- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
West Liberty Christian Church West Liberty, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
PO Box 1 :: West Liberty, Kentucky 41472
Average Weekly Attendance: 60
- Kent Nickell
- Phone: 6067432554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
West Liberty Christian Church is an independent Christian Church nestled in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in West Liberty, KY. We are seeking a senior minister for our congregation. Due to a devastating tornado, in which we lost our church building, we have the opportunity to rebuild both our building and our congregation. Our building process in underway. Duties are consistent with a senior minister's qualifications and talents. Foremost, we are praying for a Godly man for our congregation. Please come join us. Inquiries may be directed to Kent Nickell at 606-743-2554 or 606-362-8664. Resumes may be sent to : West Liberty Christian Church Pulpit Committee, PO Box 1, West Liberty, KY 41472.
Log Lick Christian Church Winchester, Kentucky Preaching / Part Time
2600 New Log Lick Road :: Winchester, Kentucky 40391
Average Weekly Attendance: 40
- Jason Spry
- Phone: 859-737-1440
- Email: email@example.com
Log Lick Christian Church is a New Testament Christian Church. We offer a traditional service, with communion as the focal point; along with the singing of hymns, prayer, and preaching. We are looking for a man to fill a part-time preaching position for Sunday morning services and a preaching/teaching position for Sunday evening services. We currently do not have a Wednesday evening service. A degree is not required, only sound doctrical teaching from the Word of God. We do desire to grow in number, but growth in Spirit and strength are first and foremost. The congregation has a good variety of all ages and a spiritually strong group of men who can fill many roles. Our current preacher is stepping down after four years. However, we are saying goodbye on very friendly terms. His last date of service to our congregation will be December 28th, 2014.
Enon Church of Christ Enon, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
7345 Dayton Rd. :: Enon, Ohio 45323
Average Weekly Attendance: 110
- Carl Howard
- Phone: (937) 323-0450
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preach the Gospel
- Teach Sunday School classes (as required)
- Teach Bible classes during the week (as required)
- Pastoral care
- Hospital/Home visitation
- Funeral/marriage ceremonies
- Help with Youth Ministry
- Strong desire to win souls to Christ
- Provide spiritual guidance (as required)
Shelby Christian Church Versailles, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
2270 W County Road 700 S, Box 97 :: Versailles, Indiana 47042
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Randy Holcomb
- Phone: 812-689-5597
- Email: email@example.com
We are seeking a full-time minister with a college or seminary degree from a Restoration Movement-based Bible College/University. The congregation is seeking a man who: relates well to people of all ages, will be able to work with the current elders and deacons, is gifted at preaching and teaching, and is committed to growing in his personal walk with Christ. He will be expected to build relationships within the congregation, as well as offering leadership to the members of the congregation. The salary is negotiable and will be discussed individually. The congregation does not have a parsonage.
Crossroads Christian Church Brooklyn, New York Preaching / Full Time
6921 4th Ave :: Brooklyn, New York 11209
Average Weekly Attendance: 40
- Lindsey Hill
- Phone: 3478601524
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossroads Christian Church (Crossroads) in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn is seeking to fill the role of Head Pastor to lead our 16-year-old urban, dynamic and diverse congregation. Our founding pastor is stepping down, and the Crossroads community of believers and seekers is looking for an inspirational, focused leader to help guide us in writing the next chapters of our church.
Please see the below link for all the information needed about the church, the position, and how to apply. We look forward to your response!
Stafford County Christian Church Stafford, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
1813 Mountain View Rd :: Stafford, Virginia 22554
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
- Kim Rice
- Phone: 703-599-4987
- Email: email@example.com
Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC) ( www.staffordccc.org ) is seeking the minister prepared for us by the Father. He should be a humble yet confident man, able to reach and teach our children, young adults and seniors with fresh relevance every week. A gifted speaker, who is obvious about his love for the Lord, his family, his ministry ,his flock and who will challenge all ages and demographics. He should be empowering to the staff and ministries he shepherds and should be able to train and steer the church into the next generation of Christians serving the Lord. He is a lover of worship music and should bring fresh ideas and methods of worship and delivering God’s word. His wife should be equally engaged in his ministry and should be actively involved and invested in the church. Nearly every guest comments that we are a very friendly church which is something we are very intentional about. Our new minister should help guide us in that endeavor as well.
