- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
If you would like to submit a Ministry Opening you can fill out a form. Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298).
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Lake Region Christian Assembly Crown Point, Indiana Miscellaneous / Full Time
7007 E 117th Ave :: Crown Point, Indiana 46307
- Cherish Edwards
- Phone: 219-663-2530
- Fax: 219-663-2530
- Email: CherishLRCA@hotmail.com
- Church Website: Lake Region Christian Assembly Website
Camp LRCA is looking for a property manager with a desire for excellence. Our management team (General Manager and Program Manager), is looking for a 3rd team member with a passion for making the camp the best it can be. The candidate needs basic skills in construction, drywall, roofing, electrical, plumbing, and grounds care/landscaping.
We have 140 acres of opportunity! Help the LRCA management team bring a quality Christian camping experience to the greater Chicagoland area.
Full job description available upon request. Please email all inquiries to Cherish Edwards, General Manager, at CherishLRCA@hotmail.com
Hillsboro Christian Church Hillsboro, Missouri Preaching / Full Time
4865 Hw. B :: Hillsboro, Missouri 63050
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Jim Ellison
- Phone: 636-789-2680
- Fax: 636-789-9900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Hillsboro Christian Church Website
Senior Pastor Position
Hillsboro Christian Church, located just south of St Louis, Missouri, is seeking to replace their senior pastor who, after 25+ years, is reentering the mission field. The candidate will lead this congregation of approximately 200, working with the two current full time pastors, Worship and Youth. The timetable is to fill this position is around mid 2014. Resumes and examples of preaching will be accepted until December 31, 2013.
Five years vocational (paid) ministry experience required with a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Salary range: $48,000-$55,000/neg. Benefits package available. No parsonage available.
For further information and a preliminary questionnaire, please send your resume and link to a video of a recent sermon to:
email@example.com or mail to;
Hillsboro Christian Church
Attn: Senior Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 286
Hillsboro MO 63050
Galilee Christian Church Jefferson, Georgia Children's / Full Time
2191 Galilee Church Road :: Jefferson, Georgia 30549
Average Weekly Attendance: 600
- Nick Vipperman
- Phone: 706-367-8072
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Galilee Christian Church Website
Galilee Christian Church, Jefferson GA (50 miles north of Atlanta, GA) is seeking a full time Children’s Director to oversee all aspects of Children’s Ministry in a growing and thriving church of 700 active members
Galilee currently has two core programs. Our Sunday morning program is ministering to well over 100 kids (including nursery). Our Wednesday night program has over 140 children and sponsors.
• Lead and facilitate all aspects of graded Sunday large groups worship and small group learning time.
• Oversee selection and implementation of all curriculums.
• Lead and facilitate all aspects of Wednesday night children’s programming.
• Equip, train and lead volunteer teams.
• Oversee recruitment, apprenticing, and training of all volunteers.
• Develop and meet regularly with Children’s Ministry leadership team.
• Ensure that ministry leads children toward a personal relationship with Jesus.
• Promote and implement a process for helping all children grow in a relationship with Jesus.
• Plan, oversee, and lead teams in planning Children’s Ministry special events including; Age-appropriate Camps, Vacation Bible School, Kids Outreach Events/ Volunteer Appreciations.
• Recruit and develop talent for Children’s Ministry
• Develop strategies to partner with parents to help them connect/communicate/disciple/train their Children.
• Develop and maintain a working budget for Children’s Ministry based on yearly goals.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the Elders/ Senior Minister.
• Honor God and the church with a servant’s heart.
• Be committed to our purpose: “Galilee Christian Church exists to advance the Gospel; make disciples who serve our church our community and the world.”
If you are a gifted leader, communicator, administrator, and people person with a heart that beats for seeing God transform the lives of children we'd love to hear from you.
• College Education (ministry specific preferred)
• Previous Student ministry experience (experience leading 50+ children preferred)
• Growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Strong Computer/Social Media capabilities.
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Please send resumes and a link to video or audio of you teaching (Or a DVD) in a Children’s environment to email@example.com. Please place “Children’s Minister Search” in the subject line. Or you may mail to, 2191 Galilee Church Road, Jefferson, GA 30549 (Attn: Nick Vipperman)
Fox Valley Christian Church Batavia, Illinois Worship / Full Time
40W 150 Main Street :: Batavia, Illinois 60510
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Arthur Carlson
- Phone: 630-208-8484
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Fox Valley Christian Church Website
FVCC Worship Minister
Fox Valley Christian Church (FVCC) is a suburban church of just under 200 in Sunday attendance located in Batavia, Illinois about 40 miles West of Chicago. FVCC is an Elder-led, non-denominational, independent Christian Church that is dedicated to fulfilling the Great Commission through relevant Bible teaching, contemporary worship, prayer, outreach, community service and by supporting missions locally and throughout the world. We believe that God has provided an abundance of future potential growth as a church and as leaders at this time. So we are looking for a Worship Minister who is an energetic passionate individual to come along side our new Senior Minster as we spread God’s message in our community. The Worship Minister will also assist the Senior Minister in administering aspects of the youth ministry team during our church growth. The ideal person is someone with spiritual depth, relational leadership skills, and the ability to lead a strong team of volunteer leaders. In addition we are looking for someone who is:
• Experienced in a contemporary worship leader setting, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
• At least a bachelor’s degree from a school affiliated with the Christian Church/Churches of Christ. (Preferred)
• Knowledge or desire to learn the technical aspects of the worship center: sound, lighting, video, etc.
