- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Poplar Ridge Christian Church Piney Flats, Tennessee Youth / Full Time
206 Poplar Ridge Church Road :: Piney Flats, Tennessee 37686
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Evan Wolfe
- Phone: (423) 213-2718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poplar Ridge Christian Church, TN is seeking a full time youth minister. Poplar Ridge is a church of 350 with a youth group of approximately 25 students ranging in age from junior high to high school. Applicants should have a desire to work with junior high and high school students while partnering with families for a holistic approach to discipleship. The individual in this position is expected to oversee the Wednesday night and Sunday night youth programs, and to make efforts to work with local schools. Having the attitude of a team player is essential for working with our church staff and leading the youth ministry volunteers. Organizational and planning skills are a must. Those interested should send a resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Marion Christian Church Manning, South Carolina Preaching / Full Time
1474 Lake Shore Dr :: Manning, South Carolina 29102
Average Weekly Attendance: 20
- Johnny Radcliffe
- Phone: 803-478-7871
- Email: eradd@ftc-I.net
The Grove Church Marysville, Washington Miscellaneous / Full Time
4705 Grove St :: Marysville, Washington 98270
Average Weekly Attendance: 800
- Ryan Loffer
- Phone: 360-659-2276
- Email: email@example.com
New Testament Church of Christ Hagerstown, Indiana Youth / Full Time
752 W Main St :: Hagerstown, Indiana 47346
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Paul Gearhardt
- Phone: 765-489-5762
- Fax: 765-489-3514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promote and equip parents/families with the ideas and resources for family based discipleship.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Organize, Train, and oversee youth and adult Sunday School from 6th grade thru adult age.
- Recruit train, and development volunteers for youth ministry.
- Work with all Jr. and Sr. High sponsors in attending, planning and execute all weekly educational programs and special events.
- Develop a presence in the local schools by attending extra circular actives of the students at school and in the community and develop relationships with administration, staff, and students.
- Guide the monthly All Pro Dad meetings.
- Collaborate with Children’s Director in the planning and participate in special events. (example VBS)
- Preach and perform weddings, pre marital counseling, and funerals as needed.
- Participate in hospital and home visitation of youth and families as needed.
- Music skills a plus but optional for the job.
Louisville Christian Church Louisville, Ohio Children's / Part Time
1800 S. Chapel St. :: Louisville, Ohio 44641
Average Weekly Attendance: 235
- Rick Brown
- Phone: 330-875-4155
- Email: email@example.com
This position will be part-time (estimated at 20 hours per week). The Children’s Ministry Director will work and consult with our Youth Minister as part of our over-all youth program. The Director will be directly responsible to the Elders and Ministers, and will provide monthly reports to the Board. Job Description is available upon request.
Bedford Acres Christian Church Paris, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
5414 Lexington Road :: Paris, Kentucky 40361
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Bruce McDonald
- Phone: 859-707-0540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bedford Acres Christian Church is searching for a person to undertake the challenge of leading our student ministry which focuses on grades 6 – 12.
Our ideal candidate will have a vibrant relationship with God in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. Their life will evidence passion for Christ, godly character, spiritual leadership, competency and capacity for establishing and maintaining healthy relationships.
Responsibilities in this role include oversight of volunteers, equipping leaders to support ministry activities, develop plans and budgets, and collaborate with Ministry and Leadership Team members. Direct report will be to the Senior Pastor.
Union Church Of Christ Hillsboro,, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
3021 Taylorsville Rd. :: Hillsboro,, Ohio 45133
Average Weekly Attendance: 115
- Glenn Hess
- Phone: 937-763-2455
- Fax: 937-763-2455
- Email: email@example.com
Country church with parsonage. Good mix of young families and mission minded.
Dry Run Church of Christ West Portsmouth, Ohio Youth / Full Time
22336 St Rt 73 :: West Portsmouth, Ohio 45663
Average Weekly Attendance: 240
- Susan Vanderpool
- Phone: 740-858-5516
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed job description available upon request. Submit resume and at least three references to the email listed in contact information.
Weston Church of Christ Weston, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
13355 Center Street P.O. Box 344 :: Weston, Ohio 43569
Average Weekly Attendance: 65
- Edward Tolles/John McKenzie
- Phone: 419-669-3895
- Email: email@example.com
The Weston Church of Christ is seeking the man God has chosen to fill the full time position of preaching minister because of the retirement of our current preaching minister.
We are a community church looking for a candidate who can help lead the congregation as well as reach the lost.
We offer a parsonage and salary that can be negotiated.
