- Office of Academic Affairs
- Registrar's Office
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
The Church Relations Office is grateful for the opportunity to serve churches, organizations and job seekers as they search for a minister/ ministry.
Below is a list of the ministry openings that have been submitted to the Church Relations Office. The openings are provided by the church or organization seeking a candidate and are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Kentucky Christian University. Job candidates should contact the church or organization listed for further information regarding the position(s).
Ministry opportunities are displayed for a maximum of three (3) months from the posting date.
For assistance with the following please contact Jeff Greene (606-474-3298):
- To request that an opening be removed if filled sooner than three months.
- Your opening is not filled within three months and you wish it to continue to be available (3 month extension).
- You need to edit the information provided in an opening.
Church Name Church Location Position Type/Hours
17th Street Christian Church Corbin, Kentucky Youth / Full Time
200 17th Street :: Corbin, Kentucky 40701
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Richie Smith
- Phone: 606-528-4795
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 17th Street Christian Church is seeking to fill their Youth Minister position. Our Lead Minister Richie Smith began his ministry in March 2014. Since that time we have added a Discipleship Minister as well as a Children's Director to our Staff. We are in the process of preparing to open a Preschool in August 2015, along with an After School Program during the fall or winter of 2014. Our Youth Minister will lead our middle and high school Student Ministry, while also providing assistance with the Children's Ministry. Our Staff share in the different ministries of our Church by lending resources, sharing experiences and helping one another, in order to maximize our impact with a team ministry concept. We have been praying for the person who will fill this staff position and believe that God has something exceptional planned for their ministry in Corbin KY. In addition to comparable salary, we provide housing and utilities. Please include resume with audio or video sharing preaching or teaching experience; along with a letter or video stating your interest in joining the 17th Street family.
Shively Christian Church Louisville, Kentucky Worship / Full Time
1822 Kendall Lane :: Louisville, Kentucky 40216
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- David Skirvin
- Phone: 502-447-3336
- Fax: 502-448-1578
- Email: email@example.com
Shively Christian Church in Louisville, KY, is seeking a full-time Worship Minister.
The candidate should be passionate about leading God's people in acts of worship & praise, skilled in reading, arranging & playing music and a working knowledge of digital media production is preferred.
The candidate should have a minimum of a BA from a Christian college or university and/or 3-5 years experience leading worship full time. The position requires excellent oral communication skills, strong outreach and (removed 'community') involvement abilities, and the ability to interact with a multigenerational congregation.
SCC currently offers a Traditional worship service and a Modern/Contemporary Worship service each week. The candidate would need to lead the Modern/Contemporary service and lead and serve alongside the current Traditional service worship leader each week.
SCC is a 61-year-old congregation averaging 400 in Sunday worship and seeking to grow. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, a minimum of four references, a statement of personal ministerial objectives, and a DVD/video media file of a worship set to David Skirvin (elder on search team) at SCCSearchTeam@gmail.com or 1822 Kendall Lane, Louisville, KY 40216.
If you would like to see the complete position description, please just let us know in your email.
First Christian Church of Newton Newton, North Carolina Preaching / Part Time
1272 Long Dr. :: Newton, North Carolina 28658
Average Weekly Attendance: 18
- Tom Jaekel
- Phone: 704-941-9332
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Christian is looking for a part time minister for preaching, teaching, and training. We are seeking a college graduate with a degree in Ministry, affiliated with the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, and with vision and passion for the future growth of the Lord's Church. He must be theologically sound and believe the infallibility of God's word. First Christian serves a congregation of 18-20 members weekly.
Community Christian Church London, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
723 West Fifth Street :: London, Kentucky 40741
Average Weekly Attendance: 205
- Billy Gambrel
- Phone: 606-878-8848
- Email: email@example.com
Seeking a man to service as the Senior minister. A man who is committed to the Biblical principles of the Independent Christian Church/Church of Christ. A man with a degree from one of the brotherhood’s colleges or universities. A man with vision, energy, leadership and desire to lead Community Christian Church to her full potential. You may contact Billy Gambrel at 606-878-6883 or you may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or mail to723 West Fifth Street
London, KY 40741.
