The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Jul 6, 2015
Address130 Courchelle Dr.
Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
Weekly Attendance: 477
Contact InformationPhil Richardson or Wally Rendel Phone: (859) 887-8757 Fax: (859) 881-5759 Email: email@example.com
Coordinate & oversee all aspects of Children’s Ministry, ages birth through 5th grade.
Degree and 3 years experience preferred.
Address200 College Place
Aberdeen, Mississippi 39730
Weekly Attendance: 60
Contact InformationTerry L. Cox Phone: (662) 369-8855 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to the church website for a complete job description and application.
Address155 W. Walnut St.
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Weekly Attendance: 300 to 350
Contact InformationJim Bush Phone: (937) 393-1752 x9377634050 Fax: (937) 393-5634 Email: email@example.com
The Church of Christ of Hillsboro, Ohio, is currently searching for mature young man whose passion is discipling students and growing them to maturity in Christ. This individual would be responsible for oversight of the entire youth program, nursery through high school, with focus on Jr. & Sr. High youth with involvement in other areas of church life as needed and appropriate. Prior experience is preferable. Hillsboro is the county seat of a rural county situated conveniently 50 miles east of Cincinnati, 50 miles southeast of Dayton, and 80 miles south of Columbus. A great place to grow and serve.
Address1720 Graham Rd
Franklin, Indiana 46131
Weekly Attendance: 750
Contact InformationJosh Cadwell Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionFranklin Memorial Christian Church, is a large (currently 750 average attendance) growing non-denominational church with a vision of “Showing a broken world the life changing love of Jesus”. Our goal is to engage the unbeliever, equip the believer, and prepare people to become Christ followers. FMCC is an established congregation that is experiencing revival with a clear direction. We are located in a medium size college town about 20 miles south of Indianapolis, IN. (35,000 people live within 10 miles of our campus). We are currently looking for a Worship Minister who is a spiritually mature Christ Follower. This individual will be a part of a team that produces creative, inspiring, and engaging modern/contemporary/rock worship experiences.Other responsibilities would include:Basic Administrative Duties: Be able to operate Easy Worship, Planning Center Online. Provide: service outlines, chord charts. Schedule: worship team members, equipment, and stage set up.Ministry Development: Shepherding, worship service planning, recruit, and audition musicians. Have frequent worship team gatherings. Participate in weekly staff/pastoral/service debrief/service planning meetings.This is a ministerial salaried position which requires 40-50 hours per week.If you feel God may be calling you to this opportunity please send a resume, a cover letter, and at least two video links of you leading worship (One of the videos needs to be a full service). As well as three references to Josh Cadwell, Lead Minister at: email@example.com
AddressPO Box 474
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Weekly Attendance: 400
Contact InformationJim Borton Phone: (330) 339-6715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Worship/ Music Ministry. Previous experience as a worship leader in a local church is preferred.
The Worship Arts Minister will have an understanding between performance and worship. Because First Christian Church currently promotes a multi-generational worship, the Worship Arts Minister will be a people oriented leader who will foster a relevant environment in which all people can encounter God in an expression of worship.
Although the primary responsibilities of the Worship Arts Minister relate to the planning and execution of the Weekly Worship Services, many other responsibilities are required.
For a detailed job description please contact the church office.
330-339-6715 or email Kathy@fccnewphila.org
Posted: Jul 4, 2015
Address2746 US Highway 231
Crawfordsville, Indiana 47933
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationDave McCormick Phone: (765) 376-4001 Email: email@example.com
The New Hope Christian Church is an Independent, Non-denominational, Instrumental, Restoration Movement congregation with an average worship attendance of 300. We are a Bible-based congregation whose mission is to lead people to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ. Our congregation was established in 1977 and has a strong presence in the local community and internationally through our Faith Promise Missions Ministry.
The Senior Minister and the Elders are responsible for the oversight and spiritual welfare of the Church, staff, and all related ministries. When fully staffed, the church staff consists of four full-time ministerial positions, one full-time financial administrator, one part-time administrative assistant, and one part-time counselor.
New Hope’s worship style is contemporary having vocalists and a praise band who lead. We offer two Sunday morning services separated by our Sunday School Hour. Ministry to children and youth takes place during the second worship hour and on Sunday evenings. There are several adult small groups that meet in members’ homes throughout the week. Additionally, New Hope operates a preschool program and after-school care.
