The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (email@example.com or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Feb 17, 2017
Address154 Old Kentucky 84
White Mills, Kentucky 42788
Contact InformationBen Fulcher Phone: (270) 862-3933 Fax: (270) 862-4000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
White Mills Christian Camp is hiring staff for the summer camp season. Positions available include kitchen help, lifeguards, zip line guides, grounds keeping & house keeping. Summer staff begins work the last week of May and ends the first week of August (exact dates to be determined).
Applications are available by going to www.whitemillschristiancamp.com and clicking on “Summer Staff Application” under “Upcoming Events.” Completed applications can be mailed or emailed.
We will begin interviewing and hiring in March. Phone calls are welcome.
Address1282 Clarksburg Rd.
Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
Weekly Attendance: 30
Contact InformationHeather Insko Phone: (606) 541-1761 Email: email@example.com
Fly Branch Church of Christ is seeking a minister. We are a small country congregation located in a rural area of Lewis County, Kentucky. The position is part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time and salary is dependent upon experience. There is plenty room for growth! If interested, please send a resume with three references and an optional 10-15 minute CD or video with a sermon of yours.
Send resumes to:
2039 W KY 10
Tollesboro, KY 41189
Fly Branch Church of Christ
1282 Clarksburg Road
Vanceburg, KY 41179
Posted: Feb 16, 2017
Address260 South Main Street
New Castle, Kentucky 40050
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationTrask Murphy Phone: (502) 487-1440 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oversee the youth and children’s ministry of the church with a strong emphasis on equipping parents to be better disciple makers in their homes. Would also work alongside the Lead Pastor and assist him with pastoral care of the flock as a whole.
The job is part-time and would pay $12,000 annually plus free housing. Ideal for a single student or young married couple looking to gain ministry experience.
Address731 Independence St.
Ellettsville, Indiana 47429
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationKevin Cherry Phone: (812) 876-6500 Email: email@example.com
Ellettsville (IN) Christian Church is seeking a Minister for Youth and Children who have a passion to create a healthy environment for age appropriate discipleship, through recruiting, training and developing leaders while providing oversight of all aspects of children and youth programming.
Current staff consists of a new Sr. Minister (beginning March 19), full-time Associate Minister for Adult Discipleship, and part time worship leader. Ellettsville is a small town – population 6400 – located just minutes from Bloomington. Average attendance is 225 per Sunday.
An eligible candidate will possess the following:
- Intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Ministry or similar degree from accredited institution)
- Prior experience in leading or participating in youth ministry and/or children’s ministry of a similar size and growing church preferred
- Independent Christian Church background
To receive a full job description, send your resume and statement of beliefs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address105 East Main Street
Worthington, Indiana 47471
Weekly Attendance: 45
Contact InformationJohn Gossett Phone: (812) 875-3125 Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a student to minister with us in the area of youth for the summer. Some duties will include helping with the summer lunch program, Vacation Bible School, and one on one evangelism, focusing on fourth through eight grades. There is a $ 1,000.00 stipend and room and board is furnished. If interested, please forward your resume to the listed e-mail address.
Posted: Feb 15, 2017
Address6005 KY HWY 1842N
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Weekly Attendance: 590
Contact InformationJon Welch Phone: (859) 234-0080 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leesburg Christian Church Internship Program is an awesome opportunity for College students to experience hands-on training in a fun, fast-paced and God-honoring church leadership environment. This 8-10 week based program is designed for students who have a heart to serve in church ministry. The purpose is to equip students to excel in their skills, knowledge, and passion in making disciples within the local church.
- Completed 1st semester of college/ 18-25
- solid believer in Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior
- Vocational Ministry Interest
- 1-2 students
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- 8-10 weeks
- LCC will provide housing, food, expenses during the internship and will a love offering at the end of the internship.
- Leadership and skills training
- Vocational Ministry in growing church
- Self-guided Checklist
- Benefits gained for student: Ministry Experience, Camp programing experience, leadership development, understanding and respect for other fields of ministry.
