- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
School of Social Work & Human Services
The mission of the School of Social Work and Human Services of Kentucky Christian University is to prepare students for careers as Christian human service professionals.
- To sensitize students to the hurting and to feel competent in their ability to value diversity.
- To prepare students for careers that advance service to others.
- To focus our preparation for service within a Christian worldview.
- Learn both Christian and professional values stressing the intrinsic worth of the poor and the hurting.
- Develop an awareness of and respect for cultural, social, and physical differences.
- Confront personal issues related to their intended careers and clientele.
- Be prepared for careers in recognized professions, and their undergraduate preparation will be within professionally recognized expectations.
- Be prepared to provide service to individuals, which may include social, national, and international concerns.
- Undertake a program of study, which can prepare them for graduate study within their chosen field.
- Develop a broad understanding of the Scriptures and their relevance to our world generally and their professions specifically.
- Develop a personal understanding of various points of controversy between their professions and the Church.
- Be sensitized to both Christian and professional ethical concerns related to their professional conduct.
The intent of the School of Social Work and Human Services is to integrate Christianity and the study of human behavior. The School of Social Work and Human Services takes a holistic approach to mental health, believing that physical, mental, social/interpersonal, emotional, and spiritual health are inseparable.
Social Services Minor
|HCP 101||Developmental Psychology||3|
|HCP 312||Techniques of Counseling||3|
|HCP 304||Christian Counseling||3|
|HCP 344||Group Counseling: Theory & Technique||3|
|HSW 200||Social Problems||3|
|HSW 201||Social Welfare: History, Services, Policy||3|
|HSW 352||Human Diversity||3|
|HCP 424||Special Topics in Counseling||3|
|BTH 421||Theology of Wellness||3|
This section maintained by Margaret McLaughlin