• Be a teacher who presents the truth of the Word in a relevant and relational style.
• Willingness to teach the youth and leaders in small and large settings.
• Passion for community outreach a must.
As a Spirit-led church, we are amenable in considering individuals who are uniquely gifted and exceptionally qualified based on a history of proven ministry who meet the essence, but not the exact detail of this profile.
To apply for this position, email resumes with a personalized cover letter as well as video links to your samples of you leading worship to: Ministersearch@fvcc.com
Litchfield Christian Church Litchfield, Minnesota Preaching / Full Time
312 N Marshall Ave :: Litchfield, Minnesota 55355
Average Weekly Attendance: 135
The Litchfield Christian Church, Litchfield MN, is seeking a pastor and family with proven evangelical abilities. A pastor who has a deep understanding of scripture and believes firmly in the inerrancy of God’s Word. A pastor who walks (24/7) with the Lord and can articulate the love Jesus Christ to all people.
Over our long history, many of our pastors have been graduates of Crossroads College (Minnesota Bible College) in Rochester MN. In the last 39 years we have had 2 pastors.
Our church is 142 years old and has just completed Phase I of a Building Expansion Program. Phase 1, of this expansion, completed our Entrances, Welcome Center, Educational Facilities, Offices, Restrooms, Kitchen, Library and the shell for the Phase 2 Worship Area . Phase 2, completing the Worship Center, is planned to occur when we outgrow our current Worship Area, which has a maximum seating capacity of 170. We have recently started 2 Worship Services on Sunday mornings. Our current worship attendance averages 135 and the Phase 2 New Worship Area is planned for a maximum seating capacity of 300.
Our Church’s financial condition is good and we believe in a strong missionary program, currently giving approximately 10 percent of our income to our missionaries. We have active Bible Studies, Youth Groups, Christian Education for all ages and enjoy monthly fellowship dinners, a summer VBS program and a church soft ball league. We support and send our youth free of charge to the Pine Haven Christian Assembly summer camp near Park Rapids, MN.
If the Lord is calling you, to investigate the possibility of helping us, to serve Him by winning souls to Christ in the Litchfield, MN area please send your resume attention LCC search committee at LCCsearch2013@gmail.com
Elder Duane Lundin
Scott Avenue Christian Church Newton, Illinois Preaching / Full Time
404 S Scott Avenue :: Newton, Illinois 62448
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Robin Wipf
- Phone: 618-783-3744
- Fax: 618-783-5524
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Scott Avenue Christian Church Website
We seek an individual, called by God, whose desire is to Glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) in the spirit of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40). As such, this person must have a passion for reaching the lost (the unsaved) and for making disciples that, in turn, make disciples. The individual we seek should be an extremely gifted, dynamic preacher desiring to be a highly effective communicator of the Word of God. He must be an inspirational leader by his life example and through mentoring and must value the diversity of our multi-generational congregation.
• Meets all Biblical qualifications of an elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-3, 1 Peter 5:1-14, and Titus 1:5-9
• Affirms, and is in complete agreement with, the Scott Avenue Christian Church Mission, Vision and Beliefs
• Has obtained at least a Bachelor’s Degree from a Christian Church Bible College with Restoration Movement background
• Previous successful full-time pastoral ministry experience (preferably five years minimum at a church of 200 or more and preaching experience of a minimum of twice per month)
• Has a proven track record of working well with others and is committed to a team approach to ministry
Owensville Christian Church Owensville, Missouri Preaching / Full Time
620 E. Lincoln :: Owensville, Missouri 65066
Average Weekly Attendance: 175
- Marty Beasley
- Phone: 314-791-0076
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Owensville Christian Church Website
OCC is seeking to fill a full time senior minister position. We are a thriving congregation that has a Sunday worship attendance of 150-200. Our youth ministry has exploded and we average close to 100 youth on Wednesday evenings and a total attendance of 150+ for Bible study. Owensville MO is a town of 2650 people.
We are looking for a dynamic senior minister who can help us expand Christ’s kingdom in this community. Our worship music is a combination of contemporary and traditional, with several participating worship teams. Currently there are two Sunday morning services and Wednesday evening meal followed with study groups for all ages. Our attendance has been growing and we own a building site for future expansion.
