grade, and their families. The success of the Children’s Minister will depend on their ability to manage and empower a team of direct reports and multiple teams of lay leaders as they work in their own duties and service. This highly people oriented position requires proven skills in organization, management, leadership, detail thinking and creative innovation to take Children’s Ministry to the next level.
1. Refinement, execution and maintenance of Children’s Ministry programs
• Work with the Executive Minister and the ministry staff to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive Children’s ministry program that works within the overall vision of the church
• Oversee all Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programs for children from birth through fifth grade
• Provide grade level group, same sex leaders all resources necessary to lead students
• Ensure each grade level, same sex group are fully staffed with volunteers and paid staff as necessary
• Provide training for Children’s Ministry volunteers
• Work with the other organizations that utilize our building to maintain a positive relationship and effectively use our shared space, including Cornerstone Christian Academy.
• Communicate regularly with families of young children through all forms of media
• Maintain healthy professional relationships with other ministry teams and staff members
• Hire and train staff for First Colony’s Children’s Ministry
• Current staff: Children’s Ministry Associate, Early Childhood Volunteer Coordinator, Children’s Ministry Admin and Special Event Childcare Coordinator
• Maintain and uphold appropriate stands of conduct and operation for both paid employees and volunteer staff
• Oversee a comprehensive volunteer screening database and ensure a strong safety stand for Children’s Ministry
4. Other responsibilities
• Provide effective leadership for the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team
• Refine, execute and maintain additional programs for children including summer camp, VBS and other large events (i.e. Pumpkin Patch Party and Big Bunny Party)
• Plan and administer budget for Children’s Ministries
• Be equipped and available for Pastoral care and counseling as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Must maintain a vital and growing relationship with the Lord through Bible study, prayer and meditation
• Must posses the characteristics of a leader and the ability to lead staff and volunteers in their ministries
• Must possess the ability to communicate with multiple people through various forms of communication including email, text, Facebook, etc.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to create duplicable systems
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Must have the ability to handle conflict and listen to member’s concerns
• Must have a heart and passion for Children’s Ministry and building strong children’s programs
• Executive Minister, Senior Minister, Youth Minister, CFO, Facilities Director
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in ministry
• Children’s Ministry focus preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years
Team Leader: Executive Minister
Payroll Status: Full Time, Exempt
Office Hours: Sunday – Thursday
Address5380 Moots Run Rd
Alexandria, Ohio 43001
Weekly Attendance: 120
Contact InformationKevin Hull Phone: (740) 924-7771 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have had part time youth ministers in the past and are looking to hire our first full-time man in June of 2016.
Address7335 E Broadway Rd, Mesa, AZ 85208
Mesa, Arizona 85208
Weekly Attendance: 1000
Contact InformationJohn Klundt Phone: (480) 981-0802 Fax: (480) 641-1822 Email: email@example.com
We are seeking to hire a Jr/Sr High Youth Pastor. First and foremost we desire a Pastor that loves the Lord with all of His heart and loves His church. We desire a Pastor that disciples students to love God and His church.
We are seeking a Youth Pastor that will cast a big vision. A Pastor that will create an irresistible environment that students will want to be a part of. A Pastor that will develop youth leaders that pour into students. A Pastor that walks along side the students helping them grow in love and obedience. We will be accepting resumes until March 14. Salary $50,000, health insurance, cell phone allowance and conference allowance. Full job description will be mailed once resume has been received.
Applicant must have a degree from a Christian College.
Address231 W VanBuren
Auburn, Illinois 62615
Weekly Attendance: 150-200
Contact InformationNic Cook Phone: (217) 438-4073 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a student pastor to join our team. The student pastors primary role would be an emphasis in Jr High & High School Ministry.
We are seeking a high caliber, team builder who is ready to partner with parents and develop a disciple multiplying ministry. They must possess the following skills and background: Strong communication skills; Highly relational with people; Good organizationally with a strong work ethic; Integrity and Christ like character.
If you are interested you will find a detailed job description on our website. Please submit applications through our online form and attach your resume and cover letter.
We are a non-denominational church that currently runs around 150-200 people. We are located 10 minutes south of Springfield, IL in the town of Auburn. Our mission is to make disciples that multiply disciples that know, reflect, serve, and point to Jesus. We are experiencing growth and there is a tremendous opportunity to be part of what God is doing.
Address4360 Baychester Ave.
Bronx, New York 10466
Weekly Attendance: n/a
Contact InformationDr. Jared Looney Phone: (347) 850-7752 Email: JaredLooney@GlobalCityMission.org
Global City Mission Initiative
Do you want to live fulfilling the Great Commission in a biblically and culturally relevant way? As the Holy Spirit leads, we invite you to join our GCMI team, beginning with the 10-month Equip training program. Equip features training in church planting movements/disciple making movements, Muslim ministry, deepening your understanding of the Gospel for all cultures, and full-time missionary experience while being coached and mentored by experienced missionaries. We offer both 10-month internships and long-term work reaching the unsaved in global cities.
