- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Lead & Enhance Appalachia Program (LEAP)
The LEAP Scholarship
Kentucky Christian University provides a Lead & Enhance Appalachia Program (LEAP) which offers full-time college students a unique tuition funding program. The LEAP Scholarship places a distinct emphasis on both financial need and academic accomplishment in order to better position Kentucky’s youth for academic and professional success. To see if you qualify, contact the KCU Admissions team at 606 474-3000, or call toll-free at 1-800-522-3181.
- Apply and be accepted to KCU by January 15th of your senior year for priority consideration.
- File a complete FAFSA by January 15th of your senior year.
- Display eligibility for full Federal Pell Grant, KY CAP Grant, KY Tuition Grant, including a KEES scholarship award amount, if applicable.
- Submit a minimum score of 20 on ACT or 1390 on SAT by January 15th of your senior year.
- Be a Kentucky resident.
To maintain eligibility for the LEAP Scholarship for up to 5 years, recipient must meet the following standards:
- Complete a minimum of 25 credit hours in freshmen years and maintain satisfactory academic progress thereafter.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Maintain continuous enrollment.
- File the FAFSA annually by January 15th.
KCU FAFSA CODE: 001965
High school seniors who apply for LEAP must take the ACT/SAT college entrance exam no later than December and have results received by KCU by the January 15th scholarship deadline. The LEAP Scholarship is only available to high school seniors entering college following graduation. Following a freshman academic year of 25 credit hours, LEAP will be applied to the first 12 credit hours per semester only with any additional hours to be paid by the student. Transfers are not eligible.
LEAP is based on federal and state government educational assistance grants. Should the federal and/or state not fund the grants and/or reduce funding below 2013 awards, the scholarship may not be offered and cannot therefore be guaranteed. In order to qualify students to receive the Kentucky state grants, the student must file the FAFSA by January 15 annually. If tax filings are incomplete, the FAFSA may be filed as a “will file” with estimated information. Kentucky Christian University will calculate the total federal, state and institutional aid, if any, for which students are eligible once the FAFSA results are received. Institutional aid is privately funded by Kentucky Christian University and its donors.