- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Orrville Christian Church Orrville, Ohio Worship / Full Time
925 N. Elm Street :: Orrville, Ohio 44667
Average Weekly Attendance: 500
- Jim Mankins, Elder
- Phone: 330-317-2177
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Orrville Christian Church Website
We are seeking a full-time Worship Minister to provide overall vision, leadership, and development of the worship ministry. The individual must set a good example in the areas of spiritual disciplines, relationships, commitment, and follow-through.
Talents and Abilities Desired:
good organizational skills
knowledge in music theory
effective worship leader
an accomplished musician
strong vocal ability
capable on multiple instruments (guitar and/or piano preferred)
team player and team builder
Christian/Bible College degree preferred
leadership/worship leading experience preferred
worship planning team
sound and tech
Orrville Christian Church has an 111 year history located in the hometown of Smucker's, 25 miles west
of Akron/Canton and 50 miles south of Cleveland, average Sunday worship attendance: 500, 1st service
blended - 2nd service contemporary,
If your possess the above skills and wish to apply, please submit the following items: resume with cover
letter, references, a DVD of you leading worship. May be submitted via mail or email.
Christian Church of Loudon County Lenoir City, Tennessee Associate / Full Time
12210 Martel Road :: Lenoir City, Tennessee 37772
Average Weekly Attendance: 130
- Eddie M. Shirley, II
- Phone: 865-659-4032
- Fax: 865-986-7479
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Christian Church of Loudon County Website
The Christian Church of Loudon County (CCLC) is pleased to announce God’s calling for an Associate Minister of Worship/Youth. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of experience in a blended or contemporary worship leader setting, or an equivalent amount of education and experience. The candidate will be responsible for the middle school, high school, and young adult programs building a long-term, relational ministry which will lead them in becoming followers of Jesus Christ. The candidate will be a proven leader with solid time management and organizational skills and an engaging communicator with a passion and ability to connect with those far from God. The individual will be able to partner with the elders and senior minister to develop and implement God’s vision for the church and together communicate this mission and vision clearly and consistently to the church body, staff and ministries. The person must be in agreement with the CCLC doctrine and beliefs.
• Candidate should possess skills and training in music leadership to integrate music, arts and teaching in worship.
• Skills should include the ability to recruit and develop vocalists and instrumentalists, work with volunteer, stage music and arts events, and integrate blended music and the arts into the worship experience of the church.
• Requires vocal and stage presence, musical and technical ability, with proficiency in one or more instruments, and the ability to read and write music notation and chord charts.
• Candidate must be a self-starter, exercising initiative and judgment and able to work with or without direct supervision.
• Candidate must be committed to a team approach to ministry and able to recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders.
• Must effectively study the Bible, in order to preach, teach and counsel from it.
• Must be a dynamic, passionate teacher who presents the truth of the Word in a relevant and relational style.
Candidates with either youth or worship concentrations are also encouraged to apply.
Resumes and questions can be sent to:
Grapevine Christian Church Madisonville, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
2205 Grapevine Rd. :: Madisonville, Kentucky 42431
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Josh Lee
- Phone: 2708214089
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Grapevine Christian Church Website
Ministry Title: Pastoral Youth Ministry Intern
• Have a viable and thriving relationship with Jesus Christ
• Display spiritual maturity and a teachable spirit
• Is striving to see the fruit of the Spirit made increasingly more evident in his/her life.
• Possess an authentic and holistic interest for the different aspects of worship disciplines and expressions.
• Have satisfactory organizational skills
• Be capable of recruiting, developing, coordinating, equipping and delegating to various teams of volunteers.
• Have an understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it
• Be committed to our local church and be in agreement with our core doctrine, mission, and values.
• Willing to receive constructive feedback from Senior Pastor and elders in order to have continuous improvement and growth personally and ministerial.
• Engage in constructive feedback with the leadership team in order to brain storm new and innovative ideas to see growth and improvements.
