- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Fleet Manager - Mechanic
The mission of Kentucky Christian University is to educate students for Christian leadership and service in the Church and in professions throughout the world. The Fleet Manager supports the mission of the Maintenance Department which is to create and maintain a living and learning environment that will enhance the potential for spiritual, social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of students so they can become Christian leaders and servants in the church and in professions throughout the world. The manager performs repairs, preventive maintenance, and oversees workers engaged in the maintaining of university vehicles and equipment ensuring safe operating order. The fleet manager oversees fleet maintenance employees including assigned work-study students and provides instruction and training in methods and procedures.
The Fleet Manager reports administratively to the Director of Maintenance and Director of Business. The Fleet Manager works closely with all operational units across campus.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Skills and knowledge required are normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
Five (5) years job related experience and two years in a managerial capacity. Completion of vocational training in automotive, diesel mechanics or related area; one year related experience; or any equivalent combination.
The Fleet Manager must be sympathetic with the mission and purpose of Kentucky Christian University and enthusiastically support the University’s core values. He/or she must be a self-starter who excels in excellence in his/her work ethics. He or she must accept responsibility of their job duties with acceptance and compliance.
Conditions of Employment:
- The successful candidate must be adherent to the Stone-Campbell Restoration tradition (e.g. Christian Church and/or Churches of Christ)
- Full-time 12 Month Hourly Non-Exempt position. Hours: M-F 8:00 – 5:00 plus evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Benefits included. Contact the Human Resource Office for details. (Mr. Terry Yankey, email@example.com)
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Fleet Manager has the following responsibilities and authorities (This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this position.):
1. Review work orders to determine assignments, materials, equipment and action required; maintain records of materials used.
2. Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; order materials and supplies; operate motor vehicle in transporting materials/supplies and for visiting work sites.
3. Check work in process; perform repairs on fleet related equipment, including all grounds and lot equipment.
4. Monitors, repairs and maintains university vehicles; troubleshoots vehicle problems using automobile equipment, manuals and other resource material.
5. Conducts preventive maintenance and inspections on vehicles including checking all fluids, tires and brakes; repairs and/or replaces defective and worn parts.
6. Troubleshoots and repairs lawn mowers, weed eaters, other power tools and equipment and motorized maintenance vehicles.
7. Complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and university and departmental policies and procedures; maintains current knowledge in field of automotive/mechanical repair.
8. Communicates with university personnel; informs Director of Maintenance of problems or concerns and performs related duties as assigned.
9. Maintain and comply with all policies, rules, and regulations included in the KCU Staff Handbook and “The KCU Way”.
10. Carry out additional duties as required or assigned.
11. May work as part of a team on special projects.
12. May be required to drive bus for KCU events.
13. Subject to 24-hour on call status.
Procedures for Application:
To be considered for this position, a complete file must include:
1. letter of interest;
2. current resume;
3. completed Kentucky Christian University staff application (available on-line at www.kcu.edu).
Send all materials to:
Terry Yankey, HR Officer
Kentucky Christian University
100 Academic Pkwy.
Grayson, KY 41143
Date of Employment:
A mutually agreed upon date. Position is open until filled.