- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Journey Christian Church Shepherdsville, Kentucky Associate / Full Time
P.O Box 1568 :: Shepherdsville, Kentucky 40165
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Jeremy Willis
- Phone: 502-821-3748
- Email: email@example.com
Associate Minister of Family and Youth Development
Location: Journey Christian Church, 416 North Buckman Street, Shepherdsville, Ky. 40165
Contact Information: 502-492-5293; firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Flexible, but between 20-30 hours per week plus nightly/weekend activities.
Journey Christian Church is seeking an individual who can assist with the leadership of a growing church family of approximately 200. The position should excite, educate and engage children and parents, helping the entire family connect to Jesus Christ.The associate minister would:
Be the primary leader for Journey Kids, a program that includes (currently) between 60-80 children weekly (ages newborn through elementary school), including scheduling content, recruiting and managing volunteers, counseling and teaching children, purchasing additional needs/materials, etc.
Be the primary contact for the Journey Youth program, a group of (currently) 15-25 middle and high school students, including scheduling content/activities for them, recruiting and managing volunteers, counseling and teaching students, etc.
Assist Lead Minister with developing themes and programming for families.
Work with Journey Management Committee to fill in when Lead Minister is away.
Journey Christian Church is an independent Christian church that was founded as a church plant in Oct. 10, 2010 by a group that included Salt River Men’s Fellowship and Men for Christ. The church began meeting in library before moving to Shepherdsville Elementary School. In December 2013, the church began meeting in its current location. The church demographic includes a large amount of young families typically ranging between 25-40 years of age with at least one child.
It is a modern independent church with a focus on community. To learn more, please visit www.journeyshepherdsville.com.
Optimal candidate must have the ability to lead others, work with children, multitask, recruit volunteers, develop programming for children and families, and so on. Strong candidates will also have experience working in a church environment.
Candidates must also have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work with others, including the Lead Minister, Management Committee, as well as the volunteers who have agreed to work with him or her.
Highland Christian Church Maysville, Kentucky Youth / Part Time
4033 KY HWY 10 :: Maysville, Kentucky 41056
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Ben Stroup
- Phone: 6063011731
- Email: email@example.com
We had previously posted two separate positions, a worship minister and a youth minister, but we are also considering one person for both jobs. This would be perfect for a student who is capable of leading worship (Contemporary) but also has a heart for students, or a married couple who would work together.
The position is part time, mainly consisting of weekend responsibilities, but could quickly turn into full time in the right situation.
Pay is competitive and includes a 2bed/2bath parsonage.
Please send all relevant material by email, don't miss this great opportunity to minister!
Wilmington Church of Christ Wilmington, Ohio Associate / Full Time
909 West Locust Street :: Wilmington, Ohio 45177
Average Weekly Attendance: 500
- Dale McCamish
- Phone: 937-382-0904
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister of Discipleship
The role of the Minister of Discipleship is focused in the following areas....
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1- Small Groups
• Create and oversee a leader development concept that helps “test-drive” small groups. Hosts become leaders over time. This will include:
o Communication Strategies
o On-site, decentralized and web-based leader development opportunities
• Recruit and develop a team of small group leaders sufficient to care for the number of groups.
• Work with the Senior Minister and staff to develop the church-wide strategies surrounding small group life. This includes:
o Annual and semi-annual church-wide campaigns and registrations
o Connection events
o Connecting new ideas to our already formed process that help people connect to small group life.
• Design, implement and manage strategies that make it easy to join a group. This includes:
o Website content and groupfinder capability
o Periodic church-wide emails with easy-to-use click-to-join opportunities
o A lobby presence designed to make it easy to get information
• Evaluate and suggest curriculum for adult small group leaders use.
• Develop a small group curriculum based on the Sunday messages.
• Help assimilate church attenders and members into a group or Sunday School
• Establish key “health” measures of our Small Groups that provide the staff/elders and church with ongoing visibility of functional areas of effectiveness.
2- Adult Christian Education
• Plan and coordinate training for Sunday School teachers.
• Evaluate and suggest curriculum adult Sunday School teachers use.
• Help assimilate church visitors into a group or Sunday School
• Establish key “health” measures of our Sunday Schools that provide the staff/elders and church with ongoing visibility of functional areas of effectiveness.
3- Flock System
• Oversee the development of the Flock ministry system.
o Work with the Elders to ensure they are overseeing their flock system.
o Work with the Senior Minister and staff to make the Flock system as complementary to small groups so “no member is left behind”.
o Grow the small groups system to replace the Flock system.
o Develop and monitor the performance of Elders over flock ministry leaders.
o Track the performance of the Flock system and make changes as appropriate.