Desired Skills-Committed follower of Jesus
-Willingness to learn from others in a theologically & culturally diverse setting
-Willingness to raise your own funds
-Background in multicultural settings & multicultural communication a plus
Responsibilities-Relocate to New York City for at least 1 year
-Regulate your own schedule
-Submit reports on time
-Attend trainings as required
-Complete homework tasks as required
-Be willing to step outside your comfort zone
-Learn to naturally & winsomely share Jesus with nonChristians
-Continue a close relationship with God
-Work in harmony/community/collaboration with others
Address53 Soi 44 Pattanakarn Road
Bangkok, Thailand 10250
Contact InformationMatt Miller Phone: (812) 532-0533 Email: email@example.com
We have position openings at all grade levels for the 2016-17 academic year. Our requirements are as follows:
All teachers must be Christians with a heart for missions and children.
All teachers must be native English speakers.
All teachers must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education (teaching license preferred). Other BA/BS degrees may be acceptable.
No criminal records or other convictions.
For more information, contact our U.S. representative, Matt Miller. You can also download an application and learn more at http://www.bcis.ac.th/serving_bcis.php.
Posted: Feb 4, 2016
AddressCorner of Washington and Olive Streets
East Prairie, Missouri 63845
Weekly Attendance: 70-80
Contact InformationPat Helms Phone: (573) 683-1444 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a goal oriented individual who can build relationships with members and non-members and who is enthusiastic about growing our congregation. Musical ability is a plus. Salary range with benefits is mid $50k. Benefits include a newly renovated 3 bedroom, 2 bath parsonage; allowances for medical insurance, phone, business mileage, and conventions plus paid vacations and some holidays.
Address215 Daniel St.
Tarboro, North Carolina 27886
Weekly Attendance: 25-30
Contact InformationBob DeSpain Phone: (252) 916-2653 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
To help us grow in our vision to share the peace and fulfillment that Jesus Christ can bring to ones’ life. Flexible terms of compensation, parsonage available,
position open March 1,2016. Please send resumes’ to: Tarboro Church of Christ 216 Daniel St. Tarboro, NC 27886 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Feb 2, 2016
Address1912 Smallhouse Road
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42104
Weekly Attendance: 300+
Contact InformationRobin Cox Phone: (270) 842-6231 Email: email@example.com
This full-time ministry position exists to: 1) oversee the discipleship and care of children (nursery through fourth grade), 2) plan and carry out outreach strategies for families within our community, and 3) coordinate special events for the church and community. This position reports directly to the Senior Minister. This position is 75% administration (think principal not teacher); leading roughly 100 children’s ministry partners who care for approximately 150 children through various ministries. He/she will also be the “face” of this ministry to the children and parents. A full job description can be found on our website in the “About” section under the “Staff” link.
Address7615 ridge Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Weekly Attendance: 1500
Contact InformationErnie Graf Phone: (330) 336-4622 Fax: (330) 334-7729 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Love people of all ages.
Facilitate effective, relevant, diverse worship service that engages congregation.
Establish a sense of spiritual community across the Worship Arts Ministry.
Participate in the planning and execution of special worship experiences.
Possess excellent communication skills within and outside the WA ministry.
Be a team player.
Address2714 Old Cedar Point Road
LaGrange, Kentucky 40031
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationAaron Striegel Phone: (502) 974-6469 Email: email@example.com
POSITION: Paid Part-Time Youth Minister at Buckner Christian Church, Buckner, KY
Flexible hours, to be negotiated with Pastor, Elders and Youth Committee
PURPOSE: The purpose is to minister to the youth of Buckner Christian Church in grades 7-12 and to administer, develop, and implement youth ministry programs designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth, leading them to spiritual commitments and disciplines.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- A Christian with a heart for youth. Must know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, Shall have an active spiritual life including: church attendance, prayer, Bible study, and tithing. Must have at least two years experience working with youth in a youth setting: church, social services, school etc… Have and maintain good moral character. Knowledgeable of technology equipment and how to use it. Must NOT date within the youth group!
