- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
If you would like to submit a Ministry Opening you can fill out a form. Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298).
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Cornerstone Christian Church Brownsburg, Indiana Children's / Summer
8930 N State Rd. 267 :: Brownsburg, Indiana 46112
Average Weekly Attendance: 450
- Ben Radant
- Phone: 317-852-2411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Internship for Children's & Pre-Teen Ministries This is a chance to work with both Children's and Student Ministries at Cornerstone Christian Church. This is a paid internship with a love offering at completion. Housing will be provided. Full job description is available upon request. Visit our website at http://cornerstonerock.org. Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Lexington Christian Church Lexington, Tennessee Preaching / Full Time
1199 N Broad St :: Lexington, Tennessee 38351
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Susan Montgomery
- Phone: 731-968-9684
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties include Preaching, Teaching, Evangelism, Counseling, Shepheding, Planning Church Programs with elders and staff, weddings, funerals etc. Prefer Christian College Graduate from Christian Church/Church of Christ background.
Athens Church of Christ Athens, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
785 West Union :: Athens, Ohio 45701
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Luther VanSickle
- Phone: 740-591-7500
- Email: email@example.com
The Athens Church of Christ located in Athens, Ohio is currently seeking a Senior Minister who defines his ministry as preaching, teaching and equipping others to serve. We are a congregation of 100 members that is seeking to grow. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of God’s Word, hold fast to Biblical truths and be able to effectively communicate those truths for the edification of the congregation and growth of the church. Additionally, he should be sensitive to cross-generational issues, relate well to young people and be effective in handling family and marriage issues. Under the oversight of four elders, he (and his family) should be active in church ministries and in the lives of individual members of the congregation. To view the job description, click http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54743075/Sr%20Minister%20Job%20Description%20%20...
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume, audio or video media of two sermons and a concise statement (1-2 pages) that characterizes your current ministry efforts and style. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2013. Please mail this information to:
ACC - Minister Search Committee
c/o Luther VanSickle
180 Louise Lane
Athens, OH 45701
Paoli Christian Church Paoli, Indiana Children's / Full Time
1700 W Hospital Rd :: Paoli, Indiana 47454
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
- Larry Vinson
- Phone: 812-723-2664
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, passionate, and joyful follower of Christ to fill the full-time Children’s Minister position at Paoli Christian Church (PCC). PCC is a growing contemporary church that thrives on making disciples who make an impact on their community. We are ready to find the right candidate to take our children’s ministry to the next level by helping our children go deeper in their relationship with Christ.
The Children’s Minister will be responsible for the discipling of all children from birth through 5th grade. They will create a warm, caring, and fun environment that challenges children to grow in their faith. The person hired for this position will have a heart for the children in and outside of the church and will work on ways (events, special outreaches, etc) to reach out to children and families of differing backgrounds. This individual must have a compassionate heart that desires to see children come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ. This ministry requires the hard-work and dedication of many volunteers, so the Children’s Minister must be able to recruit, lead, and work with adult and youth volunteers.
The Children’s Minister must be able to work within a staff environment and will be asked to work alongside our Jr/Sr High Youth Minister, Women’s Minister, and Senior Minister in implementing church-wide ministries. The staff at PCC strives to be a ministry team rather than individuals doing individual ministries and we would expect the Children’s Minister to contribute to that model.
Anyone applying for this position must agree with the doctrines of the Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ. They must have prior experience (volunteer or paid) as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area within children’s ministry. The applicant must have a degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in the given field. The preferred candidate would possess the gifts and skills of teaching, leading, and discipling. Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal relational skills. Starting salary is $30,000/year.
If interested, please send resumes, with references, to email@example.com . Feel free to visit our web site at: www.paolichristianchurch.org or call 812-723-2664 for more information about our church.
LifePointe Christian Church Toano, Virginia Youth / Full Time
PO Box 400 :: Toano, Virginia 23168
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
- Phillip Murdock
- Phone: 757-645-8017
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LifePointe Christian Church in Toano, VA (Williamsburg Area) is seeking to hire a full-time Minister of Youth. We are a young congregation that was planted in late 2006 that is growing and in need of additional staff. We are looking for someone who can help work in an advisory role with our children’s ministry while truly facilitating and developing our teen ministry. If you are interested in knowing more, a full job description is available upon request.
