- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
If you would like to submit a Ministry Opening you can fill out a form. Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following:
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298).
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Mount Auburn Christian Church Cape Girardeau, Missouri Preaching / Full Time
930 North Mount Auburn Road :: Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Ronald Nall
- Phone: 5733359264
Mount Auburn Christian Church in Cape Girardeau, MO is seeking a full time minister who will also serve as a leader for our student ministries. A candidate should have a Restoration background, have preaching experience, and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree. The minister will be responsible for leading the congregation with scriptural preaching and teaching, as well as perform the normal duties of a minister. He will work closely with the elders, while also recognizing their Biblical authority. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Mount Auburn Christian Church was established in Cape Girardeau in 1969. Over the past 27 years, we have had three ministers. We are an independent Christian Church, holding to the traditions of the Restoration Movement. Our worship service is a musically blended presentation, leaning towards contemporary. Our average attendance is 120. Our staff consists of a part time administrative assistant, a part time worship leader, a part time custodian, and two unpaid staff who serve as directors for the preschool and children’s programs.
Those interested in this position are encouraged to view our website at www.mtauburncc.org for information about the church, and also to familiarize themselves with the Cape Girardeau area.
Resumes and inquiries may be mailed to the church at the following address:
Mount Auburn Christian Church
Attn: Ronald Nall, Elder
930 North Mount Auburn Road
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- A sample sermon, CD or reference to a website should accompany an application.
Highland Church of Christ Robinson, Illinois Youth / Full Time
500 W. Highland Av. :: Robinson, Illinois 62454
Average Weekly Attendance: 650
- Search Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highland Church of Christ is an independent, instrumental Christian church of 650 located in the southeastern Illinois city of Robinson. Highland is a contemporary church in a rural area that has a track record of growth and outreach to both the surrounding county and the world. We are currently searching for a Student Minister to lead our ministry to 6th grade - college students.
Interested? Go to hccrobinson.com and click on "student minister search" under the "resources" tab. Take a look at the material, and if you're the kind of person we're looking for, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
GrandView Christian Church Canon City, Colorado Preaching / Full Time
3245 Grandview Avenue :: Canon City, Colorado 81212
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Allison Marshall - Office Manager
- Phone: 719-269-3930
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GrandView Christian Church in Canon City, CO would like to announce an opening for a new Lead Minister. Our community is located in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies, 30 minutes west of Pueblo and 45 minutes south west of Colorado Springs.
We are looking for a Godly man to join our leadership team to help guide our growing, dynamic congregation of 200+. Our church has doubled in size in the last 4 years and now we are poised and ready to continue that growth in an effort to reach our community with the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ. We are in need of an energetic, out-going, relationship driven individual who can marry a dynamic preaching style with strong administrative skills that will help us bring about Real Life Change in a town desperately in need of the Gospel. We currently have a full-time worship/connections pastor and full-time youth/children’s pastor on staff, as well as a part-time office manager and volunteer life groups coordinator.
Requirements include a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from Bible College or Seminary, 10+ years of full-time ministry experience (with at least 3+ years as a Lead Minister), a strong work ethic, the ability to manage and oversee staff, and a shepherd’s heart. Strong computer skills are also a plus.
If you feel that God may be calling you to work with us, please send a .pdf copy of your resume, a cover letter, and a list of up to date references to email@example.com. Please include links to audio or videos of you preaching. (Videos are preferred). NO phone calls or postal mail submissions please. You are also strongly encouraged to check out our website at www.grandviewcc.com in order to understand our vision, process, and style of ministry. A full job description and more information is available upon request.
Closing date for receiving resumes is June 15th.
Lynn Street Church Parkersburg, West Virginia Youth / Full Time
1714 Lynn Street :: Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Hoss Ridgeway
- Phone: 304-834-5750
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAMILY LIFE / YOUTH MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Salary, Health Insurance
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. Our Youth and family minister will lead the efforts to intergrade our youth and children into the church body, through bible study, fellowship and Prayer. We seek to move towards the Orange model of ministry.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Family Life Minister reports to the Elders and Teaching Minister for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Teaching Minister, in cooperation with the Elders, will regard the Family Life Minister as a valued team member and will be accountable to each other through Weekly Staff Meetings, Ministry leader meetings, elder meetings, Education Committee, and Youth Committee.