Nesconset Christian Church Nesconset, New York Youth / Full Time
247 Smithtown Blvd :: Nesconset, New York 11767
Average Weekly Attendance: 225
The Nesconset Christian Church; a vibrant and healthy Long Island church of 225 seeks a full time Student Ministry Pastor. Our Church is a genuinely loving Church that worships God enthusiastically (Psalm 42). We are a non- denominational evangelical Christian Church associated with the Restoration Movement. NCC has been shepherded by our Senior Pastor for the past 17 years. We have a sustained Youth / Student Ministry that is attended by approximately 50 students and is enthusiastically and faithfully served by a dedicated team of Youth Ministry volunteers.
We seek a Student Ministry Pastor who endeavors to emulate the life of Jesus and who our youth will be inspired by the way he lives his life. We seek a person who is able to attract, lead and motivate people to accomplish the work of ministry and has a vision that they cannot stop talking about. This person will possess a strong understanding of the Bible as the Word of God and will be bold in their teaching and challenge students to endeavor to be like Jesus Christ with the goal of maturing students that possess the ability to defend their faith and can share with others why this is essential to leading a satisfied and purposeful life serving God and their community (Rom. 12:9-13)
Qualifications for the position include:
• Accomplished intern or individual with 2-5 years’ experience
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree in a theological, Biblical or practical ministries discipline This qualification could be waived in lieu of other documented related education and practical on site experience.
• Strong understanding of God’s Word
• Has demonstrated student ministry leadership ability in solid ministries such as Mission work, camp leadership, local church ministry, special programs, etc…
• Ability to Inspire & Motivate 21st Century Students
• Accountability Safeguards
Attributes for the position include:
• Prayerful in disposition
• Gentle and humble in character
• High energy and enthusiasm in personality
• A skilled and passionate teacher
• Ability to lead and develop Ministry and Student Leaders
• Able to organize and coordinate services and events
• Effective in planning & time management
• Ability to communicate with NCC Staff & Parents
Additionally beneficial skills include; musical ability and technical knowledge of audio, video systems and computers.
To find out more about the Nesconset Christian Church visit our website at www.nesconsetchurch.org. To apply and be considered for the position; please email your cover letter and a résumé to email@example.com
Indian Hills Christian Church Danville, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
1200 Lexington Rd :: Danville, Kentucky 40422
Average Weekly Attendance: 400
- Douglas Coyle
- Phone: 8595164522
- Fax: 8599362043
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Hills Christian Church seeks a preaching minister to join current staff of executive minister, family minister and youth/college minister. Ten years experience and degree from a Restoration school is required. Indian Hills is currently completing a 22,000 square foot addition for worship and child education.
Burkesville First Christian Church Burkesville, Kentucky Preaching / Full Time
PO Box 543 :: Burkesville, Kentucky 42717
Average Weekly Attendance: 70
- Dennis Smith
- Phone: 270-406-3302
- Email: email@example.com
Burkesville First Christian Church is looking for a full time minister. Burkesville is a sleepy little town of 2,000 situated on the Cumberland River in South Central Kentucky. We are a community oriented church with a strong, and growing, youth program. We also present many activities that include the public (ex. plays, charity motorcycle ride, missions, and a large Vacation Bible School. We are always looking to expand our community outreach activities. This is a great place to raise a family. A minister with a wife as a partner, especially if she loves youth ministry, is what we are praying for. We have a very nice parsonage and, we feel, a competitive employment package, especially for a small church in a small town. We have great local schools, a great community and we are confident God is sending us a loving family to minister to our church.
Send resume and cover letter to Search Committee Chairperson, Dennis Smith at:
The job duties include:
1.) Preaching and Teaching:
• Plan, prepare, oversee, and deliver a Bible-based, life-relevant sermon at worship service.
• Teach a Sunday School class as necessary
• Teach and participate in Wednesday night Bible Study.
• Provide time for your own spiritual growth.
• Coordinate and schedule visiting speakers whom he believes will benefit the congregation as a whole.
• Contact prospective new members after their first attendance.
• Offer an invitation at the end of each worship service.
• Meet with and help new Christians develop their faith.
• Call on prospective (repeat) attendees about membership.
• Plan and participate in new and unique church events that help build Church/Community relationships.
3.) Pastoral care:
• Visit hospitalized members on a regular basis.
• Visit shut-in members.
• Offer counseling options, to members as needed.
