- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
Killbuck First Church of Christ Killbuck, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
P.O. Box 404 :: Killbuck, Ohio 44637
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Gary Guthrie
- Phone: 330 231 3306
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prefer a married man with pastoral experience but youthful and energetic enough to work with all age groups. Also to work actively with the Elders and congregation and provide leadership and guidance to all members of the congregation.
The church has good growth potential and a positive attitude. Must be a graduate of a Christian/Church of Christ Bible College. A beautiful modern parsonage in a quiet neighborhood is provided. Average attendance 80-100 per Sunday. Salary is negotiable - based on experience and church growth. Send resume and sermon tape and contact the pulpit committee. Killbuck First Church of Christ, PO Box 404, Killbuck, OH 44637
Mudfork Church of Christ Bluefield, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
6142 Mudfork Road :: Bluefield, Virginia 24605
Average Weekly Attendance: 80
- Eddie Dickenson
- Phone: (276) 988-5211
- Email: email@example.com.
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time minister following the death of our minister of forty-four years, Johnnie Elmore. We are located in a rural community in Tazewell County in southwestern Virginia. If you have questions or for more information, please call Eddie Dickenson at (276) 988-5211. A resume may be sent to Eddie Dickenson, 164 Dickenson Lane, North Tazewell,VA 24630. Thank you for taking time to consider our need. Please keep our congregation in your prayers. May God bless and guide you always.
Jeromesville Christian Church Jeromesville, Ohio Preaching / Part Time
75 North High Street :: Jeromesville, Ohio 44840
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Phil Young
- Phone: 419-651-4554
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister’s Professional Responsibilities:
• Recommended Hours Per Week: ~20 hours
• Preaching and Teaching
Preach sermons at Sunday morning and Revolution evening services. Provide support for teachers and/or teach weekly Sunday School Classes and Bible Studies in order to provide continuing education of God’s Word. Provide support for additional functions of the church as requested by the Elders.
• Pastoral Care
Visit people monthly (suggested) who are homebound and cannot attend weekly services. Provide support by visiting or calling people in the hospital. Coordinate monthly (suggested) visitations with the people of the church as possible. Comfort mourning families of lost loved ones. Provide additional pastoral care as requested by the Elders.
Provide support for Vacation Bible School. Attend extra-curricular church and community events as much as possible. Attend the Hillsdale CARES meetings as possible. Provide support for additional community efforts as requested by the Elders.
Provide weekly media releases for Sunday morning and evening services. Attend weekly Elder meetings and Church Board meetings as possible. Attend annual Church meeting and present Minister’s report. Perform additional administrative duties as requested by the Elders.
It is expected that the minister will exemplify Christian values and principles and refrain from any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit on or cause scandal to the church or be in contradiction to the Bible or Christian ethics and morals in both his personal life (i.e. social media/communication) and his professional life.
Minister’s Compensation Package:
• Salary: Negotiable based on experience, education and longevity.
• Travel: Travel will be reimbursed at the Federal Rate per mile following the IRS guidelines up to $1,000 per year for hospitalization and $2,000 per year for visitation. For emergency situations the travel mileage begins from the current location whereas all other travel mileage begins from the minister’s home in accordance with the IRS guidelines. A monthly mileage report will be turned in to the elders the last Sunday of each month for their review. A mileage check will be given the first Sunday of the following month.
• Cell Phone: A cell-phone to be available for emergencies and day-to-day minister duties. Approximately $750 per year.
• Paid Time Off: Paid time off must be used in a calendar year and there is no cash value for unused paid time off. There is no paid time off carry-over to the next year.
Lake Marion Christian Church Manning, South Carolina Preaching / Full Time
1474 Lake Shore Dr :: Manning, South Carolina 29102
Average Weekly Attendance: 20
- Johnny Radcliffe
- Phone: 803-478-7871
- Email: eradd@ftc-I.net
Union Church Of Christ Hillsboro,, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
3021 Taylorsville Rd. :: Hillsboro,, Ohio 45133
Average Weekly Attendance: 115
- Glenn Hess
- Phone: 937-763-2455
- Fax: 937-763-2455
- Email: email@example.com
Country church with parsonage. Good mix of young families and mission minded.
Weston Church of Christ Weston, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
13355 Center Street P.O. Box 344 :: Weston, Ohio 43569
Average Weekly Attendance: 65
- Edward Tolles/John McKenzie
- Phone: 419-669-3895
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Weston Church of Christ is seeking the man God has chosen to fill the full time position of preaching minister because of the retirement of our current preaching minister.
We are a community church looking for a candidate who can help lead the congregation as well as reach the lost.
We offer a parsonage and salary that can be negotiated.
Pleasant Valley Church of Christ Wallingford, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
176876 :: Wallingford, Kentucky 41093
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Kevin Watson
- Phone: 606-796-6893
- Email: email@example.com
We are searching for a full time minister visiting is a must.
