- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
American Indian Christian Mission Show Low, Arizona Miscellaneous / Full Time
924 Mission Lane :: Show Low, Arizona 85901
- Leslie Solliday
- Phone: 928-537-5912
- Fax: 928-537-5620
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: American Indian Christian Mission Website
Ministry Description: Business Manager / Kitchen Manager
Must have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and committed to serve Him faithfully
Must be in full agreement with and actively support the mission and vision of AICM
Must be in full agreement with AICM Statement of Faith
Must be an active member of a local Christian Church or Church of Christ body
High School diploma
At least 21 years of age
Knowledge of bookkeeping / accounting procedures and practices
Computer skills (familiar with word-processing & accounting software)
Have experience in management, banking, payroll or preparing an annual budge
Have some budgeting experience
To manage the financial and physical resources of AICM
Responsible to and function under the direction of the Executive Director
Around 6 months for the first year and annually thereafter.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Accounts payable and receivable using an up to date and accepted accounting software package.
• See that venders are paid in an appropriate time frame.
• Purchase requests, once approved by the ED, will be distributed at BM discretion (applies to items over a $100 that is not normally purchased on a regular basis).
• Prepare Year End W2/1099 Contribution Statements.
• Payroll and taxes; complete all of required quarterly reports to the state and federal government and see that payroll taxes are paid bi-weekly.
• Will ensure ministry compliance with all regulations pertaining to finance (Example: IRS, D.O.L., FSLA, Workman’s Comp. & other).
• In conjunction with independent accounting firm, will oversee preparation of annual financial report.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, will work with all department heads in preparation of annual budget each fiscal year.
• Will prepare monthly financial reports and send them to the Board Members and the Executive Director.
• Will manage the kitchen paperwork, order food and make sure the cafeteria complies with the all of the Arizona State requirements. The Kitchen Supervisor will take care of the kitchen itself and staff.
Business Manager: 8:30am to 12pm weekdays. Kitchen Manger: 1pm to 3pm weekdays.
Solsberry Christian Church Solsberry, Indiana Worship / Part Time
10825 E Christian Church Rd :: Solsberry, Indiana 47459
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Don Thie
- Phone: 812-825-5222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Solsberry Christian Church Website
Job Title: Worship Coordinator
Location: Solsberry, Indiana, a rural congregation, 15 minutes southwest of Bloomington, Indiana.
Denomination: Independent Christian (Restoration Movement)
Worship Style: Blended (traditional/contemporary). Current worship band roster includes keyboard/piano, acoustic guitar, electric bass, drums (high quality electronic kit); team has included electric guitars.
Job Status: In 2013-2015 this position will be part-time (16-20 hours per week) with the potential to expand the scope of ministry in future years.
1. In coordination with the pastoral staff, develop and implement an enhanced contemporary worship experience that blends modern and traditional worship music.
2. Serve as lead musician and worship leader
3. Recruit, train, coordinate, and lead musical teams to direct corporate musical worship.
4. Serve as mentor/leader for worship ministry team members.
Character Expectations: deep love for, and obedience to, Jesus Christ with evident fruits of that love. Candidates should posses a passion for the arts, giftedness in performance and worship leading, knowledge of audio and visual set-up and functionality, and demonstrated maturity and wisdom in dealing with people.
Educational Expectations: desirable that the candidate has completed, or is working towards the completion of, or possesses a 4 yr degree at an accredited college/university
Experience Expectations: must have successfully served as an artist/musician for a church or para-church organization
Doctrinal Expectations: SCC is a non-denominational, self-governing congregation that is a member of the Independent Christian Churches (Restoration Movement). A statement of what SCC believes is located on website. SCC practices baptism by immersion of believers who are of sufficient age and maturity to be accountable for this decision.