Lines of Accountability/Communication
• Senior Pastor
• Elder Board
• Youth Ministry Director oversees all of those in leadership within his specific ministry.
• To effectively lead and direct youth meetings (i.e. services, small groups, special events, camps, retreats, conferences, conventions)
• Create an encouraging, exciting and safe process through which Junior High and Senior High School students can experience life change relationally, emotionally, and spiritually, which can lead the students toward an intimate relationship with Christ, and an active faith in Christ
• Provide overall direction to Junior and Senior High (i.e. vision, structure, leaders, students and parents)
• Implement service and mission projects for our students both in our city and country
• Creatively use students, with their gift mix, to build a solid team to impact our church and city for the gospel
• To be team focused – able to recruit, train, and shepherd other volunteers
• Work with the Treasure to determine annual ministry budget
• Work with the Facilities Ministry to pre-plan the usage and scheduling of the building
• Work with the Communications Ministry in promoting upcoming events (website, bulletin, sign, fb etc.)
• Work with parents, teachers, counselors, and others while at the same time effectively resourcing them to improve the impact of their ministries.
• Work with the Children’s Ministry Director to build bridges for students to transition from elementary ministry
• Able to promote and sustain a strong volunteer culture
• Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace
• Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority
Worthington Christian Church Worthington, Minnesota Youth / Full Time
1501 N Douglas Avenue :: Worthington, Minnesota 56187
Average Weekly Attendance: 175
- Dan Beerman
- Phone: 507-360-4123
- Fax: 507-372-5443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Worthington Christian Church Website
*Responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and expanding all ministries related to children/youth and families
*Available to teach Sunday School
*Available to preach, as needed
*Available to perform weddings, funerals, and special services, as needed
*Call on members of the congregation in hospitals, nursing homes, homes, etc., as needed
*Additional responsibilities, job description available upon request
The Pines Christian Church Mount Gilead, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
6775 US Route 42 :: Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Mike Galleher
- Phone: 419-560-2203
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: The Pines Christian Church Website
The Pines Christian Church seeks a full-time evangelist who defines his ministry as preaching, teaching and equipping others to serve. We are a rural church with a regular attendance of 100. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of God’s Word, hold fast to Biblical truths and Restoration Movement principles and be able to effectively communicate those truths for the edification of the congregation and growth of the church. Candidate needs to be energetic, outgoing, sociable, and able to relate to all ages and work in partnership with an active group of elders.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume, audio or video media of at least one sermon and a concise statement (1-2 pages) that characterizes your current ministry efforts and style as well as a brief statement of your beliefs.
Hartsville Church of Christ Hartsville, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
160 N Washington St :: Hartsville, Indiana 47244
- Chad Ranson
- Phone: 812-603-4455
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Hartsville Church of Christ Website
Hartsville Church of Christ is seeking a fulltime Senior Minister with a college or seminary degree from a Restoration Movement based Bible College/University with a minimum three years experience in working at a Restoration Movement church. The Senior Minister candidate also should be gifted in Bible-based preaching and strong leadership expertise who will kindle a fire for service in the church and for outreach in the community. Hartsville Church is a small, rural church located about 15 minutes east of Columbus, Indiana and about 45 minutes south of Indianapolis, Indiana. Along with a competitive pay package a nice newer style parsonage is provided. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and professional references via email to email@example.com or via snail mail to Hartsville Church of Christ, C/O Minister Search, PO BOX 6, Hartsville, IN 47244. Hartsville Church is a non-denominational church that aligns itself with the Restoration Movement.
Jerome Christian Church Greentown, Indiana Children's / Full Time
9535 East 100 South :: Greentown, Indiana 46936
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
Jerome Christian Church in Greentown, Indiana, is seeking a Full-time Director of Children’s Ministries.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will minister to families and specifically children age birth through sixth grade, serving alongside our Senior Minister and Student Minister.
