- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Real Life Christian Church Chesapeake, Virginia Worship / Full Time
900 N. Centerville Turnpike :: Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
Average Weekly Attendance: 750
- Email: worship@RLCConline.com
Real Life Christian Church is located in Virginia on the border of Virginia Beach/Chesapeake minutes from the beach. We are a growing church with a fresh ministry vision. We are currently running 2 Sunday services with nearly 750 in attendance. Our average age is 35 with many young families and tons of children. We take the Gospel seriously and live that out in all venues of our lives.
That’s the nuts and bolts of us. Here’s the behind the curtain look - the staff are a very cohesive unit that loves working with each other and seeing ministries grow. We fight against the silo mentality and pull for each other, the church and our community. We laugh. We engage. We share. We love one another.
Our church is relaxed. Being a beach community, it’s common to see sandals and shorts on the weekends. Our worship is contemporary and upbeat. We enjoy mixing things up and fight to not get stuck in a rut with our weekend services. Our church enjoys getting together and will often stick around well after the service just to enjoy time together. Our Life Groups are a place of in-depth connections and life change.
We’re looking for a high capacity creative individual that has a heart to lead and shepherd others, can build teams and lead in worship. Our goal is to find an individual that loves to lead others into God’s presence in worship, cares deeply for the church and the surrounding community. Desirables: Bible college degree, video production, graphic design and sound/lighting technical know how.
Please submit resume AND link to various videos of candidate leading worship. Submissions not including a video link will not be reviewed. All submissions should be sent to worship@RLCConline.com. Please do not contact the church. We will follow up with qualified applicants.
Position Description: Creative Arts Pastor
Real Life Christian Church
The Creative Arts Pastor of Real Life Christian Church (RLCC) is responsible for planning the Sunday morning worship gatherings as well as other worship events. This position requires a heart for Jesus and a heart for growing his church through leading people in worship. This role will require a constant pursuit of excellence both on and off stage, steady growth as a follower of Christ, shepherd of people, and musician/worship leader. In addition, he will manage the creative elements of RLCC including our media presence, video production and technical needs.
− Demonstrates commitment to spiritual growth by spending regular time with the Lord
− Participating in a RLCC Life Group on a regular basis
− Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity
− Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
− Support the ministries of RLCC by faithfully giving a tithe of at least 10%
− Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of RLCC employees as defined by the Staff Handbook
− Prepare and coordinate upbeat, lively progressive worship gatherings and ensure the addition of new and relevant worship songs/elements in our weekend services
− Cast vision, monitor, and influence the musical direction of RLCC to ensure it reflects the vision, values and goals of the church
− Recruit and train band members and vocalists who will participate in our weekend worship services
− Ensure that overall weekend worship services are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure and design
− Assist with planning special worship services such as Christmas Eve, Easter, Children’s Sunday’s and other special programs as assigned
− Will oversee set design, video production, service timing, graphic design, consistent branding throughout worship, media and building
− Create and manage systems/processes to work with all team members to develop a series from idea to implementation
− Recruit and empower volunteers to serve for scheduled programs
− Maintain a strong network of relevant professionals (worship leaders, musicians, technical engineers, graphic designers, web developers, etc)
− Meet weekly with Lead Pastor to critique prior weekend service and plan future weekend service
− Facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate fresh ideas and creative elements for service programming
− Interface with communicators to ensure a consistent message is being told in program details, i.e. music, video, offering, announcements, etc.
− Participate in weekly service meetings to plan and coordinate music, video and other program notes and assets
− Develop systems to create detailed service plans at least two weeks prior to the event date including musical, technical, video, and other programming needs
− Lead regular evaluation and critique sessions to maintain a high standard of excellence and monitoring the impact of service programming
− Assist with maintaining a high touch ministry
− Counsel as requested and refer to professionals for extensive counseling as needed
− Provide leadership and input regarding development, approval, managing and implementation of annual RLCC budget for areas of responsibility
− Participate and assist in events to foster community relations and outreach
− Develop the people, philosophy, systems and deadlines related to the video, graphic and technical elements of RLCC
− Produce creative and effective graphics
− Produce effective in-service videos including: drafting concepts, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production
− Strategize creative tactics to use video to promote and send the messages RLCC wants to communicate to the church and the world
− Oversee the audio, lighting, and video technology for RLCC including maintenance, programming and purchasing
− Facilitate the planning and implementation of social media communication
Reports to Lead Pastor and Executive Director
Heritage Free Will Baptist Church Ashland, Kentucky Worship / Part Time
13136 US Route 180 :: Ashland, Kentucky 41102
Average Weekly Attendance: 180
- Rev. Ed Cook
- Phone: 606-928-4036
- Fax: n/a
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a part-time Worship Leader to lead congregational singing and to lead and develop a choir with a blended service.