Title: Senior Minister
To provide the primary leadership, teaching, and direction for the church, in all areas of ministry, in order to fulfill the purpose and vision of Stafford County Christian Church (SCCC).
The Senior Minister at SCCC serves as the lead shepherd of the flock, providing spiritual guidance and training to the congregation, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching the principles of the Word of God. The Senior Minister should be an excellent speaker, strong in his faith and Christian example so that he may model his faith to the congregation and surrounding community.
Our Senior Minister must have a powerful vision for the church that will serve as strong and accurate rudder for the flock. He must not be subject to political sway or intimidation. Integrity is requisite, as is honesty, kindness, purity, thoughtfulness, bravery and a complete reliance on God.
The Senior Minister will conduct ongoing daily and weekly church activities including sermons, communion, baptism and baptismal counseling, child dedications, visitation of the sick, weddings and funerals, counseling, and heading and consulting with all elders of the church, as well as deacons. He will be accessible to the congregation for questions and spiritual guidance. He may provide Christian counseling to the extent he feels comfortable but should refer more complicated cases or cases that require extensive counseling to professional Christian counselors in the area.
Senior Minister Duties
1. Sunday Teaching and Preaching (and on special occasions and services)
• Teach the congregation rooted in, and consistent with scripture in a Christian Restoration Church.
• Teach as needed to include but not limited to Sunday school, new member classes and special seminars and work groups.
• Work closely with the Worship Leader to plan themes consistent with the preaching series creating a comprehensive worship experience and to allow for preparation of slides and music.
• Develop and equip members for leadership and service in the church
• Through teaching and modeling, inspire, teach and challenge our church to keep our number one priority on evangelism and discipleship.
- Vision Casting
• Continually clarify and highlight the vision of the church through the Sunday morning worship and leading the staff and ministry leaders to regularly communicate the same vision.
• Ongoing evaluation of the implementation and effectiveness of the priorities addressed in the vision plan and work with the elders and leaders to identify, develop and implement “course corrections” when needed.
• Work with church ministries and staff to ensure that all efforts are in line with the vision of the church.
• Work closely with the Elders to identify ministry priorities which will move the church closer to our vision and mission.
- Pastoral Care
• Guide the Elders in the administration of pastoral care.
• The Senior Minister should take a lead role in caring for the needs of the church. This includes making calls on and following up with members, attenders and prospects.
• Actively and intentionally engage with the visitors attending our church.
- General Responsibilities
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church.
• Supervise the church’s paid staff.
• Assist and advise the Elders on the shepherding of the congregation.
• Conduct weddings and funerals as needed.
• Oversee / supervise the church’s administrative functions to include leading efforts to document and update bylaws, welcome packets, etc.
• Coordinate special support from the Virginia Evangelizing Fellowship (VEF) and participating in VEF activities.
• Represent the church in the community and in community events.
• Inspire the unsaved to confess Christ; to repent, believe and be baptized (Acts 2:38)
- Model Christianity to the congregation and to the community.
• Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include; prayer, Bible study, and financial giving as a part of the regular church offering.
• Love and care for your family.
• Exhibit a positive Christian lifestyle.
• Define opportunities for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship building with other men in the church.
• Define opportunities and assist a godly woman in the church for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship building with other women in the church.
• Work closely with the Elders to lead purposeful staff meetings.
• Maintain a continuing education plan for skill building and self-improvement.
• Be actively involved in the life of the church
Montague Church of Christ Montague Canada, Preaching / Full Time
513 Main Street :: Montague Canada, c0a2b0
Average Weekly Attendance: 100
- Robbie Jenkins
- Phone: 902-687-2690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montague Church of Christ, an Independent Christian Church, is seeking a Preaching Minister. We are in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A town with a population of 5000, servicing 20,000, about a five hour drive north of Maine. Farming, fishing and tourism are the main industries. Attendance is approximately 100 at our Sunday morning service. Our facility will seat 300.
Candidate must hold a bachelors degree from a college affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ and have at least five years experience in preaching ministry.