• Currently, the Jerome Children’s Ministry averages 25 children in elementary age (1st-6th) and 20 children (Nursery - Kindergarten) on Sunday mornings.
• We have a successful Sunday evening program for Preschool – 6th grade, which averages 40 children.
• Jerome Christian church is home to Jerome Christian Preschool, with over 50 daytime students each week.
• New this year we provide and staff, Kids Hope, a mentoring ministry in Eastern Elementary School, Greentown.
To be considered, candidates must possess the following minimum requirements:
• Strongly believe and affirm Biblical truth and Christian theology with a Restoration Movement perspective.
• Lead in establishing and casting the vision for the Jerome Children’s Ministry, consistent with the JCC Mission.
• Be a team player and work well with the Staff, TEAM (Elders and Ministers), children, parents and volunteers.
• By example, teaching and relationships, guide children and parents to be growing, faithful disciples.
• Skillfully teach and facilitate programs for elementary and preschool age children.
• Creatively organize and implement outreach, discipleship, and worship programs, projects, and events.
• Successfully choose, train, equip, affirm and supervise volunteers and creatively provide service opportunities.
• Effectively serve as Children’s Ministry administrator and leader.
Candidates should possess the minimum requirements of:
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Restoration Movement college or university.
• Prior experience in a Children’s Ministry context is a plus.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter ASAP to our Student Minister, Jake Purtlebaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodland Lakes Christian Camp Amelia, Ohio Miscellaneous / Summer
3054 Lindale-Mt. Holly Road :: Amelia, Ohio 45102
- Tim Becker
- Phone: 513-797-5268
- Fax: 513-797-5500
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Woodland Lakes Christian Camp Website
Woodland Lakes is searching for college age students who would like to join us this summer in fulfilling our mission to exalt Jesus Christ and touch lives. Job responsibilities include modeling the Christian life while serving others, belay at the climbing tower, cleaning the facilities, facilitating recreational activities, building campfires, lifeguarding at the pool and lake, and various other projects. Employees will work in an enjoyable Christian environment and be able to make a difference in the lives of the campers. Housing may be available if needed. Must be lifeguard certified. Applications are available on our website at www.woodlandlakes.com. Please apply by February 28th.
Amazing Grace Christian Church Grove City, Ohio Children's / Full Time
2255 Quail Creek BLVD :: Grove City, Ohio 43123
Average Weekly Attendance: 275
- Thomas Alexander
- Phone: 7405034507
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Amazing Grace Christian Church Website
Title: Family/Children’s Director Reports to: Senior Minister
Category: Ministry Staff Last Updated: November 2013
The Family/Children’s Director is responsible to share God’s love to children and families by partnering with the parents of children ages birth through 6th grade and offering communities, programming, experiences, and resources to build and sustain the faith of children into adulthood.
Communities = Sunday Am graded experience for birth-6th grade for both 9:00 and 10:30 hours, discipleship within the communities, follow up on new parents.
Programming = Engaging Sunday morning discipleship experiences, and “Family Experiences” (Community Outreach) 6x/year (target), also a “check-in” system and “background checks” for workers
Experiences = Help Children to love Jesus and grow in faith, worship experiences, serving opportunities
Resources to build faith = Training for Teachers, Baptism/Conversion Classes, training for Parents (parenting class)
PURPOSE & NEED
A “normal” nuclear family makes up an ever-diminishing number of the households in our society. Most
teens who attended church growing up do not make it into their mid-20’s with their faith intact. These
realities emphasize the need for urgent and intentional efforts to aid parents in leading their families
according to God’s plan and effectively passing on their faith to future generations.
In response, Amazing Grace will provide Bible-based, relevant, faith-building teaching and experiences in the context of a welcoming and accepting community to provide resources and foster the relationships
necessary to help families on the journey towards biblical discipleship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in Christian ministries and a minimum of two years’ experience working with children in a church environment.
