The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: May 23, 2016
Address507 West Call Street
Starke, Florida 32091
Weekly Attendance: 85
Contact InformationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The First Christian Church at Starke, Florida, is located in northeast Florida approximately midway between Jacksonville and Gainesville. Nearby attractions and points of interest include St. Augustine, University of Florida, Disney World in Orlando, Cape Canaveral, beaches, and numerous lakes. The church was established in the 1800’s and has a small town feel with nearby larger city conveniences.
Current average attendance for worship is approximately 85. The sanctuary will seat 250 comfortably and has a large stage area. The church facilities include the sanctuary, fellowship hall, classrooms which house a K-8th grade school, offices for the church secretary and school administrator, youth building, and pastor’s office. The church owns adjacent property for future expansion.
The church leadership is seeking a Senior Minister who possesses an in-depth knowledge of God’s word as revealed in the Holy Bible, holds fast to New Testament truths, and is an effective communicator both from the pulpit and through personal contact. He must adhere to the mission of the church to bring lost souls to Christ and to edify the body of Christ through preaching, teaching and personal visitation. The successful candidate will have successful outreach experience and be effective as an administrator of the ministerial staff.
A starting salary between $45,000 and $60,000 will be offered depending on experience as well as sick/annual leave. Additionally, participation in planned spiritual enrichment seminars/events within driving distance will be made available. There are also monthly allowances for cell phone and gasoline. A parsonage is not available; therefore, dwelling accommodations would have to be acquired. Moving expenses are to be negotiated.
The current leadership consists of two Elders and three Deacons. Paid staff includes a Youth Minister and Secretary. Other staff includes a school administrator and teachers that are not under the direction of the Senior Minister but he must work closely with the school staff in spiritual guidance for the students and coordination of calendar events of the church and school.
Please do not contact the church directly. Interested individuals should email their resume to email@example.com . Please include a resume and cover letter as well as a teaching sample on audio or video. We will confirm that we received your submission and let you know whether or not we need additional information. Blessings!
Address5720 Taylorsville Road
Fisherville, Kentucky 40023
Weekly Attendance: 700
Contact InformationDoug Martin Phone: (502) 354-1605 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spencer Christian Church is looking for a Worship/Creative Arts Minister. This position will be responsible for the planning, oversight and execution of all the worship services of the congregation. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Spencer Christian is a nineteen year old Church that recently completed a new 800 seat worship center. We are a bedroom community to Louisville, Kentucky. Over the past 18 months the Church has experienced its greatest season of growth. Any candidate for this position would have to be able to work in a fast pace, highly productive environment. We are looking for a candidate that embodies all of the three C’s; Character, Chemistry and Competency.
Please submit resume with a video link of candidate leading a worship service to email@example.com
Address21851 County Road 4
Bristol, Indiana 46507
Weekly Attendance: 130
Contact InformationThomas Short Phone: (574) 850-1327 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elkhart East Christian Church is a steadily growing congregation in north-central Indiana with a current Sunday AM worship attendance of about 130 and the intention to initiate a building expansion in the near future. Elkhart East is looking for a full-time Youth Minster to succeed the current Youth Minister who is pursuing graduate education. Candidates must be well grounded in the Faith & well acquainted with and committed to the inspired Word of God and to passing on that Biblical Faith to the Youth within Elkhart East’s sphere of influence. Some past experience in working with Youth, even as a volunteer, would be expected. Sunday AM preaching would also be expected from time-to-time, in support of the Preaching Minister. Some experience in musical worship and/or audio/visual would be a plus.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Salary package for the successful candidate will be based upon education & experience.
Candidates should send their resume & a brief bio, focused particularly on the development of their Christian faith, to the physical or email addresses provided.
Address10800 Lincoln Ave
Newburgh, Indiana 47630
Weekly Attendance: 3,500
Contact InformationJenny Aliotta Email: email@example.com
General Summary and Objective: The primary role is to meet the audio, video and lighting needs of Crossroads Christian Church’s ministry programming. The role of a Media Intern is to assist the Media Ministry Team in meeting those needs.
- Participate as a member of a cohesive team that provides sound, video and lighting support for weekend worship and special services including weddings, funerals, seasonal concerts, camps and other ministry programming.
- Assisting in general maintenance and upkeep of sound, lighting and video equipment
- Develop a working knowledge of audio, visual and lighting equipment in the church
- Assist with weekly rehearsals of worship teams
- Assist in the development of volunteers for the audio and video teams
- Attend weekly Worship Planning Team meeting in connection with the Media Director. The purpose of these meetings is to communicate all audio, visual and lighting needs for weekend worship.