Candidate must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community outreach, prayer, and personal spiritual growth. He must have strong leadership skills, works well with others, is organized and will lead the church in spiritual and numerical growth.
Additional staff include a part-time youth minister, and secretary. If you feel God is leading you to our church, please send a video/audio sermon, your resume, and recent picture to:
PO. box 74 Souris, PE. Canada c0a2b0
REUNION Christian Church Boston, Massachusetts Preaching / Full Time
30 The Fenway Unit #1 :: Boston, Massachusetts 02215
Average Weekly Attendance: 500
- Search Team
- Phone: 617-999-9999
- Email: email@example.com
What is REUNION?
REUNION is a community of imperfect people pursuing the mission of helping people find their way back to God. We believe the Gospel changes everything, especially the hearts of those who follow Christ. We also believe that God has graciously provided the means to reconcile and redeem our broken lives and world through Jesus Christ, the hero of the story. We seek to be a grace-filled community that is approachable to all, yet courageously speaks the truth of the Gospel in love. Faith is never an expectation of someone who walks in the door at REUNION and we desire to be a community that is welcoming to those searching for truth. We want to be a place that provides rest for the weary and hope for the hopeless; a place where people can grow and mature; where we can challenge people to learn what it means to passionately follow Christ. We strive to create a place to live out our growing faith in Christ by living humbly and loving recklessly. To do all this, we expect our leaders to connect with people from various places of spiritual health and maturity and to point them to a life of discipleship. We seek to tell the story of God’s grace through our generosity in both local & global causes, community groups, the arts, and Sunday gatherings. We are committed to reproducing disciples, community groups, and churches that are radically committed to the good of the city. We are a multi- site, Independent Christian Church serving the neighborhoods of Boston, the city of Somerville, the surrounding communities and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has been called by God to lead REUNION in Boston, Somerville and wherever the Lord may call us to grow. We are seeking to find someone to lead us into the next chapter of our story who is ready for the challenge of urban ministry in a Northeast post-Christian context. We are looking for a servant leader with a love for developing and discipling staff and lay leaders who in turn reproduce passionate leaders. We need someone gifted in casting, and inspiring, a Christ-centered vision for the next season of growth at REUNION. Most importantly,we are looking for someone radically committed to the Gospel who seeks to live that out through a life of daily discipleship.
What is your Role?
You get to drive the mission of REUNION and ensure that all we do helps people find their way back to God and helps them grow as disciples of Christ. You will oversee our full and part-time staff and their one-on-one coaching. Discipling and development of staff is a priority and we expect you to create an environment of teamwork and collaboration that reproduces leaders. You will lead our teaching team and set direction for Sunday messages. You will function as both the lead pastor to our entire community, but also as the location pastor to our Back Bay community. From time to time you will pastor people through counseling (typically marriage, pre-marriage, and other pastoral meetings for those at our Back Bay location). You will help oversee the budget, hire staff and be a member of the Elder team.
Celebration Christian Church Marion, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
2434 Smeltzer Road :: Marion, Ohio 43302
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebration is a body of people, lead by the Holy Spirit, looking to advance the Kingdom of God, by actively putting the word of God into practice. God has called us into a deeper walk of faith, driving out fear and walking not by sight but by faith. We believe in the infallible living word of God. Our vision is to be carriers of Kingdom and hope, that is not fitting of a traditional church mold. We have cultivated in our people a desire to change a community and generate a life style of loving people through relationship.
* Master of Divinity
* Charismatic Faith/ Holy Spirit background
* Alignment to the five-fold ministry
* Heart for the lost
* Rightly divide the word of truth
* Excellent communicator with convictions and boldness
* Technologically proficient
* Administrative gifts to manage church affairs (assisted by the leadership team)
Proven leadership developer
* Grace oriented approach to doctrinal and theological issues, as well as areas of daily life and practice:
not judgmental or legalistic, but frank with regard to the essentials of faith
* Integrity and honesty
* Personal and spiritual hospitality
* Initiator of relationship
* High energy level, energizer to others
* Team player and builder
* High competency and low ego
* Lifelong learner
Brookings Christian Church (Church of Christ) Brookings, South Dakota Preaching / Full Time
424 8th Street :: Brookings, South Dakota 57006
Average Weekly Attendance: 30
- Marlin R. Hintz
- Phone: 605-690-5788 or 605-692-2226
- Email: email@example.com
Need someone to fill pulpit. Presently have interim minister driving 50 miles one way to fill in until someone hired.. Parsonage is available along with utilities paid. Population 20-30 Thousand in city. Has several job oportunities including cheese plant, manufacturing, etc. Any questions please call.