Footville Church of Christ Footville, Wisconsin Associate / Full Time
P.O. Box 157 117 Church Street :: Footville, Wisconsin 53537
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- John Thomson
- Phone: 6084664710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Footville Church of Christ is seeking an energetic individual with a strong desire to relevantly show the love of God to youth and their families in Footville and the surrounding area. The person to fill this position will:
• Encourage, inspire, and nurture young people and their families in the Christian faith.
• Reach out to youth and their families through a well-planned, integrated and balanced program of social, service, study, relational, spiritual, and special activities that promote a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and involvement in the church.
• Develop and maintain nurturing and personal relationships with the youth, their families, and the congregation
• Coordinate youth activities, trips, and events for junior and senior high school groups, grade school age children, and other groups as they relate to the ministry emphasis.
Preferred qualifications are Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in Youth & Family Ministry) or experience in youth and/or family ministry. We will also consider students who are in their senior year of college who will complete their degree by summer of 2015.
Good verbal and written communication skills, an ability to recruit, train and work with volunteers, and good organizational skills are important. This person will serve in other areas of ministry as needed to fulfill their ministry and the ministry of the church.
Send resume highlighting experience, qualifications, and philosophy of ministry pertaining to youth and family ministry, with a minimum of 3 references to:
Footville Church of Christ
Attention Search Team
P.O. Box 157
117 Church Street
Footville, WI 53537
It can also be emailed to email@example.com and if you have questions about the position you can call the church office and speak to Preaching Minister John Thomson at 608-466-4710
Delta Christian Church Delta, Colorado Worship / Full Time
795 1600 rd :: Delta, Colorado 81416
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Phone: 970-497-9898
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delta Christian Church, a 100 year-old, multi-generational, growing (ave. 300/wk), nondenominational and Independent Christian church, is seeking a Worship Pastor familiar with the Orange Philosophy. Worship Pastor must be willing to lead two services (contemporary) on Sunday mornings and to help develop a worship team for children and youth among other duties. Delta is a community of 8,500 in Western Colorado. The vision of DCC emphasizes ministry to children and youth. Salary based on education and experience $33K to $42K. Send letter of introduction with contact information and Resume to email@example.com
Pleasant Valley Church of Christ Wallingford, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
176876 :: Wallingford, Kentucky 41093
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Kevin Watson
- Phone: 606-796-6893
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are searching for a full time minister visiting is a must.
Orrville Christian Church ORRVILLE, Ohio Internship / Full Time
925 N Elm St :: ORRVILLE, Ohio 44667
Average Weekly Attendance: 500
- John Pape
- Phone: 330-682-3686
- Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a full time youth ministry intern for a 6 month period. Our youth ministry covers grades 5-12. Responsibilities include working with volunteers, planning events, and teaching lessons. To see more information on our church, visit our website at www.orrvillechristian.org. If interested, please contact John Pape by phone at 330-682-3686 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Element Church Cheyenne, Wyoming Youth / Full Time
600 E. Carlson Ste. 201 :: Cheyenne, Wyoming 82009
Average Weekly Attendance: 1200
- Derek Mowery
- Phone: 307-635-1316
- Email: email@example.com
Student Ministry Pastor: We are in search of a leader for our Student Ministry who has a heart to serve the community you call home. The right candidate for this job will be charged with leading our entire student ministry with the help of two full-time directors ( one for children's & one for youth). We are seeking a dynamic communicator who is able to lead groups of leaders to accomplish the mission and vision of Element Church in Cheyenne, WY. Keep reading if you are interested.
Job Title: Student Ministry Pastor
Supervisor Title: Executive Pastor
Job Class / Level: Level 2 Salary
Date Prepared/Revised: July 28, 2014
Our mission is to help people experience LIFE to its fullest in Christ!
Jesus says in:
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost."
For us, this requires that we reach more people for Jesus and raise them up to be like Jesus.
Pastor Jeff puts it this way: “As a church, we are not here to coddle the already convinced or to cater to the consistently comfortable; we are here to help convert those who are yet to believe and challenge the stinkin’ heck out of those of us who already do.”
Our vision is to be a movement of churches having such an IMPACT that if we were gone our communities would miss us.
Wyoming is the 9th largest unchurched state in America and we believe God wants us to be a part of changing that.
So, as a staff member of Element Church, if we are to lead a movement where LIFE begins to IMPACT the state, our number one job duty is being willing to do whatever it takes to reach more people for Jesus and raise them to be like Jesus!
This job demands sacrifice, commitment, determination, and courage; but it will deliver, joy, satisfaction, fulfillment and reward!
If this is something you think you could be a part of, continue reading.
These are the commitments we expect of all staff employees at Element Church.