• Reports to Senior Minister; ultimately responsible to the elders
• If appropriate, fill in for Sunday Worship Preaching
Arlington Christian Church Arlington, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
2341 N. 700W :: Arlington, Indiana 46104
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Marvin Beckner
- Phone: 765-663-2366
- Email: email@example.com
Our present Minister will be leaving 4-27-14
First Christian Church of Hobbs Hobbs, New Mexico Preaching / Full Time
305 W. Alston St. :: Hobbs, New Mexico 88240
Average Weekly Attendance: 50
- Steve Henry
- Phone: 575-631-6776
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The First Christian Church of Hobbs, NM is seeking applicants for the full time position of Preaching Minister/Evangelist to minister to a community of 43,000 in population. A Bible College graduate from a Christian Church/Churches of Christ background in the Restoration Movement is required. The candidate for this position must believe in the infallible Word of God and be able to preach and teach from the Bible. FCC of Hobbs is a debt free congregation with a sanctuary that will seat 400 and 10 classrooms surrounding a courtyard making a very secure environment for children's ministries. The City of Hobbs is in the midst of a growing economy surrounded by oil fields making this a prime area for evangelism and church growth. Offering a blended worship service to meet the needs of all ages, a person with a vision for ministry to families is desired. A reasonable salary package, depending upon experience is negotiable. Interested parties should send a resume' with references, and a sermon on CD or DVD the following contact.
Church of Christ @ Hagerstown Hagerstown, Maryland Youth / Full Time
10014 White Hall Rd :: Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Caleb Hill
- Phone: 301-573-5044
- Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a point leader and strategic overseer of the children's and student’s ministry. This
person will equip and lead our church in relation to all church programs and activities that involve our
children and students.
Responsibilities Include the following:
- Evaluate our current programs, providing suggestions to improve our programs and
implementing the programs. This would include programs such as Vacation Bible School,
Fall Festival, Children’s Christmas Program, etc.
- Developing and coordinate all activities for our children and students.
- Provide leadership and oversee Children’s Church (with the assistance of current and future
volunteers) during main worship hour.
- Preaching at least one Sunday a quarter.
- Coordinate youth participation on family Sunday.
- Plan and schedule activities (service and fun), which promote fellowship, outreach,
relationship building, service and spiritual growth, and include supporting camp programs.
- Work directly with church leadership to support, grow and develop our children and students
at Church of Christ Hagerstown.
- A spiritually mature man who reflects leadership character traits of 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Someone who loves God and loves kids. Someone who is passionate about helping
children, students, and their families grow in their relationship with God.
- A focus on reaching families through every aspect of the ministry.
- A highly effective, self-motivated leader who energizes and mobilizes others. (a "Principal"
more than a "classroom teacher")
- A person with an undergraduate degree with a concentration in Biblical studies along with
continuing training and development.
- Solid organizational skills for planning, budgeting, delegation, and meeting deadlines.
First Christian Church - Springfield Ohio Springfield, Ohio Worship / Full Time
3638 Middle Urbana Road :: Springfield, Ohio 45502
Average Weekly Attendance: 2300
- Bruce A. Ludlow
- Phone: 937-399-1000
- Fax: 937-399-1320
- Email: bruce@FCCLife.me
Bachelors Degree Required
To apply; mail a resume and a video of a worship service that you have led to Bruce Ludlow by 8:00 am Monday, April 28, 2014. FCC is seeking applicants with 3 years worship / creative arts ministry experience in venues over 500. Applicants need to demonstrate a proven ability to build, equip, and release worship / creative art teams in their resume.
The Director of Worship and Creative Arts will oversee all aspects of corporate worship services in the church. The Worship and Creative Arts Minister will lead and mentor a wide variety of musicians, vocalists, creative arts team volunteers. The Worship and Creative Arts Minister will serve as a Director who oversees the Celebrate Ministry of First Christian Church. This person’s direct supervisor is the Senior Minister.
The mission of the Director of Worship Ministry is to lead the church in worship through the use of scripture, music creative arts, dramatic arts, stage, lighting, set design and multi-media.
• Plan, Organize and Oversee all 3 Sunday Morning and all Saturday/Sunday night worship services.
• Develop and implement special musical and dramatic programs.
• Create and oversee a Creative Arts, Dramatic Arts, Video Production and worship Teams.
• Be a visionary leader who creatively engages the congregation with a wide variety of art forms and music.
• Bring a creative blend of art, light, music, drama, different styles of music to our weekly worship.
• Develop and oversee budget(s) for Worship and Creative Arts Ministries.