The Primary Task:
The primary task of our youth ministry is to:
-Love youth where they are
-Encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
-Integrate into the Body as a whole
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
3. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
4. Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
5. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
6. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
7. Coordinate youth curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers in partnership with the children’s ministry coordinators.
8. Coordinate and teach teens evangelistically.
9. Work in partnership with the Evangelism Committee to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
10. Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
11. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
12. Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
13. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
14. Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
15. Develop appropriate relationships and communication with teenagers.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace scripture as God’s word.
2. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement.
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the Lynn Street.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
5. Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
6. Must be able to work independently within your ministry allowing other staff members to complete their work as well. Learning to say no when needed, so you can fulfill your mission.
Utica Church of Christ Utica, Ohio Youth / Full Time
115 N. Central Ave. :: Utica, Ohio 43080
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Tim Murnane
- Phone: 740-624-8508
- Email: email@example.com
Utica Church of Christ Youth Minister Job Posting
The Utica Church of Christ in Utica Ohio is expanding its Youth Ministry Program and we are seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Youth Minister. This is a full time position that requires someone with a sincere desire to bring young people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Youth Minister will nurture youth in Christian growth through prayer, Bible study, and Worship. The ideal candidate will be of solid Christian character, have a Bachelors Degree in Ministry, relevant work experience in Youth Ministry, and a commitment to Christ. The Youth Minister must be an effective communicator and be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
The Youth Minister’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Development and implementation of a youth program (for children in grades 6 thru 12), with the congregational Youth Advisory Board, that is designed to carry out the congregational mission and vision.
- Planning themes, topics, music and evaluating and approving all curriculum (with Senior Minister Approval) for youth oriented events, meetings, and Sunday school.
- The practice of youth activities which seek to nurture the body (through wholesome physical activity), the mind (through intellectual challenges and maturity in reasoning), and the spirit (by promoting growth in praise, prayer, faith and faith-based activities).
- Developing and maintaining a budget
- And additional duties which can be found at http://uticachurchofchrist.org/
This position requires someone who is mature in Christ, thoughtful in approach, and Prayerful. Should you have an extreme desire and calling in life to be a Christian Youth Minister, please use the link above to apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Utica Church of Christ, Attn. Youth Minister Search Committee, P.O. Box 532, Utica, Ohio 43080.
Armstrong Chapel UMC 5125 Drake Rd, Ohio Youth / Full Time
5125 Drake Rd :: 5125 Drake Rd, Ohio 45243
Average Weekly Attendance: 450
- Wendy Ransom
- Phone: 5135614220
- Email: email@example.com
Continuing Our Search For
• A vocationally called individual who is passionate about ministry with youth and young adults to provide full time creative, Christ-centered and Biblically grounded leadership for ministries with youth and young adults in the context of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church. Desired start date: August 1, 2013.
• Demonstrated success in discipling youth through small groups, fellowship, worship, mission and other ministries.
• A team player, builder and leader who will work with the pastors, staff and lay leadership to cast the vision for ministry with youth and young adults within our congregation and in the surrounding community.
• Ordained or lay person. A bachelor’s degree or more from an accredited college, university, or seminary. Specific training in youth ministry or United Methodist certification in youth ministry is a plus.
• Giving comprehensive leadership to the student ministries of the church.
• Enlist, equip and nurture leaders among students and adults for student ministry.
• In consultation with the Youth Ministry Support Team, Student Leadership Team, pastors and staff, plan, communicate and implement a calendar of student ministries including small groups, Sunday school, confirmation classes, retreats and mission/ministry activities.
• Select and utilize Biblically faithful, age-appropriate teaching and learning resources for student spiritual formation.
• Develop and implement a ministry for college students and post-high graduates of the Armstrong Chapel student ministries.
• Maintain Safe Sanctuary policies with student ministries.
• Be present and participate in worship services.
Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church
Who Are We?
• An intergenerational congregation of 1100 members with average weekly attendance of 450 in traditional and contemporary services.
• Located in Indian Hill, a near-eastern suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio with approximately 245,000 people within a 20 minute drive of the church. Five excellent school districts exist within a ten minute drive.
• A church with numerous business and community leaders from the area.
• Student ministries currently reach approximately 40 to 60 youth weekly in grades 7 – 12 through a variety of activities and ministries.
• Student ministry is supported by part-time youth staff and the Youth Ministry Support Team of capable adult volunteers.