Graduate of a Restoration Movement Christian Bible College or University with
a Master’s Degree preferred.
A minister for 5 or more years, experienced in supervising, or working with, multiple staff, and having served a congregation of preferably 300 or more.
The Senior Minister needs to possess the following Holy Spirit given gifts and
related talents and abilities (which follow them in parenthesis).
• Serving, Rom. 12:7
• Teaching, Rom. 12:7 (Preaching, Evangelism, Missions minded)
• Encouraging, Rom. 12:8 (Shepherding, Promote Unity)
• Leadership, Rom. 12:8 (Administration, Self-Starter/self-motivated, Visionary Development of future church leaders)
• Mercy, Rom. 12:8
The Senior Minister shall:
• Demonstrate commitment and dedication to the congregation through thorough preparation and delivery of spiritually informative, challenging, and encouraging material during Sunday morning services.
• Maintain awareness of congregation attendance and personal issues – developing an approach for encouraging member participation.
• Support all church activities and functions (through attendance and participation as is opportune – consistent with the participation we desire from congregation members and church leadership).
• Participate in other activities that promote broader body unity and spiritual growth.
• Keep and maintain scheduled office hours
In addition to obligatory responsibilities, the Minister is encouraged to participate in activities (family or hobby), other church activities, and community activities. Involvement in “non-work” activities reflects an important balance; promotes credibility in establishing a foundation for relationships and opportunities within the community. New Hope Christian Church encourages involvement within the community recognizing the importance of personal evangelism and ministry outside the church building.
As Christians, management of our personal time reflects our personal priorities and commitment. As the spiritual leaders of the congregation, the elders and the Senior Minister must be committed to “protect” or “guard our testimony” as the Apostle Paul states. Our behaviors must support our roles as spiritual leaders and we must mutually hold one another accountable.
Interested candidates should send a resume detailing education and qualifications along with references to: NewHopeCCSearch@gmail.com
Posted: Jul 1, 2015
Address5333 Austin Rd.
Cambridge, Maryland 21613
Contact InformationJohn McArthur Phone: (410) 228-0574 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for full time teachers in our grade school and middle school programs.
Address1650 N. Western Ave
Liberal, Kansas 67901
Weekly Attendance: 35-45
Website: Friends Church of Liberal - Facebook page only
Contact InformationDavid Foreman Phone: (620) 544-5363 Email: email@example.com
We are a church in a town in Southwest Kansas with a population of approximately 20,000, we celebrated our 100th anniversary in February 2015.
Our average attendance is 35-45, but we know we have the potential to grow our congregation to a much higher participation than that. We are a “programmed” Friends (Quaker) meeting, so we are looking for a pastor with strong preaching skills. A portion of each worship service is set aside for open worship, in the Quaker tradition – it is an important part of our service.
We seek a pastor who has a strong work ethic, is an effective preacher, and who will dedicate herself or himself to the vision and mission of making disciples of Christ. A seminary degree is preferred. If not, a strong academic background in theology is desired.
Salary package: $45,000, plus parsonage (We are purchasing a new parsonage).
Please email or mail cover letter and resume (with references) to David Foreman, Presiding Clerk at: Box 1595 Liberal, KS 67905, firstname.lastname@example.org ; or Dale Kile, Spiritual Life Chairman at: email@example.com ; or Carmen Sumner, at firstname.lastname@example.org . If available, send a video file or audio file of up to two recent sermons, or provide information where sermons can be accessed on a web site.
As Christ-centered Friends, we believe that apostolic (New Testament) doctrines are essentials of Christianity. Fundamental truths considered as vital and life-giving are: the Fatherhood of God; the deity and humanity of Jesus the Son; the ministry of the Holy Spirit; Christ’s atonement which reconciles believers to God; the resurrection of Jesus Christ which assures true believers of life after death; the high priesthood of Christ who gives access to the Father by forgiving sins; and the individual priesthood of believers who may approach God directly without human intervention. (See Faith and Practice, Mid-America Yearly Meeting (Rev. 2003).
