- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Yancey School of Nursing has a limited enrollment. Applicants are reviewed by the Nursing Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee (NAPGC). Selection of Yancey School of Nursing applicants is based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of ASEN 101 English Composition I, ASEN 102 English Composition II, ASBS 111 Anatomy and Physiology I, ASBS 112 Anatomy and Physiology II, and BSPS 101 Introduction to Psychology, with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of 30 credit hours or more of college level coursework. (Courses numbered below the 100 level will not be considered as part of the required 30 credit hours).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minimum ACT score of 21 or current SAT equivalent OR previously earned degree from an accredited Institution, minimum Associate Degree.
- Personal statement describing your interest in nursing as a career and, specifically, the reason for desiring to enroll in the Yancey School of Nursing Program.
- Test of Foreign Language Exam, minimum score of 207 computer or 540 pencil required for students from non-English speaking cultures.
- Students who have been out of school in excess of five years must re-take Anatomy and Physiology I & II.
- The Yancey School of Nursing will accept applications for Fall 2013 enrollment to the BSN program January 10, 2013 through June 1, 2013.
- Applications received after this date will not be reviewed until the last weeks of June and July, as enrollment numbers permit.
- Download Pre-licensure Admission Application
- All prerequisite requirements for admission to the Yancey School of Nursing must be complete by June 1, 2013.
- Please submit a complete application packet to:
KCU YSN Nursing Admission
100 Academic Parkway
Grayson, KY 41143
- Students applying by the application deadline will be notified of acceptance status via mail to the address listed on the application.
The Nursing Admissions, Progression & Graduation Committee (NAPG) reviews student requests for admission and progression in the Yancey School of Nursing. Students may be asked to schedule an interview with the NAPG Committee to support their case for admission, readmission, or continuation. All information reviewed will be strictly confidential.
A student has the right to appeal the decision of the NAPG Committee to the Dean of the Yancey School of Nursing.
The application packet must include the following:
- Pre-licensure Admission Application Download Pre-licensure Admission Application
- Copy of official college transcripts
- ESL students Foreign Language Exam Score (If applicable)
- Transfer students from another accredited nursing program must provide course syllabi for all nursing courses with application packet
- Personal Statement describing your interest in nursing as a career and, specifically, the reason for desiring to enroll in the Yancey School of Nursing