All resumes should be sent to our Lead Minister, Phillip Murdock at email@example.com. For additional details you can call 757-645-8017.
Geneva Church of Christ Geneva, Ohio Worship / Full Time
1007 S. Broadway, P.O.Box 160 :: Geneva, Ohio 44041
Average Weekly Attendance: 85
- David B. Ray
- Phone: 440-466-7689
- Email: David.Ray@genevachurchofchrist.org
GCC is seeking a Music & Worship Minister who can organize, develope and lead the music portions of our worship service. Primary responsibility will be to lead the praise and worship team ministry, additional responsibilities as assigned. Candidate will need the heart of a humble servant, a passion for working with others, a love for the Lord Jesus, and beliefs which hold true to the Restoration Movement.
Minimum education required - Associates Degree, Bachelors prefered. Salary & benefits to be discussed with candidate. Send cover letter and resume to email - Note capital & lower case letters.
Gateway Christian Church St. Albans, West Virginia Internship /
422 B Street :: St. Albans, West Virginia 25177
Average Weekly Attendance: 750
- Steve Harley
- Phone: 304-727-8919
- Fax: 304-727-8955
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are searching for a Summer Student Ministry Intern. This intern will work under the direct supervision of our full-time Student Minister with the goal of developing this young leader to be ready for ministry. In this position you will have the unique opportunity to work in an established environment at our St. Albans campus while helping mold the Student Ministry in a new environment at our Teays Valley campus. An exceptional candidate will view this internship as a trial phase with the ambition of being hired as our weekend Student Minister at our Teays Valley campus. [Our SA campus is approximately 1hr. 5min. from KCU and our TV campus is just under an hour].
First Christian Church Monmouth, Illinois Preaching / Full Time
514 North Sunny Lane :: Monmouth, Illinois 61462
Average Weekly Attendance: 250
- Doron Jones (Elders)
- Phone: 309-734-9419
- Email: email@example.com
First Christian Church in Monmouth, IL is seeking a Senior Minister, as our current Minister is retiring from 23 years of service to our congregation. We are searching for a leader, teacher and pastor; someone who has a passion for the lost and for the Church body to grow in discipleship. We know that God has the perfect man in mind. We feel it is our job to identify that person through prayer.
Qualifications: continuously growing in their walk with Christ; solid Biblical foundation and background in Restoration Movement; meets qualifications for elders found in Acts 20:17-25, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-3; experience in leading a team of multiple staff members; 7-15 years experience; able to strategically plan for the future of the Church and communicate it. Educational Requirements - Bachalor's Degree (minimum) Master's Preferred; Parsonage - No; Website - www.fccmonmouth.com; Salary Range - Based on Experience
Tates Creek Christian Church Lexington, Kentucky Internship / Summer
3150 Tates Creek Road :: Lexington, Kentucky 40502
Average Weekly Attendance: 1100
Tates Creek Christian Church, Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking a Youth and Children's Ministry Intern for the summer of 2013. The internship will provide a variety of experiences throughout the entire youth department, from planning, recruiting & training volunteers, to the regular planned ministry opportunities of Sunday morning Worship, Camps, and Impact VBS. Time will be spent with each of our staff in the youth department:
Pre-School Director - approximately 1 week
Elementary Minister - approximately 6 weeks
Middle School Minister - approximately 2 weeks
High School Minister - approximately 3 weeks
The intern will be supervised by Matt Lee, Elementary Minister. The intern will be paid a stipend of $1,000 per month and housing will be provided.
Resumes may be sent directly to Matt Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through April 15th, but position may be filled sooner based on securing a qualified candidate.
Community Christian church Durant, Oklahoma Preaching / Full Time
5325 University Blvd. :: Durant, Oklahoma 74701
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Jim Bliffen
- Phone: 580-745-9247
- Email: email@example.com
This is an opening for a full time senior minister. The minister will be required to carry out the regular duties of a minister in a small church setting; preach on Sunday, call on visitors, visit the sick in hospitals, teach bible studies, oversee a small staff, attend board meetings, help carry on the business of the church, and other duties as may be defined by the elders or the board. The minister also needs to be a vision caster, a people lover, and a friend to his congregation as he leads them to a closer relationship with the Lord. He must set the example of a dedicated follower of Christ. He will be considered an elder of the church.