When? *Flexible with students schedule and needs*
- 8 weeks/ June 3-July 29
- 10 weeks/ June 3- Aug.12
8-10 week Checklist:
- School Documents
- Hour Log, Journal entries of experiences
- Leesburg Documents
- One page summary of your experience including excerpts from your journal entries
- Personality profile (Myers-Briggs, Strength-finders)
- Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Help plan and execute weekly ministry events
- Help recruit/train volunteers
- Learn email/phone etiquette
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Contribute to service planning and preparation
- Learn from other ministry areas
- If your focus is youth, have some exposure to Children’s ministry
- If your focus is children, have some exposure to Youth ministry
- Both will have exposure to church administration/ budget/ assimilation
- Have coffee/lunch with each staff member/ deacon leading primary ministry
For more information visit leesburgchristianchurch.net or email email@example.com
Posted: Feb 14, 2017
Address102 W Jefferson St
Montpelier, Ohio 43543
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationChris Kannel Phone: (419) 551-4783 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the retirement of our interim minister, the Montpelier Church of Christ (MCC) is seeking a preaching minister.
Our Mission: Exalting Christ, Equipping Servants, Evangelizing the World
MCC is a small-town congregation with a large range of ages including several families. Our leadership is young and ambitious. We believe that God is calling our leadership to strengthen the spiritual health of our congregation and provide a strong outreach ministry to our community. We are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for discipleship and evangelism. We average 30-40 on a given Sunday.
We are seeking a candidate that:
- Will demonstrate dedication toward the spiritual growth of our congregation,
- Will cultivate a spirit of evangelism in our congregation,
- Exhibits high standards of Christian character,
- Has a strong Biblical mindset,
- Has a heart for youth and young families,
- Has strong administrative skills,
- Has either:
- Degree from a Restoration Church Bible college,
- Previous experience preaching in the Church of Christ/Christian Church.
We will consider either full- or part-time position with a modest, negotiable salary. Several housing options are available which may also include a housing allowance. Compensation also includes vacation time and continuing education expense assistance.
Applications should be submitted by April 1.
Please submit the following in your application packet:
- Resume – include your job history, education, military history, etc. Describe your leadership roles in other congregations, accomplishments, and any other information you believe would be relevant to the evaluation process along with at least three references with addresses and phone numbers.
- A CD/DVD or cassette tape of a recent sermon or sermons.
- A brief personal statement explaining: how you came to Christ, why you became an evangelist, and anything else you believe would help us to get to know you.
- Applications should be submitted to:
Montpelier Church of Christ Attn: Pulpit Committee 102 W Jefferson St Montpelier, OH 43543
Address3420 Blacklick-Eastern Rd
Baltimore, Ohio 43105
Weekly Attendance: 225
Contact InformationDerek Lauer Phone: (602) 284-5812 Email: email@example.com
The Grove Community Christian Church of Baltimore, Ohio is seeking a full-time Student Minister. We are looking for a person with:
- A heart that beats for Jesus and an intimate relationship with Him
- A love for Biblical truth and who enthusiastically and passionately communicates those truths
- Gifts of leadership, organization, and administration
- A commitment to excellence
- A passion for bringing the next generation to the Jesus and His church and then unleashing them to make a difference
- An understanding of student culture and ability to build a program to penetrate that culture
- A mindset to be a team player
- Ability and determination to work through a team of adults
- Self-confidence and humility
The Grove is a “restart” church located southeast of Columbus, Ohio between Pickerington and Baltimore. Over the past 18 months, we have reestablished ourselves with a new focus, mission statement and determination to be a regionally impacting church. The church is ready for the person who is going to lead the students in our region to and for Jesus.
A bit of history…
Midway Christian Church was founded in 1974. A church family donated 42 acres of land. In the 1980’s a 12,000 square foot building was erected on the property. Attendance grew to 175. By 2002 the church was struggling. Attendance had dipped to 40. There were no funds available to hire a pastor or take any steps. The leaders were at a loss for vision and direction. They contacted a mega church down in Lancaster (Fairfield Christian) seeking advice. Over the next year, the determination was made to become the satellite campus of Fairfield Christian. A 65,000 square foot building addition was added in preparation for church growth and a Christian school. During the years that followed, the mega church fell on hard times. In 2012, the determination was made to split the 2 campuses.