- Participate in Student Tech meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to communicate the media needs of the Student Ministry Team. The Summer Media Intern will work closely with the Student Ministry Team; this includes assisting in all technical production aspects of VBS and other summer camps.
- Additional tasks as assigned
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, etc.)
- Heart for disciple making and a growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Formal Audio and Video training
- Full knowledge of live production including audio, video, lighting, multimedia, music and staging
- Ability to manage projects and teams and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in video production and editing
This job will include office environment, weekend service environment, and traveling for weeks of trips/camps.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This paid internship is a seasonal (May-August) position regularly requires long hours (50 hours a week) and frequent weekend hours.
May 3, 2016
The statements listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. This does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posted: May 22, 2016
Address110 E. Walnut
North Baltimore, Ohio 45872
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationBrad Clayton Phone: (419) 348-0454 Fax: (419) 422-7414 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Baltimore Church of Christ, an independent Christian Church, located in rural northwest Ohio, is seeking an evangelist. North Baltimore is a small community located along I-75, between Bowling Green and Findlay, Ohio. North Baltimore Church of Christ has been serving the community since 1897. Our previous evangelist died unexpectedly after serving the church and community for 20 years. We have an average Sunday morning attendance of 60. The congregation is eager to grow. Please forward resume to Brad Clayton at email@example.com or 419-957-4761
Posted: May 19, 2016
Address51 Waits Rd
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationElizabeth Simpson Phone: (859) 234-5223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Creek Christian Church in Cynthiana, Kentucky is seeking a Youth Minister to direct, guide, and further develop a healthy and dynamic youth ministry. ICCC is a growing congregation in central Kentucky (just forty-five minutes from Lexington, KY and an hour from Cincinnati, OH). ICCC currently has two Sunday morning services and averages 350 in attendance. Interested candidates may email resumes to Elizabeth Simpson, ICCC’s Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com.
Posted: May 17, 2016
Address1701 S. Michigan St.
Burlington, Indiana 46915
Weekly Attendance: 250-300
Contact InformationLance Alter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Church of Christ in Burlington, Indiana is searching for a senior minister due to the retirement of our former pastor. We are a middle-sized congregation averaging 250-300 in attendance. We are an independent Restoration Movement church. Our staff includes a full-time youth minister and a part-time children’s director. We may be contacted by email to the elders at email@example.com or by mail to the Elders, Faith Church of Christ, PO Box 177, Burlington, IN 46915
Posted: May 13, 2016
Address2045 Averitt Road
Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Weekly Attendance: 1,500
Contact InformationMatt Giebler Phone: (317) 881-9336 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MINISTER OF WORSHIP
Greenwood Christian Church
Greenwood Christian Church is an established congregation of approximately 1500 on the south side of Indianapolis. We have been at our present location—a 68-acre campus adjacent to a road that has just been connected to I-65—for 16 years. We are a modern, future-focused church with an experienced pastoral staff and strong generational diversity. (Our 156-year history means that every living generation is well represented here.) We are heavily invested in LifeGroups, daycare/preschool/Christian school, sports, local benevolence, and global missions ministries. The median age in Greenwood is about 35. 61% of adults are married, and 92% speak English. Average household income is about $71,000.
OUR VISION: To carry on the work of Jesus by loving God, and loving others.
OUR MISSION: To help people go deep …
- DISCOVER new life in Jesus;
- EXPERIENCE belonging in the family of Jesus;
- ENGAGE our world with the love of Jesus; and
- PURSUE transformation into the likeness of Jesus.
OUR 3-YEAR STRATEGIC PLAN (2014-2017):
- DISCIPLESHIP: We CONNECT with God and one another in life-changing ways to become more like Jesus.
- EVANGELISM: We CONNECT with broken, lost people by meeting them where they are, sharing God’s love and our mutual need for Jesus.
- LEADER DEVELOPMENT: We CONNECT with one another to equip and empower every believer to lead in our homes, our communities, and our church.
ABOUT THE PERSON WE’RE SEEKING:
The Minister of Worship is chiefly responsible for:
- Organizing and leading our congregation’s regular corporate worship gatherings
- Developing a culture of worship that is Christ-centered, biblically sound, creatively excellent, culturally relevant, and relationally focused.
Every member of GCC’s ministry staff is responsible for:
- Embracing and supporting GCC’s vision, mission, and essential beliefs
- Promoting unity and peace within the Body of Christ
The Minister of Worship should exemplify these traits:
- A minimum of 3 years’ worship ministry experience in a local church setting
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college
- Genuine love for the Lord and His people
- Demonstrated musical ability (solid vocal presence, and the ability to lead a band)
- Proven ability to lead, oversee, and equip both volunteers and paid staff (Ephesians 4:11-13 charges pastors not just with doing ministry, but equipping God’s people to join us, so our goal is to raise up and train others who can lead, with or without us.)