Shenango Christian Church New Castle, Pennsylvania Preaching / Part Time
2404 Willowhurst Circle :: New Castle, Pennsylvania 16101
Average Weekly Attendance: 50
- Brock Glass
- Phone: 724-944-1281
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shenango Christian Church is looking to fill the position of "Minister." We are looking for someone to lead Sunday Morning Service, conduct Wednesday Evening Bible Study, call on the sick, and attend church activities.
Salary - negotiable.
Tollesboro Christian Tollesboro, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
3684 West KY 10 :: Tollesboro, Kentucky 41189
Average Weekly Attendance: 200
- Kirby Wright
- Phone: 606-407-5233
- Email: email@example.com
Tollesboro Christian Church of Tollesboro, KY has an immediate opening for a Senior Minister.
Purpose: To serve the congregation as a preacher and to work with the elders and other leaders in the congregation to lead people to Christ, help them grow spiritually and involve them in Christian service. We believe the membership should connect with Christ, with others and the world.
Responsibilities include preaching Sunday morning and evening services and leading a Wednesday night Bible study; to serve as a team leader to coordinate the work of the church staff and ministers, holding regular meetings at least bi-weekly. The Sr. Minister will be expected to establish regular office hours, report only to the Elders and attend regular and special general board meetings.
APPLY ONLINE AT: HTTP://www.tollesborochristian.org
Raceland Christian Church Raceland, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
210 Caroline Rd. :: Raceland, Kentucky 41169
Average Weekly Attendance: 130
- Greg Denton
- Phone: 606-615-4211
- Fax: 606-836-1014
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Raceland Christian Church is seeking a Senior Minister with a strong work ethic and a desire to help the congregation grow both spiritually as well as numerically. RCC is located in Raceland, KY population 2,500 which is the northeastern area of the state. Raceland is 10 minutes from Ashland, KY (25,000)and Ironton, OH (11,000). RCC is located 1 mile from Raceland-Worthington High School, within 5 miles of Russell High School, and is 30 minutes from Kentucky Christian University. RCC is financially healthy, will have recently constructed Family Life Center paid off in 8 months. Recently hired a part-time youth director/worship leader who was a founding member of Audio Adrenaline. Salary/Benefit package totals in the range of 50,000 - 55,000 per year. Please send resumes to the above listed e-mail.
Antioch Christian Church Coal City, Indiana Preaching / Part Time
4376 Hochstetler St, :: Coal City, Indiana 47427
Average Weekly Attendance: 250
- Wyman Wells
- Phone: 317-294-5995
- Email: email@example.com
We are a small country church seeking a spirit led man to become our next pastor. While we are small in number we strive to be like the Church of Philedelphia. This is a part time position and would be a good opportunity for a bivocational minister.
Grace Community Christian Church(GC3) Frederick, Maryland Preaching / Full Time
2100 Rosemont Avenue :: Frederick, Maryland 21702
Average Weekly Attendance: 50
- Paula Ross
- Phone: 301-663-1240
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Community Christian Church (GC3)(www.gracehappens.net) in Frederick, MD is seeking a pastor with a heart and passion for the lost, and believes in the power of the Gospel to transform lives. GC3, a congregation of 50-75, seeks to serve the continually changing need of families in the area. With the Bible as our doctrine and Christ’s love as our example, we are seeking a pastor to guide the church in engaging the unchurched and unknowing in the local community, developing leaders and elders and expanding the fellowship where together we can learn, serve and glorify God as He builds the body of Christ. Please direct interest in this position to email@example.com. A complete job description for this position can be obtained by communication through the same email address. Our mailing address is 2100 Rosemont Avenue, Frederick, MD 21702