Derek Lauer was contacted in the Fall of 2013 about becoming the pastor at the North Campus (the satellite). It was determined that he would help lead the separation of the two churches and then lead this church to the future. He moved to Baltimore in April of 2014. Attendance was running 165. Currently, we are running about 225.
We separated the churches in May, 2015. We have purchased our land and buildings back, and have set a course for growth both transformational and numerical. Our new name is The Grove and we are poised to take our next steps. We have completed over $200,000 in renovations to the building and land, including: A $95,000 overhaul of the lighting, video and sound systems in the Worship Center (which will seat over 900), repair of the crumbling parking lot and other assorted projects. We have started a small group ministry (with 10 small groups meeting weekly). A mission’s focus is beginning to take shape. We have transitioned our music from a blended style to contemporary. We have committed to reaching out to 25-45-year-olds with children and students. We have hired a full-time Children’s Pastor. It is all coming together. Eighteen months ago we had 1 baby in the nursery – Last week we had 9!
The future of The Grove is bright. We believe God has strategically placed us to reach out to the 32,000 homes in a 10-mile radius that are filled with people who have no connection to Jesus or church affiliation. We are excited about what is straight ahead – Our hands are to the plow!
If your interest is peaked…
It is obvious we are looking for a special person. If you believe that might be you, we would love to be in contact. Send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Feb 13, 2017
Address3638 Middle Urbana Road
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio 45502
Weekly Attendance: 2500
Contact InformationAndrew Jit Phone: (937) 399-1000 Email: email@example.com
Current Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
FLSA Status: Ministerial/Exempt
The Middle School Minister will oversee and coordinate all areas in the preteen and middle school ministry from 5th to 8th grade. This person’s direct supervisor is the Director of Spiritual Life and Missions.
The mission of the Preteen and Middle School Ministry is to provide a safe and exciting place for preteens to experience Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be discipled in obedience to Him, and be equipped to serve Him.
- Lead the Preteen and Middle School Ministry as the church seeks to awaken a generation to the glory of God and instill a deep-rooted faith in the lives of preteens and middle school students.
- Remain current on curriculum and other ministry trends in the area of children ministry. This may be accomplished by online course study, reading books and periodicals, and attending approved training and events and peer-to-peer networking.
- This role is responsible for the oversight and planning of all preteen and middle school age ministries.
- Develop a core leadership team to help plan and lead in the preteen and middle school age ministries.
- Identify, recruit, train and equip volunteers as we strive to develop spiritually healthy homes, and awaken a generation to the glory of God.
- Develop in the students a commitment to the spiritual disciplines of scripture memory, prayer, having a quiet time and journaling.
- Staff and schedule volunteers for weekend services and other regular church activities.
- Oversee background checks and Teacher Approval/Statement of Faith for Middle School Ministry workers in accordance with established procedures (to be on file in main church office).
- Interview, train and place new volunteers into the ministry roles that match their abilities.
- Meet with volunteers at least annually to evaluate performance, and work with volunteers to ensure balance in commitment and scheduling.
- Implement Orange curriculum with large group, praise and teaching, and small group components and train all volunteers to teach this curriculum.
- Track attendance and visitors in the ministry.
- Provide regular social and outreach events quarterly for all grades.
- Develop outreach events that appeal and draw the unsaved.
- Help lead and promote church camp (Butler Springs Christian Assembly) and attend one camp annually.
- Develop a working relationship with parents and involve parents in activities.
- Manage and oversee the preteen and middle school budget.
- Participate in regular ministerial duties such as hospital calling, pastoral care, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to become a member of First Christian Church, support the FCC position papers and submit to the leadership establlished by the church. Must align with the mission, vision and strategies of First Christian Church.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred and a minimum of 2 years involvement in student ministry.
Absolutely must have a teachable spirit, humble heart and a passion to disciple our students in Christ.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Feb 9, 2017
Address6050 Steam Furnace Road
Peebles, Ohio 45660
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationAmy Kelley Phone: (937) 587-2692 Email: email@example.com
Family Ministries Director
Peebles Church of Christ
Objective: To oversee the children’s ministry of the Peebles Church of Christ. To equip parents to lead their children spiritually. To pay attention to family circumstance, understand the home as a setting for spiritual formation, and to provide resources and direction for families through the church and in the community.