- Experience in collaborating with others to plan and facilitate worship in a local church setting (Creativity and leadership are team sports.)
- Passion for and track record of shepherding and discipling a ministry team (More than assembling a tight band, we want to engage growing disciples in leading other growing disciples in worship.)
- Skill and experience with relevant technological tools (Planning Center, PraiseCharts, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Administrative ability and experience in recruiting, auditioning, and scheduling musicians for multiple services and venues
- Tact and diplomacy (We’re a modern, future-focused church with a 155-year history, so it’s important that we listen to, care for, and connect with multiple generations.)
Viable candidates will submit (in addition to a resume) by May 31, 2016:
- A succinct statement (1 page or less) of your biblical philosophy of worship
- Video footage of yourself leading a congregation in worship
Contact: Matt Giebler, Senior Minister (email@example.com; 317-881-9336)
Posted: May 12, 2016
Address204 S. Washington
Nevada, Missouri 64772
Weekly Attendance: 240
Contact InformationWayne Jeans Phone: (417) 667-3540 Email: BarJFarms91@yahoo.com
First Christian Church of Nevada, Missouri is seeking a full-time youth minister to oversee the growth and development of our ministries to children from birth to graduation.
First Christian Church is a congregation of about 250 people with many active ministries to families. The children’s and student ministries combine for around 80 total children and students to oversee. The salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must have at least a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a Bible college, and 2 years of ministry experience is preferred (part, or full-time).
The Youth Minister is responsible for the church youth program. The first priority is leading young people to a saving faith and developing spiritual growth. The youth minister is responsible for leading all youth groups, elementary through high school. He/She is responsible for camp activities and special events. He/She supervises the Youth Center, counsels and mentors youth, works with the Christian Education Department for joint projects, assists with worship services and pulpit supply.
The candidate needs to love Jesus, be team-oriented, relational, have a heart for-and enjoy working with youth, be grounded in Restoration theology, and have an earnest desire to grow in the Lord through a personal relationship with Him and other people.
If you feel prayerfully called to respond to this position please send your resume to the address or email listed above.
Address15035 St Rt 12 E
Findlay, Ohio 45840
Weekly Attendance: 325
Contact InformationParkview Christian Church Phone: (419) 423-2161 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION TITLE: YOUTH MINISTER
Purpose of Position: To lead the Youth Ministry of Parkview Christian Church through a Christ-centered Youth Program designed to disciple and teach Junior High, High School, and College age students toward Christian maturity.
- Lead and direct the planning, preparation, performance, recruiting, coordinating and evaluating of a comprehensive youth program.
- Organize programs, service projects, trips, retreats and other activities designed to enlist and involve youth and families in ministry.
- Be responsible for: recruitment and training of Youth Sponsors, developing or selecting Christ centered curriculum that will effectively meet the Spiritual needs of the Youth.
- Develop strong relationships with families by attending extra-curricular events and supporting the students in their school activities.
- Serve as Ministry Team Leader of the Youth Ministry Team regarding objectives, goals, finances, equipment, and programs.
- Teach, lead discussions, disciple, and mentor youth in regard to Christian living, study, service, worship and application.
- Lead and/or be responsible for coordinating Youth Sponsors to lead Sunday School, Youth Group studies, Sunday morning service for teens, and Small Groups.
- Plan outreach events that enable our students to confidently bring their friends.
OTHER PASTORAL ROLES
- Share in membership visitation regarding specific needs: i.e. hospitalization, crisis, death in the family, sickness, evangelism, and other special needs.
- Be prepared to preach during the absence of or request of Senior Minister.
- Participate in and encourage attendance at church camp and Christian organizations each summer.
- Cooperate with area churches in promoting youth activities of mutual interest.
- Be available, on a limited basis, as a possible resource for activities outside of the church, with approval of Senior Minister and Eldership.
- Communicate with Elders about the Youth Ministry. Participate in monthly Elder/Staff meetings and be prepared to lead and supervise special tasks that may be assigned from time to time. Participate in the Elder Bible Study that is designed to train and equip church leadership.
- Participate in weekly Staff Meeting to coordinate schedules and upcoming events.
- Participate in weekly Sermon Study in preparation for Sunday’s message and theme.
PRINCIPAL ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
- Is under the general direction of the Senior Minister.
- Directs the recruitment, selection, and training of sponsors and teachers approved by the Eldership.
- Consults with Senior Minister for advice and assistance and works in support of the Ministers on staff by encouraging, collaborating and offering advice.
- A man of God whose life strives to achieve high standards of Christian character.
- A member of the Christian Church or Church of Christ.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent from approved Bible College or Christian University.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with youth and adults.