Walton Hills Church of Christ Walton Hills, Ohio Preaching / Full Time
7166 Dunham Road :: Walton Hills, Ohio 44137
Average Weekly Attendance: 65
- Janet Hall
- Phone: 1-216-587-2156
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walton Hills Church of Christ is a non-denominational Christian congregation which is located in Walton Hills, Ohio; a suburb of Cleveland. Our worship center and fellowship hall is located in a park-like setting. We have a blended worship service with an attendance of 65 – 85.
We are praying for a senior minister with a servant’s heart to preach the Word, equip the saints, and make disciples. (Matt. 28:18-20)
Candidate requirements: a gifted communicator, a minister with enthusiasm, encouragement, and compassion, a heart for the lost, a desire to pastor a multi-generational flock, a skilled administrator and a man able to work with a board of Elders and Deacons.
To apply, please send a resume with up-to-date references and a statement of doctrine. Please send documents addressed to the church in care of the Pulpit Committee or email these documents to email@example.com. Our current minister, John Schlueter, retiring after 19 years, may be contacted at 440-439-4339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also if you have a digital video of your preaching please email to the address given.
*Our church website is: http://www.waltonhillschurchofchrist.com/
Frankton Christian Church Frankton, Indiana Preaching / Full Time
206 Church Street :: Frankton, Indiana 46044
Average Weekly Attendance: 120
- Frankton Christian Church Pulpit Committee
- Email: email@example.com
Frankton Christian Church is seeking a full-time Senior Minister with a Restoration Movement background. The candidate should possess a degree that is affirming a doctrine, belief, and lifestyle consistent with the Movement. We are looking for a man that relates well to people of all ages and will be able to work with the Elders, Youth Minister, church staff, and church leadership. The ideal candidate should be gifted at preaching, teaching, and growing in his personal walk as well as growing the church. He should desire to become a part of the community, building relationships and offering leadership.
Frankton, Indiana is a small town of about 1800 people located about 40 miles north of Indianapolis. The Frankton Christian Church is a congregation of about 120 that was established in 1839. Along with the church there is a separate debt-free building, the Family Life Center, that consists of a full size gym, fellowship room and an extra-large kitchen. The building is used to extend our ministry to the community and houses the community food pantry. On the adjacent property is a shelter house which is used for outdoor fellowship.
Compensation will be determined based on candidates experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are encouraged to send a letter of interest, resume, and a sermon video if possible. Materials should be sent to the Pulpit Committee via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Christian Church of Newton Newton, North Carolina Preaching / Part Time
1272 Long Dr. :: Newton, North Carolina 28658
Average Weekly Attendance: 18
- Tom Jaekel
- Phone: 704-941-9332
- Email: email@example.com
First Christian is looking for a part time minister for preaching, teaching, and training. We are seeking a college graduate with a degree in Ministry, affiliated with the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, and with vision and passion for the future growth of the Lord's Church. He must be theologically sound and believe the infallibility of God's word. First Christian serves a congregation of 18-20 members weekly.
Community Christian Church London, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
723 West Fifth Street :: London, Kentucky 40741
Average Weekly Attendance: 205
- Billy Gambrel
- Phone: 606-878-8848
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a man to service as the Senior minister. A man who is committed to the Biblical principles of the Independent Christian Church/Church of Christ. A man with a degree from one of the brotherhood’s colleges or universities. A man with vision, energy, leadership and desire to lead Community Christian Church to her full potential. You may contact Billy Gambrel at 606-878-6883 or you may send resume to email@example.com. or mail to723 West Fifth Street
London, KY 40741.
Indian Hills Christian Church Danville, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
1200 Lexington Rd :: Danville, Kentucky 40422
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Douglas Coyle
- Phone: 8595164522
- Fax: 8599362043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Hills Christian Church seeks a preaching minister to join current staff of executive minister, family minister and youth/college minister. Ten years experience and degree from a Restoration school is required. Indian Hills is currently completing a 22,000 square foot addition for worship and child education.
Burkesville First Christian Church Burkesville, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
PO Box 543 :: Burkesville, Kentucky 42717
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Dennis Smith
- Phone: 270-406-3302
- Email: email@example.com
Burkesville First Christian Church is looking for a full time minister. Burkesville is a sleepy little town of 2,000 situated on the Cumberland River in South Central Kentucky. We are a community oriented church with a strong, and growing, youth program. We also present many activities that include the public (ex. plays, charity motorcycle ride, missions, and a large Vacation Bible School. We are always looking to expand our community outreach activities. This is a great place to raise a family. A minister with a wife as a partner, especially if she loves youth ministry, is what we are praying for. We have a very nice parsonage and, we feel, a competitive employment package, especially for a small church in a small town. We have great local schools, a great community and we are confident God is sending us a loving family to minister to our church.
Send resume and cover letter to Search Committee Chairperson, Dennis Smith at:
The job duties include:
1.) Preaching and Teaching:
• Plan, prepare, oversee, and deliver a Bible-based, life-relevant sermon at worship service.
• Teach a Sunday School class as necessary
• Teach and participate in Wednesday night Bible Study.
• Provide time for your own spiritual growth.