Shelby Christian Church Versailles, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
2270 W County Road 700 S, Box 97 :: Versailles, Indiana 47042
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Randy Holcomb
- Phone: 812-689-5597
- Email: email@example.com
We are seeking a full-time minister with a college or seminary degree from a Restoration Movement-based Bible College/University. The congregation is seeking a man who: relates well to people of all ages, will be able to work with the current elders and deacons, is gifted at preaching and teaching, and is committed to growing in his personal walk with Christ. He will be expected to build relationships within the congregation, as well as offering leadership to the members of the congregation. The salary is negotiable and will be discussed individually. The congregation does not have a parsonage.
Grandview Christian Church Johnson City, Tennessee Children's / Full Time
300 University Parkway :: Johnson City, Tennessee 37604
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Brenda Money
- Phone: 423-928-7866
- Fax: 423-434-2107
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grandview Christian Church
300 University Parkway
Johnson City, TN 37604-7375
JOB TITLE: Minister to Children (40 hour, full-time, salaried position)
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: This person will organize and administer all aspects of Grandview’s ministry to children (birth-6th grade). He/She will seek to perform his/her duties in keeping with the vision statement of the church.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: This person will be a Christian of good character, dependable, friendly, honest, and emotionally mature. This person will demonstrate ability to work with others of all ages, with special attention to children and their parents. In addition, this person will demonstrate a working knowledge of the Christian education of children in relation to age appropriate guidelines. He/She will be supportive of the goals of the Restoration Movement. It is expected that this person pursue personal spiritual development and exhibit a Christ-like example in and out of the work place.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Three to five years experience in Christian Education or education at the Master’s level in Christian Education is preferred. In addition, some formal biblical/theological training is expected.
TO APPLY: Email your resume’ (including references) to email@example.com, or mail resume’ to Grandview Christian Church, 300 University Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37604
Markle Church of Christ Markle, Indiana Children's / Full Time
455 E Morse St :: Markle, Indiana 46770
Average Weekly Attendance: 450
- Mike Duggan
- Phone: 260-758-2171
- Fax: 260-758-2161
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Markle Church of Christ is searching for a full-time Children's Minister. For details about our search, go to our web site at: marklechurch.org Resumes need to be sent to our Staff Administrator Mike Duggan at email@example.com
Crossroads Christian Church Brooklyn, New York Preaching / Full Time
6921 4th Ave :: Brooklyn, New York 11209
Average Weekly Attendance: 40
- Lindsey Hill
- Phone: 3478601524
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossroads Christian Church (Crossroads) in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn is seeking to fill the role of Head Pastor to lead our 16-year-old urban, dynamic and diverse congregation. Our founding pastor is stepping down, and the Crossroads community of believers and seekers is looking for an inspirational, focused leader to help guide us in writing the next chapters of our church.
Please see the below link for all the information needed about the church, the position, and how to apply. We look forward to your response!
Indian Hills Christian Church Danville, Kentucky Children's / Full Time
1200 Lexington Road :: Danville, Kentucky 40422
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- D. Mark Lanham
- Phone: 859-238-0082
- Email: email@example.com
The open position is for a Family Minister.