• Perform weddings and funerals for members and non-members of the congregation as needed.
• Provide one-on-one teaching opportunities as needed.
• Spend time in prayer and distribute prayer requests to the Elders and prayer chain as needed.
4.) Administration and Supervision:
• Serve as primary administrative agent for the congregation on behalf of the Elders.
• Develop and implement programs for use in worship services or other functions at the church.
• Be mindful of the church budget and monitor master calendar.
• Work with the Elders to recognize, encourage, and grow potential leaders in the church.
• Maintain good communication and working relationships with the leaders of all standing teams.
• Solicit suggestions for programming and other topics from the Elders and team members.
• Demonstrate flexibility in incorporating others’ ideas into congregational planning.
• Exhibit approachable character.
• Oversee the church social media and ensure the timely dissemination of church information.
• Oversee the production of videos for use in worship and/or teaching
• Develop weekly Church Bulletin for Worship Service.
7.) Community outreach:
• Serve as First Christian Church's link to other church organizations and programs (i.e., local ministers meetings, etc).
• Participate in church food pantry outreach as necessary.
• Propose and implement other possible community outreach opportunities.
• Promote shared programs with other congregations.
• Promote and organize Vacation Bible School.
Job Title Minister
Church/Organization Name First Christian Church
Affiliation Type Independent Christian Church
Required education Bachelors Degree
Average Worship Attendance Range 60-110
Start date After 8/04/14
Additional Information • Parsonage *Retirement
• Insurance * Cont. Ed.
Bethany Christian Church Bumpass, Virginia Preaching / Full Time
2402 Bethany Church Rd :: Bumpass, Virginia 23024
Average Weekly Attendance: 145
- Bethany Christian
- Phone: 5408723707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Minister Louisa County, Virginia
Bethany Christian Church is seeking a senior minister. Our Senior Minister is to share with the elders in the vision and spiritual leadership for the church; preaching the Word of God, ensuring the spiritual care, spiritual growth, stability and leading of the congregation so that the body is built up and equipped to lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through the various ministries of the church. We are an independent Christian church located in Bumpass, Virginia with an early traditional service and a 10:30 contemporary service each Sunday; our average attendance is 145. Contact us at email@example.com for a copy of the job description. We are accepting requests for the job description through Monday, 9/1/2014.
Christ's Church of the Valley Royerford, Pennsylvania Internship / Full Time
:: Royerford, Pennsylvania
Average Weekly Attendance: 1800
- Sheila Robinson
- Phone: 720-331-9289
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ's Church of the Valley is seeking an experienced Children's Pastor with a background through education and/or experience of the Restoration Movement and or the Independent Christian Church. Please check them at www.moviechurch.com. CCV is looking for a sting "promoter" who can lead an existing strongly-administrative kid's ministry team, articulate a massive vision to the executive staff, and become the "face" of the ministry. Must be committed to and doctrinally aligned with the vision, mission and values of CCV.
Total compensation $65-$75 with a full range of benefits at the Management Team level. This search is being handled by The Slinghot Group. Contact information above.
Memorial Church of Christ Livonia, Michigan Children's / Full Time
35475 Five Mile Rd. :: Livonia, Michigan 48154
Average Weekly Attendance: 350
- Joan Mallires
- Phone: 734-464-6722
- Fax: 734-464-8216
- Email: email@example.com
Director of Children’s Ministry
Memorial Church of Christ (Livonia, MI)
Memorial Church of Christ, an independent, Christian church located in Livonia, Michigan, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide opportunities for children to be exposed to the love of Christ and become life-long servants of Christ by:
• providing parents with tools and methods to promote spiritual growth
• developing programs that attract families to Memorial Church of Christ
• providing sound Biblical teaching
In addition, the Director of Children’s Ministry is expected to develop a comprehensive plan that includes a 3-5 year vision for children’s ministry at Memorial Church of Christ. The position will also oversee curriculum selection, teach classes, provide opportunities for children to develop a spirit of servanthood, and communicate regularly with children, parents, and the church board.
The requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (Master’s degree desirable), experience working in a children’s ministry program, a growing commitment to Christ including a strong Biblical foundation, and theological compatibility with Memorial Church of Christ. In addition, we are seeking a servant-leader who has an attested call to children’s ministry, is committed to team ministry, and who is dedicated to developing positive and growing relationships with pastoral staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
To learn more about our church family, please see www.5milechurch.org. To apply for this position, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, statement of children’s ministry philosophy, and three letters of reference (include both professional and character) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Christian Church of Orange Park Orange Park, Florida Youth / Full Time
2876 Moody Avenue :: Orange Park, Florida 32073
Average Weekly Attendance: 150
- Jim Joiner
- Phone: 904-272-1250
- Email: email@example.com
Qualifications for Youth Minister
First Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational Church, whose main desire is to Love the Lord and to Love Others. FCC is a bedroom community of Jacksonville, Fl. The church runs 150 in attendance and currently has two full time staff, a Senior Minister and a Worship Minster.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for developing relationships, loving God through loving others, and discipling youth. This person would work under the direction of the Senior Minister in building a Church pleasing to God. Their main responsibilities will be to oversee and re-develop our current youth ministry program (Pre-School - High School), supervise and equip volunteers, plan youth events, establish a visiting routine with youth and their families and oversee the Children’s Summer Program. (Formerly known as VBS)
They are expected to be a Biblical role model for the youth to follow but most importantly they will be expected to love others. A degree from a Christian church/church of Christ College is preferred but not required. They must be committed to the doctrines of the Christian churches/Church of Christ. (Restoration Movement)
Please send your resume and a Statement of Beliefs including an overview of your ministry purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org OR the church office at 2876 Moody Avenue, Orange Park, FL 32073 ATTN: Jim Joiner.
The Goals of the Youth/Children’s Ministry
• Sharing Christ with the lost and unchurched youth, leading them to a relationship with Christ.
• Growth numerically and spiritually, with an expansion of the ministries offered.
• Counsel of youth (teens) related to their spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life mate, social and family relationships.
• To develop within each student a strong doctrinal based Christian faith.
Duties (This is broken into two parts)
- Duties regarding the youth (grades 7-12) ministry.
• Plan, direct, conduct and evaluate comprehensive youth ministry taking into consideration the spiritual, social and emotional development of youth.
• Direct and oversee the teaching program of the youth program.
• Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
• Inform and involve parents in the youth program.
• Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth. Strive to involve the youth in worship, bible study, prayer and other Christian exercise.
• Avail youth to special program of spiritual growth and fellowship such as CIY, missions activities, camps, retreats, involvement with other Christian churches in the area.
• Visit middle school and high school campus for personal contact with the students.
• Study and recommend changes in the youth ministry as needed for organization, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policy and procedures, curriculum, etc.
- Duties regarding the children’s (preschool-6th grade) ministry.
• Oversee all programming for the children’s program. Sunday school, Sunday worship, Wednesday nights, Summer Program.
• Choose and make available curriculum for all ages to teachers.
• Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
• Involve and Inform parents regarding the children’s program.
• Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
• Be involved (serving as a sponsor/liaison and involving our students to attend) each year with North Florida Christian Camp.
• Help with the planning of church wide special events (ex. Fall Festival)
• Prepare and submit a budget each year for both the Youth and Children’s Ministry.
Cicero Christian Church Cicero, Indiana Children's / Full Time
1715 Stringtown Pike :: Cicero, Indiana 46034
Average Weekly Attendance: 550
- Jenni Roosa
- Phone: 317-984-4653
- Fax: 317-984-3351
- Email: email@example.com
Cicero Christian Church is prayerfully seeking an energetic, Christ-centered Children’s Minister to join our team as we carry out our mission to Reach, Teach and Serve our growing church and community for the cause of Christ. The CM is responsible for discipling children birth through 5th grade by equipping children and their families through Biblical-based education and programs. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or a related field. Prior experience is preferred .A $1000-$1500 signing bonus will be provided to the individual hired.
CCC is a n independent, Restoration Movement Christian Church located 30 minutes north of Indianapolis. For more information, go to http://cicerochristianchurch.org/1Who/Staff/StaffOpening.htm
Journey Christian Church New Orleans, Louisiana Preaching / Full Time
3828 Leila Place :: New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
Average Weekly Attendance: 75
- Gary Lazarre
- Phone: 504-831-1811
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey Christian Church (New Orleans, LA) is a dynamic, externally-focused, church (with a background in the Restoration Movement) located just west of New Orleans in the suburban area of Jefferson. Journey has a strong vision and track record for reaching both the unchurched and the dechurched, building up believers, and impacting the world for Christ.