Glendale Christian Church Glendale, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
P. O. Box 35 :: Glendale, Kentucky 42740
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Michael L. Bell
- Phone: 270 369-7874
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Glendale Christian Church Website
Glendale Christian Church is seeking a person with a passion for student and children's ministry. Present youth minister is moving to senior minister. Glendale is a rural community within 45 minutes of Louisville and offers many opportunities to reach others for Christ.
American Indian Christian Mission School Show Low, Arizona Miscellaneous / Full Time
924 Mission Lane :: Show Low, Arizona 85901
- Leslie Solliday
- Phone: 9285375912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: American Indian Christian Mission School Website
The American Indian Christian Mission School is looking for someone who has the desire to be active in missions and loves to work with children. AICM is a boarding school for the Apache and Navajo children (currently 3rd - 6th grades). The school is located near Show Low, Arizona, in the beautiful White Mountains. WE are looking for someone to teach the 3rd and 4th grade combined class (around 8 children). We would like someone for the next semester (Jan 6th, 2014); or as soon as possible. Minimum qualifications: a bachelors degree in education, someone who is active in a Christian Church/ Church of Christ congregation. We would also like a commitment of at least 2 or more years.
Base salary: $14,000
Benefits: housing, food, utilities.
Summers will provide opportunity to raise additional support if needed.
If applicant is married, there might be opportunity for also being on staff.
Please see AICM's website at www.aicm.org for an application. It is located under the "Contact Us" tab. If you have any questions, please contact: Leslie Solliday, Executive Director 928-537-5912, or email@example.com.
First Christian Church Columbus, Indiana Children's / Full Time
531 Fifth Street :: Columbus, Indiana 47201
Average Weekly Attendance: 700
- Christy Farrell
- Phone: 812-379-4491
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: First Christian Church Website
First Christian Church in Columbus, IN is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry to replace our current Director, who is retiring this spring. First Christian averages over 700 in attendance on Sundays and has approximately 150 children birth through 6th grade.
We are seeking someone with a college degree and would prefer someone with the experience in children’s ministry. This person should possess organizational skills, be self-reliant and have a heart for children.
This position is full time and will offer an appropriate salary with full benefits.
Greenford Christian Church Greenford, Ohio Children's / Full Time
11767 Lisbon Rd PO Box 53 :: Greenford, Ohio 44422
Average Weekly Attendance: 1600
- Bruce Rhodes Jr
- Phone: 330-533-3278
- Fax: 330-533-9993
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Greenford Christian Church Website
Greenford Christian Church
Position Available: Family Ministry Team Leader/Children’s Minister
- Lead the Family Ministry Team (Early Childhood Director, Jr. High Minister, High School Minister)
a. Along with the family ministry team continue to develop and maintain the vision for the Family Ministry using the Missional Community and Orange philosophies of ministry.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry 1st grade thru 4th grade.
a. Develop and maintain a vision for the ministry that corresponds with overall church vision and is approved by the executive minister.
b. Create and implement outreach programs.
c. Recruit and train adult volunteers, using the GCC Leadership Pipeline. Training will occur at regularly scheduled training sessions.
d. Responsible for educational programs that will promote spiritual growth among the group.
e. Build community with adult volunteers and children.
f. Administrate, schedule, communicate with volunteers and publicize effectively.
g. Create and implement a feedback/evaluation process using feedback from volunteer leadership team.
- Prepare yearly goals and budget for approval by the eldership and be responsible for its implementation.
- Work schedule will require flexible hours including evenings and weekends to enable you to be involved in the life of the volunteer’s and the children.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Experience leading a children’s ministry or youth ministry.
Five or more years leading multiple staff and volunteers in a church setting.
Position Reports to: Executive Minister
Interested persons should:
have strong people skills have the ability to work with volunteers
have a strong Christian character have leadership qualities
be teachable be flexible
have a good work ethic be reliable
be humble be passionate
have a proven track record in the areas described above in the job description
Candidates please submit the following:
- A cover letter.
- A resume which includes education, experience and references.
