The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.Submit Opening
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org or 606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Posted: Nov 25, 2015
AddressP. O. Box 456
Harrodsburg, Kentucky 40330
Weekly Attendance: 250 - 300
Contact InformationRonnie Ping Phone: (859) 734-6927 Fax: (859) 734-6997 Email: email@example.com
preach and teach
current staff 4 full time and 4 part time
elder led with sr pastor an elder
Address1305 E. Grand Avenue
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
Weekly Attendance: 125-200
Contact InformationSearch Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Avenue Christian Church (GACC), located in Carbondale, Illinois (about 100 miles southeast of St. Louis and about 200 miles northwest of Nashville), invites applications for the position of Senior Minister.
Please refer to our full job advertisement at http://goo.gl/82Rn7W for information on our church, the Senior Minister position and duties, candidate qualifications, and how candidates may apply for the position.
Grand Avenue Christian Church … “Encouraging Everyone to Live Each Day for Jesus.”
Address3021 N Taylorsville Rd.
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Weekly Attendance: 110 to 125
Contact InformationGlenn Hess Phone: (937) 763-2455 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
Country Church 45 miles east of Cincinnati and 12 miles from Hillsboro, Ohio. Parsonage available
Address1715 Stringtown Pike
Cicero, Indiana 46034
Contact InformationNate Frederick Phone: (865) 622-1080 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cicero Christian Church is located about half an hour north of Indianapolis. We are currently looking for interns to serve with our worship, youth, and children’s ministries. Interns would work closely with our ministers and will be given plenty of opportunities to lead and use their gifts. This is a paid internship that pays 200.00 a week. We would highly prefer six-month interns, but are accepting applications for three-month interns as well. Housing will be provided. Your responsibilities will vary based on which ministry area you are working with, but you will follow the office hours of the ministry staff and assist them with their daily responsibilities. We take the task of bringing on interns very seriously at CCC. You are coming to work for and learn from us, and we are looking to pour into and develop you while you are serving with us. Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief description of themselves to email@example.com.
Address197 Church Road
Harbinger, North Carolina 27941
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationBrenda Miller Phone: (252) 491-8331 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Powells Point Christian Church is located in Harbinger, NC just 5 miles from the beautiful Outer Banks. PPCC is a unique servant oriented church, supporting various missions around the globe as well as locally. Averaging 80 in attendance for Sunday morning worship service, it has a true “family” appeal. PPCC has always shown a passion for youth. We seek a full time minister with a passion for people of all ages as well as spiritual gifts in leadership and biblical knowledge. Total compensation package, depending on experience and education, includes housing, salary, convention allowance and vacation.
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Posted: Nov 24, 2015
Address200 E. Mountcastle Dr.
Johnson City, Tennessee 37601
Weekly Attendance: 1400
Contact InformationAdam Proffitt Phone: (423) 557-4076 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Full-Time Children’s Ministry Team Member
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Children’s Ministry, Education, or other related field. Preferred at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Description of Job Requirements: Will work primarily with birth-kindergarten children, preparing Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming, coordinating and recruiting volunteers, working with the Children’s Ministry team on special events including VBS, and other general pastoral care needs. Our children’s ministry includes over 450 children and their families, in a church with an average weekend attendance of 1400.
Necessary Skills: Have strong work ethic, be self-motivated, proven ability to recruit and retain volunteers, and be adept in Microsoft Office.
Respond with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References will be requested of final candidates.
We will be accepting resumes through December 22.
Address541 Liberty Way
Lonaka Harbor, New Jersey 08731
Weekly Attendance: 40
Contact InformationMelody A. Johnsen Phone: (609) 693-8150 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC is seeking a preacher/minister/pastor to lead CCC to “lovingly glorify God, communicating His Word and developing personal relationships with Him through Jesus.” Basic requirements: a growing disciple of Christ; a bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry from Christian church college; 3 yrs. experience; computer skills; ministerial leadership skills. Must desire to help CCC reach out to young aduts and families while also ministering to senior citizens for Jesus Christ.