1. We value the importance of building up and not tearing down. Therefore, I will speak positively about Element Church, other churches and those who attend them. (John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:3; Colossians 3:14-15; Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Thes. 5:9-11)
2. We value the Biblical practice of conflict resolution. Therefore, if I have a complaint or disagree with something in the church, I will go to that person involved or the leadership of the church and not to those around me. (Matt. 5:21-26; Ephesians 4:25-27)
3. We value the regular gathering of believers in the local church for worship. Therefore, I will lead by example and attend Element Church every Sunday I am available. (If you are a salaried staff person you are expected to be there EVERY Sunday outside of paid vacation or other excused absences by the Lead Pastor.) (Hebrews 10:23-24)
4. We value the importance of not being a stumbling block to those around us who may be watching. Therefore, we will abstain from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and pre-marital or extra-marital sexual activity, and any illegal substance. I will abstain from the use of foul language. I will also be modest in dress, appearance and entertainment choices. (Romans 14:14-23; 1 Timothy 3:1-10)
5. We value the blessing of following the biblical principle of tithing. Therefore, I will give the 10% God has asked me to give to my Element Church and anything above as my offering. (Malachi 3:8-11; Matthew 23:23-24)
6. We value the place of God’s Spirit in our daily lives. Therefore, I will spend quality personal time with God each day through the reading of the Bible and through prayer. (Psalm 119:9-11; Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16; Luke 18:1; Luke 21:36; Ephesians 6:18; Colossians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Staff Core Values
Obedience is our success: Our success will not be determined by outcome but by our obedience to God.
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by setting the standard high in our spiritual lives (both public and private) and by living within accountability. We want to be above reproach.
• We will intentionally keep on the forefront; it’s not about meeting all our goals but about staying faithful to our God.
• We will make ourselves vulnerable by taking risks based on the voice of God.
If Only for the ONE: We do what we do for the glory of HIM alone and to reach out to THEM alone.
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by shining a floodlight on God; always pointing EVERYTHING we do to the ONE we do it for.
• We will purposely allocate more resources to reaching the lost than we do to comforting the found.
• We will be intentional about seeing EACH person we meet as the ONLY person to serve. Each staff member should be investing and speaking into the life of at least one person to help lead them TO Christ or grow them IN Christ.
Lead the way in Generosity: We serve a radically generous God so we will be radically generous people.
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by not only being committed to the tithe, but also being sacrificial in our giving to the church. If we want people to bleed then we need to hemorrhage.
• We will look for ways to bless other people with our time, talents and treasure, being both joyful and sacrificial in our generosity.
• We will take seriously the responsibility of stewarding God’s resources in a way that glorifies Him and positions our church to be generous.
A Place to call Home: We will love people for who they are so we can lead them to where they need to be.
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by treating each person the same regardless of their appearance, background or belief system.
• We will put our own families first, being the best spouse, father, mother, and leader we can be, so we can lead others to do the same.
• We will defend each other on staff and each person in our church as if they are a part of our own family. Family comes first, and we will fight the enemy WITH our family and fight FOR our family!
It Matters… : No matter what you do IN the church
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by never being above any responsibility in the church, always willing to be servant leaders; so as to model Christ centered leadership. We will not ask a volunteer to do, what we ourselves aren’t willing to do.
• We will be FOR other ministries in the church (i.e. their budget, building use, platform time, leaders, etc.), believing that the overall mission and vision is greater than any one ministry in it.
• We will constantly be encouraging and affirming to our volunteers, reminding them that what they do matters! We will help them see how their service connects to the mission of the church.
Honor in all things: We will honor God and honor people with everything we do.
• As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by being on time, prepared, and ready for every meeting, event, appointment or worship service to show that we honor people’s time.
• We will seek excellence in everything we do, understanding that God gave His best to us, so He deserves our best in return.
• We will work hard to stay in shape physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially and relationally so we can give God and His people our best!
• Ministry degree (Bachelors or higher) from a four-year college.
• Previous experience as a Student Ministry, Youth, or Children’s pastor is preferred.
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Must be willing to abide by our employee code of conduct and personal standards for living.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
• Primary spiritual leader for Element Student Ministries (birth through 12th grade)
• Seek God’s vision for Element Student Ministries and effectively communicate that vision to staff, leaders, students, and families. Be the champion of the vision.
• Oversee and work closely with full-time E:kidz Director and Youth Director to create comprehensive short term and long-term ministry goals.
• Cultivate an environment where new students of all ages come to faith in Jesus and existing students are developed as followers of Jesus.
• Assist the Youth Director with recruiting, developing, and organizing a worship team for Wednesday student gatherings.