• Coordinate children’s Sunday School program
• Coordinate Children’s Ministry programs (birth to 5th grade)
• Maintain web site pages pertaining to areas within family ministry
• Design programs to strengthen marriages and families
• Assist in preaching and teaching responsibilities
• Assist in pastoral care of church members
• 5th Sunday Fellowship activities
Stafford County Christian Church Stafford, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
1813 Mountain View Rd :: Stafford, Virginia 22554
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
- Kim Rice
- Phone: 703-599-4987
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC) ( www.staffordccc.org ) is seeking the minister prepared for us by the Father. He should be a humble yet confident man, able to reach and teach our children, young adults and seniors with fresh relevance every week. A gifted speaker, who is obvious about his love for the Lord, his family, his ministry ,his flock and who will challenge all ages and demographics. He should be empowering to the staff and ministries he shepherds and should be able to train and steer the church into the next generation of Christians serving the Lord. He is a lover of worship music and should bring fresh ideas and methods of worship and delivering God’s word. His wife should be equally engaged in his ministry and should be actively involved and invested in the church. Nearly every guest comments that we are a very friendly church which is something we are very intentional about. Our new minister should help guide us in that endeavor as well.
Title: Senior Minister
To provide the primary leadership, teaching, and direction for the church, in all areas of ministry, in order to fulfill the purpose and vision of Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC).
The Senior Minister at SCCC serves as the lead shepherd of the flock, providing spiritual guidance and training to the congregation, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching the principles of the Word of God. The Senior Minister should be an excellent speaker, strong in his faith and Christian example so that he may model his faith to the congregation and surrounding community.
Our Senior Minister must have a powerful vision for the church that will serve as strong and accurate rudder for the flock. He must not be subject to political sway or intimidation. Integrity is requisite, as is honesty, kindness, purity, thoughtfulness, bravery and a complete reliance on God.
The Senior Minister will conduct ongoing daily and weekly church activities including sermons, communion, baptism and baptismal counseling, child dedications, visitation of the sick, weddings and funerals, counseling, and heading and consulting with all elders of the church, as well as deacons. He will be accessible to the congregation for questions and spiritual guidance. He may provide Christian counseling to the extent he feels comfortable but should refer more complicated cases or cases that require extensive counseling to professional Christian counselors in the area.
Senior Minister Duties
1. Sunday Teaching and Preaching (and on special occasions and services)
• Teach the congregation rooted in, and consistent with scripture in a Christian Restoration Church.
• Teach as needed to include but not limited to Sunday school, new member classes and special seminars and work groups.
• Work closely with the Worship Leader to plan themes consistent with the preaching series creating a comprehensive worship experience and to allow for preparation of slides and music.
• Develop and equip members for leadership and service in the church
• Through teaching and modeling, inspire, teach and challenge our church to keep our number one priority on evangelism and discipleship.
- Vision Casting
• Continually clarify and highlight the vision of the church through the Sunday morning worship and leading the staff and ministry leaders to regularly communicate the same vision.
• Ongoing evaluation of the implementation and effectiveness of the priorities addressed in the vision plan and work with the elders and leaders to identify, develop and implement “course corrections” when needed.
• Work with church ministries and staff to ensure that all efforts are in line with the vision of the church.
• Work closely with the Elders to identify ministry priorities which will move the church closer to our vision and mission.
- Pastoral Care
• Guide the Elders in the administration of pastoral care.
• The Senior Minister should take a lead role in caring for the needs of the church. This includes making calls on and following up with members, attenders and prospects.
• Actively and intentionally engage with the visitors attending our church.
- General Responsibilities
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church.
• Supervise the church’s paid staff.
• Assist and advise the Elders on the shepherding of the congregation.
• Conduct weddings and funerals as needed.
• Oversee / supervise the church’s administrative functions to include leading efforts to document and update bylaws, welcome packets, etc.
• Coordinate special support from the Virginia Evangelizing Fellowship (VEF) and participating in VEF activities.
• Represent the church in the community and in community events.
• Inspire the unsaved to confess Christ; to repent, believe and be baptized (Acts 2:38)
- Model Christianity to the congregation and to the community.
• Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include; prayer, Bible study, and financial giving as a part of the regular church offering.
• Love and care for your family.
• Exhibit a positive Christian lifestyle.
• Define opportunities for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship building with other men in the church.
• Define opportunities and assist a godly woman in the church for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship building with other women in the church.
• Work closely with the Elders to lead purposeful staff meetings.
• Maintain a continuing education plan for skill building and self-improvement.