Send to: Greenford Christian Church. PO Box 53, Greenford, Ohio 44422. Attn: Bruce Rhodes, Jr. Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone (330) 533-3278 Fax (330) 533-9993
First Church of Christ Mt. Pleasant, Michigan Children's / Part Time
1610 E. Broadway St. :: Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 48858
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Jason Wilson
- Phone: 989-773-7491
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: First Church of Christ Website
We are looking to hire a part-time Children’s Minister to work with our newborns through 4th/5th grade students. The job will require 25-30 hours per week which includes office hours and all ministry/discipleship related activities with children, parents and/or teachers. A full job description can be viewed by clicking on the link on the front page at www.mtpfcoc.com. The focus of our church is on demonstrating together the principles and characteristics of God's Kingdom. Because of this, service to one another and our community is of utmost importance for our children’s ministry.
Cicero Christian Church Cicero, Indiana Youth / Full Time
1715 Stringtown Pike :: Cicero, Indiana 46034
Average Weekly Attendance: 650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Cicero Christian Church Website
Cicero Christian Church is pursuing a new Youth & Family Minister that desires to serve God at a church that seeks to "Reach, Teach, Serve" their community for the cause of Christ. Our desire is to fill this position by the beginning of 2014. We are requesting that you send all resumes in a "PDF" format to the following email address, "email@example.com" Each candidate must also fill out the questionnaire provided on the website along with further information about the job description, vision of the church, and expectations of the Youth & Family Minister. For more information please visit http://cicerochristianchurch.org/1Who/Staff/StaffOpening.htm
Wilkinson Church of Christ Wilkinson, Indiana Youth / Full Time
7293 North State Road 109 :: Wilkinson, Indiana 46186
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Ryan McCarty
- Phone: 765-781-2585
- Fax: 765-781-6897
- Email: Ryanmccarty@wccin.org
- Church Website: Wilkinson Church of Christ Website
This youth position would be working with our 6th through 12th grade students. For more information about our church visit us at wccin.org
We are a church passionate about youth ministry. We have a full time children's minister, a full time seniors & pastoral care minister, & full time senior minister. We have a full time secretary and a full time ministry coordinator. We also are blessed to have a pre-school that is morning and afternoon all week and an after school program for K through 8th grade. We also have a part time worship director.
West Waynesboro Church of Christ Waynesboro, Virginia Youth / Full Time
2212 Cortland Street :: Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
Average Weekly Attendance: 163
To serve as a spiritual leader and resource person in administering, leading, developing and coordinating a comprehensive program of Christian education for all youth. A full job description is available upon request.
Center Christian Church Knightstown, Indiana Youth / Full Time
9112 N. 50 W. :: Knightstown, Indiana 46148
Average Weekly Attendance: 340
- Michael Dora
- Phone: 765-645-5348
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Center Christian Church Website
Center Christian Church is a non denominational independent Christian Church located near Rushville Indiana. We are seeking applicants to fill a position as the Youth Minister with special emphasis on junior high and senior high youth with an administrative oversight of children's ministries. This position will be a part of a current staff of a senior minister and a worship minister. Please send resumes to the church at email@example.com.
Northwest Christian Church Acworth, Georgia Youth / Full Time
3737 Dallas Acworth Hwy NW :: Acworth, Georgia 30101
Average Weekly Attendance: 375
- Jay Rice
- Phone: 770-425-2525
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Northwest Christian Church Website
Northwest Christian Church (www.nwcc.net) is prayerfully seeking a dynamic Family Life Pastor to join our growing church in a beautiful community just north of Atlanta, GA. The right candidate for this job understands Ephesians 4:11-13, knows how to think Orange, and believes that iOS is vastly superior to Android in every way.
We’re not looking for our next “youth guy”, but for a leader of leaders who can join our core team to help us make “disciples who make disciples”. We need a pastor who can invest in the families and marriages in our church, oversee a dynamic full-time children’s director and help develop an outstanding student ministry. Our church, with a current average attendance of 375+, is positioning itself for growth with a major commitment to reach the families in our community for Christ.