The successful candidate will possess basic computer and office skills, such as email and database management.
• Is a baptized, mature believer, committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
• Leads a life governed by God’s Word and Spirit, in submission to the eldership of Amazing Grace.
• Loves Jesus, loves the church and loves people; attends church services regularly.
• Displays a cheerful, positive Christian attitude, demonstrating a servant’s heart.
• Exhibits a high standard of integrity and confidentiality.
• Exhibits confidence and an ability to “think on their feet.”
• Ability to organize effectively and meet required deadlines.
• Helps to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values and goals of the church…”Transforming Lives
one at a time (Discipleship).”
• Display a high level of energy and an infectious passion for kids and sharing Christ with them.
• Light the path. This includes at all times being an example for children that will help them develop their
own personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Serving with a “whatever it takes” attitude!
FOCUS AREA • Family/Children’s Ministry
• Develop and implement age-appropriate, relevant programming (Bible classes, worship programs,
service opportunities, events). This includes all aspects of recruiting & encouraging volunteers,
implementing curriculum, and maintaining facilities and resources effectively.
• Recruit, care for, encourage, lead, and spiritually nurture the ministry volunteers. Treat them as the flock
under your care.
• Partner with the rest of the Amazing Grace leadership team to execute the vision of the church (Transforming Lives One at a Time).
• Be a champion and a resource for children and families inside and outside Amazing Grace.
• Working with the Senior Minister, develop and manage the financial budget for Children’s Ministry,
being a good steward of the resources provided.
• Attend periodic meetings of staff, elders, ministry leaders, and retreats.
• Invest in improving your own spiritual, leadership, and ministry skills through regular reading and
seminars/conferences (as approved by the Senior Minister).
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time)
Compensation: Competitive Salary including allowances for medical, phone and car.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation, including two Sundays (10 business days) to be scheduled with the
Date effective: This agreement will become effective on the date signed by both parties.
Provision for change: Changes can be made in this agreement by mutual consent. An evaluation for performance & compensation will be conducted 6 months from the date of hire, then annually thereafter by the Senior Minister.
Mt Eden Christian Church Lexington, Kentucky Youth / Part Time
8658 Tates Creek Road :: Lexington, Kentucky 40515
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Tricia Morris ( church secretary)
- Phone: 859-333-9705
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Mt Eden Christian Church Website
Mt. Eden is a small country church with a big heart. Mt. Eden has a youth program ages ranging from 2-12. The attendance varies but most Sundays we have 15-20 between the ages of 5 and 12. We are looking for someone during winter months to teach lessons and participate in activities with the children. In the summer months we are hoping to expand to offering evening services either on Sunday or Wednesday evenings.
Brooksville Christian Church Brooksville, Kentucky Youth / Part Time
PO Box 56; 148 W. Miami St. :: Brooksville, Kentucky 41004
Average Weekly Attendance: 105
- Ron Moser
- Phone: 6067353123
- Fax: 2533694886
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Brooksville Christian Church Website
This is a part time position working with youth of all ages especially K-12. Responsibilities would include teaching a Sunday school class, Junior church,youth groups, and planning youth events. A plus would be being able to lead a praise band but not a requirement.
Batesville Christian Church Batesville, Indiana Worship / Full Time
1294 Columbus Avenue :: Batesville, Indiana 47006
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Steve Yeaton
- Phone: (812) 934-5147
- Fax: 812-932-5149
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Batesville Christian Church Website
The minister of worship will oversee the vision, planning, and development of the worship ministry for a church of 300+. Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in leading discipleship ministries (especially in overseeing a small group ministry).
BCC is a growing church in a small, but thriving town of 6,500 in southeastern Indiana within easy reach of Indianapolis and Cincinnati. Compensation package consists of approximately $45,000 in salary, plus approximately $20,000 more in benefits. Salary package has flexibility to recognize experience level of candidate. For more information about BCC, please go to www.batesvillechristianchurch.org. Job descriptions available upon request.