Posted: Nov 23, 2015
AddressP.O. Box 290
Pounding Mill, Virginia 24637
Weekly Attendance: 156
Contact InformationRobert Smith Phone: (276) 345-5529 Email: email@example.com
POSITION AVAILABLE: FULL TIME ASSOCIATE FAMILY MINISTER
– ASSIST SENIOR MINISTER WITH VISITATION
– ASSIST WITH TEACHING TO ADULTS AND YOUTH
– ASSIST WITH PREACHING
– ASSIST WITH WEEKLY NURSING HOME MINISTRIES
– LEADING WORSHIP AND SONG SERVICE
– ASSIST WITH WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY TEACHING
– ASSIST WITH WEEKLY RADIO BROADCAST
– WORK WITH ASSISTING YOUTH LEADERSHIP (CHILDREN’S CHURCH,YOUTH WORSHIP
AND OTHER EXSISTING PROGRAMS)
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS BODY OF BELIEVERS: WE ARE A GROWING CONGREGATION WITH AN AVERAGE ATTENDANCE OF 156 WITH EXCELLENT PROSPECT FOR FUTURE GROWTH.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: ATTENTION OF ELDERS VIA MAIL OR EMAIL:
YOU MAY CHECK US OUT ON LINE @ www.claypoolhillchurchofchrist.com or on our 2 facebook pages- Claypool Hill Church of Christ and Claypool Hill Church of Christ youth group.
Address5350 E. Hulman Drive
Terre Haute, Indiana 47803
Weekly Attendance: 250-300
Contact InformationTodd Payton Phone: (812) 877-1187 Fax: (812) 877-3457 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Christian Church is seeking a youth minister that will connect with children/teens and their families. Responsibilities include:
Developing a children’s ministry for k-5. Recruiting and training of adult volunteers, curriculum, programs, children’s church, teach children’s church weekly and or oversee the use of volunteers. Develop a calendar of events that will engage children and their families.
Develop a Student Ministry for 6-12. Recruit and train adult volunteers, hold volunteer meetings once a month, establish curriculum and coordinate the Student Ministry. Plan trips, conferences, service projects, and mission trips.
Other responsibilities: Preaching 6-8 times a year, hospital and nursing homes visits, funerals and weddings as needed, and other general ministry responsibilities.
Union has a Senior Minister, Worship Minister, and church secretary. We are looking for a youth minister who wants to be a part of a team, working together with the leaders of the church to build HIS kingdom. Union is in a transition and we have big plans for the future. We’ve just hired a new Senior Minister and added a full-time worship minister. We are wanting to grow in numbers and spiritually. If you think you would like to be a part of our church please contact our Senior Minister:
Todd Payton @ email@example.com or call @ 812.877.1187
side note: our web-site might be under construction, we are in the process of completely re-doing it.
Address11196 KY 57
Tollesboro, Kentucky 41189
Contact InformationSilas Ripato Phone: (502) 609-0714 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tollesboro United Methodist Church
Children / Youth Minister
Job Summary: To introduce children and youth to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth. To plan, coordinate and oversee activities for children and youth to promote fun, spiritual development, and ministry and outreach involvement.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Must be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
• Must see this position as having strong moral and ethical convictions to serve God in the position.
• Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with children and youth.
• Must be able to teach, train, and disciple youth workers.
• Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens with knowledge of possible biblical solutions.
• Must be in good physical and mental health.
• Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
• Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Children / Youth Minister shall include the following:
• Organize and lead the children’s worship service on Sunday mornings.
• Organize and lead the Youth group meetings.
• Organize and participate in youth oriented activities.
• Willing to work with church teams to see the programs expand and grow.
• Attend worship services and other events as time allows.
• Coordinate and participate in mission outreach experiences.
• Prepare a calendar and/or newsletter for youth.
• Recruit volunteers and workers.
