- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Bus Driver, Part-time
The mission of Kentucky Christian University is to educate students for Christian leadership and service in the Church and in professions throughout the world. The Bus Driver supports the mission of the Maintenance Department which is to create and maintain a living and learning environment that will enhance the potential for spiritual, social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of students so they can become Christian leaders and servants in the church and in professions throughout the world. The Bus Driver maintains the bus in a clean and aesthetically appealing manner. The Bus driver provides transportation for University sponsored activities.
The Bus Driver reports administratively to the Director of Maintenance. The Bus Driver works closely with all operational units across campus.
Skills and knowledge required are normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
Experience in driving O.T.R.
The Bus Driver must be sympathetic with the mission and purpose of Kentucky Christian University and enthusiastically support the University?s core values. He/or she must be a self-starter who excels in excellence in his/her work ethics. He or she must accept responsibility of their job duties with acceptance and compliance.
Conditions of Employment:
- The successful candidate must be adherent to the Stone-Campbell Restoration tradition (e.g. Christian Church and/or Churches of Christ) and will be asked to sign a statement of faith before hire.
- Part-time Non-Exempt position. Hours: depends on trip taken and can require some driving weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Bus Driver has the following responsibilities and authorities (This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this position.):
1. Plan and/or assist in planning bus routes, mapping and directions for
2. Must be able to perform detailed pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
3. Must be able to perform minor vehicle repairs.
4. Must be able to assist in loading students, luggage and equipment.
5. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. or more as needed.
6. Must be able to provide and maintain a safe and courteous Environment for passengers and vehicle.
7. Must be able to perform and adhere to regulations put forth by the D.O.T.
8. Must have OTR (over-the-road) experience.
9. Maintain and comply with all policies, rules, and regulations included in the KCU Staff Handbook.
10. Carry out additional duties as required or assigned.
11. May work as part of a team on special projects.
12. Subject to 24-hour on call status.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver?s license
2. Must have a current CDL with air brakes and passenger endorsement.
3. Must be able to drive a standard shift vehicle.
4. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays if required.
5. Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, regulations and guidelines related to bus driving.
6. Committed to safety measures while performing duties.
7. Must have skill in reading, interpreting and following equipment manuals and gauges.
8. Skills establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public.
9. Skill in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
10. Must be insurable under the University insurance policy for driving.
Procedures for Application:
To be considered for this position, a complete file must include:
1. letter of interest and current resume;
2. a completed Kentucky Christian University staff application (available on-line at www.kcu.edu).
Send all materials to:
Terry Yankey, HR Officer
Kentucky Christian University
100 Academic Pkwy.
Grayson, KY 41143
Date of Employment:
A mutually agreed upon date. POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED