- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Mudfork Church of Christ Bluefield, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
6142 Mudfork Road :: Bluefield, Virginia 24605
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Eddie Dickenson
- Phone: (276) 988-5211
- Email: email@example.com.
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time minister following the death of our minister of forty-four years, Johnnie Elmore. We are located in a rural community in Tazewell County in southwestern Virginia. If you have questions or for more information, please call Eddie Dickenson at (276) 988-5211. A resume may be sent to Eddie Dickenson, 164 Dickenson Lane, North Tazewell,VA 24630. Thank you for taking time to consider our need. Please keep our congregation in your prayers. May God bless and guide you always.
Greenup Christian Church Greenup, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
711 Main St :: Greenup, Kentucky 41144
Average Weekly Attendance: 130
- Mike Dennis
- Phone: 606 371 3258
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are searching for a Youth Director and Children's Director. Please send
inquiry for either position to email@example.com
to receive a job description and application form
Jeromesville Christian Church Jeromesville, Ohio Preaching / Part Time
75 North High Street :: Jeromesville, Ohio 44840
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Phil Young
- Phone: 419-651-4554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister’s Professional Responsibilities:
• Recommended Hours Per Week: ~20 hours
• Preaching and Teaching
Preach sermons at Sunday morning and Revolution evening services. Provide support for teachers and/or teach weekly Sunday School Classes and Bible Studies in order to provide continuing education of God’s Word. Provide support for additional functions of the church as requested by the Elders.
• Pastoral Care
Visit people monthly (suggested) who are homebound and cannot attend weekly services. Provide support by visiting or calling people in the hospital. Coordinate monthly (suggested) visitations with the people of the church as possible. Comfort mourning families of lost loved ones. Provide additional pastoral care as requested by the Elders.
Provide support for Vacation Bible School. Attend extra-curricular church and community events as much as possible. Attend the Hillsdale CARES meetings as possible. Provide support for additional community efforts as requested by the Elders.
Provide weekly media releases for Sunday morning and evening services. Attend weekly Elder meetings and Church Board meetings as possible. Attend annual Church meeting and present Minister’s report. Perform additional administrative duties as requested by the Elders.
It is expected that the minister will exemplify Christian values and principles and refrain from any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit on or cause scandal to the church or be in contradiction to the Bible or Christian ethics and morals in both his personal life (i.e. social media/communication) and his professional life.
Minister’s Compensation Package:
• Salary: Negotiable based on experience, education and longevity.
• Travel: Travel will be reimbursed at the Federal Rate per mile following the IRS guidelines up to $1,000 per year for hospitalization and $2,000 per year for visitation. For emergency situations the travel mileage begins from the current location whereas all other travel mileage begins from the minister’s home in accordance with the IRS guidelines. A monthly mileage report will be turned in to the elders the last Sunday of each month for their review. A mileage check will be given the first Sunday of the following month.
• Cell Phone: A cell-phone to be available for emergencies and day-to-day minister duties. Approximately $750 per year.
• Paid Time Off: Paid time off must be used in a calendar year and there is no cash value for unused paid time off. There is no paid time off carry-over to the next year.
Linton First Christian Church Linton, Indiana Youth / Full Time
9878 W State Rd. 54 :: Linton, Indiana 47441
Average Weekly Attendance: 550
- Josh Dean
- Email: email@example.com
Linton First Christian Church Youth Director Position
Linton first Christian Church is located in Linton, Indiana and currently runs an average attendance of around 550 on Sunday mornings. The church is seeking to fill the full time youth director position which is responsible for grades 7 through college.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably from a Christian college/university and be married. We’d love to find the person out there that loves working with youth; someone that is not just looking at a youth position as stepping stone in a career.
The position requires the following:
Ministry, when left unchecked, can take over. The ideal candidate will know/learn how to keep the most important things the priority, while still carrying out their responsibilities.
a. Personal walk
c. Boundaries with students
Great ministry is a result of great relationships. The ideal candidate will know how to cultivate relationships, digging into the lives of the church.
a. With students
b. With sponsors
Teaching is not a singular event, but rather a series of intentional training encounters. The ideal candidate will know/learn to help everyone around them grow closer to Christ and find their place in the body.
a. Student’s faith
b. Sponsor leadership
Ongoing ministry at a large scale does not happen by chance. The ideal candidate will know/learn to minister ahead of the flock in order to fully utilize the resources available to them.
a. Weekly activities
b. Major trips and events
Youth ministry should function as a part of the church, not as a church within a church. The ideal candidate will know/learn to partner with the other parts of the body for the most effective results.
In addition to submitting a resume, applicants are asked to provide a link to a 2 to 5 minute video that introduces themselves and also gives an overview as to why they are applying.
To apply, applicants should visit www.peopletogod.com/job and follow the directions.
Summit Christian Church Akron, Ohio Youth / Part Time
133 South Hawkins Ave :: Akron, Ohio 44313
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Mike Martin
- Phone: 330-836-2211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Christian Church is looking for a person to start a Jr./Sr. High youth ministry and to oversee our Sunday morning children's program. We are seeking a self motivated person who can minister with a balance of fun and biblical learning who relates well to kids of all ages. Please call or email the church for more information.
