- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
If you would like to submit a Ministry Opening you can fill out a form. Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298).
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
First Christian Church Covington, Virginia Associate / Full Time
231 E, Fudge St. :: Covington, Virginia 24426
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Church Elders
- Phone: 540-965-8406
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: First Christian Church Website
First Christian Church in Covington, Va. is seeking an associate/youth minister.This 100 year old congregation of 200+ active members is set in a rural county of the Alleghany Highlands. Interested candidates may contact the elders of the church. A job description is available and resumes are welcome. The application process will end May 31, 2013.
Wildie Christian Church Wildie, Kentucky Preaching / Part Time
1343 Wildie RD./P.O. Box 145 :: Wildie, Kentucky 40492
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Anthony Coffey
- Phone: 606-256-3377
- Fax: 606-256-3377
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Wildie Christian Church Website
Wildie Christian Church
1343 Wildie Rd.
P.O. Box 145
Wildie, KY 40492
4/26/2013 9:00:52 AM
Category: Preaching Ministries
Church Attendance: 70-90
The Wildie Christian Church, an independent Christian Church, in Wildie, KY, is presently seeking a part-time minister. Wildie is a quaint, quiet community located in central Rockcastle County, Kentucky. You can view information about Rockcastle County at www.rockcastlecountyky.com Wildie Christian Church was established in 1893 and has a long-standing and rich history in the community as well as an average Sunday morning worship attendance of approximately 80 members. Applicants should be a graduate of an accredited Christian college or university and/or have 3 or more years’ experience in a located ministry but all applications will be reviewed and considered. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Sunday morning and evening preaching service and Bible study, Wednesday evening Bible study, continuing an established radio ministry, and providing services, in conjunction with the board, to the local church camp (www.kcacc.org). Strong communication and interaction skills with the congregation and community are essential. The minister is to provide spiritual leadership and direction for the congregation while working with and reporting to the Eldership of the congregation. Interested applicants can send a resume, a recent sermon presentation (in CD, DVD, or other audio/visual format), and a list of 3 or more references to Anthony Coffey 138 Arrowhead Drive Mt. Vernon, KY 40456 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crossing Quincy, Illinois Youth / Part Time
150 South 48th :: Quincy, Illinois 62305
Average Weekly Attendance: 2500
- Josh Bailey
- Phone: 217-224-6374
- Fax: 217-224-6377
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: The Crossing Website
The position available is an internship within our Student Ministry (7-12th Grade). The individual will have a primary focus on Jr. High students. The job would also be involved with both Jr. and Sr. High ministries. Ability to lead worship and comprehend technology (Soundboard, ProPresenter, Lights, Etc.) would be beneficial to the ministry, but in no way mandatory for the internship. This internship will be an opportunity to lead students to the feet of Jesus. This will take place through bible studies, small groups, weekly services, and numerous events. The internship is very flexible with start and end dates. It also contains the ability to be hired full-time if the individual is effective in advancing the Kingdom while benefiting our ministry.
Chandler Christian Church Chandler, Arizona Internship / Full Time
1825 S. Alma School Road :: Chandler, Arizona 85286
Average Weekly Attendance: 3000
Are you looking for a great church where students are its primary focus and mission? Do you get excited about serving with a contemporary, leading-edge, and outsider-focused church that places a high emphasis on relationships and innovative thinking? This might just be the opportunity you’ve been dreaming of!
Chandler Christian Church is a purpose driven, non-denominational, family friendly church of 3,000 located southeast of Phoenix, AZ. We are looking for a Student Ministries Intern to assist in leading a growing, dynamic student ministry. This person will help coordinate all weekly programming and activities for students 7-12th grade. This is a paid internship opportunity.
Mission Statement - The mission of Chandler Christian Church is to help everyone find an ever-deepening relationship with Christ.
•This individual needs to be a devoted follower of Jesus with an ever-deepening relationship with Him.
• As a leader in Christ’s church, this individual is expected to be of the highest moral and ethical character according to the Biblical standard as well as the CCC staff guidelines.
• This person will report directly to the leader of Student Ministries and appropriate pastor(s).
• This person must be able to complete tasks on time, attend scheduled meetings on time, and inform mentor of any concerns or conflicts.
