- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Bible & Ministry Majors
The mission of the Bible and Ministry Program is to equip students to provide quality leadership for the Church by introducing them to a general working knowledge of basic pastoral, general, and evangelistic ministry skills and to a strong foundation for vocational ministry in the local church.
- Develop entry-level ministry skills for evangelistic and pastoral settings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic biblical content and methods of Bible study.
- Be able to prepare and deliver sermons and lessons that effectively communicate biblical truth and its contemporary significance.
- Integrate biblical understanding and ministry skills into a working approach to church leadership.
- Be able to minister to people in difficult or crisis situations, and to share their faith with non-believers.
- Be equipped and motivated to grow and develop ministry skills and competencies after graduation, understanding that preparation for ministry is a life long pursuit.
- Bachelor of Arts, Bible and Ministry
- Bachelor of Science, Bible and Ministry
- Minor in Ministry
This program provides an Arts and Sciences core and a dual major in Bible and Ministry. As part of their education in ministry, graduates must complete an emphasis in a specific of ministry. Graduates
must also complete an approved minor, or a cognate minor composed of additional emphases and electives.
Students wishing to major in Bible and Ministry or minor in Ministry must "maintain Christian character and conduct of such quality" that the Sack School of Bible and Ministry can in good conscience
recommend the graduate for employment in churches and other ministries. (see KCU Student Handbook, page 8.)
- Deliver an acceptable sermon/speech.
- Demonstrate skills in an appropriate internship.
- Satisfy all KCU General Graduation Requirements.
For more information about the required courses for this major, download the Undergraduate Catalog