• Coordinate and schedule visiting speakers whom he believes will benefit the congregation as a whole.
• Contact prospective new members after their first attendance.
• Offer an invitation at the end of each worship service.
• Meet with and help new Christians develop their faith.
• Call on prospective (repeat) attendees about membership.
• Plan and participate in new and unique church events that help build Church/Community relationships.
3.) Pastoral care:
• Visit hospitalized members on a regular basis.
• Visit shut-in members.
• Offer counseling options, to members as needed.
• Perform weddings and funerals for members and non-members of the congregation as needed.
• Provide one-on-one teaching opportunities as needed.
• Spend time in prayer and distribute prayer requests to the Elders and prayer chain as needed.
4.) Administration and Supervision:
• Serve as primary administrative agent for the congregation on behalf of the Elders.
• Develop and implement programs for use in worship services or other functions at the church.
• Be mindful of the church budget and monitor master calendar.
• Work with the Elders to recognize, encourage, and grow potential leaders in the church.
• Maintain good communication and working relationships with the leaders of all standing teams.
• Solicit suggestions for programming and other topics from the Elders and team members.
• Demonstrate flexibility in incorporating others’ ideas into congregational planning.
• Exhibit approachable character.
• Oversee the church social media and ensure the timely dissemination of church information.
• Oversee the production of videos for use in worship and/or teaching
• Develop weekly Church Bulletin for Worship Service.
7.) Community outreach:
• Serve as First Christian Church's link to other church organizations and programs (i.e., local ministers meetings, etc).
• Participate in church food pantry outreach as necessary.
• Propose and implement other possible community outreach opportunities.
• Promote shared programs with other congregations.
• Promote and organize Vacation Bible School.
Job Title Minister
Church/Organization Name First Christian Church
Affiliation Type Independent Christian Church
Required education Bachelors Degree
Average Worship Attendance Range 60-110
Start date After 8/04/14
Additional Information • Parsonage *Retirement
• Insurance * Cont. Ed.
Bethany Christian Church Bumpass, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
2402 Bethany Church Rd :: Bumpass, Virginia 23024
Average Weekly Attendance: 145
- Bethany Christian
- Phone: 5408723707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Minister Louisa County, Virginia
Bethany Christian Church is seeking a senior minister. Our Senior Minister is to share with the elders in the vision and spiritual leadership for the church; preaching the Word of God, ensuring the spiritual care, spiritual growth, stability and leading of the congregation so that the body is built up and equipped to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through the various ministries of the church. We are an independent Christian church located in Bumpass, Virginia with an early traditional service and a 10:30 contemporary service each Sunday; our average attendance is 145. Contact us at email@example.com for a copy of the job description. We are accepting requests for the job description through Monday, 9/1/2014.
Journey Christian Church New Orleans, Louisiana Preaching / Full Time
3828 Leila Place :: New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Gary Lazarre
- Phone: 504-831-1811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey Christian Church (New Orleans, LA) is a dynamic, externally-focused, church (with a background in the Restoration Movement) located just west of New Orleans in the suburban area of Jefferson. Journey has a strong vision and track record for reaching both the unchurched and the dechurched, building up believers, and impacting the world for Christ.
Journey’s Mission & Vision is to create engaging environments that lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus. The role of the Lead Pastor will be to build up leaders to accomplish this mission and vision.
The Lead Pastor will also serve as the chief communicator, primary Biblical teacher, and visionary leader for Journey. The successful candidate will be responsible to teach culturally relevant, Biblically accurate messages during weekend services. The Lead Pastor will be responsible for effectively sharing the gospel and communicating the vision of the church, as well as leading and developing the staff and lay leadership of the church. He will also be part of the Board of Elders.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new believers. The candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of a growing ministry, instilling vision, and mobilizing leaders in this ministry environment. The successful Lead Pastor will have a proven record of being a gifted teacher, leader, and communicator as a Lead Pastor or similar capacity. In addition, the individual should show outstanding interpersonal skills, authenticity, and an ability to connect well with people from all backgrounds and life stages.
While education is not the primary consideration in the selection of a new Lead Pastor, it is likely that the Lead Pastor will have earned, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning along with personal and professional development.
a. Minimum: Bachelors degree specific to Ministry
(i.e. Theology/Bible/Pastoral Ministry)
- Ministry Experience
a. Preferred: Lead/Sr. Pastor 2+ years
b. Minimum: Pastoral Leadership Experience 4+ years (Youth, Young Adults, Discipleship)
c. Strengths in: Communication and Organizational Leadership are preferred
a. Agrees with and supportive of our Statement of Faith.
b. Theology/Doctrine aligns with the values associated with the Restoration Movement. (www.christianchurchtoday.com/who/our_roots.asp)
Interested & Qualified candidates may submit the following via email.
1. Resume & Cover Letter
a. Co-Worker (Ministry setting)
b. Supervisor (Pastor/Elder)
c. An individual you have led in a ministry environment
3. Sample Sermon: Video/Audio (Web Link, CD, or DVD) of recent sermon
Contact: Gary Lazarre (email@example.com)