• It is expected that this individual be committed to upholding the values of CCC, and be loyal to the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Student Ministry Staff, Church Staff and Eldership of Chandler Christian Church.
• To allow the intern to grow in their ability to learn from, love, and serve Students.
• To provide a safe place for the intern’s professional, theological, and spiritual development.
• To provide opportunities for the intern to develop skills necessary to lead a student ministry.
• To provide an opportunity for the intern to be part of administering the Gospel of Jesus with creative and effective methods.
• Work in the Student Ministries in a variety of capacities.
- (A.) To assist and observe in planning, executing, and evaluating weekend worship services
(B.) To assist and observe in developing calendars, curriculum, and events throughout the year
(C.) To assist and observe in providing leadership training for students
(D.) To assist and observe in planning, executing, and evaluating community outreach events for students
•Time expectations for Interns is the same as our pastoral staff:
- (A.) In full coordination with the mentoring pastor, the intern will receive one full day off each week plus part of Saturday.
(B.) The intern will be at the church for all main services, including student services: 5-6 pm Saturdays and 8 am - 12:15 pm and 5-7 pm on Sundays.
(C.) The weekly office expectation is a minimum of 30 hours as scheduled in conjunction with the mentoring pastor.
(D.) 45 hours is a standard work week. Additional days off will be granted, especially after a busy season of ministry.
(E.) The intern will be available to help coordinate and conduct programs/events as directed (flexibility is imperative)
STUDENT MINISTRY STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Weekly meetings with mentor.
• Exposure to the full scope of ministry (budget, recruiting/development of volunteers, staff meetings, counseling appointments)
• Continuing the education of professional youth workers with staff.
• Prayer for our interns.
• Constant encouraging of our interns.
Bethany Christian Church Bumpass, Virginia Youth / Full Time
2402 Bethany Church Road :: Bumpass, Virginia 23024
Average Weekly Attendance: 175
- Bethany Christian Church
- Phone: 5408723707
- Fax: 5408723936
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Bethany Christian Church Website
Bethany Christian Church of Bumpass, VA (www.bccpcs.com) is a congregation seeking to become all that Christ is calling her to be within the Body and within the community. We are currently searching for a Minister of Youth to join us in this calling. The Minister of Youth should possess the ability to relate to, encourage, and spiritually challenge a wide variety of young people in the congregation and those who would visit with us. His chief qualification is to be a man after God’s own heart that shows itself in his relationships with believers, concern for non-believers and in his ministry endeavors. He should be a man rooted in Scripture and firmly committed to sharing a passion for learning and living by it. The MOY must be actively involved in the family development of those to whom he ministers. The area of responsibility for the MOY is over the ages of Birth-12th Grade. In the area of Birth-5th Grade, his responsibilities are primarily ones of administration and oversight, while in the area of 6th-12th Grade his responsibilities expand to directing discipleship and teaching. The MOY must be a college graduate of a recognized Christian Church/Church of Christ college and/or be ordained by a Christian Church/Church of Christ in good standing. The MOY must be a man of proven experience in this area of ministry. The MOY must also communicate a commitment to and shared belief in the Statement of Faith of Bethany Christian Church. Due to the teaching and leading responsibility associated with position, the MOY must be a man. The MOY, while answerable to the Elders, is accountable to the Senior Minister on a day-to-day basis and under his direction and supervision. Interested parties may request a full job description by sending an email request to email@example.com. Please no resumes with initial request.
Sherman Church of Christ Dry Ridge, Kentucky Children's / Part Time
1055 Sherman Mt. Zion Rd :: Dry Ridge, Kentucky 41035
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Tim Seevers
- Phone: 859-428-1661
- Fax: 859-428-1441
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Sherman Church of Christ Website
The children's ministry position is a part-time position looking to become a full time position within a year. The children's minister will be responsible for children (toddler through middle school) age.
First Christian Church Martins Ferry, Ohio Miscellaneous / Full Time
710 S Zane Hwy :: Martins Ferry, Ohio 43935-2073
- Rod Kasler
- Phone: 740-633-3615
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: First Christian Church Website
The elders of the First Christian Church of Martins Ferry, Ohio, are asking for a young man or a young couple, interested in a Missionary Ministry, to pray about the possibility of their going to Arad, Romania, to serve the only known Christian Church/Church of Christ in the entire country. This Church is in need of a spiritual leader with an energetic vision for the Lord’s work there. The Church is already established in a large city of 198,000 people. This mission is almost fully funded and is in need of a leader as soon as possible. The Church building is clear of any debt and also has a van to service the church. There is a translator and song leader already in place.
