- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Yancey School of Nursing Dean – Faculty Position
A full-time faculty position in the School of Nursing. The position has primary administrative responsibility for the operational aspects of the Yancey School of Nursing.
Reporting Relationship: The administrative position of Yancey School of Nursing Dean reports to the Associate Vice President of Health Sciences and works closely with all administrative divisions, operational units, and academic departments. At least fifty percent (50%) of the dean’s time shall be available to complete administrative duties as specified in the Kentucky Board of Nursing Administrative Regulations.
An earned doctorate in nursing or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
Licensure: The Yancey School of Nursing Dean must hold a valid, non-restricted license or temporary work permit to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
At least five years of nursing experience within the past 10 years, experience in academic administration within a university of nursing and a minimum of two years teaching at the BSN level or higher. Other qualifications include educational preparation or experience in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development and administration, and at least two years of clinical experience and current knowledge of APRN practice.
The Yancey School of Nursing Dean must be sympathetic with the mission and purpose of Kentucky Christian University and enthusiastically support the university’s core values. The Yancey School of Nursing Dean must be a self-starter who inspires excellence in others by her/his own work ethic. The Yancey School of Nursing Dean must accept ownership of her/his area of responsibility and provide leadership throughout the Yancey School of Nursing.
Conditions of Employment:
- The successful candidate shall enthusiastically support the University’s tenets of faith, be an active member of an evangelical Christian church, and demonstrate spiritual maturity.
- Full-time faculty position on a 12-month contract, salary-exempt.
- Salary Range: based on credentials and professional experience.
- Benefits included. Contact the HR Office for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Duties & Responsibilities:
As the nurse administrator of the Yancey School of Nursing, the dean has the following responsibilities and authorities:
- As a full-time faculty member, the Dean is expected to teach up to fifteen credit hours per fiscal year.
- Provide leadership to the Yancey School of Nursing.
- Coordinate the operations of the Yancey School of Nursing. This would include preparation and administration of the budget, develop and implement program policies, develop and negotiate contracts with clinical facilities, serve as a spokesperson for the Yancey School of Nursing and provide leadership within the larger academic and professional associations.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the administration of the university, other divisions and departments within the university, related facilities, and community.
- Participate in the Institutional Advancement Administrative Area as requested by the VP of Advancement related to annual fund raising and marketing efforts.
- Insure that the Yancey School of Nursing complies with all Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Southern Association of Colleges a