Journey’s Mission & Vision is to create engaging environments that lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus. The role of the Lead Pastor will be to build up leaders to accomplish this mission and vision.
The Lead Pastor will also serve as the chief communicator, primary Biblical teacher, and visionary leader for Journey. The successful candidate will be responsible to teach culturally relevant, Biblically accurate messages during weekend services. The Lead Pastor will be responsible for effectively sharing the gospel and communicating the vision of the church, as well as leading and developing the staff and lay leadership of the church. He will also be part of the Board of Elders.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new believers. The candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of a growing ministry, instilling vision, and mobilizing leaders in this ministry environment. The successful Lead Pastor will have a proven record of being a gifted teacher, leader, and communicator as a Lead Pastor or similar capacity. In addition, the individual should show outstanding interpersonal skills, authenticity, and an ability to connect well with people from all backgrounds and life stages.
While education is not the primary consideration in the selection of a new Lead Pastor, it is likely that the Lead Pastor will have earned, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning along with personal and professional development.
a. Minimum: Bachelors degree specific to Ministry
(i.e. Theology/Bible/Pastoral Ministry)
- Ministry Experience
a. Preferred: Lead/Sr. Pastor 2+ years
b. Minimum: Pastoral Leadership Experience 4+ years (Youth, Young Adults, Discipleship)
c. Strengths in: Communication and Organizational Leadership are preferred
a. Agrees with and supportive of our Statement of Faith.
b. Theology/Doctrine aligns with the values associated with the Restoration Movement. (www.christianchurchtoday.com/who/our_roots.asp)
Interested & Qualified candidates may submit the following via email.
1. Resume & Cover Letter
a. Co-Worker (Ministry setting)
b. Supervisor (Pastor/Elder)
c. An individual you have led in a ministry environment
3. Sample Sermon: Video/Audio (Web Link, CD, or DVD) of recent sermon
Contact: Gary Lazarre (email@example.com)
Leslaire Christian Church Edwardsville, Illinois Youth / Full Time
1914 Esic Drive :: Edwardsville, Illinois 62025
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- John Werths
- Phone: 6186560918
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Student Minister
Leclaire Christian Church, Edwardsville, IL
Church size: 300-400
Denomination: Non-Denominational (Independent Christian Churches)
Location: University Town in the Metro East of St. Louis, population 38,000
Experience Sought: 0-5 years
Send Resume and References to:
Leclaire Christian Church
Attn: John Werths
1914 Esic Drive
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Email – email@example.com
Do you have a vision to awaken students to find and follow Jesus? Are you passionate about helping students become the people God dreamed they could be? As a church, we are focused on helping people find God – not religion. We are looking for a committed follower of Jesus to champion a compelling vision for middle school through college age ministries with most of the emphasis on middle school and high school teens. Applicants should be able to communicate and teach God’s Word to teenagers in compelling and age-appropriate ways. They need to create opportunities for students to serve and integrate into the life of the church, go on mission trips, and develop leadership skills. Applicants must be willing to develop and empower volunteers to serve and disciple students and partner with parents as they lead students toward Jesus. So, if you are willing to be an ambassador for Jesus and raise the fun level as students encounter Jesus, please send us your resume and at least 3 references.
Union Christian Church Terre Haute, Indiana Worship / Part Time
5350 E Hulman Drive :: Terre Haute, Indiana 47803
Average Weekly Attendance: 300
- Mark Grayless
- Phone: 812-877-1187
- Fax: 812-877-3457
- Email: MarkG@unionchristianchurch.org
Union Christian Church, located in Terre Haute, Indiana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Musical Arts.
Activities of the position will consist of planning, overseeing and creating a worship environment that focuses on Jesus Christ through music and media arts.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work with, encourage, and organize current volunteers as well as recruit new volunteers. Computer skills, knowledge of sound and media equipment will be required. The person will need to attend weekly staff and bi-monthly Elders/ Ministers meetings. A related degree, training or equivalent experience is preferred. Above all the candidate will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
The position is offered as a part time position, with a minimum commitment of 12-16 hours weekly. Salary will depend on experience.
Interested candidates will need to submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org