• Prepare for, and effectively teach students on Wednesday Nights using a combination of self-prepared sermons and or pre-prepared curriculum resources.
• Establish a multi-year teaching plan and education philosophy for all ages.
• Prepare and equip small group leaders to effectively minister to their designated groups of students.
• Lead the way, along with small group leaders, in connecting with students outside of Wednesday gathering at various school and sporting events where possible.
• Initiate and sustain communication with parents of students of all ages.
• Equip the volunteer team with the tools necessary to accomplish department goals.
• Continually train volunteer leaders on effectively reaching and ministering to students.
• Continually evaluate leaders to determine their effectiveness and course of action.
• Recruit new members to the Student Ministry leadership team to grow the ministry.
• Screen and place new leaders into their most effective positions.
• Identify areas of the ministry that can be run and developed by volunteer leaders.
• Equip and release leaders to do those ministry functions.
• Cultivate an environment where students can serve in Element Church ministries.
• Cultivate an environment where students are encouraged to participate in Sunday services as well as be actively involved serving the church on Sundays.
• Create large platforms for students to build relationships with other students, other leaders, and the Lord.
• Identify successful forms of community and weed out unsuccessful forms of community.
• Enable leaders to create smaller community platforms outside of Wednesday youth gatherings.
• Create environments where Students are being developed into the image of Christ both here and outside the walls of the church.
• Lead and supervise E:kidz operations, director, and service coordinators.
• Connecting with students and their families that are a part of Fusion Student Ministries (current youth ministry for 6-12th grade).
• Seek out students who are attending Sunday Morning and have yet to attend on Wednesday Night Fusion.
• Seek out possible adult volunteers for Element Student Ministries.
• Strategize about ways to connect with students on Sunday through worship or serving.
• Conduct weddings and funerals as needed, providing appropriate preparation and support.
• Assisting as needed with preaching at the request of the Lead Pastor.
• Attend all required staff meetings.
• Compassionately care for your staff, volunteer team, and students during significant life events.
• Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
• Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of Element Church.
• Be loyal to the vision and staff of Element Church and always protect the unity of the church.
• Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Element Church.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying please attach a video of you speaking or communicating.
What we believe
We believe the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
We believe in one God who is creator of all things. He exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit, and these three are of equal dignity and power.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man; His miraculous conception; virgin birth; sinless life; substitutionary death on the cross; resurrection of His body; ascension to the right hand of God the Father; and His imminent return.
We believe in the Holy Spirit as proceeding from and is one Being with the Father and the Son who: convicts the world of sin; leads men to the Gospel and into fellowship with God; He comforts, encourages, sustains, empowers, sanctifies and guides each believer into all truth.
We believe that man was created BY and made FOR God; that through Adams initial disobedience man has inherited a sinful nature that leads to acts of disobedience. These acts result in spiritual death as a consequence; and that, because of this separation, man is in need of divine intervention and salvation.
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial and substitutionary death and are, therefore, in right relationship with God.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who indwells all believers thus enabling and empowering them to live their new life in Christ. That God is able and does fill entirely the heart of the believer who seeks the fullness of His Holy Spirit. This deeper work of grace called entire sanctification, is conditioned upon full surrender and faith. It involves both a cleansing of the Christian’s heart from the inherited inclination to sin and the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It results in a new power to love God with our whole heart and our neighbors as ourselves.
We believe that good works themselves do not save us, but are the necessary fruits of the new birth and therefore serve as evidence that we are converted just as a tree is discerned by its fruit. That the believer is secure in Christ as long as obedience and faith are maintained. It is possible to depart from grace and fall into sin, and if one remains in this state, to be finally lost. However, by the grace of God and through repentance and faith, the backslider can be restored to righteousness and true holiness.
We believe that prayer is the lifeline between man and God. Prayer sustains everything we do; it unifies our minds with the Father, reveals the will of the Son and strengthens our inner soul through the work of the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the sacrament of water baptism for those who come to know Christ and intend to follow Him.
We believe in the sacrament of Holy Communion (Lord’s Supper) as directed by Christ. We do not require membership for communion but to hold to the Scriptural teaching that one who partakes is to believe in Jesus as Savior and intend to follow Him.
We believe in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, an everlasting blessedness and reward in Heaven for those who have received forgiveness and continue in a right relationship with God, and an everlasting punishment in Hell for those who have rejected God’s forgiveness or cease to walk in relationship with Him.
Woodlawn Christian Church Campbellsville, Kentucky Children's /
831 West Main Street :: Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Average Weekly Attendance: 195
- L.A. "Fella" Wilson
- Phone: 270-465-8805
- Email: email@example.com
Woodlawn Christian Church in Campbellsville, KY is currently seeking a