Posted: Jun 30, 2015
Address2930 Middle Road
Winchester, Virginia 22602
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationKraig Bishop Phone: (540) 723-0030 Email: email@example.com
New Life Christian Church is looking for a passionate individual to join our team and serve as our Children’s Pastor/Director. Our current team is made up of: full-time Lead Pastor, full-time Teen Pastor, part-time Secretary, and part-time Children’s Director who is transitioning out of the position. With the right person and God’s guidance, we believe this position can grow to full-time within a few years. Please submit a resume and references if interested.
Posted: Jun 29, 2015
Address1124 North Webster Street
Taylorville, Illinois 62568
Weekly Attendance: 350
Contact InformationJames C. Jones Phone: (217) 824-6621 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylorville Christian Church (www.taylorvillechristian.com) is seeking a Minister of Connections to join its staff and lead its Small Groups and Involvement ministries. The leadership of TCC believes that small groups will be a key to helping people connect with God and with others. The Connections Minister will develop a strategic plan to take the current small groups program and expand it significantly. The Connections Minister will also help develop a clear path from a guest’s first visit to becoming an active participant in the life of the church.
A highly qualified candidate will hold a seminary degree and will have experience leading a small groups or involvement ministry. He/she will be equipped to recruit, teach, and lead volunteer leaders and will be passionate about helping TCC continue to fulfill its mission to love God and love others both in Taylorville and beyond.
TCC is a 50-year-old congregation of 350 which continues to have a growing, productive ministry. Taylorville is a town of 10,000 and is located in central Illinois within easy driving distance of Springfield and Decatur.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to ATTN: James C. Jones, Taylorville Christian Church, 1124 North Webster Street, Taylorville, IL 62568
Address302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Weekly Attendance: 360
Contact InformationRodney Booe Phone: (270) 465-5571 Fax: (270) 465-5577 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Campbellsville Christian Church (Campbellsville, Kentucky) is seeking a full-time Student Minister to show Christ’s love to students grades 6-12 and their families. A quality candidate will be a Godly individual who is teachable, team-minded, passionate about reaching and discipling teens for Christ, and, most importantly, faithfully leading their own walk with Christ well. Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated with a degree from a Bible college and have previous experience in church ministry. Campbellsville Christian is a church with an average worship attendance of 360 located in a college-town community of ~11,000 people. Compensation package commensurate with experience/ability. All interested applicants are asked to email their resume to:
Rodney Booe – Lead Minister
Campbellsville Christian Church
302 Lebanon Avenue
Campbellsville, KY 42718
Address10947b East State Road 78
Moore Haven, Florida 33471
Weekly Attendance: 75
Contact InformationStephen Click Email: email@example.com
Seeking an ordained minister from the independent Christian Church/Church of Christ. We are a small church in SW Florida that has a deep history and averages around 40-50 during the summer months, up to 150 during January-March. A rural community located on the shores of Lake Okeechobee that is rich in outdoor activities. Preferred candidate would have a four year degree from a Bible college. 3 BR/2 bath parsonage included. Please send resume to: Elders, Lakeport Christian Church, 10947 E State Road 78, Moore Haven, FL 33471-5068 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Jun 27, 2015
Address1284 E. Bullard Ave.
Fresno, California 93710
Weekly Attendance: 300
Contact InformationAJ Sanchez Phone: (559) 558-7660 Email: email@example.com
The youth minister’s responsibility is to be the primary leader of our stu- dent ministries, taking an active and visionary role (a) in guiding the junior high and high school students of the College Church and its extended community down the path of spiritual development in Christ Jesus, and (b) in helping them live out the mission of God in meaningful ways in their homes, schools, neighborhoods and workplaces. The youth minister will be part of a collaborative staff and ministry team that is guiding an entire church out of the attractional model of the past into the missional model of increasing engagement with our context for the sake of expanding the Kingdom of God.