- Conduct yourself in a Christ-like manner and demonstrate high Biblical standards as you teach youth with your own life
- Establish meaningful personal relationships with the young people in the congregation and community by investing in their lives, such as attending lunch at the area schools and attending their extracurricular activities (sporting events, concerts, school plays, and awards ceremonies)
- Lead High School age Sunday school and Youth worship! Plan for and lead youth music and skits. The activities need to be relevant and effective in instructing, training, nurturing, and equipping youth for leading a Spirit-filled life of faith and forging deep Christian friendships
- Provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping meet the needs of others. Develop short and long term goals for youth ministry. Plan and conduct a youth outing six times per year
- Create and monitor expenditures through the Youth budget. Participate in youth fundraisers
- Recruit and develop adults within the congregation to serve as committed mentors
- Work effectively with parents to foster support of the youth program, including ongoing communication to provide opportunities for input and feedback
* Ensure appropriate behavior, appearance, supervision, and security of activities, by inclusion of at least one other adult in that activity
Please send resume, three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Feb 1, 2016
Address422 Mentor Ave
Painesville, Ohio 44077
Weekly Attendance: 180
Contact InformationSearch Team Email: email@example.com
First Church of Christ in Painesville, Ohio, an Elder led congregation of 180, seeks a Senior Minister with a Church of Christ and Restoration background. Strong family based ministry is important (we recently adopted the Orange philosophy).
Basic requirements for the candidate include; Masters from a Christian church / church of Christ college/university, at least 2-5 years as a senior minister and evangelistic heart. Desired abilities and skills are; Leadership, outgoing personality, administration, preaching, teaching, vision casting, outreach, member visitation, home bound and hospital visitation.
Send resumes to: Search Team, First Church of Christ, 422 Mentor Ave, Painesville, Ohio, 44077. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address29207 Quarton Road
Palmyra, Illinois 62674
Weekly Attendance: 100
Contact InformationScott Bayles Phone: (217) 436-2554 Email: email@example.com
Blooming Grove is a thriving country congregation overflowing with children and young families. Our average attendance is just over 100 including 20-30 kids and teenagers. While the church is located in rural setting, we draw from several surrounding communities. At Blooming Grove you’ll find friendly people, encouraging messages, God-honoring worship, uplifting music and great programs for everyone in the family.
We’re looking for a part-time youth minister to join our staff (which already includes a senior pastor, children’s minister, and worship minister). The Youth Minister’s primary duties will include leading youth group on Sunday night from 6-8 pm (12-20 students attend), teach Sunday School for junior high/high school students, and plan various fellowship/outreach events throughout the year. As a part time position, the salary will range from $10,000-$15,000 based on experience.
Address4486 State Route 588
Gallipolis, Ohio 45631
Weekly Attendance: 220
Contact InformationJoe Bowers Phone: 1 (740) 446-1863 Fax: 1 (740) 446-0131 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This individual will work directly with our middle and high school students and will work alongside a senior minister and a children’s minister to reach all ages within the church. The position is full time and involves Sunday and Wednesday church services, weekly work in the church office with a secretary and ministry staff, summer camps, retreats, and a yearly mission trip. Our church is located in a beautiful small town and is made up of wonderful people. GCC is praying for an individual with great ambition to set an example for believers to follow and for someone who is passionate about the Word of God. This is a position that involves flexibility, because reaching today’s youth with the Good News is an obvious challenge. However, our God is able to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine! Our student minister will have the privilege of working with a team of ministers, elders and deacons who are passionate about our church, but who are especially concerned about the next generation.
We are hoping to find a candidate with a desire to stay for at least 4 or more years in youth ministry at our church. Turnover can be devastating in a youth program, and we want to prevent that if possible.
Address1751 Sterling Dr
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
Contact InformationCody Rader Email: email@example.com
Position Title: Camp Manager, Blue Ridge Christian Camp, McCoy, Virginia
Position Summary: To serve as the year-round Camp Manager of Blue Ridge Christian Camp. The Camp Manager is responsible to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the camp. Responsibilities and Duties as outlined below.
Required and Preferred Qualifications (In Summary):
- Spiritually mature person with strong beliefs and practices. Must provide a statement of faith and document Christian background.
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience supervising others, and the ability to get along well with people; children, youth and adults. Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Must have a criminal background check and willing to submit to periodic record checks.
- Must posses a valid drivers’ license, and be capable of operating a range of equipment. Must obtain a Virginia Driver’s license, if not already registered, within the first 30 days of employment.
- Other current certifications and training seen as advantageous include: First Aid / CPR, Serve Safe for Food Service, Climbing Wall
- Live on-site in the Camp Manager’s Residence on year-round basis, to ensure the well-being and security of camp property buildings and holdings.
- Possess moderate computer skills (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and basic internet and social media skills. Book keeping experience would be an asset.
- Required Skills: Organizational; Promotional; Administrative; and Maintenance as detailed in full Job Description and Requirements.
- Prior experience as a camp manager or assistant an advantage.
To Apply for this Position: Submit a cover letter, statement of faith and beliefs, Christian background, resume and a list of at least four references (in a Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documentation is to be received by March 1, 2016.