• Provide oversight of children and youth and children and youth volunteers. Assure youth groups maintain a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth.
• Be acquainted with personal lives of the young people. For example: visit homes, attend school events, and make a hospital visit.
• Foster open communication with parents/guardians primarily through youth volunteers or by other means of communication.
• Assure the church children and youth are taught the Bible.
• Assure proper care of facilities used by the children/youth programs.
• Attend monthly church board meetings to give oral or written reports on activities.
• Make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used in all of the children and youth programs, while at the same time respecting the opinions of the church volunteers.
• Report directly to the pastor.
• Work and coordinate with church pastor and children and youth team.
• Attend feedback sessions with the PPR committee.
• Time off requests would be given to the PPR committee.
• When absent, all duties would be covered prior to leaving.
How to apply:
• Send resume to: Tollesboro United Methodist Church
11196 KY 57
Tollesboro, KY 41189
• Email resume to: email@example.com
Address111 N. Morton Ave.
Centerville, Indiana 47330
Weekly Attendance: 500/600
Contact InformationWes Sewell Phone: (863) 221-7842 Fax: (765) 855-1002 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centerville Christian Church is looking for someone who can and desires to be part of a cohesive team. The position we are looking to fill is that of student minister. The right candidate for this position will be chosen by the senior minister with a vetting process and input from elders and search team. We are a staff led/elder oversight governance model. We are looking for someone to lead/coordinate our student ministries. Position will work closely with our other family ministries as we have an “orange” model of ministry. Preference given to those with previous experience and Bible college degree. Good organizational skills a must. Other duties could be tailored to fit candidate’s skill set – ability to assist with adult discipleship a plus. Candidate should also have good leadership skills including people skills and the ability to recruit and train volunteers. Experience at a larger church is a must. Church currently runs 550-600 in attendance. Candidate also needs to be a person of character that reflects the heart of Jesus. Besides the senior minister, we currently have a full-time worship arts minister, full-time children’s director, full-time ministry assistant, part-time seniors/pastoral care minister, and 2 part-time ministry assistants.
Package currently includes health insurance, disability and life insurance policies, retirement benefits after one year, as well as other benefits and will be determined based on education and experience. Applicants should send a resume that includes experience and education, cover letter, and any social networking info.
Centerville Christian Church
111 North Morton Ave
PO BOX 37
Centerville, IN 47330
Address12930 E. Co. Rd. 1700N
Arcola, Illinois 61910
Weekly Attendance: 80
Contact InformationEmerson Moore Phone: (217) 268-3479 Fax: (000) 000-0000 Email: email@example.com
God is great! And we are excited to see who will answer His call to be our full-time senior pastor at Walnut Grove Christian church. This is a re-post. We have been blessed as we went through the search process to receive among many applications two from men who were really qualified for the open position and who would have served Him perfectly here at Walnut Grove. But after seeking God’s guidance, He led each of them to continue with his current ministry. So check us out and be blessed and be a blessing!
WGCC, an independent Christian church established in 1889 and part of the Restoration Movement, is seeking a full-time senior pastor who preaches and teaches the Word of God and who will partner with the church in “Witnessing for Jesus Christ.”
Salary range: $45,000 to $50,000.
Education: Bible college or seminary graduate.
Experience: Ordained pastor with at least four years of pastoral experience.
Location: Rural; nearest town, Arcola, pop. 3,000. Also located near Charleston and Mattoon. (A two-hour drive from Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln, IL.)
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION GO TO: www.walntgrovecc.org and click on Employment.