• A church with a 200 year history; a two year old, state-of-the art youth facility; three worship spaces and a dynamic outreach to our urban neighbors.
Salary and Application
Salary and Desired Start Date
• Salary and benefits negotiable and commensurate with experience and proven ability in student ministry.
• We desire the chosen applicant to begin ministry August 1, 2013.
• Submit cover letter and resume with educational background, employment history, references, and vision for youth ministry to Rev. Greg Stover, Lead Pastor.
U. S. Mail: Rev. Greg Stover
Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church
5125 Drake Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45243
• Application Desired By: June 1, 2013
Fifth Avenue Christian Church Havre, Montana Youth / Full Time
2015 Fifth Avenue :: Havre, Montana 59501
Average Weekly Attendance: 450
- Frank Donato
- Phone: 406-399-0151
- Fax: 406-265-6306
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACC is looking for a full-time Youth Minister who will be responsible for Jr. High and Sr. High programming. We are a church that simply wants to love God and love people. We seek a man to minister to our teens with that heart. This individual is one who has the ability and the heart to pour their life into our young people, creating disciples and raising up the next generation of Christian leaders. We are looking for someone who has the ability to connect and teach our youth, but who also is able to recruit volunteers, and multiply their efforts.
Salary package is competitive and available upon interview.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Resume with references can be emailed to Frank Donato at email@example.com
Or, mail resume with references to: FACC, Attention: Frank Donato, Box 1328, Havre, MT 59501
South Portsmouth Church of God South Portsmouth, Kentucky Youth /
Old School House Road :: South Portsmouth, Kentucky 41174
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Eric Allison
- Phone: 740-821-0111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Youth Pastor. Our Church is located in South Portsmouth, Kentucky – a rural community along the Ohio River in northern Kentucky. We have an age-diverse congregation of about 100. Our church facilities consist of a modern sanctuary attached to an older school building which includes a gymnasium, two outdoor cabins, a shelter house, a bath house and a large playing field. We provide the facilities for a Christian school on our campus.
Beaver Creek Christian Church West Jefferson, North Carolina Preaching / Full Time
1678 Beaver Creek School Road :: West Jefferson, North Carolina 28694
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Darrell R. Compton
- Email: email@example.com
Beaver Creek Christian Church is seeking a full time minister to serve a congregation averaging 100 in attendance. Beaver Creek is a non-denominational, independent Christian Church located in the northwest corner of North Carolina in Ashe County in the town of West Jefferson. The ideal candidate will be Christ-led, seminary graduate with previous pastoral experience and a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited Christian Bible College. The candidate should be a strong spiritual leader with good pastoral skills (i.e.; preaching, teaching, Bible study, counseling, visitation, etc). Computer and internet skills are a plus. The candidate will be accountable to the church leadership.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits to include a parsonage with utilities.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and minimum of three references with names, complete addresses, email addresses and phone numbers, with at least one from a previous pastorate if possible to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or a hard copy to:
Beaver Creek Christian Church
Attn: Pulpit Committee
1678 Beaver Creek School Road
West Jefferson, North Carolina 28694
Fox Creek Christian Church Lawrwenceburg, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
2020 Fox Creek Road :: Lawrwenceburg, Kentucky 40342
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Wayne King
- Phone: 502-330-7148
Fox Creek Christian Church is seeking a full time minister to oversee our ministry to children, students, and their families. We are located in Lawrenceburg, KY, a rural community, between Lexington and Louisville. The population of the county is approximately 20, 000. Our average attendance is approximately 350.
• Immersed believer with a heart for ministry, a firm commitment to the Bible, and a passion for the Church and the Restoration Movement
• Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
• Love for children and families
• Strong organization and leadership skills
• Prefer a Bible college graduate from a Christian Church/Church of Christ college
• Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 12th grade, including Sunday mornings/evenings and Wednesday night
• Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, fellowship, and spiritual growth
• Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers for each area of ministry
• Provide pastoral care for children, students, and the families within the church
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and connecting new children, students, and families into the life of the church
• Christian Life Center scheduling, operation and supervision
• Plan and oversee special events: VBS, Retreats, Camps, etc
• Work with the senior minister under the direction of the elders in the overall ministry and care for the church and its members
• Preach occasionally as opportunities are available
Compensation: This is a full-time position with a competitive salary.