A newly, built house located in Ghioroc, Romania, belongs to this mission as well. It will serve as your home while in Romania. It is located about 25 minutes from the Church, in a town of 4,065 people. Because of its size, it has many opportunities for ministry. This house is almost free of debt as well. With the house comes another vehicle for you to use as you see fit. The house is ready for occupancy.
Isaiah 6:8 says: “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who
will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I, Send me!”
If you hear the Lord calling and have questions, please e-mail Rod Kasler @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 1-740-633-3615 and ask for Rod Kasler.
Colonial Heights Christian Church Kingsport, Tennessee Children's / Full Time
105 Meadow Lane :: Kingsport, Tennessee 37663
Average Weekly Attendance: 425
- Phil Roberts
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Colonial Heights Christian Church Website
We're seeking an amazing Children's Minister at Colonial Heights Christian Church in Kingsport, Tennessee (the Tri-Cities area in northeast Tennessee) who is qualified and ready to be a great fit on a great leadership team that will shepherd, love and lead our children and children's ministry volunteers. Anyone interested should a) check out the job description below, b) send in a brief cover letter and a great-looking resume, c) await timely confirmation that we've received it, and d) allow us a little time to look over your material and decide based on what we see if we'd like to pursue a longer conversation with you.
Here's the job description:
Children’s Minister Job Description
Colonial Heights Christian Church—(April 10, 2013)
To connect the children, children’s ministry volunteers and families of Colonial Heights Christian Church—and the unchurched—with Christ, His Word, His Family.
The candidate must possess:
• a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college;
• a commitment to Restoration movement principles and the Christian church’s doctrine and practices
• recent experience and/or education in children’s ministry;
• giftedness and enthusiasm in working with children and their families and children’s volunteers;
• desire/ability to shepherd children into salvation, spiritual maturity and a lifetime of ministry
• the ability to communicate well and maturely via social media, e-mail, phone and in person;
• integrity, and an ongoing commitment to personal spiritual growth
• a positive spirit and team mentality;
• an obvious love for the Lord, His Word, and people.
Reports directly to the senior minister, with input and mentoring from the elders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Goals/Programs: Work with church leaders and volunteers to a) establish outcome goals for individuals and the children’s ministry, and then b) design weekly programming to achieve those outcomes (nursery, classes/worship, Wednesday evening), and c) execute the plan with excellence
- Special Events: Coordinate and execute special events, retreats, camps and mission trips that introduce children to salvation, spiritual maturity and/or a lifetime of Christian service/missions
- Leadership Development: Identify, recruit, train and utilize a) members of the church to be children’s ministry volunteers/leaders and b) older children/youth to be student leaders, building a strong sense of community, service/mission, and leadership as the culture of our children’s ministry
- Outreach & Ministry: Develop outreach strategies and events that connect unchurched children and families to CHCC, and which allow children in the ministry to invite others
- Relationships: Build strong and appropriate personal relationships with children and volunteers in both the church and community, shepherding children through decisions for Christ and crises, and providing or outsourcing Christian counseling as needed
- Administration: Demonstrate organization, preparation, communication and accountability in the areas of planning, budget, curriculum, communication/advertising, monthly reports and newsletter articles
- Staff roles: Fulfill as-needed duties of a ministerial staff member, in and out of the children’s ministry, such as: preaching and teaching opportunities, weddings or funerals, hospital visitation, evangelistic visitation, church camp/VBS, community events, Bible Bowl
Criteria for Performance Evaluation
Performance will be measured by an annual review which evaluates: the manner in which yearly goals were achieved; the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities listed in this job description; the quality of relationships with staff, church leaders, church members, guests and the community as a whole.
Subjective issues will be evaluated by answering the following question: Are the children and volunteers of CHCC growing in numbers, decisions, spiritual maturity, and commitment to ministry?
FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH CEREDO, West Virginia Preaching / Part Time
600 C STREET :: CEREDO, West Virginia 25507
Average Weekly Attendance: 25
- KATHY SUE SPENCE
- Phone: 304-429-4169
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH Website
Our congregation is seeking a part-time pastor who will be responsible for leading the Sunday morning worship service and special worship hours (such as Christmas Eve, Maunday Thursday, etc.) He will also be responsible for visiting church members who are inpatients in the local hospitals, contacting prospective members to encourage church growth, visiting members who reside in nursing homes or are homebound(at least quarterly), perform weddings and funerals of church members if requested, and meet quarterly with the Official Board of the church.
Please E-mail resume's to email@example.com
Central Christian Church Rockford, Illinois Youth / Full Time
6595 Guilfoed Road :: Rockford, Illinois 61107
Average Weekly Attendance: 360
- Tom Bailey
- Phone: 815-522-4447
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Central Christian Church Website
The Youth/Family Minister is responsible for all aspects of the youth/family ministries related to 5th, 6th, Junior High, Senior High, and College age students. He will work to help the youth grow into a saving faith in Jesus Christ and on into spiritual maturity and at the same time, strengthen families and equip parents to be more effective in their work. We believe a truly Biblical model of ministry is inter-generational. He must be able to recruit and train adults to help accomplish this ministry, and humbly work with the elders and other ministers in building up the body of Christ as a whole.
Valley Christian Church Bullhead City, Arizona Youth / Full Time
1706 North Oatman Road :: Bullhead City, Arizona 86442
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Malcam Moberly
- Phone: 928-758-2699
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Valley Christian Church Website
We are seeking a motivated Christian man, who is willing to learn from us, to serve as a minister to youth/music, with the main focus on youth.
Capital City Christian Church Tallahassee, Florida Youth / Full Time
6115 Mahan Drive :: Tallahassee, Florida 32308
Average Weekly Attendance: 260
- Allen Gonzalez
- Phone: 850-877-7315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: Capital City Christian Church Website
Full time Student Minister position will be directly responsible for both middle school and high school student ministries. This student minister position will also oversee an part time children's director position. please email resume with references to the above email contact. detailed job description available upon request. Salary package is competitive and will be available upon interview. please visit our website at www.capitalcitychristianchurch.org to learn more about us.
Bethany Church of Christ Kettering, Ohio Youth / Part Time
2755 East Stroop Road :: Kettering, Ohio 45440
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Damon Reid
- Phone: 937-299-1730
- Fax: 937-293-9842
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Bethany Church of Christ Website
We desire to add a student minister to the ministry team at Bethany Church of Christ. This is a part time position. We are looking for a committed disciple of Jesus, with a servant’s heart and a Christ-like spirit who is able to work with teens and increase their desire for God. Individuals trained for ministry but currently employed in another field will be considered. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hazelwood Christian Church Clayton, Indiana Children's / Full Time
9947 South CR 0 :: Clayton, Indiana 46118
Average Weekly Attendance: 750
- Keith Parker
- Phone: 317-539-6157
- Fax: 317-539-5076
- Email: email@example.com
- Church Website: Hazelwood Christian Church Website
A healthy, growing congregation of about 750 in rural Indiana is seeking a full-time Children's Minister to oversee the ministry to children up through 5th grade. Hazelwood is located in a small town about 20 minutes west of Indianapolis, Indiana, and has a strong, active, established ministry in the community. The Children's Minister would join a team that includes a Senior Minister, Discipleship Minister, Youth Minister, and Worship Minister. The Children's Minister should have a strong biblical background, a clear vision for ministering to children of all ages, a dynamic personality, and strong administrative skills. Those interested can apply by sending a resume and a philosophy of ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Kalamazoo Christian Church 454 S. Drake Road, Michigan Worship / Full Time
454 S. Drake Road :: 454 S. Drake Road, Michigan 49009
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Jason Sleight
- Phone: 269-375-2202
- Fax: 269-492-6675
- Email: Jason.email@example.com
- Church Website: West Kalamazoo Christian Church Website
Seeking applicant who loves Jesus and has a passion for ministry. Responsibilities include: preparation and execution of Sunday morning worship services that are biblically accurate and culturally relevant; recruitment and training of personnel needed to operate and expand the ministry; develop Media components and their creative, effective use in worship, including sound, lighting, PowerPoint and video. If interested in the position, please provide us with a resume and audio/visual sample (or web link). Salary is negotiable and includes health insurance.