- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Advanced Biblical Studies Major
The mission of the Advanced Biblical Studies program is to prepare students to effectively provide Christian leadership and service in the church and in the world through understanding and teaching the Bible with attention to its original languages and grammatical and historical context.
- Achieve the general objectives of the Sack School of Bible and Ministry.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of original languages equivalent to that expected from two years of college level New Testament Greek and one year of college level Old Testament Hebrew.
- Demonstrate preparation for graduate level work in Bible or Ministry.
Bachelor of Arts, Advanced Biblical Studies
The major in Advanced Biblical Studies includes three years of biblical languages and is a good choice for those students preparing for seminary work. The program provides an Arts and Sciences core, Bible and Theology core, and an Advanced Biblical Studies Major, which includes a biblical languages component and a ministry component. Graduates must also complete an approved minor.
Students wishing to major in Advanced Biblical Studies must “maintain Christian character and conduct of such quality” that the Sack School of Bible and Ministry can in good conscience recommend the graduate for employment in churches and other ministries (see KCU Student Handbook, page 8.)
- Demonstrate growth in familiarity with people, places, events, and concepts in passages of the Old and New Testaments through the Bible knowledge tests administered in the freshman and senior years.
- Successfully complete all courses required for this program.
- Complete all Advanced Biblical Studies courses with at least a C and attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.4 for all Bible (BI) courses.
- Satisfy all KCU Graduation Requirements.
For more information about the required courses for this major, download this page of the Undergraduate Catalog.