- Ability to create and implement new programs.
- Passion for equipping, training and leading parents, guardians and families as the primary disciplers of their children.
- Able to synthesize and think critically about theological, developmental, and sociological issues associated with childhood.
- Ability to engage in both oral and written forms of communication.
- Desire to engage difficult issues and individuals, courageously shepherding people towards wholeness.
- Passion and ability to work closely with the elders, staff, deacons, and parents.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Must model a mature Christian lifestyle.
- Must understand and be familiar with the principles of the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
- Must be committed to working as a team fulfilling the vision of the Peebles Church of Christ.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee ministry to children: ages infant through sixth grade at Peebles Church of Christ.
- Recruit, train, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
- In attitude and in person support and encourage the ministries of the Peebles Church of Christ (not treating children’s ministry as the only importance).
Report to lead minister as staff supervisor.
Posted: Feb 8, 2017
Address2473 Union City Road
Richmond, Kentucky 40475
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationR. Chip Denief Phone: (859) 623-8597 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Union City Christian Church is a well established, undenominational congregation which embraces the plea to restore faith and practice to the New Testament model. We exist to make it our ambition to be pleasing to Christ (2 Corinthians 5:1-9), to effectively share the hope of Christ so as to make disciples for Him (Matthew 28:18-20), and equip the saints to be complete in Christ (Ephesians 4:12-13, Colossians 1:28).
Union City Christian Church is located 5 miles outside Richmond KY in ‘Union City’. Demographic studies reveal a rapid and consistent rate of population in our area, making outreach to our community a tremendous tool for evangelism.
Union City Christian Church is richly blessed by The Lord with a dynamic group of volunteers of all ages, and a very diverse age group of members who are committed ambassadors for Christ. This environment, coupled with the growth of our community, has provided for growth in attendance/participation as well as multiple areas of spiritual growth and we are prayerfully seeking an associate minister to partner with our eldership, senior minister and congregation in helping reach more people for Christ.
Inquiries may contact our senior minister via email, mailed resume or phone.
R. Chip Denief, 2473 Union City Road, Richmond, KY. 40475
A suitable candidate for the position will exhibit the following:
- He shall believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and only source of faith and practice.
- He shall believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, our Redeemer and Lord over His kingdom, the Church. Salvation is found in no other name.
- He shall believe salvation is a free gift of God’s grace when a believer professes faith in Christ as Savior and is immersed into Christ for the express purpose of forgiveness of sin and the indwelling gift of the Holy Spirit as God’s seal for our coming redemption.
- He shall believe in the ‘priesthood of the saints’ expressed by every Christian serving Christ in His Kingdom as ‘salt and light’ in the world and ‘ambassadors’ of the Good News of Christ.
- He shall believe in accountability to the overseers (elders/pastors) of the local congregation as spiritual leaders of the congregation.
- He shall bear the fruit of the Spirit in respect to serving Christ by serving others.
- He shall partner with the Elders and Senior Minister in ministering to and caring for the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- He shall demonstrate transparency and accountability to the Eldership, in cooperation with the Senior minister, to ensure diligence in effective ministry.
- He shall participate in weekly meetings with the ministry staff under direction of the Senior Minister to strengthen efficiency and vision.
- He shall submit an overview of ministry goals/accomplishments in a monthly meeting with the Elders and ministry staff.
- He shall participate in monthly Eldership & ministry staff meetings with the deacons.
- He shall participate in a yearly ministry review with the Elders.
- He shall partner with the senior minister, who shall serve as a mentoring partner with ministry staff.
- He shall assist the Elders and Senior Minister with pastoral care.
- He shall preach and/or teach as needed and in keeping with personal gifts/skills, under the oversight of the Elders. Regular preaching and teaching opportunities will be provided in cooperation with the senior minister.
- He shall develop ministry tools/programs, to enable/equip parents and families to provide spiritual instruction in the home.
- He shall develop a supplemental structure of learning ‘at church’ such as Sunday school, PM mid-week programs, Bible study, small groups, etc.
- He shall coordinate and participate in youth worship & learning environments during all worship services.