We require at least a Bachelor degree from an Independent Christian Church Bible college. All applicants should have at least 10 years experience in ministry having spent at least 5 years in one location and three years as the senior minister. Please send a resume, a DVD or VHS of a recent sermon, or a web link to video of a recent sermon.
This ministry will not be open until the first of September. At that point the present minister will be leaving to go on the mission field.
Lakeside Christian Church Lakeside Park, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
195 Buttermilk Pike :: Lakeside Park, Kentucky 41017
Average Weekly Attendance: 1800
- Michael Tolle
- Phone: 859-341-1160 ext. 124
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Minister at Lakeside Christian Church will be responsible for Leadership, Programming, & Communications for the entire Middle School Ministry.
Athens Christian Church Lexington, Kentucky Youth / Part Time
6295 Athens Boonesboro Rd :: Lexington, Kentucky 40509
Average Weekly Attendance: 85
- Samuel Long
- Phone: 8592635452
- Email: email@example.com
Athens Christian Church is searching for a part time or weekend youth minister to work with junior and senior high students (approximately 10 students). Responsibilities will include:
• Providing overall vision and leadership of the youth ministry
• Teaching/participating in youth programs (Sunday School, Sunday Night Youth Group)
• Planning regular events
• Interacting with and ministering to families of students
Candidate should possess knowledge of Biblical truth and the ability to relate to, encourage, and spiritually challenge students. Also, this person should possess organizational and administrative skills to execute the plans. Ideally, the candidate would arrive on Friday night or Saturday mornings with the expectation of interacting with the youth some time on Saturday followed by the structured meetings on Sunday. We do have Wednesday night programming, but the church could cover these responsibilities if the candidate is not able to make it.
This is a paid position with housing provided. It would be ideal for an upperclassman looking for experience or internship credit. We plan to fill this position on a part time basis. However, based on the compatibility of the candidate and the church, there would be the possibility for this position to turn into a full time position, especially over the summer.
Resumes or questions may be emailed to the Senior Minister, Sam Long, at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
Athens Christian Church Search Committee
6295 Athens Boonseboro Rd.
Lexington, KY 40509
**Athens Christian Church is a Restoration Movement church located just off I-75 on the outskirts of Lexington, KY. The church attendance is around 85 and offers a blended worship service.
First Christian Church Grove Oklahoma Grove Oklahoma, Oklahoma Preaching / Full Time
102 W 4th Street :: Grove Oklahoma, Oklahoma 74344
Average Weekly Attendance: 250
- Joyce Milliser Search committee secretary
- Email: email@example.com
First Christian church Grove, Oklahoma has a position for a senior minister open. First Christian church is located in Northeast Oklahoma near to Grand Lake of the Cherokees. The city of Grove is located on one of the largest lakes (1300 miles of shoreline) in the area of the 4 states region of Northeast Oklahoma, Southeast Kansas, Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas. First Christian church is an independent Christian church and has a history dating back 100 years. The church has two worship services, one traditional and one contemporary. Attendance runs between 250 and 300 for morning worship.
Contacts to transmit initial resume are as follows
Charlie Katzer at firstname.lastname@example.org
John Rubin at email@example.com
Joyce Milliser at firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian Church of Grove
Education and Experience: Expected to be called by God with Christian Church ministry experience.
Function: The senior minister will be a man called to Gods service. He will be responsible to preach the Gospel, and to minister to members of First Christian Church, as well as people of the local area. He will be a person whose spiritual gifts, talents, education, and experience suit him for the position of our Senior Minister.
Authority: He is directly accountable to the eldership of First Christian Church concerning matters of doctrine, ethical, and moral conduct of himself, our members, and staff of First Christian Church. He will be the team leader with a shared preaching responsibility and will provide guidance for all church programs and activities.
A. He serves with the eldership board in providing direction, formulation of the vision, strategies, and ministry programs of this congregation that will promote spiritual growth of the current membership and will strive to increase the ministry of Christ.
B. Preach, teach, and speak concerning the word of God at every opportunity to the congregation and to the local community.
C. Perform services such as weddings, funerals, Bible studies, and counseling within guidelines established between himself and the elders.
