- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
Complete Your FAFSA Worksheet Today
Starting on January 1, 2013, you should begin to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov! We suggest that all Kentucky students have their FAFSA completed prior to JANUARY 15, 2013. This online form is your application for federal and state financial aid, so you want to make sure to do this as soon as you can after January 1; even if you don’t have your taxes filed by January 15. NOTE: in the section concerning tax information, be sure to select the option that says “Will File” and use the tax information provided in your previous year’s tax return. MAKE SURE AND FILE YOUR TAXES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Once you and/or your parents have filed your taxes, then go back into your FAFSA and transfer the new tax information from IRS (may take up to 2 weeks to get updated tax information).
BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE FAFSA, DO THIS:
- If filling out the FAFSA for the first time, register for a federal PIN number at www.pin.ed.gov. Keep this number, as you will need to use this PIN each time you fill out the FAFSA. Both parents and students need to register for a PIN.
- You will need the following information to fill out the FAFSA: Social Security Number and birth date for parents and the students, driver’s license number, tax returns, and W-2s.
- Be sure to go to www.fafsa.gov to fill out the FAFSA. Beware of imitating sites that may take your information and money.
WHILE FILLING OUT THE FAFSA:
- Remember that the school code for Kentucky Christian University is 001965.
- Give yourself some time. This application plays a major role in paying for college, so it’s well worth the time spent.
- Be aware that you may be flagged for verification. Don’t take it personally. Your enrollment counselor will help you through the process.
- It does take time to get the information processed. KCU will receive your results 3-4 days after you submit the FAFSA.
AFTER THE FAFSA…WHAT’S NEXT?
- Remember that you will have to go back and fix your FAFSA if your taxes were not filed when you initially filled the FAFSA out.
- Some people will get flagged for verification. We will need specific information from you when that happens and we will contact you to let you know what that is.
- If you have to make corrections to your FAFSA, don’t be concerned there was a possible mistake on the FAFSA, you will be informed if you need to make any changes.
- If you have any questions, contact your enrollment counselor or call us at 1-800-522-3181.