On Fire Christian Center Louisville, Kentucky Worship / Part Time
5627 New Cut Rd. :: Louisville, Kentucky 40214
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Stephanie Dillon
- Phone: 502-618-FIRE (3473)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: On Fire Christian Center Website
We are in prayer for the right person to lead our praise & worship. Our church is a growing congregation of about 200, energetic, & on fire for God. Must be a good fit for our "sound" (Jesus Culture, Elevation Worship, Hillsong United), relatively young, with a heart to mentor/disciple other younger musicians.
Our services are Sundays 10:30am & 7:00pm, Wednesdays 7:00pm.
Compensation per service, possible position available for teaching at our Christian school.
New Testament Christian Church Keokuk, Iowa Preaching / Full Time
1578 Hilton Rd. :: Keokuk, Iowa 52632
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Ken Penfield
- Phone: 319-524-8727
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: New Testament Christian Church Website
New Testament Christian Church in Keokuk, IA, is located in the southeast corner of the state on the Mississippi River. Due to the upcoming retirement of our senior minister, we have begun the search for a new minister who can continue to lead, teach and partner with our elders, staff and congregation as we work together to reach our communities for Christ. Our current weekly Sunday attendance is around 300 with two morning services. In addition to Sunday morning Adult Bible Fellowships and weekly small groups, we have active children, youth and mission programs. NTCC is also home to Keokuk Christian Academy, a Christian school for students preschool through 12th grade. To apply or for more information, please contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org The church website is www.ntcckeokuk.com
Lake Superior Christian church Marquette, Michigan Miscellaneous / Full Time
393 M-553 :: Marquette, Michigan 49855
Average Weekly Attendance: 530
- Lake Superior Christian Church - Search Team
- Phone: 906-249-1431
- Fax: 906-249-1351
- Email: Searchteam@lscc.tv
- Church Website: Lake Superior Christian church Website
Lake Superior Christian Church is seeking a gifted servant leader with administrative/management skills to guide our congregation to the next level. LSCC is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, near Marquette. On a typical Sunday, approximately 500 attend worship services. We seek to grow in numbers and spiritual maturity. This is a full time position.
Purpose: To lead the body according to God’s Holy Word; to lead in team building, administration and staff development; to participate in the church’s mission of serving God by: Bringing people into His church, Building people up in His Son, and Sending people out to serve in His harvest. The successful applicant will oversee and participate in the “Visioneering” of the future for LSCC, as well.
• Team Builder;
• Administrator responsible for day to day operational effectiveness;
• Preacher, Teacher and Trainer as needed.
• Develop and train Leadership Team;
• Identify upcoming challenges and provide training to ensure timely decisions;
• Create atmosphere conducive to unity of Leadership Team;
• Conduct weekly Staff meetings;
• Coordinate actions of Elders and Staff;
• Mentor Ministry Staff;
• Develop and execute budget;
• Manage organizational resources;
• Ensure facilities and grounds display excellence;
• Orchestrate capital improvement projects;
• Supervise all Staff, including provision of annual written performance evaluations;
• Facilitate ongoing review and development of LSCC Leadership vision;
• Identify limiting factors to growth;
• Propose and direct implementation of strategies to promote growth.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a ministry field;
• An ordained minister;
• 10 years full-time ministry experience;
• 5 years leadership experience in a multi-staff environment with emphasis in administration or management and team building;
• Well-versed in business principles and practices within the church context and mission;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Meet the Biblical qualifications of an elder;
• Be or become a member of the congregation;
• Ability to walk on water and leap tall buildings in a single bound is desirable;
Those interested should submit a professional resume, cover letter, philosophy of ministry statement and a list of 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to Wayne Price via email: searchteam@LSCC.TV or regular mail to the church (393 M-553, Marquette, MI 49855). The search committee will begin conducting interviews in early 2014.