- Office of Academic Affairs
- Online Campus
- KCU Graduate School
- Keeran School of Education
- Sack School of Bible & Ministry
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Yancey School of Nursing On Campus
- Yancey School of Nursing RN-BSN On Line
- School of Social Work & Human Services
- Download Transcript Request Form
- Alumni & Friends
- Student Services
- Offices & Services
- Is KCU accredited?
Yes, we are regionally accredited as an institution through SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools*).
*Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097. Telephone number: 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Kentucky Christian University.
- What is the student/faculty ratio?
- What is KCU’s religious affiliation?
- Kentucky Christian University is a private university affiliated with a fellowship of independent congregations known as the Churches of Christ and Christian Churches.
- Does KCU honor Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses, and, if so, what are the minimum scores to receive credit?
- Students who qualify through AP and/or CLEP may receive advanced standing and/or exemption in certain courses in the KCU curriculum. Contact the Admissions Office for more details.
- How often do students attend chapel services?
- Students attend chapel services Tuesday and Thursday at 11:00 a.m.
- When should my daughter or son apply?
- Students can apply as early as June 1 prior to the start of their senior. “Early Action” deadline for those students interested in applying for merit scholarships is December 1 of their senior year.
- Is there an application deadline?
The priority deadline is June 1 for fall applicants, but applications received after this date will be processed pending receipt of the required application items.
The priority deadline is November 1 for spring applicants, but applications received after this date will be processed pending receipt of the required application items.
- When is the best time to visit?
- At KCU we schedule both individual visits and Sneak Preview Days. You can schedule your visit online, Campus Visit
- Does KCU have academic requirements?
- The general requirements for regular admission to KCU are 18 ACT (or 1270 SAT), and a 2.00 GPA. For those students seeking majors in Education, Nursing or Social Work, there is a 21 ACT requirement and a 2.5 GPA; for Counseling Pschology, an 18 ACT is required.
- What are the ACT/SAT/FAFSA codes for KCU?
These codes are necessary when requesting information to be sent to our offices.
- Is there an application fee? Housing Deposit?
- Application fee - $30 (unless you apply online or come on a campus visit)
Housing Deposit - $100
- How long does the application process take?
- Once the student has turned in all of the required documentation, he/she should received notice of acceptance within one week.
Financial Aid Questions
- When/How does my son/daughter apply for financial aid?
- Students can submit a FAFSA to the Financial Aid Department beginning January 1. Once the student has been accepted, he/she can apply for institutional aid.
- When will my son/daughter know how much aid he/she will be receiving?
- In most cases, when an applicant has met admissions and financial aid deadlines, an award letter will be mailed in early April.
Parents: If you do not get all of your questions answered here, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-522-3181.