We invite you to check out our church’s website, www.foxcreekchristian.org, to get an overview of who we are and what we believe.
Please send resumes, including, if possible, any video or audio of speaking/teaching youth to:
2011 Drury Court
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342
If you have specific questions about the position, you may call Wayne King at 502-330-7148.
Zoah Christian Church Scottsburg, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
723 N Zoah Church Rd, PO Box 321 :: Scottsburg, Indiana 47170
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Dennis Wilson
- Phone: 812-595-1772
- Email: email@example.com
Zoah Christian Church is a non-denominational Christian church located 30 miles north of Louisville, KY. We are searching for a full time minister to assist the membership in spreading God's word and growing His influence in our community. The successful candidate will preach during worship and minister during the week. The duties will include working with the elders and members implementing programs customary with a small church. Call Denny Wilson 812-595-1772 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Snellville Christian Church Snellville, Georgia Youth / Part Time
2485 Scenic Hwy South :: Snellville, Georgia 30078
Average Weekly Attendance: 125
- Jonathon Dawson
- Phone: 770-972-0767
- Email: email@example.com
Snellville Christian Church is seeking to find the right person to fill their part-time youth ministry opening. This position is scheduled to start on July 1 and will work toward being a full time position in the future. Snellville Christian Church is located in the Atlanta area. If you desire to work with young people in advancing the Kingdom of God please apply. A bachelor's degree is ideal, but consideration will be given to a gifted and passionate person who is working toward that degree. If you would like to be considered please email your resume and a statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job description available on request.
First Christian Church Covington, Virginia Associate / Full Time
231 E, Fudge St. :: Covington, Virginia 24426
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Church Elders
- Phone: 540-965-8406
- Email: email@example.com
First Christian Church in Covington, Va. is seeking an associate/youth minister.This 100 year old congregation of 200+ active members is set in a rural county of the Alleghany Highlands. Interested candidates may contact the elders of the church. A job description is available and resumes are welcome. The application process will end May 31, 2013.
Wildie Christian Church Wildie, Kentucky Preaching / Part Time
1343 Wildie RD./P.O. Box 145 :: Wildie, Kentucky 40492
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Anthony Coffey
- Phone: 606-256-3377
- Fax: 606-256-3377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wildie Christian Church
1343 Wildie Rd.
P.O. Box 145
Wildie, KY 40492
4/26/2013 9:00:52 AM
Category: Preaching Ministries
Church Attendance: 70-90
The Wildie Christian Church, an independent Christian Church, in Wildie, KY, is presently seeking a part-time minister. Wildie is a quaint, quiet community located in central Rockcastle County, Kentucky. You can view information about Rockcastle County at www.rockcastlecountyky.com Wildie Christian Church was established in 1893 and has a long-standing and rich history in the community as well as an average Sunday morning worship attendance of approximately 80 members. Applicants should be a graduate of an accredited Christian college or university and/or have 3 or more years’ experience in a located ministry but all applications will be reviewed and considered. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Sunday morning and evening preaching service and Bible study, Wednesday evening Bible study, continuing an established radio ministry, and providing services, in conjunction with the board, to the local church camp (www.kcacc.org). Strong communication and interaction skills with the congregation and community are essential. The minister is to provide spiritual leadership and direction for the congregation while working with and reporting to the Eldership of the congregation. Interested applicants can send a resume, a recent sermon presentation (in CD, DVD, or other audio/visual format), and a list of 3 or more references to Anthony Coffey 138 Arrowhead Drive Mt. Vernon, KY 40456 or by email to email@example.com
The Crossing Quincy, Illinois Youth / Part Time
150 South 48th :: Quincy, Illinois 62305
Average Weekly Attendance: 2500
- Josh Bailey
- Phone: 217-224-6374
- Fax: 217-224-6377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position available is an internship within our Student Ministry (7-12th Grade). The individual will have a primary focus on Jr. High students. The job would also be involved with both Jr. and Sr. High ministries. Ability to lead worship and comprehend technology (Soundboard, ProPresenter, Lights, Etc.) would be beneficial to the ministry, but in no way mandatory for the internship. This internship will be an opportunity to lead students to the feet of Jesus. This will take place through bible studies, small groups, weekly services, and numerous events. The internship is very flexible with start and end dates. It also contains the ability to be hired full-time if the individual is effective in advancing the Kingdom while benefiting our ministry.