• Be actively involved in the life of the church
Meridian Christian Church Okemos, Michigan Children's / Part Time
2600 Bennett RD :: Okemos, Michigan 48864
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- John Datema
- Phone: 517-528-3915
- Email: email@example.com
Meridian Christian Church is a seeking a person to be our part time Elementary Director for our Sunday morning Kids252 Program. We hope to find the right fit and somebody who has a desire to see children learn about God's Word in an age appropriate way and who believes in supporting the family unit as a partner is spiritual education. We have contemporary facilities, and our rooms are designed to represent the 7 continents of the world. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of many children!
Things You’ll Find At MCC:
• Coaching and support for the ministry with clear expectations.
• Flexible office hours.
• A leadership team that trusts you.
• A challenging and fulfilling work environment.
• A creative work environment with great volunteers.
• Opportunity to excel and succeed in ministry!
General Responsibilities: Implementation/Execution of our elementary program on Sunday mornings.
• Implementation of the Bottom Line (big idea) during Large Group and Small Group time.
• Overseeing editing of Large Group and Small Group Curriculum.
• Overseeing prepping of supplies.
• Administrating purchase of supplies and budget.
• Recruiting and scheduling of various roles of volunteers.
• Communicating with families and students.
Character We Are Looking For:
• A solid and growing relationship with God.
• A teachable spirit and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountable relationships.
• A Christ honoring lifestyle marked by Bible study, prayer, love, joy, and servant hood.
• A person who is willing to grow in their leadership.
• Someone who is punctual and dependable.
• Integrity in finances, relationships, and time management is expected.
Competency We Are Looking For:
• Team building – able to recruit and wisely use volunteers.
• Professional on the phone.
• Able to adapt quickly to the environment.
• Good knowledge of the Bible.
• Able to solve hurdles or problems.
• Able to organize people and structure.
• Effective communicator to adults of all ages.
• Competent with email and Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
Cookson Hills Christian Ministries Kansas, Oklahoma Miscellaneous / Full Time
60416 Highway 10 :: Kansas, Oklahoma 74347
- Rick Bayless
- Phone: 918-597-2192
- Fax: 928-597-2200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to make a difference in the lives of at-risk children and teens? Love to engage children and their families in life changing opportunities? Find meaning and purpose in helping others resolve conflicts and adopt healthy coping and relationship skills?
Cookson Hills is a premier provider of residential care services to children who come from hard places and require out of home placement while they and their families learn, grow and develop new self management skills and improved family relationships. This position is central to our Residential Care Program and requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field. 3-5 years of experience is preferred but not required. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required. The successful candidate will be skilled in the development of individualized treatment plans, case management, conflict resolution, inter-personal communication, social service documentation, crisis intervention and supervision of direct care staff.
We seek a mature Christian person who wants to be a part of a team of professionals focused on offering help, hope and healing to children and families in crisis.
Total compensation package includes salary, housing, meals and medical, dental, vision & life insurance plus vacation and sick pay. Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Executive Director, Cookson Hills Christian Ministries, RR 3 Box 200, Kansas, OK 74347
Orrville Christian Church ORRVILLE, Ohio Internship / Full Time
925 N Elm St :: ORRVILLE, Ohio 44667
Average Weekly Attendance: 550
- John Pape
- Phone: 330-682-3686
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a student ministry intern (grades 5-12) from May-December 2015. Responsibilities include working with volunteers, teaching lessons and planning events. This is a paid internship. If interested, please contact John Pape at 330-682-3686 or email@example.com.
Alleghany Church of Christ Christiansburg, Virginia Youth / Full Time
2095 N Franklin ST :: Christiansburg, Virginia 24073
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Porter Riner
- Phone: 540-382-9039
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone to work with all ages of youth.
Montague Church of Christ Montague Canada, Preaching / Full Time
513 Main Street :: Montague Canada, c0a2b0
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Robbie Jenkins
- Phone: 902-687-2690
- Email: email@example.com
Montague Church of Christ, an Independent Christian Church, is seeking a Preaching Minister. We are in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A town with a population of 5000, servicing 20,000, about a five hour drive north of Maine. Farming, fishing and tourism are the main industries. Attendance is approximately 100 at our Sunday morning service. Our facility will seat 300.