D. Coordinate all services of First Christian Church.
E. Train and advise the members of First Christian Church for ministries (i.e., Sunday School Teachers, Bible Study Teachers, church visitation, and local ministries).
A. He will oversee the administrative office staff and their functions.
B. Oversee all salaried employees of the church and coordinate their activities.
• Responsible for coordinating evangelistic programs and activities.
• Responsible for coordinating all calling in areas of ministry and is to be assisted in this endeavor by the staff and Elders.
• The minister shall involve himself in community and civic activities and will maintain a good relationship with area churches and the ministerial alliance.
A. The minister shall report to the elder leadership of the church at regularly scheduled meetings concerning all church plans and activities.
B. He will be a member of the First Christian Church Mission Committee.
A job application will be sent to the applicant for background and experience and family situation
First Christian Church Greenville, Illinois Worship / Full Time
1100 Killarney Dr. :: Greenville, Illinois 62246
Average Weekly Attendance: 1250
Goals of the Worship Leader
A faithful worship leader magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ
through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music,thereby motivating the gathered church to proclaim the gospel,to cherish God’s presence,and to live for God’s glory.-Bob Kauflin
First Christian Church
Worship Leader Position
Every week those who lead congregational worship have significant opportunities to teach, train, and encourage God’s people in praising him rightly and living for his glory. We are looking for a creative Worship Leader, who will lead First Christian Church members in the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ through music and worship experiences that transcend many genres and generations. This will include Saturday night and Sunday morning congregational worship,Christmas Eve and Easter services, overseeing various choirs, biblically leading, recruiting and teaching praise band, vocalists, special musicians, lighting, sound and PowerPoint technicians and providing worship in some community outreaches and other various designated times. We are looking for an energetic, flexible and outgoing team player who is an experienced Worship Leader.
Our goal as a New Testament Church is to restore the dynamics and the doctrine of the church that our Lord established.We believe that just as a river is the purest at its source, the church is purest at its inception. Following the pattern of the early church we see our mission to be fourfold:
• To evangelize the lost
• To edify the saved
• To minister to the needy
• To be the salt and light in the community
What We Believe
• That Jesus Christ is the one and only son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (I Corinthians 14:1-8)
• That the Bible is the inspired word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
• That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.(Romans 3:23)
• That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord.(John 3:16)
• That those desiring to accept Christ should repent and turn to the Lord, confess their faith and be baptized by immersion into Him. (Romans 10:8-10; Acts 2:38)
• That the church is the body of Christ on Earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
• That Jesus will one day return and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
Established in 1878, Greenville First Christian flourished for years at the corner of Main and Prairie Streets. In 1962 the congregation moved into its current location at 1100 Killarney Drive. To accommodate a growing number of members a balcony and additional sanctuary seating were added as were classrooms, the Family Life Center, and most recently Kidventure: the children’s wing. GFCC is a nondenominational church and welcomes all believers and seekers.
The Worship Leader reports to the Church Administrator. The Church Administrator reports directly to the senior ministerand church board.
Primary Responsibilities (GFCC Worship Leader must accomplish all of these tasks):
• Leads members in the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ through music and multimedia presentations.
• Serves as an active and creative member of the Church’s staff.
• In collaboration with the Senior Pastor; plans and leads components of weekly worship services, special events and holidays and other community events.
• Meets weekly with Senior Pastor for program assessment and planning.
• Selects, recruits, trains, pastors, and leads the worship and tech teams.
• Prays with the entire team participating in services before they begin
• Schedules, maintains and organizes all choirs and music groups: S.I.M.M., Voices of Praise, Gospel Promise, Angel Band, etc. Communicates the schedule appropriate to the office staff for bulletin and calendar events.
• Coordinates and prepares the production of the services, including queuing any multimedia presentations such as video clips and PowerPoint.
• Responsible for recording Sunday worship services and converting them into files that can be duplicated on CD, DVD,the website and for Television.
• Gives leadership and provides guidance in music for all ministries in the church, including children, youth and church outreaches.
• Responsibly fulfills administrative duties pertaining to the Worship Leader, including but not limited to:
• Managing the Worship and Music budget
• Seeking appropriate Copyright approvals
• Obtaining music for the team
• Responsibly attends to the upkeep of the musical instruments, audio and visual equipment; provides proposals on appropriate usage of funds.