Address2015 Fifth Avenue
Havre, Montana 59501
Weekly Attendance: 450
Contact InformationFrank Donato Phone: (406) 399-0151 Fax: (406) 265-6306 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position DescriptionFifth Avenue Christian is looking for a full-time Associate Minister of Worship. FACC is located in Havre (northern Montana) and is currently running around 450 people. We are a church that simply wants to love God and love people. We seek a man to lead our weekend worship services and music teams as well as oversee our weekly home groups.Job Description Worship Minister:(1. Music preparation for weekly services.(2. Scheduling and recruiting band and vocal members.(3. Weekly band/vocal rehearsals.(4. Work with student and college ministries in area of worship.(5. Help people develop a lifestyle of worship while experiencing God.Other Responsibilities:(a. Share in pastoral care ministry, through weddings, funerals, and benevolence needs.(b. Occasional preaching as needed.Check out our website at: www.fifthavenuechristian.orgIf interested, please send your resume to …Job Requirements:Salary package is competitive and available upon interview. A detailed job description is available upon request.Application Requirements:resume with references to … email@example.com
Address4011 East 550 North
Rushville, Indiana 46173
Weekly Attendance: 200
Contact InformationBob Hoel Phone: (765) 645-5058 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be referred to as Senior Minister. The Senior Minister will, with the Elders, lead the overall program of the Church, as well as oversee the daily operations of the Church staff.
The Senior Minister communicates and reports directly to the Elders of the Congregation.
The Senior Minister will provide primary leadership to the Congregation by inspiring the Church’s activities in a way that will glorify God: by promoting Christian growth within the Body, and outreach to the community. This leadership will be focused on meeting the goals and objectives of the Congregation as established by the Elders, being especially sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feeding the Flock: This is the Senior Minister’s primary responsibility. It assumes that he himself will remain spiritually nourished and that a significant amount of his time will be devoted to prayer, Bible study, learning opportunities, as well as other activities that will promote his spiritual growth.
- Preaching: Preaching will be the Senior Minister’s primary tool of leadership. Sermons should teach, encourage, motivate, and correct when necessary. He will monitor, be responsible for, and have primary input to all that happens in the pulpit (including scheduling of guest speakers).
- Worship Services: The Senior Minister will play a primary role in working with the Worship Elder and Music Ministry Leader to develop worship services that will honor God and bless His people.
- Pastoral Care: The Senior Minister will seek to maintain contact with people who have special needs, whether physical, spiritual, or emotional. He will provide encouragement and comfort in such times of need by visiting in people’s homes, hospitals, nursing homes, funeral chapels, or wherever the need should be. He will also communicate those needs to the Elders, so they and the Congregation can participate in the pastoral care of the Church.
- Teaching: The Senior Minister will teach where he has opportunity, seeking to instruct in areas where his knowledge and gifts can best be used. The Senior Minister will work with the Education Elder to develop education programs such as Christian education, Bible studies, and small groups to encourage continuing Christian formation in the Congregation.
- Counseling: The Senior Minister is encouraged to apply the Word of God in personal contexts as he has opportunities to counsel people. Where situations are particularly complicated or potentially time-consuming, he is encouraged to refer to appropriate professionals.
- Evangelism: Evangelism is an important work of the Senior Minister since he serves in the role of evangelist (2 Tim. 4:5)
- The Senior Minister will work closely with the Outreach areas of ministry, helping develop opportunities for connecting people to the Church.
- The Senior Minister will model personal evangelism in his own life by sharing the gospel with individuals with which he has opportunity to witness.
- The Senior Minister will promote personal evangelism within the Congregation through his preaching, and by leading evangelism training classes as needed.
- Administration: Since the Senior Minister is involved in the daily overseeing of matters of the Church, he is responsible for much of the day to day administration of the Church and its staff.
- The Senior Minister is responsible with the Elders for creating the vision of Plum Creek Christian Church and casting it before the Congregation.
- The Senior Minister provides regular input to the Elders regarding future planning needs and opportunities which he believes are necessary to enhance the growth of Plum Creek Christian Church.
- The Senior Minister meets each week with the staff to discuss matters of planning, and problem-solving.
- The Senior Minister generally maintains weekday office hours between 9-5 PM, except for meetings, calls, or other pastoral duties that may call him away from the office.
- The Senior Minister meets regularly with the Elders and Ministry Leaders to determine ministry assignments and monitor progress of ministry programs.
- Church-At-Large: Since the local body of Christ is part of the Church “universal,” the Senior Minister is encouraged to participate in ministries and programs that recognize the larger Body of Christ.
- Minister’s Associations: The Senior Minister will seek to be identified with appropriate minister’s groups that will provide encouragement and resources for ministry and that will demonstrate the essence of Christian unity.
- Other Church related boards/ministries: The Senior Minister may serve in these activities with approval from the Elders, understanding that they should not take precedence over responsibilities at Plum Creek Christian Church.