Candidate must hold a bachelors degree from a college affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ and have at least five years experience in preaching ministry.
Candidate must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community outreach, prayer, and personal spiritual growth. He must have strong leadership skills, works well with others, is organized and will lead the church in spiritual and numerical growth.
Additional staff include a part-time youth minister, and secretary. If you feel God is leading you to our church, please send a video/audio sermon, your resume, and recent picture to:
PO. box 74 Souris, PE. Canada c0a2b0
REUNION Christian Church Boston, Massachusetts Preaching / Full Time
30 The Fenway Unit #1 :: Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Average Weekly Attendance: 500
- Search Team
- Phone: 617-999-9999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is REUNION?
REUNION is a community of imperfect people pursuing the mission of helping people find their way back to God. We believe the Gospel changes everything, especially the hearts of those who follow Christ. We also believe that God has graciously provided the means to reconcile and redeem our broken lives and world through Jesus Christ, the hero of the story. We seek to be a grace-filled community that is approachable to all, yet courageously speaks the truth of the Gospel in love. Faith is never an expectation of someone who walks in the door at REUNION and we desire to be a community that is welcoming to those searching for truth. We want to be a place that provides rest for the weary and hope for the hopeless; a place where people can grow and mature; where we can challenge people to learn what it means to passionately follow Christ. We strive to create a place to live out our growing faith in Christ by living humbly and loving recklessly. To do all this, we expect our leaders to connect with people from various places of spiritual health and maturity and to point them to a life of discipleship. We seek to tell the story of God’s grace through our generosity in both local & global causes, community groups, the arts, and Sunday gatherings. We are committed to reproducing disciples, community groups, and churches that are radically committed to the good of the city. We are a multi- site, Independent Christian Church serving the neighborhoods of Boston, the city of Somerville, the surrounding communities and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has been called by God to lead REUNION in Boston, Somerville and wherever the Lord may call us to grow. We are seeking to find someone to lead us into the next chapter of our story who is ready for the challenge of urban ministry in a Northeast post-Christian context. We are looking for a servant leader with a love for developing and discipling staff and lay leaders who in turn reproduce passionate leaders. We need someone gifted in casting, and inspiring, a Christ-centered vision for the next season of growth at REUNION. Most importantly,we are looking for someone radically committed to the Gospel who seeks to live that out through a life of daily discipleship.
What is your Role?
You get to drive the mission of REUNION and ensure that all we do helps people find their way back to God and helps them grow as disciples of Christ. You will oversee our full and part-time staff and their one-on-one coaching. Discipling and development of staff is a priority and we expect you to create an environment of teamwork and collaboration that reproduces leaders. You will lead our teaching team and set direction for Sunday messages. You will function as both the lead pastor to our entire community, but also as the location pastor to our Back Bay community. From time to time you will pastor people through counseling (typically marriage, pre-marriage, and other pastoral meetings for those at our Back Bay location). You will help oversee the budget, hire staff and be a member of the Elder team.
Celebration Christian Church Marion, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
2434 Smeltzer Road :: Marion, Ohio 43302
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Email: email@example.com
Celebration is a body of people, lead by the Holy Spirit, looking to advance the Kingdom of God, by actively putting the word of God into practice. God has called us into a deeper walk of faith, driving out fear and walking not by sight but by faith. We believe in the infallible living word of God. Our vision is to be carriers of Kingdom and hope, that is not fitting of a traditional church mold. We have cultivated in our people a desire to change a community and generate a life style of loving people through relationship.
* Master of Divinity
* Charismatic Faith/ Holy Spirit background
* Alignment to the five-fold ministry
* Heart for the lost
* Rightly divide the word of truth
* Excellent communicator with convictions and boldness
* Technologically proficient
* Administrative gifts to manage church affairs (assisted by the leadership team)
Proven leadership developer
* Grace oriented approach to doctrinal and theological issues, as well as areas of daily life and practice:
not judgmental or legalistic, but frank with regard to the essentials of faith
* Integrity and honesty
* Personal and spiritual hospitality
* Initiator of relationship
* High energy level, energizer to others
* Team player and builder
* High competency and low ego
* Lifelong learner