• Schedules the appropriate technicians for weddings, funerals and any special events at the church. Will cheerfully serve at these events in the occurrence no other trained technician is available.
• Serves actively in the life of the Church and appropriately represents us in the community.
• Performs other responsibilities as directed.
Personal and Spiritual
• Demonstrate a personal, mature, and growing relationship with Christ, manifesting a servant’s heart and a teachable spirit.
• Sensitive to the varying worship styles of all members and a willingness to serve each individually in the appropriate context with enthusiasm.
• Commits to fulfill the GFCC Mission Statement.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrates training, proficiency, and giftedness in all aspects of the Worship Leader responsibilities, including:
• Ability to read music and teach music
• Music selection and implementation
• Selection and direction of worship team members and technical supporters
• Coordination of all elements of public worship
• Ongoing assessment of the overall worship experience
• Exhibits strong leadership skills in pursuit of excellence.
• Demonstrates solid interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Shows administrative ability to fulfill role.
• Knowledge of all church music genres.
• Spiritually mature and musically gifted.
• Knowledge of music technology/works with tech team and has Mac savvy ability.
• Previous experience as a Worship Director/Leader.
• In tune with the Holy Spirit during worship experiences.
Personal Attributes that predict a high probability of success in this position
• Christ Centered and prayerful
• Continuous practice of leadership and humility
• Ability to listen for ideas from others and move the right ones forward
• Studies, understands, teaches, and lives out scripture
• Gives and receives spiritual direction; understands and submits to authority
• Musically talented (vocally and instrumentally)
• Team player
• Organizes, plans, and communicates well
• Fully committed to the growth of Greenville FCC with no other outside employment or commitments
• Has the ability to teach and coach music (vocally and instrumentally)
• Passionate about leading people in congregational and small group worship
• Strong administrative skills
• Sets goals and achieve results
• Approaches worship with a genuine heart to reach all generations, young and old and those who don’t know Christ
(This list is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for the Worship Leader at GFCC. Changes should be anticipated as the pastoral team adjusts to better optimize the team’s skills and to meet the changing needs of the GFCC family.)The role and job description will be reviewed and updated as needed initially 90 days after responsibilities begin and annually in consultation with the Senior Pastor and Church Administrator. Performance Goals for the coming year will be determined upon employment and after the annual Performance Review. A formal Performance Review will be conducted after the initial 90 and 180 days; at the first anniversary of employment and annually thereafter. The Performance Review will be conducted by the Senior Pastor and Church Administrator.
If you feel the Holy Spirit nudging you to move forward and explore this possibility, please send the following:
• A resume delineating complete education and employment history
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the position
• A signed statement that details any and all felony convictions, that affirms the candidate’s legal presence in the United States and the ability to legally obtain employment in any capacity (per the Patriot Act). It also authorizes Greenville FCC to conduct a full background investigation, which the candidate must successfully pass as a condition of employment.
• A video of yourself leading worship
• Photographs, videos, recordings, or professional portfolios may be included in the application packages.
• A one page summary of your Philosophy of Worship.
• Your current pastor/ minister, mentor or the ministry leader who has had the most significant impact on your life.
• Two references from your professional life—preferably a significant manager, a peer and a subordinate.
• Two personal references that can speak to your character and personal faith in Christ.
• Submissions can be sent through email in MS Word to Bri Dothager at email@example.com.
• Submissions can also be sent to the Church Office at the following address:
Greenville First Christian Church
Attn: Bri Dothager
1100 Killarney Dr.
Greenville, IL 62246
Application Deadline:Applications will be accepted until the Worship Director position is filled. We will begin reviewing applications on April 8,
J10 Church Ashburn, Virginia Internship / Full Time
44050 ashburn Shopping Plaza ste 195-237 :: Ashburn, Virginia 20147
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Mike Eppes
- Phone: 703-307-1180
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer is YES, what’s the question? That is how we approach our student ministry. Our Sr. Pastor and church body believe student ministry is part of the reason we exist as a church. We started J10 church so a student pastor could have the best opportunity to succeed. If you want to gain valuable experience with a seasoned student pastor and a church family that loves student ministry, this is the place for you. We offer a competitive intern salary and all events and student interactions are covered in the budget.