- Scholastic achievement as evidenced by college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Valid, non-restricted license as a registered nurse in a United States jurisdiction.
- Two satisfactory letters of reference providing evidence that the prospective student is both competent and ethical.
- A writing sample describing the applicant’s educational and professional goals along with rationale for desiring to enroll in the YSN program.
- Applicants that enter the program without RN experience must provide evidence of a minimum of 800 hours of RN clinical practice prior to progressing to NUR 617: Advanced Nursing Internship I.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores when English is a second language. An internet-based score of 85 is required. Must be taken in the last 5 years.
Two ways to apply:
You can apply to KCU’s nursing programs via NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing HERE
Or apply to KCU’s nursing program using a KCU application. HERE
- Click on the link above and you will be directed to the login page where you can either create an account or log into an existing account.
- Navigate to the Programs List page and select Kentucky Christian University from the school drop down menu.
- Click on the blue “+” button next to your program of choice. From there you can navigate to the main application dashboard and fill out your information.
- We recommend you visit the “Program Materials” section first to view KCU’s program page and learn about our requirements.
2. Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- 2 references (1 from direct supervisor and 1 personal/academic)
- Writing sample describing educational and professional goals along with rationale for desiring to enroll in the YSN program
- Evidence of TOEFL for ESL students – have official scores sent to KCU
- Copies of college transcripts from all schools attended – request official copies be sent directly to Nursing CAS
- Official high school transcripts will be collected upon acceptance
ATTENTION – IMPORTANT DATES
Spring Admission Application Deadline – January 10, 2022
*Completed application packets received after deadlines will be reviewed based upon number of available seats
If you have questions about our RN-MSN Program, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org