If this sounds like something God is calling you to, email a pdf copy of your resume to our lead pastor at email@example.com. Along with your resume, please include:
• A brief philosophy of your ministry
• A list of references (we won’t contact without your permission)
• Links to a website or videos of your preaching/teaching
• A photo of you and your family
• A list of your top 5 favorite action movies of all time
We are hoping to fill this position as quickly as God allows, so we will be back in touch with you right away. All email submissions will receive a reply within 24-48 hours of receipt, so if you don’t hear from us within this time frame, it means we didn’t get your message. Please handle all initial communications through email. No phone calls please.
Jamestown Christian Church Jamestown, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
P.O. Box 97 :: Jamestown, Kentucky 42629
The Jamestown Christian Church is currently seeking a Student Minister to
build a long-term ministry to junior/senior high, and college age which will
lead them in becoming followers of Jesus Christ. If you are passionate about
Jesus Christ, have a love for mentoring students and are looking for a
church/opportunity where God is working, then we might be looking for you!
The primary purpose of the Student Minister is to introduce young people to
Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ
with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in
raising their youth to spiritual maturity. The Jamestown Christian Church
seeks a full-time position responsible for all aspects of student ministries.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the middle school, high
school ,and college programs with secondary responsibilities of some
administrative duties, and filling in for Senior Minister a few times
The Student Minister must be a born again Christian with a maturing
relationship with Jesus Christ. He must be willing to become a member of the
Jamestown Christian Church. He must have a love for God, a love for students
and a heart to see them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. They
must see this position as having a strong desire to serve God in the church
and local community. They will report directly to the Senior Minister.
In addition, the following are required:
• Must be committed to the Jamestown Christian doctrine, vision, values and
• Must have experience as a Youth or Student Minister.
• Must be committed to a team approach to ministry as working with
volunteers is essential.
• Must be a strong teacher with a love for God’s word.
• Must have a relational style of leadership and ministry.
• Must have a joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
• Must be a self starter, exercising initiative and judgment and able to
work with or without direct supervision.
• Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly
• Must posses organizational and administrative abilities
• Must be a graduate of a college or university with a degree in Christian
Education with a focus in Youth or Student Ministries
• Must be desirous of Student Ministry career
The Student Minister must have the ability and willingness to:
• Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders.
• Engage parents and vital partners
• Teach and lead students and leaders in both small and large group
• Communicate well with parents and come along side families, especially in
times of crisis
• Relate to the unique needs of teenagers and young adults
• Be willing to visit all families and engage youth in their homes
The salary range is approixately $32,000.00, plus a three bedroom brick
house, with a full basement.
North Raleigh Church of Christ Raleigh, North Carolina Youth /
8701 Falls of Neuse Road :: Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
Average Weekly Attendance: 230
- Mike Ellis
- Phone: 252-204-9900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: North Raleigh Church of Christ Website
The North Raleigh Church of Christ is a congregation with an average attendance of 230 with a heart to serve families of all types. We are looking for a man to work with our middle and high school kids and their parents. More important than any stereotype of what a “Youth Minister” should be, we are looking for a person whose heart is fully committed to Christ and to serving the generations that are preparing to make decisions that will affect the rest of their lives. If you think you would be interested in making the Research Triangle your home and the North Raleigh church your spiritual family, send a resume' and letter of interest to email@example.com. You can check out our web site at: www.northraleighchurch.org
Christian Children's Home of Ohio, Inc. Wooster, Ohio Youth / Full Time
2685 Armstrong Rd :: Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Tiffany Gordon
- Phone: 330-345-7949
- Fax: 330-345-4218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Christian Children's Home of Ohio, Inc. Website
The primary purpose of the Campus Youth Minister is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist the treatment team in impacting their youth to a wholesome maturity. Finally, to oversee and support the activities and programs scheduled in CRC from volunteer churches, whether groups or individuals.