- Demonstrates organizational skills to carry out required tasks.
- Dedicated to winning people to Christ and deepening their faith.
- An encouraging and supportive member of a unified team ministry.
- Maintains spiritual growth/health by attending conferences, conventions, courses and study.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships through open communication and respectful conduct.
- Is the Spiritual head of his home, making quality family life a priority.
- Demonstrates a willingness to serve under the authority of others as well as being an authority for others.
Posted: May 11, 2016
Address49967 Calcutta Smith Ferry Road
East Liverpool, Ohio 43920
Weekly Attendance: 26
Contact InformationPaul Goehring Phone: (724) 643-0332 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a minister to replace our retiring minister. Currently we are refurbishing our building and looking for someone to help us grow.
Address1664 New Hope Road
Hertford, North Carolina 27944
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact Informationkevin jacot Phone: (252) 264-2747 Email: bereacoc2016@Gmail.com
Berea Church of Christ is seeking a full time experienced, Ordained Minister that believes in the New Testament movement. Applicants must be a Christian Bible College graduate with a strong Christian Doctrine. Must have strong desire to visit and do personal evangelism in the community. We are looking for a Minister who can provide the leadership to help us grow. Berea is a small country church located just outside of Hertford, NC. , we are a little over an hour away from the Outer Banks and an hour south of the Norfolk, VA area. Berea is a conservative congregation with about 60 in attendance weekly. Package includes a parsonage with four bedrooms and two baths. Please send a resume’ and a sample sermon on a CD or DVD and your salary requirements to:
663 Whitehat Road
Hertford, NC 27944
If emailing a resume, please email to Preston Godfrey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 10, 2016
Address302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Weekly Attendance: 375
Contact InformationRodney Booe Phone: (270) 465-5571 Fax: (270) 465-5577 Email: email@example.com
The Campbellsville Christian Church (Campbellsville, Kentucky) is seeking a full-time Children’s Minister to show Christ’s love to children ages birth-5th grade and their families. A quality candidate will be a Godly individual who is teachable, team-minded, passionate about reaching and discipling children for Christ, and, most importantly, faithfully leading their own walk with Christ well. Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated with a degree from a Bible college and have previous experience in church ministry. Campbellsville Christian is a church with an average worship attendance of 375 located in a college-town community of ~11,000 people. Compensation package commensurate with experience/ability. All interested applicants are asked to email their resume to:
Rodney Booe – Lead Minister
Campbellsville Christian Church
302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, KY 42718
Address1001 Charles Street
Wellsburg, West Virginia 26070
Weekly Attendance: 65-80
Contact InformationLarry Taylor Phone: (304) 215-2724 Email: Ltaylor7121@msn.com
Compensation includes a salary; parsonage with three bedrooms and a single car garage; vacation time; convention time and allowance. The job expectations include:
1. Preach at morning worship services and assist in other worship services.
2. Teach Sunday School class and Sunday evening elective class as needs arise.
3. Share pastoral and evangelistic calling with the Elders, with an emphasis on members and the sick and shut-ins.
4. Teach an optional Wednesday evening Bible Study group.
5. Visit hospitals as needed each week.
6. Compose and submit an article for the newsletter each month and help to organize the newsletter.
7. Attendance at the North American Christian Convention will be considered optional.
8. The minister shall be considered an Elder of the church by virtue of his call to the pastorate.
In addition to the general ministerial duties listed above, we hope any candidate for hire would participate in the activities of the community and our service camp at Elk Horn Valley. Also, exhibit a willingness and desire to work to reach young adults and young families as well as a willingness and desire to work to grow the middle school and high school youth groups.
The minister may continue his education, or attend educational seminars, upon discussion with, and approval from, the Elders. He needs to hold a valid driver’s license and be willing to be subjected to a background check and a drug test.
Wellsburg is a small town along the Ohio River about fifty miles from Pittsburgh. The Wellsburg Christian Church is the first church established by Alexander Campbell during the Restoration Movement. Interested individuals can submit a resume along with 3 personal and 3 professional references to the following: Ltaylor7121@msn.com or Wellsburg Christian Church Pulpit Committee, 1001 Charles Street, Wellsburg, WV 26070.
Posted: May 9, 2016
Address27220 State Route 7N
Reno, Ohio 45750
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationTeresa Eddy Phone: (740) 373-8578 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reno Christian is a small non-denominational church located in a growing community about 5 miles north of Marietta, Ohio. We are a New Testament Church seeking a part-time preaching/teaching minister to lead the congregation at Reno. Interested individuals should provide resumes with attached video or audio of sermon to this e-mail address, email@example.com. If you prefer to apply by mail we will be happy to provide mailing directions upon request.