Poplar Ridge Christian Church Piney Flats, Tennessee Youth / Full Time
206 Poplar Ridge Church Road :: Piney Flats, Tennessee 37686
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Evan Wolfe
- Phone: (423) 213-2718
- Email: email@example.com
Poplar Ridge Christian Church, TN is seeking a full time youth minister. Poplar Ridge is a church of 350 with a youth group of approximately 25 students ranging in age from junior high to high school. Applicants should have a desire to work with junior high and high school students while partnering with families for a holistic approach to discipleship. The individual in this position is expected to oversee the Wednesday night and Sunday night youth programs, and to make efforts to work with local schools. Having the attitude of a team player is essential for working with our church staff and leading the youth ministry volunteers. Organizational and planning skills are a must. Those interested should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Lake Marion Christian Church Manning, South Carolina Preaching / Full Time
1474 Lake Shore Dr :: Manning, South Carolina 29102
Average Weekly Attendance: 20
- Johnny Radcliffe
- Phone: 803-478-7871
- Email: eradd@ftc-I.net
The Grove Church Marysville, Washington Miscellaneous / Full Time
4705 Grove St :: Marysville, Washington 98270
Average Weekly Attendance: 800
- Ryan Loffer
- Phone: 360-659-2276
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Testament Church of Christ Hagerstown, Indiana Youth / Full Time
752 W Main St :: Hagerstown, Indiana 47346
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Paul Gearhardt
- Phone: 765-489-5762
- Fax: 765-489-3514
- Email: email@example.com
- Promote and equip parents/families with the ideas and resources for family based discipleship.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Organize, Train, and oversee youth and adult Sunday School from 6th grade thru adult age.
- Recruit train, and development volunteers for youth ministry.
- Work with all Jr. and Sr. High sponsors in attending, planning and execute all weekly educational programs and special events.
- Develop a presence in the local schools by attending extra circular actives of the students at school and in the community and develop relationships with administration, staff, and students.
- Guide the monthly All Pro Dad meetings.
- Collaborate with Children’s Director in the planning and participate in special events. (example VBS)
- Preach and perform weddings, pre marital counseling, and funerals as needed.
- Participate in hospital and home visitation of youth and families as needed.
- Music skills a plus but optional for the job.
Louisville Christian Church Louisville, Ohio Children's / Part Time
1800 S. Chapel St. :: Louisville, Ohio 44641
Average Weekly Attendance: 235
- Rick Brown
- Phone: 330-875-4155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be part-time (estimated at 20 hours per week). The Children’s Ministry Director will work and consult with our Youth Minister as part of our over-all youth program. The Director will be directly responsible to the Elders and Ministers, and will provide monthly reports to the Board. Job Description is available upon request.
Bedford Acres Christian Church Paris, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
5414 Lexington Road :: Paris, Kentucky 40361
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Bruce McDonald
- Phone: 859-707-0540
- Email: email@example.com
Bedford Acres Christian Church is searching for a person to undertake the challenge of leading our student ministry which focuses on grades 6 – 12.
Our ideal candidate will have a vibrant relationship with God in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. Their life will evidence passion for Christ, godly character, spiritual leadership, competency and capacity for establishing and maintaining healthy relationships.
Responsibilities in this role include oversight of volunteers, equipping leaders to support ministry activities, develop plans and budgets, and collaborate with Ministry and Leadership Team members. Direct report will be to the Senior Pastor.
Union Church Of Christ Hillsboro,, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
3021 Taylorsville Rd. :: Hillsboro,, Ohio 45133
Average Weekly Attendance: 115
- Glenn Hess
- Phone: 937-763-2455
- Fax: 937-763-2455
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Country church with parsonage. Good mix of young families and mission minded.
Dry Run Church of Christ West Portsmouth, Ohio Youth / Full Time
22336 St Rt 73 :: West Portsmouth, Ohio 45663
Average Weekly Attendance: 240
- Susan Vanderpool
- Phone: 740-858-5516
- Email: email@example.com
Detailed job description available upon request. Submit resume and at least three references to the email listed in contact information.
Weston Church of Christ Weston, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
13355 Center Street P.O. Box 344 :: Weston, Ohio 43569
Average Weekly Attendance: 65
- Edward Tolles/John McKenzie
- Phone: 419-669-3895
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Weston Church of Christ is seeking the man God has chosen to fill the full time position of preaching minister because of the retirement of our current preaching minister.
We are a community church looking for a candidate who can help lead the congregation as well as reach the lost.
We offer a parsonage and salary that can be negotiated.
Footville Church of Christ Footville, Wisconsin Associate / Full Time
P.O. Box 157 117 Church Street :: Footville, Wisconsin 53537
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- John Thomson
- Phone: 6084664710
- Email: email@example.com
Footville Church of Christ is seeking an energetic individual with a strong desire to relevantly show the love of God to youth and their families in Footville and the surrounding area. The person to fill this position will:
• Encourage, inspire, and nurture young people and their families in the Christian faith.
• Reach out to youth and their families through a well-planned, integrated and balanced program of social, service, study, relational, spiritual, and special activities that promote a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and involvement in the church.
• Develop and maintain nurturing and personal relationships with the youth, their families, and the congregation
• Coordinate youth activities, trips, and events for junior and senior high school groups, grade school age children, and other groups as they relate to the ministry emphasis.
Preferred qualifications are Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in Youth & Family Ministry) or experience in youth and/or family ministry. We will also consider students who are in their senior year of college who will complete their degree by summer of 2015.
Good verbal and written communication skills, an ability to recruit, train and work with volunteers, and good organizational skills are important. This person will serve in other areas of ministry as needed to fulfill their ministry and the ministry of the church.
Send resume highlighting experience, qualifications, and philosophy of ministry pertaining to youth and family ministry, with a minimum of 3 references to:
Footville Church of Christ
Attention Search Team
P.O. Box 157
117 Church Street
Footville, WI 53537
It can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have questions about the position you can call the church office and speak to Preaching Minister John Thomson at 608-466-4710