We believe that the scripture is the inspired word of God and is not to be compromised for any reason. Salvation is only through Jesus Christ and our purpose is to evangelize and serve the body of Christ.
Our congregation would appreciate your prayerful consideration of joining us in the service of our King.
OCC Search Committee
Please e-mail resume and sermon links to:
Kathy Robertson secretary email@example.com
Marty Beasley chairman 314-791-0076
Maplewood Christian Church Ravenna, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
state rte 88 :: Ravenna, Ohio 44266
Average Weekly Attendance: 60
- John Pascoe
- Phone: 330-298-3979
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Maplewood Christian Church Website
Maplewood Christian Church of Ravenna, Ohio is searching for an individual for the position of Pastor. The pastor is responsible for Sunday morning services and Wednesday night Bible Studies. Other duties include pastoral and hospital invitation, personal ministry to the congregation, occasional counseling, and general oversight of the ministries of the church. The candidate should have a desire to reach the lost as well as minister to those within the church. The pastor is responsible to the board of elders which is elected annually by the congregation. The church membership currently stands at 72 eligible voting members. The statement below gives a brief synopsis of the beliefs of the church. Additional information about the church can be found on the church’s webpage at Maplewoodcc.org.
Maplewood Christian Church Statement of Faith and Practice
Maplewood Christian Church is an evangelical church which adheres to the Bible as its authority for faith and practice. The church adheres to a form of worship which emphasizes praise in song and music, the celebration of communion, the preaching of the Word, and prayer for salvation and healing in every service. There has been some teaching over the years on the work and manifestation of the Holy Spirit and His gifts. The church has had minimal experience in the giftings but the leadership elected by the congregation is in agreement that according to the scriptures these gifts are available today. There is also agreement that all things should be done “decently and in order” as the apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians. The church is affiliated with the Churches of Christ but many of its members come from various denominational backgrounds. We believe that God has raised up this church for His purpose and our desire is to see the Holy Spirit move in such a way that His will be accomplished.
Resumes may be forwarded to the address below for consideration. If available an audio copy of a recent sermon would be helpful as well. All inquiries should be directed to John Pascoe, pulpit committee chair at the email or phone number listed.
Email replies to:
Ravenna OH 44266
Pleasant View Church of Christ Jeffersonville, Ohio Preaching / Part Time
6906 Upper Jamestown Rd :: Jeffersonville, Ohio 43128
Average Weekly Attendance: 28
- Roger Schafer
- Phone: 937-675-2076
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Pleasant View Church of Christ Website
We are seeking an enthusiastic part time minister that is also youth oriented. He needs to be biblically motivated, doctrinally sound, a servant’s heart, holds firmly to the restoration, has a vision for the congregation and willing to start a youth program. He needs to be willing to reach out to the community and evangelize. Willing to do more than just the service on Sundays. This ministry could turn into a full time position following growth of the congregation. This could be a position for a student at a Christian University. It is our desire that applicant have a Church of Christ/Christian background. We are a very friendly church in a rural farm area that has served the lord for over 135 years and we want to continue. Along with the Church building, we have a fellowship Hall with classrooms, GYM and kitchen.
$350.00 per week, no other benefits and no parsonage. Please send resume and audio of at least one sermon (if available), additional information will be proved at that time.
Send resume to the church attention: Roger Schafer or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church Midway, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
495 Duckers Road :: Midway, Kentucky 40347
Average Weekly Attendance: 1000
- Jessica Switzer
- Phone: 859-873-1967
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church Website
The Forks of Elkhorn Baptist located in beautiful Midway, Kentucky is currently seeking a Student Minister to build a long-term youth/college program to the train our students in serving Jesus Christ. This position will have the opportunity to open in our brand new state of the art Christian Life Center & Youth Area which is scheduled to open in the 1st quarter of 2014. If you are passionate about Jesus Christ, have a love for mentoring students and are looking for a church/opportunity where God is working, then we might be looking for you!
The primary purpose of the Student Minister is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in raising their youth to spiritual maturity. Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church seeks a full-time position responsible for all aspects of student ministries. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the middle school, high school and college programs with secondary responsibilities of some administrative duties.
The Student Minister must be a born again Christian with a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ. They must have a love for God, a love for students and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. They must see this position as having a strong desire to serve God in the church and local community. They will report directly to the Senior Pastor and /or the Associate Pastor on a weekly basis.
In addition, the following are required:
• Must be committed to the Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church’s doctrine, vision, values and beliefs.
• Must have experience as a Youth or Student Minister.
• Must be committed to a team approach to ministry as working with volunteers is essential.
• Must be a strong teacher with a love for God’s word.
• Must have a relational style of leadership and ministry.