- He shall provide leadership, training, guidance and resources to youth volunteers to ensure successful programs for youth.
- He shall actively engage and participate in activities, programs and outreach in keeping with the vision of the Union City congregation.
- He shall coordinate all family and youth activities, including Vacation Bible School and Fall Festival.
- He shall maintain a disciplined, structured and consistent ‘in office’ schedule to allow availability to people as needed.
- He shall demonstrate an enthusiastic love for Christ and love for people.
- He shall demonstrate dedication to doctrinal purity, moral purity and personal spiritual development.
- He shall demonstrate an ability to effectively share the Gospel; proficiency in evangelism.
- He shall demonstrate a strong work ethic, organizational skills and motivation to honor Christ through service, including public and written communication and ‘people’ skills with all ages.
- He shall demonstrate humility and receptivity to oversight and constructive criticism.
- He shall be proficient in technology/computer skills, and in learning software specific to success in his given area of ministry.
- Bible college training (preferred, though not required) from an institution within Restoration fellowship.
- He shall have a reliable, safe, mode of personal transportation.
- He shall have a reliable cell-phone to ensure availability while away from the office during ‘on’ days.
- He shall be provided with a professional work environment, private office and resources necessary to serve effectively in the area of ministry entrusted to his care.
Address3321 Ruckreigel Pkwy
Louisville, Kentucky 40299
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationTim Snell Phone: (920) 791-1469 Email: email@example.com
To build and grow a cohesive worship ministry at Adventure Christian Church which is operated in harmony with our church’s mission, values and strategy. The evidence of fruit in this ministry will be as follows:
- Leading the body in authentic and Christ honoring worship on Sunday mornings and at key functions.
- The recruitment and development of a strong team of other lay worship leaders, musicians, vocalists and AV specialists who, as a team, are marked by joy, unity and dedication.
- Solid leadership as seen in the establishment of sound processes and systems which facilitate good team dynamics.
- Harmoniously working with the lead pastor and other staff in planning and designing worship experiences where people encounter and glorify God.
Address3321 Ruckreigel Pkwy
Louisville, Kentucky 40299
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationTim Snell Phone: (920) 791-1469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To build and grow a cohesive student ministry (grades 6-12) at Adventure Christian Church which is operated in harmony with our church’s mission, values and strategy. The evidence of fruit in this ministry will be as follows:· A cohesive identity within the youth characterized by strong Christ-honoring relationships.
· Youth who are won to Christ, and then discipled and rooted in their faith in a way that will last beyond their involvement in the student ministry.
· An excitement and enthusiasm for Christ and his church as expressed in the student ministry which is seen in the youth inviting other youth and the student ministry growing.
· A motivated and equipped group of adult volunteers who are passionate about our youth connecting with Christ and who are united in the vision and mission of our student ministry.
Address38029 Wheeler Rd
Dexter, Oregon 97431
Contact InformationJeremy Dotson Email: email@example.com
Trent Church of Christ in Dexter, Oregon is seeking a Children’s & Youth Minister to serve full-time with a growing, rural church. Overall responsibilities include leading the community’s children and youth to Christ through teaching, discipling, and training while equipping them to serve in the kingdom of God. This position is supported by a dedicated team of volunteers. A bachelor’s degree in children’s/youth ministry is preferred along with some practical experience in a congregational setting. To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter outlining your ministry philosophy. For more information, contact Jeremy Dotson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address2000 Jonesboro Rd.
McDonough, Georgia 30253
Weekly Attendance: 500+
Contact InformationJulie Evans Phone: (770) 954-9332 x2284 Email: email@example.com
McDonough Christian Church is located approximately 30 miles south of Atlanta in a growing, metropolitan area. With an average weekly attendance of 500+, we are seeking a next level leader to lead our 80 volunteers and 100+ children (weekly) to new levels of growth and organization as we seek to make disciples who make disciples in our community.
Applicants should have a degree from an accredited university or college, preferably at least 5 years experience in paid Children’s Ministry leadership, and also a preferred background in a Restoration movement church (Christian Church/Church of Christ).
For full job description, visit http://www.mccreach.org/get-involved/employment/
To apply, please send resume to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org