• Recruit, equip, encourage and provide pastoral care for all team members.
• Conduct rehearsals and monthly meetings as needed.
• Oversee application and interviews/auditions of new volunteers for Worship and Creative Ministries.
• Oversees all aspects of the worship services
o Oversee all worship services
o Schedules and previews all special music
o Coordinates all vocal and instrumental teams
o Coordinates with preaching minister and Production Team on all services
o Coordinates all special worship programs
o Coordinates with technical teams for lighting, sound, multimedia and other technical elements
• Oversees choir, vocal, instrumental, creative arts, dramatic arts, multimedia and staging groups
o Appoints team leaders to help lead each group.
o Meets regularly with team leaders about their role in upcoming worship experiences
• Meets with Production Team weekly to understand/design theme for upcoming worship experiences
• Develop and maintain several teams of vocalists and several teams of instrumentalists
• Develop and maintain dramatic arts teams
• Develop and maintain multimedia teams
• Develop and maintain creative arts teams
• Participates in regular ministerial duties such as hospital calling, staff meetings, pastoral care, etc.
• Attend weekly Director Meetings
• Before each Corporate Service be available to pastor and greet the congregation
• Other duties as assigned
First Christian Church of Belleville Belleville, Illinois Associate / Full Time
5929 Old St Louis Road :: Belleville, Illinois 62223
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Marsha Kostelac
- Phone: 618-233-5380
- Fax: 618-233-0392
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCCB is seeking an associate pastor to conduct community outreach, new member integration, oversee guest ministry, share in pastoral duties, teach, preach occasionally, and perform other duties as assigned. Desire is for candidates to be graduates of a Christian college or university and must have 3-5 years of
experience in related ministry. Candidate must have a good track record of working with a ministry team, a self-starter, and willing to take a new position and make it his own. E-mail or mail your resume by 3/31/14.
Haw Branch Church of Christ Chocowinity, North Carolina Youth / Full Time
1501 Haw Branch Road :: Chocowinity, North Carolina 27817
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Rod Gurganus
- Email: email@example.com
Haw Branch Church of Christ is currently seeking a youth minister. The church was established on October 6, 1887. We are currently in the planning and construction stages of a new 11,900 square foot family life center for multi-purpose events and activities that should be completed in 2014. We are the home of Unity Christian Academy, which was established in 2010 and currently has a total enrollment of 58 children. UCA is focused on graduating Authentic Christian Leaders.
Haw Branch Church of Christ is centrally located in eastern North Carolina in Chocowinity. The Church is located in an area that offers great fishing, hunting, boating and shopping. Chocowinity is located within 30 miles from a major university and about 75 miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
Please visit our website at www.hawbranchchurch.com to learn more about our history and how we are loving God, loving others and serving both.
Resumes can be emailed to Rod Gurganus, Youth Minister Search Committee Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Haw Branch Church of Christ, Attn: Youth Minister Committee, 1501 Haw Branch Road, Chocowinity, NC 27817.
Stronghurst Christian Church Stronghurst, Illinois Associate / Full Time
Box 306 :: Stronghurst, Illinois 61480
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Steve Minkler
- Phone: 309-924-1800
- Email: email@example.com
FT Youth/Family Minister desired to develop a vital ministry serving the families in our congregation and community. We prefer a married man with personal life experience that is in his 30’s. We also prefer a servant with 5-10 years of proven ministry experience. Must possess a college degree from one of the independent Christian Church supported Bible Colleges (advanced degree not required). Candidate must be a man of God with a passion for developing children, youth and families into people who honor God. He must be able to work with parents to develop effective strategies of discipleship for their children. He must be Biblically sound in the faith and the Word of God. Candidate must be effective in recruitment and training volunteers who are gifted and willing to serve. Candidate must be a lifetime learner of God’s Word and people in general. He must be able to partner with the Senior Minister in reaching the lost. And he must be able to be a team player, innovative, creative, self-starting, able to connect with kids and parents. Musical abilities are a plus. Occasionally the candidate would have the opportunity to preach. A complete job description is available upon request. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and education. All candidates must submit a resume which includes the following: Education and experience working with Youth and Families, Marital Status and children’s ages (if applicable), Employment records (including dates) and contact person(s), Statement of Faith, Philosophy of the Ministry. List four personal references and contact information, and your contact information. All documentation may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or via postal mail to Stronghurst Christian Church, P.O. Box 306, Stronghurst, Il. 61480 to the attention of Youth/Family Life Minister Search Committee. If you have further questions, you may contact Steve Minkler, Senior Minister, at 309-333-1791.