• Must have a joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
• Must be a self starter, exercising initiative and judgment and able to work with or without direct supervision.
• Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
• Must posses organizational and administrative abilities
• Must be a graduate of a college or university with a degree in Christian Education with a focus in Youth or Student Ministries
• Must be desirous of Student Ministry career
The Student Minister must have the ability and willingness to:
• Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders.
• Engage parents and vital partners
• Teach and lead students and leaders in both small and large group settings weekly.
• Communicate well with parents and come along side families, especially in times of crisis
• Relate to the unique needs of teenagers and young adults
• Be willing to visit all families and engage youth in their homes
Please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church, 495 Duckers Station Road
Midway, KY. 40347
Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessamine Christian Church Nicholasville, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
130 Courchelle Drive :: Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Wally Rendel or Phil Richardson
- Phone: 859-887-8757
- Fax: 859-881-5759
- Email: Wally@jessaminechristianchurch.com
- Church Website: Jessamine Christian Church Website
Ministry with 6th-12th Graders
* Plan, Lead, and Preach at Youth Worship Service
* Plan and Lead Wednesday Evening Service for Youth
* Plans/Coordinates Camps, Conferences, Activities, and Outings for Youth
* Plan and Teach Sunday School for Youth
Indian Creek Christian Church Cynthiana, Kentucky Miscellaneous /
51 Waits Road :: Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
Average Weekly Attendance: 315
- Chad Broaddus
- Phone: 859-234-5223
- Fax: 859-235-9651
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Indian Creek Christian Church Website
Indian Creek Christian Church (Cynthiana, KY) is in search of an administrative assistant. The administrative assistant will work 24-30 hours a week at a competitive salary. The candidate must have experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher. He or she must also understand the importance of working in a confidential environment. The candidate should be a people person who understands that he/she is Christ-like representative of ICCC. Interested candidates should send resumes to Chad Broaddus, Senior Minister of ICCC, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Christian Church Muncie, Indiana Youth / Full Time
2400 N. Nebo Rd. :: Muncie, Indiana 47304
Average Weekly Attendance: 215
- Steve Huddleston
- Phone: 765-284-0896
- Fax: 765-284-3902
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: University Christian Church Website
University Christian Church in Muncie, IN is seeking full time staff to direct the youth and children's ministries of the church. We are looking to hire an individual with the skills, gifts, and willingness to lead in the areas of both teen and children's ministries with the understanding that once they are hired and we know what their greater passion is (teens or children), the church will immediately begin the search to hire a part-time minister to relieve them of the area they are less passionate about leading. This will allow them to devote full time to the age group of their choice.
UCC offers a competitive salary and benefit package, a strong team of servant leaders with a clear vision for the church, a unified congregation, an excellent location, an atmosphere of growth and a missional focus, a financially sound congregation, a strong commitment to youth and children, and an excellent building facility.
Chandler Christian Church Chandler, Arizona Youth / Full Time
1825 S Alma School Road :: Chandler, Arizona 85249
Average Weekly Attendance: 2500
- Matt Agnew
- Phone: 480-963-3997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Chandler Christian Church Website
The Pastor of High School Ministries will be responsible to oversee all people, programs and processes within the High School youth ministries, especially Sunday mornings, mid-week programs, camps, and mission trips. This includes, but is not limited to:
RECRUITMENT OF STAFF
This staff member will oversee the recruitment, training, and staffing of all programs for High School Ministries. Regular leadership development for student and adult leaders should be happening on a regular basis. Timely evaluations with all staff, as appropriate, will insure steady growth in the skills and responsibilities assigned to all staff connected to this ministry. The Pastor of High School Ministries will be responsible for training and giving direction to the Administrative Assistant as necessary in conjunction with other staff.
Oversee and administrate the continued development of curriculum and to insure that quality teaching is taking place in the lives of all students involved in the High School ministry.
As Chandler Christian Church grows, more and more families will come to be a part of the ministry here. Another key area of High School Ministries is reaching out to unconnected students throughout the circles of influence of those students already a part of the ministry. This includes involvement at the Bridge and in area High Schools. Key evangelistic and connecting programs need to take place at least four times a year that specifically target those students not a part of the CCC/Student Ministries program. As outreach programs are developed, this leader will work with the various publications and periodicals created by CCC to promote these various events.
Highland Christian Church Maysville, Kentucky Youth / Part Time
4037 KY HWY 10 :: Maysville, Kentucky 41056
Average Weekly Attendance: 110
- Highland Christian Church
- Phone: 6068833392
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Highland Christian Church Website
Growing, vibrant, contemporary church searching for a Family Minister. We have 4-8 students in Jr/Sr High, but a lot of young families with kids in elementary/pre school. This job will be working with all youth on weekends, but will mainly focus on kids under 6th grade. Full Job description available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11898671/Highland%20Family%20Ministe....
Feel free to email/call with any questions.