Address2745 Old Morgantown Rd
Martinsville, Indiana 46151
Weekly Attendance: 190
Contact InformationTracy Scott Hunter Phone: (765) 318-1457 Email: Tracy@HuntersHoneyFarm.com
Associate Minister Job Description
I. Purpose of Position: To serve the church, by example and instruction, to a saving knowledge of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To encourage and assist them in becoming a Christian and help them develop their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:• Assist the youth team in organizing, coordinating all aspects of the Youth Ministries at Eastview. This includes helping recruit and train teachers, youth sponsors, and helpers, as needed, to better ensure adequate staff and a successful Youth Ministries program.• Assumes responsibility for helping organize and promote the various ministry teams and their projects. He will also assist in the reviews of these programs based on goals and objectives.• Provides leadership, confidential spiritual counseling, and is a role model for our church and community.• Monitors the church social media to ensure information is accurate and up to date.• Willingly, prepares and presents biblical sermons in coordination with the Sr. Minister.A team teaching approach is desired.• Facilitate a program for new member and new Christian orientation.• Additional duties assigned by Elders as needed.
III. Communication and Collaboration:
· The Associate Minister works under the oversight of the Elders and the direction of the Sr. Minister. He is expected to exhibit a high degree of initiative and collaboration in performing his assigned duties and responsibilities.
· The Associate Minister keeps the Sr. Minister informed of scheduled activities, events, changes in work schedule, and any problems that need higher level attention. The Sr. Minister is available to provide advice and counseling, when requested.
IV. Other Significant Facts:
· The Associate Minister is expected to present an orderly appearance and be in compliance with ethical, legal, moral and biblical principles of the Bible. Personal action bringing discredit upon self, and or the congregation, may be cause for termination.
· The Associate Minister will receive an Annual Performance Evaluation conducted by the elders with input from the Sr. Minister. Results of this evaluation will serve as a basis for other actions such as pay raises, recognition awards, promotions, warnings, removal, etc.
Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Address202 W Pine St
Griffith, Indiana 46319
Weekly Attendance: 208
Contact InformationShawn Cornett Phone: (219) 924-6840 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from Restoration Movement College/University
Experience: Experience Preferred
Salary: $28,000 + benefits
Parsonage: Yes – 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment
Do you have a passion to work with lots of great kids age 0-12?
Does your heart race at the thought of making an eternal difference in the lives of children?
Do you want to help people follow Jesus with a church family focused on doing just that?
Do you want to a part of a growing church that is seeing God change many lives?
Then you need to check out Griffith First Christian Church in Griffith, Indiana.
We’re looking for someone to take our children’s ministry to the next level.
We have over 40 kids involved in our children’s ministry on Sunday mornings and nearly 60 kids who attend our Thursday night “Kids For Christ” program.
We have a team of awesome volunteers who are ready to work with you to make a positive impact for Christ in the families of our communities as we work toward our mission of Helping People Follow Jesus.
Griffith First Christian Church is experiencing some amazing growth (19% over 2014), especially in our children’s ministry. We’re looking for the right man or woman to join our team and help us work toward our mission.
Our new children’s minister will be entrusted with:
- Overseeing all aspects of the children’s ministry of Griffith First Christian Church
- Equipping families with the tools needed to disciple their children
- Building relationships between children and their families and with other families within the congregation
- Recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers for the children’s ministry
- Choosing and planning the various curricula needed for Helping People Follow Jesus within the children’s ministry of Griffith First Christian Church
- Regularly evaluating the children’s ministry of Griffith First Christian Church
- Planning regular events for the children and families of our church family and of the surrounding communities
- Acting as a resource person for Fuel (the 7th-12th grade ministry) as children transition out of the children’s ministry and into Fuel
- Acting as a resource person for our pre-school (God, Me & ABC) by encouraging the families of our pre-school to become a part of the Griffith First Christian Church family
The children’s minister will report to the senior minister and the elders.
Griffith, Indiana is a town of 19,000 located in Northwest Indiana about 45 minutes from downtown Chicago. We are an Indiana suburb of Chicago with many family-oriented activities less than an hour away. There are many opportunities for entertainment and shopping all within a short drive. Griffith First Christian Church has been a part of the Griffith Community since 1920. Our mission and our passion is Helping People Follow Jesus. We want to make more and better followers of Jesus Christ who are excited about loving God, loving others and spreading the Gospel.