Spartanburg Christian Church Lynn, Indiana Youth / Full Time
6714 E 700 E :: Lynn, Indiana 47355
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Brian Richmond
- Phone: 765-960-5296
- Email: email@example.com
Spartanburg Christian Church is searching for a full-time Director of Youth and Families to work with Preschool-HS students and their families. This will be a new position for this church body and the possibilities are exciting. We are looking for someone who is passionate about families, kids, and The Word. Since this is a new position, the person will need to be a self-starter and will build on what we have accomplished the past 2 years. Some knowledge of the Orange Strategy or the willingness to be trained in it will be a must.
We are a little rural church with a big heart for our community and growing. We have Sunday morning developed but have a huge hole in the teen ministry area. This will need to be developed from top to bottom. We are located out in the country but believe that where Christ is preached: lives are changed and families are strengthened. Bottom line: we want the most dynamic and life changing family’s ministry in our surrounding area.
Email Brian Richmond (firstname.lastname@example.org) a resume and to receive a job description and application. We will also look at seniors graduating in 2014 and may offer a weekend ministry until graduation.
Watermarke Church Bellefonte, Pennsylvania Youth / Summer
210 E Howard Street :: Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Tim Yates
- Phone: 814-852-8243
- Email: email@example.com
We are looking for a summer internship in youth ministry, including planning and executing special activities, weekly meetings, etc. The internship is 8-10 weeks in length (negotiable) and driver's license a vehicle are required. There will be a youth mission trip during the summer (last week of July) to West Virginia. The cost of this trip will be covered by the church.
We will provide housing, $150/week and a Love Offering at the end of the summer. Please send a resume and expression of interest in the position to the provided email address.
Grace Community Church Sellersburg, Indiana Preaching / Part Time
124 South Indiana :: Sellersburg, Indiana 47172
Average Weekly Attendance: 50
- Aaron Striegel
- Phone: 5029746469
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Community Church is looking for the man God is calling as our next bi- vocational Pastor. Our community, Sellersburg, IN is eight miles from Louisville, KY. The church sets on the Main Street in town.
We’re a small, conservative Community church with the potential for growth. Pastoral candidates should agree with the inerrant Word of God. Strong preaching, personal skills and previous experience as a Pastor are essential qualities.
Please send a letter of introduction, resume, and references to the following e-mail;
Meadow View Church of Christ Frazeysburg, Ohio Youth / Full Time
P.O. Box 87 6750 Raiders Rd. :: Frazeysburg, Ohio 43822
Average Weekly Attendance: 240
- Sam Dunn
- Phone: 740-828-2536
- Fax: 740-828-3428
- Email: email@example.com
The Meadow View Church of Christ is seeking a motivated and committed person to fill the position of Associate Minister with the primary focus on coordinating all of our youth programs and activities. We are located in a small village in East Central Ohio and are looking for someone to grow with us as we have completed plans for a new multi-purpose building to be built in the very near future. Some duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Plans, organizes, coordinates and administers all aspects of the Youth Ministries at the Meadow View Church of Christ. 2. Prepares and timely submits an Annual Youth Program Budget request to the Elders for consideration and inclusion in the Annual Church Budget. 3. Given advanced notice, prepares and presents a sermon from the pulpit each quarter or when needed to cover the authorized absence of the Evangelist. 4. Keep constant communication with all church staff including but not limited to the Evangelist, Administrative Assistant, Pre School Director, Custodian, and all volunteers. 5. Attend weekly meetings with the Evangelist and/or church staff. 6. Help maintain the Audio/Video room and equipment and oversee the Audio/Video Team. 7. Be a part of a small group with the expectation of eventually leading a small group. 8. Participate in the Kids Hope USA mentoring program, which involves spending 1 hour a week with a child from the Frazeysburg Elementary School. 9. Assists the Evangelist with special programs, activities, and other ministries at the church, as needed. A complete job description is available on the church web site: www.meadowviewchurch.com We will be accepting resumes with at least three references through April 30th.
reFocus Church Follansbee, West Virginia Children's / Part Time
100 Church Avenue :: Follansbee, West Virginia 26037
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Dan Cooper
- Phone: 3045271081
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting ministry opportunity. Two well established churches in the same small town of Follansbee, WV have agreed to come together as 1 church at two locations. The NEW venture, ReFocus Church, is being built from the ground up, however, there are 200 existing Christ followers including an active Youth Group of 25-30 Jr/Sr High students already in place. Worship style is Blended but leans mostly contemporary. Ideally we would like to have a husband and wife team to grow the Youth & Children ministries.